Talk about/Ask about Parallel Attraction - Spoilers

Come here to celebrate the publication of Fanatics member Rosdeidre! Learn about her new book series, The Parallel Series. Ask questions about the publication process, the writing process, and anything else that comes to mind!

Moderators: RosDeidre, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

I'll be starting to read tonight. Can't wait to see how it's changed from the drafts I've read. I'll be back later with commentary.
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

Piece of advice to people....

the perfect time is NOT right before bed because you kind of forget to sleep.

De, the book is fantastic. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this, but I keep looking for Max and Liz and the others in the characters :lol:
NorafanofMaxandLiz
Addicted Roswellian

Parallel Attraction Comments

Post by NorafanofMaxandLiz »

majiklmoon wrote:Piece of advice to people....

the perfect time is NOT right before bed because you kind of forget to sleep.

De, the book is fantastic. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this, but I keep looking for Max and Liz and the others in the characters :lol:

Hi Deidre :D

I was one of those people that pre-ordered your book. I received it Monday and didn't get to sit down and read it until Saturday. I read it a few hours Saturday and finished it Sunday. I just now read the snippets of Parallel Heat. I have read the fic that we first are introduced to Marco that you had posted at fanatics and is in the archive. So when you mentioned before the book came out that if we liked Marco from that we'd like your book. I do like Marco I liked that he finally saw what he did was wrong and sacrificed himself to try and undo the harm that he did. Thea so sounds like Tess to me in a lot of ways with the whole destiny thing.

I loved Jared. Phew, now there's another alien king guaranteed to start a heat wave all on his own. He's really hot. Jared is an interesting guy he's a tough warrior that's been battle hardened. Yet, he does such romantic things for Kelsey. He really does worship her and loves her completely. He's one king that's not afraid to serve his queen and love her beyond reason. Lucky girl. You do realize that not only do I have a major case of Liz envy but now I have Kelsey envy to... Thanks Deidre... LOL!!

Parallel Attraction was really amazing. I was instantly sucked in and made it difficult to even consider anything else going on around me. There could've been an earthquake and I'd never have known. That's just magical and great writing that you're known for here at fanatics. It's so great to see one of our own become a published author. Congrats, I'm so thrilled for your success and I wish you a ton more. I was curious how many book will you be writing in the Parallel series? I noticed that Parallel Heat will be out in October and I plan to be pre ordering that one soon. Your fans that already know you and love your writing will be begging for more. I'm hoping for a nice long series for your books. It's always nice to read something that you already know the main characters and just want to go along with them for their future adventures romantic and the saving the world kind.

Congrats and Bravo :D ~ and I'm already anxious to read your future books.

Your Fan,

NorafanofMaxandLiz
Off Behr hunting for the amber eyed one

Check out my stories in Work By Author Section

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=11269
mrsjbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

re

Post by mrsjbehr »

Hey, I just wanted to say that I just bought your book and I can't wait to start reading it!!!!
"All I ever wanted was to be what you needed
Cause something so strong, it could never be wrong.."
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Man! You guys rock my world!! :) I can see we have some serious Marco fans and some big Scott fans...and of course Jared and Kelsey fans. :) The next book is definitely multi-character (and introduces a new and highly IMPORTANT character, matter of fact!), but we'll see a lot more of Marco. :)

I'm so thrilled to see my old friends here, and also glad you're loving the book. I posted this on another thread, but if you enjoyed the book, I could use some great posts over on Amazon and Barnesandnoble.com (can be exact same post!). These kinds of reader comments really do help people decide to buy the book. I'd love to hear from you over there, though of course please don't mention that original rosfic, b/c that will totally confuse people. But trying hard to build that first book buzz!!!

Hugs!! D
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

RosDeidre wrote:Man! You guys rock my world!! :) I can see we have some serious Marco fans and some big Scott fans...and of course Jared and Kelsey fans. :) The next book is definitely multi-character (and introduces a new and highly IMPORTANT character, matter of fact!), but we'll see a lot more of Marco. :)

I'm so thrilled to see my old friends here, and also glad you're loving the book. I posted this on another thread, but if you enjoyed the book, I could use some great posts over on Amazon and Barnesandnoble.com (can be exact same post!). These kinds of reader comments really do help people decide to buy the book. I'd love to hear from you over there, though of course please don't mention that original rosfic, b/c that will totally confuse people. But trying hard to build that first book buzz!!!

Hugs!! D
your wish is my command oh gifted one, and with nary a mention of max and/or liz :lol:
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Ah, dear Majik! You are a doll and a half! It's already up there! Great review, too!!

And, hey, I love Max and Liz, but I just don't want book readers to go, 'HUH? This was published...before?" :) You guys know *exactly* what I'm thinking...

THANKS A MILLION! And, hey, "Gifted one?" I love you! :)
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Leigh »

I love Marco...but I was most facinated by Scott. The notion of hybreds and how thier powers differ seems a furtile idea (furtile? did I really write that?). The shame Scott felt about being a hybred and the attraction he felt for humans is a perfect set up for a great love story.

I think I find Marco and Scott compelling because they are flawed but capable of great things...great love. I wanted to know more about them and I'm excited that you are going to develope them further. For some reason, Scott remined me of Kyle Valenti. Maybe because both characters are outsiders in their group.

I lilked Kelsey because of her strength, but I had trouble relating to her or Jared......I don't know. Perhaps, the Max and Liz love story got in the way. It would be interesting to see them more humanized

Congratulations on your books. I can't wait for the next one.
Leigh
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Hey

Got the book yesterday and read it then too (now a little disappointed I don't have anything new to read tonight...I think I'll read it again)

It's a great book and has definitely hit my list of favourites. It's thrilling when one of us gets published and I can't wait till Heat comes out...

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

De - i just finished and I have two words to say to you

Intergalactic erection :lol: :lol: :lol

OMG, it was like 12:30 when I happen to read that phrase and I just burst out laughing. I'm lucky I didn't wake the kids :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyhow, I LOVED the book, it was great, I can't wait until October. Oh and one question...when are we getting Scott's story? You totally tore me apart with his anguish over his mixed heritage and his desire for Earth women. Could you let him know I'm available, please ;)