Talk about/Ask about Parallel Attraction - Spoilers

Come here to celebrate the publication of Fanatics member Rosdeidre! Learn about her new book series, The Parallel Series. Ask questions about the publication process, the writing process, and anything else that comes to mind!

Moderators: RosDeidre, Forum Moderators

mrsjbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

re

Post by mrsjbehr »

Hey Deidre, I just finished the book and I had to come on here and tell you just how much I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it!
Would you believe I couldn't remember the Fanatics story that you wrote, ... that is, not until I read the part where Marco remembered his betrayal (ie. the kiss) .... Then I was like... OOOOHHHHHH!!!! (dense or what!) :roll:

Anyway, I spent the last 48 hours completing the story and couldn't do anything until I had! lol!
Now I can't wait until Parallel Heat comes out!

I wrote you a little something on the amazon website in reference to the book. Thanks for doing the one thing a lot of us wish we could accomplish... getting published!

Here's to J'Areshkadau Bnet (wild name by the way! WOuld love to know how you came up with that!) and Kelsy....forever finding the love I've been seeking! :lol:
"All I ever wanted was to be what you needed
Cause something so strong, it could never be wrong.."
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Terrific!

Post by Leigh »

Finished the book and I thourghly enjoyed every page! The book is different than the Max and Liz love story....and hardly anything like the Roswell series on TV. I can see where ideas of Roswell inspired a totally different creative direction for your book.

I read Gravity ages ago and of course there are many signs of that fanfic in the first Parellel book. Your next book sounds even better than the first.

The charecters I want to know more about are Scott, Marco, Thea.....and maybe the old guy who erased memories..Was there something in his backstory that effected his decision.....did he time travel...maybe he was involved in the developement of this awsum "weapon"? The lovers seem more like background to me....kind of the piviot point where all the action revolves around.....it is the players who serve them under impossible restrictions....that feels explosive....and dare I say it *human*.

See I'm pretty excited about your series :D
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Leigh wrote:I love Marco...but I was most facinated by Scott. The notion of hybreds and how thier powers differ seems a furtile idea (furtile? did I really write that?). The shame Scott felt about being a hybred and the attraction he felt for humans is a perfect set up for a great love story.Leigh
Leigh, I have a big fat crush on Scott Dillon. Proud to admit it. I'm sure you guys who write know exactly what I mean--sometimes you DO just get a bit infatuated with your characters. Anyway, Scott's my guy. And there's much, much more of him and of Marco and also a few new folks in the next books. :)

Thanks for all the great comments, y'all. Just wonderful and so uplifting to read! As you can imagine, having my "baby" released is both thrilling and also kinda scary. Thanks for all the warm, encouraging comments here! Love, D
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Re: re

Post by RosDeidre »

mrsjbehr wrote:Hey Deidre, I just finished the book and I had to come on here and tell you just how much I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it!
Would you believe I couldn't remember the Fanatics story that you wrote, ... that is, not until I read the part where Marco remembered his betrayal (ie. the kiss) .... Then I was like... OOOOHHHHHH!!!! (dense or what!) :roll:

Anyway, I spent the last 48 hours completing the story and couldn't do anything until I had! lol!
Now I can't wait until Parallel Heat comes out!

I wrote you a little something on the amazon website in reference to the book. Thanks for doing the one thing a lot of us wish we could accomplish... getting published!

Here's to J'Areshkadau Bnet (wild name by the way! WOuld love to know how you came up with that!) and Kelsy....forever finding the love I've been seeking! :lol:
Thanks so much!! And thanks for the Amazon post--much, much appreciated! I'm glad you loved the book! Hugs!
Tanya7496
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tanya7496 »

Parallel Attraction has been a great read. I couldn't put it down. It will in my library of books that I enjoy reading over and over. I love the Kelsey character and her spunk. Just the woman to settle Jared down.
Can't wait to read Parallel Heat. Marco is an intriging character. As well as Scott. I love this book and I recommended it to my friends to buy.
hybridmagic
~A once fallen king shall rise again and bring his bride back to life.~Ava in the uncut MITC
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Tanya7496 wrote:Parallel Attraction has been a great read. I couldn't put it down. It will in my library of books that I enjoy reading over and over. I love the Kelsey character and her spunk. Just the woman to settle Jared down.
Can't wait to read Parallel Heat. Marco is an intriging character. As well as Scott. I love this book and I recommended it to my friends to buy.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! As a new author I need every recommendation you guys will give me! And I'm thrilled that you loved the book. I am soooo psyched about the next one coming out in October b/c I think it's a much better book than PA. I mean, PA is a good book (LOL!) but I am very proud of the next one. It's chock full of huge surprises. :)

Hugs!
HoodieBehrFan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HoodieBehrFan »

Wow! Deirdre, brava! Parallel Attraction is wonderful! I finally found some time to devote to losing myself in a new book, and I'm so glad I was able to pick up PA at Border's. It's so thrilling to see an author whose work I read here not so long ago and thoroughly enjoyed has now become published! I call it "The Roswell Effect" - how the Roswell phenomenon connected us fans and we all became touched by it in different ways.

It's not often I pick up a book where I am so involved in the world the author creates. I couldn't put Parallel Attraction down - good thing I'm on vacation! But, of course, I was thoroughly involved in your stories you published here too. I loved all your series. As I read PA I could see the gleam in the wood floors at Jared's log "cabin," and truly imagine the landscape view that Jared and Kelsey admired during their snowmobile ride. I despaired when Jared and Kelsey disappeared when Jared died, and, of course, enjoyed every minute of the steamy love scenes. To die for! Kelsey is one lucky woman! I'm still intrigued - I still have a lot of unanswered questions about Marco's motives and glimpses of the future or past. So I'm a little frustrated that I have to wait to fill in the gaps. But I understand that the best presents are those we have to wait for. So I can't wait for the next novel and I'm glad October isn't too far away. I'm very excited to read more about Kelsey, Jared, Marco, Scott, and even Thea and your other characters. Here are some things I am looking forward to:

Will Jared and Kelsey surmount the "looming infertility" issues have children the way that Kelsey promises?
Will the future now be changed?
Will Thea still betray Jared?
What the heck are the mitres?
And what does Kelsey do with them in the future?

Congratulations again, Deidre. You are a wonder! It's a thrill to be able to continue to read your work!
Stardance
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stardance »

I LOVE THE BOOK!

Deidre, It is absolutly amazing...Jared and Kelsey are the couple that Max and Liz should have become and would have become if you had been writting for the TV show.... :D . I just bought it to day and have yet to finish it...however I am going to throw out this idea. Marco comes back and takes Kelsey and Thea joins with Jared to help locate Kelsey...she actually experiences what Kelsey and Jared's bond is like...so maybe she doesn't betray him and maybe Marco doesn't end up falling in love with Kelsey because he has the lovely Thea......Definitly can't wait for numero two.....This is awesome...sigh......must leave now and return to book.
Stardance
Nitka_22
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Nitka_22 »

I'm not yet read :( Why? Becouse your's books isn't not translation to polish :cry: but I read forum's version and I loved this story! :twisted: I cant wait :twisted:
Stardance
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stardance »

Well there goes my theroy....Couldn't Marco have combusted himself just a couple of minutes later....I only hope that somehow his coming back already changed the future...and they really need to read the letter.
Stardance