Deidre's Thread

Come here to celebrate the publication of Fanatics member Rosdeidre! Learn about her new book series, The Parallel Series. Ask questions about the publication process, the writing process, and anything else that comes to mind!

Moderators: RosDeidre, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Deidre's Thread

Post by Kath7 »

This is Deidre's home thread where she can give us all the info she has to share that doesn't fit into the other threads.
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Thanks, Kath!! This is such an awesome "home" on this board that has been such a huge part of my journey as a writer. I know not everyone knows me because I haven't written any Rosfic for quite a while, but once upon a time I was a diehard fanfic writer and reader. :) In fact, my very first fanfic, HOW TO DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY served as the core basis for what later became my first published novel, PARALLEL ATTRACTION. Now, the two are in (many ways) worlds apart because I changed a lot in the new book (otherwise I'd have felt like I was rehashing something I'd already written!)

Anyway, I'm rambling, but this is my way of just saying THANKS! This is so incredibly exciting to me--having my own forum, the publication of the book, and sharing it with my Roswell friends. So I look forward to chatting with all of you here!

Also, not sure if I can post it, but here's the cover to the next book in the series, PARALLEL HEAT.

Hugs,
Deidre[/img][/code]
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Whoa! That came out huge! :)

A few other general bits of news:

****I have several contests that will end on this coming Tuesday, April 4th (official publication day!) All you have to do is join my newsletter group and you'll be eligible to win an iPod, a tray filled with Alien perfume goodies, and signed copies of the book. Here's the link to join my newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DeidreKnight/

*****Recently I launched a cutting edge website, The Parallel Experience. Not only does it include all kinds of cool special effects, there are interviews with the characters that give insights *not* included in the books, and there's also an excerpt of the first chapter. Just visit here:

http://www.deidreknightbooks.com
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Bordersinsanity »

Nothing's wrong with big, De... :O)

I've been quiet but Congratulations!!! It couldn't happen to a better writer of Roswell Fanfic than you.

take care
Jen
<center>Image
Archives | Rules | Plagiarism | Fundraising</center>
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Thanks, Jen!! :) I'll keep that in mind as I write the next book...
Nothing wrong with big. Nothing wrong with big. :)
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Anyone interested in using my new banner? I'm about to add it to my signature, but it's a great way to promo the book and provide a link to Amazon in the process! Just post here if you'd like to do so.

Hugs! D (who is going to try and use her own banner shortly!)
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

I am having a hard time figuring out how to post and allow the banner to change like it does when I look at it on my hard drive. I'm hoping flicker will allow it! Any ideas?
<center>Image
Athaya
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Athaya »

:shock: Yay! Really, really cool banner :twisted: And that colorl's 8) Color in love :wink:
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Thanks, Athaya! The more I look at the new cover, the more I'm in love with it!!! Hugs, D
Tigereyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Three points left of center!! Where all the cool kids hang out...

Post by Tigereyes »

*WAVES* Hey Everyone!! It's been ages since I've had any time to get back in here to read or post, but I HAD to stop by to tell De that I picked up a copy of Parallel Attraction over the weekend. I haven't felt such excitement in a long time! That, and the fact that I could brag to the guy behind the counter that I "know" the author was kinda fun :D

It harkened me back to the days here when I had more time and was totally engrossed in HTDC and GAW(not to mention all of your other fics). I can remember waiting with baited breath for each and every update....now I can't wait for the next book!! October is *WAY* too far away :wink:

I'm *SO* happy for you De...just wanted to drop by and let ya know.

~Jody
LIZ: ... What?
FUTURE MAX: Nothing. It's just...seeing you at 17 again is making it all come flooding back to me. How my stomach used to rumble every time I saw you.