Deidre's Thread

Come here to celebrate the publication of Fanatics member Rosdeidre! Learn about her new book series, The Parallel Series. Ask questions about the publication process, the writing process, and anything else that comes to mind!

Moderators: RosDeidre, Forum Moderators

Tigereyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Three points left of center!! Where all the cool kids hang out...

Post by Tigereyes »

RosDeidre wrote:Jody, this comment really moved me. It brings back all the warm fuzzies I used to feel being part of this fandom. I can honestly say that Roswell got me through a very difficult time in my life--when I was finishing GRAVITY and then writing ANTARIAN SKY, I had lost identical twins and was still carrying the third triplet (I had twins and a singleton), who is my now BEAUTIFUL daughter Riley. At the time, so many people talked about the emotion in ANTARIAN SKY--people wrote me that the story healed their hearts and that kind of thing. Well, what I couldn't really express at the time was that it was MY healing too. Getting to write and share stories that came from my heart, and my feelings of loss and also joy, was such a big part of my own journey. I'll always love my Roswell friends.
hugs! D
Hey De! I'm *SO* sorry that's it's taken me a week to get back here....I've had some changes to my work position since the first of this year and it's really put the kibosh on my internet play time.

Anyway...I'm going to risk sounding really sappy here, but I just wanted to say that I think of all your fics, ANTARIAN SKY is closet to my heart. I remember very vividly the trouble you were having with your pregnancy at that time (while you were writing HTDC & GRAVITY). My heart broke for you then. And don't get me wrong, I love HTDC&GRAVITY,they are two of my all time favorite RosFics, but there was *something* that just got to me (still does) about AS. I definitely think you are right about the emotion of that piece being in the forefront. That and I loved the idea of both Max & Michael as artists. I was really bummed when you didn't finish AN :wink: (Not that I'm needling you about it or anything... :lol: )

On a lighter note, I'm glad to hear the Riley is doing well. I'm also glad that I'm still here to enjoy the fruits of your (FINALLY PUBLISHED! :wink: YAY!! Ok...so, I'm still doing a Happy Dance for you :D ) labors. I meant it when I said...I can't wait for October and Parallel Heat!

{{HUGS}} back to you,
Jody
Last edited by Tigereyes on Mon May 01, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIZ: ... What?
FUTURE MAX: Nothing. It's just...seeing you at 17 again is making it all come flooding back to me. How my stomach used to rumble every time I saw you.
Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ti88 »

i just wanted to drop by...late of course and say congratualtions. i have to add this to my list of books to read. (why isn't there enough time in the day?) :lol:
Roselle
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Tigereyes wrote:Hey De!
Anyway...I'm going to risk sounding really sappy here, but I just wanted to say that I think of all your fics, ANTARIAN SKY is closet to my heart.

{{HUGS}} back to you,
Jody
Jody! Be sappy all you want, doll!! That was a very intense and special time, and I felt like all of you guys walked through it right with me. BIG HUGS!!! And lots of love!
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

BTW, I've started a blog just devoted to the series, it's called The Parallel Realm and is at http://www.parallelseries.blogspot.com

Come visit me! Hugs
Morrigan Undomiel
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Tied up on Ewan's bed waiting for him to come in wearing that kilt. Rowr.

Post by Morrigan Undomiel »

Hey Deidre, I just wanted to give you an amazing congratulations. I haven't been back here in forever and a day but I came back and I was SO excited to see that someone has been published!

It is definitely my dream, so seeing you succeeding gives me hope for the future. I will go out and buy your books and I am rooting for you 100%.
LizzyBug
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LizzyBug »

Deidre, OMG... I just loved your stories. I can't wait for the third one to come out. Are you gonna write any more books for this series, or is this it? Please tell me you'll be writing some more. I love your characters. They seem so realistic.

Lizzy
sugarplum17
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by sugarplum17 »

Hi Deidre. I don't know if you remember me from so long ago, but I wanted to say congrats on getting published! I loved GRAVITY and if this series is anything like that, I know I'm going to love it. This is the first I'm hearing of their release, so it looks like I've got some catching up to do. Can't wait!

Lynn
Come check out the VM [site] Directory!
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

LizzyBug wrote:Deidre, OMG... I just loved your stories. I can't wait for the third one to come out. Are you gonna write any more books for this series, or is this it? Please tell me you'll be writing some more. I love your characters. They seem so realistic.

Lizzy
Hey, Lizzy!
For some reason I'd missed this post the last time I was here. Sorry!! Yes, there are more books coming in the series. PARALLEL SEDUCTION publishes in a couple of months, actually, and then in December, PARALLEL DESIRE will come out. I also have an Amazon short in the works, PARALLEL FIRE and that should be live in the next few months via Amazon. More on that soon!

Here's the link for SEDUCTION:

http://www.amazon.com/Parallel-Seductio ... F8&s=books
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

sugarplum17 wrote:Hi Deidre. I don't know if you remember me from so long ago, but I wanted to say congrats on getting published! I loved GRAVITY and if this series is anything like that, I know I'm going to love it. This is the first I'm hearing of their release, so it looks like I've got some catching up to do. Can't wait!

Lynn
Are you kidding? Of COURSE I remember you! And MOrgan, great to see you too! It's so fun to see these posts from my wonderful old friends. I have such happy memories of the days when I was posting my stories live here and you guys were reacting. I owe a lot to that "training ground." :)

Hey, so I have a fabulous newsletter that will keep you up to date on all my releases, giveaways, etc. Just go to my site and sign up at http://www.deidreknight.com . You can also join my egroup that way which is a ton of fun and is where we discuss all kinds of topics. hugs!
beautifyldreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by beautifyldreamer »

Hey RosDeidre! I'm a long time fan of Roswell and you! I read one of your series' a few years ago (How to Dissapear Completely and Gravity Always Wins) and I fell in love! At that time I couldn't find a completed version of Back to Save the Universe and was wondering, did you ever finish that story and if so, where oh where could i find it? I stopped reading/writing fanfiction for the longest time (classes got in the way) but now i have a little more freetime and have spent tons of time trying to remember who the author was and what my favorite series of all time was and wam bam i joined today and saw you're name and a light bulb came on! (the next few hours shall be spent rereading the series :D )

and as i read over the past little paragraph i realize how silly i sound and how little sense i actually made... haha but basically i'm just curious about Back to Save the Universe and definitely want to let you know i think you're absolutely fabulous and an incredibly talented author! :)

ps: congratulations on being published! i can't wait to lighten my pockets and dive into that series soon! :)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

"What's so great about being normal?"
-Max Evans