PARALLEL HEAT: Discuss here!

Come here to celebrate the publication of Fanatics member Rosdeidre! Learn about her new book series, The Parallel Series. Ask questions about the publication process, the writing process, and anything else that comes to mind!

Moderators: RosDeidre, Forum Moderators

Shama
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shama »

I'm so depressed!
I went to Chapters today to get my copy and guess what.... They didn't have any left! They were completely sold out! :(

I just ordered it from Amazon though, so I feel a little better lol
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Shama wrote:I'm so depressed!
I went to Chapters today to get my copy and guess what.... They didn't have any left! They were completely sold out! :(

I just ordered it from Amazon though, so I feel a little better lol
Really? Or had it just not come in yet? :) Amazing!
Shama
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shama »

They told me they were out of it
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Shama wrote:They told me they were out of it
THat's just crazy! When it came out today! I think it's a good sign, but not so good for YOU! :)
Angel Kisses 70
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Angel Kisses 70 »

Okay, I got MY copy yesterday! ::doing happy dance::

And thank you Deidre, I am now sleep-deprived! :lol:

Freakin' amazing! Loved it, loved it, loved it!

It was interesting to see what you kept from the original idea and what you changed for the book series.

Also, like the twist you put in there to tie Marco in with everyone. (I won't say what it was cause I don't want to spoil it for everyone else.) I totally believed it and wonder, did you actually kick around that idea for the original Roswell fic?

I also liked how they see "memories" from the original timeline. I'm guessing that the Refarians are sensitive to the space/time continium. I wonder if the Antousians are as well and have been receiving memory flashes.

Finally, as always, the chemistry between the characters is SO HOT! Needless to say, my dear hubby thanks you also since he gets to reap the benefits! :twisted: :lol: (He's also a great resource and very willing to help the cause when I'm writing my own love scenes for my stories, which is probably why he doesn't mind my writing time. Men, they are so easy! :lol: )

So looking forward to Scott and Hope's book! :D

::looks around hopefully::

Is it April yet?

Mel
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Yay, yay, I'm looking forward to Scott and Hope's story too. That's what I wrote on her Myspace page. LOL.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
kittens
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kittens »

This 6 months between books is torture. But then that's nothing new, waiting for the next chapter update to be posted was just as frustrating.

I should know better... but when I ordered the first book online a week or so ago, the 2nd book wasn't released yet, so I didn't order it, I wasn't going to get a discount on it or anything, so I figured I'd wait..... I hate waiting to read what's happening next, that why I usually pick up a book and finish it in one sitting. (I'm averaging about 5 hours each book, in one sitting of course)
Anyways, I read the first one and on my way home from work the next day bought the second one from the book store. That was yesterday, and I finished it that same night.
Now I have to wait 6 months for the last one!!!!!!! Shoot me now, LOL!!!

I think I liked the first book best because of the dreamer vibe. That's a personal thing, all couples and things like soulmates are weighed against the standards set by Roswell.

The letter left by Marco really didn't explain much of anything, if he really wanted to fix things, he should have gave some actual details, it was all very vague. It seems like dumn luck that things changed in any way. Everyone is getting glimpses of the alternate timelines, and little things that could be important, they should be sharing this information, but everyone seems to be keeping them secret.
Serena should have told both guys together that they were brothers.

The second time loop, when Marcos went back in time, and realised he was wrong and started helping them. That seemed like it would be the best path toward a better future. He knew who the enemies were and had them right there were they could take them out. If they would have been able to keep everyone alive, that blow to the enemies leaders would set them way ahead in this war.
Then he went back again for a third loop. Shouldn't he have gone back a week. Didn't it say he was there when Kelsey had the info tranferred to her earlier in the week. He said he had contacted the enemy leaders and set up the trap. Wasn't that already in place before he grabbed Kelsey?

The virus that caused everything seems kind of suspicious.
Even the fact that they have the mitres as their back up plan going back hundreds of years. Seems like someone planned out how to destroy their race.

No matter how you look at it, it's a horrible trajedy. They didn't die from the virus, but they can't live either. Even killing them off to save the humans adds to the trajedy, but this they have brought upon themselves.

It almost seems like they need to go all the way back in time before everything started on this downfall.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

I'm very excited to say that my books are on hold at the library and I'm on my way to pick them up today!!! I FINALLY will get to read them! Whoo Hoo! :mrgreen:

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
guelbebek
Addicted Roswellian

Post by guelbebek »

Hello Deidre!

I just read the first and the secone one :D you send me the first one earlier and i started it then already, but it was so wondeful i knew i have to wait for the second and third one and then read on! :)

it was the perfect decision, cause now im reading the third one, but i should tell you that i loved the first two.

Parallel Attraction... my god, was i impressed of the idea when i first read it! You know i never read your gravity series from which everyone talks because back then i wasnt around here so Jared and Co. are fully new to me. I love this Blood Line, and him being a dual being. Its just so impressing how you write it and at times i notice me wishing there would be really such people :lol: hm maybe there are 8) I loved Jared from the beginning but had probles with Kelsey I dont know why, but i read more and more and now i love them both together! She will be such a wonderful queen.

But one thing i have to admit, coming with reading of Parallel Heat. I love Marco and Thea. I cant decide whom i love more, at times thea and times marco. But its cleary that this couple is absolutely my favourite. I love them together,not togethter, talking, argueing. Oh and li love the twist about marcos past too. And here comes Sabrina. According to her, Jared is not the real king of Refaria, so who is it? Marco is younger so Jared would be next in line :? sth you're hiding is getting me damn curious here.

And Parallel Seduction, im right at the beginning, but i read that jake is afraid of Scott noticing him, so he must be an Antousian. But who other then Scott is Antousian in Jared's army? I have my theories but when it is what i think, then both of them, Scott and Jake, are in real danger.

So i cant read to wait more, but coming five days i have to work! And im trying to get out a plan so i can read though when i have to work.

And a last one. I love your style, english is not my native language (which you can see on my post) but i understand everything, its fluent to read and easy to get your meaning because you write so wonderfully. :D

Thanks for sending me the books! Cant wait for the fourth one to come out.

Bye guel
Roswell 4th Season in German! 17 Episodes are online. (Update 25/08)

My Authors Page
German Roswell Fictions