Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Ch 39 3/24/20

This is the place for you to post any stories of Roswell mixed with mythology or characters from another universe, like Buffy or Smallville.

Moderators: Erina, Forum Moderators

pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Ch 36 12/11/14

Post by pandas2001 »

would love to see another update very soon!
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Note 5/15/15

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Note:

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't updated this in a few months. Thank you so much for the feedback.

I am currently working on the next chapter...or what I think will be the next chapter. I was wanting it to be a present day/future chapter but the past part has been calling to me. So that's what I'm working on right now. Probably in a month or so I will have a new chapter ready to post for this fic.

Hope to see you all then. :D
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pandas2001 »

YES!
I can't wait!

Hmm PAST means Liz in LA, love seeing her and Spike in the beginning of their relationship.
Does this mean the rest of the Potential tests?
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

pandas2001: Glad you're excited. :mrgreen: Yep, past means more Potential tests, which I really love writing. :D

Note: Hello everyone. This chapter is kinda short, mainly because this next round of Potential tests is not finished yet. Both work and home have been super busy. It’s summer time so we’re getting a lot bigger truck loads coming in, so we’re working more hours than normal, hours that I usually use to write. And at home, for the last 3 weeks, I’ve been picking Mom up at work because her husband’s car was in the shop and he needs a car for his job, so she’s been carless. So basically from 3:30 in the morning to 5 in the evening I’ve had very little time to write. However I did want to get something out to you guys by July. So I’m technically posting half the chapter now and I’ve started working on the second half of it, which I am very much looking forward to writing. :twisted: Hope you enjoy and I’ll be back at the end of July/beginning of August with the second half of this chapter.

Chapter 37

May 6, 2001

After comforting Liz for a few minutes, reassuring her that Kennedy wasn’t a viable threat to him, she and Spike returned to the lobby area. Some noticed their descent but most, thankfully, ignored their return. Spike kissed the side of her temple and kept his hand on the small of her back as they made their way toward the front desk.

Kennedy smirked at her. Liz could only guess what made her so thrilled. However her guess was probably right on the money. Kennedy appeared happy that Spike knew about her threat. It wouldn’t surprise her.

“Good now that we’re all here,” Giles cleared his throat, gaining the attention of those gathered around. “Our next test or set of tests is hand to hand combat.”

Spike stepped forward, ready to argue with Giles, but the Watcher was one step ahead of him. “Liz with you being pregnant, the rounds you’re in will be slightly different. There won’t be any contact to certain parts of your body. Stomach, low, and mid back, also no flipping you on to your front or back. Will that be sufficient?”

Liz remained silent for a moment. On the one hand she didn’t want special treatment. However her baby was more important than her pride. “Fine. We’re not fighting at full power anyway right?”

“Correct.” Giles confirmed.

“Then it’s fine.” Liz agreed.

“All right, give us ten minutes to decide the combat pairs.” Giles went off with Angel, Wesley, and Buffy, away from the rest of the group. He stopped briefly when he realized Spike wasn’t joining. With him being so protective of Liz, he would have thought Spike would be right there telling them who was sufficient and non-sufficient to go against Liz in these next rounds of tests. Instead he stayed by Liz, keeping a hand on her back, and casting calculating glances toward Kennedy.

“Got a problem Rupert?” Spike snapped, catching his stare.

“No.” Giles stated calmly. He turned back to the others. Quickly they decided who would go against who. For the first rounds everyone agreed to keep Liz and Kennedy apart. There was so much animosity between them. No use adding to it, at least for now. The other rounds, however, would be harder to keep them separated.

With the pairs decided Buffy and Angel went to tell the others. Meanwhile Wesley stayed rooted to his spot, across from Giles. “What bothered you?”

Giles took his glasses off and began cleaning them. “I think Kennedy may end up on the wrong side of Spike.” Slipping his glasses back on, he explained why. “Something happened between Liz and Kennedy before Spike took her upstairs. Now, I can see his wheels spinning.”

“That doesn’t bode well for Kennedy I take it?” Wesley too took in the three players of the topic of discussion.

Giles forgot sometimes that Wesley hadn’t really had much experience with Spike. Outside of books and class lessons anyway. Which in their reality meant only slightly better than nothing. “No. No, it doesn’t bode well for the girl at all.” Spike thinking led to what he was famous for, killing Slayers and inventive ways of killing people, like with the railroad spikes he named himself after.

“What do you suggest?” He would defer to his former colleague on the subject of Spike, along with Buffy and Angel, who had far more real life experiences with the bleached blonde.

“For now just keep an eye on both him and Kennedy. We’ll intervene if necessary but I don’t want to the situation to escalate, which I feel our involvement would inevitably cause.” He briefly explained.

Wesley agreed with his assessment. Spike wasn’t a notorious planner, more of a fly by the seat of his pants kind of vampire, and if people ended up dead, so be it. Confronting him now would only increase Spike’s anger and chances of him killing Kennedy right then and there soared.

The two Watchers rejoined the group, there were displeased murmurs of some and enthusiastic giddiness of other Potentials. Giles quickly laid out the rules. “Do not use your full strength. This is not a battle to the death. However this test is to assess Slayer abilities. We can already tell that some of you are losing your strength and other attributes that come naturally to a Slayer. This test will hopefully reveal a few more non-Slayers. Remember, do not use full strength.”

“Ok, first group of pairs. Come forward.” Wesley instructed. “Face one another. Combat stance. Go!”

Liz stood, with her back against the front desk counter, watching as the first group of eight punched, kicked, side leg swiped and hair pulled. Yes, there were a couple hair pullers, she couldn’t fault them for that though; in a fight for your life you grabbed anything in reach. Hair, piercings, clothing, anything that’d give an advantage was fair game.

As she watched she took note of a couple Potentials that didn’t seem as quick or as strong as their opponents. Whether that was because they’d be weaker Slayers anyway or they weren’t the next Slayer called, she didn’t know. Either way it was clear in some cases who’d be continuing on to the next round.

For the first few rounds she was pleased she wasn’t going to be paired against Kennedy. That girl didn’t care at all that Liz was pregnant. Seeing how she fought against Melissa, a Potential from Mississippi, she wasn’t holding back and if she wasn’t using her full strength she was damn close to it. It made the likely hood of Kennedy following the rules if she fought against Liz doubtful. Honestly it surprised her when Kennedy didn’t speak up against no full contact when Giles gave them the rules.

What bothered Liz the most though, was the girl’s smirk. If, near the final set of rounds, she and Kennedy were paired for combat she’d have to be extra careful. Watch her opponents movements a lot more and be prepared to beat the shit out of her, if need be. While it was unlikely Kennedy would try anything with so many people observing, Liz couldn’t afford to take any chances.

The fighting between the eight Potentials was beginning to wind down. Some were calling it quits, others still ready to fight. Giles and Wesley were busy writing down notes, pointing out things silently to one another.

Two Potentials, Amanda and Shantelle, already bowed out and were resting on the stairs. The other two, Rona and Almira, they’d been against hadn’t wanted to stop and started sparing with each other, but Giles immediately stopped them. “You’ll move onto the next round girls.” He promised.

Reluctantly they ceased, moving toward the stairs away from Kennedy, Melissa, Yara, and Jordis. At the ten minute mark no one else had called it quits, so Wesley whistled making the remaining girls pause. “You six,” he included Rona and Almira, “will move onto round two. Shantelle and Amanda will not.”

Sharyl squeezed her twins arm in comfort. It must suck for some when they find out they’re not a Slayer. For some, like Kennedy, being the Slayer was the end all be all. If they weren’t the Slayer what was the point of all this. Liz wasn’t in that boat. She didn’t want to be a Slayer. Hated the idea frankly.

“Next group of eight.” Wesley called them forward.

Spike softly smoothed his hand down her back. “You’ll do great love.”

She gave him a weak smile. On the one hand she hated failure, tried her best to make sure she did perfectly in all things. On the other hand though, doing well meant it’s more likely she’s the Chosen One.

Liz joined Billie, a Potential who lived in Germany till age five before she and her family moved to Florida, and smiled. She liked her and the short time they’d been at the hotel Billie had been nice to her.

Billie smiled back and quickly assured her. “I might look like I’ll kick you in the no contact areas but I won’t, I’ll pull back before I get too close.”

“Thanks.” At least half the Potentials she wouldn’t have trusted if they said that but Billie she did. She’d seen the girl spar before and she was good. Did what she said and did it well. “Glad I was paired with you.” Liz laughed softly.

“Fighting stance!” Giles’s loud voice cut any further conversations off. “Go!”

Billie swung her fist at Liz, missing her face by millimeters. Liz immediately ducked and leg swept her opponent. Billie fell back but flipped up fluidly, easily getting back into position. They fought, neither upping the other for very long.

In the background she heard Spike growl whenever Billie got too close to the no contact areas but the young woman kept her word. She would pull back if Liz hadn’t been able to block her or counter in time. Kennedy also made noises behind them. Scoffing and whispering to someone next to her that she’d be able to take Billie easily.

Liz pushed, not only Kennedy’s criticism from her mind, but also Billie away when she lunged at her with her whole body. Billie rolled back and up into a crouching position. When she stood up the two girls paused for a second, each assessing the other.

“Come on already.” Kennedy mumbled.

Instead of jumping into action Billie and Liz stayed still, calm.

Billie moved first. She whirled around, her arm out, looking to make contact with Liz’s face. Liz blocked the attack and kicked her leg up and to the side, hitting Billie in the chin.

Billie fell back but grasped at Liz’s clothes starting to drag her down with her. Spike growled and started forward to catch Liz, and possibly kill Billie, but Liz dealt with the sudden grab fine. She flipped over Billie landing on her feet, while still bent slightly back. She gave a sudden back kick up to Billie’s back knocking her hold loose.

Liz straightened and the two, without missing a beat, continued to spar. It seemed like only a couple minutes had passed but when Giles whistled, signaling the round was over, it had been nearly fifteen minutes. Both her and Billie stopped and high fived. They both survived first rounds, three of the other girls hadn’t.

Wesley announced that Liz, Billie, Sheryl, Kukumo, and Hiroko, would go onto next rounds; while Dakota, Thora, and Cassie were out. “Give us a few minutes to decide the new pairings.”

Quickly Angel, Buffy, Giles, and Wesley gathered again. “We can’t pair the girls who were already paired up together.” Buffy stated.

“Buffy’s right. We know how they’ll fight against their previous opponent.” Angel agreed. “We also have a new wrinkle. An uneven number of temp Slayers.”

Buffy shrugged. “I could spar with one of them.” It would be interesting to see how the girls would do against a real Slayer. Someone with nearly nine years of experience under their belt. She’d have to hold back a little, on the very good chance that whoever she was paired with wouldn’t be a Slayer and if they were they were still new.

“Yes, let’s do that.” Giles agreed. Back in Sunnydale the girls never got the chance to fight against a Slayer, Buffy and later Faith, had taken them out for vampire against Slayer training but never Slayer against Potential. He had to admit he was fascinated to see what would come of it. With the new pairings decided they rejoined the group.

TBC

Next Chapter: Still past and the rest of hand to hand combat.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Ch 37 6/22/15

Post by pandas2001 »

I was so excited when I saw the update.
can't wait for the next part!
lizandzackfan
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizandzackfan »

Love the past chapters and am looking forward to how Liz deals with Kennedy:)
Thanks to precariousem for my sig banner.
Check out my site.
http://writersfanfiction.darkbb.com/index.htm
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pandas2001 »

Please hurry back, I want to see what is gonna happen with Kennedy and what Spike has up his sleeve.
How will the next round of hand to hand go?
I doubt if Kennedy broke the rules and just went off on Liz when they are partnered that it won't go down well with anyone, though I think Liz could take the girl and put her in her place, no question.

On another topic:

I have been re-reading your stories from your author's page lately. This weekend I have been reading the Charmed ones and I could've sworn you had one where Liz (Elizeran) interrupts Cole's wedding to Phoebe but couldn't find it on the page. It kinda went with Exit Strategy.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

pandas2001 wrote:Please hurry back, I want to see what is gonna happen with Kennedy and what Spike has up his sleeve.
How will the next round of hand to hand go?
I doubt if Kennedy broke the rules and just went off on Liz when they are partnered that it won't go down well with anyone, though I think Liz could take the girl and put her in her place, no question.

On another topic:

I have been re-reading your stories from your author's page lately. This weekend I have been reading the Charmed ones and I could've sworn you had one where Liz (Elizeran) interrupts Cole's wedding to Phoebe but couldn't find it on the page. It kinda went with Exit Strategy.
Hi pandas, I am writing the next chapter, I promise. Work has been super busy, got a promotion and new job responsibilities and we have a big event coming up next week, so work has been taking up a lot of time and energy lately. When the big event is done I should have more time to finish the upcoming chapter. :D

And yes, that is my fic, it is called Speak Now. Enjoy. :mrgreen:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pandas2001 »

Thanks I added the link to my bookmarked faves.
I love reading your stories and every few months I re-read them. Your portrayals of Liz is always riveting and yoy pairings with all my faves - Dean, Spike, Alec, Cole, Clark etc.

I am hoping you continue "Exit Strategy" and the ONStSM sequel "Strange Old World." I was thankful that my Cole/Liz fix was satisfied with the June update of "Complicated Affair."
SOW left off with Max on his way to Earth with little Bryant being his target it seems. While ES left off with Raynor plotting to turn Cole evil and the triangle between Liz/Cole/Phoebe. Elizeran is an interesting character and the Liz/Cole pairing make a great read.

Congratulations on the promotion and good luck with the event. Thanks for the update note, it helps with the waiting. Until then I will continue re-reading.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Thank you so much, you're so sweet.

I love that you love how I portray Liz and who I like to pair her with. :D

I will be continuing Exit Strategy. After I finish Date with Destiny and Complicated Affair I will be bringing that one back. I have about 3 pages worth of just basic plot points, so the story has a clear path of where it will go and where it will end. I'm also working on rewriting it a bit and fixing some of the issues I noticed as I was reading through it. So it will absolutely come back in the future.

SOW, I want to continue that one, so bad. Currently I'm leaning toward rewriting ONStSM and B&B (reread those recently too and I desperately want to fix and clean up a lot of it). And then moving onto SOW and smash through the wall that is encasing that story. I really liked where I was going with it but then I hit this wall and never went back to it.

So a definite yes to ES coming back, but an I hope so on SOW.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics