Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Ch 39 3/24/20

This is the place for you to post any stories of Roswell mixed with mythology or characters from another universe, like Buffy or Smallville.

Moderators: Erina, Forum Moderators

pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Ch 37 6/22/15

Post by pandas2001 »

Can't wait for that, though DWD is my favorite I think, I just love your Spike and Liz coupling. It's not something you see in fan fiction. This is the one I keep coming back to and it may take me days to re-read it but I never get bored with it. I wish you had another Spike/Liz story in the works waiting to be written in the future. Even though I love this one and won't stop re-reading it after its done I would love another with them.

I always loved Spike on the show even when he was a baddie. And Liz was always my fave on Roswell, well Liz and Michael. Liz and Spike seem like a perfect combo, It's never boring with them, even when there is no drama to be had. The conversations you write between the two is always interesting and often amusing.

I re-read DWD in June around your last update and this month seems to be the Charmed Cole/Liz fix re-reads. Though I just finished those today and I might go back to some of your other stories before going back to DWD even though it is tempting me to read it again.
Synera
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Synera »

Love the combat test, and Billie. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Syn
The only easy day was yesterday. - Navy Seal's motto
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Note: Thank you for the great feedback. Well, this did not come out when I thought it would which was 2-3 months ago. Sorry about that guys. Basically these last 4 months have been so busy, we had inventory at the store in August (which takes a couple months of prep work), family issues popped up, then Mom had surgery in September, and then at the end of September my Uncle passed away. Besides all that not fun stuff, these last couple months I’ve spent more time at the beach and with friends than I have all year. And lastly what kept this chapter unfinished were the fighting scenes. There was one huge chunk in the middle that was giving me grief. Then when I smoothed those out I had a huge road block with the last chunk. I rewrote the last scene at least 4 times because I’d write it up, like it as I was writing it, as soon as I went to type it up, I didn’t like it and figured out a way to (I think) make it better. Lastly (I promise) this is a long chapter, long for me anyway. When I first started working on the chapter I figured it wouldn’t be too long and I could deal with the tests and the end fight fairly quickly. Yeah…no. Apparently the characters had a lot to say and do and making it my typical 3-5 page chapter wasn’t happening. Hope everyone enjoys. I loved writing this chapter despite all the issues. Sorry again for taking so long to post it.

Chapter 38

May 6, 2001 1:00 p.m.

Wesley and the others came back to the group. “The pairings are decided. However since there are an uneven number of girls, a slight change is in this round.” Confusion and curiosity stared back at him. He stepped aside and let Buffy tell the Potentials what was to come.

With her arms crossed Buffy simply stated. “I’m going to spar with one of you for this round and possibly future rounds.”

There was surprise when Buffy made her announcement. Out of the corner of her eye Liz spotted Kennedy preening. So sure of herself that she would be called on to fight against Buffy. So sure of her skill that she would be triumphant over a veteran slayer. Liz would actually look forward to see what the outcome would be…as if she didn’t already know. She had no doubt that Buffy would beat the girl and Liz wished to see Kennedy taken down a few pegs.

“Is that fair Giles?” Willow questioned from the sidelines. She and the non-Potential Sunnydale team, along with the rest of Angel’s team had taken positions up on the second floor balcony looking down on the tests from a safe distance.

Giles flicked his gaze up to Willow. “These girls are going to have to go against stronger opponents, especially if one of them is a Slayer. It’s not fair but being a Slayer never is fair.”

“The teams are as follows,” Wesley picked up his journal where he wrote down the pairings. “Kukumo against Sheryl; Liz against Almira; Yara against Hiroko; Melissa against Billie;” Wesley saw Kennedy stand up straighter, “Kennedy against Rona;” instantly the girl deflated a bit but shook it off quickly. “And lastly Jordis against Buffy.”

Jordis, a Potential from Norway, winced painfully. “Not exactly what I was looking forward to.” She mumbled but started stretching out her legs and arms.

“Do you think that’ll help?” Dakota, a Native American from Montana and Jordis’s best friend out of all the girls, asked.

Jordis shrugged. “What? It’ll help me last longer.”

Dakota laughed. “Yea, maybe five seconds longer.”

“Shut up.” She gently pushed Dakota away and continued with her stretches.

As with the previous two rounds the girls took their positions and sparred for nearly fifteen minutes. Well, only Kukumo and Sheryl went for the whole fifteen minutes, some of the others slowly bowed out when they reached the point of too much.

At the end, Liz outlasted Almira, Kennedy outlasted Rona, Hiroko beat Yara, and Billie beat Melissa. While Buffy easily took Jordis down, even though Buffy wasn’t fighting as hard as she would against a foe.

While waiting for next rounds, Liz took the open spot next to Spike. “You’re doing great luv.” Spike rumbled in her ear. When Liz didn’t answer he asked, “Are you ok? Did that one hurt you last round?” Spike studied Liz, than glanced angrily over at Almira. He hadn’t seen anything hugely alarming. Liz had held her own fine, more than fine, to be honest.

“Yea, yea. I’m fine.” Liz promised, smoothing a hand down Spike’s chest. “It’s just, I’m not even tired.” She whispered, not wanting anyone to overhear. “I see some of the others, even the ones that moved on, they’re winded. My heart rate, it’s faster yes, but shouldn’t I be feeling some kind of fatigue?”

Spike pulled her close, they faced each other, while leaning one side of their bodies against the front lobby counter. “Slayers can last longer in general before they start to feel tired, it’s part of their makeup. The Slayers I’ve fought before, they weren’t winded for a long while.” He said slowly, realizing why she wouldn’t want that confirmation.

Liz licked her lips and nodded with quiet acceptance. “I was afraid of that.” Now, did this small fact mean she was the next Slayer? No. But it certainly didn’t give her any hope that she wasn’t a Slayer.

Spike cradled Liz against him. Despite the warm room, Spike still wore his trench coat and Liz wrapped her arms around his waist and behind his back. She laid her head on his chest, forgetting the room and the people around them. The coolness from his body kept her from being too warm in his arms and under his jacket.

“No matter what happens, you won’t be alone.” Spike whispered, comforting her.

Liz relaxed a bit at that. Being a Slayer, traditionally, meant that the Slayer killed vampires. It was in the job description. Dating a vampire wasn’t exactly traditional. Although, she snuck a glance toward Angel and Buffy, it didn’t seem to stop some Slayers.

The two ever since being back from Sunnydale had been more inseparable than usual. If that were possible. She wondered what happened between them in their former town. They were already pretty attached at the hip before they left, she didn’t think they could get any closer.

Although everyone expected to continue the tests Giles instead told them. “All right everyone. We’ll break for lunch. Be back here in one hour.”

Dakota gently tapped Jordis with her shoulder. “So, how was sparring with Buffy?”

“Painful.” She rubbed at her lower leg. The lower leg that Buffy swiped out from under her making her fall on her back hard. “But I held my own.” She shrugged.

“Yea, for about ten seconds.” Dakota and Jordis’s voice faded as they made their way to the kitchen.

“You don’t suppose a burger place would be open do you?” Liz asked Fred, who had left the balcony.

Fred shook her head negatively. “Unlikely. The possibility of any business staying open during this permanent darkness is remarkably slim.”

“Damn. I really want a greasy cheeseburger.”

“Actually the Happy Burger down the street is still open. Florescent lights blazing and everything.” Xander piped up. “Went there this morning.”

“You had a burger for breakfast Xan?” Willow admonished playfully as she walked passed.

“What?” Xander shouted behind her as he followed.

Liz smiled watching the friends head toward the kitchen with almost everyone else. She, Maria, and Alex were like that once. Alex was still there for her, she called him a couple times a week since arriving in LA, but Maria was lost to her. Liz didn’t know when the betrayal would stop hurting but she didn’t imagine it would be any time soon.

“So? Happy Burger then?” Spike took her hand and guided her to the Hyperion front doors.

“Happy Burger.” Liz confirmed. Hand in hand they left the hotel and walked the few hundred feet toward the open establishment. Not many would brave the constant night but Liz was grateful the owner had the courage to serve burgers no matter the crisis outside.

Hyperion; 2:25 p.m.

With their lunch break over everyone had gathered back in the lobby. In the next round there were an even number of girls, so Buffy didn’t have to spar with the odd girl out. Hiroko and Liz were paired together, Billie with Kukumo, and Kennedy was with Sheryl.

Liz rolled her neck a little, more to not be standing still, than a real need to stretch out the muscles. Giles yelled ‘Go!’ and the six girls were off.

The round wasn’t as long as the others. Liz took out Hiroko within the first three minutes. Hiroko miscalculated a kick and gave Liz the perfect opening to catch her leg, punch her in the face; not hard but still with some power, and flip her onto her back. Hiroko landed hard and the wind was knocked out of her lungs. She shook her head when Liz went back into a fighting stance, anticipating her to jump back up.

Although Liz didn’t believe she was faking defeat, she didn’t help Hiroko up until she gave the signal that yes, she was tapping out. Once that was established Liz helped her to her feet and made sure she got to a chair so she could catch her breath.

Kennedy and Sheryl went on for another two minutes after. She was disappointed to see Kennedy be victorious against the other twin. While Billie and Kukumo went the full ten minutes with neither bowing out.

At the end there were four Potentials left standing. Liz returned to the empty space next to Spike. People were keeping their distance from him. “If I make it passed this round and if Kennedy makes it passed too we’re going to have to fight each other.” She told Spike.

“And, you’ll kick her arrogant ass.” Spike confidently believed.

“Maybe but Kennedy won’t hold back. She doesn’t hate the other girls and yet she’s still not pulling her punches as much as she should for this challenge. If we’re against each other in the final round, I can’t hold back.”

“Don’t.” He simply stated.

“Right out of the gate, just start fighting?” She questioned.

“No, wait till she does something that can clearly be seen as not holding back. Then let her have it.” Spike explained.

Liz exhaled and nodded. “What about you? Are you going to be ok staying out of this?”

Spike remained silent, not taking his eyes from hers. Every instinct he had was prodding him to snap Kennedy’s neck before she had the opportunity to do any harm to his mate and the precious babe growing inside her. However the fire and determination and concern in Liz’s gaze gave him the control to nod. His jaw tight and frustrated but his eyes showed understanding. “I won’t like it but I won’t step in unless I see no other choice.”

“Thank you.” She quietly smiled and brushed a kiss across his lips.

Meanwhile the two watchers, vampire, and Slayer were having a discussion similar to Spike and Liz’s.

“We can keep the two separated for this round but if they both continue on, Kennedy might be a problem.” Giles worried about Kennedy’s lack of control. It had happened before, Slayers weren’t all moral and decent people. Faith had a skewed compass in the beginning but she proved later in life to show remorse and maturity. He had a hunch Kennedy would be far more dangerous than Faith ever was.

Some people took righteousness to the extreme. Anything or anyone not conforming to their view of the world must either be forced to comply with their belief or be destroyed. She couldn’t see passed her code of right and wrong. The world was much greyer than that. A lesson he himself was learning every day.

“Liz can handle her own. My only worry is Spike. If he sees her getting hurt, there’s only one thing to do. Kill Kennedy.” Angel knew what Spike felt, knew that his grandchilde found his mate. Spike would protect Liz till he was ash.

“We can’t allow that.” Giles firmly said. “Willow is too attached to her. After the tragedy she suffered with Tara, I worry more about what she’ll do.”

Wesley, about to question Giles, stopped, standing stock still. “I think Spike heard you.”

The vampire in question rapidly turned his gaze to Willow. The witch, unaware of the conversation occurring about her, sat with legs dangling over the edge of the second floor railing, laughing at something Xander said.

“We’ll jump off that bridge when we come to it.” Buffy stopped the conversation. “Just in case though, Angel.” She gave him a look, which was all he needed.

“Got it.” Angel moved closer to Spike.

Buffy told the remaining four girls in this test that Liz would be paired against Kukomo. Leaving Billie to fight against Kennedy.

Concerned over Billie getting stuck with Kennedy, Liz made her way over to her. The other Potentials that fought Kennedy were sporting far more bruises and had injuries that the others did not.

“Be careful of her.” Liz warned Billie. “She’s not playing by the rules.”

“I noticed that.” She motioned to Melissa and Rona. Both had black eyes forming and favoring their sides and back. “If she beats me, she’ll be hurting too at the end of it.”

“No doubt.”

“Positions.” Wesley called out and the match was underway. Kukomo didn’t last long, Liz managed to get a sleeper hold on her and she was currently recovering a few feet away. Kennedy, unfortunately beat Billie. But true to her word, Billie left her mark on Kennedy. Her eye was puffy and on its way to being a full-fledged shiner.

“You did well.” Liz stretched out her arm and helped Billie over to a pulled out chair. During the fight Kennedy had hit her low back hard, now she had trouble standing upright as she walked. It would take a day or two to heal properly.

“Not good enough to knock her out.” She admitted sadly. “Looks like you’re going up against her now.”

“Was hoping it wouldn’t come down to us two but I can handle it.” Liz had no doubt that Kennedy would cross the line, just like she had no doubt she’d be able to hold her own.

“So, it’s just you and me? Honestly didn’t think you’d make it this far.” Kennedy sneered.

“Everyone’s full of surprises.” Liz calmly stated as she strode toward the middle of the room; Kennedy was hot on her heels, not wanting it to seem like she was hesitating to fight Liz.

Giles darted his gaze between the two girls. “Remember, this is not an actual combat situation. Full strength will not be tolerated.” Although he meant it more toward one potential over the other, he looked at them both equally.

“Understood.” Liz nodded.

Kennedy only replied. “Of course.”

Glancing back at Wesley, Giles gave him the signal to start.

“All right.” Reluctantly, once the two were in the middle of the lobby, called out. “Go!”

Immediately Kennedy leapt into action. She’d get Liz to bow out quickly. While the pregnant mother had done well against the others, she wouldn’t stand a chance against her. Of that, she was certain.

Liz saw the fist coming at her face a split second before it connected. The first move was expected. She always went directly for the face. Liz firmly, but no more roughly than she’d been with the others, blocked the punch, twisting Kennedy’s arm and barely connecting with her stomach with a leg kick.

Quickly she backed off, giving her a chance to bounce back. Liz knew what would come next, Kennedy, despite being trained before by a Watcher, who should have taught her better, had a predictable fighting style. Go for the face first, if it worked: kick to the back to knock the opponent off balance more, if it didn’t: leg swipe to knock them to the floor.

Sure enough here came the leg which she easily jumped and danced backward on the balls of her feet. Despite being involved in her own hand to hand earlier she kept an eye on Kennedy. Not because she was worried that Kennedy would break away and start fighting her, but Liz realized she’d have to fight her sooner or later. Best to be prepared.

The people around them were dead silent as this final round played out. The only sounds that could be heard were the sounds of fighting and grunts. Even Andrew, who normally would be eating a noisy bag of chips and providing color commentary wasn’t saying a word.

The match had been going on now for a good five minutes. It shocked Liz that so far Kennedy had been playing by the rules. The surprise was enough to make her lower her guard a bit.

It would be a mistake.

Kennedy, seeing Liz lose a bit of tension in waiting for her to attack ruthlessly, went for the jugular. Quickly and with precision she managed to get Liz bent over and slammed a knee into her pregnant stomach.

It was in no way an accident.

Gasps and shouts went through the room. Liz fell to her knees and breathed heavily. She didn’t feel Spike rush up to her, asking in desperation if she was ok, if the baby was ok. She didn’t feel him wrap his arm around her and bring her close, touching her belly gently. She didn’t hear Giles, Fred, and Wesley call out to her. She didn’t see Buffy and Angel get between her and Kennedy. She didn’t see Willow hurry down the stairs to Kennedy’s side and take an almost protective stance in front of her.

The outside world was practically non-existent.

Lifting her shirt she saw a silver handprint. Please be ok. She touched the print and instantly her child’s distress flooded her brain. The hit jolted him but besides being scared and a little jostled, he was all right. She sent back warmth and happiness, it was an odd sensation, sending emotions through an invisible tether but it calmed her baby.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she smiled at Spike. “He’s ok.” She whispered.

Spike kissed her forehead and let out a sigh of relief.

Liz, momentarily, allowed herself to accept the comfort from Spike, relaxing in the relief that overwhelmed her. However, it was soon shaken off and replaced by anger. Motherly, protective anger. That little bitch tried to harm her baby. Liz didn’t think that Kennedy would be so cruel, but she underestimated her. She’d do anything to win, even if it meant exploiting a weakness.

What Kennedy failed to realize though was that her being pregnant was not a weakness. If anything it made her more vicious, more skilled, because she had to be to protect the little life growing inside her.

Rising from Spike’s arms, Liz raised her hand. Blasting between Angel and Buffy, a green electrical beam rammed straight into Willow and Kennedy. The pair were flung back, Kennedy hit the pillar first then Willow slammed into her.

“Get up bitch!” Liz snarled. “We’re finishing this.”

Green sparks traveled up and down Liz’s arm, the warm, slightly painful sensations of the electric power didn’t faze her.

“What—“ Kennedy began.

“How dare you.” Willow practically snarled as she stood up, her eyes black. She began speaking in an ancient tongue. Swirls of purple and black smoke began to curl around the red head.

Annoyed at her interference Liz raised her other hand to blast Willow back again but Willow sent out an electrical charge of her own. This one white and blue. Their different powers met in the middle with a burst of light and the room shook beneath their feet.

“Willow!” Buffy forced her longtime friend to face her, taking her gaze from Liz. “Stop.”

“Stay out of this Buffy.” Willow warned.

“Think about this Willow. You fought so hard to come back from last year. Don’t lose yourself to it again.” Buffy pleaded with her. She didn’t bring up that Kennedy brought Liz’s retaliation on herself, Buffy didn’t think that’d help the situation.

Buffy could see the fight happening in Willow’s head. On the one hand she wanted vengeance for her and her girlfriend for being electrocuted and violently pushed into a pillar. On the other she knew that succumbing to the darkness would unleash a force that would hurt everyone she loved.

It seemed like Willow began to calm. Her eyes flickered from the inky black darkness to the soft grass green, when, like a flash, the black returned. “Don’t care…”

Even before she had the chance to turn around Spike was behind her. He slipped his arm across the witch’s neck, he was very proud of himself, he didn’t snap it like he longed to do. Instead he put pressure against the delicate areas of her neck and cut off her blood circulation. He kept his grip on her until she passed out, hanging limply in his arms.

Soft gasps came from the Potentials, some stepped forward to help their unconscious friend, the others stayed where they were not completely sure whose side was the right one…if there even was a right side.

Glaring at the room Spike, unceremoniously, dropped Willow roughly to the floor not bothering or caring to slow her descent. He had at one point felt affection for the redheaded witch, over the years that affection had changed to mild annoyance and it changed again in that moment when she and Kennedy went after Liz.

“All right, everyone calm down.” Giles shouted. With the potentials gearing for a fight, Spike growling at anyone and everyone who moved an inch toward Liz, and Liz crackling like a firecracker, he needed to defuse the situation. “The test is over.”

“No!” Liz shouted. “She and I are finishing this.”

Giles shook his head while Wesley argued, “That could hurt the baby. It was already a close call.”

“No.” Liz repeated, softer and scarily calm. “I want this done.”

“I won’t go easy on you because you’re pregnant.” Kennedy leaned against the pillar, worried about Willow but focusing on the threat in front of her.

“Don’t worry about that; I won’t be going easy on you either. Your handicap is bigger than mine.” Liz whispered.

“I don’t have a handicap.” Kennedy argued. Liz didn’t say a word only tilting her head in disagreement.

Giles didn’t get the opportunity to talk either girl out of it when Kennedy lunged for Liz. She swung her fists at Liz with unleashed fury. Kennedy connected once to Liz’s face.

While Liz spun around she caught the two other blows and backhanded the attacking potential with such force that Kennedy fell to the ground, her ears ringing. Liz didn’t immediately attack, instead she placed her hand against her stomach. From her hand a green glow came out and wrapped around her midsection. It created a thin barrier around the most precious part of her.

The last few days she’d been practicing, as much as she could, the alien powers she had received from Max saving her that day in the Crashdown. She’d figured out how to shield, an ability she knew she’d need. She couldn’t do it big like she’d seen Max do once but she could protect smaller areas. The band of shield covering her torso wouldn’t impede her movements but it would keep her little one safe from any blows or kicks Kennedy landed.

“Are you going to get up or just lay there like a lump?” Liz coldly prodded.

With a furious growl Kennedy flipped up onto her feet. She couldn’t believe that the hard hit from Liz knocked her so senseless. The quick movement back to a standing position nearly brought her down to her knees again. Her head swam, dizziness made her stomach roll.

“Problem?” Liz smirked.

Kennedy swallowed hard. “No.” She firmly denied.

Smiling slowly Liz snorted. “Good.” Their fighting resumed.

Punches and kicks were volleyed back and forth, neither gaining the upper hand for the first few minutes, until it looked, for a brief moment, that maybe Kennedy would win. She had kicked Liz hard in the center of the chest sending the young woman back into the front desk. Potentials all around stood straighter trying to get a good view of what would come next.

Despite being knocked back, Liz wasn’t knocked out. Bracing her forearms against the front desk she hoisted her lower body up and caught the advancing girl’s neck between her legs. With a twist she flipped Kennedy to the side sending her sprawling roughly to the ground.

Liz didn’t let up, she followed Kennedy to the floor, straddling her stomach and wailed a flurry of punches on her. Kennedy grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled. Liz shouted in pain as the girl beneath her shoved her off her body. Kennedy managed to catch Liz while her back was turned, she kicked Liz again, this time in her back, causing Liz to fall forward onto her knees.

Off in the background Spike growled. Liz held up her hand as she stood from the floor stopping Spike from interfering. She knew he worried but she was fine.

“Need your boyfriend to fight your battles for you? How pathetic.” Kennedy mocked.

Liz only smirked and straightened her spine. “Thought you weren’t going to take it easy on me?” She shot back. “I’ve barely worked up a sweat and that kick was…amateur at best.”

Red flared in Kennedy’s eyes; not actual red, like Willow’s black eye change, but a clearly enraged expression aimed directly at her.

Kennedy didn’t speak again, instead she engaged Liz in hand to hand. Both landed blows and blocked incoming fists, fairly evenly matched in strength and close combat skills. But what Kennedy failed to realize was that Liz had wanted her close, close enough to do true damage. The older girl would pay for targeting her child.

Catching her fists in a hold Spike taught her, Liz now didn’t have to worry about flying punches. Almost as fast as lightning Liz brought her foot up and smashed Kennedy’s knee. Liz let go of her wrists and she crumpled to the floor clutching at her probably broken knee.

During Kennedy’s fight with Billie her knee had been wailed on with a singlemindedness that Liz admired. It was a weakness that Liz had exploited now. Might not be fair but fairness flew out the window a long time ago.

Liz could have backed off then, in fact most of the people gathered around expected her too. Kennedy was down, she had clearly lost. However, a few realized, smartly, it wasn’t over. Not yet. With a scowl on her face Liz stood over the girl tearing up with pain. “You should have kept this animosity between us. Instead you go after my baby and you threaten my love?”

Spike preened on the side lines at Liz calling him ‘her love’. It thrilled and aroused him that she already was claiming possession of him.

Liz quickly grabbed at her shirt bringing them nose to nose. “This is going to be very clichéd but it fits well. I’m not going to kill you. That’d be too good for you. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll probably wish I had.” With only that warning ringing in Kennedy’s ears Liz whipped her head forward. Her hard forehead met the soft cartilage of a whimpering girl’s nose breaking it as easily as she had her knee.

Blood flowed out into her mouth and onto her chin. Liz could hear gurgling at the back of Kennedy’s throat as more blood seeped down. It satisfied her in a way that would scare her later.

Taking her by the throat Liz dragged Kennedy about ten feet before tossing her violently through the double doors leading outside to the back courtyard. The body of the young temporary slayer rolled down the couple steps landing in a heap at the bottom of the stairs.

Kennedy tried to rise up but Liz was right there with a powerful kick to her gut. The force sent her flying the few feet into the large concrete fountain with Liz coming up behind her not allowing Kennedy to catch her breath.

With the battered and beaten girl draped over the wall Liz rammed her knee into Kennedy’s chin twice. She lifted her up and pushed her face into the dirty algae infested water.

“Spike you need to stop her.” Giles finally pleaded with Spike to step in. He hadn’t until then because he felt Kennedy needed a bit of a beating. However, he had to admit, Liz was taking it too far.

“Not seeing the need Rupert.” Spike hadn’t taken his eyes off Liz.

“If she kills Kennedy, it’ll haunt her forever.”

Although Spike believed Liz wouldn’t necessarily be haunted by the death of Kennedy, he knew that she wouldn’t be able to forgive herself if she took a human life. Despite how despicable that human life was. While she said she wouldn’t kill her, he hadn’t seen any signs of Liz relenting, or lifting her opponent out of the water.

Reluctantly he made his way toward his angry mate.

Gently, so as not to surprise her, he carefully pried her delicate yet strong hands away from Kennedy’s neck and pulled her away. “It’s ok luv. You don’t want to do this. Not really.” He pressed his lips to her ear and spoke sweet words to her, helping her calm her anger.

“She’ll keep coming after us.” She stared Kennedy, lying broken and coughing up blood and water. She knew she told Kennedy she wouldn’t kill her but honestly she didn’t see any other way for her family to be safe from her.

“Don’t worry about that. I promised I’d take care of her. Let me deal with it.” Spike flicked his gaze toward the gathered group, he whispered so as not to be heard by them. Angel and Buffy were inside with Willow making sure she was all right, so neither heard his words nor saw his expression. If they had they would have known exactly what the look meant and put a stop to what he planned.

Spike, seeing Liz wasn’t looking at him, tenderly stroked her cheek and turned her gaze to him. “Trust me.”

“I do.” She whispered.

He kissed her forehead, his cool lips touching her heated skin. He then addressed Giles. “Tests are over now.” With that he guided Liz back inside and pass Willow, whose eyes were fluttering open, awakening from the forced sleep. “Make sure Red understands, that she takes her life in her hands if she dares to come at us for this.” Spike warned Angel and Buffy.

Angel simply nodded. Sire and Grandchilde in a rare moment were on the same page. They’d protect their mates. No matter what or who stood in their way.

“We’ll be upstairs.” Spike told them.

“Take care of her.” Angel stated.

“Doesn’t need saying.” With that they retreated to the privacy of Liz’s room where they could be with each other without the interference of the others.

TBC
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Ch 38 10/12/15

Post by pandas2001 »

Holy crap that was so worth the wait!

Though worried that now Willow will be a problem. Will there be a fall out do to the Kennedy/Liz fight?
Kennedy was in the wrong, how could Willow accept her girlfriend purposely trying to harm an unborn child (for the second time - basement when she went to kick her in the stomach despite Liz being pregnant - she'd risk an innocent child just to get out of a hold.) I understand Willow was angry over the electric blast but Kennedy had that coming after what she did.

I know Liz did give her the beat down of her life but I do hope the others will address the fact that Kennedy did purposely endanger the baby's life with that punch. Slayers are about protecting the innocent - that baby is an innocent.

Some would say Liz went overboard but she was going on instinct to protect her family, not exactly thinking rationally. Kennedy in her mind was a serious dangerous threat to her family.
Don't want to mess with the Lioness Liz protecting her family. Wonder if Kennedy learned a lesson or is it gonna take more action to get her in her place.
Curious what Spike has planned for Kennedy.
Synera
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Synera »

pandas2001 wrote:Holy crap that was so worth the wait!

Though worried that now Willow will be a problem. Will there be a fall out do to the Kennedy/Liz fight?
Kennedy was in the wrong, how could Willow accept her girlfriend purposely trying to harm an unborn child (for the second time - basement when she went to kick her in the stomach despite Liz being pregnant - she'd risk an innocent child just to get out of a hold.) I understand Willow was angry over the electric blast but Kennedy had that coming after what she did.

I know Liz did give her the beat down of her life but I do hope the others will address the fact that Kennedy did purposely endanger the baby's life with that punch. Slayers are about protecting the innocent - that baby is an innocent.

Some would say Liz went overboard but she was going on instinct to protect her family, not exactly thinking rationally. Kennedy in her mind was a serious dangerous threat to her family.
Don't want to mess with the Lioness Liz protecting her family. Wonder if Kennedy learned a lesson or is it gonna take more action to get her in her place.
Curious what Spike has planned for Kennedy.
I second pandas2001. Holy cow! That was awesome!
The only easy day was yesterday. - Navy Seal's motto
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pandas2001 »

Hoping for an update soon. Miss this so much!
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pandas2001 »

Would love to see an update for this!
Curious what will happen after that last part.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Note:

Hello all. :mrgreen: Figured it was time for a note. Right now I'm in the middle of working on Teacher's Pet but after that I have ideas written out for the next chapter of Date with Destiny. Don't know when it will be posted but I have a basic (really basic) outline for Ch 39, so when I do start to write I'll have a general idea of where I'm going.

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback. :D

~Dez
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Note 6/27/16

Post by pandas2001 »

Has it really been a year since the last update?

Please come back!
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Date with Destiny (Multi,XO,UC,MATURE) Note 6/27/16

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

panda2001: Unfortunately, yes. :oops: Actually more than a year now. :shock: Hope to get back to this world soon.

Hi,

Not a story update, sorry! But I do have an author's note, I know not as good as an update. :lol:

Author's Note in my Update thread

If it doesn't take you directly to the post then it's on Page 2.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics