Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature) AN 6/20 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Pairing Change?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Stay solely Josef/Liz
42%
Change to Mick/Liz
5%
Change to Mick/Liz/Josef
53%

Total votes: 38

burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature) AN 6/20 [WIP]

Post by burningchaos »

Eclipse
Author: Burningchaos
Pairings: Mick/Beth, Mick/Liz/Josef
Rating: Mature
Fandom: Moonlight/Roswell XO
Spoilers: Season 1 of Moonlight and the entire series of Roswell
Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. Nor do I own the character of "Moonlight". They belong to Ron Koslow, Trevor Munson, and WB. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.
Summary: Still being chased by the F.B.I Liz seeks refuge with a friend of her Grandmother’s after leaving Max.
I need to say Thank you to Darkmoon and KiaraAlexisKlay for the beta and telling me this doesn't suck. *hearts you both*

Chapter1
Liz bushed her hair off her neck, pulled her knee closer to her chest and painted a bright copper stripe of polish on her pinky toenail. She looked at her foot carefully, “There is that better? I can’t believe you insulted my toes.” She looked up and glared.

Mick laughed and held her ice cream in front of him like a shield, it had been a bold move but Liz wasn’t crying anymore, she was still moody, frightened and tired but the tears were gone. “You didn’t have to do them now…”

“Oh, and the with I can’t understand how you left the house in sandals with your feet like that comment and the offer of socks how was I supposed to take it?” Liz watching him take a drink before she continued. “And there had better not be any blood in my ice cream!”

“Are you sure? It might add to the flavor?” Mick slumped onto the couch in a fit of laughter. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d been so relaxed and tense in the same breath. “I’m glad you’re here, Liz, no matter the reason.”

“Yeah, about that….” Liz trailed off as he shoved the ice cream into her hands.

“Vanilla, no blood, now eat.” He wanted to know why she’d shown up oh his doorstep smothered by the scent of fear, why she looked like she hadn’t had a decent night’s sleep in months and why she smelled so different, almost not human anymore, but right now wasn’t the time. “You can tell me later.”

Mick ran a hand over her long dark hair as she curled up next to him. The loss of finding out Fordham wasn’t his faded away. Claudia had given him her family and he’d always be grateful. He’d lost her and he’d never been close to Jeff, something that never bothered him until he’d met Liz and had to deal with the other man’s refusal to let her visit. Underneath all the other scents she carried there was a remnant of Claudia’s. Which meant family. His Family.

Liz savored a spoonful of her favorite flavor and shook her head. “No, you need to know some of it now. I…” she hesitated sorrow and desperation infused each word. “I’m not sure I can stay, I don’t want to expose you to the same danger I am in.”

“Danger?” Mick growled. “What the hell are you into?”

Mick tensed for a moment as the front door opened. “Mick?”

Beth.

Shit.

He forgot about Beth.

He stood up quickly as his lover entered the room, his mind danced around searching for an explanation that wouldn’t snap the tenuous thread their relationship was hanging by.

Liz looked at Mick, she could feel the panic pouring off him, and the blonde who entered. Confusion, jealousy, betrayal…the emotions filled the room bouncing off the walls and skittering back only to slam through her. Damn Max. Plastering a smile on her face Liz stepped forward.

“You must be Beth.” She offered the pale, but pretty blonde her hand. “I’m Liz Parker.” She could she Mick’s startled look out of the corner of her eye.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Beth’s hand was warm and her smile didn’t reach her eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry my hand is so cold I forgot I was eating ice cream.” Beth relaxed as her eyes darted to the half-pint of ‘Ben and Jerry’s’ she was holding.

“I’m sorry, Beth, I should have called.” Mick walked over, kissed her forehead and took her coat.

“I was worried…” Beth relaxed when Mick touched her. Something about Liz bothered her. The way Mick seemed so relaxed around her didn’t help. At least she wasn’t another vampire.

Mick pulled her into a tight, soothing hug. “Oh, Beth, I’m sorry.”

Liz turned away, the raw emotion, the love she could see and feel burned inside her, fueling her own loneliness. Christ, she hated this. The lack of control, the horrible sense of unease at knowing how other people were feeling, and the jealousy Mick and Beth's feelings were creating in her.

“Yeah, that’s my fault too. I should be the one apologizing, not Mick. I sorta just showed up and…” Liz shrugged helplessly.

Beth took in Liz’s bare feet, her bags by the door, and the frayed, overtired appearance combined with her slightly tear stained face, and the need to nurture kicked in. “Are you all right…”She looked over at Mick. “Do you need help?”

“Liz is my…huh…” Mick looked at her helplessly for a moment.

“Mick is my version of a ‘fairy’ godfather.” Liz laughed and flinched as another voice joined hers. She hadn’t sensed anyone coming but with all the tension and emotions in the room she shouldn’t have been surprised.

“A Fairy Godfather?” Josef smirked. “Mick, is there something you forgot to tell us? And who is this delightful young lady?” He sauntered over to her, and around her. “If you tell me she is dessert all is forgiven.”
“Josef!” Mick snarled, he could feel Beth flinch as he pulled away from her but Liz’s arm was already in Josef’s hands.

“Dessert?” Liz snatched her arm away. “How insulting, I am a seven course meal and you, Vampire, are on a liquid diet.” Liz watched him carefully, at first she felt nothing from him. but then a few seconds before he tossed his head back and laughed it swept through her…amusement and admiration.

“Spirit I like that.” Josef turned toward his friend, resisted the urge to demand more information about the enticing creature taunting him and instead taunted the man he considered his best friend. “Mick, where do you meet all these wonderful humans and do they all know who you are?

“I knew Liz’s grandmother when we were children.” Mick smiled at the memory even though his eyes were still trained on his friend and Liz. The one curse and blessing about Vampirism is an enhanced sense of smell, and right now he was getting entirely too much information from Josef. Information that made him want to drag Liz upstairs, lock her in a room and beat Josef into submission. Liz was off limits while she was here…hell period.

“You knew her grandmother?” Beth’s curiosity always won out, the random thought in the back of her mind told her that was why she was always in danger. Beth watched all three sets of eyes turn toward her, and for some reason she felt as if she were the only human in the room.

“More than that, I think grandma had a crush on him.” Liz smiled mischievously; this was the much needed opportunity to diffuse the tension between the two vampires in the room.

Sound filled the room, from Mick’s sharp bark of disbelief to Josef’s full blown head thrown back laugh to Beth’s amused chuckle her mission was accomplished. It was exactly as she planned but it left her feeling dirty and as her mood swung darkly she could see the focus of the room shifting. Liz struggled for control and found it becoming evermore elusive.

She staggered back slightly and suddenly found two sets of hands supporting her. She could see and feel Mick and Josef’s concern heavily mixed with confusion as they moved her toward the couch.

“I think I need a nap.”
Last edited by burningchaos on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 32 times in total.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature) Chapter 2

Post by burningchaos »

vampyrolover86, PeytonLeigh
Darkmoon, December
garcia88, SnowyOwl-17
Ansleyrocks, Mrsjbehr
Ellie, jamy21
And KiaraAlexisKlay

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I hope you continue to enjoy this.

Eclipse
Pairings: Liz/Josef, Mick/Beth
Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. Nor do I own the character of "Moonlight". They belong to Ron Koslow, Trevor Munson, and WB. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.
Summary: Still being chased by the F.B.I Liz seeks refuge with a friend of her Grandmother’s after leaving Max.

I need to say Thank you to Darkmoon and KiaraAlexisKlay for the beta and telling me this doesn't suck. *hearts you both*

Notes: I couldn’t find any plans for Mick’s house, so other then what I have seen I am making up as I go along. If you know where I can find something more specific or a complete layout of it I would be grateful. This takes place after 1x15 in Moonlight, so there will be spoilers up to that episode.

Chapter 2

“Liz, hey…Come on sweetie, let’s get you into bed.” Mick gently picked her up and started up the stairs. Halfway up, he looked at Beth over his shoulder, “I could use a hand.”

Dropping her bag on the couch Beth quickly followed him. “Where are you going to…” her voice trailed off as she noticed the changes in Mick’s room.

He’d bought a bed. Beth quelled her excitement, it was completely inappropriate especially when Mick was carrying another woman to it, even if she was sick.

Beth laid a hand on his arm before moving to pull back the soft, sweet smelling linens.

Mick could hear Josef slowly coming up the stairs; he was as curious as Beth but managed to hide it better. Hundreds of years of practice would do that.

He ignored his friend and blocked out Beth’s questioning gaze while he settled Liz on to the unused bed. He’d planned on Beth seeing the changes he had made to the room tonight, just not this way. Not to mention in front of Josef or with Liz here now.

Worry threaded a jagged path through him.

Liz.

Being who he was, and what he was, danger was par for course. It wasn’t for Liz, or it wasn’t supposed to be. He knew, he knew with every instinct he strived to hone to perfection that Liz’s being here, right now, was as dangerous for him as it was her.

“Well, Mick, this is certainly different. Now that she is sleeping you can explain; exactly who this young woman is, why she is here, and how come she smells so different.” Josef frowned as he spoke. There wasn’t a single thing about this situation he liked, no wait, he did like Liz’s spirit and beauty but that wasn’t enough to deter him. “I am sure that Beth is as interested in these answers as I am.” He turned abruptly and walked downstairs.

Beth’s face was pale as she leaned over Liz; the light in the room only enhanced the pale smudges of concern under her eyes. She lay her hand on Liz’s forehead in such a fundamentally maternal manner that his heart clenched painfully at the sight. “She’s running a fever. Did she… She didn’t have one when she arrived, did she?”

“No.” Mick headed into the bathroom and returned with a cool wash cloth. “She had a long trip though, and maybe…”Mick shrugged, “Could be overtired?” The edge of the bed dipped under his weight, he reached up and brushed Liz’s hair from her brow before placing the cloth gently there.

“There’s nothing we can do till she wakes up.” Beth hated the way this was making her feel. The instant jealousy that rapidly turned into concern had her walking a very fine line between losing it and...Well, losing it in a very bad way.

Mick stood and pulled the covers up just a bit more. He felt helpless; it was a feeling that he hated with unmitigated passion. Leaving Liz even to walk downstairs bothered him. “Come on, Josef hates waiting.”

Josef walked to the fridge and poured two glasses of blood and one of wine. Something about Liz bothered him. He didn’t know what it was and was damned sure going to find out. Watching her on that bed, unmoving and so very fragilely human had been too much. He’d had to leave the room just to overcome the almost primal need to take care of her himself.

Even Sarah hadn’t evoked such a fierce reaction.

He wanted answers… No, needed them and until Mick was more forthcoming about the girl he knew he wouldn’t get them. Overhead he heard Mick and Beth start toward the stairs, placed their glasses on the table, went to sit, forcing the calm, serene mask he daily wore into place and waited. He hated waiting.

The tension in the living room was heavy in the air. Beth smiling gratefully at Josef as she took a fortifying sip of her wine the instant she sat. It wasn’t nearly enough. Because the tension increased tenfold the second Mick picked up his glass quickly drained it and started to pace.

Stopping abruptly he sat on the arm of his couch. “Liz already told you I am her ‘godfather’, and I told you I knew her grandmother.” Mick smiled as he thought about the vibrant stunningly intelligent women he’d known.

“Claudia was beautiful, but it wasn’t just skin deep. Yes, she was physically beautiful but it was her spirit, and her intelligence,” Mick struggled to find the words to describe her. “She was stubborn, always knew what she wanted and let nothing stop her. Liz is so much like her.”

“That’s wonderful, but I don’t have all night so get to the point will you.” Josef drained his glass and set it aside.

“Fine. Claudia was eleven years younger then me, our mother’s were best friends, they lived about four houses down and from the minute she could walk she followed me everywhere.” Mick stared at Josef as he spoke. He hated being pushed, Josef knew it and it was his petty little treat to pull out when ever he was pissed. “When our mother’s found work I watched her after school. I didn’t see her much after I came back from Italy. When I’d left Lilah I ran into her again and it was just like before. We stopped spending time together when I’d met Coraline.” Mick shrugged. “I should have listened to her, she’d thought Coraline was trouble but I was in love, and after...well she helped me pick up a few of the pieces.”

“But how did she find out?” Beth spoke for the first time since they sat down. He could tell she was jealous, again. But to be fair she’d been confronted with two very important women in his past, Lilah and Coraline, and he’d been in love with both of them. Now with Claudia so closely on their heels...

“Claudia figured out on her own and I wasn’t about to lie to her. She was and always had been a good friend, I was never in love with her but I did love her.”

“Oh that is so sweet, you and you penchant for mortals.” Josef smirked at Beth, “Present Company excluded, of course. But that still doesn’t answer why she is here and her scent.”

“You asked, I am answering as best I can; now shut up or leave.” Mick snarled. There were times his best friend, the man he considered his brother destroyed every last nerve he had. He saw Beth raise her glass to cover a slight smile. As much as she liked Josef there were times he drove her nuts too.

Josef leaned back, “Carry on then. I have dinner waiting on me at home.”

“After Claudia died Liz started to write me. Apparently on her last visit to see her son, Jeff, and Liz she told her about me. Jeff despised the mere thought of me and if he’d known we were writing he would have forbidden it, but I had told Claudia and then Liz I would always be there for her family if they needed me. I don’t know why Liz is here though, last time I knew she’d disappeared. No one knew where she was and before you ask again I have no idea why she smells the way she does.”

“You couldn’t find her?” Beth was stunned. “Was she kidnapped?” Once more concern washed through her. She personally knew the fear that accompanied that, if it hadn’t been for Mick finding her as a child…well who knew what Coraline might have done.

“Well as interesting as this has been I am leaving, my sub zero is calling and as I said dinner is waiting.” Josef stood and started toward the door. “When she wakes up I want to know what is going on in explicit detail.” He opened the door then grinned over his shoulder. “You kids behave. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t.”

Also check out the banner/manip I made on the first page. I am still very new at manips but I am rather proud of it.
Last edited by burningchaos on Wed May 28, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature), Chapter 3, pg 3 5-31-08

Post by burningchaos »

Eclipse
I need to say Thank you to <lj user="Darkmoon"> and KiaraAlexisKlay for the beta and telling me this doesn't suck. *hearts you both*

Moonlight text is in italics, transcripts are located at http://www.moonlight-love.com. It comes from the episode 1x03, Dr. Feelgood. No copy write infringement intended.

Chapter 3

Beth hated how small she felt right now. Mick had lied to her, almost right from the start. That warm flutter his trust had created dredged up the memory of it’s birth as it died.

”Hey.”
“Mick. Do you wanna come in?”
“No. I mean...you wanna know how I became a vampire?”
“Yes.”
“Okay. I told you I was married, right? “
“Uh-huh.”
“Well, she was a vampire. I didn't know. And on our wedding night, she turned me. I went to bed a happily married man and I woke up a monster.”
“You're not a monster.”
“Believe me, I was.”
“You must find it hard to trust anyone now.”
“You asked me if I trusted you. You're the first human that I've told any of this to, about who I am or what I am. So yeah, I trust you.”

It had been too easy. She knew she wasn’t an idiot, but right now, in this situation, she had never felt like more like one.

“You lied to me.” She instantly hated how her voice sounded: small, weak, unsteady.

Mick turned back toward her and shook his head in confusion.

“Huh?” In retrospect he would have liked to say he knew better then to do that but right now there was so much going on he honestly didn’t take the time to think.

“You lied to me.” Betrayal infused every word. “Claudia knew you secret, and she was defiantly human. The proof of that is upstairs sleeping in your room.” She slid her jacket on, grabbed her purse and started toward the door.

Mick was dumbfounded. Tonight and everything that had already been unexpected, but this was the last straw.

“Beth, I didn’t mean to keep this from you. It wasn’t something I would have gone into with you at that point in our relationship.” He winced at the pinched and pale expression on her face.

“I said I never told Claudia. She was a dear friend, a little sister to be exact and as I said she was clever enough to figure it out on her own.” Mick was frustrated and sick of having to defend his life to Beth every time she had an issue with his past.
“Look, I don’t want to fight over this, but if it bothers you that much maybe we should take a break until you figure out if you can deal with my past.” He didn’t want to do this but she was leaving him with no choice, at least not any he could see.

Beth nodded grimly.

“You’re right. I’ll call you if I do.” With that she turned and walked out the door and Mick desperately hoped it wasn’t for the last time.

He stumbled back toward the couch, his heart, had it been beating would have burst from his chest. As it was, he was fighting every instinct that told him to chase after her and this whole incident. But he couldn’t, because as much as he loved her, he could live without the lack of trust and jealousy.

Especially since he wanted to look for Coraline; she saved him and he owed it to her.
It was no where near daybreak but he was already exhausted. He still had Liz to worry about; her reasons for being here, and why she smelled ‘wrong’. She wasn’t a vamp that would have been obvious to both him and Josef, but she defiantly not entirely human. It was the only explanation and it made absolutely no sense.

Introspection and speculation only led to brooding and he didn’t want to end up like a television cliché. Besides he had a ‘granddaughter’- Mick instantly decided to never use that word again in reference to Liz to check on.

Mick grabbed some ice water so he could try to bring her fever down, if she still had it, and headed upstairs. He paused in the doorway as he saw her tossing and turning, her obvious distress had him rushing to her bedside.

Liz’s forehead was beaded with sweat, the linens twisted around her body, and she was whimpering softly. Leaning down he wiped her face off and he dried the tears leaking from the corners of her eyes as she as she whispered the name ‘Max’ several times. Not knowing what to do he tried to rouse her and make her drink the water, but in the end he ended up using it to wipe down her arms and neck.

He pulled a chair closer to the bed and sat up with her as long as he could but eventually, he had to go rest. Thankfully her fever had disappeared, but he couldn’t help wishing he could stay awake longer.

Walking back downstairs he left a note on the refrigerator letting Liz know the numbers of several local restaurants that delivered should she wake up while he was asleep, and went to ‘bed’.

Liz sat up in bed, instantly awake. A moment of disorientation was quickly pushed away as she remembered where she was. She was safe here; Mick would hide her, at least temporarily after she told him the kind of trouble she was in... Until she figured out her next move.

Wincing at her sweat dampened clothes she was wearing; she immediately decided to take a shower. Liz slowly moved off the bed, her ‘episodes were always painful, but after being around so many people while traveling it was inevitable, especially when her powers were shifting and becoming stronger. It always left her weak plus it caused her to become susceptible to fevers, chills, nausea and vertigo.

A quick glance around the room had her finding her bag and moments later the bathroom.

She stopped in the doorway when she saw the shower.

“Nice”.

The size of the shower had her feeling decadent after spending so much time on the road with Max and the others. Camp grounds and cheap hotel shower weren’t exactly a way to relax.

Over an hour later Liz felt better then she had in months, except the gnawing sensation of her stomach greeting her spine. A quick mental calculation made her realize she hadn’t eaten since breakfast yesterday.

Downstairs she headed toward the kitchen then remembered Mick didn’t eat food and almost cried. Liz moved over to the fridge to do a desperate search incase he had something for Beth lurking in there when she saw a note with takeout numbers and money clipped there.

Warmth flooded through her. She hadn’t had someone take care of her, even in such a small way, since she left home. Coming to Mick was the right decision; he was the only family she could trust, not to mention how much she had missed him. Being with him; feeling the love and concern emanating from him, made her feel like she was home.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature), Chapter 4, pg 4 6-09-08

Post by burningchaos »

Eclipse

Dialogue from Roswell Episodes…1.00 - The Pilot, 1.03 - Leaving Normal, 3-12 - Ch-Ch-Changes and Moonlight Episodes…1.12 - The Mortal Cure and 1.13 - Fated to Pretend

Moonlight and Roswell text is in italics, transcripts are located at Moonlight Love and the Roswell transcripts are at The Crashdown

Chapter 4

Liz curled up on the couch; her carton of Kung Pao Chicken and Noodles was three-quarters of the way empty. She had already decimated her Hot and Sour Soup. Closing her eyes she rested a hand on her stomach and her head on the back of the couch.

Being here, the way she felt right now, was decadent. A quite, unhurried meal, a place where you felt completely safe, a long hot shower... to her those were luxuries. After almost three years on the run she had quickly learned that.

In the two weeks it had taken to arrive; two long, hard nervous weeks of making sure she wasn’t followed, she had a singular goal.

Mick.

Except now that she was here her focus was gone. She needed to know what her next move was; if she could stay here or if Mick could find a way to help her.

She was so tired. Liz fought to stay awake but it was all in vain. The harder she fought the faster she fell.

Mick quietly walked out to the kitchen. He could hear the steady rhythm of Liz’s heart as she slept peacefully on the couch. He wasn’t sure what to expect this morning so the mere fact that she was downstairs had him more then a little relieved.

He paused by the counter and looked at her for a moment. He’d been so stunned and in turn worried when she arrived yesterday, that he hadn’t noticed how pale she was or the purple/blue smudges under her eyes. Or how thin she was, he could see blue-green veins under her skin. Her dark hair was still long but pinned up, it only emphasized how young and fragile she looked.

She drew out his fiercest feelings; the need to protect being the most prevalent, much as it had been with Claudia.

Not wanting to wake her yet he walked quietly to the fridge, pulled out a pitcher of A-positive and drank his breakfast. The now-all-too frequent longing for orange juice hit him again, just as it had every morning since he’d had Josef re-turn him.

He wanted to be a human again. With Beth or without; she’d never been the catalyst that caused his longing for humanity, he’d wanted that back the second it was stolen from him. However, she had given him hope for a ‘normal’ life once it happened, and for the all-too-brief period he was.

Mick smiled sadly, he might have lost her but maybe this was good too. He could never turn her and if he couldn’t duplicate the compound that Coraline had used on him he would have had to watch her grow old and die. That thought brought a fresh wave of a grief he had thought long gone. Since Liz had arrived he’d missed Claudia more and more.

Mick glanced at the time and washed out his glass. He hated to do it but he had to wake Liz and find out what was going on. If he didn’t Josef would soon be on his doorstep and he was not thrilled with the way his friend had looked at her last night.

Reluctant as he was to wake her it had to been done and somehow he knew that just as when he was turned, what ever Liz told him would once again change his life forever. That wasn’t something he was ready for either.

He walked toward the couch reached out to gently touched Liz’s shoulder and the second his skin came into contact with hers a sick green energy lept off her, surrounded him and flung him against the wall.

Josef smiled wickedly as the petite red head waked toward him. She was new, and truthfully he preferred brunettes, but beautiful and so willing he could taste her surrender in the air as she moved closer. It was delicious how she was trying to be coy and demanding at the same time by stopping in the middle of the room as if he would demean himself by meeting her halfway.

Freshies always wanted this as much as he did, more so in some ways; because for him this was life, food, pleasure, and for them it was about being needed, feeling desired by a rich, powerful man. It was about letting themselves surrender to him.

She began moving toward him once she realized he wasn’t coming any closer; her gait slow and measured, head tilted slightly, lips parted just enough so he could see the tip of her tongue pressed against her lower lip. A pale arm reached out to him, her skin was so pale she could have passed for a vampire; he captured her wrist and brought it to his nose.

He could feel the steady, rhythmic beating of her heart, smell the heady scent of her B negative washed over him. He dragged his lips over the skin of her forearm, he felt her shiver. That was what he had been waiting for. Josef smiled before he bit her. Her soft gasp of shock turned into a low moan and he began to drink.

He loved being a Vampire.

Liz jolted awake the second Mick touched, but it had already been too late to try and reign in her ever fluctuating powers. Horror flowed through her as he flew across the room and she quickly scrambled after. His body hit the wall with a sick thud and she knew that if he been human he’d been on his way to the emergency room, or possibly the morgue.

“Mick!” Liz screamed futilely, and rushed to his side. Without thinking she grabbed his wrist and she had to remind herself Mick was a Vampire so therefore the lack of pulse wasn’t a bad thing.

She pulled him away from the wall, winced when she saw the blood smeared where his head had been, and fuck she didn’t know what to do. She hated feeling helpless.

Healing him was a possibility, her healing was weak at best and he was already dead, so it was a moot thought…Liz pulled his head onto her lap, frantically patted Mick’s cheek and repeated his name but still nothing happened.

Blood… maybe he needed blood, she gently started to shift his head when her world shifted…

Hunger, Pain, Loneliness, Guilt…

Liz was trapped, there wasn’t even a chance to resist, Mick’s memories over took her…

Oh, my God, what happened to your face?

It's a long story that ended in a big fight. Coraline's gone.

Oh.

It's not meant to be. Never was.

Yeah, I... I kinda know how that feels. Wait a second. Are you human?

For now, yeah.

How does it feel?

The pain, the sun, the mortality. It feels amazing.

Beth, there was so much pain/love/hope/destruction attached to her and everything changed…

You were right. I can’t save Beth as a human. But I can save her as a vampire. You have to turn me back.

Woah, you hold on. This is not-

You have to turn me back. Right now.

Mick, you’re human again. After all you went through to get the cure, you’re gonna give it up this easy?

You think this is easy for me? This is not easy, okay? I don’t have a choice.

What you’re asking me to do-

Listen to me! Alright! He has Beth. He has my Beth. So, please. Please, brother.

Mick… Forgive me.

Liz shuddered as she watched, and felt, Josef re-turn Mick. She could feel his body die, his hope, his desperation and need…all centered on Beth. There was also guilt, asking this of Josef the pain that he put on his best friend’s face and in his heart ate at him.
Mick couldn’t move…from the second he’d touched Liz his mind had been a riot of pain, emotions and images that weren’t his.

Liz tumbling to the floor, bleeding, dying and a boy, Max, healing her.

He groaned as the images shifted again…Claudia…

Well, not every relationship has to be the be-all and end-all.

Right....it doesn't?

No...everybody wants to find her soul mate, but there's so much time for that. I think it's nice that you have somebody you can have fun with.

What if there was something else?

Something else?

Someone else.

Now, this is worth the price of the airfare.

What if this someone else could potentially be...you know, what you said.

Is there?

But what if were like complicated...like incredibly, incredibly complicated?

Well, one thing I can tell you....if it isn't complicated, he probably isn't a soul mate.

His brain was on fire…she was older now but still with the boy, Max, the one who healed her…

You okay?

Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. I, um, I just think this flu is hitting me. Um, I should go home and get into bed.

Mick sees Liz lean on one of her books and that immediately catches on fire.

I didn't do that.

I did.

It's not possible.

Yes, it is. You healed me and now I'm different.

She was in so much pain….there were other images, her and a group of others in a van. Running, hiding, he could taste her fear.
Liz managed to drag herself away and the instant she stopped touching him everything… shifted…her mind was her own again but filled with so many new things, so much she didn’t want to know, and yet, she now had something to offer Mick. If he truly still wanted to be human she would help him.

Mick groaned and rolled until he was sitting.

He knew where Liz had been, what she had been doing and why she was here, with him.
Last edited by burningchaos on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature), Chapter 5, pg 5, 6-16-08

Post by burningchaos »

Eclipse

I know this chapter is terribly short, but when I finished it it seemed wrong to add anything else too it. I promise my next chapter will be much longer. And I know it seems that way but this will NOT have Liz/Mick in any other then a familial capacity. She makes him more human.

Chapter 5

Liz scooted back against the wall as Mick watched her warily. She was still his Liz, but now there was an unknown factor, an added danger that he needed to assess and factor into their relationship.

She smiled wanly; turned, slowly waved her hand over the wall and watched Mick’s blood disappear. She could sense his shock and the jumble of other semi-discernable emotions that were pushing against her weakened barriers.

“Well, that’s handy.” Mick tried for blasé but knew he fell short.

“Especially when I decide I don’t like the color of my nail polish.” Liz waved her hand over her toes and changed the copper polish to fire engine red.

Mick laughed and the tension in the room eased to a manageable level.

“So, Aliens are real?”

“So, Vampires are real?” Liz retorted quickly.

“Touché’.” Mick grinned. “But you’ve known that for years. This is new for me so being shocked and dismayed is on par for course.”

Liz smiled. “I reacted pretty much the same way when Max told me.”

“Max? The one that ‘healed’ you?” He couldn’t contain the disbelief in his voice. “Turned you into this?” Mick waved his hand toward her in a helpless gesture. “And what the hell was up with me seeing all that?” He walked over and sat on the floor next to her.

“Well, when Max healed me it changed me, in fact it fundamentally altered my D.N.A., and even my blood looks different. It didn’t at first but over the last six months everything has change.” Liz slid over and rested her head on Mick’s shoulder, sighing aloud when he put his arm around her to pull her closer.

“What’s changed?”

“Max and I stopped talking; he cheated on me with someone I worked with. Maria broke up with Michael then left, Isabel did too, and my powers started changing.” Liz was quite for a second before continuing.

“We were fighting constantly, and when I caught him with my co-worker I lost control, something that hadn’t happened in over a year. People saw and we had to run, but it was too late. The ‘Special Unit’ or what ever it is called now, was able to track us again. “

“The Special Unit?” Mick interrupted. He’d never heard of it before and honestly didn’t like the sound of it, despite the innocuous name.

“Yeah, they are ‘Alien hunters’. They captured and held Max for two days, tortured him, ran tests on him if they caught me it would be much worse.” Liz paled as she thought about it. “I used to be human.”

Mick briefly wondered what they would do if they learned about Vampires and decided not to think about to hard at this exact moment. Definitely later though, vampires used to be human too.

“Two and a half weeks ago Kyle was picking me up from work because Max and I weren’t speaking when we almost walked into a trap. We had to run. I don’t know where the others are or even if they are alright and I lost Kyle too.” Liz’s eyes burned and her voice broke. “I lost Kyle in some shit ass town in Kentucky trying to get here.”

She started to sob loudly. “I lost him and I never told him about you, or where we were going. He trusted me, I told him I would get us somewhere safe and I lost him.”

“Fuck!” Mick pulled Liz on to his lap, rubbed her back and petted her hair. “I’ll find him, Liz.” He wanted to find these men, the ones chasing ‘his’ girl, the ones who were breaking her and kill them. He also wanted to find Max and have a conversation about fidelity before breaking a few limbs. “I don’t care what it takes, or how long I’ll find him.”

“Mick, I don’t know where to go from here. What to do?” Liz sniffed, pulled away and stood up.

“What do you mean where to go?” Mick jumped to his feet and swore. “You’re not going anywhere. This is your home now.” He walked over and shoved a finger in her face. “No more running, no more hiding. This is your final stop.”

“Yes, Dad,” Liz monotoned. Michael had schooled her well, and right now she wanted nothing more then to believe that she would never have to run again.

Mick shook his finger at her again. “That’s not funny.”
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature), Chapter 5, pg5 6-16-08

Post by burningchaos »

I am running a poll, because despite the fact I know where my fic is going my beloved betas are whining…Yes, Whining, that there is entirely to much Mick/Liz and not enough Josef/Liz so this fic should in fact be Mick/Liz. So instead of breaking their hearts I am leaving it up to you. This pole will be open for five days.

Please go Vote.
Last edited by burningchaos on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature) A/N pg6 6-23-08

Post by burningchaos »

My DSL was fixed yesterday, YAY! So I shouldn't, *crosses fingers as I live in the middle of nowhere TN*, have any more connection issues.

You have spoken and I shall comply. Mick/Liz/Josef it is…apparently my betas knew what they were talking about. I have a short transition chapter almost done, but I have to rework my outline and fix a few plot issues the new pairing creates before I can finish a longer one. I will warn you all, I have never written a threesome before. Also I am removing my banner till I can make a new one and editing the summary.

Thank you all for voting. Those who wanted solely Josef and Liz hang on, I had a sequel to this plotted out but I am going to rework that into a standalone fic. It will take awhile, I have three fics I am working on finishing that are not yet posted that I want to finish first.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature) Chapter 6, pg 7 7-02-08

Post by burningchaos »

Eclipse
Pairings: Mick/Beth, Liz/Mick/Josef

I need to say Thank you to Darkmoon and KiaraAlexisKlay for the beta and to Vampyrolover86 for being made of awesome. Also thank you to everyone who voted and for the consistently wonderful feedback. *Smooch*

Chapter 6

Josef watched them in amusement for a moment before giving them a much deserved ovation.

Clap. Clap. Clap.

“Isn’t this heart warming? Well, it would be if I had a heart.” Josef cocked his eyebrow and watched them closely, ; there was guilt, no jerking away just casual, relaxed contact.

He pointedly ignored Liz, and patted Mick on the shoulder as he walked past him. “I assume you have some answers by now.”

“You know ‘she’ has a name.” Liz walked over to Josef and poked him in the chest. “It is Elizabeth Parker-Evans…” Liz trailed off for a moment, and then looked up defiantly, “No, just Elizabeth Claudia Parker.”

“Ah, a woman newly scorned.” Josef nodded sagely. He didn’t see Mick snickering in the corner, or the way Liz’s eyes flashed green when he said it and blithely continued on. “That explains so much.” He turned and smiled at Liz, in what he hoped was a comforting manor manner, then froze when he saw her face.

Pale, stunningly pale, but that wasn’t what had actually driven a sliver of fear into his chest; it was the sick, flickering green lines that resemble electricity covering her, ghosting over her skin.

Every instinct he had was screaming, every fiber of his being burned. He felt himself change in spite of who Liz was. His rational mind knew that this would jeopardize his friendship with Mick, but his rational mind had already lost control. Liz was attacking him despite Mick’s presence, and he was flying across the room.

Josef managed to get his foot on the floor, his dress shoes slipped a bit, and he cursed them, before managing to turn mid-air. He twisted and leapt at Liz.

Mick scrambled, yelled Liz’s name, shoved her out of the way, and in a fluid movement caught Josef and pushed him into the wall.

“Josef! Enough!” He snarled at his best friend, his brother, who gnashed his teeth and snarled back. For a moment Mick thought he was going to have to fight, when a small sob broke through his haze of anger. He turned, saw Liz crumble to the floor and instantly rushed to her.

“Liz?” Mick pulled her into his arms, her body shaking as she sobbed. “It’s alright.”

Josef’s anger instantly deflated, she’d lost control. He understood that, he wasn’t so far removed from those days that he’d forgotten what the aftermath looked like. He didn’t know what she was, and right now he didn’t care. Mick was his best friend, in truth, his only friend, and this girl wasn’t going to come between them.

Josef walked over, and crouched down next to them, rested his hand on her shoulder comfortingly, and did something he very rarely did.

“I’m sorry.” The words left his mouth so rarely they seemed foreign, and he didn’t even want to think about the shit Mick was going to give him later.

Liz unburied her head from Mick’s shoulder, turned and looked at him with red eyes and a tear stained face. “It was my fault…” he pressed a finger to her lips.

“Be that as it may, I provoked you.” He could feel Mick watching him, waiting for him to mess this up. “Forgive me.” The fact that he meant it surprised him, but not as much as Liz sliding off of Mick’s lap to hug him. Her slim arms wound their way around his waist and neck, her face was damp against his shirt and her breath warm on his neck.

He met Mick’s eyes over her head, saw the approval he sought, and carefully hugged her back. Josef knew this girl meant more to Mick then he was letting on, there was attraction, affection, and acceptance. Something Mick needed. This young woman was special, aside from the obvious, and he would need to watch his step.

He wanted her.

He ruthlessly pushed his desire down; this girl wasn’t going to destroy his friendship with Mick.
Last edited by burningchaos on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature) Interlude, pg 8, 07-10-08

Post by burningchaos »

Eclipse
Pairings: Mick/Beth, Liz/Mick/Josef, Beth/Ben

I need to say Thank you to Darkmoon for the beta.

Interlude...

Beth stared at her phone, gnawing on her lip, and wondering if walking away from Mick had been the right decision. It felt right, but she already missed him.

Getting off the couch, and heading to the kitchen she’d decided ice cream was in order. One pint of Chunky Monkey, and a glass of milk always elevated the mood. The mere thought of her favorite comfort food was enough to make her almost smile, and of course her cell would ring.

And of course it wasn’t Mick, but that was how her life seemed to go. “Hi, Ben.”

“Were you busy?”

Beth looked at her pint and the glass she’d been about to fill. “No, just a quite evening at home.”

“So if I said I’d been working till about five seconds ago and was starving but didn’t want to eat alone; would you refuse the plea of a desperate man?”

She couldn’t help but smile. “Desperate, huh?”

“Desperate.”

“Well, then how can I possibly turn you down?” She laughed out loud. “I wouldn’t want to be responsible for you doing something drastic in your state of desperation.”

“Beth, you are the epitome of kindness…I’ll pick you up in ten minutes.”

“Ten?”

“I am already half way to your place, hence the utter desperation.”

“I thought you finished working, ‘like five seconds ago’.”

“The utter desperation, and starvation, has also driven me to speeding.”

“Fine, I’ll be waiting.” Beth laughed again as she shut her phone. She didn’t need to brood over Mick anyways, because she knew he wasn’t even thinking about her.

Due an illness caused by a Bacterial origin, my muse is taking a break. Add in a few other RL issues my poor Muse is slightly comatose. To keep you going, I bring you an Interlude. I am taking a break till the 24th, in which I will have time to allow my body and muse recover (and finished the really gross antibiotics and seen my doctor again). Plus Darkmoon will have come and soothed my soul a little as well. Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you enjoy what I have to offer at this moment.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Eclipse (ML, XO, UC, Mature) Interlude, pg 8, 07-10-08

Post by burningchaos »

Ah, the dreaded Author's note....

So my problems, instead of decreasing during my break, escalated. My heath issue is still up in the air but the least of my concerns as I start to pack up my family, look for a place to live, a lawyer and all the other things involved in a divorce, don't rush to say you are sorry because I am actually feeling really good about that decision. It just means I am rushed, because school also starts here for my boys on the 6th, and just a little overwhelmed by all I need to do.

I do have the next chapter in progress, Darkmoon has seen it, and I am working on it when I have the time. But I also don't want to push it because my muse is feeling a but strangled under the strain. So thank you all for being understanding and patient. I will be back soon. =)