Accepted last names for the Dupes?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Fidomom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Accepted last names for the Dupes?

Post by Fidomom »

Just wondering if there are last names for the Dupes that any fan fic author set as a trend? I know the show didn't give them last names but for any author's who have put them in their stories have any last names been pretty much adopted by most of the fan fic community?

If not just wondering if any one has any suggestions for Ava specifically? Thanks. I've been toying with giving her a name to do with New York City or Apple (adding a suffix and/or using the word for it from another languuage), or going with Roy (short for Royal) ... I don't know. I feel like I'm missing an obvious choice or something since I'm new but I am including her in one of my stories I'm wroiting and I'd like to give her a last name that has zero to do with Tess. So pretty much anything but Harding.

All suggestions appreciated. :) :) :)
~FM :)
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Accepted last names for the Dupes?

Post by DMartinez »

Way late a response. I always pick some really out there name OR go in for a big joke. Using Lockhead in a story right now... cause... BLockhead.
Depends on who in the story is choosing the name. If it's a protector, it's always a joke. If it's self-chosen, always very ordinary and easily mixed up (Smith/Smythe). If it's someone else in the group, it's related to someone or something important (long lost cousins or some surrogate parent's name).
Fidomom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Accepted last names for the Dupes?

Post by Fidomom »

DMartinez wrote:Way late a response. I always pick some really out there name OR go in for a big joke. Using Lockhead in a story right now... cause... BLockhead.
Depends on who in the story is choosing the name. If it's a protector, it's always a joke. If it's self-chosen, always very ordinary and easily mixed up (Smith/Smythe). If it's someone else in the group, it's related to someone or something important (long lost cousins or some surrogate parent's name).

Thanks for answering! I was trying to decide on Ava's last name (for use in any fic in which I include her) and ended up going with the results of a poll I posted on Roswell Heaven. Lang (derived from Kal Langley, similar to how Nasedo chose Ed as his first name) was the winner. I had listed a bunch of contenders (can't recall them all, now) and Lang got the most votes.

I love the idea of joke surnames for them, too, though! That's brilliant! :lol:
~FM :)