Time After Time Challenge

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Blue*Soul
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Blue*Soul »

Kath7 wrote:
Blue*Soul wrote:I'm looking forward to these...

What time periods are left?
All the time periods taken are in the first post. If you want to choose one, you need to make sure that it doesn't overlap.
Drat. The main one i had in mind was indian independence from colonial rule, which was 1947 and its taken. Hmm... I'll have a look and get back to you. But meanwhile, looking forward to reading!
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

Kath7 wrote:Oh, and yes, Stonehenge did play an important role in my OOTW trilogy, but I certainly have no problem with it fitting into an historical context here. :wink:
-I was actually wondering if I could take the years that Stonehenge was built and make a Trilogy of it. Which would be from 3100BC To 1950BC

The First part will be during the first stage which is around 3100BC So I'd like to grab 3120-3000 (Not entirly sure when they'll die yet.)

The Second Part will be during the Second Stage which is around 2150 so I'd like to grab 2170BC To 2120BC

The Third Part will be during the third stage (sensing a trend here lol) which is around 2000BC So I would like to also grab 2020 to 1950 BC
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Luvya, it's hard to say if all those dates would work until The Christmas Nazi decides on her Ancient Greece dates. Maybe you should contact her directly. :D

Kath
Fred
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fred »

Just added a new author . . . Jason's Princess! :D

Still plenty of time periods available. So if you're thinking about joining - don't be shy - we would love to have you. :D
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

I was just reading Kath's excellent Destiny's circle and something that Max said in it struck me. Max was telling Tess that whatever happened in his past life didn't matter because he was a different person now.

So when did Max live on Antar and have this mysterious past life that's alluded to? According to the show he would have di ed around the 1940's earth time so that means he didn't exist as Zan in the time Kath has set her story.

And if each Max that comes back has led the same past life is it the same one?

Why does he love Ava in one fic and not in another?

Is Zan the real Max and Max doesn't really exist?

Why does only Max and Liz get to be soul mates. If Michael and Maria and Isabel and Alex crop up in each others lives over and over again does that not make them soul mates too? so why isn't there something significant in their stories that ties them together. If Rath and Vilandra are also constantly being reborn then are they imporatant too? Or is it only Zan and they're along for the ride?
Banner by Evelyn
Breathless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Breathless »

tequathisy wrote:Why does only Max and Liz get to be soul mates. If Michael and Maria and Isabel and Alex crop up in each others lives over and over again does that not make them soul mates too? so why isn't there something significant in their stories that ties them together. If Rath and Vilandra are also constantly being reborn then are they imporatant too? Or is it only Zan and they're along for the ride?

Maybe I can jump in here and comment on this. The challenge was set up as a Max and Liz centered challenge. The authors can include the other characters - Michael and Maria, Isabel and Alex, etc) if they choose to, or an author can ignore them all together. Some authors may want to portray the supporting characters as "soul mates", or have them with other people, or not have them at all. It's all up to the author how those other characters are fleshed out.

Edited to add: Something I've read before about reincarnation is: A soul "has a connection" to the souls close to them from one life to the next. In other words, your sister in this life might be your father in the next, or a cousin, or a lover. I guess that's why I don't find it surprising that Max and Liz might be bonded soul mates, while the other characters aren't soul mates, yet they still show up from one life to the next. They are interconnected, but not all of them are what you would call "soul mate". On the other hand, if an author in this challenge considers Michael and Maria soul mates too, then they can certainly write it that way if they want to.
Behr's Bitch
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Great answer, Debbi. Just to clear up a few more things:
And if each Max that comes back has led the same past life is it the same one?
We decided as a group that this was not necessary. A story in this series can have Antar past life stuff is the author chooses, but it is not necessary. If it does, it does not need to match what happens on Antar in other stories in the series. The only two absolutes in Time after Time - Max and Liz are connected romantically in some way, and one other thing, that I won't reveal here, because it's small, and we want you to pick it out yourselves. :wink:
Why does he love Ava in one fic and not in another?
Depends on the relationships between the characters that particular author has created, as Debbi mentioned above.
Is Zan the real Max and Max doesn't really exist?
Zan might not exist at all in some Time after Time stories. Max ALWAYS exists. The past life on Antar might not play into some stories at all.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

For anyone interested, just so you know. I've started my Time After Time fic!!!

YAY!

I've got the first part written, and I'm steady working on it. Who knows, by the time I'm ready to post it, the whole darn thing may be done. I'm halfway into the second part, and when I find a beta, and start REALLY getting it done, I'll know when I'm ready to post.

It's called Time After Time: Inside Your Heaven
Thanette
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Thanette »

Hi. I mostly just lurk and read but Cherie told me about this and I was intrigued. Never wrote anything so I'm probably the worst author ever, but I think I have a story from about 1060-1140.

I may not need all that time - don't know yet. can I reserve this period? It will probably start at the time of the Norman conquest and include the 1st Crusade. Is that OK?

Loretta
All things are possible to one who believes.
Breathless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Breathless »

Loretta, you're going to give this a shot?? COOL!!

I've got a good start on my first story. I hope to start posting by the end of the month.
Behr's Bitch