Time After Time Challenge

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Post away kay. I'll add it to the list over on WBA.
blondee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by blondee »

Fred wrote:I edited the first post . . . putting all of the story links in it. Please check it if you are already posting a story to make sure there is a link there and that it is correct. If not please let me know (and I'm sorry in advance for the oversite). :D

Hugs and all that, :wink:

Fred
I was wondering if you considered writing a similar storyline as the movie: Last of the Mohicans?
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

blondee wrote:I was wondering if you considered writing a similar storyline as the movie: Last of the Mohicans?
As far as I know, blake was supposed to do one similar to it, at least by looking at the banner under her "List of Fics".

But I could be wrong.

I'll find out and see if I can't confirm later on.

Ashley
blondee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by blondee »

Morning Dreamgirl wrote:
blondee wrote:I was wondering if you considered writing a similar storyline as the movie: Last of the Mohicans?
As far as I know, blake was supposed to do one similar to it, at least by looking at the banner under her "List of Fics".

But I could be wrong.

Ashley
Can you lead me to her list of fics?

:)
mlover25
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mlover25 »

blondee wrote:
Morning Dreamgirl wrote:

But I could be wrong.

Ashley
Can you lead me to her list of fics?

:)
Hey here you go. But as far as I can tell she stoped writting.

Blake
I lurk what can I say. :D
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ohhh this is one great idea.Man the ideas that come to mind.Just thought I'd sling some ideas out here that came to my mind when I saw this.

TIME FRAMES

1840's - 1889

It's the height of the American Civil War and Max a Union Calvary officer must lead his troops deep into Confederate territory on a dangerous mission. Badly wounded in battle and left for dead Max wakes and is shocked to find himself being hidden and cared for by Southern belle Liz Parker.

1925-1947-Ok many ideas came to me on this one but this is number one.

It's The Roaring Twenties. Jazz is the king, women are called flappers and thanks to Prohibition speakeasies are abundant and the only place you can find alcohol. It's while working in one of these illegal speakeasies that Max falls in love with a young beautiful flapper named Liz. Unfortunately Liz has another admireer.A hit man for the local head gangster.This cold blooded killer is determined to rub out any competition and make Liz his, whether she wants it or not.

1947-1975/76

It's 1967 and it's The Summer Of Love. Max is a clean cut fresh out of West Point Army Lieutenant. While in San Francisco waiting to be sent to Vietnam, Max has a run in with flower child Liz Parker. Some how the Pro-war clean cut Max and the hippie free love Anti-war Liz get along and fall in love. But will their differences split them up and not to forget the date for Max to ship off to Vietnam gets closer every day.

Well this was what first came to me when I read the challange today :lol: Although others have taken the dates please feel free to tell me if you think any of them are good ideas :oops:
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

killjoy wrote:
1925-1947-Ok many ideas came to me on this one but this is number one.

It's The Roaring Twenties. Jazz is the king, women are called flappers and thanks to Prohibition speakeasies are abundant and the only place you can find alcohol. It's while working in one of these illegal speakeasies that Max falls in love with a young beautiful flapper named Liz. Unfortunately Liz has another admireer.A hit man for the local head gangster.This cold blooded killer is determined to rub out any competition and make Liz his, whether she wants it or not.
Killjoy I may just have to kill you :lol: joking aside my plot for this time line has changed so many times and it's now changed again. I hope you don't mind but I'll probably have to edit this to make it fit with the timeline but it's an absloutly BEAUTIFUL idea and I have to say I love ya for it. (Which has made me realise that I've just made puns with out intending to on both of our user names- hope you don't mind!)
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

:lol: Use whatever you need and take whatever you need from it or anything I put out here.I'd see it as a big'old honor :D

I just wished I'd gotten to this when it started and snatched me up a time frame :(
Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

killjoy wrote:
1947-1975/76

It's 1967 and it's The Summer Of Love. Max is a clean cut fresh out of West Point Army Lieutenant. While in San Francisco waiting to be sent to Vietnam, Max has a run in with flower child Liz Parker. Some how the Pro-war clean cut Max and the hippie free love Anti-war Liz get along and fall in love. But will their differences split them up and not to forget the date for Max to ship off to Vietnam gets closer every day.

Well this was what first came to me when I read the challange today :lol: Although others have taken the dates please feel free to tell me if you think any of them are good ideas :oops:
I think your idea for my timeframe is great. Unfortunately, since my whole plot is firmly carved in my brain and story is about 1/2 done, I can't use it. Your plot is way different from mine.

You should give it a go though. No reason why you can't write a story like this even if it isn't officially part of the challenge.

Zen
The Lurkers Creed:
'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool ...
... Than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

Hey, I'm not trying to butt in here but I'm trying to read all the fics in this series/challenge and the link to "The Fleet to Destiny" doesn't work. Can anyone fix this or send me a link that works. I'm bookmarking all the stories and reading them when I have time. I stumbled across the one set in the time of William Shakespeare and found the challenge for the rest. I read Breathless' "In the Beginning" and found it absolutely charming and wonderful. Reminded me a lot of my favorite series, "Clan of the Cave Bear". Ok, sorry for taking up your time. :oops: Didn't mean to ramble on. Just want to say I'm looking forward to reading everyone's works.

Beth aka littleroswell
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!