Time After Time Challenge

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Oh my goodness.

I just had the best idea.....Kath, I love you!!! LOL

Okay. No knights or castles in my fic....well, maybe at first...but i don't want to give it away.....oh my goodness......I'm so excited.

I just changed my whole fic idea.

Thanks for the idea, Kath. smooches!

LOL....and now that you all think I'm probably crazy...
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

*Sigh* I keep thinking about this challenge... but all the great writers intimidate me. :shock: But after much debating, I'd definitely like to try.

Lemmie do some research and look at what time periods are already taken real quick...

Would I need to start my fic right away, though?
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Doublestuf wrote:Mine definietly not about knights and castles... In fact, I don't think either will appear in me story at all. Does that soothe your worry at least a skoch, ms kath?
It does indeed. Mainly because I'm possessive of that period. lol Not that having others set in it that are different isn't okay. But having twelve...then I start having a problem.

Now I'm all intrigued by yours. When do you think you'll start posting?
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Okay, I must admit...now I'm all excited. The Ming dynasty? Indians (I think this would be Awesome!). I can't wait.

And, yes, Lindsay, you get a pass. :wink: Yours has already been started. Heck! OTher people can write about knights and castles too, but I just didn't want 300 of 'em.
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:*Sigh* I keep thinking about this challenge... but all the great writers intimidate me. :shock: But after much debating, I'd definitely like to try.

Lemmie do some research and look at what time periods are already taken real quick...

Would I need to start my fic right away, though?
There's not rush. I don't plan on posting my next one until at least January.
Doublestuf
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Doublestuf »

Kath7 wrote:Now I'm all intrigued by yours. When do you think you'll start posting?
Hmmm... good question. Must finish next part of Ghost first - that's what I tell myself - then I'll really start working on this. It won't be long (maybe even just one really long part) but I'm such a slow writer who knows when I'll post. Sometime before next autumn, I assure you :P
A better world has got to start somewhere. Why not with you and me?
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Doublestuf wrote:
Kath7 wrote:Now I'm all intrigued by yours. When do you think you'll start posting?
Hmmm... good question. Must finish next part of Ghost first - that's what I tell myself - then I'll really start working on this. It won't be long (maybe even just one really long part) but I'm such a slow writer who knows when I'll post. Sometime before next autumn, I assure you :P
Hee. Well, that's good news. lol
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Ugh, I'm having trouble picking a time period...
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Checking something to make sure I haven’t done anything wrong.

In my story Liz was actually born 5 years after the time that I took. I took the year 2200, Liz was born in 2205. But there is something that takes place in my story five years before she was born and I didn’t want anyone else’s time to overlap with the time that the event took place. Did that make sense? Is this ok?
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

you called it first, Chad, that time period is yours!