Taken Challenge Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

LairaBehr4
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LairaBehr4 »

Poison Ivy wrote:#60 on the AU board

Taken by Icequeen

AU without Aliens, M/L or M/M

I got this idea when I was at a party last evening. I was imagining something, what a story would be like if it had this summary ...

The first time they met was at her wedding.

The second time they met, she was pregnant.

The third time they met, she was at the brink of a divorce.

That's the challenge actually. Make a story, with this as a summary. You can choose whatever you want. I have only a few requirements.
* When you let them meet, don't make it too short. I was kinda hoping maybe even a few chapters every time
* Not pregnant with the guy she meet
* Make up your own character whom the girl is gonna marry

That's all! Hope someone's interessed!

xxx Ivy
Hi,

I just wanted you to know that this sounds suspiciously like an italian movie called "Prima Dami un Baccio" (I think I have the spelling correct). I don't know if that has any relation to how you got the idea, but I wanted to make sure you knew just in case.

Peace,

LairaBehr4
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

LairaBehr4 wrote:
Poison Ivy wrote:#60 on the AU board

Taken by Icequeen

AU without Aliens, M/L or M/M

I got this idea when I was at a party last evening. I was imagining something, what a story would be like if it had this summary ...

The first time they met was at her wedding.

The second time they met, she was pregnant.

The third time they met, she was at the brink of a divorce.

That's the challenge actually. Make a story, with this as a summary. You can choose whatever you want. I have only a few requirements.
* When you let them meet, don't make it too short. I was kinda hoping maybe even a few chapters every time
* Not pregnant with the guy she meet
* Make up your own character whom the girl is gonna marry

That's all! Hope someone's interessed!

xxx Ivy
Hi,

I just wanted you to know that this sounds suspiciously like an italian movie called "Prima Dami un Baccio" (I think I have the spelling correct). I don't know if that has any relation to how you got the idea, but I wanted to make sure you knew just in case.

Peace,

LairaBehr4
Hey,

I've never even heard of the movie and I certainly haven't seen it. I think it's just coicindence.

xxx Ivy
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

# 65 on the AU challenge board

Taken by LairaBehr4

7 P.M. in some building in some big city.

Two people who don't know each other at all, are together in an elevator, when the power stops and they are stuck in the elevator. Thank god, there's still light.

Liz Parker is 25-year-old girl who came to a big city to try on for the last time her wedding dress. In two weeks, she's going to get married to her loved one in a Southern state, where she grow up.. But she isn't having second doubts about everything.

Max Evans is 26. he lived all his life in the big city and is actually tired of it. He just got out of a bad relationship and is in need of a change.

Max and Liz don't know what to say at first, but soon they realise they will be up in the elevator for the rest of the night.

They start talking about their lifes to each other and everything that went wrong in their lifes. They end up having a good time.

Many hours later, they don't know what to do anymore and in an impulsive mood, Liz kisses Max. He backs out at first, but soon realises this could maybe a life changing moment and kisses her back. One thing leads to another and they make love to each other.

They fall into each other arms asleep.

The next morning, they go seperate ways. Both with new goals in their lifes. They decide this was the only time they would ever met.

Liz flies back to her hometown and calls off the wedding. Deciding it was the best choice she ever made, she goes back to the big city in search for Max. But then she realises it's almost impossible. She don't know his last name or where he lives.

She gets home and finds out she's pregnant. With Max's baby. She decides to keep it and she wants to inform Max, but she has no idea to find him. With the help of her best friend, she tries to find him, without any results.

Max meanwhile, moved to the other side of the country to live close to his sister. He was been thinking about Liz a lot and has regrets that he doesn't know more about her. He keeps hoping he would run into her one day.

8 months later, Liz gets in labour and in rushed to the hospital in the same big city. She was there for a little last getaway before the baby comes. She's a little too early with her baby and has to get a c-section.

Meanwhile in the same hospital, Max brought in his sister, who his having a baby also. There, they finally meet each other again and Max almost fainted when he sees Liz pregnant.

The baby in born healty.

Happy ending is a must.

xxx Ivy
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

# 66 on the AU board

Taken by Heavenli24

Just a little challenge I came up with, now the tournament of Wimbledon is being played. Maybe also a little inspired by the film 'Wimbledon'.

Liz and Max both grew up in the tennis world.

Liz is the daughter of 9-times-grand-slam-winner and former # 1 Jeff Parker. It was natural that she would follow in her father's footsteps.

Max grew up in London, in the shadows of the grand slam of Wimbledon. It wasn't a surprise when he annouced that he was going to be tennisplayer at the age of 5.

Liz was 17 and was attending her first grand slam tournament (you choose which one), when she met Max Evans, who was at the moment 20 They met at a party, helded by Liz's coach. They got to know each other the two weeks and became good friends.

A year later and many tournaments and the two are rising stars and that same tournament, they fell in love. Soon they became the golden couple in tennis industry.

3 years later they got enaged, but soon after that the world received the new that they broke off their enagement and the end of their relationship. Nobody really knew the exact reason.

After their break up, Liz (who was at that moment in the top 10) disappeared off the court, because of the personal problems.

Two years later, she's making her comeback at the tournament of Wimbledon, still not forgotting about Max.

Max, still waiting at his first victory in a grandslam, hopes this year in wimbledon is his shot. There, he gets to hear from his coach that he has to sign up for the mixed doubles. They want Liz as his partner. He is totally against it.

Liz, on the other hand, is doubting about it. According to her father and coach, it's maybe the best to let the people know that they are still friends or something like that.

After much thinking, the two decide to do it. But when they meet, it's awkwarness all the way. They don't know what to say, but finally decide, eventhough they are doing this, it doesn't change anything what happened between them.

Then the tournament starts.

How will Max deal with competing in the man's singles, and mixed doubles, while he has to deal with Liz as his partner? Will he finally furfill his dream of winning wimbledon?

Will Liz finally find a way to solve all of her personal problems, while focussing on the woman's single? And what will happen with the two as partners?

Will they be the golden couple of the tennis world again??

You decide how it ends.

xxx Ivy
My Fics

Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Taken by: Skittles1983.

From the AU thread.

I'm watching this movie called Girl. But it's not really the plot that I think would be a good story. More of like, what the future could have been, I guess.

When Liz Parker was 18, she was a straight A student, a good girl. But she decided that she wanted to be something else, she wanted to rebel and she got herself into the music scene. She meet Max Evans who was a rising singer in a band. The two of them fell in love with one another, but Max's dreams were going to take him away from her, she knew it. But Liz still wasn't prepared when it happened. Liz poured her heart out to Max, she wanted to go with him. She wanted to be more than his girlfriend, but Max told her that she couldn't. He left for tour and broke her heart.

Liz moved on with her life, went with her plans like they were supposed to be. Went to the school she was supposed to go to, dated the men that she was supposed to, but she never forgot about Max Evans, who had turned into one of the biggest names in the music.

And a chance meeting ten years later, brings the two of them back together. Will their love be stronger the second time around or would his music once again get in between them?
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 38

Taken by: Ms. Anonymous

*I was thinking about the Beatles one day and this idea came to me.*

The year is 1967. The Hybrids (you can make up whatever name you like, I'm just using this name as an example) are one of the hottest bands in the world. They are up there with the Beatles. Liz Parker is a twenty five year old photographer who is assigned the task of photographing the band. She is a single mother to a beautiful five year old daughter from a failed marriage. Her husband expected her not to have a career, to just be a wife, and Liz knew that there was no way that she would be happy with that. When Liz meets the band, she feels a connection to the men and an undeniable attraction to Max Evans, even though he is currently attached to a cute and cheerful actress.

Michael Guerin meets a beautiful and talented singer who is several years older than him, and finds the muse that he has always been searching for.

Kyle Valenti is happily married, or at least he thinks so. But his wife Tess is having doubts in her marriage after the years of hearing the rumors of her husband's unfaithfulness. When she finds out that she's pregnant, she wonders what kind of life she is going to bring her child into and wonders if the best thing for her is to leave her husband.

Alex Whitman is the smart, quiet one in the band. He believes that he's in love with Isabel Evans, Max's sister, who is a fashion model. He watches as Isabel stumbles and starts to fall as she gets involved in a bad crowd and Alex knows that it's up to him to save her.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 22

Taken by Skittles83

AU. M/L. M/M. A/I.

*I was reading this romance novel that I love for about the millionth time. Now, I thought it would be kinda cool with a Roswellian twist. But since I've read it more than once, I don't think that I would be the best judge of character to write it. So I'm putting this out here, but mostly just the premise. Not a whole bunch of details, but some. Based on the book Married By A Thread by Kia Cochrane.*

The Evans family is going through hell at this time.

Oldest brother, Michael Evans' marriage to Maria is on the rocks. The two of them are seperated, and Maria is adamant about getting a divorce, while Michael isn't sure what to do anymore. He loves his wife, but he understands the way that she's being. She has turned herself off from feeling everything, but Michael desperately wants his wife to come back to him, to face her pain.

Younger brother, Max Evans was released from prison six months before, after spending five years in jail for a murder he knows he didn't commit. When his best friend was killed, the evidence pointed to Max, but he swears that he didn't do it. He lost his girlfriend, Liz Valenti and his freedom.

Younger sister, Isabel Evans is dealing with a relationship she knows that her brother isn't going to like. She's in love with Alex Valenti, but things between the Evans and the Valenti family are not good. Isabel is stuck between the man that she loves and her family. What is she going to do when she finds out that she's pregnant?

Liz Valenti's heart was broken when the love of her life was arrested for her twin brothers murder. She didn't believe that Max would do something like that, but when Max told her that he didn't love her, she began to wonder how much she knew about him. After five long years, Liz comes home for a family emergency. What will she do when she runs into Max? She's still in love with him, but there is just so much pain involved, and she doesn't know what to do.

Kyle Valenti is the hot head of the family, who is extremly bitter about Max being out of prison for his brothers murder. He's supposed to be happy with his wife, Tess, who's beautiful in every way to him. But he has began to wonder just what exactly was the relationship his wife had with his younger brother, who died.

-- CC, M/L, M/M, A/I, K/T. Michael and Maria have their problems, you can decide what it is and why Maria is so determined to leave. But no adultery, please. Max didn't kill his best friend. And you can keep Kyle with Tess or not. It's up to you.

What happened to make Liz leave Max was that Max told her that he didn't love her. He lied to her, because he saw how much pain she was going through. Stuck between her family, who believed that Max killed her brother and the man that she loved, so he made the decision easier for her. So that is why she left.
Ms. Anonymous
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ms. Anonymous »

Lillie wrote:Challenge 38

Taken by: Ms. Anonymous

*I was thinking about the Beatles one day and this idea came to me.*

The year is 1967. The Hybrids (you can make up whatever name you like, I'm just using this name as an example) are one of the hottest bands in the world. They are up there with the Beatles. Liz Parker is a twenty five year old photographer who is assigned the task of photographing the band. She is a single mother to a beautiful five year old daughter from a failed marriage. Her husband expected her not to have a career, to just be a wife, and Liz knew that there was no way that she would be happy with that. When Liz meets the band, she feels a connection to the men and an undeniable attraction to Max Evans, even though he is currently attached to a cute and cheerful actress.

Michael Guerin meets a beautiful and talented singer who is several years older than him, and finds the muse that he has always been searching for.

Kyle Valenti is happily married, or at least he thinks so. But his wife Tess is having doubts in her marriage after the years of hearing the rumors of her husband's unfaithfulness. When she finds out that she's pregnant, she wonders what kind of life she is going to bring her child into and wonders if the best thing for her is to leave her husband.

Alex Whitman is the smart, quiet one in the band. He believes that he's in love with Isabel Evans, Max's sister, who is a fashion model. He watches as Isabel stumbles and starts to fall as she gets involved in a bad crowd and Alex knows that it's up to him to save her.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I've started this challenge :twisted: The title of this fic is Rock With U :wink:
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Taken by Ella1022

Pairing: Alex/Ava

Okay, I admit I'm stealing part of this idea from a (taken and well-completed :D) Stargazer challenge... but hey... What if instead of being killed, Alex was dumped out in the middle of the desert (that's the part, btw) and then (this is the, you know, original thinking. lol) Ava was the one who found him? At first (and I mean, just at the very first, this is Alex, after all) he'd be afraid to trust her, after what Tess did to him, but she can help him reverse whatever Tess did to his brain, and they work together to figure out why Tess needed him and how to tell the rest of the gang what's up without arousing Tess' suspicions. And maybe fall in love on the way. lol

Okay, it's a little weak, but hey, it's just a jumping off point. Anybody could take what they wanted or didn't want of it.

At least an implication that Isabel has someone else... (Kyle, Jesse, whoever... you choose) would be appreciated, but not imperative. It's YOUR story. Do as you like. :)
Lin4u
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lin4u »

# 70 from the AU board

Taken by Lairabehr4

This was a prologue of a story I wanted to write, but I guess it's not gonna happen. So, I'm gonna post the prologue here and the challenge is: continue it, the you want! I gave it the title 'Millions Miles Away' and I would be very happy if you kept that :)

Hope someone is interessed!

Love, LIn!

Liz stared down at the elegant three-karat diamond engagement ring on her finger and sighed. A confusing night it had been, more like a confusing life, she thought. Losing your mother at the age of five, left by your father after her mother’s death and raised by people she hardly knew and still, she didn’t know them now.

With a cup of tea in her hand Liz rose from her blue colored sofa, walking towards the large windows that lined the living room and that gave her a beautiful view of downtown New York.

Most people would think that Liz had a perfect life. She lived in a beautiful penthouse overlooking New York, had more money than she knew what to do with, and was knockout beautiful; giving her choice of any man she wanted. But people didn’t know her past, her life before she got famous.

After high school she went to college in New York for medical studies. But after three months she got bored and knew that medical studies wasn’t her thing. She got interested in fashion, after her roommate took her to a charity event. She was reliving her child dream of becoming a top designer and began her own design studio with the help of her best friend, Maria. After 6,5 years later they’d become the most famous design firm in whole New York and gained the respect of almost every firm in the United States. ‘Parker Design’ really made it. Liz’ speciality is wedding dresses and evening gowns. At 25, Liz was living every fashion designer’s dream.

Liz stared at the taxi as it drove away to the centre of Boston. Ben left a few minutes ago. They were together for almost 2 years and he proposed to her. She said yes. She loved him with all her heart; he was happy with him. But then again she wasn’t happy. Not happy because he wasn’t with her. He as in Max Evans; best friend, love of her life, the only guy he would truly love and the only guy she was in love with. She knew he was only a car ride away, but on the other hand he was million miles away.

She remembered the last time they were together. The last day of the summer after high school …

<I> 7 years ago </I>

You could see two shadows wondering around the beaches of California. Max and Liz were walking Hand in hand on the beach. Something they had done every evening while they were on vacation. You could see that they really enjoyed it. Although you could see there was an expression on their faces that wasn’t happiness. They stopped walking and Max threw a blanked over the sand. They laid down and looked at the stars.

“Max, this was the best summer I ever had.”

“I know, it was mine too, you know?” He said as he took her hair and pressed it behind her ears. He looked in to her eyes and she smiled. “You are beautiful …”

She blushed. Although he had said that a hundred times a day, she still felt special every time he said it. “I love you,” she said as she pressed her lips against his. “I’ll always love you...”

“I love you too, my darling.”

She almost cried, she knew that this would be the last time in a very long time that they would see each other. Max noticed and wiped away her tears. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“It’s just … I realised that this is the last time I’ll see you. And I don’t know if we’ll ever be …”

He didn’t know what to say. But she was right. He didn’t know if he would ever see that pretty face and those eyes of hers again.

“You know, I can come with you to Los Angeles and follow my medical studies there. Then we’ll be together,” she whispered, hoping he would agree.

“Liz, honey, you can do that. New York is the best place to study medical. You should go there. Nothing but the best is it for you. You don’t have to put your dreams away for me.”

“But Max, you are the only dream I ever want. I want to be with you. That is my dream.”

“Liz, no …” Max knew that it was useless to argue with her. But maybe with a compromise she would listen to him. “Listen, go to New York. We’ll try at least a year. And if we still love each other as much as we do now, then I’ll give up my studies and I’ll move to New York. If anyone should give it up, it would be me. You have worked you whole life for this and I won’t let you give it up for me. I’m not worth it.”

Liz stayed silent. Maybe was it the best way to do. They were together for 2,5 years and they did everything together. Maybe a year apart would be so bad. But she knew she would love him even more. That was sure. “Okay … I’ll go tomorrow to New York and you’ll go to Los Angeles. But promise me this. A year from today, we will be here again. At this very one place.”

“Okay, I’m promise, and if for some other stupid reason we don’t. I know that we will meet sometimes again. Fate will bring us together again,” he told to her. And they got up and walked further down the beach. </I>

But they didn’t meet a year later. Why? She still didn’t know. She couldn’t tell what went wrong then. But after their goodbye at the airport that day, she never saw him again. She still loved him as much as she did then, when they were 18. But now she had a total other life that she imagined that night. She wasn’t a doctor. She was glad she wasn’t. Now she did something that she really liked, she really loved.

She was engaged now to Ben, a guy she met someday at one of her stores. She wondered what life was for Max … What life would have been for them if she didn’t left that day …
***Lin***