Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BlondeDramaQueen »

I need a beta, I just can't be left up to editing my own work! Seeing as how I don't like to read what I have written (I know, I'm unusual!) I would like to find someone to edit and to make sure everything flows and makes comments! I love when someone tells me honestly what they think!

I have a couple of fics that I need a beta for, you don't have to do them all but I would like them all to end up being taken!

A Long Way From Home- Crossover with Supernatural. I have 3 pieces already up of this and am working on the next part now. I like to have a part completed on my end once a week.taken

Crash- AU w/out Aliens. taken

Finding Normal-UC. Zan/Liz

Life for the Upper East Side Girl- currently being rewrote w/ Dreamerlaure, its a M/L AU fic.

So any one that is willing to help, I really need someone soon! Thanks in advance!
keyelee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by keyelee »

I'm in need of a beta for something I have been working on to help with some writers block I have been experiencing. It's an AU w/o aliens, M/L... It's something totally different from what I've attempted before, and I'd really love any help that is offered to me with it.

I'd like someone to read the parts I have done so far (3 as of 1/20), to basically let me know if it is any good. I'm currently working on outlining it, but I'd love someone who is willing to let me bounce ideas off of them.

Also, any advice that you can offer will be helpful. I'm not sensitive in the department at all, so as long as it is constructive, any criticism is very much appreciated.

Please PM me if you are interested or reply on this thread.

Thanks for the consideration!
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Hi! I need a temporary beta for February. The story is called Anything But Ordinary. It's M/L, AU without aliens.

My english grammar is not great, so I'm mainly looking for someone to correct all grammar mistakes. :oops:

Let me know if you're interested. :)

Taken. Thanks Izstacie!
Last edited by Erina on Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

Erina wrote:Hi! I need a temporary beta for February. The story is called Anything But Ordinary. It's M/L, AU without aliens.

My english grammar is not great, so I'm mainly looking for someone to correct all grammar mistakes. :oops:

Let me know if you're interested. :)
I'll help you Erina
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Yikes! :shock: That was fast!

Thanks! I will PM you later with details. :)
natalie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Looking for Beta

Post by natalie »

I just recently posted The Life of Liz Parker and looking back at past experience, I tend to lose interest in some of my stories. So basically, I'm looking for a beta to give me constructive criticism, bounce ideas off of, and motivate me. Not too much to ask for, haha?

Here's the link to the story: viewtopic.php?t=15854

Just PM me here.
Last edited by natalie on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guelbebek
Addicted Roswellian

Post by guelbebek »

hi everyone! FOUND ONE, THANKS TO DREAMERLAURE

i have a story fully written in german. I want to translate it into englisch to post it here.

Im from germany and my english isnt the best so i would need a beta for corrections and grammar.

Here is a short summary: The story is called "I Can't Love You". It is about Liz who was raped with 15. she is now 21 and is in college. She has nothing to do with men, but someday she gets to know max? what will happen? Will liz learn to trust? has she more secrets than only the rape?

The story is M/L centric with little bit MM. Its written in Liz POV and the style of evelyn in empty and sweetbrowneyes in best of me has inspired me to write this story in the same style.

it has a prolgue and 40 chapters. every chapter has about 800~1000 words.

I hope someone is interested in this.

Bye guel

PS: If someone takes this i would need time to translate the first few parts and would it than off to you.
Last edited by guelbebek on Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roswell 4th Season in German! 17 Episodes are online. (Update 25/08)

My Authors Page
German Roswell Fictions
Drogyn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Drogyn »

Hi everyone,

I've decided to rewrite one of the first stories I wrote here. It's called A Beautiful Brain and it's an CC/AU Without Aliens fic. After reading it again, I knew it could be so much better so I'm in the process of rewriting it now.

The story is about Liz, who wakes up from a coma to find that her entire life is in ruins, mainly because her husband has left her, but also because she suffer from aphasia (braindamage) from being in a coma for too long. The story is filled with angst, but I promise a happy end.

I need a beta who doesn't mind AU or angst, who can correct spelling/grammar errors and, more importantly, who can look at the storyline and tell me if something needs more explaining or doesn't make sense.

If anyone is interested, or if you have questions, please PM me.

Andre

Taken by behrsgirl77.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Looking for a beta...

Post by burningchaos »

I am rewriting What Lies Ahead and in need of a beta. I will not be posting it until it is completely finished but as it is a multi-chaptered fic I don’t feel I should dump it on someone completely finished.

This is a Crossover with SG1 that takes place after the end of season eight. It pairs Liz with Daniel Jackson and also Samantha Cater with Jack O’Neill. I have the original fic posted here if you would like to take a glance at it. I had a plot hole I was unable to resolve but many of the things it will remain the same. Feel free to pm me or mail me at Burningchaos@aol.com.

Edit

I have found a beta. thank you all so much.
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

Hey,

I lost my current beta for my story Children of Eden and could really use someone to mostly point out typos and plot holes. Plot holes being a big thing, as the story is very complex and elaborate and I sometimes forget what I've told people and what I haven't, or what's clear and what isn't.

Anyone interested? Feel free to PM me with questions if you have them.

Chione
<center>My Stories
</center>