Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

Hey,

I'm looking for a beta for my next fic, its AU without Aliens mainly Max and Liz but a healthy dose of M/M and I/A and it's not very angsty (yet. It could swing that way but I don't think it will).

I'd need help with grammar and punctuation and all that jazz. My spelling's pretty good, but I miss things when I go over my work.
PM if you're interested or just post reply, either way.

Edit: It's started in AU without Aliens and It's called 'Never In Doubt' Link Is in my signature if you're interested in checking it out first. I would still like a beta for it even though I've started posting it. Thanks!

Alison

Taken! by thetvgeneral Thanks Steph!
Last edited by Rowedog on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

Oops...my bad ...LOL! :oops: I posted in the wrong place...

SHI
Last edited by Shiesty23 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBehr'sChica
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by JBehr'sChica »

I'm new to the world of fanfiction, Roswell, Jason Behr...

Sorry, lost my train of thought there for a moment :lol:

Moving right along, I was told that this is the place to request a Beta for something that I started putting together. It doesn't have a title yet, and I've written the first chapter.

It's a Max/Liz fic in the AU world without Aliens. I would be grateful to anyone who would be interested in taking a look at the chapters as I write them. Anyone who's interested, my email is x5-391@hotmail.com

I'm also more than happy to help anyone out with any Beta-ing they may need in the way of spelling, grammar and punctuation :)

Taken by rowedog
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I'm looking for a beta for my fic A New Kind of Love. It's a CO of Roswell and One Tree Hill. Mostly Liz and Lucas.
- Amanda
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

I'm contemplating posting a CC fic and because it's very, very different from what I usually post I'd like for a beta to read over the first chapter and tell me if it's crap or not.

I'm usually a fairly light hearted writer but I'd like to attempt something darker. If it's ok then I'll post it, I'd just need someone to look out for those little mistakes you can never find yourself when you proof read. It should be lengthy but not that lengthy.The chapters shouldn't be that long.

A small summary: It's M/L centred and it starts after destiny. Liz runs away for reasons unknown and Max shuts down emotionally. What is Liz running from and who is the little girl she's protecting? It's called "Space They Cannot Touch"

If you're interested in helping me then PM me or reply to this thread.

taken by thetvgeneral
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

Hi, i'm looking for a beta to help me with my newest fic.

It's a Crossover called Bonds of Blood and Love.

I need someone who can check my grammer - i suck when it comes to grammers but my betas says i have been a little better since then.

I need someone who knows about the series, they don't have to as i will explain it but i need someone who can help me out on it.

The couplings are the hardest parts as i know that not everyone supports my shippings.

I need someone who likes Buffy/Angel. They can like Riley only if they can deal with a little bashing of him.

I need someone who likes Max/Liz with a slight bashing of the gangs apart from Alex (he's actually the only one i write in a good light!).

I need someone who likes Harry/Hermione with bashings of Ginny - This is the hardest part.

I need someone to be over age because there will be sexual hints and sexual graphics between the couplings.

For more information, hit my link underneath and head into the Crossover section in my author notes for Bonds of Blood and Love.

I really hope someone will be able to take it up.

Taken by Dream Weaver
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

I need a Beta for a fanfiction that I'm writing called What Happens When It All Falls Apart?

Here's my summery: Future fic. Everything from Graduation happened. The gang have split up deciding that Michael might of been right after all. However when Max and Liz get found by Khivar and loose each other. Liz must now find the others and they have to head back to the place it all started...

Basically I'd like a beta to bounce Ideas off (as I'm in the starting parts..) and later correct my grammer because god alone knows I need it :-)

Also one to be my cheerleading squad as well :wink:

Taken :-)
lizandzackfan
Addicted Roswellian

Beta needed

Post by lizandzackfan »

BETA NEEDED

For my fic "Unexpected Suprises" for more info read the summary in the crossover section or pm me.
Last edited by lizandzackfan on Mon May 21, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizandzackfan
Addicted Roswellian

Beta

Post by lizandzackfan »

I wanted to be put up on the list to offer my beta services.
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

I'm looking for someone to beta my one short call Tiptoes.

It's only short - i just need someone to check it over to make sure it's okay and if they think the story needs anything else added.

Thanks.

Taken By Cassie
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant