Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Beta Request Thread

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

Edit
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Found a Beta!

Hi everyone.

I’m looking for a beta for a new fic I’m working on. It’s an AU fic with no aliens that focuses mostly on Liz and Max and Tess and Kyle, but has other conventional couples as well. It was taken from challenge #249 created by killjoy on the Alternate Universe Challenge thread. Here is the link to the challenge. LINK

I’m just looking for someone who can correct my grammatical mistakes, and give me their honest opinion. Strict, brutally honest, or easy to please, it does not matter to me, as long as it is your honest opinion of my work. I’m also open to brainstorming plot ideas, as well taking suggestions that will better the quality of the story.

Thanks a lot, I hope my perfect beta is out there somewhere!

<<<Candice>>>
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Hey there!

I'm not exactly looking for a beta, but more for a consultant on medical technicalities. It's a Max centered fic CC canon, won't be longer than 15 chapters, and the grammar is being taken cared of by another two betas.

Thanks!

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Hey all - just looking for someone to go over a one-parter that I'm writing.

It is Adult so please only respond if you are comfortable reading and editing something at that rating.

Also, I'll probably be sending it to you in parts, as that is generally how I'll be able to write it - especially since it's already past 4:00 AM and I most likely won't get to sit down and finish it all at once! *Laughs*

If you're interested, let me know. You can get an idea for my writing style by reading The Runner. I didn't use a beta on it so you should get a good grip on what my style and limitations are.

PM me if you're interested. Any questions, just let me know!

Thanks!

Ashley
mrsjbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mrsjbehr »

Hi All! I'm looking for a Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark-Hunter Reader, to help me with a new story I'm considering writing. It's going to be a Liz/Acheron cross over fic. If you are interested. Please PM me. Thanks.
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi all,

I'm looking beta for a couple of my stories

Law of Love
Disclaimer: Not Mine

Summary: Challenge 11 by LoveIsForever

Ratting: ADULT

Forgotten Memories
Author: Michelle17 & DestinyDreamer
Disclaimer: Not ours
Rating: Teen/Mature
Category :M/L and others
AU
Summary: Challenge 161 Here is the link viewtopic.ph ... &start=170

We could really use a beta for this story

Mr. and Mrs. Evans

This is based on behrlyliz 183. Disclaimer: challenge based of Mr. Smith & Mrs. Smith

Please email me jasonsamforever@yahoo.com or pm

Thanks in advance

Special thanks too

claudialynn
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

Hey hey, everyone! I'm looking for a beta for a Roswell/Star Trek crossover featuring M/L, M/M, and Isabel, Kyle, and Tess on the Roswell side and Q on the Trekkie side. I'd really, REALLY like a beta for this story, so honestly anyone who will read and give me honest, semi-critical feedback is more than welcome to PM or e-mail me at divinedancer2004@hotmail.com about beta-ing for the story.

Here's a little background information:

After Max in the City, Max and Isabel find it more important than ever to find out just what the granolith is. Tess goes along with them easily, although Michael is frustrated with the lack of information they have to go on and doesn't relish any more big reveals about his heritage considering all they've found out so far. Nevertheless, he still views Max as the king, and the four hybrids finally decide that until they come across another friendly alien like Courtney or Larek once again takes over Brody's body, the best course of action is simply to check in on the granolith occasionally.

It is during one of these visits that Isabel, who has felt a certain affinity with the granolith from the start, lingers for hours. She is eventually disturbed by shouting from outside, and when she goes to find out what's happening she comes across a spooked Liz. Liz is babbling incoherently about time travel and men inside the granolith, and a thoroughly bewildered Isabel brings her into the cave. Liz immediately notices the now-worn entrance to the granolith chamber and crawls through with Isabel hot on her heels. When they tumble into the chamber they are greeted with the smiling face of Q. Q brings transports them to a desert arena that, when asked, he claims is located on a star in the middle of an undiscovered system. He promptly tries to bring in Tess - and is suitably surprised and delighted when he realizes that Max and Michael, who were with her, have managed to not only bring themselves along but Kyle and Maria also. As the mayhem begins, the pod squad wants to know what an "omniscient, omnipresent, and generally superior" being could possibly want with the seven of them - and if Q will return them to their families when his game is done or abandon them to their deaths.
lizandzackfan
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizandzackfan »

I need a beta for my story "The Four Charmed Ones". Some information on it is located in my Authors Page. If you have any questions just pm me. My muse is really kicking my but on this one. I'm having a hard time starting this it, and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D

TAKEN
Last edited by lizandzackfan on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to precariousem for my sig banner.
Check out my site.
http://writersfanfiction.darkbb.com/index.htm
X-tremer89
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by X-tremer89 »

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a beta for a Roswell / Moonlight crossover I'm working on with a Liz / Josef pairing. Since English isn't my first language, the main focus of the beta should be on spelling and grammar. I'd also appreciate a little help in finding a title that fits the story.

PM me if you are interested or want to know more about the story :D

Edit: TAKEN
Courting Disaster
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Courting Disaster »

Hi!

I'm writing a Roswell/Gossip Girl (TV) crossover, and its the first fic I've written in over a year. I'd really appreciate someone who could read over it and check that it flows and whatnot. Also, someone who wouldn't mind a few babbling ideas would be most appreciated!

PM or email me at court_disaster@midnight-shadows.org

TAKEN