Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Christable
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Beta Request Thread

Post by Christable »

I would like to offer my services if anyone needs a beta :D I don't do slash or crossover though.

"Live like there is no tomorrow"
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

TAKEN! Thanks again!

Hello,

I have an idea for a fanfic. The first 12 chapters are already written but I have to translate them in English. They're written in Dutch at the moment because originaly I didn't have the intention to put them online.

My problem is that English is like a 4th language to me. So I tend to make a lot of mistakes in spelling and grammar. That's why I'm in need of a beta.

The story is AU without aliens. The story is about Michael & Maria. They're both in their twenties and were good friends in the past but never dated. They lost track of each other over the years but that will change after Michael has a motor accident. Most of the time he will be in a wheelchair. The other characters will join too of course.

Is there anybody who's interested to help me out?

Eva
Take a look at Eva's world
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

To lose one beta is careless, to lose two.... well I don't know.

Anyway, I am working on two fics right now and my two beta's have vanished so I need one or two more please. The two fics are Gold Diggers and my new one, Crush. Both are AU without aliens. It's mainly to spot typos, correct my grammar and help with Americanisms.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Hi ladies, and the very few gents that come here as well. I find I am in need of a beta for my fic R.I.S.K which I am going to be starting up again really soon.

Here is the summary:

Max Evans is a member of RISK (Roswell Investigators of Serial Killings). An elite group of Police investigators who specialize in doing just as the name implies: stopping serial killers. When a string of cop murders start to show up in Roswell, taking the life of his partner Max makes it his duty to find out who the culprit is. However, he isn’t counting on having the aid of a new partner. Elizabeth Parker has idolized Max Evans since she was a rookie at the Roswell Police Academy. It’s a dream come true when she is assigned to be his new partner. But Max doesn’t want anything to do with her. She too green and too damned cute for his taste. But that will all change when Max discovers who the killer’s next target is.

I just need someone to go over my craptacular grammar and spelling mistakes and to just tell me that you think I’m awesome…

Okay maybe not that last one, but I could use someone for the first one. If you’re interested just send me a PM, or reply on this thread, or whatever. Just make sure to let me know.

~Chad~

Edit: Got one :wink:
Drogyn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Drogyn »

Hello everyone. After a writing hiatus of over a year, I've been rewriting a fic I started in 2007 called Shattered Illusions. This time, I've decided to finish the entire story before I start posting it. Now that I've almost finished it, I'm looking for a beta... mainly to correct any spelling/grammatical errors that are bound to be present and also to take the blame for any delays (jk :))

Shattered Illusions
Type: Canon CC (mainly Kyle/Tess) and UC (Alex/Ava)
Rating: MATURE
Summary: While Tess' carefully constructed web of lies is starting to crumble, Alex meets Ava in Las Cruces.

If you're interested, please send me a PM.

~ Andre

EDIT: Found one
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Hello
Can someone please help me? I need a beta for 2 stories I am working on. The 2 stories are called Romancing The Heart an AU without Aliens and Princess Of Antar AU with Aliens. Both stories have a mature rating. I need a beta to check my grammer and spelling and to also bounce ideas off of. If anyone is interested please pm me and let me know? Thank You!

L-J-L 76

p.s I hope everyone has a safe relaxing stress free night, weenkend and Monday! I hope no one works themselves to hard at school, work and home!

Edit: Got a beta. Thank you!
Last edited by L-J-L 76 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abbs007
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by abbs007 »

Hi,

After 6 years of doing no writing whatsoever I've decided to write a M/L smut fic, I'm so rusty at writing it's not funny so I'm looking for a beta to do your beta thing ie. spelling/grammer/ideas etc etc etc.

If anyones interested let me know not too sure how long I'm going to make this fic as this is kind of like a tester for me to see if I can still write really. I've got one chapter done and I'd love to get some feedback aswell on how it sounds.

Thanks
Abby

Edited - Found one
Last edited by abbs007 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Okay so, I have accepted a challenge and honestly I need a beta who is going to nag my as# to not only write, but to do so regularly, via email, PM's and whatever other form necessary. I am trying to get back on track with the one thing I enjoy doing but always seem to push to the side for other things.

I have the ideas for the challenge and I am already beginning to write it, but I need one or even two people if necessary to dedicate themselves in helping me *lol* I need someone to read through what I write, correct mistakes and awkward thoughts/sentences. Make things clearer and help me make sure I am not leaving anyone out. Plot points are it includes M/L, T/K, I/A, M/M, the thing is while I already know what their backgrounds are I need help getting things together, helping them move along faster than at snails pace.

So, if you're up to the challenge, please PM me. If possible, and you are currently beta-ing someone or have in the past, let me know and also how much time you HONESTLY think you can give me. I am extremely busy and will count on someone(s) to help me out to get the updates done.

Okay, I think I have babbled enough.

Thanks!

Tanya

EDITED: I'VE GOT TWO! :) THANKS!
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by linliz68 »

I would like to offer my services if anyone needs a beta. Please PM to let me know.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Hello

I don't know if there are french on this board, but I'm looking for a french beta reader for a candy crossover with "Lois and Clark, the new adventures of Superman". To check out spelling, grammar and some little mistakes. The title is: "Quand Michael rencontre Superman".

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.