Conventional/Canon Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

sabbathcat13
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by sabbathcat13 »

Awesome! Thanks.
Chrisken wrote:
sabbathcat13 wrote:If this one is still open I would love to do a M/M story off of this.
killjoy wrote:22# THE 'THEY DID WHAT IN VEGAS?!' CHALLENGE
I've been talking with killjoy about doing a kyle/tess story based on what he said... a kind of 'vegas, one year later' idea. But I certainly don't mind sharing the challenge!!
Peace among the stars.

Jamie
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

24# WHILE WE WERE AWAY

In the episode Wipe Out just where did the people who vanished go?

And what if it had had an effect on the Royal Four and they had remembered when they came back?

Ok here's the idea.

One of the couples gets snagged by that green dimension time thingy and gets taken away. They are deposited together on some foreign unknown land and/or planet and must now find a way to survive together.

But here's the catch....while they're in the new dimension years past and they survive, fall in love and have a life. But when Nicholas's device is destroyed in our world they are pulled back to Roswell just like on the show. But to their shock they find although to them they've been gone and lived for years maybe decades only an hour or two have passed in Roswell.Not to mention that where they had aged quite a bit somehow the return trip has made them young and they are once again in their high school bodies.How will they deal with being back after being gone and alone with one another

RULES

At the start the couple you choose must be mad at each other and arguing about something, only to find that they must now work together to survive.

We must see some of their time and what they went through in the other dimension. Whether it's right at the moment or in flashbacks upon returning doesn't matter.

When the couple return to their younger bodies in the Roswell world they retain all their memories of their 'other' life.

I'd like for this to remain an open challenge so every couple might get snagged and be read about.

Kyle/Tess

Max/Liz

Alex/Isabel

Michael/Maria
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

One of the things that bugged me about Roswell,especially when compared to Buffy, and I see is repeated in Rosfics, is that the group never really bonded with each other yet somehow were supposed to be prepared to live and die for each other. And by bonding, I mean outside the couples they never really became friends with each other apart from Max and Maria in early S2. I couldn't really understand that. Liz was dating Max, his best friend was dating her best friend yet she never tried to get to know Michael. (polarists will totally disagree with me but there were only a grand total of three occasions when Michael and Liz were alone together and one other occassion when he hugged her that they were ever close in three years) And it's not just Liz, it's all the others too. Apart from pining over Liz and Michael when did Max and Maria ever hang out? When did Isabel ever hang out with Liz and Maria? Kyle and Michael went bowling together but when did they become friends? Did Alex and Kyle ever hang out after getting trapped in the cave?

So my challenge is to write a fic where it's not about the couple getting together, it's about them getting to know their SO's friends. The couples don't have to be together when the fic starts and it can be about them falling in love but a big portion of the fic should be about them getting to know each others friends. Kind of like "Meet the friends"

It must have M&L,M&M everyone else is up to you. I have some ideas for a fic so you can pm me if you'd like to know them but if you'd prefer to write your onw ideas that's totally fine.

I'm posting this on the canon and AU threads because it can be either.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

#24 and #25 sound interesting
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Behrystrwbry
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrystrwbry »

AllieXie wrote:#11)

I don't know if this has been done, or if it has already been challenged...so here goes.....

Everything goes the way of the show until TEOTW, but the twist is that when Future Max comes back, and is trying to prevent Tess leaving and the end of the world happening...etc...that he comes in, only to realize he is a few hours off and he finds Max and Liz in bed, but because he is still there, he assumes that the world still ends because Tess leaves, and now they have to find a way to make sure she doesn't leave, either making it seem as if they aren't together, or becoming super matchmakers with her and Kyle, or...something.....I would love to see him burst through her window from the balcony and say...oh no, what are you doing.......and Max put up a shield and have him have to explain himself through a shield to himself from the future. That would be funny.
I pm'd AllieXie and I'm going to take this challenge.

B.
I spy with my little eye something that starts with B.
somewhere87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by somewhere87 »

Challenge #26

taken by somewhere87
Last edited by somewhere87 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael: I NEVER wanted anyone else, I still don't..- BOYA
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Challenge 27

CC, M/M

In the Roswell High books, Michael had a brother, Trevor, who looked a lot like him. What if Michael's brother was introduced on the show ? Let's say that post-Graduation, Trevor comes to Roswell to find his brother and discovers that he is missing. He goes on the road to find him and bring him back to Antar, with Max, Liz and Isabel.

He finally finds them but Michael is engaged to Maria. Trevor (maybe other members of his family) expected him to marry Isabel-Vilandra (who is still married to Jesse, but separated from him).

So Trevor is less than happy that his brother, who was a member of the Royal family, engaged to a princess, the leader of their "clan", is with a human, poor, weird and of no royal blood. He and his friends counted on a Michael-Rath/Isabel-Vilandra wedding, because Tess betrayed them and Max is married to another human.

That's the beginning. The Trevor-Michael relationship, and all the troubles that Michael's brother will cause to M&M.

Must end M&M though, and if possible, part of the fic has to take place on Antar.

PS : challenge 25, by Nibbles, sounds good.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

I tried to write this story myself, but I just can't seem to get it right, so that's why I'm posting this here. Hoping someone else will be able to make a good story out of it!

*The Podsquad & Maria have left for Antar, leaving Liz & Kyle behind on Earth.

*3 years pass: the Podsquad comes back w/o Tess.
*Liz is a famous singer with Kyle as her bodyguard/manager/... (whatever you want).
*Both Liz & Kyle are VERY close to the Evanses, Deluca en Valentis, who treat them like their own children.

*They meet again @ the Crashdown just as everybody is ready to leave to attend an important awardshow for Liz
*Liz shocks the entire Podsquad by being very cold and by her choice of clothing and the song she's singing. She had changed A LOT and is NOT happy to see Max.

*Don't forget that in the life of a famous singer, gossip, tabloids,... must be present. So maybe Liz could be linked with one of her costars?

*Liz is harassed by paparazzi and Max sees this.

*DREAMER ENDING!!

Rating ADULT
Try to write this in Max 10-15 parts?

Good luck!
FrenchDreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by FrenchDreamer »

Hey , i didn't see anything like what i'm going to propose so if it does exist .....sorry ! :?

M/L,can have some M/M too - Adult

The fic would start at the end of the episode #312 Ch-Ch-Change when Liz and Max are about to "take a break".
When Max said that they could go visit Cal to see if he could do something ,well Liz decided to go with Max to L.A ....

When they arrive there ,Cal at first is not really helping and is keeping secrets from them but Max push and we discover that
Liz is Queen (You can choose whatever you want for explaining how, she doesn't have to be The Queen in the other lifetime...),
that Michael is her brother (i couldn't resit they're just funny when they are siblings)
and that Max had been mindwarp by Tess at the Observatory(But he did do the horizontal tango with Tess ,so you can even say he's been raped ...)

Liz is unsure and scared about what she really is and Max thinks of himself like he's some monsters ,like he deserved everything for all the hurt he had cause to Liz by entering her life .
But by some miracle(because it's a little too dark for my taste here lol) , it can be someone or something that got them to work things together.

They have to have the magic they had in Season One (flashs and all).
Oh and The Gerbil can be invite because even if i'm not a fan at all it's more fun with her but there is no baby !!

Well after all this you can take it where you want but don't Forget that Dreamer is the best lol! :wink:
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

It should take place post Destiny

-After hearing the message from their mother, Liz runs out but Max is able to catch
-They go somewhere private to try and talk things through but end up making love
-When Max wakes up, Liz is gone and will not be seen or heard of for the next 3 years
-Liz is NOT pregnant
-Liz returns when she finds out the Podsquad is in trouble (but they don't know it yet)
-Liz is a cop
-DREAMER ENDING IS A MUST!

Hope you like it and hopfully some good story will come out of this...