Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

*Based on the movie Domino.*

Liz Parker is a girl who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. But ever since her father died, she has not been happy. Her mother's goal was to make her into a lady, which Liz hated. Liz was expelled from multiple schools for fighting with other girls. Until one day, she finally finds her place in the world. She becomes the third member of a bounty hunter team, along with Max Evans and Michael Guerin. The three of them are close friends, who will do anything for each other. And one day things get bad for them when they an attempt to capture someone goes wrong. And they are trying to fight to survive.

-- Okay, Max has to have longish hair. Just like Choco in the movie. Every time when it came for him to do something intense, he would shake his hair out of his ponytail.

-- Michael knows that Max has a thing for Liz, but Max doesn't say anything. At one point, the two guys get into a fight with Max throwing a chair into a TV. Michael makes lewd comments about Liz to piss Max off. even though nothing remotely romantic happens between Michael and Liz.

-- Kyle is Liz's younger brother, who she has an intensely close relationship with. Valenti is her stepfather.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#117 M/L AU w/ Aliens

--What if someone caught the shooting and healing on camera?

--What if instead of Sheriff Valenti suspecting Max, the film was aired on National TV?

--What if the Special Unit of the FBI split into two units a long time ago after the initial interrogations of the crash survivors...

1) The first special unit headed by Pierce just like in the show, they believe all aliens are evil invaders and will do anything in there power to stop them. IE torture, experiments, discections

2) The second special unit believed what the first aliens told them, that there is a war coming to earth and the ship that crashed contained human alien hybrids who would defend the earth. That they were sent as a unit of four (ie Max/Tess, Michael/Isabel) that when united would have the power to stop the invasion the one day return to their homeworld and free it from the same invaders. But there was a backup plan, should part of the unit die or become separated or otherwise each member of the unit could select one human to transform to replace their mate.

--What if Max did this to Liz as he healed her?

--What if as a result members of the second special unit caught up to them in the alley and took Max, Liz, Isabel, and Michael into protective custody?

Challenge: Write the story!

I'd like to see some interplay between the two branches of the special unit (ie Pierce finding out that the other unit has the hybrids in custody and trying to get them for interrogation and torture etc.)

I'd also like to see how the parents and friends react to their children being taken.

And finally I'd like to see the Max, Liz, Michael and Isabel work together to defeat the evil aliens.

optionals:

You can have their be two sets and include the dupes if you want.

You can have Tess and Nasedo show up alive and Tess expecting to be with Max, but be too late if you want.

All couplings aside from Max/Liz are at your discression
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#118 AU w/ Aliens CC ALL

Ok I'm not sure if this could even be done but I'm sure one of the mods will tell me if the challenge is impossible...

I'd like this challenge done in a back and forth kind of format... IE

Prologue
Chapter 1
Interlerlude
Chapter 2
Interlude
etc.

The idea....

Prologue.... The Roswell gang uses the Granolith to not only travel back in time but also between dimensions... they travel to our universe and use their powers to take the writing staff for the show hostage.... then then they begin rewriting the show the way they would want it written

Chapters... The re-written scripts... these should be in script format like the fics at What Might Have Been or the transcripts at http://www.antarians.com/roswell/episodeguide.html or http://www.crashdown.com/episodes/

The interludes... these should be the characters discussing ideas of what should happen, what they liked what they didn't like, what should be changed and why etc. These I'd like to see in normal story format.
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

AU Without; M/L

This challenge is based on the novel Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (I highly suggest it for anyone who hasn't read it).

Liz moves from Roswell, NM to (small town in NE US, preferably on the coast) when her mother Nancy remarries a man. They, for whatever reason you wish, have to travel constantly, so Liz goes to Forks to live with her father, Jeff.

The town is cloudy, small town that gets minimal amounts of sunlight. At first, Liz hates the town, not accepting it for what it is. She wishes that it was more like Roswell, NM. She quickly becomes the target of many of the boys in her school, and makes friends with a group of people ( Alex, whomever you wish, so long as it's none of the below).

Her Biology partner, though, Max Evans, instantly draws her attention. And, coincidentially, he and his family are vampires.

Must have:
- The vampires in Forks are: Phillip (the fatherly figure; works at a hospital), Diane (the motherly figure), Tess & Kyle (mates; Tess is very aloof), Michael (Nicer than Kyle, yet still gruff. He can manipulate the emotions of those around him), and Isabel (can predict the future through dreams), and Max (can read mind [except Liz's] and heal people).
-The vampires CAN go out in sunlight, but under direct light, their skin sparkles and draws attention to them. This is why they live in such an overcast-prone city. On days when it is sunny, they don't go to school/work.
-The children all hold the facade of being teens, even though they are hundreds of years old. At school, they don't socialize with anyone but themselves and have excellent hearing, so much so that when they're speaking at lunch, no one can tell.
-Phillip is a doctor at the local hospital.
-None of the above vampires eat human blood. They've learned to 'hunt' for larger mammals, like bears. All of them (except Phillip and Diane) have the urge to drink human like their nature tells them to, but they manage to control their urges.
-Max finds himself drawn to the smell of Liz's blood. It's the sweetest thing he has ever smelled and it's a struggle for him to get through each Biology class without thinking of killing her for it.
-Max stays away until one day, somehow a car looses control in the school parking lot and almost smashes into Liz. Max uses his supernatural abilities to heal Liz enough to get her to the hospital.
-One thing leads to another and Max and Liz fall in love.
-Another group of vampires (that feast on human blood) comes to the town and one of the vampires makes it his goal to feast on Liz.

The story should be about Max and Liz trying to get through their species barrier and continue their love. Max hates that Liz is in love with him, and hates himself for loving Liz, because he believes that she should be able to love a normal human being. You decide if Liz ends up as a vampire or not. Backstory on how each became a vampire would be interesting, too.

You can decide if you want the other couples to be together, or if you even want Max and Liz to end up together or not.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#120 AU W/ Aliens M/L

Liz Parker is going to be a freshman at West Roswell High this year, she's the daughter of Nancy and Jeffery Parker, the owners of the Crashdown Cafe. She is extremely intelligent, she has plans to go to Harvard and study molecular biology. There's just one little thing that's a little bit off about her... When she was six she got an imaginary friend who's still around.

Max Evans is an alien... He and his sister had been found and adopted by the Evans, lawyers who lived in Albaquerky. During his time at the orphanage he met the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. She was there with her parents passing out Christmas gifts to the other children. Their eyes met and he formed a connection with her, they've been connected ever since.

She knows all about him, she knows he's an alien she can see it in his mind, they communicate with each other telepathically during their waking hours and they visit each other in their dreams. The two of them are very much in love. Fortunately or unfortunately for him however, Liz and everyone around her just thinks he's her imaginary friend, and he hasn't told anyone... not even Isabel about her.

So what happen now as the Evans decide to semi-retire and let their firm be run by their junior partners. The choose Roswell to move to because it's close enough that they can show up in an emergency but far enough that they won't be tempted to go in for every little thing.

Now Max and Liz are both going to be attending West Roswell high this fall and what's more... they're going to be lab partners first period.

How will Liz react to her imaginary Alien friend suddenly being real? How will Max react to finally being in the presence of the girl of his dreams? And how will their friends and family react?
Last edited by Zanity on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

AU - With Aliens: M/L

I’m not sure if this has been done before in a fic or an idea has been posted like this before but I had the thought so I felt I should share it and see what will happen.

So what would happen if instead of Max, Isabel, and Michael coming out of the pods that night together, it was Liz, Maria, and Alex that did instead.....

This is our families:

The Parkers:

Jeff and Nancy had a lot of trouble conceiving a child so they tried invitro fertilization and ended up with the must beautiful twin children they thought ever existed. They were Max Parker and Isabel Parker.

The DeLucas:
Amy is a single parent that got pregnant when she was young and gave birth to her son Michael DeLuca. They are very close mother and son. And he would do anything for his mom.

The Evans:
Well it was Liz and Maria that the Evans found on the side of the road that night and shortly there after decided to adopt them and make them their own. They thought it was fate because they couldn’t have children of their own and they’ve always wanted 2 little girls.

The methodology of the story is very different from Roswell we all know and love and that’s for you to decide how different.

While they were walking on that side of the road that faithful night Liz took Maria’s hand when they saw the headlights and Maria reached out for Alex but he was scared so he never took her hand. As a result they were separated. Alex either got adopted by Jim Valenti or Hank Guerin or the Whitmans, you decide. The 3 kids found each other again in grades school and knew they were different and knew they had to keep the secrete just between them.

Liz Evans loved science. She’s always involved in science stuff in school. She’s very smart. Well beyond her years. Not only does she have a passion for science but behind the scenes, even subconsciously while she was younger and just getting use to the world around her, she was always doing experiments to try and figure out who they are and where they come from. She’s track their development and powers from the time they were kids till they became teenagers and watch how advanced they have become. She thinks she’s really close to figuring things out or at least have a very good hunch. But is she really close?

Alex and Maria are just as smart as Liz but don’t feel the need to exercise it like she does by being involved in the sciences. They like to be more creative. Perhaps in music, together or separately. (You decide) Maria and Liz are very close. To the outside world they seem so different but they really are the same. Alex is kind of shy and keeps to himself but he would do anything for his girls.

Isabel and Max couldn’t be more different. They are always fighting. But Max never backs away from an opportunity to protect his sister. They and Michael are best friends since Kindergarten they do everything together. They are kind of like the trend setters in school though they really don’t care to be. Michael and Max are active in sports. You choose which one.

Max and Liz have secrete crushes on each other that has been going on since first day Liz Evans went to school and saw Max Parker sitting in the back of the class room. Something happens and Liz has to expose herself and Max sees. She’s always wanted him to know but worried he would never except her. They both thought they were out of each others league.

Key things that should/shouldn’t happen:

• Max and Liz get together and realize they aren’t so different after all
• and all our CC follow M/M, I/A
• it’s up to you whether or not you wanna bring in Kyle and whether you want Kyle to be the fourth Alien or even if there is a fourth alien. Remember you decide this new methodology.
• It’s up to you if you want Tess in there too. Perhaps you want it to be UC first and then end up being CC.
• All I want is a happy ending and even if perhaps, depending on what you decide it should be like, there is lots of angst a long the way, I hope they are all always together and working together.
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

# 122 - AU with Aliens

I'll keep this short and to the point. I was watching "Meet Joe Black" on TV tonight and the premise hit me. Here it is. Post-"Cry Your Name", Alex is alive because Death took his body to learn about humanity. As his teacher he selects Phillip Evans. Imagine Tess' consternation when Alex doesn't stay dead. Canon events after CYN can be totally or only somewhat AU, with the following provisos. CC couples. M/L, M/M, A/I. And ditch the darker elements. Angst is okay as long as you clean it up at the end, which...if you know the movie...is sort of bittersweet for all concerned.

Note: Do *not* adapt the events of the movie to the story, beyond the original premise and the principal event of the ending. Be creative. Be original.

Laters,
Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

#122 sounds interesting - I hope someone considers writing it
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

taken by myself
Last edited by nibbles2 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

#118, 120, 122, and 123 sound so good!

Has anyone snagged them yet?

Okay...steps back into lurkdom...Alizaleven, you're right it's not good to read challenges lol.
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy