Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

206#

All Human

M/L.M/M,A/I and K/T

Rating...whatever you want.

I got this idea from watching the movie Kate & Leopold

Liz Parker is a brilliant scientist working for a multimillion dollar research company.One late night in her lab Liz is working on her latest project and in some way accidentally opens a time portal.When all the clutter and smoke is cleared Liz is shocked to find that the portal has pulled four figures from the past and has not only deposited them into her present but right there in her lab.

Maxwell Evans

Isabel Evans

Michael Guerin

Tess Harding

Knowing her company would not only exploit her new discovery but the four time travelers as while,Liz has no choice but to secretly hide the four in her small apartment.

Ideas I had....

The group must be pulled from anywhere from the start of the 19th century or even further back.

Liz gets her three good friends Maria,Alex and Kyle to help her look after the four time travelers.The four introduce the other four to the new century.

Max and Tess have been betrothed by their parents since their birth.Both like each other as friends,seeing how they grew up together,but are not in love with one another.But their over bearing parents have left them little room and no choice but to go through with the wedding.

Being the only girls in their families Tess and Isabel are a tad spoiled.Use to having things their way and many a servants to get it for them.The two are a tad lost having to fend for themselves in this new world.

If you thought Michael was a pig headed male chauvinist now imagine what one from a few centuries in the past would be like.He and Maria...the modern woman...butt heads the second they meet.Of course you might call it foreplay as far as those two are concerned.

The group being fascinated over all the modern stuff.One of the group actually becomes a tv game show junkie.

After spending time and falling in love in this time will any of the four want to go back? If so will the one they've fallen in love with want to go back with them? Can Liz even find a way to send them back? Take up the challenge and let's find out.
Last edited by killjoy on Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Oh, that last one sounds funny.
Crusty Nut
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Crusty Nut »

Category: M/L AU no aliens

By far, an overwhelming majority of my favorite fictions on this forum are Max and Liz stories without aliens but still sticking to their characters on the show, and that's what I want for this story

I've always been a sucker for the best friend plot (Time Changes Everything, for instance!). So they're in tenth grade, just like when the show started, and this is when Kyle begins "courting" Liz. She likes him enough to hang out with and kiss and casually date, but there is something missing, and because she can't pinpoint what it is, she doesn't end anything with him.

Naturally, she talks about this with Max, her best friend, in great detail but neither can come to a solid conclusion...that is, until the father/child camping trip in Frasier Woods. Under some circumstance (ie Max peeing in the woods or wandering, whatever) he finds Liz and Kyle getting hot and heavy. He leaves unnoticed and the rest is up to you, writer, and your Max. What will he do with this knowledge.

But know this...anticipation is everything in these stories!

WRITE ON!
"These words consume her but they never set her free."

Read my new fic, Through the Darkness to the Light
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

# 208

AU fic with aliens. CC, A/I, M/M, M/L, T/Mr Hollywood guy

Summary : Tess isn't evil. No Max and Tess. Instead of going to Sweden, Alex went to London where he stayed for a few years. It was there that he was "discovered" with his group. He is now a world known rock star, dating the most beautiful women on Earth, touring with his group.

Isabel and Tess started their own PR company in San Francisco. Tess decides that they need a "coup", so she "mindwarps" her way to Alex (I mean by that that she uses her powers to approach Alex who is surrounded by journalists, body guards, people working for him, not that she mindwarps him), in order to make him a business proposition. Alex, even though he is wary of people who always want something from him, doesn't want to let down a friend so he accepts to go to SF and discuss this with Tess and her partner.

BUT Isabel is taken by surprise by Tess's latest coup and is having a hard time dealing with this new Alex, who is stalked by the medias, who has groupies throwing themselves at him in the street, who is dating actresses from Hollywood and top models. In fact, she is jealous and not used to this role reversal. She'll have to overcome her own temper and to conquer Alex.

Tess will meet one of Alex's best friend, a famous actor who is in his 30's. The ex-queen of Antar is quite disturbed in front of this guy, to the point of being a blushing and clumsy idiot, who bickers with the guy she is attracted to.

Michael and Maria are living in the artistic comunity of San Francisco. They are living together. Their storyline is up to you.

Max and Liz have decided to get married and to move to San Francisco to be closer to their friends.

Kyle, much to everyone's surprise, has become a shaolin priest. He has found his calling in martial arts, yoga, helping others. He is the tower of strength of the group, the one everyone goes to to talk, confide, or ask advices. He is single.

Must have :

- Michael and Maria finding Tess's love story with Mr Hollywood guy quite funny, and keep giving advices to Tess, because they are exactly like Tess and Mr Hollywood guy

- Alex inviting Maria to sing with his group, during a repetition, in an empty concert hall, and asking her if she wants him to introduce her to producers because she is talented. Maria answering no, that she is happy with her life and he is the first to know that there is a Deluca-Guerin baby on the way,

- Liz adopting a dog who is a little terror,

- Alex still being a close friend to Liz and Maria.

PS : check out Nibbles's fic "Gold diggers", on the AU board without alien. I would like each couple to have a storyline, like in her fic, even if there's a stronger focus on Alex and Isabel and Tess and her Hollywood guy,

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Stargazer's Delight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stargazer's Delight »

Challenge taken and moved to Here
Last edited by Stargazer's Delight on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

210#

I was watching Species late one night and this idea came to me.

AU WITH ALIENS
Any Rating is fine

M/L,M/M,K/T AND A/I

Some how a top research/gov't lab got it's hands on a sample of alien DNA.Over several failed attempts to bond it with human DNA they're finally able to create a alien/human hybrid.They give their new creation a simple human name.....Max.

Being an alien/human hybrid Max is more advanced than all other humans.He's stronger,faster,can heal faster,his senses are all more advanced than ours....and anything else you might want to add.

Liz is a brilliant scientist in charge of the lab that created Max.The fact she's the youngest one there has caused some negative feelings amongst jealous coworkers but Liz's results and her IQ speak for itself.Liz believes in science and nothing else.Science is her religon.Poor Liz doesn't see anything wrong in what she's doing in creating and enslaving Max.She sees it as only science.She has the train of thought that science can't be stopped and if she didn't do it/create it than someone else would have anyway.But slowly over time begans to see the error of her ways.

Liz spends lots of time with Max studing him and so forth.Over time she falls in love with him and must some how find a way to help him escape the lab.

MUST HAVES

When created Max grows at a faster rate making him go from a baby to a full grown adult in just weeks.

The lab has some way to keep the stronger,faster and smarter Max under control.A microchip bomb in his body that will explode and kill him,missing an important enzyme in his body that the lab has to inject or he'll die type of deal....something that keeps him under control and under their thumb.

In this story Isabel can't be Max's sister.She can still have the Evans last name or you can give her a whole new one.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

snapped up, I mean taken, by Dreamweaver.
Last edited by nibbles2 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

OK nibbles.....I want #211 lol I am going to PM you......
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
ana julia
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ana julia »

M/L

Maybe I'm missing angst and drama too much.
Ok, this is inspired in a book I’ve recently finished reading, “Escape”.
It’s about a married woman (Liz in our case) who feels absolutely tied up in a routine marriage with two children so one day she decides to leave everything behind and starts a romance, cheating her husband in the midtime.
The book finishes when she comes back to her husband, and I thought it should be interesting to start this challenge right from that moment.

In the last scene she comes home after finishing her affair, crying and her husband, who knows everything, tells her something like "Come here, no one knows you as much as I do".

Is anybody interested?

We could enlarge it and season it a little bit.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

213#

M/L,M/M,A/I AND K/T

Any Rating Will Work But Naughty Is Better.

When Alex,Kyle,Liz,Maria and Jim are killed(how they die is up to you) the four members of the Pod Squad are devastated.Max because his deep love for Liz.Michael and Isabel for they were pushing Alex and Maria away at the time and now feel guilty.And Tess for she didn't have a clue at how much Kyle meant to her until he was gone and how much Jim was a dad to her.

The four hybrids are depressed living life day to day with no happy thoughts for the future.That is until Max gets his hands on Liz's journal.In it Liz wrote the whole story of future Max and how he time traveled.Now the gang are desperate to reproduce Future Max's actions.They ignore everything and focus their time and powers on trying to figure out how to make the Granolith time travel.

Of course they do letting the four hybrids to go back and save the ones they love and change their present not to mention the future.

MUST HAVES

Kyle,Alex and Maria shocked and at a complete loss why Tess,Isabel and Michael are so attached to them and crying when the aliens first see them after coming back in time.

Isabel and/or Tess going ballastic on a group of jocks when she over hears them talking trash about the four humans after their deaths.

A scene after the deaths where a sad Tess is sitting on the Valenti sofa in the dark all alone.

Max and Isabel's parents being concerned over why their kids are suddenly never around,missing school,grades slipping...etc..(this is during the time when the aliens are spending all their time trying to make the Granolith a time machine)

CAN HAVES BUT DON'T HAVE TO BE IN THE STORY.

A heartless Pam Troy hits on Max and/or Michael just days after Liz and Maria's death.

Isabel and Max's parents making them go to the shrink again.