Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Alternate Universe Challenges

Post by nibbles2 »

Set in an olde worlde, fantasy time with a Pygmalion twist.

Max is a prince and heir to the kingdom of wherever. He has reached the age where it's time for him to choose a wife. But as the heir to the kingdom of wherever choosing a wife is no simple matter. It's a complex and difficult matter involving negotiations and treaties. Should he marry a princess from another kingdom? But that would upset the nobles of his own kingdom. Should he marry the daughter or a nobleman? But then he would be upsetting the other noblemen. If he marries a girl from that kingdom then the other kingdom will get suspicious and feel snubbed.

Then of course the girl in question has to be a lot of things - beautiful, graceful, kind, intelligent and educated but not too smart, accomplished, polite, come from a well connected and rich family, know her place and is virginal.

It's difficult to find the right girl. And things like love and compatibility don't come into it.

To take Max's mind of these matters, his cousin Michael takes him out on the town one night. Michael is a soldier in an elite regiment and he knows how to have a good time. He takes him to a bar and Max gets stonking drunk.

And wakes up the next morning married to a coarse, vulgar, illiterate, rude, far from virginal woman named Liz.

Liz is poor - grew up in a orphanage, lived on the streets, never been to school or owned a pair of new shoes type of poor. She's smart but she's never learned to read or write. She's kind but she's also rude, impolite and cheeky.

She's also a con woman and conned Max into marrying her. She thought he was rich but didn't realize exactly who he was.

The marriage is legal and worse - consummated. Max's family are appalled at what happened but they don't believe in divorce so they have no choice but to acknowledge the marriage. It becomes public before the royal family can hush it up and get rid of Liz. So she and Max are stuck together.

At the start, neither of them are happy about it. Max is horrified by Liz's behavior and knows he has failed his duty to his kingdom. Liz is disgusted by Max, she think he's a wimp compared to the men she knows. Gradually they fall in love.

Now the task is to groom Liz into a princess. She gets lessons from Max’s sister everyday but the main responsibility falls to Maria. She is appointed as Liz’s ‘Lady in waiting’. But really her job is to always be at Liz’s side and to tell her what to say, how to act, what to wear and to prevent Liz from bringing any further embarrassment to the royal family.

Michael – as punishment for getting Max involved in the mess in the first place is demoted and appointed Liz’s bodyguard. But it turns out, it’s probably a good thing as there are a lot of people out to get Liz. (There are some people who want Max single so he can marry their daughter, there are other’s who are loyal to the crown and who believe that Liz is a national embarrassment and want to get rid of her.) Naturally he falls for Maria.

That's just the general idea, you're free to add or subtract whatever you like. There are one or two other optional extras that I didn't mention here, pm me if you're interested.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

taken by Rowedog.
Last edited by nibbles2 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Nibbles, that last challenge sounds like the kind of story that you could write. Lack of time on your side? Because that latest challenge is really great. If you don't write it, I hope someone else will.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

nibbles, I love 246, I really hope somebody takes it.
Banner by Evelyn
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

247#

My Stepmother The Alien

AU With Aliens
Any Rating Is Fine
K/T,M/L.M/M and A/I

For once everything in Tess's life is going great.She has a wonderful job,she's making a good chunk of money and she's just married a wonderful guy(Kyle) that she loves very much.Well there might be one little snafu in Tess's fairytale life....she hasn't quite found a way to tell her new husband that she's part alien.And to make matters worse Tess's new stepdaughter has come to the conclusion that there is something not quite right with her new step mom and she's determined to find out what it is.

So now not only does Tess have to find a why to tell Kyle she's half alien but she's got to keep her stepdaughter from finding it out first.

What happened to Kyle's first wife....divorce,wife left the family...it's up too you.

The age and name of Tess's new stepdaughter is up too you.

REQUIREMENTS

Max,Michael and Isabel are aliens also who came to Earth with Tess.They have meetings to discuss with Tess the best way to tell Kyle about her heritage.The other three have already told their significant others about their alien back ground.

Kyle's daughter finds out before Kyle does.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

248* A Roswell version of Grease.

AU All Human
Any rating is fine
M/L,M/M,A/I and K/T

This is a song fic story with the people in the story breaking into song skits.

Liz is not from Roswell and has never visited or been there.Her family is forced to move there one fall and take over the Crashdown from her grandmother after the woman gets to old to run it.Now normally Liz would be upset over having to leave her beach front town to move out in the middle of no where.But right now her head is in the clouds because she just spent the last few days of her summer back home with a wonderful boy that she fell madly in love with.

Guess her shock when one day at school she runs into said boy(Max) in the hallways but he's not the sweet romantic boy she knew.

Just like in the movie Max has little gang of friends....Michael,Kyle,Alex...you can add more if need be
Liz also has a small gang she's around....Isabel,Maria,Tess and Serina.

In the story I'd love to see a version of these two scenes from the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKMbcm_Yo6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj0QLBth ... re=related
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

249# TAKEN BY CandyDreamQueen

I'm basing this challenge some of the tv show McLeod's Daughters and One Tree Hill

AU...no aliens

Any rating is fine

M/L,K/T,M/M and A/I

Liz goes into shock when her parents are killed in a car accident.She goes into even more shock at the reading of the will when she finds out that her father has left half of her inheritance...not to mention half interest in the Crashdown...to someone called Tess Harding.But the ultimate shock for Liz comes when she finds out that Tess Harding is in fact her half sister.

Turns out many years ago before her birth Liz's parents went through a separation period. During this separation Jeff Parker took up with another woman.But when his wife told him she was pregnant....Liz Jeff dropped everything to go back to her and that included the new woman he was with at the time.But what he had no clue of knowing was that the woman he left was also pregnant wtih his child.....Tess.Years later Jeff found out about Tess but was to scared that if he tried to involve himself into Tess's life he might anger his wife and lose her and Liz.So Jeff never told anyone he had another daughter out there...but he did make provisions for her in his will.

Tess has no clue what to expect when she comes to Roswell.She is in need of some money fast and all she wants is to take her inheritance,sell the tourist trap restaurant she now co-owns and hit the road.But there's only one problem...it seems that her sister....and yes that is a shock to Tess...doesn't want to sell the restaurant that was left to them.Nope it seems Liz is very firm in not only keeping her share of the restaurant but she wants to run it too.So now Tess is stuck in a hard place.No one is interested in buying her share of the restaurant seeing how it's only a half share and her new sister can't raise the money to buy back Tess's half from her.

So now Tess is stuck in Roswell,forced to delve into the life of running a restaurant and getting to know her new sister.

REQUIREMENTS

The cultural differences in the two sisters.Liz has never left Roswell and is up every morning at the crack of dawn trying to get the Crashdown up and running. While Tess grew up in a big famous city,has been everywhere,is a night owl and dosen't like to get up before noon

Tess is forced to live above the Crashdown with Liz,putting the two in close quarters with one another.

Michael is still a cook at the Crashdown.He and Tess hit it off while spending time there and become friends...just friends...this makes Maria mad.Maria sees this as Michael being a untrue friend to Liz and she gives him an ear full for it.

Ever since school LIz has been in love with Max Evans but has never gotten the guts to tell him or do anything about it.Max is one of Liz's friends and he thinks she's great but he has no clue that she's in love with him.Over time when they get closer Tess helps Liz snag Max and make him hers.

In the end both Liz and Tess become close sisters...with a Max/Liz and Kyle/Tess happy ending.
Last edited by killjoy on Wed May 07, 2008 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

I would like to take challege 249 :D

<<<Candice>>>
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

CandyDreamQueen wrote:I would like to take challege 249 :D

<<<Candice>>>

It's yours :D
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

250#

AU All Human
Any rating is fine
K/T,M/L,M/M and A/I

Back during high school Tess Harding and Kyle Valenti were the worst of enamies.She was a classy school brain.He was an air head over sexed jock.They clashed over everything and their arugments were the stuff of legends at Roswell High.

Think Michael/Maria fights without the sexual tension.

Much to Tess's disgust even outside of school she couldn't get away from Kyle,due to the fact that she was such good friends with Kyle's stepsister Maria and that threw her and Kyle together even more.So graduation day was one of Tess most fondest memories as she left Roswell for college and left Mr Pain In My Ass Kyle Valenti for good.....well maybe not for good.

For it's now years later and Tess is back in Roswell for the first time since she left.Why she's back.....a wedding,ten year class reunion...is up too you.Tess can't wait and is hoping to see everyone again....well all but one person that is.But when Tess and Kyle finally meet again.Tess is shocked.

Gone is the over sexed jock and in his place is a calm,thoughtful and considerate Buddhist.Tess can't believe her eyes the more she's around this new Kyle and much to her shock she finds herself attracted to him.But is it enough for her to get by their past and stay in Roswell with him?

Needs to be a scene where Kyle tells Tess what it was that made him change...a near brush with death,a battle with cancer...something that made him change from the way he was in high school into a Buddhist.