Songs in Fics

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Songs in Fics

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Those of you who read my fics should know that i use songs in almost all of them. So, I was just wondering, who actually reads the song lyrics? Not just in my fics, but in all of them, cause my sister usually doesn't, I do, and I was wondering who else did or didn't.

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

Hmm. I read them sometimes. If I already know the song, I skip the lyrics a lot of times. Sometimes if there are too many, I skip them. But most of the time, I read them because the author thought it fit the mood and I'm always looking for good songs!
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

I usually read them, but I don't read a lot of fics that have lyrics stuck in the middle of parts, really. For the lyrics to actually be in the body of a part, I always feel like it needs to have a reason for being there, as in, it's a song the characters in the story are actually hearing/singing. For "mood-setter" lyrics, I'd much rather read them at the beginning of a part than in the actual body.
Queen Fee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Queen Fee »

Hmm, I tend to only read lyrics of songs i know, if i don't know them i skip through them cos i can't really picture the lyrics as a song with a melody etc. I hope that makes sense!x
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I rarely read them.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

I never read them. It's sad but it's true - I just dont have the patience to read all the lyrics. But, saying that, I'm guilty for using song lyrics. hehe.
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

I always skip them, but if it's a song I know I imagine it playing in my head as I read. I've only ever included one song and it was integral to the story apart from that they are usually superfluous.
Banner by Evelyn
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

I tend to skip over them too, particularly if the lyrics posted are by a band/artist I despise (which happens more often than not, I'm super fussy about my music).
it's better to rise than fade away.
Amelia
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Amelia »

[/img] I read them. I think they can really help to get the emotions of the characters across.
Amelia
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Amelia »

It's me again. Now, to be completely truthful sometimes I do not read all of the song. I tend to get catch up in the moment and I can not wait to read the next part ...so I skip the song. However, if I do not already know the song I will go back to read it. :D