It's nano season again - who's writing a Roswell novel?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

I was soo excited about doing this and then suddenly I also recieved the gify of a life!!! What the crap :lol: $5 says come Dec 1st I'll be bored out of my mind. :wink:

I need some inspirational music, What do you like to listen to when your writing? :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

FaithfulAngel24 wrote:I was soo excited about doing this and then suddenly I also recieved the gify of a life!!! What the crap :lol: $5 says come Dec 1st I'll be bored out of my mind. :wink:

I need some inspirational music, What do you like to listen to when your writing? :D
. . . isn't funny how fate works like that? At halfway through the month, my word count is just now getting to 8,000. . . . And Thanksgiving break won't give me anymore time to write, because I'll be home surrounded by family and friends (and boyfriend) and ugh.

But yeah, the music thing. Ummm, mostly I listen to stuff that reminds me of my story. For instance,

We Didn't Start the Fire Billy Joel
A Thousand Years Sting
Dangerous Game 3 Doors Down
The Boys of Summer Don Henley
Only the Good Die Young Billy Joel

But songs that I find to be just generally inspiring are:

Vienna Billy Joel
The River of Dreams Billy Joel (noticing a trend?)
Children of Eve Linda Eder
The Logical Song Supertramp
Let Me Fall Cirque du Soleil
100 Years Five for Fighting

I also listen to musicals that remind me of whatever scene I'm trying to write. Like, when my main character gets mobbed by revolutionaries, I play Madame Guillotine from The Scarlet Pimpernel. Or just in general for my main character's scenes No One Knows Who I Am from Jekyll & Hyde.

I have bizarre taste in music.
<center>My Stories
</center>
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Wow, that is a vast selection. Thanks I'm going to download and burn it to cd. I need some extra inspiration for my next chapter. It's a love scene and while I feel I do rather well with the lovey dovey parts I tend to sort of freeze up when it comes to using physical descriptions for events. I don't want to seem too graphic. Hmm. :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

So how are you all going? Do you think you'll all finish by the 30th?

I had to pull out in the end, I tried to write while I was travelling but it wasn't going to work. So I'm going to do NaNo in January!
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

lazza wrote:So how are you all going? Do you think you'll all finish by the 30th?

I had to pull out in the end, I tried to write while I was travelling but it wasn't going to work. So I'm going to do NaNo in January!
I did INCREDIBLY well, I can hardly believe it! Just came to the end of the storyline I had in mind, and I'm something like 97-98k! So I'm going to try to put in some insert scenes and get past 100k like that.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

:shock: WOW! Chrisk....you show off. :wink: Well, congrats!!

SHI
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

It's that time again. :wink:
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Hey! I'm doing well - around 6500 words, but I'm not doing Roswell this time around. I'm working on a weird fantasy story in an alternative universe. :)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Hopeless Romantic »

I think I might do NaNo again...I've written 4675 words so far, but haven't really decided if I'm in it or not. Glad to see you all are doing it! I missed you guys last year!

Hopefully I'll finally finish what I started two years ago... :roll:
<center>

</center>
Jo Harvelle
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jo Harvelle »

Even though it's already the middle of November I'm going to try to do this. I love to write and I do it a lot so I should have no trouble getting it, at least I hope I don't.
Jo.