It's nano season again - who's writing a Roswell novel?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Hopeless Romantic wrote:I just got a new puppy (picture below!) and I'm not going to my morning class because I don't want to leave her alone so we'll be chilling in my bed.
I did that when I got my puppy too. She wouldn't sleep so I stayed up all night with her.

Chrisken wrote:Well, I'm doing well so far. 4080 words and counting, for my new fic
Aww.... and I thought I was doing well with me 773 words. Good starting it off on a good foot!

Evelynn
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Evelynn wrote: Aww.... and I thought I was doing well with me 773 words. Good starting it off on a good foot!

Evelynn
Thanks Evelynn!

I've been experimenting with a limited 3rd person POV in this fic so far... everything described is what Max could see or hear, or what Max himself was thinking. Not sure if I'm going to go through the entire story that way, (since that'd keep me from showing much of alex/isabel or michael/maria alone time,) but it's an interesting way to approach the project as a whole.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Zanity wrote:Well the fic I'm doing for nano starts up with Max coming out of his pod. So while the Roswell Audience may have an advantage. It's a natural starting point for any work of fiction so someone just coming in and reading it wouldn't feel completely lost as they go through. And I definately plan to keep it that way.

AWWW! That's the fic that I'm writing! :o
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

isabelle wrote:
Zanity wrote:Well the fic I'm doing for nano starts up with Max coming out of his pod. So while the Roswell Audience may have an advantage. It's a natural starting point for any work of fiction so someone just coming in and reading it wouldn't feel completely lost as they go through. And I definately plan to keep it that way.

AWWW! That's the fic that I'm writing! :o
lol.... Somehow I think it's going to be ok, that's a starting point that can go in so many direction I doubt we have the same plot in mind. ;)

If you're interested I've got my teaser posted at my nano page

http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=158872
Blue*Soul
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Blue*Soul »

Hey, my fellow Nano'sters? :shock:

3, 297 baby!

But now I'm taking a much needed break :lol:

My fic is AU with Aliens and so venturing a little into new territory for me...
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Blue*Soul wrote:Hey, my fellow Nano'sters? :shock:

3, 297 baby!

But now I'm taking a much needed break :lol:

My fic is AU with Aliens and so venturing a little into new territory for me...
OOooooo.... you're going to let us read it, right?

Evelynn
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Hey all!!!

I'm missing all the NaNo fun, damn different timezones and working full time! I have a fantablous 4 day weekend starting in, 9 hours which I'm planning on writing at least 10,000 words during, fingers crossed!!!

Keep on writing!

Oh and I need a new theme song :wink:
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

I hear ya Lazza :(. Plus I go home this weekend so don't see much writing getting done then either... I'm thinking this is going to be a major uphill struggle *sigh* not to mention the fact that I don't know what to write...a fanfiction is again looking very appealing right now lol.

Kat
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Just to wish you guys good luck and great inspiration for this upcoming month!!!

I'm not writing a nano novel just because the sole idea of writing six pages a day makes my heart skip a beat and my anxiousness levels go sky high, but I'm certainly encouraging anyone who has the skill :D Heck, I'm glad when I can write six pages a week! :shock:

GOOD LUCK!!!

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

Just signed up today...

There's no way I will actually make the 50k goal but what the hey...I'll try it anyway... :wink:

SHI