Stranger than fanfiction...fanfic chads.

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Stranger than fanfiction...fanfic chads.

Post by killjoy »

nibbles2 wrote:
Sin wrote:
nibbles2 wrote:Ever notice when Liz is described as having legs that go on forever?
Since we are talking about physical descriptions by some authors can I just say i don't get where this description of Tess with huge breasts came from? The way this comes up and the many times I've read the description one would think that she had the biggest breast of the cast or something when Emile simply doesn't have that body type. I guess size is subjective but it still seems kind of weird to me the way it persists. She's a beautiful girl, but I don't get the description. She's not even as big as Isabel/Katherine was but this is constantly been used to describe her.
They're not huge, but she has a pretty nice set of knockers for a girl who is so petite.
Would you believe I've never noticed that.....ohhh yeah uh huh never noticed them.......... :oops:....and if you believe that I got a bridge I'd like to sell you. :lol:
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

One that's always irked me is when the gang talk about going to the pod chamber and refer to it as Vasquez Rocks. Vasquez Rocks are in California, not the New Mexican desert. It was the pod chamber and then the granolith chamber and was never given an official title.
Banner by Evelyn
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

Geek alert :lol:

The rock formation was given a name, but you'd never know unless you are a total Roswell geek like me. It was mentioned among the info given on the Roswell soundtrack - Maideckizne Rocks.

Although, it is so obscure, probably no one would know what you were talking about if you used it in a story. :lol:

For anyone interested, I've listed this and plenty of other obscure Roswell info on my Roswell Archive. :wink:
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

RoswellOracle wrote:Geek alert :lol:

The rock formation was given a name, but you'd never know unless you are a total Roswell geek like me. It was mentioned among the info given on the Roswell soundtrack - Maideckizne Rocks.

Although, it is so obscure, probably no one would know what you were talking about if you used it in a story. :lol:
Very cool. The information is out there now so there's no excuse for anybody to use Vasquez Rocks again unless the characters are in California and go to see the rocks that bear a remarkable similarity to the Maideckizne Rocks.
Banner by Evelyn
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

The twins phenomenon. No matter what the couple, there are a surplus of fics where the girls are pregnant with twins.

Bonding/Imprinting - Especially with fics placed on Antar; Mates are bonded for life. And its done in a way where neither party has control over who they bond with. It happens and it cannot be reverse and its permanent. << I'm always on the fence about this, mainly because I think love is strong enough by itself that it does not need a psychical bond to tie your couple together. Of course you can look the idea of bonding in several perspectives...and sometimes, it makes for a good story as well as allows the author to probe a deeper understanding of the feelings each person has for the other...but regardless I like the idea of love being its freest and strongest when there is nothing tying you to the other person other than love itself.

For Alex/Isabel stories...I see a bunch where she has infertility problems for some reason.

In about 90 % of all the Candy fics I've read that is AU without aliens. Michael is always a ladies man, but one that only uses women as sex objects until Maria walks into the picture.
Sin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sin »

Sundae wrote:In about 90 % of all the Candy fics I've read that is AU without aliens. Michael is always a ladies man, but one that only uses women as sex objects until Maria walks into the picture.
This happens in lots of AU Dreamer stories too. Where Max is a ladies man and he sleeps with any and everything that moves until he sees/has a relationship with Liz and the behavior just stops. But I would say that trope isn't so much specific to just Roswell.

I have another chad or is this canon? Max loves Liz hair?
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

Sin wrote: I have another chad or is this canon? Max loves Liz hair?
It's kinda canon although in the show no one made a comment about it (or i don't remember)
by making fanarts and animations about them I noticed that 90% of the times when they're together he always caress her hair especially when they kiss or they make out but also in other scenes like in the pilot for example. He often pushes a stray piece of hair behind her ear even when it's not necessary, he can't help it, it seems an automatic gesture lol
You also have the reference from Heat wave when their first kiss happened and he said "I'm gonna have to touch your hair...cuz it's so soft"
so i think that the idea that Max loves her hair is more canon than fanon although some ff make him too obsessed about it and this can be a chad :lol:
i think that this is an example of those things that are canon but they're exaggerated in some fanfictions
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts