Round Robin

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Round Robin

Post by sprayadhesive »

When I'm writing fics, I often have one really good, strong idea and sort of get lost and muddled along the way. This is where this idea comes from.

I think it might be fun to pick a challenge from a challenge thread (or pick a new one entirely) and then write a story in turns. If you want to write the story, post that you want to in this thread. Then, in the order that you sign up, you're responsible for continuing the story. Just one part... nothing more, nothing less. We can figure out how to post them all on one thread (right now I'm thinking everyone PM them to the story's beginner so he/she can post them with credit to the proper author and make it easier on the Mods to prune)

The order would continue through until the entire challenge was fulfilled.

Would anyone be up for this?

This way, you can write a story and, basically, have it write itself.

I think it's neat.
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Round Robin

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

*jumps up and down* This sounds like a really awesome idea. Like the true OCD freak I am, though, I have a few questions...

1) Depending on how much interest we get in the story, what would happen if we had less than ten authors/more than twenty-five sign up? If we got through all the writers and the fic was still far from complete, would we do another round of sign-ups or just start going through the list all over again? What if we got too many authors? How would we make sure everyone got a chance to write?

2) Are we going completely old school RPG mode for this, as in, no set outline (except the challenge text) and have each chapter be a surprise to everyone but the author? Or would it be a little more structured -- maybe have all the writers at least agree on a general direction they want the fic to go in?

3) Would it all be written in one format (a first-person Michael POV versus, say, a general third-person style), or would each author get to switch it up when their chapter came around?

Now that I've had my small Liz Parker Freakout :lol: , can I please be signed up?

Oh, and to start the challenge suggestions: Zanity's 'Let the Games Begin' challenge on the CC thread (link here: http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... a&start=50 - at the bottom of the page) sounds like a really great idea for a Round Robin fic.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

This sounds like fun guys! I'd love to join in on the fun :D
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

I haven't written anything in ages because I don't have the time but this sounds easy. I can do a chapter.

Do we chose a challenge and follow an agreed story line or should each chapter be up to the individual author? Is it focused one couple or all?
Banner by Evelyn
cassie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cassie »

I'd also be interested in this. Sounds like a great idea.
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

I think it should have really loose restrictions. Everyone should get to pick which format they'd like to write in, etc. And yes, if we went through every volunteered author and the story wasn't resolved, we would go back through it (though, of course, an author could opt out of doing it the additional times. No one's going to force you to write!).

That challenge sounds fine to me. It could get crazy, though, trying to keep up with all of that!

Does anyone have any other ideas? I'm open for really anything.