When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Katcin Lee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Katcin Lee »

Hey, anybody know how many kids Max healed in the Christmas Episode? And about how old did they look? Sydney was, what, eleven? Or something like that...

Thanks in advance,

Kat
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

All right, I'm back with another question. :oops:

Was it ever mentioned where Nasedo and Tess were BEFORE they came to Roswell after Michael set off the alert in BD?

hugs, Linds
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

Tess says that she has move around alot but I don't think she ever mentions a specific place. Her school records confirm this, Liz jealously reads out her grade averages from several schools in four square. Nacedo was already in Roswell BEFORE Michael sent the signal. He had already tried to contact them in Into the Woods and at the end of BD Nacedo burns a photograph of Max, Isabel and Michael which clearly shows that the he had located and identified them before Blind date. In the White room Tess says that Nacedo has never left her alone for so long before so presumably she was in Roswell with him or some place close by waiting for him to bring her to Roswell. But then again we've learned not to take everything she says as 100% true.
Banner by Evelyn
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Katcin Lee wrote:Hey, anybody know how many kids Max healed in the Christmas Episode? And about how old did they look? Sydney was, what, eleven? Or something like that...

Thanks in advance,

Kat
2 boys, 3 girls, and Sydney was 5 years old.
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
TaffyCat
Addicted Roswellian

Post by TaffyCat »

Ladeia3 wrote:I went looking to see if I could find out how tall the actresses/actors were. This is what I found. (btw.. these were all found using google.com and going to various sites that came up. I do not claim these numbers are their real heights only what is commonly listed on various sites.)

Shiri Appleby 5'3"
Katherine Heigl 5'9"
Emilie De Raven (most sites list her as unknown but one site listed her as 5'4" but I have no idea if that is correct or not.)
Majandra Delfino 5'4"

Jason Behr 6'0"
Brendan Fehr 6'2" (Although some sites list him as just 6' or 6'1")
Colin Hanks 6'1"
Nick Weschler 5'7"

I don't know if the characters they played were supposed to be a different height or not.
Many (most-?) actors add a bit to their height. I thought Shiri was about 5'1" with EDR a bit taller, and Majandra around 5'5" or so, but I'm just guessing.

Also, no way does JB make it to 6'. Hubby is just a tad over 6', and no way was JB as tall as hubby when I was standing next to him. Since his height had been discussed before I was very much aware of it when I met him. I'd say 5'10"-5'11" and I'm being generous.
Though I have no problem believing BF is about 6'2", and Colin at 6'1". Those guys are tall.

Also many online sites, such as IMDB, rely on submissions from fans for their information, so nothing there can be taken as gospel.
Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

Hell, I hope I'm putting this in the right place. Apologies in advance if not.

Is there anything official on what Antar looks like? IIIRC, I've read a few fics giving it a golden sky and golden water, but I'm lost on this one. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Absence of proof is not proof of absence
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Shinigami wrote:Hell, I hope I'm putting this in the right place. Apologies in advance if not.

Is there anything official on what Antar looks like? IIIRC, I've read a few fics giving it a golden sky and golden water, but I'm lost on this one. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Umm, no, really don't think there's anything in the canon... let your inspiration run wild.

One thing I'll throw in as a personal comment though... are you talking about how it looks from space or how it looks when you're actually somewhere on the planet. Because NO planet should look the same all over when you're actually up close... maybe general tints to the sky and the major ocean, but think of how much variety there is even with that on earth. Too many writers seem to always make a planet look the same all over... or at least that's the cliche. Mix it up a little!! :)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Shinigami wrote:Hell, I hope I'm putting this in the right place. Apologies in advance if not.

In the memory retrieval sessions that Max and Tess did, Max noted that there were 3 moons that were a burnt orange in colour. Also the water was very heavy, a jellylike consistency, and crimson as per Larek's leakage into Brody in Off the Menu:
BRODY: Dimaras rock. I couldn’t remember before but the name just came to me. Dimaras, after the third moon. That’s where you two first met. You must remember? Dimaras rock, it juts out over the water. Ah, I can see it so clearly. The moon hanging over the horizon, (Tess closes her eyes, remembering) And the color of the water…crimson red. I was there with you before you were king.
(from crashdown.com)

So the water is red, and the moonlight would be golden. No indication on the actual terrain, other than it has rocks. :lol:
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Tasyfa wrote: So the water is red, and the moonlight would be golden. No indication on the actual terrain, other than it has rocks. :lol:
hugs, Tas
Okay, so I missed the crimson red water from 'Off the menu'

That sounded like it was something specific about the location and not indicative of oceans all over the planet. (Maybe they're different shades of red.)

Also... I don't believe Brody mentioned anything about what planet Dimaras rock was on. Since Larek is established as a native of (and ruler of) another planet near Antar, it strikes me as possible that Zan and Ava could have met on Brody's home planet, or some other world nearby. I admit that's a little unlikely though as Zan and Ava were both Antarian - probably Larek was staying with Zan for an extended visit or a fostering.

Considering that Tess deceived Max about so much else, I don't think the 'memory retrieval sessions' are considered to be very accurate sources of information about life on Antar. (Also because a lot of the stuff just sounded so stupid. ;) )

$0.02 worth, as always.

PS where did you get the rocks from, from the cliffhanger flashes and dreams?? Was that supposed to be Antar, instead of Michael and Isabel projecting a landscape they were familiar with (to a certain extent.)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

If you're thinking of the flashes of them in a desert seeing the symbols, I don't think that was from Antar. It looks a lot like the area in the desert where the group often met to have discussions.

As far as the moons from the memory retrieval sessions, I think those can be considered accurate. Tess would have no reason to deceive Max about that, unless, of course, she was making it up. Perhaps Nacedo fed her flashes, but we would have no way of knowing just how much Nacedo twisted Tess.

Hope that helps.
Absence of proof is not proof of absence