When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by Chrisken »

CandyDreamQueen wrote:Hi everyone. Here is my question.

Did Courtney have a last name? If so, what was it? I feel like I should know for some reason, like they said it on the show, but I can’t think of anytime when they did. Thanks a lot

<<<Candice>>>
No, I'm pretty sure it was never said out loud on the show. IMDB credits Sara Downing as "Courtney Banks", which may be off-base, or it might be based on a freeze-frame moment, (from when Michael was spying on her?), a script, or a press release.

I don't know that using that last name is considered 'de rigeur' in fanfic, though. At least once, I decided that the name didn't fit what I wanted to do with Courtney and dubbed her 'Courtney Brooks', which was a nod to Sara's "Smallville" appearance, where her character was Jessie Brooks.

Hope that this helps.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Thanks a lot.

I still can’t think of a time when they used it, but Banks does sound really familiar.

Thanks again.

<<<Candice>>>
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by simplyshiny »

This is kinda a dumb question, but does we know the names of the other planets in Antar's star system?
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Mamma Mia! Michael and Maria!
Watch my Candy Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D719jj_1eg
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
http://www.ovarian.org/
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

no we does not. :(
Banner by Evelyn
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Speaking of planets in Antar's star system . . . how did the name Antar come about? Anyone know? Was this a fan-created name that the writers decided to go along with, because I know none of the characters ever said that word until Michael did in 3x07, Interruptus.

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

April wrote:Speaking of planets in Antar's star system . . . how did the name Antar come about? Anyone know? Was this a fan-created name that the writers decided to go along with, because I know none of the characters ever said that word until Michael did in 3x07, Interruptus.

-April
I think it was something that had 'leaked' out from the show before then. Just as one example, on the silverhandprint.com site, (which was maintained by the producers of the show,) there was Vanessa Whittaker's secret diary or something, from the time she first landed in Copper Summit. I think that Antar was mentioned in there more than once, as she got a bit homesick.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Actually Liz was the first to said it to Max in Busted! as an off-hand remark. It was so odd in the sense that it wasn't such a big discovery or anything... it was something they had known for some time now... even if it was new to for us (the unspoiled ones, or the new viewers...).

But yeah, the name was intended to be used in Max in the City, at the Summit scene -if I remember correctly- and the spoilers from that episode had the name on it, though it wasn't use then.

There was a group, the CHADDs (continuity holes and/or annoying discrepancies discussers) that hated the name so much (and the fact that it was never given a name at the Summit) that they doubled it P-SAWN: Planet Still Annoyingly Without a Name :lol: Later they had another one for the other four planets that stood for something like "Planets Thankfully Without A Name" once Antar became canon ;)
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Does anyone know what sports Kyle played?

For some reason I'm remembering three: football, wrestling, and basketball but I'm not certain. I think I'm right about basketball because of the episode where he hurt himself because he was distracted by Liz yelling but the other two I'm not 100% on. Thanks.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I believe you are right. He was playing in a basketball game in Toy House, plus we saw him playing with some friends in Missing. He mentioned being a wrestler in Blind Date. I don't think we ever saw him play football, but if I'm not mistaken, in the Athlete of the Year photo (from Morning After?), he's wearing a football uniform.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

He also played little league, and his dream job was to become the Houston's Astros left field, so I guess he was heavy into baseball too, even though we never saw him playing... I guess football wouldn't be a far stretch...
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"