When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by tequathisy »

cool, thanks.
Banner by Evelyn
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Chrisken wrote:
tequathisy wrote:Doers anybody know what date Graduation took place on?
I don't think it's entirely clear, but somewhere near June 10th, 2002 is when I'd place the ceremony. The UFO Convention keynote speech is apparently June 12th - when Liz identifies Bryce McCain from her vision of their deaths, he jumps to the conclusion that the Special Unit attack will happen on that date, June 12th.

They plan to attend graduation and still slip out of town before the convention, so there has to be a buffer of time between the two - but Bryce arrives early to speak at the Graduation, so I would guess there isn't too long between them either. I'm not aware of any other clues that might help narrow the date down.
I've just been rewatching Graduation, and I think I'm revising my answer backwards, especially because when they all meet out at the rocks, Max is talking about "we have to leave RIGHT after Graduation," which suggests that Graduation is much closer than the convention.

I don't really understand why Liz is saying 'forever might be only 12 days' on the balcony, before Max gives her the diamond, though. So much has happened since she had her flash that I can't believe at least 1 day hasn't passed by then, and the countdown would be in all of their minds. She'd say '11 days' or '10 days' - but that's a nitpick.

And while I'm nitpicking - Liz's voiceover to start the episode goes "I'm not religious, but I've been to church. ...I know right from wrong. And I know it's wrong to benefit in any way from someone else's passing." REALLY? Does any church denomination really preach that? Do we have lots of pious people in the American heartland overcome with guilt because they got inheritances?
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

spacegirl23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by spacegirl23 »

Hi all, is there a scene where Liz kisses Maria? Coz Double Trouble put up a trailer for their fic in CID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVMV_pOE ... annel_page and I saw it here.

If you know this, please tell when this was, what they were talking about and why Liz did that. Thanks! :D
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

:lol:

This was in fact show in season 3. If I'm not mistaken, the scene was in Control:
[Liz and Maria are talking in the Kitchen of the Crashdown. Liz takes cookies our of the oven]
Liz: Voila. M&m tabasco swirl cookies. I came up with the recipe all by myself.
Maria: A care package. Max is so spoiled, man.
Liz: No, he is not.
Maria: Liz, he hasn't been gone more than a week.
Liz: Could you just let me finish? Because he's calling in less than an hour.
Maria: What? really?
Liz: Uh-huh.
Maria: Are you guys gonna talk, or are you just gonna breathe heavy into the phone? Are you gonna repeat each other's name back and forth and back and forth?
Liz: Stop it! Ha ha!
Liz: Oh! Hey!
Right there were Liz says Stop it! Ha ha! Like she's teasing Maria for what she just said, and the way she said it. If you never watched it, I guess it doesn't really make much sense, but it was funny :mrgreen:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
spacegirl23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by spacegirl23 »

Misha wrote::lol:

This was in fact show in season 3. If I'm not mistaken, the scene was in Control:
[Liz and Maria are talking in the Kitchen of the Crashdown. Liz takes cookies our of the oven]
Liz: Voila. M&m tabasco swirl cookies. I came up with the recipe all by myself.
Maria: A care package. Max is so spoiled, man.
Liz: No, he is not.
Maria: Liz, he hasn't been gone more than a week.
Liz: Could you just let me finish? Because he's calling in less than an hour.
Maria: What? really?
Liz: Uh-huh.
Maria: Are you guys gonna talk, or are you just gonna breathe heavy into the phone? Are you gonna repeat each other's name back and forth and back and forth?
Liz: Stop it! Ha ha!
Liz: Oh! Hey!
Right there were Liz says Stop it! Ha ha! Like she's teasing Maria for what she just said, and the way she said it. If you never watched it, I guess it doesn't really make much sense, but it was funny :mrgreen:
Hey! So she did kiss Maria on the lips? :D I kinda remember that scene, which is a shocker since the third season was a blur for me. I didn't watch all episodes.
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Besides Max's favorite being Cherry Coke, does anyone know if they ever mentioned if the others had favorites at the Crashdown?

Does anyone have a link to the Crashdown menu?
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

LittleBit wrote:Besides Max's favorite being Cherry Coke, does anyone know if they ever mentioned if the others had favorites at the Crashdown?

The closest I've ever found is this:

http://www.antarians.com/roswell/specia ... nmenu.html

Which seems like an amazingly slim menu for a restaurant...

and the section from Breathless' Maxeo and Lizziet:
Breathless wrote: "Yeah," she smiled as she passed him and entered the restaurant. "Mercury Bacon Burger, heavy on the hot sauce, Ferengi Fries, and if you have room for dessert, a slice of Men in Blackberry pie. And, of course, a cherry coke."

"Wow," Max looked at her in surprise. She paid enough attention to what he ordered that she knew it by heart? That was amazing! That was giving him a warm glow inside. That was making him grin. That was... probably just her job, remembering what people liked to eat. It probably meant nothing. A sudden thought occurred to him and he had to ask, "Am I that predictable?"

"Predictable?" Liz grinned. "You always have a Mercury Burger on Mondays, because your mom and dad spend the afternoon working out of their office in Hondo and they get home late. You like the Captain Kirk Klub Sandwich on Tuesdays, but you order it with Saturn Rings instead of fries. On Wednesday you order the special, Spaghetti and Spaceballs with a double order of garlic bread. On Thursday you like the Galaxy Sub, sprinkled with Tabasco sauce instead of vinegar. On Friday you have the Worf Salad, because you pig out on pizza later... and we don't serve pizza..."

Oh shit! She couldn't believe she just told him all that! Now he was going to think she was a stalker or something, watching what he ate everyday. Oh God! She should have kept her mouth shut. What was the matter with her? Oh no. Why was he looking at her that way? What did that mean?

She knew all that? About him? What did that mean, he wondered? She was either a really, really good waitress with a really good memory, or... did he dare to even think it? Could she possibly...? Did she... like -

No. It wasn't possible. No one could ever think that way about him, and especially not her. That was only an unrealistic dream for him. One that would never come true. The thought depressed him, and his smile wavered, but he was good at covering his feelings, he'd been doing it for years, so he plastered the smile on his face again and asked, "So what do I order on Saturday mornings?"

She bit her lower lip, wondering if she should pretend she didn't know. But the damage had already been done, so what did it matter? He was going to think she was a freak anyway. "Um... you like the Riker Special. Ham and eggs."

"With a side order of-"

"Picard Pancakes," she finished for him and they both laughed.
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Zanity wrote:
LittleBit wrote:Besides Max's favorite being Cherry Coke, does anyone know if they ever mentioned if the others had favorites at the Crashdown?

The closest I've ever found is this:

http://www.antarians.com/roswell/specia ... nmenu.html

Which seems like an amazingly slim menu for a restaurant...
Thanks, you're fast.

I remember seeing a menu years ago that had more stuff on it and it was decorated in the colors of the waitress uniforms but that is probably long gone.

Thanks again!
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

Here is another menu, with some other items on it.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/ozcrash/roswell/menu.htm

I thought I might find a reliable one on Silver Handprint, but sadly, no.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

You could always try for a screenshot of A Tale of Two Parties, where the clue to finding Enigma was a flyer that was supposed to be a copy of the Crashdown menu with one extra speciality :roll:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"