When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

MT GAZER, you are so right! I zoomed in on the drivers license shot in The Pilot, and this is what I found out.

According to the license, Max lives at 7637 Newton Ave, Roswell, NM.

Also, just a bit of useless info....Max Evan's drivers' license number is 1111z1409, and it expired on March 15, 2001. (why would we ever need this? lol)

And what I got from the close up of the registration....It cost him exactly 34.00 to register his vehicle tags, which, coincidentally, are MX7984.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
RebeccaBehrEvans
Addicted Roswellian
Location: Like Heidi... in the green, but freaking cold mountain!!

Post by RebeccaBehrEvans »

Which, as far as I can find out at freetranslation.com may well be spanish... "precious, so pretty" or "little precious one, so pretty". Something along those lines.
Only there to confirm this if you still had any doubts :lol: ... it's definitely Spanish and the second one (little precious one, so pretty) is definitely the best traduction you could give :wink:

I also have a question: I know that in the series Max and Isabel were obviously not twins, I mean in Surprise we see Isabel celebrating her birthday and Max doesn't, and besides from what I understood they didn't even have the same birth day, Max being March the 15th or something and Isabel I don't remember... but first does anyone know how those dates were picked up... I mean is it said anywhere in an epi. ... and then does anyone know where the fact that most of the authors write them as twins is coming from if it's not canon? :? ... was it hinted somewhere that they could possibly be twins or something but there wasn't any proof or they didn't know for sure? and if not why was it assumed then that Isabel was the oldest?

Thanks.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

RBE, as far as I know this is one of the subjects on which the canon is, almost maddeningly, silent. Almost nothing is known about what happened to Max and Isabel fairly shortly after they were picked up... and almost nothing about how their ages or birthdays were selected or even whether anyone thought they were brother and sister by blood (as opposed to just by being adopted by the same parents.)

I would imagine that, considering the unusual circumstances, the county medical examiner would have done a full check up on both of them... (presumably no blood work was done - I guess little Max and little Isabel were both frightened of needles ;) ) and probably estimating their ages would have been part of that, though that's never very exact. I think, given the evidence of Surprise, HOM and so forth, it's a fair presumption that the medical examiner reported that isabel seemed to be quite a few months older than Max, and thus that it was unlikely they were twins. (That difference could be because of slightly different metabolic rates in the pods, or maybe the ME just made a mistake hehe.) In books with situations like this, they usually offer the kid a range of dates and ask them to pick their birthday somewhere in that range -- I have no idea if that's realistic or not.

All of this is just rampant supposition though - sorry I couldn't provide anything more solid.
Last edited by Chrisken on Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Mt Gazer »

I can't help with the first two questions

But without a doubt Alex's parents are Charles and Gloria Whitman.

her name is mentioned in one of the shows after Alex's death.

And they are the names I am using in my fic.

Mt Gazer
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
"Too beautiful for earth."
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

In Blood Brothers Liz says that she and Alex have been friends since the fifth grade (with Ms. Elmer), and then Alex says that they actually met in fourth but they didn't become friends until fifth. I don't know about Maria, though. I'm assuming she was friends with Liz before that. Hope that helps!
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Angel wrote:Also, did Jim or Kyle ever mention the ex-Mrs. Valenti's name? I've read a lot of fics where her name is Michelle. But was that ever on the show?
Jim says her name is Michelle at some point, I believe in a conversation with Amy DeLuca about the vagaries of being a single parent. I can't recall exactly when, unfortunately, but it IS said onscreen.

As cardinalgirl said, there's no mention of when Liz and Maria became friends. I think "forever" crops up, but that doesn't really tell you anything LOL!
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

An answer at least

Post by Mt Gazer »

Read this thread from the beginning and you will discover that there are not too many answers for most of your questions.

We can take wild guesses though.

But here is the menu link from Antarians.com

http://www.antarians.com/roswell/specia ... nmenu.html

http://www.crashdown.com/episodes/trans_107.shtml Blood Brother

This has a menu item in mention... (courtesy Crashdown.com)

LIZ: So I guess I'll just see you after school at the Crashdown. Hey. Um, maybe you could stay for dinner. You know, Blue Moon Burger, Saturn Rings, and a Mercury Milkshake for $3.99.

Ms. Elmer Fifth grade teacher, again... Blood Brother

Hope the links work.

Mt Gazer

In my fic I created menu ideas, after reading these, from Antarians. Well I had to, some food titles were actually a discussion and I needed the right food to fit the bill.

But have fun.
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
"Too beautiful for earth."
RebeccaBehrEvans
Addicted Roswellian
Location: Like Heidi... in the green, but freaking cold mountain!!

Post by RebeccaBehrEvans »

You can go here to find some of the menus:
Crashdown Menu

There are some more on the net but they are not as complete.
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

ps_dreamer asked this question:
Can somebody help me identify the date (day/month/2001?) of the day that Future Max arrived at Liz's balcony? And the day he disappears?

I need the info for my fic. Thanks!
The precise day of either doesn't appear in the show. BUT, Surprise occurs on October 25th, Isabel's birthday (this is mentioned in her ending monologue). And in EOTW, when Michael drives Courtney home, there are Halloween decorations on the apartments in her building, so not much time has passed. Max says the Gomez concert is on Friday night (in Whittaker's office). Since the 26th is the first Friday after Isabel's birthday, that's not enough time between FMax's appearance and disappearance. The concert is, therefore, the evening of Friday, Nov. 2nd.

As for Future Max's arrival, he arrived on the Wednesday night, meaning that the trip to see Madame Vivian was actually a Halloween thing for Liz, Maria & Alex. (Possibly how Maria talked them into it? LOL!) Thursday, Liz went to school and later at night gave Max the Romeo and Juliet speech, which didn't work. Friday, the day of the concert, is when Max catches her with Kyle and FMax subsequently disappears.

So: FMax arrives October 31, 2001; disappears November 2, 2001. :D

Oy I can't believe all this stuff is still in my brain. :roll:
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

BeccaBehr wrote:Hey

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the parents. Details like when they were born, how old they are, their parents/relatives. All the parents (Valenti,Deluca,Parker,Evans and Whitman) please.
Thanks in advance
Becca
xxx
You can find out years of birth at least on the Timeline page at Crashdown.com (though I don't know where they get it from...)

Claudia Parker -1933
Phillip Evans and James Valenti Jr. - 1951
Diane Evans - 1952
Jeff Parker - 1955
Nancy Parker - 1956

1977 - Phillip & Diane marry
1979 - Jeff & Nancy marry

There might be a couple more things I didn't see, but that's the gist of the info there, hope it helps!

Ladeia3 wrote:Okay another dumb question from me.

I've read the Roswell High books and I remember them talking about how they were stronger than normal humans and had great night vision and being able to scan things into their brain. Was that ever put into the show canon? I don't remember it ever being implied on any of them but I could have missed a conversation. I know I've seen them use flashlights on the show but the only scenes I remember have at least one human with them too so I wasn't sure if they were doing it as courtesy for the others, habit in trying to fit in or the show decided not to use the night vision. I know I've seen fics where they use the scanning ability but I don't remember it ever being used on the show but again I could have missed it. Anyone know?
They never mentioned the night vision, or extra strength or anything on the show (that's why on the episode River Dog Max had to light up the cave, he couldn't see either). The scanning came from the Destiny episode. Nesado tells Michael to scan the plan into his brain, and then realizes they didn't know they could do it. Hope that helps.