Making the Magic Last (AU,M/L,Mature) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I'll keep this simple...thank you for your patience while I get my muse together in addition to the fact that I had to sit in a room while writing this up as the walls around me reverberated with loud abnoxious music that my neighbor decided to play, its any wonder I get any writing done in this place :roll: ...secondly...Tiffany has not read over this part and lastly...we both thank you for the feedback and bumps!!

Tanya

Chapter 19

“Are you okay?” she asks me for what I think is the third time, since we’ve boarded this tin on wheels with wings…er…airplane I mean.

“I’m perfectly fine. I told you already.” I try and relax my body, but it’s impossible when I know the fate of my life is in the hands of someone I don’t even know or see for that matter.

“You don’t think we’re going to be on like autopilot right? I mean, someone has to be flying the plane at all times.” I turn to her and see her trying to hold back a laugh. It figures, my one moment of weakness and she is here to revel in it.

“Max, are you sure you’ve flown before?” she asks me skeptically. I nodded my head indignantly.

“I already told you. I’ve flown several times, but nowadays you don’t know whom you are flying with. The airs are dangerous,” I shudder visibly trying to draw her attention from the very fact that I’ve never flown a day in my life! Hell my first honeymoon was a cruise, I could handle that, there are life rafts, and I can swim. But plummeting to the earth from thirty thousand feet onto the ground seems a bit…I don’t know terrifying!

She laughs, “You liar! You’ve never been off the ground a day in your life.” She pokes my side and my hips protest against the binding seatbelt. I wonder, why are there seatbelts? Do they really think that’s going to help when we are falling from the sky, crashing to the ground in a ball of explosion? Or better yet, let’s be strapped in so I can be latched to my seat when we plunge into the ocean and I drown because I can’t get out of my damn seat! I shudder at the thoughts flashing before me. But I’m not scared…I’m simply pointing out all the things that normal people think about before they fly…right?

“Okay, so what? I’ve never flown and I have just cause for not.” I protest weakly as I see the tears of mirth brimming her big brown eyes.

“Please…tell me why.” She urges on as the pilot announces our departure. I grip the armrests until my knuckles are white. I’m such a coward.

“Okay, I will. And damnit stop laughing!” I growl out.

“I’m sorry baby.” She leans over and kisses my lips gently.

“First of all, this thing weighs a ton, yet it glides in the air with two engines? What if one fails?” I asked seriously and she pretends to ponder the question before answering.

“There is the other one, and they will emergency land if necessary.” She waves her hand in the air dismissively. I don’t get it, am I the only person worried about things like this?

“Okay…what if both engines go? Then what? We fall from the sky like a brick hitting the bottom of the ocean.”

“Must you be so dramatic?” she asks with a shake of her head.

“I am not being dramatic,” I point out in annoyance. “I’m simply expressing my convictions about flying.”

“Max?”

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too, baby.” I smile as she leans over once again and this time I reach up and cup her face in the palm of my hands and kiss her thoroughly. She tastes like honey and tea, sweet and tangy.

“Now, are you going to be a big boy for the rest of the trip? I like my men strong and masculine not cowering like a child.”

“I am not cowering, Liz. And you know I’m not a child…not where it counts,” I add reaching down, daringly, and tracing the swell of her breasts through the fabric of her shirt.

“Max, behave!” she reprimands me…but it only fuels the desire to see her squirm. I’m so very happy she’s sitting in the window seat. I turn slightly, even as the death belt, I mean seatbelt digs into me. I reach down and slowly creep my hand up her shirt, and land the palm of my hand firmly against one lace covered breast.

“I can’t believe you,” she draws an intake of breath and I smile in satisfaction. Not only am I unequivocally distracted from the flying nonsense…but I have her heated and in the palm of my hand…literally. I don’t think there is anyplace I’d rather be than in this very seat, next to her in this flying piece of tin foil with wings.

<center>****</center>

“Max, maybe we should eat something before we go.” I look up from my suitcase to regard her. I know she is a little scared to face her parents, but that’s what we’ve come here for.

I drop the shirt in my hands and reach out for her, engulfing her in a tight hug. “I love you, and you are stronger than you think. Besides, I’ll be there with you every step of the way, trust me.” I nuzzle her neck gently, and then place a kiss on her naked shoulder. I wish we never had to leave this hotel room, but things need to be done today.

“I trust you, Max.” She smiles softly as she pulls free from my grasp.

“Where are you going?” I fake sadness as she begins to finish getting dressed. But I really liked her the way she was.

“Stop pouting, Max. I’m sure I can make myself available later for your groping pleasure.”

“Oh really? Sounds like a plan.” I smile triumphantly. “Let’s get going munchkin.”

She frowns. “I thought I was past that nickname? I thought telling you I loved you would guarantee me never to have to hear it again.” She crosses her arms in front of her chest, like a small child protesting what she was having for dinner.

“I never said that, nor did I give you that impression. And besides, are you telling me you only told me you loved me because you thought munchkin was off the list of things I could torture you with?” I ask, feigning disappointment and hurt.

“No, but I thought it might help if I threw that in there,” she laughs as I hurl my shirt at her.

“You’re a cruel and evil woman,” I protest.

“Yes, I am. But you love me anyway don’t you?” she awaits my response and instead she gets me pouncing her and devouring her mouth with my own. I think she gets the picture loud and clear.

<center>****</center>

I can feel the apprehension rolling off of her in waves. “Do you want me to knock?” I ask softly from beside her.

“No, I can do it.” But she doesn’t move. I wait, reaching out and gripping her small hand in mine. I offer her my silent support; I know this is something she needs to do herself. A minute later she lifts her hand and knocks on the solid wooden door before us.

After what seems like a lifetime, the door swings open and a middle aged woman with light brown hair answers the door. I can tell immediately that she is Liz’s mother the features are that strong. The brown eyes, the petite stature and the perfect pert little nose.

“Liz,” her mother pauses with a gasp before the door falls open fully to reveal a taller man with graying hair. He must be Liz’s father.

“Back with your tail between your legs?” I think I want to slap this pompous asshole for talking to his own daughter this way, but I hold my tongue.

“Actually no dad,” distain laced in every syllable she speaks from here on out. “I’m here to finally tell you the truth about that happened and the reason why I left.”

“Why you left?” came her mother’s soft-spoken voice. Maybe she’ll be the voice of reason here…I hope.

“Yes. Can we come in?” Liz’s asks, and I think it’s a damn shame that she has to ask permission to enter her own parent’s home. They don’t protest, but they don’t agree either, instead they step back away from the door.

I enter in last and close the door behind myself. “This is Max Evans, my boyfriend.” She smiles, despite the situation, when she looks at me.

“I see you moved on pretty quickly,” came her father’s snide remark.

“Excuse me but I know it’s not my place, but I would think you would hold judgment until you’ve heard her out.” I add in when I feel the fight deflate from her.

“Look, Max. I understand you’re here to support Liz but you don’t know the situation, not fully. She walked out on Kevin and us. Skipped town without looking back. I told her it was the biggest mistake of her life, but she refused to listen.” Mrs. Parker says calmly, but I can feel the undertone of animosity coming off of her and direct itself right for Liz. How can parents be this cruel?

“The only mistake I made was coming here today, to explain to you why I left. But you don’t care. You only care about appearances, and for a long time that’s all I cared about, but then I realized that I was the only one suffering for them. It wasn’t fair; you are my parents yet you acted like I was insignificant in your plans. Whatever they might have been…” her words cut off by her father’s roaring voice.

“Plans? You were to marry Kevin, or did you forget? You promised yourself to him and then skipped off? How are we supposed to act? You disappoint me Liz…”

“No! You disappoint me!” Liz yells out, turns on her heels and makes for the front door before I can even follow. I stand watching her for a second before I face her parents again.

“I don’t understand how you could be that cruel to her,” I begin but am promptly discarded as quickly as they discard their own flesh and blood, but I’m persistent.

“You don’t know…”

“No, you’re right, maybe I don’t know but I do know something you wouldn’t even give your daughter a chance to explain.”

“Yes, and what is that?” her father asks, practically towering over me. I swallow thickly before speaking.

“That while you were sitting on your high horses, worried about appearances, your daughter was suffering in silence.”

“Suffering? What are you talking about?” Mrs. Parker asks moving a step closer to me.

I look her in the eyes as the words roll off my tongue, I can only hope that Liz forgives me. “Kevin beat her, and she kept it silent for you, for the both of you. How dare she, take a moment to breath and live her life. Its any wonder why she didn’t run away sooner, lord knows she deserved to because with parents who regarded a man who hit their daughter in a better light than she, she should have never come back.” With that I turn on my heels and run after Liz.

<center>****</center>

I make it half way to the car before she throws herself in my arms and begins to cry, deep heavy sobs, which I don’t think I’ve ever heard before.

“It’s okay,” I soothe her gently knowing how much it must her to be refused by her parents once again.

“I shouldn’t cry for them,” she says even as more tears fall from her eyes. I hold her tightly and offer her comforting words. Telling her how much I love her, and how well she did in there.

Finally her crying subsides and she pulls away. I quickly brush away her tears and kiss her soundly on the lips.

“No matter what happens, you know I’m here for you,” I tell her and watch as a small smile touches her lips.

“Liz!” We both freeze and turn around, only to see both her parents standing on their doorstep.

“Do you want to leave?” I asked her softly. She looks up at me, wounded but there is something in her eyes that tells me she’s not ready to go just yet.

Forcing her shoulders to still themselves, she reaches for my hand and walks up the few steps to stand before her parents.

“Liz, we didn’t know…” her mother begins to explain, tears streaming down her face. Her father, although he looks serious I myself can see the pain in his eyes.

“No, you didn’t. But you didn’t let me explain either,” her words are laced with pure sarcasm and a hint of tears.

“I didn’t deserve the way you treated me! I didn’t deserve to feel like a stranger in my own home, but I did.”

“Liz…” her father began but now that she was getting some of the resentment off her chest, she refused to stop speaking.

“I don’t want to hear, I’m sorry. It won’t fix anything and it sure as hell won’t make me feel better. I want you to know how much you hurt me, how much you turning your back on me ate at me. But most of all, I want you to know that I don’t think I can ever forget the fact that I’m your daughter, yet you loved him more than me. You refused to see the truth, even though it was looking you right in the face.” Liz finished with a sigh, her body trembling with emotion. I reached out and pulled her away from the house.

She didn’t protest, even as I helped her inside the car and buckled her seatbelt. I turn and look at her offering her a smile of encouragement and to my never-ending gratitude she returned it.

“I love you, munchkin.”

“I love you, too scaredy cat.”

I don’t know how, but she manages to laugh and I know that she feels safe with me and she knows I would never judge her no matter the circumstance.

TBC…
sweetbrowneyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sweetbrowneyes »

It's a miracle, I know. lol Tanya and I just want to thank all of you for your patience and feedback because we definately have trouble posting in a timely matter lol. This story is winding down though. Only about three more parts. So I hope you all enjoy this. :wink:

Chapter 20

I roll over, stretching. I reach for Liz. She somehow got away from me during the night.

My fingers graze over her warm skin and without opening my eyes, I pull her close. She giggles and I pull the sheets tighter around us.

“Morning,” I mumble against her shoulder where I place a soft kiss. I open my eyes just long enough to see her smiling face before I close them again; ready to drift back off to sleep.

“Max,” she sings as she rains kisses over my face, “are you sleepy?”

“Mmhm.”

“Did I wear you out?”

In complete serenity, I bury my smile in her neck. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

After we left her parents house, to cheer her up, we rented a bunch of her favorite movies from a local Blockbuster and watched them all. It wasn’t until a few hours ago that we finally slipped into sleep.

I curl around her small body, enjoying her warmth as I begin to drift off again. But I can’t quite completely drop off when I feel her hand wandering over my skin. Her fingers smooth over my back, trail over my waist towards my stomach. I let out a small yelp when her hand stops at the waistband of my boxers.

“Liz, what are you doing?”

I only receive a soft giggle in response and she continues onward. Though my protest is feeble, I raise my hips with a hiss as her hand brushes against me. I stir to life, my exhaustion falling away as I am suddenly overcome with desire.

“Baby…”

She flips me on my back, her lips meeting mine before I get a chance to orient myself. I don’t deny her though and I cup the back of her neck as my tongue glides with hers.

Through a cloud of lust, I catch her shy smile when she hooks her fingers over my boxers and pulls them down. I believe she deliberately brushes against me and I harden almost painfully.

It always amazes me how she can get to me. She looks at me from beneath her lashes and I groan in desire. The timid seductress she plays gets to me every time and it’s easy for me to get caught up in her spell.

She whispers in my ear what she wants to do to me. The shiver wrecks through me like an earthquake when she pulls back. Her deep chocolate eyes have darkened and another quake rushes through me.

I let out a muffled groan as she travels down my body. Her full lips leave sensual kisses on the way down. She takes her sweet little time which only worsens the situation for me because I know what she’s going to do. It’s sweet, sweet torture.

I suck in a deep breath when I feel her warm breath against my most sensitive parts.

“Liz…”

I grip the bed posts at the first touch of her tongue. She gives me the greatest pleasure and I’m sure that my knuckles turn white as I’m gripping the posts so hard.

My release is anything my gentle and I finish with her name on my lips.

“Jesus…”

She laughs as she returns to my side. “My name’s Liz. But thank you anyway.”

I narrow my eyes at her. She bites her lip, looking completely innocent, though she knows she’s anything but considering what she just did to me.

She squeals when I flip her over and I try and give her the same bliss she just gave me. Her contented smile lets me know I’ve done well and we exchange a few lazy kisses before we join completely.

Liz wasn't the first woman I've had sex with. I've had a few with what most guys would call, more significant assets. However, to me, Liz is the love of my life and I could never see her as anything but perfect and she is by far the best I've ever had.

I let out a whoosh of air when she curls against me. My fatigue is creeping back on me and I struggle to keep my eyes open. “Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but what was that for?”

She raises her brows. “Do I need a reason to love my man?”

I laugh. “Definitely not.”

“I just wanted to show you how much I love you. I mean, with everything that’s going on with my parents… we may never reconcile…” I hear a hint of sadness in her tone. A wave of protectiveness sweeps over me and I pull her close to shield her from any pain.

“It’s just you are the best thing that’s happened to me. You’re always looking out for my best interests and I’ve never been with someone that loves me as much as you do.”

“That’s because I never loved anyone as much as I love you.” I kiss her gently before I break into a smile. “We’re saps,” I laugh.

Her smile is bright and beautiful and I start to return the gesture before the urge to yawn overwhelms me.

“I’m sorry, I know you’re exhausted.”

“No! Please, you can interrupt my sleep to do that anytime.”

She giggles and pushes at my chest. “You’re insatiable.”

“Only for you, munchkin.”

“Maaaxxx,” she whines.

“You know you love it when I call you that.”

She pouts and it makes me want her all over again. “I do not.”

“You do,” I counter teasingly. “Now shut it so I can get some sleep or else I’ll jump you.”

“And that’s supposed to make me shut up?” She flutters her lashes.

“Oh man.” I turn my back to her because it’s the only way I’ll be able to get some sleep.

She giggles behind me and then climbs over me, snuggling in my arms. “I’m sorry, I’ll be good.”

“Good.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I smile in content as I finally drift off.

We planned for this trip to be a week long so we figured while we’re here we might as well have a mini vacation. Liz drags me to this carnival on a boardwalk. I swear she acts like a child, jumping up and down wanting to get on the different rides.

I only laugh at her. I don’t let on that I’m just as excited as she is. I haven’t been to a carnival in ages.

After I fail to win her a stuffed animal in the basketball game, my ego is permanently bruised when she ends up giving me a stuffed frog she wins after playing that game where you throw the ball and try and knock down the pyramid of bottles. I failed at that too.

I suck.

“Aw, cheer up baby,” she says. I glare at her. I can hear the laughter in her voice and I don’t appreciate it.

“Liz, I’m the man. I’m supposed to win you the stuffed animal.”

“Hey, relax. Things have changed. Women can do a lot more now than what they used to.” She smiles up at me and I roll my eyes. “Besides, the kid that runs the game, I used to baby sit him. I paid him five extra bucks if he let me win.”

I break into a smile. “You sneaky little munchkin.”

“Come on big man, I’ll buy you an ice cream.”

I let her pull me along to the closest ice cream vendor, dragging the funny looking frog behind me.

After kicking her ass in bumper cars and rubbing it all up in her face, we stand in line for the rollercoaster. I never realized how much of a thrill seeker Liz is when she immediately pulls me to the front of the ride.

“Uh… baby? Did you not notice how petrified I was flying? What makes you think that I want to sit in the very front.”

I clamp Bonkers, the funny looking frog, underneath my arm.

“Come on, Max. It’s the best feeling. Besides, at least we’re attached to the ground because we won’t be on the flight home.”

I let out a small whimper as the restraints lock over my shoulders. If this thing was supposed to be so safe, why the need for all the restraints?

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

She cackles and the ride jerks forward. I reach for her hand as we make the slow creep to the top. I’m fine, able to look down at the shrinking people below until the crest of the hill comes in view.

I shut my eyes and take in a deep breath, intending on holding it throughout the rest of the ride. That is if I don’t die of a heart attack.

The ride seems to pause at the top as we dangle over the side, ready to drop. Fooled into thinking we’re stuck since we haven’t moved, I open my eyes.

Liz is grinning wildly and she turns to me just before we plummet over the edge. I let out a few short yelps as we go into the first loop and then the next before banking hard into a sharp turn. We go up a hill just to fall again and I find myself laughing as the wind blows through my hair.

By the end of the ride, I’m sure I look like an idiot, laughing manically for no apparent reason.

I still haven’t let go of Liz’s hand and it’s not until she has to violently tug her fingers from my grasp that I send her a breathless apology.

Her hand is drained of all blood as I was holding it so hard. Still she has the biggest smile on her lips and in that moment I fall in love all over again.

“Admit it,” she says once we’re safely off the ride, “you enjoyed that.”

My limbs are shaky and my mouth is dry. My eyes water from the major amount of air that was blown against them. “It felt like I was having an orgasm.”

She bursts into laughter, pulling me into a loose hug. Her hands wrap around me to cup my butt.

“Want to go again?”

I kiss her lips, actually feeling elated. “Definitely!”

We only have a couple of days left on our mini vacation. Liz takes me around the city, to some places and hangout spots to use to go to as a child.

When we return to the hotel, we find her parents waiting for us. I put an immediate overprotective barrier between us.

“What is it that you want?”

They look taken aback by my harshness, but there’s no way in hell I’m letting them get to Liz like they have before.

Mrs. Parker steps forward. She looks like she’s been crying. “We just want to speak to our daughter.”

I look to Liz, rubbing her back in silent comfort. “Baby…”

After a moment, she nods. I know how much reconciling with her parents means to her. “It’s fine.”

Liz and I start towards the elevator, leaving them to follow.

“Max,” Mr. Parker calls. “We’d like to speak to her alone.”

“What? Like hell…”

“Max.” Her gentle hand on my shoulder stops me from cursing him out. “It’s okay. I’ll be fine.”

I look between daughter and parents, wondering what to do.

Liz gives me an encouraging nod and a small smile. “Fine.” I kiss her and whisper in her ear, “I have my phone. If you need me…”

“I know.” She smiles when I pull away. “I love you.”

“Love you.”

I watch them disappear into the elevators before I step out of the hotel. I walk for a few blocks, admiring the shops until I pass by a jewelry store.

I smile and my legs carry me inside. Awhile later, my purchase tucked safely in my pocket I step outside just as my phone rings.

“Liz?”

“Hey.”

“How did it go?”

“Good actually. They apologized. We’re going to work on our relationship.”

I breathe a sigh of relief, happy for my girl. “That’s great munchkin.”

“When are you going to get here? I need you.”

My pace quickens automatically as I turn a corner. “Soon baby. Are they still there?”

“No. They left. I told them that I’d call before we left though.”

“Good. I’ll see you when I get there. Be ready.”

“I will.” She says it in a husky tone that sends heat blazing right through me.

It’s not until we hang up that I realize that I have no idea where I am. I must have turned down a wrong street.

I backtrack only to succeed in confusing myself even more. Finally I pick up my phone.

“Um, baby… I’m kinda lost. Can you come a get me?”

Her sweet laughter warms my heart. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with her.

TBC…………
Be at Peace MJ
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - How can I say I'm sorry for not getting this update done sooner? Maybe my mind was clear today, maybe I wasn't stressed out about everything and that's why I got it done ...but it's really and truly done. I want to personally thank you all for your continued patience, it has *never* taken me this long to write a part. I think maybe because it's almost the end I just procratinated myself into not writing it.

I will say this much though, these last few parts would have been so much easier to write, if the original material that Tiffany and I came up with back in April of 2005 didn't go *poof*. Everything and we did have everything from start to finish was gone, so we had to regroup over and over again to get things where we originally wanted them.

With all of that said...here is the part...and just know Tiffany won't take as long to update as me *lol* :oops: Oh and there are only 2 parts left.

Tanya

Chapter 21

“Max, you can’t be serious.” Isn’t she just adorable, wearing nothing but a purple tank top and these light blue boy shorts? I think of recalling my plans for one more tumble on that big empty bed, but refrain. Today is a very big day and things need to get done, which include her leaving this house.

“Liz, come on. Maria wants to spend the day with you, what’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing, except that I had my whole day planned. Why didn’t you wake me up when she called? I didn’t even hear the phone ring.” She pouts and rolls back over on her stomach. Is it really a big deal that Maria didn’t call and that maybe just maybe she’s helping me out with my plans for the day?

“It rang, you were probably just so tired from last night.” I wink and she tosses a pillow at me.

“No need to get physical, well…if you want we can get physical before you leave,” I chime in crawling back into bed with her. It would be really easy to just push aside these little shorts and have my way with…

“Max! We did it three times last night; I think that’s enough to hold you over for a while.”

“A while? When you say a while, you mean like until tonight right?” I ask, I can’t help it. I’m a guy, and a while in a girls mind is like two or three days. A while in a guys mind is like a year and a half. I shudder at the thought.

“Max, get over it. Now I guess I have to get ready,” she says with a deep sigh.

“Aww, is the little baby grumpy because she didn’t get enough beauty sleep?” I joke lightheartedly as she pushes herself out of bed, looking as if it took all of her strength to do so.

“No, I just didn’t feel like moving yet.” Her hair is tousled and her little tank top is twisted, and those boy shorts…well let’s just say I bless whoever’s idea it was to make them.

“Get a move on it, oh and while you’re out can you pick me up some black t-shirts?” I ask as she moves around the room looking for her slippers. I don’t understand. We have rugs, yet she insists on wearing slippers anyways. Women.

I guess I asked the wrong question because a second later she whips around and narrows her eyes at me.

“What?” I feign innocence. I was supposed to buy them last week for our little camping trip next week, but I forgot.

Okay, actually I didn’t forget I just chose to exclude that from my list of things to do.

“Are we talking about the same shirts you were supposed to buy when you went ‘shopping’ last week?” I nod.

“And wasn’t it also on said trip to the store that you were supposed to pick up some thermos for me?” Again, I nod. I hope she has a point and gets to it soon. I have places to be and plans to formulate.

Oh no, I’m in trouble now. Her hands are on her hips and the wheels in her head are spinning.

“So, if you went out of the house specifically for those items, why is it that you didn’t return with them?” Now that is a very good question, but I of course cannot answer it truthfully.

“It’s a really long story, and I’d love to tell you but Maria is waiting. You know how she gets, all bossy and demanding if you’re not ready.” I head straight for her, grip her shoulders gently and turn her towards the bathroom before any more questions arise.

That was a close one. I can’t let her spoil her surprise. I’m glad I enlisted Maria’s help, because if I had simply asked her to pick up the items I should have gotten last week, I would have had a hell of a time explaining it.

<center>**** </center>

“Are you sure she’s leaving the house?” I ask Maria for the third time in our ten-minute conversation. Maria had specific instructions for getting Liz home at a certain time, and then I left her a rose with a note that said a car would pick her up at seven sharp.

Of course, I couldn’t be there for it, but I had Maria wait outside just to be sure all went according to plan.

“Yes, she left five minutes ago. She should be at the restaurant in fifteen. Are you nervous?” she asks with a smile in her voice.

“I am. Not because I’m unsure, but because I am that sure.” I tell her and she then proceeds to fill my ear with nonsense about Michael. I listen, like a good friend, and then interrupt her when I see Liz walk in.

“Good luck!” I thank her and hang up.

She’s pleasantly surprised, she tells me. And I listen, I really do, but I can’t help but drifting back to Maria’s question.

I didn’t think I was nervous. I have no reason to be. Liz and I are great together and I love her more than anything, anyone. But there is a small piece of me that’s worried. What if she decides she’s just not ready for what I’m asking?

As I listen and watch her tell me about her shopping day with Maria, I realize I’m worried for nothing. Liz loves me, she and I both support each other and I know that even though I’ve been down the road before, with Liz, it will be different.

“What are your plans for me later?” she says after dessert is brought to the table. I smile at her and say, “That’s for me to know and for you to find out.”

“I’m no good at guessing Max, don’t you just want to tell me?” she pouts her lips and because I can’t resist a minute longer, I lean over the table, capture her head between my hands and kiss the hell out of her.

“I don’t want to tell you, but I did want to do that all night.” She flushes, completely embarrassed.

“Max! You should have waited until we got outside or something.”

I pin her with a suggestive look. “I think you should appreciate that all I did was kiss you, because there’s about ten other things I’d like to do to you right now.” I wink at her and she attempts to retort, but our waitress arrives with our desserts.

“You are so bad!” she hisses under her breath.

“I know, but you love me anyway.”

“I do.”

Now those are words that are music to my ears.

<center>**** </center>

“Are you cold?” I ask as we stroll down the street. I needed a few minutes more for my surprise to be prepared so I suggested we take a walk since it was a surprisingly warm night.

“I’m good, I’m just glad Maria told me to bring my sweater.” She tugs it around her petite frame as we cross the street. I automatically take her hand in mine as we stroll along towards a small bench.

I pull her down into my lap and wrap my arms around her. I nuzzle her neck as she leans her head back against my shoulder.

“I love you,” I say and she smiles and turns to me, repeating the sentiment.

“Do you know that when I first met you I knew there was something different about you? Something that just said to me, I need to get to know this girl better. I know at that time I was married, but I can honestly look back and say, I loved you from the moment I saw you.” She’s silent, listening for me to continue, but she’s facing me now.

“I did. I know it wasn’t right, but at the time I didn’t know any better. I was in a bad place but you were there at the time, I thought, a good distraction. It was more than that; at least I can say that now. You listened to me talk about my relationship with Rachel, you were there for me, when I went through all the fights, the breakup, the divorce…all of it. I don’t know if I really thanked you enough for that.”

“You did. And as I recall, you listened to me and were there for me with all my problems. I know it wasn’t right either, but the first day I met you and I thought Maria was your wife, I was a little sad. I don’t know why, but then when you said that she wasn’t, I felt a little relief, only to crash and burn a second later.” I laugh; I know exactly the moment she is referring to. That next instant was when I’d told her my wife’s name was Rachel.

“I knew I saw something on your face…all those looks you used to give me.” I tease.

“What looks?” she scrunches up her nose, just the way I love and I can’t help but kiss her. I push her hair aside, tease her lips with mine and finally cover them. I kiss her hungrily, tasting her, enjoying her and loving her the only way I can right now. My heartbeat speeds up as she slides her arms around my neck, playing with the hairs at the base of my neck. She knows what doing that does to me, and I eagerly pull her closer, run my hands down her sleek back and over her perfect bottom.

“Liz,” I say panting when I pull my lips away.

“Max, let’s go home.” She whispers hotly against my ear and I groan softly, capturing her mouth once again.

“Liz,” I say again, this time pushing her from my lap gently and sighing when she appears hurt.

“You know I want you, so no pouting. I have a surprise for you and I just need you to hold out a little longer…or at least until it’s over and I promise I’ll take you in the car if you want.” I say wiggling my eyebrows at her and pulling her to her feet in front of me.

“Max!” she swats me with her hand, but something in her voice tells me, she’s ready, willing and able to fulfill the last part of my statement.

I feel the blood pumping through my veins at a rapid pace now. I want her, God do I want her but I can’t postpone my plans; they are too important.

“Come on you devil, let’s go.” I wrap my arm around her and escort her back across the street and into the theater.

<center>**** </center>

“Max, why are we the only one’s here?” she asks and I have to fight to hold back my smile.

“I don’t know. Maybe I got the time wrong? What does your ticket say?” I asked her as I move around the theater and take a seat next to her.

“It says the movie starts at eight thirty and it’s,” she pauses to look down at her watch, “eight fifteen.”

“You know what? Let me go talk to someone at the ticket counter, I’ll find out what’s going on.” I quickly leave so she doesn’t ask to tag along. That’s the last thing I need.

After giving a few more instructions to the manager, I stride back into the theater and take my place beside Liz.

“So, what did they say?”

“It will start in about a minute.” I smile knowing she wants to know why the theater is empty.

“Is the movie that bad?” she deadpans.

“Actually, this particular movie got rave reviews. Why don’t we just watch and see, and at the end you can tell me what you think?” I say as I pull her hand in mine, just in time for the lights to go out and the screen to come alive.

<center>**** </center>

Liz watches intently as the movie, or shall I say cartoon, that I created pops up on the screen.

Liz is walking down a busy street, wearing a short white skirt and matching top, her hair cropped up in a ponytail. She stops and looks down, noticing one white rose in the grass. Leaning over she plucks the rose from the ground and continues to walk. She pauses for a minute though, looks around to be sure no one is looking and begins to pluck the petals of the rose one by one.

A little white bubble pops up above her head, and you can now tell what she’s thinking.

He loves me, he loves me not. She repeats it over and over until the very last petal hits the ground.

He loves me not

Liz crosses her arms and pouts, in the way that I love, which is why I specifically included that part in the cartoon.

I drive by in my sleek cherry red convertible, wind blowing through my hair and notice Liz standing on the street, rose petals at her feet.

I’m about to pass her, when from the clouds above; cupid flies down and shoots me with an arrow. My heart starts to beat out of my chest, big and red, and my eyes, they light up with stars. And a bright white rose lands directly on my lap. Suddenly, I know exactly what to do.

I bring the car to a screeching halt, and jump out right by her side. I pull from behind my back the fresh white rose and hand it to her. She smiles and lunges herself at me, then turns and begins to pluck the petals off her new rose.

He loves me, he loves me not

He loves me, he loves me not

She repeats until she removes enough petals to see the shiny object just in the center of the rose. Her head whips around to face me, her eyes sparkle with happiness, as she sees me kneeling in front of her, the white bubble above my head asks the one question, the only question that matters now…

The screen goes black and the lights in the theater are dimmed once again. This time though, I’m kneeling beside Liz waiting in anticipation, for her to turn at look at me.

I watch as it sinks in, and finally I tug her hand gently, pulling her to her feet. Tears are streaming down her face, but I wait, patiently this time, for her to look at me. When she finally does, I smile and I ask her the one question I will never ask another living soul.

“Liz Parker, will you marry me?”

“Max…” she pauses trying to control her tears, but she tries again.

“Max, I’m sorry…I can’t.”

That was not the response I was looking for.

TBC…

*** :twisted: ***
sweetbrowneyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sweetbrowneyes »

Hey everyone! Here's another update for ya! We're pretty sure you'll be happy with it lol. Unfortunately, there's only one more part to go. :( So hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 22

Ever wonder how long and what it takes to break a man’s heart completely?

I haven’t. But I know the answer.

Just a split second and a few short words and my heart is reduced to a crumbling pile of… crap.

Dejected, I get to my feet, backing away from the woman, up until a few seconds ago, I was sure I was going to spend the rest of my days with.

She reaches out to me, but I step away. “Max…”

“Um… I guess… I guess I wasn’t expecting that.”

She steps forward, but I turn away, holding back the tears I’ve been trying not to shed. “Max it’s not what you think.”

“Liz, I can understand if you’re not ready…”

She grabs my arm. “No Max…That couldn’t be the farthest thing from the truth.”

She’s smiling. There are tears running down her cheeks. Without thinking, I reach out and wipe them away.

“Just let me explain first okay…”

I huff, liking nothing more than to go home and pout for the rest of the night. Maybe drown my sorrows at the bar with Michael.

“Liz, I’d just rather go home right now.”

She laughs. She thinks this is funny?! She just turned down my proposal and she’s laughing. I swear if I didn’t love her so much…

“Max, I promise, this will be worth it. I love you so much but there’s just one more thing… can you just come with me? Please?”

When I nod, she tugs on my hand and I follow behind her, shuffling my feet. She takes me to the car and pushes me into the passenger seat.

She practically skips around the car and hops behind the wheel. Before she pulls off, she wraps her arm around my neck and pulls me to her.

“Do you trust me?” she says against my lips.

“Yes.”

“I promise after you see why I said no, that pout will be permanently wiped off your face.”

“I am not pouting.”

She grins. “You are. I love you.”

She kisses me, sliding her tongue against my lips, but pulling away when I get into the kiss.

I glare at her and poke my bottom lip out. Okay, I’m pouting.

She giggles and pulls out of the parking lot. And as I watch her smiling, the woman who has taken my heart, ran with it, and obviously has more power over me than I care to acknowledge, I realize that no matter what, I want to be with her.

I’ll wait as long as she wants, until she is ready for us to be together as husband and wife.

I grab her hand and our fingers stay laced throughout the rest of the ride.

Moments later, she pulls in front of our office building and sends me a wide grin before getting out. I follow her, the obvious question more than likely shining in my eyes.

“You’ll see,” she laughs.

I let her pull me through the doors and guide me towards our animating studio. She waves at a few of the night crew and guides me towards the screening room.

She pushes me into one of the seats and leaves me breathless with another kiss. “Stay here,” she commands. I don’t have the strength in my legs to stand even if I wanted to defy her.

I watch her hips swaying as she makes her way up the aisle and disappears through the door.

This is definitely not how I would’ve liked my night to go. If things would’ve gone my way, we would’ve been playing tonsil hockey beneath our sheets by now.

As that thought pops into my head, I return to pouting. I’d never foreseen the events turning out to happen the way they have. But Liz said that I’d leave here happy and I do trust her. I can’t help but smile as I try and figure out what my sneaky little girlfriend has been plotting.

Not minutes after she’s gone, the lights dim and she scurries down the aisle and settles in my lap.

“Liz, what is going on?” I ask, my arms automatically wrapping around her waist to secure her on my lap.

She shushes me as the screen comes to life.

The credits come on and I watch with wonder. A Max’s Girl Production?

“What is this?”

She clamps her hand over my mouth and I’m forced to pay attention to what’s happening on the screen.

It’s a cartoon, just like the one I made for her.

Her animated counterpart zooms up in a sporty red convertible and winks at a very muscular version of myself.

When I hop in the car, she hands me a wrapped gift to which I immediately open. A heart springs out like a jack in the box. I hug it close as she prettily flutters her lashes.

The scene changes to us in a version of our home. Liz gracefully floats into the room and offers me several sports magazines, a case of beer and…and the remote!

“Aww Liz.” She really does love me.

“Shut it Max.”

I return my attention back to the cartoon.

My character swoons with these extravagant gifts and I almost want to call Liz out. Men do not swoon!

I’m stopped short when Liz’s character gets down on one knee with a sparkling ring clutched in her hands.

The screen goes black and the words, “Well, what do you say Max?” appear.

“What?!” I shriek.

I’m in awe when it finishes. Liz is grinning, crying once more. And in the darkness, I can see a ring lying in soft velvet in her hand.

“The first time this happened to me, I wasn't really in love, but you’re unlike anyone I've ever known. What we have together is different and it’s going to last forever. I love you Max and I would love it if you’d do me the honor of marrying me.”

My eyes dart from the ring to her sparkling eyes. “What?!”

“You see why I couldn’t say yes to you Max? You stole my idea!”

I sputter. “I-I… I did not!”

“You did. I was planning on proposing for awhile now.”

I grin. So much for her not being ready. “I didn’t mean to scare you Max. You just took me by surprise when you asked me.”

“That’s kinda the point munchkin. I did appreciate adding those extra muscles on my cartoon though.”

She giggles, nudging the ring towards me. “Well? What do you say?”

I act as if I have to ponder her question. She made me suffer, so now it’s time for a little pay back.

“I’m not sure about this babe. I mean did you even ask my father for my hand? I’m an old fashioned kind of guy?”

She gets this devilish look in her eye before her small hand clamps down on my crotch. I let out a squeak of painful sweet pleasure.

“Marry me or face the consequences.”

“Yes,” I squeal, my voice unbelievably high, “yes, I’ll marry you.”

She lets go, smiling as innocently as ever. She gracefully slips the ring on my finger and I can’t even comprehend how turned on I am at the moment.

“Well?” she urges. “Aren’t you going to ask me?”

I shake my head. “You have no idea how much of a turn on it is when you boss me around like that.”

“Max!!”

“Okay!” I pull her ring out of my pocket and hold it out for her. “Liz Parker, will you marry me? And if you say no this time, I won’t be held accountable for my actions.”

“Yes, Max. A million, billion times yes.”

As I slip the ring on her petite finger, I feel my heart mending just as quickly as it broke.

“I loved my surprise. Thank you,” she says between kisses. She slips her tongue between my lips and I eagerly open to her. “When we get home, I’m going to thank you properly.”

I shiver as her words hit home. And by home I mean… well, yeah. I remember all the roses and candles I set out earlier that day. When she sees that, I know I’m in for a night of amazingly mind-blowing fun with my fiancé.

Our wedding is beautiful. It’s just a small gathering of our closest family and friends and I couldn’t be happier. As she says her vows and promises to be mine forever I fall all over again. It’s so deep and like nothing I’ve ever felt before, tears come to my eyes.

She sees me, Liz understands me like no one else and every day our love grows deeper. Michael calls me a cornball, but I can’t help it. I’m in love and now I have the honor of calling Liz my wife.

During our reception, we dance until the early morning. Over her shoulder, I see her and my parents talking together and a sense of completion comes over me.

She laughs when I spin her and end in a dip.

She’s now Mrs. Elizabeth Ann Evans. My life. My heart. My soul.

TBC…..
Be at Peace MJ
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - Okay guys, I am finally moved in, I didn't have internet for far longer than I originally expected, but I do have the ending. Thank you guys for sticking with us even when the updates were few and far between, much appreciated.

This is the end...sort, sweet to the point and Tiffany and I both want to thank all of you for reading and sticking with us!

Tanya

Epilogue

And so it goes, time and time again, you hear the words but you can’t quite wrap your mind around them.

“Max, did you hear me?” she asks again and I stare at her, completely amazed. My wife, the girl I was crazy for the first day I met her just told me she’s pregnant.

I don’t know whether to kiss her or cry. I may have been faced with such disappointment in the past but I was willing to accept my fate. Meeting Liz changed things, and while I don’t regret my first marriage, I can now look back and see everything that was wrong with it. I was young, she was young, we thought it was forever; it wasn’t even close.

So as I stand staring at my lovely wife, holding a white and purple stick in her hand, sporting a smile as wide as the ocean, what can I say that would convey the way I feel at this very moment?

Happiness seems to fail in comparison to the emotions sweeping through me like a freight train.

Fear that is a word I can completely relate to at this moment, however. Will I be enough? Will I fail to meet her expectations of me? Will I fail to meet my own expectations of being a father?

Is it too soon? Are we really ready? Hundreds of questions float through my mind at the single thought of having a child, but when I look into my wife’s eyes, all the fear and apprehension drains away and I’m left with one single thought…

Love

It might sound sappy, it may be down right cheesy; but it truly is love. I love my wife, I love our life and her being pregnant makes me love her even more. To think, we created a life together, a life that is a little bit of her and little bit of me is a blessing. A blessing I would never take for granted.

My life has changed for the better over the last three years. It’s fuller than I could have ever imagined. I love waking up next to her; I love listening to her belt out songs that have proven she truly is tone deaf; and I love just being with her and having her in my life.

And so the question must be answered, a reply is needed and I still fall short of one.

I reach out and pull her against me, the pregnancy test dropping on the carpet soundlessly. I stare directly at her, giving her a smile before dropping my head and tasting her sweet lips. Wrapping my arms around her tighter, she lets out a breathy moan as I trail my lips down her exposed neck. Slowly, I slide one hand from her back and move it between us, resting just below her bellybutton. I pause, pull my lips from her and wait until our eyes meet.

“No one in this world could ever make me as happy as you do every single day of my life.”

And she cries, tears stream down her face and I fall to my knees in front of her. I place a kiss on the place my hand just vacated and smile up at her through my own wet eyes.

“I love you, Max.”

I want to tell her ‘I love you’, but again the words seem to fail in comparison to the way I feel.

I wonder if it’s even possible to be as happy as I am and not explode. The sensation can be likened with being lost in the desert with no food or water, and just when you think you can’t go on, you’re rescued.

It’s desperation, it’s frustration, and it’s relief in the purest sense. The type of relief that makes you let out a breath you didn’t know you were holding for so long. It’s refreshing and invigorating. It’s the epitome of bliss.

Unadulterated bliss.

The words are trapped in my mind and in my heart; I look away and then back again. Her love shining brightly in her eyes and on her face and in that moment I find the words. They are simple, but they are true. They are the truest words I can say to her at this moment, besides I love you.

“Thank you, Liz. I don’t think I’ve ever told you that. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for trusting me when I knew how hard it was for you. I wish I could say something more…something beautiful to tell you how happy you’ve made me,” I pause searching once again amongst the sea of words swirling around in my head.

She reaches her hand down and runs her fingers through my hair. “Max, you don’t have to say anything. You’ve given me so much and…” I interrupt her by standing and placing a finger against her lips.

“Do you remember that talk we had a long time ago, at the park?” I ask, and she nods.

“I think about it all the time. I think back now and realize just how important that conversation was and how years from now I will look back and see that, that moment was our beginning. In that moment, on that night, we captured our magic. And I promise you Liz, I promise you with everything I am and everything I will be, that I won’t let that magic die.” Unexpectedly she propels herself into my arms and I lift her from the ground, kissing her lips ardently.

“Max, I promise I won’t let it die either.”

I decide to break the serious moment and say, “Baby, it won’t be easy.”

“Oh, I know it won’t. You are impossible to live with. I mean with your socks taking up home in the middle of the bedroom and the cap off the toothpaste and…” I press my lips fiercely against hers taming her tongue.

“You don’t play fair!” she protests crossing her arms against her chest, when I pull away.

“All’s fair in love and marriage.” I smile at my wife and know our lives have only just begun and so long as I am alive I will make sure, our magic never dies.

<center>**The End**</center>