TAT: In The Beginning (M/L, AU, Mature) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

mareli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: In The Beginning, Part 16

Post by mareli »

Morning Dreamgirl wrote:....With this story, I find myself being completely content and loving it, then I realize that you would never let us off so easily. ...Ashley
mmmm, I got the same feeling... :wink:
Things are going too well... :?
It feels right - it feels right like nothing has ever felt in my life before.

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

So was Max the one who has a service to fulfill? What duty was he avoiding by coming to Earth? And who was in those pods and why? The last paragraph doesn't bode especially well for our favorite couple. Can't wait to see what you're hinting at.

So many questions, which is why I love to read your fics so much. :D Thanks for posting, keep the excellence coming. :wink:

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
frenchkiss70
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: In The Beginning, Part 16

Post by frenchkiss70 »

Morning Dreamgirl wrote:
Breathless wrote:He lingered at the edge of the trees, eyes locked on hers, drinking in her image, until Kyree gruffly let him know it was time to go. He held on to her image for one more minute, committing it to his memory so he would always have it with him, then with a final wave, he followed his hunting companions into the thicket.
Why does that paragraph make me feel as if something big is coming?

I think that the only problem I actually have with it is that I don't know what is coming. With most other stories, you can get an idea, or there's already been a conflict and you're waiting to see how it gets resolved...

With this story, I find myself being completely content and loving it, then I realize that you would never let us off so easily.

True, it'll all be worth it in the end, but still...

I guess I'm just hoping for the best but preparing myself for the worst.

But, other than that :wink: I completely enjoyed this chapter.

I loved the fact that Max has a 'shadow'. I could just see him being followed around by someone who was absolutely fascinated by him!

As far as convincing LeeLee to not go on the hunt - I'm glad that he was able to. It was also interesting that you made the timeline skip ahead by about 6 months. Sort of shows us how Max has become a part of the tribe without having to show us every little step he took to get there.

I'm glad that he has a connection to their child and to LeeLee. I have to admit though that I wonder how that will affect things in the future; mostly as it pertains to LeeLee hunting after she's given birth and the connection that he'll have with his child after it's born.

I suppose I'm just curious as to how far it goes and how much each of them can feel it - whether it's permanent, that sort of thing. Of course I'm sure that if it's truly important, you'll explain it to us in due time.

His memories are often intriguing me, but I won't really comment on them much because I know that you'll deal with it. I just wish that he would tell LeeLee about it.

I loved this chapter!

I wasn't even expecting a part and then I saw that you had posted, and started reading before you could even change the thread to show a new chapter was up - no I'm not hooked... not me... not at all! :roll:

I take this post to mean that you're feeling better. I hope so, it really does feel horrible to not be able to do everything that you want to. It's great to have you back again! However, I completely understand if your parts won't be updated as often as first - I'm sure everyone would agree with me that we would rather have you completely healthy than pushing yourself for us and our addiction to your writing! :oops:

Anyways, as I said, it was an absolutely great chapter and I hope that you're feeling better darlin!

Ashley
Ditto :D
BehrObsession
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BehrObsession »

That was a wonderful part, but I have a feeling that something unexpected and not necessarily welcomed is going to happen soon. Please don't let it be anything horrible. LeeLee and the baby have to be alright, as well as Max. I have to wonder if the "others" in the ship died in the crash. Maybe they just didn't come out of the pods and have been biding their time while Max has made a new life for himself with LeeLee and her people. Guess we'll find out when you're ready to let us. Please post more soon.
RoswellScripter
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoswellScripter »

ohh i loved this chapter but am scared for what is to come!!

so glad about this update!
Mai aka Destiny_Unfolds

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

Let's take care of first things first: YAAAAY! Welcome back!

Ahhh. That said:
He held on to her image for one more minute, committing it to his memory so he would always have it with him, then with a final wave, he followed his hunting companions into the thicket.
And the plot ... thickets...

Awww, Deb! No rest for the weary—you're going to run us to ground again, aren't you? Sigh. I love their happy idyll...
The coordinates flashed on the screen, numbers not listed on any star charts. Or removed eons ago? It was a thought that had crossed his mind. How else would the Granilith know? Only faith guided his hand.
Hmmmm. When you get to your diabolical plotting, however rough the ride, it'll always be ... an adventure.

What concerns me is, that these TAT stories have no guarantees—no insurance, eh? (I was re-reading the challenge stuff the other day.) So we really don't have an assurance that Max won't be ambushed by his past, or that he'll get to see his baby born. (sob)

Anyway—great to have you back!

I think. :shock: (Too soon to tell...)

:D
~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

Great update! So glad you're back!
Roswell 10/2/00
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell 10/2/00 »

Lovely update! I can't wait for more!!!!

Love,
Erin aka Roswell 10/2/00
---------------------------------
What happends when two worlds Collide?
Would you be willing to rick it all for the sake of Love?
Read my story Abduction Seduction
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

wonderful update - So sweet that Leelee is pregnant. But as the others I'm afraid of what is coming
Scottie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Scottie »

Yay, you posted! Great to have you back again, I hope you're all healed and stuff! :wink:

Yeah, I'm feeling the dark clouds gathering now, too. I was just thinking that this was sort of a delightful, fluffy fic, but then again - it is Breathless writing it and I know we can't get off too easy. So, on with the angst!
~Dreamer~
~Slash Ho~
~Sexual Healer~