So Here We Are(AU,M/L,Mature) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

sweetbrowneyes
Addicted Roswellian

So Here We Are(AU,M/L,Mature) (Complete)

Post by sweetbrowneyes »

Winner - Round 9

Title: So Here We Are
Author: Sweetbrowneyes a.k.a Tiffany
Category: M/L
Rating: MATURE
Disclaimer: I again own nothing.
Summary: Max and Liz are days away from their wedding and are happily in love. But because of a misunderstanding they call it off. What will it take for them to get back together? Short five parter, told mostly through flashbacks.

Banner by Behrsgirl77. It's the cute one :lol:

<center>Chapter 1</center>

The annoying buzz of the alarm sounded early in the morning. Liz stirred, smiling before she even opened her eyes when she felt her fiancé’s arms around her waist. She blindly reached to switch off the alarm before turning in his warm embrace.

His eyes fluttered open just as she ran her fingers through his tousled hair. He answered her bright smile with one of his own.

“I don’t want to leave,” she muttered against his arm. “I won’t see you until tomorrow afternoon.”

“Then stay.” He ran his fingers through her hair, combing out the tangles that had formed during the night. “We can stay in bed all day. I’ll even make breakfast.”

“Hmm, that’s tempting but I have to go. We’re doing the last fitting before the wedding.” Then her eyes brightened and she perched herself on her elbow. “Why don’t you come with me so I won’t have to make the drive all the way to Chicago on my own?”

Max immediately cringed. The thought of being surrounded by all those women, fussing over frilly dresses was not his idea of spending his day off. “Maria, Isabel and Tess will be with you.”

It was a five hour drive from Detroit to Chicago, Liz’s birthplace and where the wedding was going to be held. Instead of making the drive twice in one day, she opted to stay over night, which meant she was going to be sleeping alone.

She pouted. “But I’d rather be with you.”

“Sorry baby. I have plans today.”

“And they are?”

He shrugged. “I thought I’d see what Kyle and Michael are up to today.”

“And that’s more important than making sure your fiancée’s dress fits right for our wedding?” She raised her brow expectantly.

“No. I just…” His features contorted into a pleading pout. “Please don’t make me go. Besides, your mother has forbidden me from seeing the dress before the wedding.”

“Fine.” He relaxed, smiling in satisfaction. “I really can’t wait to become Mrs. Max Evans.”

His smile widened as she stretched on top of him. “Give me some sugar, sweetness.” Not wanting to be the one to displease, she gladly joined her lips with his, sighing when she immediately felt the familiar tingle up her spine. His kisses were like a piece of heaven to her and she wouldn’t mind spending the rest of her days like this with him.

His eyes fluttered open, heavy with contentment when she pulled away. “How many more days do I have to wait until you’re officially my wife?”

Her brow crinkled in a frown as she tapped her chin with her finger as if she had to really think about it. She had been counting down the days to their wedding ever since they’d set the date.

“We have exactly four days until you’re legally mine and I can have my way with you.”

His eyes twinkling with mischief and desire, he rolled on top of her, pinning her beneath his warmth. “That sounds promising.” His voice took on that husky tone that always succeeded in making her shiver. “But, why do we have to wait until we’re married for you to have your way with me? I’m a willing participant right now.”

“Of that I’m sure, but right now I have to get ready.”

“You don’t have to do anything right now but let me love you.” Hoping to distract her enough so that she wouldn’t leave him, he slid his knee between her legs and settled between them. His growing erection poked her stomach through his boxers.

Pleased when she wrapped her arms around him, he, peppered light kisses on her neck. “How are you already horny and you just woke up not two minutes ago?”

“Because I’m waking up next to you sweetness,” came his smooth reply. He traveled to her jaw and up to her ear, smiling when she giggled as he blew in her ear. “All you have to do is breathe and I’m turned on.”

Enjoying his ministrations, she sighed. “Of course. You’re a guy. What else do you do but get turned on?”

“Have sex with you.”

Her jaw dropped. “Max, you make it sound like I’m easy.”

He shrugged and trailed a finger down the smooth skin of her arm. “I don’t know Liz. Those legs always open for me.”

“Only because you look so cute when you’re desperate.”

“Come on baby,” he whispered against her lips, “You know I’m irresistible to you.”

She tried to ignore the wonderful sensation his lips were creating when his lips moved to the sensitive spot behind her ear. She couldn’t help but shiver in pleasure.

“M-Max, that’s so not fair,” she sighed even as she buried her fingers in his hair as he continued to hit her spot. “You k-know I can’t…” she shuddered, her eyes closing in sweet bliss. “You know that’s my spot.”

His hands crawled beneath her shirt as he cackled wickedly. “Caught onto my plan huh?”

Max hovered above her with an unmistakable look of lust in his eyes. “Max, my mom’s expecting us around ten and I’ll never make it on time if you…” her sharp gasp sounded around the room as he dipped his tongue around the rim of her ear. “Max.”

Max smiled with his achievement. She wasn’t going any where now. He gazed adoringly at his angel, amazed that such a small woman could capture his heart and take complete control over him. He had never known what it was like to be taken so completely until he met her.

Liz smiled, never tiring of the way he looked at her. He always made her feel special. From day one, though she used to see him as a pest, he always made her feel as if she was the only person he saw. But she was determined to resist him.

At least this once.

Pushing at his chest, she managed to push him off her. “Max, I have to go. My mom…”

“She can wait,” he muttered, already making a reach for the hem of her panties.

“Max!” She fled from the bed, knowing if he got his hands on what he wanted, she’d never get to Chicago. “My mom already thinks you’ve corrupted her precious virginal child…”

Max sighed, realizing he wasn’t going to convince her to stay. “You weren’t a virgin when I met you.”

“Yeah but she doesn’t know that,” she declared as she searched her drawers for something to wear. “If it hadn’t been for you wanting to have sex every minute when we visited my parents last month…”

“Me?! Um, excuse me Ms. Let’s Sneak Up to My Room for a Second I believe it’s your fault that your parents walked in on us that time. I, my beautiful vixen, am the corruptee in this situation.”

She smirked as she turned to regard him. “So I’m malicious now?” She couldn’t stay away, not when he was laying there looking like some kind of god. As she eagerly hopped on top of him, he caught her easily.

Max let his hands slide up her hips to the curve of her waist. “Walking around with this body and not letting me have anything is just down right wrong and you know it.”

Liz laughed, teased him with a sensual kiss before disappearing into the bathroom. She returned seconds later, poking her head into the room.

“Well? Aren’t you going to join me in the shower?”

The speed at which he jumped out of bed could have broken records.

“I can’t believe my baby’s all grown up,” Nancy cooed as Liz stepped out in her wedding dress.

“I know. We did a good job raising her huh Nancy.” Maria smiled while her best friend pranced around, twirling and giggling like she was five again.

“I just wish you would move closer to home,” Nancy pouted. She had been prodding and plotting to try and get Max and Liz to move to Chicago every since Liz graduated from Wayne State University, but she was starting to realize her effort was in vain.

“Mom, we’ve been over this before….”

“I know, I know,” she sighed in defeat, “You two have your lives there. Your jobs and apartment, but… I just miss my baby girl.”

“Mom.”

Nancy waved it off as she dabbed at her misty eyes. “I’m just so happy you found someone that treats you well. Max is such a good boy. You two are just adorable,” Nancy squealed.

Liz’s brow crinkled in confusion. “You mean that you forgive him for corrupting your little girl?”

Nancy snickered. “Oh Lizzie, Max makes you happy. You both glow when you’re with each other and I’ve never seen you like that with anyone else. Another who can make you smile like that is in my good books.”

Fighting back tears, Liz stepped into her mother’ embrace. “Thank you Mom. I love you.”

“I love you too.” Nancy pulled away and smoothed down her daughter’s dress. “Besides, I know you’re no virgin.”

“Mom!!” she shrieked in horror while Maria burst into laughter. “Why does everyone think I’m easy?”

“I didn’t mean it like that sweetheart. Besides, your father’s the one that doesn’t like Max.”

She sighed, the stress of planning a wedding weighing down on her. “I thought you said you were going to talk to him. I love Max and he can’t be angry just because I’m willing to give myself to him intimately.”

“Which is the nice way to say you two were humping like horn dogs.”

“Maria!” Her cheeks burned bright red, Liz rushed into the dressing room.

Max smiled as he looked around his apartment, meeting the faces of all his close friends. After getting shot in the ass, legs and chest while Max, Alex, Kyle and Michael went and played paintball, the guys had brought him back to apartment where a surprise bachelor party was waiting.

Now his living room was full with ten loud, drunken men and Max couldn’t be any happier.

Kyle appeared beside him and slung his arm around his friend’s shoulders. “Well my dear friend. These are your last days as a free man. I hope you enjoy your last hours as a bachelor.”

Max laughed and gestured to Michael to throw him another beer. He had passed his limit a few cans ago, but since Liz wasn’t there, he had no reason to be sober. “Kyle, you make it sound like a jail sentence.”

“Isn’t it?”

Max rolled his eyes. “No. I love Liz and I can’t wait to get married to her.”

Kyle frowned. “You, Max Evans, just had your man card taken away. You are so whipped.”

“I know, but I’m in love and that’s the price.”

Alex stepped in and dragged Max over to a lone chair placed in the middle of the room. “Well for right now, we have a little surprise for the man of honor.”

“What?”

“Hey fellas, shut the fuck up so we can get this started will you?” Michael growled at the rowdy crowd. “Now, in honor of our man here,” Michael clapped an appreciative hand on Max’s shoulder. “We all pitched in and got a little surprise for you. Alex. Kyle.”

Kyle dimmed the lights while Alex turned on the stereo. The front door burst open, revealing a curvy red head, clad in white wings and a long white coat. Though he was drunk, it didn’t take much to figure out there was next to nothing beneath it.

“Max, meet Angel.”

Max reached for another drink as she approached. “You got me a stripper?” he barked at his hooting friends. “Liz’ll kill me.”

He couldn’t tear his eyes away when she began to gyrate to the music. The men around him interrupted into a loud roar when she peeled off her coat, revealing a sparkling white garter belt with matching g-string. She swayed around him, leisurely pulling off her top as she went.

Max, who was close to panting, fought to look away. He had a fiancée. He loved her and this woman had… large breasts that she was now thrusting in his face. It was all in fun. This was her job, he told himself. Besides, Liz was gone until tomorrow.

Angel climbed onto his lap, moving her hips, rubbing her thighs against his. Max gulped and tugged at his collar.

Before he knew it, the door was opening. He knew he wouldn’t be able to handle another stripper. But a shriek over the music caught his attention and his eyes widened when he saw the love of his life, standing shocked in the doorway.

The room grew suddenly silent while Max sat dumbfounded with the scantly clad stripper perched on his lap.

In a calm tone, Liz asked, “What’s going on in here?” Max wasn’t fooled by her seemingly coolness. The way she impatiently tapped her foot was a dead give away and he knew he was in for it.

Alex snorted. “You’d think that be pretty obvious.”

Liz’s sharp gaze whipped to sting Alex, who shrunk away under her stare. “Max?” She returned her attention to her stricken fiancé, nothing that he had yet to remove the shirtless woman from his lap. “What’s going on here?”

Max blinked, finally shaking himself back into reality just as the guys scrambled from the room, knowing that Liz could blow any second. “Liz,” he pleaded as the stripper fell to the floor when he got up to go to her. “I can explain.”

“You’d better and it better be good Max.” She stormed into their bedroom, not waiting for him to follow.

Max stumbled in her wake and shut the door behind him. He was immediately overcome by her anger.

“Max I can’t believe you! I just… What the fuck were you thinking?!”

Max winced. “I wasn’t. Liz, I’m drunk.”

“Oh, I’m sorry and that’s supposed to make it okay for you to be sucking another woman’s enormous breasts!! What? You wanted to experience bigger ones because you’d be stuck with mine in four days?!”

Max sighed and leaned against the door. “Liz you know it’s not like that. The guys wanted to throw me a party. I had no idea about it.”

She snorted, collapsing onto the bed with her arms folded stubbornly across her chest. “Here I am driving hours just to get back to you, and I find this.”

“It was just a lap dance.”

“Just a lap dance? And did you enjoy yourself Max? How would you feel if you caught me with some male stripper? You’d be pissed and testosterone would be all over the fucking place. What made you think that I would be okay with this Max?”

Max shrugged, growing annoyed with her by the second. “It was just a lap dance,” he reiterated. ”You act like I was fucking her on the carpet.”

Her jaw dropped, appalled by his audacity. “You might as well have. Max, she was practically naked!! We’re engaged to be married and you’re up here with a sleazy stripper and you see nothing wrong with that?!”

“Liz they threw me the damn party. What was I supposed to do?!”

“You could’ve told them that you didn’t want the party. You could’ve…”

“Jesus Liz! I was just having a little fun!”

“Yeah you really looked like you were enjoying yourself there you asshole!”

“Why are you being a bitch about this? I was just doing one last thing before we get married!”

She fumed. “What being single?! Being free from me? Cause that’s what it looked like you were doing Max. Why do you feel you have to do anything before we get married?! You act as if you don’t want to get married in the first place.”

“Maybe I don’t if you’re going to act like this!”

The pregnant silence that followed was suffocated with regret. Max watched her face fall and even through his clouded haze, he knew he’d just crossed the line.

Swallowing her pride, Liz tilted her chin up in defiance. “Fine Max,” Her voice cracked as she headed for the door. “You do whatever you want. You go be with whoever you want.”

Max fell to the floor, when she pushed passed him on her way out. It wasn’t until he heard the front door closing that realized what’d a mistake they’d just made.

TBC………
Last edited by sweetbrowneyes on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
sweetbrowneyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sweetbrowneyes »

Hey all! I didn't expect this much feedback, so thanks! :lol: It's nice to see everyone's opinons about this.

And lizard_queen, I'm not really sure what a Bloc Party is. Unless you're talking about an actual block party. :roll: Yeah, we don't have too many of those around here.

Anyway, here's the new part. 3 more to go. Enjoy :wink:

<center>Chapter 2</center>

“Liz, what’s going on?”

Tess ushered her friend into the confines of her apartment where she lived with Isabel. Isabel, who was lounging in the living room, sat up in attention when she saw Liz’s tears.

“What happened? Is everything okay?” she asked, patting the empty space beside her for Liz to sit.

“Do we need to call Maria?” Tess was already reaching for the phone as Liz nodded.

Maria lived just a few blocks away and in a few minutes, she was bursting into the living room, firing questions left and right.

“Well if you would shut up for a bit,” Isabel hissed as she pulled the hyper blonde onto the couch, “Then maybe she would tell us what’s wrong.”

“Does this have anything to do with Max?” Tess asked. She had known Liz long enough to know that Liz rarely got emotional over things. But if it was one thing she was passionate about it was Max.

“While we were on our trip your wonderful significant others came up with the brilliant idea to throw Max bachelor party,” Liz explained.

Maria growled, already thinking of ways to wring Michaels’s neck. “I should’ve known I couldn’t let that man out of my sight. God, he needs baby-sitting twenty-four hours a day.”

Tess shrugged, having a trouble finding the problem with all this. “I’m sorry, but I don’t see the problem here.”

“There was a stripper involved.”

“He didn’t… you know…” Isabel gestured for Liz to finish her thought, hoping she wouldn’t have to say it out loud. She didn’t believe that Max would do something to upset Liz. He was so crazy about her, it was almost annoying.

“No…”

“Okay, so guys are idiots and they’re dogs,” Tess complied. “Max had a bump-and-grinder at his party. A little slap worthy, but I still don’t see…”

“Afterwards,” Liz continued, “We got into an argument. I saw the way he was looking at her. I overreacted and said some things… he was drunk and…”

“Oh Liz.” Maria kneeled in front of her friend and embraced her.

“So what happened?” Tess queried.

“I told him that he was acting like he wanted to be single and enjoy other women and then I accused him of not wanting to get married and then… then he... the wedding’s off,” she cried, sobbing into Maria’s shoulder.

“Oh sweetie, it’s going to be okay. Max was drunk, I’m sure he didn’t mean what he said and I know you didn’t mean what you said.”

Isabel handed Liz a box of Kleenex and she dabbed at her watery eyes. “I know, but I can’t take them back. And what if this is a sign? If we’re having problems and we’re not even married yet what does that say about us?”

“Liz, Max is head over heels in love with you. If you’ve tolerated him this long, then I know you two will make it,” Tess laughed, earning a small smile from Liz.

“But I’m just not sure. I love him so much and I don’t want to be with anyone else. But how do I know he feels the same? What he said tonight…”

“He was drunk Liz.”

“Yeah, but don’t they say that the truth comes out with you’re intoxicated? You lose your inhibitions. Maybe that’s how he really feels.”

Despite the situation, Maria burst into laughter. “Liz, this is one little fight. I think your nerves about the wedding are getting to you. Max has been chasing you since the day you two met.”

Tess also let out a few giggles, remembering when Liz used to complain about Max when he would constantly ask her out. “Didn’t he have a girlfriend back then?”

Isabel frowned, having joined their circle of friends just a few months ago when she and Alex got together. “How come I don’t know this story? You got Max to cheat on his girlfriend?” She leaned forward in anticipation of hearing a juicy story.

In light of her tears, Liz cracked a smile in remembrance of the day Max Evans cockily stormed into her life.

<center>Five Years Earlier</center>

Once the ketchup bottles were arranged into a perfectly balanced tower, Liz moved on to the mustard, sighing as she glanced at the clock. Her shift was barely half over and the restaurant was practically empty, except for the few regulars who opted to stay on the Detroit campus during the weekend.

“Liz, there’s a hottie and his bimbo in your section,” Maria said as she stood beside Liz behind the counter.

Liz glanced at the entering couple. Her eyes landed on a tall gorgeous man with dark brown hair. He was lean, but muscled, a fact that his jeans and t-shirt showed off well.

“Maria, how do you know that they’re together?”

“I know all sweetie,” she sighed, patting her friend’s cheek.

Liz shook her head in amazement. Though Maria was a freshman at Wayne State University, as was Liz, it seemed she knew everyone despite her short time spent on campus whereas Liz still couldn’t get all the names of her professors correct.

“Besides, that’s the bitch that side-swiped my car and then got her father to make me pay for both our cars. How’d she get lucky to have a lawyer as a father? It’s not my fault her boobs obstructed her view.”

“So, take the table and pour her drink in her lap,” Liz suggested with a smirk, knowing that Maria wasn’t above doing it either.

“Nah. I’m already in trouble for breaking those dishes. Go do your thang and I’ll take over the masses here.” She gestured to the tower of bottles while nodding in the direction of the new customers. “And make sure you get that guy’s phone number. He looks too good to be with her. You’d look much better with him.”

“Shut up,” Liz laughed.

Liz snatched up two menus on her way to her patrons. Maria was right about one thing, the guy was hot.

The two seemed to be deep in conversation. Liz politely waited until she caught the male’s attention.

“Hi, I’m Liz and I’ll be your waitress this afternoon. Would you like anything to drink?”

Immediately attracted to the woman standing in front of him, Max smiled in appreciation, ignoring his girlfriend’s glare from across the table.

“Can I get water please?”

Smiling sweetly, Liz placed their menus on the table and turned to the female, her annoyed glares not lost on her. But Liz had experience. She knew how to ignore it. “And for you?”

“Lemonade,” she surly replied.

“Is that…”

“And put exactly three ice cubes in it, I don’t want it to be watery and make sure it’s cold. I want it freshly squeezed with a straw.”

Max watched her go, his appreciative smile growing as his eyes lingered on her round backside. He could feel Emily’s harsh glare, but chose to ignore her considering that he wasn’t planning on dealing with her for much longer.

“So Max,” Emily crooned, “My roommate went home for the weekend and I have the room all to myself. I was thinking that you and I could…”

“Emily, I don’t think…”

She pouted, her voice screeching in an annoying whine. “Well why not? It’d be fun, just you and me. I never get to see you anymore.”

“I spent all last night with you.”

“Come on Max. You know it’ll be fun.”

Max’s attention was averted, however, as Liz sauntered towards them. Her hips swayed gently beneath her short uniform and her legs looked smooth and tan, just aching for him to touch.

“Here are your drinks.” She smiled at Max, who she couldn’t help but notice was watching her. “One water and one lemonade. Anything else?”

Emily took a sip of her drink, only to spit it back out again. Liz shrieked, stumbling back in horror when she felt the liquid spray over her uniform.

“Emily!” Max hollered when he realized what she’d done.

“What? It’s not cold enough,” she grumbled.

Without another word, Liz stomped into the backroom and Max quickly followed until Emily caught his arm.

“Where are you going?” she sulked.

Ignoring her, he pulled his arm out her grasp and stealthily slid through the door he’d last seen Liz disappear through.

“Hey,” he said when he spotted her, dabbing feverishly at her uniform. “Need some help?”

She barely spared him a glance. “How’d you get back here?”

He smirked and grabbed a handful of paper towels from the roll beside her. “It’s not like there were any high maximum security guards or anything out there.”

“Cute,” she sneered.

“I know you are but what am I?” He smiled and handed her the paper towels as she raised a quizzical brow.

“Why are you bothering me?”

His smile still intact, Max casually leaned against the small lockers against the wall. “Am I bothering you? ‘Cause most people think that I’m good company.”

Liz sighed. While tossing the towels away, she watched him out the corner of her eye. “Well I guess I’m not in that crowd.”

He dramatically grabbed at his chest. “That breaks my heart.” Following his dramatic statement, he stuck out his hand. “I’m Max by the way. I assume you want to know the name of the handsome young charmer in front of you.”

“I do,” she smiled, taking his hand, “But I don’t see him around,” she retorted with a twinkle in her eyes.

He hissed. “You’re brutal.”

Curious and intrigued by him, she asked, “What do you want?”

“I just wanted to apologize for Emily. She’s… well I’m sorry about that.”

She smiled, pleased that he’d do that. “Apology accepted I guess.”

“And…”

“And?”

“And… I wanted to tell you that I think you are beautiful and we should get together some time. ”

“Excuse me?” She laughed in disbelief. “I can’t believe you just asked me that.”

“Why not? You’re gorgeous sweetness. You must get this all the time.”

Liz was tempted to oppose that statement, but decided against it.

“Okay. Isn’t she your girlfriend?” she asked as she gestured to the door.

Max crossed his arms and clicked his tongue. “You know, I could lie, say no and then charm my way onto a date with you, but being the honest guy I am, I’m going to say yes.”

“Honest?” she scuffed. “Your girlfriend is sitting out there waiting for you and you’re back here hitting on me? What makes you think that that’d earn you any brownie points?”

His smug smirk never faltered. “See, you didn’t let me finish. We’re on the verge of breaking up.”

“Oh really?” Her arms folded across her chest as if challenging him to continue.

“Yeah. She’s a little clingy and if you haven’t noticed, she’s kind of a bitch.”

“Kind of?”

”This is the fifth time I tried to break up with her. She cries and I can’t take all that.”

“Ah. Poor baby.” She patted his cheek in mock sympathy.

“I know right?”

“Ah. I get it. You break her heart by breaking up with her and by bringing her to a public place to do it you hope that she doesn’t make a scene.”

“That’s the plan.” She could smell his soap and she took a deep breath in. Maria was definitely right. This guy was hot. He stepped closer, his hand brushing against her arm.

“And I’m thinking that after that you and I could…”

Ignoring the butterflies in her stomach, she pasted on a haughty smile to match his. “Not going to happen.”

He nodded in acceptance even though he stepped closer. “Okay. But just remember that I can be very persistent and if I want something bad enough, I get what I want.”

She held strong, fighting the urge to lean into him. But God help her, she was already being lured into his web.

“Is that a threat?” she challenged defiantly.

He kept a steady gaze when he leaned forward, his mouth hovering just above hers. His fingers brushed against her cheek as he slipped a strand of her hair behind her ear. Her skin was softer and her hair was silkier than he imagined it was.

“It’s a promise sweetness.”

He breezed passed her, leaving her swaying on her feet and a smile on her lips.

“And?” Isabel shrieked in anticipation, hanging off the edge of the couch. “What happened after that?”

“Well, he broke up with his girlfriend and then hung out with me until my shift was over. He asked me out and I said no.”

“Idiot,” Maria coughed into her hand, receiving a glare from Liz.

“What? Why?”

Liz shrugged. “He just broke up with his girlfriend and I was a freshman and he was a sophomore. He was already used to college life and I was still struggling and… I don’t know he just seemed like...”

“Exactly what you were looking for?” Tess finished.

“Yeah,” Liz sighed dreamily. He was still everything she wanted and needed in a man.

“So what happened?” Isabel asked. “When did you two hook up?”

“Well we didn’t have our first date until three months later, during which he kept hounding me to go out with him, but I didn’t have time for a boyfriend.” She smiled, remembering the way Max used to chase her. He always made her feel special, even with just one look.

“But a month before that, we had our first kiss. It was storming outside…”

“I’m coming!!” Liz tossed her hair into a messy bun and tied the loose strings of her robe twice around her small waist. Glancing at the clock on the wall as she made her way to the persistent knock at the door, she frowned, wondering who would be visiting at such a late hour.

“Max!” He stood, drenched and shaking, but it didn’t dim the bright smile he proudly sported.

“Hi Liz,” he stuttered, waving a wet hand, flinging droplets of water onto her robe.

It took awhile for her to get her slackened jaw to work again. “What are you doing here so late? You’re all wet.”

He shuddered against the cold, shoving his hands in his pockets as if it’d help. “Really? I hadn’t noticed.”

“Funny,” she snorted.

He tapped the door with his foot, and peered inside of her apartment. “Can I come in?”

“Oh sure!” She stepped aside and let him pass, closing the door behind her. She took the time to admire the way his wet jeans stuck to his backside before stepping fully into the apartment.

“God, you must be freezing. Let me get you some towels.”

“Or you could just share your robe.”

Liz snickered, used to his lines by now. Unfazed, she led him to the bathroom. “Even while frozen you manage to throw out cheap come ons.”

“You know how I do sweetness.”

She was momentarily taken by his smile, which always had her weakening every time he flashed her one.

She helped him peel off his jacket and set it in the tub to dry before grabbing several towels from the linen closet. She wrapped one around his shoulders. “What are you doing out this late in this storm? It’s almost midnight.”

“I know. I was driving home from work and I was trying to drive through this flooded street. The water was deeper than I thought and my car stalled. I’ve been walking for miles and your place was the closest.”

“Jeez Max. You’re so cold.” She ruffled the towel through his wet hair.

Max watched her as she moved and wondered if she truly had no idea of how beautiful she was or if she played like she didn’t. Either way, he found himself thinking about her every spare second. She intrigued him in a way no other woman had before and his need to see her was insatiable.

“You need to get out of these clothes before you catch your death,” she said. She left him shivering alone only to return moments later with clothes for him to wear.

“What is this?” He crunched his nose as he held up a purple Hello Kitty t-shirt.

“It’s so big I use it as a night gown. But on you, it should fit.” Knowing he had no other options, Max shrugged.

“Where’d the boxers come from?”

“Old boyfriend. He had his own drawer.”

Max raised a curious brow. “Oh? And when do I get mine?”

“Never,” she laughed.

Max eyed the boxers, knowing that if he had his own drawer than he and Liz must have been intimate.

“Lucky bastard,” he muttered, his words never reaching Liz’s ears.

Liz eyed him as he pulled off his shirt, his muscles flexing and bunching as his dried his chest off. She failed to turn away when he unbuckled his jeans.

“Looking for a show Parker?” he kidded, the smug smile never failing to take shape.

“Shut up.” Leaving him to change, Liz headed into the living room and flipped on the television. She turned up the volume to drown out the sounds of the thunder.

Max’s low sigh grabbed her attention and she turned to where he stood, looking miserable in her Hello Kitty gown which fit like a t-shirt on him. “This is what my life has come down to.”

She couldn’t help the laughter that bubbled up and she doubled over as he pouted.

“Do I look even a little bit of masculine in this?

“Not really,” she giggled. “Where’s a camera when you need it?”

Once she settled down, Max loaded the DVD player with a movie while she got some snacks before joining him on the couch.

“I’m not keeping you up am I?” he asked.

“No,” she said as she tossed a blanket over both their laps. “I was already up. You know, with the storm and all.” With a small nod, he swung his arm across the back of the couch as Liz leaned against him, tucking her small feet beneath her.

They watched in silence, enjoying the movie in comfortable peace. “I think its fate you know… that I’m here now,” he said. Liz lifted her head from his chest to regard him. “The gods are with us Liz.”

She laughed. “The gods?”

“Yeah. There’s no where else I’d rather be.”

She smiled, warmed by his simple honesty. “I’m glad you’re here too. Maria is staying the night with this guy she’s seeing so um… I’m here by myself.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. It um... It gets a little frightening being here all by myself with the storm so… so I’m glad you’re here.”

He had never wanted to taste her lips as much as he wanted to just then. Figuring it was as good of time as any, he leaned in, only to be interrupted by the loud boom of thunder. The light wavered and the TV flickered as lightening flashed outside the window.

Much to Liz’s surprise, Max jumped.

“I guess won’t be much help. I’m afraid of thunder and lightening,” he admitted, looking adorably sheepish.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah.” He scratched behind his ear, embarrassed by his fear. “One time when I was little, I was outside during a thunder storm and all of a sudden, this flash of light appeared right in front of me and I could just feel the heat and energy even though it didn’t hit me. And at seven or eight…”

“It scars you for life,” she finished.

“Yeah.”

“Thank God it didn’t hit you,” she sighed.

“Yeah.,” he breathed softly, “Or else I might not look as good as I do now.”

She giggled. “You’re so full of it.” Unable to stop herself, she let herself be drawn into his eyes. She hadn’t realized how close his lips were to touching hers before. She breathed in his scent as she threw caution into the wind and leaned into him, waiting for him to make the last move.

Loathing to pass up this chance, Max closed the small space between them and their lips touched in the softest of touches.

“It’s about time you gave in,” he murmured before leaning in once more. He caressed her lips slowly, wanting to brand her softness into memory. His heart jumped, as did hers and the kiss deepened until another round of thunder vibrated the room.

The two jumped apart, flushed and dazed as the lights wavered and finally shut off.

“Oh my God!” Liz shrieked. “Max!”

“Liz, relax,” he soothed, stilling her waving hands in the dark. “Don’t worry. It’s just a little power outage. You’ve got some candles and flashlights right?”

“Yeah,” she squeaked while she clutched his hand. “There’re some in the kitchen drawer.”

“Okay. Good then.”

“Well,” she drawled when he didn’t get up, “Aren’t you going to go?”

Lightening flashed and the rain pounded against the window. Max turned towards her, squinting to make out her figure. “It’s dark in there,” he proclaimed.

“Yeah I think that’s what happens when the power goes out Max,” she deadpanned.

He nudged her with his elbow. “Then you go.”

She shook her head at the absurdity of the situation. “This is a shame,” she laughed.

“We’re grown,” Max added. “We should be able to do this. I’m a man damn it!”

“Right!”

He stood, ready to stride in the dark to the kitchen until the thunder crackled and he buckled. He reached out for her hand. “Come with me?”

“Wuss,” she muttered.

Fingers tightly laced, Max and Liz trekked across the apartment and into the kitchen. When they returned, they scattered the lit candles around the room before huddling under the blanket on the couch.

They sat together, listening to the rain and exchanging light caresses. “You know what?” Max started.

“What?”

“This is the perfect romantic setting.”

Liz smiled, noticing how the candles’ shimmering light made his skin glow. “Yeah. Nothing but candles all around…”

“…A beautiful girl in the arms of an equally handsome guy.”

Thunder cracked and Max yelped. Liz laughed.

“And a cowardly guy who’s afraid of a little rain.”

“That’s harsh Liz.” He couldn’t hide his smile when he cupped her soft cheek in his hand. “I deserve a kiss for that.”

“You know what? I think you do too.”

They connected while the thunder and lightening faded into the background.

TBC……

I'll be back Wednesday.
Be at Peace MJ
sweetbrowneyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sweetbrowneyes »

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Only 2 more parts to go. I hope you enjoy. :wink:

<center>Chapter 3</center>

Three pairs of eyes turned his way as Max strode into the apartment, immediately heading for the kitchen for another drink. Nursing a beer, Max collapsed onto the couch and was met with the knowing stares of his friends.

Michael shook his head and turned his attention to the TV. “So I’m assuming that since you’re here, things didn’t go so well.”

Max clicked his heavy tongue. “Nope.”

Alex clapped his hand on Max’s shoulder in offering of comfort. “Did she kick you out?” Max shook his head dejectedly.

Kyle spared his friend a sideways glance before turning back to the TV. “So what happened?”

“We argued.”

“Don’t tell me you two called it quits.”

“Yep.” He hiccupped. “I’m a free man.”

Jaws dropped and stunned gasps were emitted. All eyes were on him. Alex was the first to recover. “Did she call off the wedding?”

“I did.”

Alex choked on a potato chip while Michael nearly spit out his beer. “Why the hell did you do that?” Kyle growled.

“I’m an asshole.”

“You’ve got to be to give up an ass like that,” Michael muttered.

“I didn’t... I didn’t mean to do it I didn’t know what I was saying. It just came out.” He let his head drop to the back of the couch as the weight of the situation began to sink in. “I don’t even know why I said it.”

“So what’d she say?”

“Nothing,” he laughed disbelievingly. “She left. I’m guessing she went to Isabel and Tess’.”

The three men exchanged worried glances, not only for their fiend, but for themselves. “So are you going to fix it or what?” Alex asked.

Max shrugged as he brought the bottle to his lips, intending on taking a drink, but speaking instead. “I don’t know if I can. You didn’t see her face when she left. She was just… God how did I fuck this up?”

Alex blew out a loud breath. “I’d say sticking your face in that angel’s tits did the trick.”

Max hid his curse in his bottle. He guzzled down half, the cold, stinging liquid did nothing to soothe him. “Whose dazzling idea was it to get me a fucking stripper in the first place?”

He was met with silence. Unbeknownst to him, his friends silently pointed fingers, wanting to thrust all the blame on one person though they all contributed.

“Yeah well, when Liz tells the girls what happened, they’ll have all our asses.”

“Max, fix this shit!” Michael demanded.

“That means no ass?” Kyle pouted.

Max sighed. All that work to win Liz’s heart and he might have blew it because of an idiotic mistake. She was the best thing that ever happened to him and all he ever wanted was for her to be his.

<center>Five Years Earlier</center>

Liz blindly reached for Max’s hand as the car slipped along the slick road. The winters were harsh in Detroit but by Max being a native and Liz being from Chicago, they were used to the cold but it was the icy roads that worried Liz.

“Max, are you going to tell me where we’re going?”

“No,” he grinned.

She pouted. “Well can I at least take off the blindfold?”

“No.”

“I finally agree to go out on a date with you and this is how you treat me?” she sulked, though she couldn’t keep the smile out of her tone.

He rubbed her knuckles with the pad of his thumb. He knew she was nervous about the roads and he wanted to comfort her in any way possible. “Usually I don’t have to work so hard to get a girl to agree to go out with me,” he supplied as if it were common knowledge. “I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m kind of good looking.”

“I didn’t notice,” she snorted. “I did, however, notice those ears. They’re quite… momentous.”

He chuckled at her dig. “Don’t you think that’s a tad bit over exaggerated?”

“Nope,” she sung, smiling as she laced their fingers together. Max released the steering wheel to pump his fist in achievement.

“We’re here,” he announced moments later, pulling into a deserted parking lot.

“Where’s here?”

“You’ll see,” he answered mysteriously. “Stay here. I’ll be right back.”

“Max’s what’s going on?”

“Have patience sweetness.” He shut off the car and shoved his keys into his pocket. “I’ve been patient for three months. It’s your turn to suffer.”

She could just picture his devilish smile. “Ah, so this is payback?”

“It’s horrible not being able to see my handsome face isn’t it?”

“Max!”

“Okay,” he chuckled, his eyes drifting to her mouth which was the only thing, beside the bottom of her nose, not covered by the blindfold. Unable to maintain a hold on his control at that moment, he leaned over the space between the seats and cupped her beloved face in his glove-covered hands. “Just… let me…” His lips touched hers, their softness always amazing him. He wondered if she felt the spark he felt when they touched.

“Mm, why don’t we just stay here?” she suggested.

“Very tempting,” he purred, leaning in for one more smooch. “If you keep pouting your lips like that then we might just have to.”

Liz shivered. Almost certain it was because of Max’s kisses and not the cooling air in the car. When he kissed her, he kissed her thoroughly, making sure she was satisfied every time.

“Are you trying to seduce me?”

“That’s on the schedule for later.”

She rolled her eyes behind her blindfold. “Really,” she said in a flat tone.

“Yes. Now let’s go so we can get to that part of our date.” Liz waited, albeit impatiently as he climbed out of the car. She fiddled with the zipper of her coat until she heard the door opening and Max scooped her into his arms.

She squealed excitedly, burying her face into his neck as the chilled air hit her. “You think you’re getting some ass tonight don’t you?”

“I’m hoping,” he laughingly replied before he turned serious. “But… you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do.” He stepped into the warm building and set her on her feet. “I’m just happy you’re here.”

She felt the brush of her hand against her cheek before his lips grazed softly over hers. She swayed unsteadily, wanting desperately to see him. “When can I take this off and see that handsome face of yours?”

He grinned, and made sure everything was in place before he stood behind her and slipped his arm around her waist as he untied her blindfold. “Surprise,” he whispered into her ear.

It took awhile before her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, but when they did she beamed and leaned back into his embrace. “You brought me to a skating rink?”

“Yeah. I remember you told me that you like to skate so I thought it’d be fun.”

She looked surprised as she stepped onto the polished floor. “You were listening?”

“You sound surprised.”

“Yeah well, you’re a guy.” She shrugged.

“Ah. That explains it.” He handed her, her rollerblades, prompting a questioning look from her. “Maria,” he answered.

He pulled her over to a bench just outside of the rink and they slid on their skates. Max glided over to the stereo and flicked it on. He joined Liz in the rink and took her hand.

“So, you wanna let me in on your secret? How did you do all this?” she asked, gesturing to the laser lights that swirled around the room to the beat of the music.

He smiled, pulling her along as he skated backwards. “A friend of mine owns this place and... you don’t want to know what I had to do to get it all to ourselves.” She giggled, letting him pull her into his arms. “Have I earned any brownie points yet?”

“You’ve got a few.” She welcomed his kiss, countering his caress with her own. She had been resisting him for three months already because she claimed that she wasn’t ready for a boyfriend and now she couldn’t get enough. She swiped her tongue over his lip, eager to invite him into the warmth of her mouth before he was suddenly gone.

His warmth was replaced by nothing and she opened her eyes just in time to see him reaching out for her as he flipped backwards over the guard railing.

Concern flooding throughout her body, she kneeled beside him and helped him right himself. “Max! Jeez, are you okay?”

“Yeah,” he groaned as he rubbed at his head and struggled to free his skate from the railing.

Realizing he was okay, she relaxed. “Liz, help,” he grunted, gesturing to his skate that was caught between the narrow bars of the railing.

Liz smiled at the scene he made. “Here he is, cool and smooth Max Evans… on his back with his legs in the air. Just the way I want him.” She erupted in laughter, ignoring his desperate struggles to get free as she collapsed over his chest in a fit of giggles.

“I guess I’ve just lost all my brownie points,” he laughed.

“No,” she squeaked, letting out her last few giggles before she pulled his foot free. “You’ve still got your brownie points. It’s just your cool points that are suffering.”

“Hardy har har. Help me up please.”

Once he was steady on his feet, the two resumed skating until Max pulled her into the kitchen where they made pizza, though half the dough ended up on the floor when Max flung a chunk at Liz, starting a food fight that covered every inch of the small kitchen with sauce.

“This is just might be the best pizza I’ve ever had,” Max commented as he licked the sauce off Liz’s neck.

Somewhere in the mist of their food fight, they had ended up on the floor, rolling in a pool of sauce, shredded cheese and pepperoni as they engaged in fierce lip lock.

Liz emitted a loud moan as Max nibbled on a sensitive spot behind her ear. He smiled against her. “Looks like I’ve found you’re spot, Miss Parker,” he teased, kissing his way back up to her lips.

She rolled them over, her eyes dazed and darkened with desire. He knew what she wanted and Max shivered.

Against his better judgment, Max dislodged his tongue from the sweet warmth of her mouth and pulled back, groaning when she whimpered in protest and tried to pull him back. “Liz, sweetness, you don’t know how much I want to continue this…”

She shifted on top of him, feeling his arousal through his jeans. “I think I know.” She smirked, loving the glazed look in his eyes and knowing that she was the one that put it there.

If it weren’t for the fact that they were laying on the kitchen floor of a roller rink, then Max wouldn’t have hesitated in taking her. “God… Liz we really should get this cleaned up.”

Hearing the strain in his tone and knowing he was seconds from having his way with her on the floor was enough for Liz and she quietly slid off him. “Can we save this for later?” she asked almost timidly.

“You don’t even have to ask sweetness.” With one more kiss, full with promise of more to come, the two cleaned up the mess they made and shared the small amount of pizza they were able to salvage.

By the time Max was done showing off for Liz on the rink, it was late and neither was ready to pack up.

“I told Todd that we’d be out by eleven and well, its five minutes to.”

Unhappy, but nodding anyway, Liz pulled off her skates and slid on her boots. “I can’t believe we’ve been here since seven,” she laughed.

He smiled, pleased that he was able to make her happy. He helped her into her coat before bundling up in his own parka. Max checked to make sure everything was as it should.

“I had a great time Max,” she confessed as he took her hand and led her out of the building. “Thank you.”

His smile didn’t last long when they were hit with the bitter cold of the Detroit air. It had started to snow once again, laying a thick blanket over everything it touched.

Max pulled her along, but Liz was skeptical. “Max, do you think it’s safe to drive. I mean, it’s coming down pretty hard.” The snow already completely covered the foot of her boots.

Max opened her door and let her climb in before running to the driver’s side. “Liz, it’s not like we have a long way to go. We’ll be fine.”

Turing the heat to full blast, Max pulled out of the parking lot, grasping Liz’s hand as she nervously bit her lip. Two blocks later, Max had to admit that the stuff was coming down hard. He turned on the windshield wipers as fast as they could go as the car sloshed down the street.

“Max…” Liz whimpered as the car rocked with the force of the wind.

“Don’t worry sweetness, we’ll go to my place. It’s closer.” He brought her hand to his lips, hoping to calm her.

Soon, they were at his apartment building, where Max practically carried Liz for fear she’d get carried off by the wind.

“That’ll wake you up huh?” he teased, receiving a playful shove from Liz as they rode the elevator to his apartment.

“Where’s Michael?” She shrugged off her coat and boots for Max to take before stepping deeper into the apartment. She had visited numerous times before, so she was quite familiar with his place.

“I don’t know. Probably somewhere with your roommate.” He shrugged nonchalantly as he stepped behind her and rubbed her arms.

“Aren’t you worried about him? God, I need to call Maria, I know she’s worried.”

She rushed to the phone, leaving Max rolling his eyes. “Liz, we’re men,” he announced, puffing out his chest for emphasis. “We don’t worry about each other in situations like this.”

“Says who?” she queried as she dialed her phone number.

“It’s in the man rules,” he explained. “But you wouldn’t know ‘cause you’re not a man.” He disappeared into the kitchen but poked his head out in after thought. “Thank god! Or else I might have to re-examine some things.”

She laughed, wondering how she got lucky enough to snatch him up.

She joined him in the kitchen once she got off the phone. “Well just so you know, Michael’s fine. He’s staying at my apartment.”

He nodded and offered her some crackers front he sleeve he was holding. She took a few, shivering as he slid an arm around her waist.

“You cold?”

“Something like that,” she smirked.

“Well,” he purred, setting the crackers aside, “I’ve got something to warm you right up.”

“Oh yeah,” she challenged, turning his arms. His lips were just a breath away, her heart thumped in anticipation and his hands on her hips seemed to burn right through her clothes.

“Yeah.” She distantly wondered why there was a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, but the thought quickly fled as his lips briefly brushed over hers before grazing over her ear. He nibbled on her before whispering, “We go swimming.”

Shocked into silence, Liz watched him laugh as he pulled her out of the kitchen, grabbing his keys on the way to the door.

“Max, what are you doing?” she squealed, having to run to keep up with his long strides or else be dragged down the hallway. “Did you not see the blizzard outside or are you seriously ill?! What are you doing?”

He summoned the elevator and sent her a secretive smile. “We’re going swimming sweetness.”

“But Max…” She was cut off when she was pulled into the elevator. There was barely a second between the time it took him to choose the first floor on the panel and pin her against the wall. She was momentarily stunned, the closing doors of the elevators her last sight before his lips crashed onto hers and her eyes flickered shut. His tongue fiercely probed and prodded, gaining easy access into the warm crevices of her mouth.

Her deep moan was promptly swallowed and his hands that were placed against the wall beside her head now roamed freely down her sides.

The elevator chimed and he tore away from her, grasping her hand. She briefly thought he was crazy as she dazedly stumbled behind him until she saw the indoor pool through the large windows, illuminated by several underwater lights.

“Oh,” she breathed.

“They heat it during the winter months.” He unlocked the door, pulling her through before locking it back.

She rolled up her pants and stuck her feet in the warm water, watching Max as he went about pulling the shades down over the large windows. “People have birthday’s parties and shit down here all the time and these are supposed to ensure privacy or whatever.”

“Max, I don’t have anything to swim in,” she pouted.

“Who says you need to swim in anything sweetness.” She watched hungrily as he pulled his shirt over his head, tossing it away before he pushed his jeans and boxers off with one smooth motion.

She got an eye full and managed to drool over his toned body before he smirked and dove into the deep end.

She laughed in disbelief when he surfaced. “Max, what are you doing?”

“What does it looks like I’m doing?” His movements were smooth and graceful as he swam towards her and she knew she was a goner. She was falling. He swam between her legs and reached over the edge to wrap his arms around her waist.

“You’re getting me wet,” she sighed as her foot brushed against his hard stomach.

“Well get it then.”

“Someone’s going to see,” she protested.

“We’ve got the shades pulled down and no one hardly comes down here during the winter. And at this time of night…”

“No Max.” Sighing when she continued to object Max decided to take matters into his own hands. “I’m not about to strip… Max!!” she screamed as he started to pull her in, fully clothed. “Stop!” she laughed when he tugged her forward. She wiggled out of his grip, backing far away from the edge.

“Come on sweetness,” he urged. He floated on his back, smirking when her eyes zeroed in on his lower region. “You know you want to.”

Tempted, she stepped closer to the edge. “Don’t they have cameras in here?”

“They never look at them unless something happens.”

“But what if…”

“Fine Liz. You stay there and watch while I have fun.” He sent a splash her way, enjoying it when she squealed. “How does my ass look wet?”

She laughed when he stuck his top half underwater, with is butt in the air. He wiggled before going completely under. Throwing caution to the wind, Liz stripped and was doing a canon ball into the water before Max surfaced again.

“Liz?” He let out a yelp when he felt something brush against his leg. He jumped, ready to flee before he saw Liz’s brown hair flowing against her back as she swam beneath him.

She giggled when she surfaced, tickled by his horrified look. “Did I scare you?”

His eyes hungrily roamed over her naked skin. “You’re beautiful,” he murmured.

“I’d say you are too, but I’m guessing you already knew that.” Her eyes widened when he growled and took off towards her like a canon. Her shriek echoed through the room as they tore through the water, splashing wildly as they played.

Max couldn’t remember when he’d had so much fun, feeling this carefree as if he were a child again. Liz brought that out in him and he felt as if the world was at his finger tips now that he had her.

Their playfulness gone, Max trapped her against the wall of the pool, holding on to the edge as he kissed her. He angled his head, wanting to get deeper as his tongue tangled with hers. The warm water was suddenly too hot and her hands roaming across his back left a flaming trail as she worked her way up to his shoulders.

“Max. C-Can we go back up to your place?” He simply nodded and led her to the stairs. Max slipped on his jeans and shirt, not bothering with his boxers while Liz too failed to put on her underwear. He carried her piggy back up to his apartment and headed straight for his bedroom.

Laying her on his bed, he climbed on top, his arousal already evident to her against her stomach. “Are you sure?”

She buried her fingers in his hair and pulled his lips toward hers, her own arousal already pooling between her legs. She had been waiting for this and now that it was time, she had no patience.

Against Liz’s wishes, they moved slowly peeling away their drenched clothes. “Max, I just want you to know that I’m not easy. I don’t do this often,” she explained, fearful of what he might think of her.

“I know sweetness.”

Her eyes fell shut as he worked his mouth between her breasts. “There were extenuating circumstances and... you don’t think I’m easy do you?”

“Liz, it took you three months to finally agree to go out with me,” he breathed against her. “I think that qualifies as not being easy.”

“We can do this on the first date right? I mean we’re two consenting adults.”

“Yep.” He lifted to meet her eyes, his expression serious when he said, “You’ll call me after this right?”

Her lips twitched into a smile. “Only if you’re good at this.”

He smirked, dipping his head to meet her lips. “You’ll call.”

Max made sure to kiss every expanse of exposed skin, drawing her to the brink of madness. The heat between them alone was enough to send her over the edge.

Now completely exposed, he only turned his attention from his angel to cover them with his comforter. Their desire fuel by passion and their intensity fueled by love, they dueled for control, rolling beneath the sheets in a heated embrace. Max ended on top, his erection positioned at her opening.

“Max...” she choked on her words, unable to form anything coherent anyway.

He couldn’t wait any longer. He slipped on the condom he’d gotten from his nightstand and entered her, gasping at how tight she was around him.

Their movements were smooth and sync, increasing in pace with each thrust as they raced to culmination. Liz held on, his name like a mantra on her lips. She was first to reach the top, whimpering with pleasure. Not long after, he followed with a grunt, dropping his head against her shoulder.

She enjoyed his heavy weight against her and protested when he tried to move. He tossed the condom away and resumed his position, pressing his lips against her breast where his cheek lay over her heart. After an active day, it was enough to lull him to sleep.

“Max?

“Hmm?” he answered, close to the slumbering world.

She kissed the top of his head and turned her gaze to window where the snow was still silently falling. “This night has been perfect. It couldn’t get any better.”

“Well, it could,” he muttered.

When she turned to face, him, he draped his leg over her thigh, enjoying its smoothness “How?”

“Well… it’d be better if I told you that I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.”

“You are so corny.”

She giggled and he smiled sleepily, his eyes falling shut for the rest of the night.

TBC….

See you next week. Happy hoildays!! :D :D
Be at Peace MJ
sweetbrowneyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sweetbrowneyes »

Hey everyone. Sorry about the wait. I can’t seem to not catch a cold. Anyway, there’s one more part left and I’ll post as soon as I can manage to get it written. Thanks for all the feedback and I hope you enjoy.

<center>Chapter 4</center>

The three women watched with knowing looks as Liz smiled in remembrance. They all knew that there was no way Max and Liz could break up, especially over something as irrelevant as what they were quarreling over now. All Liz needed was a gentle push to remind her of how much in love she and Max were.

“Liz, you can’t seriously think that Max meant what he said,” Maria reasoned.

“If its one thing Max wants it’s to be married to you,” Isabel added.

“Yeah, think of all the great times you two have had together.”

“Yeah,” Maria added, cluing in on where Tess was going. “What about when you two went to Chicago to visit your parents last year?”

Liz immediately broke out into a smile, remembering the time just weeks before he proposed.

<center>One Year Earlier</center>

Max pulled into the Parker’s driveway and killed the engine. He glanced at Liz who was sleeping soundly next to him and smiled. After four years he still felt the same way about her. This wisp of a woman had captured him and held on so tightly that his stomach still did flips whenever she was around.

Max had known for a while that Liz was the one that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He planned on asking her to be his wife soon which was why he was so eager to visit her parents again. He wanted to ask them for her hand in marriage.

Grabbing his keys, he rounded the car and unbuckled Liz from her seatbelt. He scooped her into his arms and bumped the door closed with his hip.

“Oh, look at them,” Nancy squealed, reaching for her husband’s hand. She stood, waiting for them on the porch and smiled at how protectively Max held her daughter in his arms. This man was the one. She could tell. And there was no one better that she could’ve chosen for her only daughter.

“Hi Mr. Parker, Mrs. Parker. She uh… she fell asleep on the way here,” he said somewhat sheepishly as the Parkers stepped aside to let him in their cozy home. He failed to mention why their daughter was so exhausted. Their impromptu excursion in the back seat of his Explorer on the side of the road might have had something to do with it.

“Why don’t you take her up to her room while Jeff gets your things,” Nancy suggested. “Do you want anything to drink, Max?”

Max smiled politely. “Water’s fine. Thanks.” He quietly made his way upstairs and headed towards Liz’s childhood room. He smiled at the butterfly stickers on the slightly ajar door and he bumped it open with his foot.

After tucking Liz in Max reluctantly left her, though he wanted nothing more than to stay with her. But he figured now was as good a time as any to mention his proposal to her parents.

Swallowing his nerves, Max made his way downstairs just as Jeff was bringing the last of their bags inside.

“You do know you guys are only staying for a few days?” he teased, gesturing to the few too many suitcases.

Max rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah. But you know Liz. She packs things she won’t even need. She says it’s for emergencies, but I don’t know how an extra three pair of jeans and shoes are going to help in any emergency.”

Max smiled at Nancy when she handed him a glass of water. “Honey, could you take their bags to their rooms? Thanks dear.”

Jeff muttered beneath his breath, but did as he was told nonetheless. Jeff was a smart man.

“Mrs. Parker,” Max started, turning on a charming smile, “You’re looking younger every time I see you.”

Nancy modestly ducked her head as she smoothed back her hair. “Oh stop,” she giggled.

Max smiled, he loved Nancy like a second mother. She was adorable like her daughter. “What’s your secret to looking so young and beautiful?”

“Oh Max,” she laughed. “You’re making an old woman blush.”

Max snorted. “Old? No, no,” he insisted, “That’s not the right word. I’d say you’re mature, though you don’t look a day older than thirty.”

“Oh dear,” she sighed, smiling warmly at him. “We need to keep you around the house more often.”

Max smiled in accomplishment and took a sip of his water. “So Max,” Jeff said as he returned to the living room, “How’s everything going?” He took a seat next to his wife and threw an arm around her shoulder.

He smiled, albeit a little nervously. “Great. Really great,” he elaborated as he thought about the woman sleeping upstairs.

“Good,” Nancy smiled approvingly as she leaned into her husband’s chest. “How are your parents? Did your mom get the recipe I sent her?”

Max bit back a grimace at the thought of his mother’s cooking. He thanked the gods that she had met Nancy Parker at his graduation a year earlier simply for the much needed recipes Nancy sent to her.

“She got it. My mom’s not that handy in the kitchen so it took her almost an hour just to mix the ingredients,” he laughed. “But it turned out great.”

He cast a glance towards the stairs as he took in a deep breath. Max rarely got nervous and was hardly ever intimated, but there was something about Jeff Parker that made Max want to cower away if he got on his bad side. Maybe it was because he was the father of the girl he loved and was sleeping with. Or maybe it was because he knew that Jeff Parker had a rifle that he kept locked in his study for guys that treated his baby girl any less than a princess.

The Parker’s approval meant a lot to Liz from what he’d learned over the years and if he couldn’t get their blessing, he didn’t know what he’d do.

This was the moment of truth.

“Mr. and Mrs. Parker, there’s actually something I wanted to talk to you about while Liz isn’t around.”

He watched as they exchanged curious looks. “Is there something wrong?”

Max quickly reassured them before he gather his nerves and sorted out where to start. “I love your daughter with all my heart and I know that she’s it for me. Liz is… she’s incredible and I can’t even describe how much I adore her. She’s the one I want to be with and there’s never going to be anyone else like her.”

“Oh my God,” Nancy gasped behind the hand that was clamped over her mouth. He wanted to propose to her daughter.

“Our anniversary is coming up next week and I want to do something that… that we’d both remember and that’d change our lives forever.”

“So…” Jeff urged.

“So… I-I wanted to ask for Liz’s hand in marriage.”

“Oh Max.” Nancy leapt from the couch and pulled Max into a hug. After four years of dating, it was about time.

Jeff stayed behind, silently pleased. He liked Max. He was respectful, hardworking, treated his daughter like she was a queen and charmed the hell out of his wife which had her floating around the house every time he visited.

“Welcome to the family son,” Jeff said once Nancy released him. Max stood and shook the older man’s hand.

Max beamed. Now all he needed was for Liz to say yes.

Liz poked her head out of her room, glancing both ways down the hall before she felt it safe enough to emerge.

She slipped passed her parents room, stopping just long enough to hear her father’s faint snoring through the door before continuing down the hall.

After a day of sightseeing, everyone had already turned in for the night. And being that he still saw her as her little girl, Jeff had once again insisted that she and Max sleep in separate rooms despite her many protests.

She made a pit stop in the bathroom and made sure she looked okay for Max. After combing her long tresses, she scampered across the hall to the guest bedroom and softly opened the door.

The room was dark and she could hear his deep breathing. She knew he wasn’t asleep because just like her, he couldn’t sleep without her next to him.

“Liz,” he hissed his eyes wide in the darkness. “What are you doing in here?”

Biting her lip, she sashayed towards him, making sure to wiggle just enough for him to notice.

She climbed on top of him, stretching over him. “Why do you think?” she purred.

He gulped, caught between the thought of what her father would do if they were caught and her bedroom eyes. “Your dad…”

“My dad is asleep.” She ran her lips over his neck, smiling at the goose bumps that formed wherever she touched.

He pushed her away, his eyes round and glassy as he pointed to the door. “He has a rifle Liz.”

Liz let her lips curl into a smile. And after watching Max’s terrified look, she burst into laughter.

“Liz,” he whined. “They’ll hear you!”

“Oh Max,” she laughed. “I’m guessing you need a little more convincing?”

Before he could answer, she lifted her shirt, leaving her in only her panties. Max raised his brow in appreciation.

She smiled and deliberately brushed her breasts against his chest as she draped herself over him.

Her lips teasingly brushed against his, playfully touching the corners of his mouth before she nipped at his bottom lip. That fire that always seemed to come with their passion erupted as his tongue dipped with hers, and she willingly let him invade her mouth.

Her head was spinning, her eyes as dark as night when she pulled away. She was pleased to see that Max was just as far gone. There would be no worrying about her father now.

“Now, I came in here for one thing…” While she nipped at his ear, her hands traveled down his firm chest, her fingertips playing against his warm skin. “Can you guess what it is?”

Her hand disappeared inside his boxers, easily finding his hardness. She fingered his tip before slipping her hand over him in smooth motions.

Max bucked his hips to match her hand’s movements. No one could drive him so wild like Liz could. It was a curse and a blessing and it always held him captive.

“Still want me to leave?” she breathed in his ear.

“God, yes!” Liz sniggered as she continued to stroke him. “I-I mean no. I meant yes t-to… please stay.”

Against Max’s growling protests, Liz released him, instead lacing her fingers with his and raising their clasped hands above his head.

“No touching.” Her voice came out huskier than she’d intended.

“Oh yeah?” he challenged, leaning up to brush his lips over her breasts that hovered above him. Even in his aroused state he couldn’t help being a smartass. “And if I disobey? Do I get a spanking?”

“There’s a possibility.”

Obediently, he kept his hands above his head as she kissed her way down his tense body. He tightly held on to the head board, while she planted hot kisses over his exposed skin, his muscles bunching beneath her lips.

With a wicked smile, she slid his boxers down his thighs, pulling them free of his legs and tossing them away. She eyed his stiff manhood, her pink tongue darting out to wet her lips. With Max’s encouraging grunt she took him in her mouth, pleasuring with him tongue as he hissed out her name.

Max’s control was waning. He gripped the headboard as he bucked his hips, pushing himself deeper into Liz’s mouth. “Liz,” he groaned.

He let go, hitting his peak and spilling his seed with a strangled grunt.

Once she returned to his side, Max rolled over and pulled her close.

The seductress that was just present disappeared and he was caught staring at Liz’s timid smile and the sheepish look in her eyes. It always amazed him that she still got embarrassed whenever she did something like she had just done.

“I love you,” she murmured.

“And who wouldn’t?” he teasingly replied as he gestured to his naked body. “Look at this face, this body. I’m sex on a stick.” He wiggled his eyebrows as Liz giggled. “A very big stick mind you.”

She shrugged. “Eh, it’s so, so.”

He gasped dramatically. “Liz, that hurts. I mean dagger right through my heart.”

She smiled. “Yeah well, someone’s gotta bring you down a notch.”

“I’m sure you were thinking something different a few minutes ago and in the backseat of my car this afternoon.”

She rolled her eyes at his ego. But she loved it all the same. He wouldn’t be the Max she loved without it. “Shut up and say you love me.”

“You love me,” he said with a cheeky grin.

She failed in her attempt at an annoyed look. “Close enough.”

He leaned his forehead against hers and pulled her as close as she could get. And he whispered, “I love you, so much. You are my everything.”

She gazed adoringly at this man that she had come to know over the past four years. No one had ever come to mean so much to her.

“My good looks wouldn’t matter if I didn’t have you.”

She laughed. She knew a smartass comment was coming. “What am I going to do with you?”

“Love me and let me love you.”

She let him push her onto her back and his lips descended her already aroused body. She smiled tenderly.

“Always.”

TBC…………

I’ll be back as soon as I can. Happy New Year:D :D
Last edited by sweetbrowneyes on Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at Peace MJ
sweetbrowneyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sweetbrowneyes »

Okay, so this should’ve been finished like weeks ago. And I would’ve had it posted earlier except there’s this little devil called work I had to go to. *sigh*…. But I’m here. Better late than never lol. I wanted to thank everyone for reading this even though it took so long just to post 5 parts. Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoy.

<center>Chapter 5</center>

“Well look at it this way my friend,” Kyle hiccupped, slapping his troubled friend on the back, “Now you can piss in peace. No more nagging about putting the seat down.”

Closer to sober than he was two hours ago, Max snorted, his attention only partially on his friend. Most of his thoughts were on a small woman who had him willingly wrapped around her tiny finger. Just the thought of not being able to be with her, that one stupid moment messed it all up broke his heart. As cheesy as it sounded, he missed her already.

“So are you like officially single?” Alex asked. “Cause I’m all for that shit.”

His comment earned him a slap on the arm from Michael who sent him a dangerous glare.

“What are you doing? We’re supposed to convince him that being married isn’t a pile of dog shit,” he hissed.

“Reverse psychology,” Alex said with a wink. “Work with me.”

“Okay first of all,” Max started, “I can hear you. I’m sitting like two feet away. And second, I don’t need any reverse psychology to make me realize that I need to fix this.” He pushed himself off the couch and headed for the door.

Michael smirked as he grabbed his keys from the coffee table. “I’ll drive you,” he offered.

Alex and Kyle were quick to follow and soon the four men were piled into Michael’s truck.

It was past midnight now. Pulling out his cell phone, Max called his apartment. He wasn’t surprised when no one picked up. Most likely, Liz was still over her friend’s place, bad mouthing the entire male population.

Still, preparing himself for an all-out lashing, he called her cell phone. He cursed in frustration when he realized she had turned it off.

Sighing, he leaned against the window, wondering how he got himself into this mess four days before his wedding.

“You know, none of this would have happened if you guys had kept your dumbass schemes to yourselves,” he growled suddenly. “After all we’ve been through, we break up over this stupid shit.”

“How were we supposed to know they were coming home early?” Kyle argued. “It’s her fault she came home and caught you.”

“You can’t blame us for your mistake. You were the one sucking on that woman’s tits,” Michael said.

“I was not!”

Kyle’s snort sounded from the back seat. “Who would blame you? That bitch had awesome jugs.”

There was a round of nods. They were still men after all. “Okay so we agree on that,” Michael laughed. “Besides,” he added, “it was all Alex’s idea.”

“Was not!” he shrieked in defense. “Kyle’s the one who thought up the brilliant plan.”

Max rolled his eyes, tuning out his friends as they continued to argue, once again trying to point the blame on just one person. He tried Liz’s cell once more, and this time he left a quick message.

“Hey sweetness. It’s me. Um… I really need to talk to you. Come home babe… I love you.”

He flipped his phone shut just as Michael pulled into his apartment complex. He contemplated asking Michael to take him to Tess and Isabel’s apartment, but thought better of it. He didn’t really want to have a showdown in front of them. From past arguments, Max had learned that it was wise to keep away until Liz calmed down.

“What are you going to do?” Alex questioned.

Max shrugged. He had no idea what he was going to do. He could only hope that Liz had cooled off since they’ve been apart and he could convince her that what he’d said to her couldn’t be farther from the truth.

“What ever I have to do.” He slipped from the car and started for the door.

“There goes a great man,” Kyle sighed in admiration as they all watched Max disappear into his apartment building.

“You know we’re all screwed with our women don’t you?”

Petrified groans filled the car as all three men wondered what their women had in store for them.

Max stepped into his apartment, tossing his keys on a nearby table. The living room was still littered with beer bottles, paper plates and other trash from the earlier party. After shrugging off his jacket, Max went about cleaning the room.

It was just after one when he finished and noticed Liz’s engagement ring sitting on the coffee table as he cleared the last of the clutter. He hadn’t even realized she had taken it off and just knowing that she wasn’t wearing it struck a fear in him that he never knew existed.

Sitting back on the couch, her ring clasped tightly in his hand, he thought back to the night he’d proposed to her and she made him the happiest man alive.

<center>One year earlier</center>

Liz smiled at her sleeping boyfriend sprawled on his stomach across their bed. Crawling under the sheets, she pressed herself against him, feeling his smooth naked skin. She trailed her finger up his arm, over his shoulder and across his cheek.

He stirred swiping at her hand as he grunted incoherently. Feeling wicked, she blew against his ear, giggling when he smacked himself to ward off the tickling air.

“Oh Max,” she called in a sing song tone and poking his arm with her finger.

“What is it sweetness?” he mumbled sleepily. His heavy eyes cracked open to see her pretty face and he couldn’t help but smile. “Have I told you, you look like an angel first thing in the morning?”

Smiling in content, she gladly let herself be smothered against his chest as he climbed on top of her and planted lazy kisses against her neck.

“No,” she smiled. “By the way, it’s past noon.”

“Wake me at two,” he mumbled as he nuzzled his nose against her neck. But he was suddenly jarred awake by his own startled yelp when he felt a pinch on his arm.

“Is that how you treat the love of your life,” he pouted as he rubbed his arm. “You beat and bruise me, tarnishing my handsome features.”

She snorted, giggling at his glare. “You deserve it. Sleeping in on our anniversary,” she admonished playfully.

“What?” he said innocently. “You said you didn’t want to do anything special.” He shrugged nonchalantly though he glanced at his underwear drawer where a small diamond ring lay tucked far in the back.

Today was the day he planned to ask her. As nervous and anxious as he was, he had to play it cool, knowing that the slightest thing could make her suspicious. He had to wait for the perfect moment to do it.

“I didn’t want you to sleep the whole say either. We’re supposed to be spending the day together.”

“Okay,” he purred, slipping his hand beneath her shirt. “Why don’t you slip into something more comfortable- preferably nothing- and we’ll spend the rest of the day in bed together.”

“We are not sleeping all day, Max.”

“Sleeping wasn’t what I had in mind, sweetness.” His gaze smoldering, he dipped his head to taste her lips, only to be met with air as she wiggled from beneath him.

“That look is not going to work on me,” she swore, though the unmistakable quiver in her tone put a familiar smug smile on Max’s lips.

“Wanna bet?”

She jumped out of bed, intending to make a run for it. But she only made it a step away before his arm snaked around her waist, pulling her back with a squeal.

“Max! No!” Even as she protested, she couldn’t keep the smile off her face when he pinned her hands above her head. She loved that he could never get enough of her.

“Baby, I’m horny,” he whined when she continued to wiggle beneath him.

“Too bad for you,” she retorted defiantly.

“Liz…”

“Stop pouting,” she laughed as she pushed him off her. He rolled away with a grunt. “We have to exchange gifts. Then you can sex me up.”

“That’s not helping,” he pouting. Her laughter was his only answer.

His eyes followed her as she strolled to the closet. Appreciating her round bottom as she bent over, he licked his lips in anticipation, knowing that when this gift giving thing was over he’d take her for sure.

Liz laughed when she wiggled her bottom, hearing Max growl in frustration.

“Liz if you’re not over here in two point five seconds then I’m jacking off right here, right now,” he groaned, his hand already reaching for his growing erection.

“Okay, okay.” She retrieved his gift and planted herself at his side. “Jeez you are such a horny bastard,” she laughed.

He flicked her ear with his tongue, enjoying the shivers ran through her petite form. “Don’t you know it,” he murmured, sending her a blazing look with promises of something more later.

Max peeled away the silver wrapping paper to reveal a digital camera and printer. With a grin a mile long, he tore through the box and pulled out the small camera.

Liz rolled her eyes when he tossed the instructions to the floor, flicked on the camera and pointed it to their smiling faces, intending to take a picture.

“This is great baby. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” She happily received his kiss, though she pulled away before he could pull her in like he knew he could.

“Hey, there’re pictures already on here,” he said as he flipped through the various screens.

Blushing, Liz snatched the camera out of his hands. “Um… that’s for later.” With a quick glance at his straining arousal, she knew that she should probably have him wait before he looked at the pictures she’d already saved on the camera.

“Um… why don’t you give me my gift now,” she suggested, fluttering her lashes innocently.

Instead of moving, he grinned, cupping her cheeks with his hands. “I love you so much.”

She smiled. “I love you too. But where’s my gift?”

He pulled away as if he were hurt. “What? Is my love not enough?”

She was already pushing him out of bed. She was curious to find out where he had hidden it. “It is, but I want something sparkly and expensive.”

“I just bought you that four slot toaster.”

“Max!”

“What? Did you want the blender too? Cause they still have’em on sale at Target.”

She gasped. “Max Evans if you ever want me to sleep with you again you will fork over my gift right this instant!!”

Max bit back his smirk. He loved screwing with her. “So we’re withholding sex now are we?” She defiantly crossing her arms over her chest. “I can live with that.”

“You so can not!”

“No I can’t.” He grinned. “You know me too well sweetness.”

“Come on Max. Please?”

“Alright beautiful. Stay here and don’t move.” He kept his eyes locked on hers, his lips stretched into a smirk as he backed out of the room.

Liz craned her neck to see him until he disappeared into the hallway. Shaking her head, she relaxed against the pillows, smiling slightly when she heard the front door open. Of course he’d hidden her gift at their neighbors. She had been snooping around the apartment for weeks trying to get a peek at her gift and she was sure Max knew it.

He returned with his hands behind his back, looking very pleased with himself. His cockiness had always seemed to send shivers up her spine. She could never tell what he was planning when he looked at her with that smug smirk.

“How dare you not trust me to keep my present in this apartment?!” she teased.

“Liz, baby, I caught you crawling into the oven, looking for your gift,” he chuckled.

“I was desperate,” she pouted.

Laughing, he made his way over to the girl of his dreams. He pulled her tight against him and set her gift in her lap.

“Go ahead.”

She eagerly tore through the wrapping, though her smile dropped when she found two CDs underneath.

“You um… mixed me some CDs?”

Hiding his mischievous smile, he nodded. “Something like that.”

“Oh.” She plastered a smile on her face, though she was disappointed that she’d spent close to two hundred dollars on his gift and all she got were some CDs. She knew that it was the thought that counted, but she was sort of expecting more.

“You do like it don’t you?” he queried, knowing she was disappointed. “You said you wanted something shiny.”

The fake smile she sported didn’t fool him. But he ignored it, hoping that what he had planned later would make up for it. He grabbed the first CD from her and slid it into the stereo.

The first notes of Alicia Key’s ‘If I Ain’t Got You’ floated through the speakers. Despite her disappointment, Liz genuinely smiled as Max strode towards her. This was their song.

“I love you, Liz,” he said as he laid her down, ready to take her as he’d planned. “You’re all I need and everything I could want. Never forget that.”

She smiled tenderly when he brushed away her tears. God only knew how much she loved this man and the satisfied smile never left her lips as they showed each other just how much in love they were.

It had been a surprise to Max when Liz suggested they go to Bell Isle for a late afternoon picnic after their love making. He was just getting over his nerves and was about to reveal his last gift and propose.

As she excitedly ran about the apartment to gather a blanket and snacks, Max fingered the ring in his pocket. His nerves were back again and he wasn’t sure he could do this.

He was ready. He had been ready for about a year now, but he had waited until Liz graduated from college. Deciding that he wanted Liz as his wife was the easiest decision of his life, but working up the nerve to ask her was proving difficult.

Now they were sprawled on a blanket looking out over the Detroit River, towards Canada and the Ambassador Bridge as they snacked on the food they’d brought. It was a warm fall day but the leaves on the many trees had yet to fall.

Max, who was lying with his head in Liz’s lap, flipped through his new camera, again admiring the pictures Liz had taken of herself.

“Max,” she hissed. “Don’t look at those in public.”

“What? Why? I think I might just print them out and hang them all over the apartment,” he teased. He received a sharp punch in his gut in response.

When night fell, they climbed into Max’s truck, folded the back seats down, covered the floor with the blanket and watched DVDs on their portable player. But the movie went unnoticed. Liz’s giggling filled the car as Max playfully nipped at her ear, his hands wandering up her shirt.

“Max, do you think we’re still going to be making out like teenagers when we’re fifty?” she asked as he sunk his teeth into her neck.

He sat up, a small smile tugging at his lips. “I hope so.”

“Me too,” she giggled. She leaned forward, hoping to catch his lips in another searing kiss, but opened her eyes to find Max leaning over the front seat.

“What are you doing,” she asked as she tried to pull him back to her. “Max, come here and kiss me,” she whined.

“Liz, I know I’m irresistible… if I were you, I’d want me too…but I have to give you the other half of your gift.”

Her eyes lit up and she clapped her hands happily. “There’s another part?! Gimme gimme!”

Plastering himself against her side once more, he set her gift in her lap. “Happy anniversary, sweetness.”

She clawed at the wrapping paper and squealed in delight when she realized she was holding a brand new laptop.

“Oh my God! Max!”

Max took notice of her bright smile patted himself on the back. “Fire it up. There’s more.”

While the computer booted up, Max reached over the front seat again and retrieved one of the CDs he had given her earlier. He slid it into the CD drive and watched as she dissolved into him arms.

“Oh Max,” she sighed as she watched the slide show he’d created of pictures taken throughout their entire relationship. Their song played in the background and Liz’s smile couldn’t be bigger. “I love you so much.”

The pictures stopped flashing across the screen until a video Max had taken of himself days ago popped onto the screen.

“You so sexy,” she teased.

“Shh… listen sweetness.”

“Liz Parker, these last four years have been nothing but bliss. Through everything, the arguments, the makeups, its all worth it just to know that you’re mine and I’m yours. I wouldn’t trade a single moment for everything and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I know this doesn’t convey just how much you mean to me, but I hope this next part will.”

With bated breath, he waited until the last picture scrolled across the screen. It was one he’d taken not too long ago. He was on one knee, holding out the diamond ring as the words, ‘Marry Me?’ scrolled across the screen.

“What?” she shrieked, turning to Max who had pulled the ring free from his pocket and was now holding it out to her. “Is this for real?”

“As real as it gets, sweetness.” His eyes shining and bright he let out a shaky laugh. “Will you marry me, Liz?”

She nodded with tears streaming down her face. “Yes. Always, yes.”

Liz stood from the couch, gaining the attention of her friends. She had just listened to the many messages from Max for the tenth time and she couldn’t stand it anymore.

“Where are you going Liz?” Tess asked, though they all knew. They knew she wouldn’t hold out much longer.

“I’m going home.”

Minutes later she was in the elevator, riding up to her apartment. She hadn’t realized how nervous she was until she saw how shaky her hands were as she slid her key into the lock.

On the other side of the door, Max heard the slight click and looked up to find Liz walking through the doorway. She tossed her keys and purse aside as she shut the door with her foot.

Max stood, taking a cautious step towards her. “Hi.”

“Hi.”

Only a few times before had an uncomfortable silence fell over them. Liz glanced around the room, noticing that the remnants of the party had been cleared away.

“Are you sober?” she asked.

He nodded, still clutching her engagement ring in his hands. Finally, swallowing his pride, Max spoke first, wanting to get over this and get back to where they were before this.

“Do we really have to mention how much of an idiot I was being?” That got a smile out of her and Max sighed with relief.

“Not unless we can forget about how much I overreacted.”

Another step and he was within touching distance. “I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry too.” She was against him within a second, safe in his tight embrace.

“Something so stupid can’t come between us,” he said. “You’re the only one I want.”

“There’s nothing that can stop me from loving you,” she admitted. “I missed you,” she whispered.

“We were only apart for a few hours,” he chuckled, though when she looked at him with those big brown eyes, he melted. “I missed you too.”

She leaned up and he leaned forward, but at the last second before their lips met, Max pulled away, igniting a frustrated groan from Liz.

“Wait. We can’t make up just yet.”

“Why?” she whined.

“Because I was going to beg and sing to you… you know, the whole nine yards,” he explained as he made his way to the stereo, her hand still clasped in his.

Liz winced. She loved Max dearly, but one thing he was not good at was singing “Sing? Max, don’t make the situation worse than it already is.”

He frowned as if he had no idea what she was talking about. “What? I have a beautiful singing voice.”

“Max, seriously. If you sing, I will be forced to leave you forever.”

“You’re funny sweetness, really. Your humor astounds me.” He turned to the CD he’d given to her on their anniversary and their song was the first to play. “Will you dance with me then?”

She smiled and stepped willing into his arms.

Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power yeah
Some people live just to play the game
Some people think that the physical things
Define what's within
And I've been there before
But that life's a bore
So full of the superficial

“Will you marry me and wear your ring again?”

She let him slip her ring back on her finger. Her heart felt whole again. “Yes.”

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you

“Let me love you.”

With those words warming her heart, she gave in. Scooping her into his arms, he carried her into their room, loving her slowly like he should’ve been doing the last few hours. There was no one else that would fit him like she did. There was no one else who could come close.

Some people search for a fountain
The promises forever young
Some people need three dozen roses
And that's the only way to prove you love them

Their wedding was beautiful. Michael, Alex and Kyle got the tongue lashing of their life while Max and Liz beamed at the alter. Their vows were of their own writing and there wasn’t a dry eye to be found.

Hand me a world on a silver platter
And what good would it be?
With no one to share, with no one who truly cares for me

“Max, I never thought that you could love me more than you do yourself. But you do. I see it every time you look at me. When you touch me, every moment I’m with you, you never let me forget that and I love you just as much. I only hope that you see and feel that because I love you more than you’ll ever know.”

Some people want it all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
If I ain't got you, you, you

“Liz, I know I tease about a lot of things. I think highly of myself, but that’s only because of you. You bring out the best in me. You make me whole. No one can compare to you in my eyes. And I wonder everyday what I did to bring you to me because you are my angel. You are my everything.”

Some people want it all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
If I ain't got you

They raced out of the church with thunderous applause behind them and their bright future ahead. Of those close to them, they knew that whatever life threw at them, Max and Liz Evans were going to get through it together.

If I ain't got you with me baby
Nothing in this whole wide world don't mean a thing
If I ain't got you with me baby

THE END

Alicia Keys ‘If I Ain’t Got you’

Until next time.

Tiffany
Be at Peace MJ
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Congrats on winning a Round 9 award!