Ghost (UC, AU, Mi/L, Mature) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Evansgurl01
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Ghost (UC, AU, Mi/L, Mature) (Complete)

Post by Evansgurl01 »

Winner - Round 10

Title: Ghost
Disclaimer: None of the characters are mine. We all know that. :cry:
Couples: Mi/L
Rating: Mature/Adult
Summary: This is a challenge by Polar goddess that I really wanted to try out. It's the first time I'd be writing Michael and Liz so bear with me guys.
Challenge: This would be an alternative timeline where Liz died that day at the Crashdown because Michael was successful in stopping Max. Liz finds out that Max was supposed to heal her and Michael stopped him. Angry that she didn't have to die that day and she missed out on a relationship with Max she haunts Michael. Michael is the only one who sees her.

Requirements:

- a cynical ghost Liz
- Michael being caught talking to Liz in public, everyone else sees him talking to no one, and getting weird looks.
- Michael threatening to exorcise Liz.
- Michael/Liz romance

“Maxwell, remind me again why I’m sitting here with you while you gawk at some random chick?” Michael asked as his best friend stared at the small brunette.

“She’s not some random chick Michael.” Max said picking up a Tabasco covered French fry.

Michael watched in amusement as Max aimed for his mouth but smeared Tabasco on his cheek missing his mouth completely. Shaking his head he picked up his burger and took a bite. His eyes wandered to the brunette; her stupid alien antenna springing around as she held out a small picture to some customers. Michael had no idea why his friend saw in this girl. She was pretty sure but not drop dead gorgeous, average to Michael.

He looked over at Max who didn’t seem to notice or care that he still had Tabasco on his cheek. Oh, well Michael wasn’t about to tell him. He seemed to be entranced anyway. Well, as long as he didn’t get too serious about her Michael was fine with it. There was no harm in watching. The petite girl put the small picture away and started to walk to the kitchen. She glanced over at their table and smiled at Max. Max quickly lowered his eyes so she wouldn’t know he had been watching.

“She smiled at me Michael. God she’s beautiful.” Max said looking up quickly to see that she had headed for the kitchen.

Michael nodded. “Well, she was probably wondering what that big red spot on your face was.”

Max’s eyes widened in horror and he grabbed a napkin from Michael and wiped his mouth and cheek.

“Come on. You’ve embarrassed yourself enough for one day.” Michael said dropping money on the table and getting up.

“WHERE”S MY MONEY!”

Michael turned his head to see a man stand up angrily knocking his food off the table. His eyes widened when the guy pulled out a gun and shot. The sound like a small explosion left a ringing in Michael’s ears. The man ran out the door before anyone could stop him. They had to get out of there; the Sheriff would probably arrive any minute. He turned to get Max and for the first time noticed the brunette lying on the floor. Shit. He looked at Max and quickly grabbed his arm before he did anything stupid that would reveal their true identities.

Max struggled for a second wanting to go to her but Michael managed to pull him out. They couldn’t afford to attract attention to themselves. They ran out of the Crashdown and into Max’s jeep. They watched as the Sheriff’s car and an ambulance arrived in front of the diner. A while later two EMT came out with a closed body bag on a cot. Michael knew Max wasn’t in a state to be driving so he got into the driver’s seat and started the car quickly. Michael stepped on the gas and drove as fast as he could away from the commotion.

“So, are there really aliens here?”

Liz looked seriously at the two customers. She looked around before nodding her head slowly.

“If I show you something. Do you promise you wont tell anyone?” She said in a low voice.

They looked at her excitedly and nodded. She pulled out a small black and white photograph of a tiny alien.

“This picture was taken after the 1947 crash.”

“Oh my god.” They said in awe. “How did you get it?”

“My father accidentally got a hold of this picture when two FBI agents came to have breakfast here one time, he found it while he was sweeping. They must have dropped it.” Liz tried to keep the smile from her face.

“Wow.”

Liz nodded. “I know. That’s why you have to keep quiet. We wouldn’t want the FBI coming here and finding out we have this picture.”

The customers nodded. “We understand.”

“I’ll be right back with that coffee.” Liz said tucking the picture in her alien shaped apron.

Once she turned she couldn’t keep the smile from her face. People where so gullible. She felt someone looking at her and glanced at the table in the corner. Max Evans and his friend Liz couldn’t really remember his name where looking at her. She smiled shyly at Max before walking into the kitchen. Someday she was gonna muster up the courage and talk to that boy.

“I can’t believe you told that stupid alien story to another one of our customers.” Maria said shaking her head disapprovingly at Liz.

Liz looked innocently at Maria. “What?”

“Liz. Those people actually believe you.”

Liz rolled her eyes. “It’s just a story Maria. Something they can tell their friends when they get back to wherever they’re from. It’s interesting and it brings in more customers.”

“Whatever.”

Liz grabbed the coffee pot and walked back outside.

“WHERE”S MY MONEY!”

She looked over to the table in the middle of the room and watched in horror as a man pulled a gun from his pants. As if in slow motion she saw the gun go off. The loud sound was the last thing she heard before everything went black.

After a while of driving Michael looked over at Max. He seemed to be in a state of shock.

“Maxwell?”

Max didn’t move or say anything. Sighing Michael slowed down and pulled over at the side of the road.

“I was going to heal her Michael.” Max said quietly still not looking at him.

Michael looked at him shocked. Exhaling loudly he shook his head.

“You would’ve exposed us. We made a pact remember? It’s only you Isabel and me, no one else. If you tried to save that girl who knows what would’ve happened.”

Max didn’t say anything. He stared out into the dessert lost in thought.

“Look. I’m sorry. I know how you felt about this girl.”

“Liz. Her name was Liz.” Max held his tears at bay. “We’re going to Roswell Memorial.”

Michael nodded. He started the car and turned around heading for the hospital. He felt bad about Liz but there was nothing they could’ve done. Trying to save her would’ve exposed them all and protecting Max and Isabel was his first priority. Besides, that Liz girl would’ve handed them into the Sheriff as soon as she found out what they were anyway. It was better this way.

Liz looked around. Where was she? The last thing she remembered was talking to those customers about the picture of the alien she had at the Crashdown. Now she seemed to be in some white room. The room was empty except for a wall at the far end of the room full of what looked like metal drawers. Confused she walked over to the door at the corner but before she could turn the knob a man walked in.

“Excuse me. I’m sorry but I don’t know exactly how I got here. Can you tell me where I am?”

The man ignored her and walked over to the back of the room where the metal drawers were. He pulled one and Liz gasped. It didn’t hold documents like she thought. It held a body. She knew where she was. A morgue. She started to walk towards the doctor when she caught sight of the body on the table. Her body. She stopped her breath coming out sharply.

“Oh my God.” She whispered.

She walked slowly to the side of the table. She looked down at herself; her eyes were closed and her hair was combed back off away from her face. She could’ve been sleeping, though Liz knew she wasn’t because the white sheet that covered her wasn’t moving like it would if she were breathing. She was dead.

Suddenly it all came back to her. She had gone to the kitchen to get some coffee for her customers. Two men were arguing. One pulled out a gun and . . . he must have shot her. Dead.

Not able to look at herself anymore she ran to the door. When she reached to open the door her hand went right through the knob. She waved her hand over the knob but it was like if she were a hologram. She couldn’t hold on to it. Sticking her hand out it went through the door also. Shrugging she stepped out and ended up on the other side.

She walked around recognizing the hospital, Roswell Memorial. People walked right by her without so much as a glance her way. Apparently along with being able to walk through doors she was also invisible. She continued to walk towards the exit when she heard her name.

“Look, I don’t think you should be here Maxwell.”

“I just need to see her Michael. I need to see Liz one more time.”

Liz turned to the voices and was surprised to see Max and the boy who’s name she just learned standing in a secluded corner. She walked closer to them. A wave of sadness went through her. She never got the chance to strike up the courage and talk to Max.

“Maxwell. Looking at her isn’t going to change anything.” Michael said sympathetically.

Max sighed. “I know. If you would’ve let me try to heal her than maybe-“

“What? Maybe she would’ve thanked you right before she called the Sheriff and turned us in? Max if you would’ve used your powers we’d probably be strapped to a table right now, our chests cut open while they examined our guts, okay. We couldn’t have risked it.”

Max looked away pain in his eyes. “What’s the point of being an alien that can heal if I can’t use my powers to save the people I love?”

Liz stopped listening after that. Max was an alien? He was going to heal her? He loved her? She could see how hurt he was. He had wanted to save her but his friend stopped him. She turned angry eyes at Michael. She could’ve been alive right now; she could’ve been with Max. He loved her. This was all his fault!

“Come one Maxwell. Let’s go.” Michael said pulling Max’s arm.

Liz watched them leave anger radiating through her. She didn’t see the woman coming towards her with a small cart until it was too late.

“Wait!” She yelled.

The woman continued to walk passing right through Liz. Rolling her eyes Liz shook her head. She had forgotten. She stood there watching Max and Michael wait for the elevator. An idea suddenly came to her head making her smile. If she was dead and she was a ghost then she was going to do what ghosts do best. She was going to haunt. Operation Haunt Michael commencing.

A/N: What do you guys think?
Last edited by Evansgurl01 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Evansgurl01
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evansgurl01 »

Hi guys. Well this is part two. So far everything seems to be going well. I hope I do a good job. :oops: Thanks to:

pandas2001
panthergirl2002
LovinGuerin2Much
Polar Goddess

Chapter 2

Michael drove a solemn Max home after they left the hospital. He couldn’t help feeling guilty as he watched his friend jump out of the car and walk slowly into his house locking the door behind him. Sighing he got out of the jeep and walked towards the park. Max needed some time alone after everything that happened today. He sat down on a bench rubbing a hand over his face. That girl-Liz, Liz’s parents were devastated. On their way out the door they could see her mom crying hysterically and her dad wasn’t too far behind. Those two people Liz used to hang out with were also there, along with their parents and the sheriff.

She must have had a lot of people that loved her. Michael pushed down another wave of guilt. What if Max and he hadn’t been there? The same thing would’ve happened anyway right? They weren’t God’s. They couldn’t just choose whether someone lived or died. If Liz got shot it was because she was meant to get shot. They couldn’t have done anything about it. A cool breeze passed over him making him shiver. Rubbing his arms he leaned forward concentrating hard on the ground.

~~~

Liz watched Max walk into his house leaving Michael alone in the car. He looked so sad and lonely. She turned back to the cause of all the problems and followed as he walked over to the park. He sat down on a bench deep in thought. Liz smiled almost evilly and walked over to him taking a seat right beside him. Well not really taking a seat, more like hovering over the bench next to him. She wondered how it is that ghosts show themselves to people. Did they concentrate on the person they wanted to haunt and then appeared? Or did they have to have some sort of connection to them?

Well, she really hoped it wasn’t the latter because she didn’t even know his name till a couple of hours ago let alone had a connection with him. Closing her eyes she concentrated on Michael. She wanted him to be able to see and hear her. He would regret the day he let her die.

~~~

Michael sighed and sat up. He needed to get home before Hank decided to use him as target practice again. He rubbed his eyes and was about to get up when he noticed someone sitting next to him. He turned tot ell them off for daring to sit next to him when he noticed who it was. The blood drained from his face and he scrambled to get up. In his haste he tripped over his feet and landed hard on the park floor. He closed his eyes hard. His mind was obviously playing tricks on him. Peeking slowly from one eye he sighed in relief when he saw she wasn’t there anymore.

“I really need to get some sleep.” Michael muttered to himself.

“Talking to yourself?” He heard a voice behind him.

Michael closed his eyes again. He stood up facing away from the voice. Okay. He was obviously hallucinating. He was thinking about her and that made him imagine her on the bench next to him. Taking a deep breath he turned around. There stood Liz, in her blue Crashdown uniform a smirk on her face.

“Holy shit!” Michael yelled.

“Hi.” Liz said a fake smile on her face.

“But you’re-you’re dead.” Michael stuttered.

“No, shit Sherlock.”

“Oh my God. I see dead people. I see dead people!” Michael said hysterically. He closed his eyes tightly and opened them again. She was still standing there her eyebrow raised at him.

“All right. Okay. What would Bruce Willis do at a time like this?” Michael thought back to what Bruce Willis told that boy in the Sixth Sense. Ghosts come to you because they need help getting to the other side. They have unfinished business or something. He ran his hand through his hair not sure what to do.

“Bruce Willis? You really need to cut down on the T.V Michael. But, I guess you need something to occupy your time while everyone’s in school.”

Michael stopped pacing and looked at her. “All right, what’s your unfinished business? I hope this isn’t gonna take long cause I need to get home.”

~~~

Liz held back the urge to smile. He was pacing in front of her muttering to himself about Bruce Willis and dead people. She was surprised it actually worked. The look on his face when he saw her sitting next to him was priceless. She almost felt bad for him. Almost.

“This isn’t a movie Michael. I don’t have unfinished business. Now that I have nothing better to do I get to use all my free time following you.” Liz said cheerfully.

“Okay, you know what? I don’t have time for this. I gotta get home. You can just find the light or whatever.”

Liz watched him leave. This was going to be a lot more fun than she expected. She concentrated on being invisible to him again and caught up to him. She smiled when he shivered unaware that she was walking next to him. Who would’ve thought being a ghost would be great.
Evansgurl01
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evansgurl01 »

Hey guys. Thank you for the FB. I'm glad you guys like my story. It's kinda fun writing Michael. Thank you:

Pandas2001
Tiredmuse
LovinGuerin2much
Dreamer19

Chapter 3

Michael opened the door to his trailer, grateful that Hank seemed to be MIA at the moment. He walked into his room locking the door just in case. He still couldn’t believe what he’d seen. Liz something or other he didn’t know her last name was a ghost. Not just any ghost, she was ghost bent on haunting him. He lay on his bed staring at the ceiling. Okay, maybe he had been hallucinating. Ghosts didn’t exist right? Okay, he was being a little hypocritical. If aliens existed why not ghosts? He just wished she wasn’t haunting him. Why couldn’t she go haunt someone else? Max would love to have her around him 24/7.

Well, at least she wasn’t bothering him now. Maybe it worked like vampires on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She couldn’t get in to his house unless she was invited. He hoped so cause he didn’t really want to deal with the ghost of his best friends crush. Sighing he closed his eyes. Hopefully today was the first and last time he saw her.

~~~

Liz watched him sleep. He looked kind of peaceful when he wasn’t running his mouth. She grinned. She’d let him sleep for now. Right now she needed to know the limit of her abilities. So far she could make herself visible and invisible to Michael. She wondered if she concentrated enough would she be able to hold things too. Make herself solid even if the only person that was able to see her was Michael.

Liz looked around and spotted a bottle of Tabasco sauce on Michael’s bedside drawer. She walked over to it and closed her eyes tightly. She concentrated with all her might on being able to pick up the bottle. Without opening her eyes Liz groped for the bottle praying that she’d be able to hold it. When she felt the bottle in her hands she opened her eyes. Oh my god. She held it!

Liz let out a loud shriek of joy when she picked up the bottle.

~~~

Michael bolted up right when he heard a loud scream. He looked around not seeing anyone. He was beginning to think it might have been a dream when he noticed the floating bottle of Tabasco sauce.

“Jesus Christ!” He tried to get off the bed away from the floating bottle next to him and promptly fell off the side of his bed.

“What the fuck!” He yelled.

He heard her laughter before she appeared in front of him. She was smiling brightly tossing the Tabasco sauce up in the air before catching it.

“Hey Mikey.”

Michael got up from the floor and scowled at Liz. “Don’t you need to be invited in before you’re allowed in someone’s house?”

Liz shrugged. “Apparently not since I’m standing right here.”

Michael narrowed his eyes. “How the hell are you doing that?” He asked angrily watching her with his bottle.

“Good concentration.” Liz smirked.

Michael nodded thoughtfully before saying, “Get the Fuck out of my house.”

Liz smiled. “Nope. I’m having way to much fun hanging with you.”

“That’s great. I’m going to sleep. When I wake up in the morning you’d better be half way to Nirvana.”

Liz saluted him. “Sir yes sir.”

~~~

Michael felt the sunlight streaming through his small cracked window. He tentatively peeked one eye open half expecting to see Liz standing in front of his bed. He sighed in relief when he saw he was alone. He got ready for school a little paranoid. Whenever he heard a noise or felt a breeze he’d look around wildly expecting to see her.

He walked passed Hank who seemed to have passed out on the small living room floor. He started his usual route to school when he felt a trickle of awareness go through him. She was near. He walked faster hoping he’d get to school quickly where she wouldn’t appear to him. He cut through the park to get to school faster when Liz popped out in front of him. He hadn’t expected it and walked right through her. A wave of cold settled inside him as if he’d just jumped into an icy bath.

“Holy- don’t do that!” Michael shivered.

Liz grinned. “Morning Mikey.”

“Don’t call me that.” Michael continued walking, ignoring her.

“So, where we headed?” Liz said keeping up with him.

I’m going to school.” Michael said looking anywhere but at her.

Liz let out a surprised gasp. “You? School? Oh my god I think I may die of shock.”

Michael snorted. “News flash Casper. You’re already dead.”

Liz glared at him. “Maybe if you would’ve let Max save me like he said he would than maybe I’d-“

“Hold up.” Michael stopped and turned to look at her. “How the hell do you know about that?”

Liz had her arms crossed over her chest her eyebrows raised. “It doesn’t matter. All that matter’s is that you let me die and I’ll never forgive you.”

“I didn’t let you die it was meant to happen! Besides you would’ve exposed us if I let him.”

Liz gasped. “I would’ve done no such thing! How do you know!”

Michael rolled his eyes. “I don’t have time for this.” He started walking again.

“Yeah, walk away Michael. Just like you pulled Max to walk away from me in the Crashdown.”

Michael turned angrily. “I didn’t let you die! I was protecting my family. GET OVER IT!”

~~~

Liz tried to hold back her laughter at Michael’s outburst. He had attracted a small crowd behind him all of whom where looking at him as if he’d lost his mind.

She nodded at Michael. “You’re right Michael. I should get over my death.”

“Thank you! Geez, it’s not that big a deal.” Michael turned and faced the crowd.

“Can you believe her? Women!” He pushed passed them and continued his walk to school.
Evansgurl01
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evansgurl01 »

Hey guys, well here's another part. I'm not too happy about it but I hope you guys like it.

Chapter 4

Michael wasn’t surprised when Max hadn’t showed up at school. He sat on his usual lunch table alone Isabel was sitting with her popular cheerleader friends today. The entire morning Michael couldn’t stop himself from feeling guilty. Everywhere he went he saw someone crying for Liz. Who would’ve thought she’d have so many friends? He breathed heavily through his nose and got back to his fries.

Maybe not letting Max save Liz wasn’t the best thing he’d done. He still didn’t understand what was so special about Liz Parker that she could have possibly affected all those people. He wondered if he’d died would anyone besides Max and Isabel cry for him. Probably not. He never got close to anyone.

“Alone again Mikey.”

Michael looked up from his plate startled. “What the hell are you doing here?”

Liz rolled her eyes. “Well, this is where I’d be if I were still alive. You on the other hand . . .”

“Look Casper, I’m feeling guilty enough as it is without having to actually talk to you.”

Liz gasped loudly. “Michael? Feeling guilty? Two surprises in one day. I can hardly believe it.”

“Why don’t you go bother someone else huh? Why don’t you go and appear to Max? He’d love that unlike me.”

Liz sat down on the bench in front of him. “I tried. Doesn’t seem to work. I guess I can only do it with you. Aren’t you feeling special?”

“Not really.” Michael played with his fries for a while before getting up.

“Where you going?”

“Away from you.”

Liz watched him leave before disappearing.

~~~

Michael climbed through Max’s window. He was surprised to see a suitcase on the bed half filled with clothes. Max came out of the closet holding more of his jeans.

“What are you doing Maxwell?”

Max put his jeans in the suitcase. “You’re smart Michael, figure it out.”

“Where are you going?”

Max went back into the closet. “I’m staying with my aunt in California for a while.”

“What? How are you just going to leave without telling anyone?”

Max shrugged. “I told Iz.”

“Fine. Without telling me?”

“Look Michael, I can’t stay here. I can’t not without her. I just need time to heal.”

“Is Isabel going with you?”

“No. She promised to visit during the summer though.”

Michael nodded. “Okay.”

He wanted to mention the fact the Liz was haunting him but thought better of it. Max wasn’t the person to tell this to. Max finished packing his clothes then looked up at Michael.

“Can you take care of her while I’m gone?”

Michael knew he was talking about Isabel. “You bet.”

“I’m leaving in about an hour. Maybe you can come visit with Iz.”

Max gave him a small smile. Michael nodded at him and went back out the window. He walked back to the trailer slowly. Max was leaving, Isabel had her friends. Everything was falling apart and all because of one girl. He just didn’t understand it.

Michael opened the door and was met with a fist flying hard to his face. He stumbled back from the force and tripped over the steps. He landed hard on his side knowing he’d have a bruise there.

“What the fuck Hank?”

“You didn’ do laundry last night.” Hank slurred.

“Are you drunk? It’s twelve in the afternoon.”

“Don’t fuckin’ question me boy. Do the fuckin laundry before I beat you some more.” Hank grabbed a bunch of clothes and threw them at him.

Michael got up and threw the clothes back at Hank. “Do the fucking laundry yourself.”

Hank growled and launched himself at Michael punching every inch he could. Michael managed to get one good hit in the head knocking Hank unconscious.

Groaning Michael got up from the floor and stumbled into the trailer holding his side. Opening the door to his tiny room he grabbed the only thing that was ever important to him a picture of Max, Isabel and him at the Crashdown. He walked back outside stepping over Hank and walked to the park. He wasn’t going back there. He’d had enough of Hank and being his daily punching bag.

He groaned when he sat down holding onto his side. Covering his face with his hands he held back the tears that were threatening to spill. He never cried he was Stonewall Guerin. He didn’t show emotions and he didn’t cry.

“So Mikey, is this what you do all day when you don’t go to school? Sit in the park?”

Groaning Michael didn’t bother to move. “Go away Casper.”

“Nope. I have nothing better to do.”

“Look.” Michael said looking at her. “I really don’t want to talk right now all right?”

~~~

Liz’s eyes widened when she saw the bruise on his cheek and his cut lip.

“What happened Michael?”

Michael sighed. “Nothing. I’m fine.”

“No you’re not fine. Look at your face.” Liz sat down next to him. She concentrated as hard as she could on him then reached out to touch him.

She was happy to see she could touch his face. He must have been surprised too because he didn’t make a move to remove her hand. Liz turned his face and looked at his cuts and bruises.

“They’re not too bad.”

He looked down at her and for the first time she noticed the swirls of green in his light brown eyes.

“Who did this to you?” She asked softly stroking his cheek.

Michael moved his face so she wasn’t touching him anymore. He didn’t answer or look at her.

“Is it your foster father? The guy that takes care of you?”

Michael snorted. “Takes real good care of me doesn’t he?”

“Oh, Michael. Why do you let him do this to you?”

Michael shook his head. “Doesn’t matter. I’m not going back there again.”

“What are you going to do? Where are you going to go?”

“Why do you care? I killed you remember?”

Liz shrugged. “I just wanted to know where you’d be so I could haunt you some more.”

Michael snorted. “You have such a big heart Liz.” He sighed. “I’m gonna talk to Max’s dad. He’s a lawyer. I think he can help.”

Liz nodded. “Good.”

Michael nodded. They stayed in silence for a while before Liz spoke. “You leave school for this? You really are dumber than you look.”

“Here we go again. Go away Casper.”
Evansgurl01
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evansgurl01 »

Hey guys! Thanks for the FB. I'm glad some new people hopped on to the story. I'm a little suprised but I'm happy you guys think I'm doing a great job. Thank you for the compliment Polargoddess it means a lot cause this is your challenge and it would suck if you didn't like it. :oops:

Chapter 5

Two weeks later Michael was sitting on the couch of his brand new house while Isabel put food away in the kitchen. He’d gotten to talk to Phillip about his situation after some help from Isabel and he was now an emancipated minor. Max was gone and Michael was keeping his promise. He made sure Isabel was well taken care of and he let her know he was always there to talk to if she ever needed anything. Michael looked around his apartment feeling a little lonely. He didn’t want to admit it but he missed Liz. She had stopped coming to him after she found out Max had left. He knew she was mad and he hoped she came back. He’d gotten used to her annoying comments and dumb pranks. She was the only person besides Max and Isabel that he’d ever actually talked to. A small part of him was scared that she’d finally found the light and was never coming back.

“Michael, you really need to get a job, this apartment isn’t going to pay itself.” Isabel commented while she put a box of cereal away.

Michael was too deep in his thoughts to hear her.

“Michael? Michael, did you hear what I said?” Isabel leaned on the partition that separated the kitchen from the living room.

“MICHAEL!”

Michael jumped and glared at Isabel. “What?”

“Where were you? I’ve been talking to you for over five minutes.”

Michael looked at Isabel for a while wondering if he should tell her. She wasn’t Max so it was safe to let her know.

“Do you believe in ghosts Iz?”

Isabel frowned. “Uh . . . nooo. Why?”

Michael stood up and walked over to her. “What if I told you I’ve seen a ghost?”

Isabel raised her eyebrow a slow smile spreading on her face. “Are you okay Michael? Are all those Snapple’s finally getting to you?”

Michael rolled his eyes. “No. Look, I’ve seen a ghost. She appears to me sometimes. Well, actually she’s haunting me but-“

“Wait,” Isabel said raising her hand to stop him. “She? Michael what are you talking about?”

Michael sighed and sat down on a stool. “Liz Parker.”

Isabel looked at him confused.

“Liz Parker’s haunting me.”

Isabel shook her head as if to straighten out her thoughts. “Okay. Let me get this straight. Liz Parker, the girl who died at the Crashdown a month ago is a ghost?”

Michael nodded.

“And she’s haunting you?”

“Yup.”

Isabel raised her eyebrow again. “Okay. I’ll humor you for a second and pretend ghosts exist. Why would Liz Parker haunt you? You didn’t even know each other.”

“Well, she sorta overheard Max and my conversation about how I stopped him from healing her. She thinks it’s my fault she died and now she haunts me.” Michael said shrugging.

“And you’re okay with this?”

“Well, she’s a little entertaining.” Michael said thinking about one of their arguments.

“Do you actually believe yourself? Michael there’s no such things as ghosts. Lay off Scooby Doo.”

“Isabel, I’m serious. Liz is haunting me.”

“Okay, Michael.” Isabel said smiling.

Michael knew she didn’t believe him. It wasn’t like he could prove it to her even if she were able to see Liz especially now that she was gone.

“You need a job Michael.”

Michael sighed nodding. “Yeah I know. I’m a start looking first thing tomorrow morning. Your dad was pretty generous to pay for two months rent. Tell him I’ll pay him back as soon as I can.”

“You don’t have to do that. My dad likes you it was a gift. He won’t take money from you.”

“Just wait till I get a job. I’ll pay it back.”

Isabel didn’t say anything. She knew there was no point in arguing. Michael didn’t like feeling like a charity case.

~~~

Liz watched her father and mother bustling around in the Crashdown. She smiled sadly when she saw her picture hanging above the wall behind the counter; white roses hanging around it. She really missed her parents. At least they kept the restaurant open even after her death. Sighing she walked through the doors and back outside wondering what she should do. She really wanted to see Michael but she’d been avoiding him for the last two weeks.

At first she’d been upset with him because he hadn’t told her Max was going away but she had gotten over that quickly. She wasn’t mad anymore and she still didn’t understand why she didn’t want to see him. Not that that didn’t stop her from missing him. She missed talking to him, laughing with him, even the fights they had. She missed haunting him she thought with a snort.

Liz walked aimlessly for a while until she ended up in front of a building. He was up there. She could feel him. Well, there was no point denying she wanted to see him. Closing her eyes she concentrated on Michael. When she opened them again she was in his apartment. She looked around nodding in approval, this wasn’t a bad place. She could definitely get used to haunting this place.

“Mikey?” She couldn’t see him anywhere.

She walked through a door which turned out to be his bedroom. A smile broke out in her face when she heard the shower on. Oh, this was going to be great. She walked through the closed door the steam rising around her. Grinning evilly Liz walked to the curtains and pulled them back quickly.

“What the fuck!” Michael yelled turning to look at her.

Liz’s eyes widened and she looked him up and down slowly. His normally spiky hair was plastered to his forehead water was dribbling down his face and the hot water had made his full lips redder and more delectable. Her eyes wandered down, who would’ve thought Michael was hiding a nicely muscled body under all those clothes. And an even nicer pe-

“Do you mind?” Michael said closing the curtains.

Liz walked back through the door and into the living room. Five minutes later Michael came out of his room black jeans and a wife beater on.

“You disappear for two weeks then finally decide to show up in my shower?” Michael smirked.

Liz rolled her eyes. “Please. Like there was anything worth seeing anyway.” Okay, she was lying but he didn’t need to know.

Michael glared at her. “Where’ve you been Casper? I figured you where already reincarnated by now.”

“Nope! Still here.” Liz looked around. “Nice place. We’ll have a lot of fun here.”

“What do you mean we? We is too many people.”

“Sorry roomie, your stuck with me. FOREVER!” She gave her best diabolical laugh while she rubbed her hands together.

Michael snorted trying to hold in his laugh. Walking over to the couch he sat next to her and turned on the TV that Isabel gave him. He flipped through the channels and stopped at a hockey game.

“NO!” Liz groaned. “Anything but this!”

Michael grinned. Awww, you’ll live roomie.” He patted her knee then turned back to the game.
Evansgurl01
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evansgurl01 »

Hey guys! I know it's been a loong time but I've had things to do. Thanks guys for the bumps unfourtunatley I won't be able to update for a while on none of my stories due to some problems sooo hopefully it wont be too long. Just letting ya'll know.

Chapter 6

“Isn’t it ironic that you’d get a job in the same place you got me killed?” Liz asked as they stood in front of the Crash.

Michael rolled his eyes. “Dude, you’re never gonna let me live that down are you?”

“Nope!”

Michael shook his head and grabbed the door handle holding it open for Liz.
“You know I can walk right through that right?” Liz said raising her eyebrow.

Michael sucked his teeth and grabbed her arm pulling her through the door with him. Frowning he stopped and looked down at his hand where he was holding her.

“How is it I’m doing that?”

Liz closed her eyes and Michael’s hand went right through her. “I learned a new trick. It only seems to work with you since you’re the only one that can see me but if I want to I can make myself solid.”

“Really?” Michael said looking at her thoughtfully.

Liz nodded she felt her face heat up at the look he was giving her.

“Hi. May I help you?”

Michael turned at the girl’s voice. He recognized the small blonde as the girl Liz used to hang out with all the time.

“Yeah, um can I speak to Mr. Parker?”

“You could at least say please.” Liz said from behind Michael.

“Shut up.” Michael muttered.

“Excuse me?” Maria put her hands on her hips.

Michael shook his head. “Nothing.”

Maria rolled her eyes and went to the back to get Mr. Parker.

“Okay any pointers for getting a job from your dad?”

“Well…normally I’d tell people to be themselves but in your case…” Liz trailed off thoughtfully.

“Oh forget it.”

After Mr. Parker came out it turned out that it wasn’t all that hard to get a job from him. Michael agreed to work as many hours as possible and Mr. Parker said he knew Michael was a hard worker. When he had said that Michael had to use all the strength he possessed not to glare at Liz when she burst out in laughter.

“Sooo, what are we gonna do now?” Liz asked him when they got back outside.

“There’s a hockey game I plan on watching.”

“What! No! That’s all you watch. There are other things on TV Mikey. Or God forbid you read a book.” Liz said irritated.

“Please! Who was the one watching Spanish soap operas at two o’clock? You don’t even understand them!”

“Hey! I do too understand. ” Liz said indignantly.

“Oh yeah because pretending to talk for them means you know what’s going on?”

Liz narrowed her eyes and stuck her foot out in front of him. Michael tripped over her falling hard on the floor.

“HA!” Liz cried out laughing hysterically.

Michael shot up angrily and started walking faster. He didn’t even bother to look back to see if she was behind him.

“Aww. Don’t be mad Mikey.” Liz said smiling brightly.

Michael glared at her and stopped once he reached his destination. Liz raised an eyebrow questioningly when she looked up at the church.

“What are we doing here?”

Michael didn’t answer he just opened the heavy wooden doors and walked straight towards a nun kneeling in front of a cross.

“Excuse me.”

The nun looked up at Michael and smiled. “Yes, honey?”

“I’d like one exorcism please…uh, to go.” He added the hockey game was starting soon.

“You want WHAT!” Liz yelled.

“Yeah, you heard me.” Michael smiled triumphantly at Liz.

The nun looked at the young man who was smiling and talking to thin air. “Young man, are you all right?”

“Oh Michael Guerin you’re really asking for it.” Liz said angrily.

“Yeah whatever.”

“Fine! We’ll see how you’ll feel once you get home.” Liz threatened before disappearing.

“Wait! LIZ!” Michael groaned, “DAMMIT!”

“Excuse me!” The nun said glaring at Michael.

“Sorry,” Michael took out a dollar and put it in the poor box before running as fast as he could outside and towards his apartment.
At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that it's happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away

-Meredith (Grey's Anatomy)
Evansgurl01
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evansgurl01 »

HEY GUYS! OKAY here's the last chapter. I finally completed it. Thanks for the FB to those who wrote. Thank you Polar Goddess for your challenge. I hope I did it justice.

Chapter 7

Michael ran home and took the stairs two at a time. He didn’t know what Liz planned on doing but he hoped he got there in time before she made any permanent damage. He put the key in the door but it wouldn’t budge. Placing his had over the lock he used his powers to unlock it but it still wouldn’t budge. Frustrated he started banging on the door.

“LIZ! LIZ OPEN THIS DOOR!” Michael yelled hitting his fist hard on the door.

He continued to bang unaware that he was currently knocking through Liz’s face.

“LIZ-Mother Fucker!” Michael yelled stepping back when he saw Liz’s head popping through the door. “Will you stop fucking doing that!”

~~~

Liz heard him banging on the door but ignored him. She looked around satisfied with her work. She walked to the door and stuck her head out only to have Michael’s fist go through her face. She watched him curse and stumble back.

“What do you want Mikey?” Liz said in an overly cheery voice.

“What did you do? Open the door Liz.”

“Are you sure I mean-“

“Yes! Just let me in.” Michael said cutting her off.

“Oookay.” She said in a sing song voice. Liz moved back and let go of the force she had on the door.

~~~

Michael heard the click of the lock and opened the door. His jaw dropped when he looked around.

“YOU GLUED MY FURNITURE TO THE CEILING!” He roared.

He turned to Liz who was currently rolling around on the floor laughing hysterically. He stared up at his couch and TV wondering how the hell she got them up there and how the hell he was going to get them down.

“This was low Liz.” Michael said angrily.

“Oh, because threatening to exorcise me isn’t low?” Liz said wiping the tears of mirth from her eyes and getting up.

Michael rolled his eyes. “You know I’d never do that.”

~~~

Liz crossed her arms over her chest the hurt coming back. When she heard what he wanted from the nun she felt like he didn’t want her around anymore. Like he was tired of her and wished she’d ‘find the light’ like he so kindly put it before. Yeah she had started off haunting him because of what she could’ve had with Max but that was long over. She hardly remembered what Max looked like let alone how she felt about him. The only people she really remembered were her parents, Maria, and Michael.

“Then why’d you say it?” She asked tears coming to her eyes. “Don’t you want me here anymore?”

~~~

Michael looked into her face and felt his heart lurch. How could she think he didn’t want her here anymore? He loved having her around. He loved to hear her laugh, he loved to see her pout, he loved the way she looked when she was pissed at him about something, he just loved her.

Michael’s eyes widened at the realization. He loved her. Him Mr. don’t let anybody get near me Stonewall Guerin was in love with Elizabeth Parker. He noticed he hadn’t answered her question when he saw her tears coming harder and saw her slowly start to disappear.

“Wait! I do want you here.” Michael said holding up his hand.

~~~

Liz stopped and looked at him skeptically. “Really?”

He nodded and gave her that rare grin he usually keeps hidden. She watched him reach over and try to touch her cheek but his hand went right through her.

“Baby, let me touch you.”

Liz’s eyes widened at his soft tone and endearment. She closed her eyes and concentrated until she felt Michael’s warm palm on her cheek. Keeping her eyes closed she felt him wipe away her tears tenderly. When he stroked her cheek Liz leaned into his caress and turned her face to kiss his palm.

“I want you Liz.” Michael murmured.

Liz felt his warm breath on her face and knew he was just millimeters from her. She closed her eyes tight in anticipation.

~~~

Michael looked down into her beautiful face one more time before he took her lips. He was surprised to feel they were warm. He groaned softly when she opened her mouth in a sigh and touched her tongue to his.

Michael wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her against him. He felt her grab onto his leather jacket and pull herself up onto her toes to kiss him more fully. Without thought Michael slid his hands down from her waist to her legs and lifted her up.

He moved towards where he knew the couch was but stopped when he remembered she’d glued them to the ceiling. Pulling back to kiss and nibble on her neck he walked them towards his bedroom. He heard Liz’s little sighs of pleasure and felt his pants tighten even more than they were a minute ago. He dropped her on the bed his eyes never leaving hers. She was an angel. His angel. He had a small moment of panic thinking about her leaving him. She couldn’t leave him. She was his and no one was going to take her from him.

~~~

Liz looked up at Michael when he deposited her on the bed. He was so beautiful to her. How could she not have noticed him in the past? He was so intense. She saw a look of terror pass over his face. Wanting to ease his worries she spread her arms out.

“Come here Michael.”

He smiled at her and climbed on the bed; he lay next to her and pulled her up and on top of him. She grinned down at him and kissed him softly. The kiss grew heated quickly and Liz felt his hands go from her back to her legs spreading them around his waist. She unconsciously grinded her hips on his erection feeling a tingle in her stomach. They kissed in earnest both wanting to lose themselves in the other.

Michael removed his jacket and Liz helped take off his Metallica t-shirt. Liz looked down into his chest and unconsciously licked her lips. She tentatively touched his chest then lowered her head to place small kisses all over his body. She kissed her way down to the waistband of his pants and looked up at him before unbuttoning them.

~~~

Michael sucked in a breath when he saw her pull down his pants and boxers. His cock sprung free and he saw her eyes widen.

“What?” he panted.

“I’ve never seen one this close in real life before.” Liz said reaching out to grasp him in her hand.

Michael groaned loudly. “Yeah, you did baby. When you decided to grace me with your presence in the bathroom,” Michael said through gritted teeth.

Liz pumped him in her had a few times but he knew he wasn’t going to last very long so he quickly turned them around so he lay on top. He looked down at her blue Crashdown uniform. That was all he ever saw her in and he thought she looked beautiful.

“My turn to touch you.” Michael grinned.

Liz blushed but smiled back. He ran his hands slowly up her arms on her collarbone then down to her breasts. They were small but Michael loved them all the same. The buttons of the uniform ran down the middle so in one swift move he ripped the dress apart. He hardened even more if possible when he saw her white flowery bra and matching panties.

He softly squeezed both her breasts before lowering the cups to see his first real pair of breasts.

“You’re beautiful.” Michael murmured.

He bent his head and took one rosy nipple into his mouth while he rolled and tugged on the other. Encouraged by her moans he sucked harder on both of them until she started to grind her hips under him.

“Please Michael.” Liz asked not sure what she wanted.

Michael kissed her one more time then nibbled his way down to her panties. Slowly he pulled them down inhaling a sharp breath. She was so precious. He reached out touching her where no one had ever touched her before. She cried out and lifted her hips.

Michael touched her a while longer then positioned himself over her again his cock aligned to her pussy. He looked into her face and started to slowly enter her He gritted his teeth at her tight she was. He felt her barrier and stopped.

“This is gonna hurt.” He looked concerned.

Liz smiled. “Do it Michael.”

Closing his eyes he thrust through her barrier and all the way inside her. He heard her intake of breath. He opened his eyes and looked down at her stroking her cheek.

“Are you okay?”

Liz nodded. “Just hold on a minute.”

Michael nodded and waited. When he felt her start to grind her hips he moved slowly at first. Soon the pace increased and they were both moaning and panting loudly. Michael felt himself close to the edge and wanted her there with him. He remembered reading about how girl’s clitoris made them climax. He reached between them and found the little nub rubbing it in fast circles.

“Oh, Michael!” Liz shuddered and came around him.

He let out a loud groan and came inside her.

~~~

Liz lay with her head on his chest still feeling the tremors in her body. She’d never felt anything like that before. She was still glowing when she felt him tense under her.

She rested her head on her hand and looked up at him. He was pale as a ghost no pun intended.

“What’s wrong Michael?”

“We didn’t use anything,” Michael sat up quickly. “Liz we didn’t use a condom.”

Liz rolled her eyes. “Michael, I know you’re slow sometimes but incase you haven’t noticed I’m dead. Ghosts don’t get pregnant.”

Michael turned wide eyes to her. “Oh, what do you know! You’ve only been a ghost once! Oh, my god. What if- what if you get pregnant with half alien half ghost babies and-and they start running through doors and-and walls. Oh my god, no one will see them! They’ll just run around all over the place blowing things up with their alien powers and-and gluing people to walls with their ghost powers-“

“MICHAEL! That’s not going to happen. Calm down.” Liz said laughing lightly.

“Are you sure?”

“YES! Jeez. Just lay back.”

Michael lay back down then bolted up a minute later. “I’m the only that can see you. That means if you have a alien ghost baby I have to deliver it. Oh my god. I can’t deliver a baby! I only went to health class once this semester!”

Liz groaned. “WE ARE NOT HAVING A BABY!”

Michael looked at her startled. “All right damn you didn’t have to yell.” He lay back down.

“Liz?”

Liz sat up. “Michael if you tell me we’re having a baby one more time I’m gonna shove one up your ass!”

Michael laughed. “I love you.”

Liz gasped. “Y-you what?”

Michael groaned. “Aww don’t make me say it again.”

“Michael Guerin! If you don’t-“

“Okay okay. I love you.”

Liz grinned brightly. “I love you too.”

~~~

Liz felt a tingling all over her body and immediately stopped smiling. This didn’t feel right. She looked up at Michael a horrified when she started to slowly disappear.

Liz? Liz what are you doing?” Michael said watching as her feet slowly faded.

Liz shook her head frantically and hugged him. “I’m not doing it! Michael I’m not doing it!”

Michael hugged her tight. “No! You aren’t leaving.”

“Michael, help me. I don’t want to leave you.” Liz said tears running down her face.

Michael shook his head. “You’re not going anywhere baby.” But even as he said it the watched as her legs faded then her stomach.

“NO! MICHAEL!”

He held her tighter not wanting to let go but a minute later he was holding onto air.

“No. No. No. NO! LIZ!”

Michael sat there calling her name until his throat hurt. He didn’t notice he had tears in his eyes until the room became too blurry to see. He got up looking frantically through the house hoping to find out she was joking. He called out to her but he knew she was gone. She was actually gone this time.

Michael fell to his knees defeated. He let the tears fall for a while the pain in his heart unbearable. He looked up at the ceiling.

“Give her back to me! She’s mine!” He yelled. “Give her back to me.” He pleaded in a hushed voice.

~~~

Liz looked around; she couldn’t see anything through all the white fog. Finally seeing a bright light she started to walk towards it but stopped.

“No. Send me back!” She yelled to anybody that was listening. “Do you here me! Send me back!”

Refusing to go anywhere she sat down with her hands around her knees.

“Why are you fighting it child?” A voice said.

Liz stood up quickly looking around but couldn’t see anybody.

“Hello?”

“It is your time.” The voice said again.

Liz turned her fear into anger. “IT’S NOT! I want to go back! I want to go back.” An image of Michael came to her and she got down on her knees. “Please. Please God send me back.” She cried tears spilling over her eyes.

Liz squinted her eyes as the light got too bright to bear then everything went black.

~~~

“I can’t believe you told that stupid alien story to another one of our customers.” Maria said shaking her head disapprovingly at Liz.

Liz blinked. “What?”

“They actually believed you!”

Liz looked around. How’d she get back here? The last thing she remembered was begging God to bring…her.

“Maria, you can see me.” Liz said smiling.

Maria raised her eyebrow at Liz and nodded slowly. “Yes…can you see me?” she said as if she were speaking to a child.

Liz shrieked and hugged her tightly. “You can see me!” she said laughing.

“All right Lizzie,” Maria patted her on the head. “Lay off the chocolate.”

They jumped apart when the heard a gunshot. Liz hurried outside with Maria to see two guys running out of the Crashdown.

“Maria call the police!” Liz said before they got away.

Maria ran to the backroom. Liz looked around and her eyes landed on Michael. He was standing up with Max ready to bolt.

“Michael!” She smiled and ran towards him.

~~~

Michael heard someone call his name and watched as Elizabeth Parker came running towards him. He caught her easily his eyebrows raised at her.

“Uh, why are you hugging me?” Michael asked.

He felt a sense of familiarity, why did it feel so good to hug her?

She looked up at him her big brown eyes filling with tears when he let her go and stepped back.

“Y-you don’t remember?”

“Uh, what am I supposed to be remembering?”

She shook her head. “N-nothing.”

He stared at her for a while before he pulled Max by the arm and left.

~~~

Liz sat at on one of the Crashdown booths after closing. When the police arrived and her parent’s walked out to speak to them Liz couldn’t help but hug them to death. It had been so long. They had taken statements and assured her parents that they would find the perps with the guns. Her dad had closed the Crash early and Liz spent the rest of the day with them hugging and kissing them on occasion.

Now she sat alone her heart braking. Michael didn’t remember her. She had begged to come back so she could be with him and he didn’t remember her. Tears welled in her eyes and spilled onto the counter.

Liz got the weird feeling that she was being watched and looked around. Her heart stopped and started beating double time when she saw him at the door. She stood up and walked slowly to the door unlocking it. Michael pushed the door open and stood in front of her looking intently into her eyes.

“Michael.” She whispered before getting on her toes and pressing her mouth to his.

~~~

As soon as their lips touched flashes assaulted Michael. He saw himself walking down the street with Liz, talking, and laughing with her. He saw them on a couch watching TV. He saw himself kissing and touching her. He saw himself crying on his knees begging for her to come back.

As if something clicked in the back of his mind he remembered. Pulling back he looked into her chocolate brown eyes. He remembered. He had stayed on the floor for hours calling out to her but she never came. He must have fallen asleep because that’s the last thing he remembered doing before he came back here.

“Liz! You’re back!” He hugged her tightly and kissed her passionately.

“Y-you remember?”

Michael grinned. “Yeah Casper I remember.”

A slow smile spread across her face and she squealed before jumping on him to wrap her legs around his waist.

Michael laughed and walked back towards the counter sitting her on top of it and stepping between her legs. He kissed her softly at first but soon had her laying back on the counter his hands starting to work on the buttons of her uniform.

“ELIZABETH PARKER!”

Liz sat up horrified and looked towards the stairs to see her dad standing there with murder in his eyes.

Michael stepped back away from her his eyes wide with fear.

“Oh my god my father’s gonna kill you.” Liz said quietly to him.

“Well, I hope you spend as much alone time in your room as you can now cause when he kills me, that’s the first place I’ma haunt.”

THE END
At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that it's happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away

-Meredith (Grey's Anatomy)
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

bump