Fail Safe ( ML / Adult) by Lelea (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Fail Safe ( ML / Adult) by Lelea (Complete)

Post by Kath7 »

Winner - Round 2

Summery: This story takes place after Ask Not from season two. So Nasedo is dead, the Skins have been mentioned but not seen, none of the couples are together. The orb is not just a communication device it is aware and has a mission of it’s own.

Parts 1-97

Chapter 98

“Liz! You’re never going to be ready on time!” Isabel cried upset.

“Relax. There’s still almost two hours before the ceremony. I have more then enough time,” Liz replied shortly. She was feeling out of sorts herself and wasn’t about to put up with a tantrum from the queen of drama. She hadn’t even seen Max in two days so there was no way she would be late for her own wedding. Too bad if she wasn’t adhering to Isabel’s timetable. “I can’t get dressed yet because I still have to feed Shea. Go bother the guys everything here is just as it should be.”

Isabel huffed and left the room with a swirl of her skirts.

Maria laughed softly to herself. “A little harsh Liz?”

Liz rolled her eyes then smiled. “Maybe a little. She’s just soo….Isabel,” Liz concluded unable to think of a better description. “Everything has to be perfect or she’s a crazed lunatic. I feel bad for Alex.”

“I don’t,” Maria said her lips turning down. “You didn’t see what I saw. Alex deserves to be her slave for a few more days.”

“Maria! It’s Alex! Come on…sweet little Alex?” Liz asked turning away from the mirror to look at Maria.

“Sweet little Alex was up to his neck in mud and not one but two thong clad bimbos. He was lucky Isabel didn’t beat the hell out of him,” Maria replied her face flushing with remembered anger. “Michael got an ear twisting ass kicking that he won’t forget anytime soon and I didn’t even catch him in the pool with the whores.”

Liz’s lips twitched before she schooled her face into a sympathetic expression. “He said Michael pushed him in,” Liz pointed out.

“Yeah, I’d say the same if I was faced with Isabel’s fury. Michael didn’t place that slut’s thong in his grubby hand. He can say he slipped all he wants. He shouldn’t have been there and he knows it. I didn’t raise a player,” Maria stated firmly.

“Maria, Alex is not a player! Get serious. He displayed poor judgement I’ll admit but let’s not write him off just yet,” Liz said amused. Of course she could afford to be amused. Max had been with her.

“He displayed Michael like judgement. I have my hands full with Michael I can’t let Alex slip down into the muck when I’ve spent years training him to be a sensitive evolved kind of guy. I say let Isabel beat him into shape,” Maria replied and slanted Liz a look. “She didn’t do too bad with Max.”

“True,” Liz agreed and nodded. “Okay. Now tell me about Michael.”

“Let me just say it’s be a cold day in hell before I forget this and almost as long before he gets any nookie,” Maria said still furious with Michael. The shit-eating grin on his face when she had walked in combined with his cheers encouraging Alex had sent her into orbit. Even the satisfaction of his expression when he had seen her and watching Isabel chew his ass and box his ears hadn’t cooled her anger. Dr. Love was out of business as far as she was concerned.

Liz bit the inside of her cheek to control her urge to grin. “I’m sure he won’t forget this either.”

“Hell no he won’t. I’ll remind him of it for years to come,” Maria said and gave a nod in agreement with that statement. She checked herself over in the full-length mirror. Perfect.

“You look beautiful Maria,” Liz said softly.

“Thank you. I’ll just go and check on everything and let you finish getting ready,” Maria said and gave Liz a quick squeeze before exiting.

Max paced back and forth in the small room feeling edgy and anxious. He hadn’t put on his tux yet knowing Isabel would freak out if it got wrinkled or something got on it. Powers or no.

“Hey buddy, what’s the problem? You look a little…nervous,” Kyle remarked grinning broadly.

Max stopped pacing and looked over at Kyle. “I’m not nervous. I just want this to be over with. I haven’t even seen Liz in two days and..,” Max stopped running his hand through his hair.

“I see,” Michael smirked and elbowed Kyle. “He’s not getting any.”

“You are?” Kyle asked shooting Michael a look pleased when the smirk dropped off Michael’s face. “That’s what I thought.”

“Stop,” Max said not wanting to listen to this conversation. His skin was tight and itchy and he craved Liz in a way that he hadn’t felt since…they Joined. He needed to see her.

“What is going on in here?” Isabel asked looking around the room. Kyle and Michael were sprawled out on the ratty couch and Max was standing there hair on end. Not one of them was dressed. “Where’s Alex?”

“Hiding from you if he’s smart,” Michael muttered.

Isabel turned the full force of her glare on him. “Excuse me?”

“Nothing. I don’t know where he is,” Michael said with his most innocent face.

“Is Liz here?” Max asked.

“She’s here but you are not to see her until she walks down the aisle,” Isabel said firmly. “It’s bad luck.”

“I thought it was bad luck to see the dress not the bride,” Kyle said then shut up when Isabel turned to look at him with an annoyed expression. “Sorry,” Kyle said and held up his hands.

“I’m going to go find Alex and when I get back I better see you guys dressed,” Isabel warned. She needed plenty of time to check them all over and fix anything that was out of place. She had no faith that they could dress themselves.

After she left Michael turned to the others. “Alex better run she’s in full out Nazi mode.”

Liz cradled Shea talking to her softly as she ate. This was probably the last truly quiet moment she would have all day.

“Honey?” Nancy asked sticking her head in the room.

“Hey Mom,” Liz said looking up with a smile.

“Your father is a wreck,” Nancy said smiling and walking into the room.

“Yeah, he was in here earlier,” Liz agreed smiling. “I told him to take a walk and relax for a few minutes.”

“You look beautiful,” Nancy said softly. She couldn’t believe that her little girl was getting married.

“Thank you,” Liz said and shifted Shea to her shoulder patting her back.

“Here let me take her so you can finish getting ready,” Nancy offered and lifted Shea into her arms.

“Thanks,” Liz said softly. “Are people starting to get here yet?”

“Quite a few people are here. I saw Sero and Kathana already. The Whitman’s are here and Amy of course. Ash’s people are spread out all over,” Nancy said watching Liz sigh.

“This was supposed to be a small wedding,” Liz groaned.

“Well that’s what happens when you’re involved with an alien king. You better get used to the politics involved,” Nancy pointed out smiling slightly.

“This isn’t even an alien thing. This is an Earth thing,” Liz argued. She didn’t see why all the alien leaders were even interested. According to their customs she and Max were already married. It wasn’t just Sero and Kathana that were attending. Hanar was coming as well. None of them were sending human vessels they were coming in person. She couldn’t even imagine all the trouble they were going to. Traveling all the way here and either shifting shape to fit in or wearing a husk. A simple wedding had turned into this big thing.

Nancy smiled at the look on Liz’s face. “Maybe they just want to meet Shea,” Nancy teased trying to ease Liz’s nerves.

Liz rolled her eyes and smiled. “Thanks Mom for taking care of Shea for me. You’ve done so much for me. You’ve made things so much easier thank you for that,” Liz said getting a little misty.

“You’re my daughter and I love you. Of course I’m going to help you. Max is a great choice. He loves you very much and that’s all I need to know,” Nancy said easing her daughter’s mind. The alien details weren’t important to her. Liz’s wellbeing was what she cared about.

“I love you too Mom,” Liz said and smiled brightly feeling her nerves lessen.

Nancy gave her a trembling smile as she tried not to cry. “I better take Shea and let you get dressed. Isabel will be most displeased if we run late,” Nancy joked lightly.

“Yeah, umm can you ask Max to come see me?” Liz asked hopefully.

“Oh no. You’ll see him shortly. Right now you need to get ready,” Nancy said firmly.

Liz sighed as her mom closed the door. She just needed to touch him it wasn’t enough to reach for him through their connection. Everything would be fine if she could just see him and touch him just for a minute. She tried to ignore that feeling and finish getting ready.

Max had had enough. This was crazy. He was going to go and see Liz. This was their day and he wasn’t going to let everyone else control what happened. He headed for the window.

“Hey! Where do you think you’re going?” Michael asked as Max threw his leg over the windowsill. “You can’t run out on your wedding,” Michael paused then continued. “If you are take me with you. I’m not facing the girls alone.”

“I’m not running out on my wedding. I just need to talk to Liz for a second. I’ll be back to get dressed in a minute,” Max said and dropped to the ground. He didn’t wait to hear Michael’s response.

“If Isabel catches him he’s a dead man,” Kyle said idly.

“Yep. We better start getting ready or we’ll be in trouble right along with him,” Michael said sighing in defeat.

Max looked in the window checking for who was in the room before he entered. He froze as he saw Liz. She was sitting at the dressing table fixing her hair wearing only stockings and lace. He boosted himself in the window trying to be as quiet as possible.

Liz turned hearing a noise and smiled as Max climbed in the window. “You have a thing for windows don’t you? What are you going to do when we’re living together and you don’t need to climb in the window?”

“I just knew Isabel would body slam me before she let me in here. I needed to see you,” Max said as he approached her.

“Nervous?” Liz asked softly as he reached her and knelt down so he was closer to her.

“No. I just missed you. I needed to see you. I couldn’t wait,” Max said running his hands down her bare arms.

Liz leaned forward and kissed him softly. “I missed you too. I’m glad you’re here,” Liz whispered.

Max smiled and leaned his forehead against hers. “You look amazing.”

“You weren’t supposed to see this until tonight,” Liz teased as Max fingered the lace at the top of her stockings. She felt all her tension drain away as his familiar scent seeped into her. “Is that what you’re wearing?”

Max smiled and nuzzled her neck. “If it is will you be mad?”

“No. Isabel will kill you though,” Liz breathed feeling her body grow heavy as his lips slid down her neck.

“Hmmm,” Max replied pulling her closer. He felt something inside him ease as the warmth of her body registered calming him. He pressed kisses along her neck forgetting everything else as his hands ran over her bare skin.

“Max…we can’t….,” Liz whispered as his hands glided over her skin. It was hard to remember why they had to be sensible. “Isabel…”

Max ignored her words in favor of what he felt through their connection. She ached for him just like he did for her. They shouldn’t have stayed away from each other. He wouldn’t be able to wait through the wedding and reception to be alone with her…especially since he now knew what she was going to be wearing under her dress.

Liz felt her shoulder throb with heat as her seal pulsed with light. “Max…we’re getting married in an hour. We’re in a church. Isabel will kill you,” Liz said listing off reasons that they couldn’t do this. When his teeth scraped against her skin she pulled him closer, pressing into him.

Max kissed her and felt her moan into his mouth. It wasn’t sex he needed exactly. It was the oneness the blending together of their seals and essences that he craved. He needed to feel her and he knew she needed that too. “You feel this too. Our seals calling to each other.”

“I feel it but..,” Liz tried to hang onto reason as Max released her bra.

“Okay, but we’re leaving right after the ceremony,” Max said pulling back to see her face.

“No! We can’t. We have to go to the reception,” Liz said shocked. Where was the Max Evans she was familiar with? He was never like this.

“Liz…I..,” Max started to explain but decided to open their connection completely instead.

Liz’s eyes widened at the rush of feeling. “Okay,” Liz caved and pulled off his shirt. “But I want you to know I’m probably going to hell for this.”

Max smiled as the shirt cleared his head. “Then you can keep me company.”

Liz rolled her eyes then kissed him deeply. She let him slide the bra from her arms then wrapped her arms around him holding him close.

“Where is Max?” Isabel asked slightly frazzled.

“Ummm I’m not sure,” Kyle said adjusting his tie to keep from meeting Isabel’s piercing eyes.

“Michael?” Isabel asked sharply. Honestly she couldn’t leave them alone for an instant.

“He went out the window,” Michael answered with a shrug. He wasn’t going to cover for him after he had siced Maria on him. He was on his own to face the fury of Isabel the wedding Nazi.

“WHAT?” Isabel shrieked.

Alex winced but kept filming. This was going to be an interesting wedding video.

Liz moaned softly as Max moved inside her. She opened to him fully and felt their seals reaching for each other striving to connect them.

Max touched her in gentle gliding motions cherishing her with every touch. This was more then lust more then sex. “I love you, Liz. So much.”

Liz felt the world shift around them as light pulsed around them showing in a visible way their unity. It felt absolutely right like it was meant to be this way. “Max!”

Max guided her to his shoulder and groaned in pleasure as she teeth sank into his flesh.

Maria hustled down the hall trying to reach Liz before Isabel did. She knew Max was there. Nothing else made sense. She knocked on the door afraid to just walk in. “Liz?”

“Ummm just a second,” Liz called glancing in the mirror. She shot Max a look when she saw the damage. “This is your fault,” She whispered poking him in the chest.

Max grinned proudly. “You look beautiful. See ya in about thirty minutes,” He replied making his way to the window.

“We are staying at the reception all night,” Liz stated firmly as Max sat on the windowsill.

“Deal,” Max agreed and jumped down.

“Come in,” Liz called giving up on fixing her hair.

Maria opened the door and rolled her eyes. “You two have a problem. I swear,” Maria stated as she walked into the room. “Here let me help.”

“Thanks,” Liz said as Maria moved help her with her dress. Once it was on they moved repair her hair.

“You’re going to look exactly like a 1930’s movie star. This dress is perfect,” Maria said looking her over. The dress was slim fitting ivory satin. It had no lace and was really simple in design but it really highlighted Liz’s beauty.

The door burst open and Isabel rushed in. “Is Max here?”

“Umm no. Why?” Liz asked keeping an innocent look on her face.

“Oh nothing. Nevermind,” Isabel said and rushed back out slamming the door closed.

Maria started laughing and Liz just smiled. Max was sooo going to get it Isabel found him.

The ceremony went smoothly and the reception was in full swing with everyone having a great time. All agreed Liz was a radiant bride and Max had a grin plastered on his face both were glowing with happiness.

Liz burrowed closer to Max as they danced feeling like everything was perfect. She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder.

“Is this what you had in mind for our wedding?” Max asked softly.

“Um hmm. I’ll have to thank Isabel once a day for the next year. She really did a great job,” Liz answered.

Max smiled and glanced over at Isabel who was finally relaxing enough to dance with Alex. When his special request came on he smiled.

“This is a special request by the groom for his bride.”

Liz felt her eyes tear as a Prince song came on. ‘The Most Beautiful Girl In The World’ Her heart filled with love for the man who would take the time to search for a song that would mean so much to her.

“No crying,” Max said firmly with a smile. “You’ve always been the most beautiful girl to me.”

“I love you, Max. Thank you. This is the best wedding I could have dreamed of,” Liz said her eyes glowing as she looked into his.

This was the start of a new chapter in their lives and they were both ready to see what life had in store for them, confidant that together they could met the challenges ahead.

The End.
Last edited by Kath7 on Mon May 03, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.