The Fourth (AU, K/T, CC ADULT) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you Flamehair, Buddha-boy, Fehrbaby, tequathisy, and imnotlc for the fabulous FB!

And a few clarifications-
...why didn't mention it to Maria, he just slipped it in as if it wasn't majorly surprising news?
-Good question, it mainly deals with the fact that they didn't have time for him to take Maria aside and tell her, and he had to wait due to the fact that they haven't told Jim and Amy just yet that she is the fourth. And it's just so Michael to just let it slip through.
another of his powers?.......
-Not exactly, just use of his existing powers. If someone projects their thoughts, Kyle can hear them more easily. Since Maria knows this she projected her thoughts to a point where his barrier wouldn't be able to keep it out. Kinda like if you were in one room and someone yelled at you from another, you'd still be able to hear it even thought there is a wall between you. I hope that makes sense!

And onto the next part! Enjoy!

~11~

Kyle and Maria settled in front of the TV and started a movie to pass the time. Kyle kept glancing at the clock and Maria couldn't help but smile.

"She'll be fine." Maria assured him.

"I know," Kyle sighed. "But, I can't help but worry- this is all so new."

"You'll be having your first fight in no time." Maria chuckled as she rubbed Kyle's shoulder. "You do look good together- and I can't believe she's the fourth."

"I know, it's ironic- almost like it was meant to be." He smiled. "I love her Maria."

"Don't you think it's a little soon to say that?" She questioned as she leaned back against the couch and sighed. "It's only been a few weeks- what happens when Max and Tess meet?"

"What do you mean?" Kyle stammered, staring at her in confusion.

"Did you forget about the destiny book that Nasedo carries around?" Maria began as Kyle visibly stiffened. "Liz has been dreading finding the fourth- I'm not sure she's going to like the new development."

"But, Tess and I are together." He stated, taken a back by her comment. "She told me that she held no feelings for Zan in the past, why would she have feelings for him now?"

Maria shrugged. "I'm not saying she will- but, it's there. It could happen."

Kyle swallowed hard, his thoughts running wild. "No. We have something special- it won't happen."

"Then why haven't you told him, Kyle?" Maria asked and he sucked in a quick breath. "You are both avoiding it."

Kyle closed his eyes briefly, she was right. "I don't-"

His voice trailed off as the house phone began to ring, interrupting his thoughts. Kyle sighed and picked it up. "Valenti residence," he answered as he waited for the caller to speak.

"Hey," the voice replied and Kyle instantly recognized it as the one they were just speaking of.

"Well speak of the devil," Kyle drawled as he glanced over at Maria.

"I gather you missed us?" Max questioned laughter apparent in his voice. "Sorry, we couldn't make it to the dinner, but we had four tickets to the theater in Las Cruces. I assume we are still on for tomorrow, right?"

"Right," Kyle replied as he glanced over at Maria. "What are we doing?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," Max chuckled. "Maria said it was a surprise."

"Oh, good." Kyle snorted, relaxing a little bit. "What can I do for you?"

"Actually, I was calling to see if Michael was still around- he isn't answering his cell." Max explained and Kyle chuckled, knowing that Michael had a tendency to keep his cell off at the most inappropriate times.

"He just left," Kyle replied as he glanced at the clock. "About ten minutes ago."

"Did he happen to tell you where he was going?" He questioned. "I need to speak to him."

"He's just showing Tess the pod chamber," Kyle stated as he glanced once more at the clock. "They should be back-"

"The pod chamber?" Max repeated, his voice rising slightly. "Why would he take her there?" He demanded and Kyle blinked, suddenly realizing his mistake.

"Max-" he began as the line cut off. "Damn it." He grumbled as Maria turned to him.

"What's wrong?" Maria questioned as she sat up a little straighter.

"Max jumped to the wrong conclusion- I screwed up." Kyle sighed as he ran his hand through his hair. "He's probably on his way to the pod chamber as we speak."

"Oh, not good." Maria gasped. "You better warn them."

"How? You know that the cell phones don't work out at the rock." Kyle grumbled.

"Um, don't make me point out the obvious here." Maria began, shaking her head. "Use your powers, duh."

"Oh," Kyle chuckled, flashing her a smile before he closed his eyes and imagined himself at the base of the rock formation.

He opened his eyes, feeling slightly disorientated as he glanced around, pleased that he made it to the right destination and glad that no one was around to witness it. He took a deep breath and then made his way up to the pod chamber. He pressed his palm against the cool rock surface, his alien essence triggering the door to open.

"Kyle!" Tess gasped as he walked though the chamber door. Kyle managed a small smile as he leaned against the far wall. "What are you doing here?" She questioned as she rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around him, giving him the support he visibly needed.

"I goofed, Max is on his way." He explained as he closed his eyes, leaning heavily into Tess.

"Did you teleport?" Michael questioned, disregarding his statement as he continued to stare at Kyle in awe.

"Yeah," he whispered, attempting to open his eyes and failed to do so.

"That's miles away, Kyle-" Michael gasped. "It's the furthest you've attempted, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Kyle sighed as Tess ran her fingers over his chest.

"Are you okay?" She questioned, worrying about him as she rested her hands on his chest and concentrated, letting her energy flow into him. "Kyle?"

"It was you!" Michael gasped suddenly as he felt the influx of power within him. "The other day-"

"Thanks," Kyle whispered, standing up a tad stronger and kissing her softly.

Tess turned to Michael, "we had a theory that it was my powers that you felt- we weren't sure. Twins tend to share their powers."

"Huh," Michael exhaled as he studied Tess and Kyle in the dim light. "Are you two okay?"

"I think so," Tess replied quickly as she rubbed Kyle's arm. "Kyle?"

"I'm okay," Kyle sighed as he gazed into Tess eyes. "Better, thanks to you."

"That's good," Michael muttered as he turned his gaze to Kyle. "What were you saying- you goofed what?"

Kyle nodded, remembering his reason for teleporting in the first place. "Max called looking for you." He began, rubbing his neck. "And I replied that you took Tess to the pod chamber."

"Let me guess," Michael groaned. "He didn't let you explain why Tess should be any where near the pod chamber?"

"Exactly," he nodded. "I figure he should be here soon- I just wanted to give you the heads up."

"Thanks," Michael sighed as he glanced at Tess. "I guess it's time for you to tell him the truth."

Tess nodded, suddenly feeling nervous. "I guess-"

Tess' voice was cut off as the chamber door opened and Max came charging in. "Michael-" He began as he stopped in his track, his eyes locking on Tess. "You."

"Hi," Tess waved as Max continued to stare at her and Kyle wrapped his arms around her.

"Do I know you?" Max questioned as he stepped closer, disregarding Kyle and Michael's presence. "Who are you?"

"My name is Tess," she whispered as she held strong under Max's scrutinizing gaze. "I- I'm-"

"Ava," Max exhaled sharply as he reached out and touched her face. "How? When?"

"She's my girlfriend," Kyle snapped, pushing Max's hand away from Tess' face. "If you had come earlier I would have introduced you."

"Kyle," Tess began, touching his hand, trying to reassure him. "It's okay."

"You found the fourth," Max drawled, turning his attention to Kyle. "And you didn't bother to mention it to us?"

"We are telling you now," Kyle sighed, shaking his head. "There isn't really anything else to say."

Max stared at Tess and Kyle and than glanced at Michael. "And you thought you'd show her the pod chamber with out mentioning anything to me?"

"It didn't seem pertinent," Michael shrugged. "It's Tess' secret to tell."

"And you accepted that?" Max questioned as he turned his gaze back to Tess.

"She may be the fourth, your former wife, and queen. But she's also my sister," Michael replied dryly. "My loyalties are to her."

"And you accept that she's telling you the truth?" Max asked, shaking his head.

"I just knew," Michael stated as he aligned himself closer to Tess. "Like you knew that she was Ava- the memories are there Max, you just have to access them."

"Must we fight?" Tess questioned as she stepped between them. "Please, it's been a long day."

"This isn't over," Max stressed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Understood, El presidente." Kyle groaned as he wrapped his arm around Tess and headed out the chamber door. "We are going home."

"I'm with them," Michael replied quickly, following them out and Max reluctantly followed.

Kyle stumbled on the way down and he paused, leaning against the rough stone surface.

"What's wrong?" Tess inquired as she stopped beside him.

"Can't," Kyle whispered as he closed his eyes. He reluctantly dropped his mental barrier, no longer possessing the strength to keep them up. He sucked in a quick breath as he immediately felt everyone's thoughts. Tess was worried, Michael was frustrated, and Max was almost indifferent- he wanted to be angry with them, but he couldn't help but be fascinated by Tess' presence.

"Kyle?" Max questioned as he reached over to him. "What's wrong?"

"He teleported from the house," Michael prompted. "You called him-"

"That's miles away," Max gasped. "We don't know how that will affect you."

Kyle shrugged, unable to argue either way.

"Help him," Tess urged as she glanced between Kyle and Max. "Zan. Please."

Max tensed slightly at the use of his former name and then sighed. "I don't know if I can."

"Try," Kyle whispered and Max's eyes widened, both knowing that this was a breakthrough through their strained relationship. Kyle had never asked for his help before.

Max nodded and reached out to Kyle. He placed his hand onto Kyle's head and gasped at the immediate connection and obvious damage his power had on him. He healed him quickly and stumbled back. "Don't do that again."

Kyle sighed as he felt his strength slowly returning, his eyes locking onto his. "Thanks." He muttered, standing up and squeezing Tess' hand.

"What did you mean?" Tess questioned with concern. "Max?"

"It was too far," Max stated. "He fried some of his neurons- I can't explain it. Just don't try it again."

Kyle nodded as he wrapped his arms around Tess and headed back down to the awaiting cars.

The silence was heavy as they stood there, everyone waiting for Max's next decree. "I want a meeting tomorrow morning- we need to discuss this."

"Of course," Michael drawled. "To talk."

"Yes," Tess nodded. "I want to meet Isabel, but can we wait to speak with Nasedo?" She questioned as she glanced between Michael and Max. "I don't want to face him just yet, I don't trust him."

"And we are supposed to just trust you?" Max demanded, instantly regretting his question as he noted the sadness wash over her face. "Fine. Tomorrow morning."

Kyle nodded as he squeezed Tess' hand. "In the morning."

TBC
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you Flamehair, Buddha-boy, Fehrbaby, tequathisy, and imnotlc for the awesome feedback! And as most of you pointed out, Nasedo isn't the nicest guy in town. And that's all I'm going to say. You'll have to read about it later!

Here is the next few scenes... Enjoy!

~ 12 ~

Tess snuggled against Kyle as they relaxed in bed. "Do you think Max likes me?" She questioned after a slight pause. "He's kinda hard to read." She whispered against Kyle's neck.

Kyle groaned. "I don't think he knows yet," he replied. "And can we not speak about him?"

"Why?" She began as she shifted up on her elbows to better look at him. "You two seemed to have a strained relationship."

Kyle shrugged not really wanting to talk about Max especially while they were in his bed. "We started off on the wrong foot and it never got better." He explained as she nodded in response. "It all began when he stole my girlfriend and then my father was more interested in him then in me."

"Oh?" She gasped as she leaned her head on his shoulder, running her hand over his chest. "Are you afraid he'll take me away too?"

Kyle sighed, shaking his head. "I- you-"

"Kyle Valenti!" She groaned. "You can't possibly think that-"

"Destiny," he grumbled as he sat up, pulling away. "You have a destiny that doesn't include me."

"A destiny?" She repeated slowly, looking toward Kyle in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Nasedo has a book," Kyle began slowly as he ran his hand down the side of her face. "He claims you have a destiny to fulfill with Max. And no matter how hard I try to deny it, there is still that possibility that it will come true."

"With Max?" Tess whispered, shaking her head. "No, Kyle. My destiny, my life is with you."

Kyle sucked in a quick breath and nodded, willing him to accept her word. That's all he really wanted. "Love you," he whispered as he leaned in and kissed her softly.

"Oh, Kyle," she sighed, returning the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Love you."

He smiled against her lips and pulled her onto his lap, kissing her softly as his fingers slipped up underneath her t-shirt, grazing against her soft skin.

"Kyle!" Maria interrupted, walking into the room, smiling as she noticed the two in a warm embrace. "Opps. Am I interrupting anything?" She teased lightly as they pulled apart.

"What?" Kyle groaned as he glared at Maria.

"Paybacks a bitch, ain't it?" Maria laughed as she held out the phone.

Tess glanced between them, suddenly laughing. "Let me guess," she began. "You interrupted my brother and Maria a few times?"

Kyle shrugged and Maria nodded. "You guessed it." Maria laughed as she glanced down at the phone in her hand. "Oh, Tess, you have a phone call."

"Me?" Tess gasped as she took the phone that Maria offered. "Who would be calling me?"

"Who is it?" Kyle questioned as he tried to reach for the phone and Tess slapped his hand away.

"Hello?" Tess asked as a feminine voice replied and she reached out to Kyle and squeezed his hand.

"Hi, I know it's late-" Isabel began. "But, I had to speak to you."

"Isabel," she whispered softly. "I was hoping to meet you tonight."

"Believe me, I would have if I had known. I don't care that much about the theater." She began. "Max told me that he met you and I just had to talk to you myself to know-"

"I understand," Tess assured her and she looked at Kyle, putting the phone to her chest. "Can she come over?"

"Now?" Kyle sighed, glancing at the clock then turning back to Tess' hopeful gaze. "Um, okay." He smiled as Tess flashed him a smile and leaned over and kissed him. "But only for a little bit."

Tess nodded as she returned to the phone. "Can you come over?" Tess questioned.

"Yes," Isabel agreed without hesitation. "I'll be there soon." She stated and the line went dead.

Tess hung up the phone and jumped out of the bed. "Isabel is coming over- I'm going to meet her. Wow."

Kyle chuckled. "Just keep it down."

"We will," she smiled as she grabbed her bag and dashed into the bathroom.

Maria frowned. "I thought they were meeting at breakfast."

"They are," Kyle shrugged. "But, I guess Izzy wanted to see her too."

"Well, I'm going to bed." She yawned. "Have fun."

"See ya in the morning, sis." Kyle grinned.

"See ya, little bro." Maria she smiled. "Night."

"Night." Kyle echoed as Maria turned and left. He chuckled as he stood up and crossed over to the bathroom. He peaked in and saw Tess refreshing her makeup. "You look great."

"Thanks," Tess smiled as she turned to him, reaching out to him. "I'm going to see Vilondra."

"I think she prefers Isabel," Kyle chuckled as Tess hit him.

"You know what I mean!" She groaned as she glanced down at her clothes and then back at Kyle. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," he shrugged.

"You sure?" Tess questioned as she leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around her. "I need you, now more than ever."

"I'm fine," Kyle reassured her. "I'm good." He added, flashing a small smile. "Perhaps we should go downstairs to meet her."

"Yeah." She smiled, giving him a quick peek on the lips. "Let's go."

~

Kyle opened the door before Isabel had a chance to knock. Isabel frowned as Kyle placed a finger to his lip. "Everyone else is asleep."

"Of course," she replied, nodding as she stepped into the house.

"Tess is waiting for you in the living room," he stated as he closed the door behind them.

Isabel sucked in quick breath. "Lead the way."

"You'll be fine," he smiled. "You'll like her."

Isabel nodded once more, her icy exterior coming to life before his eyes. "I'm sure."

Kyle sighed as he waved her down the hall and into the living room. "Tess," he began. "Isabel. Isabel, Tess."

The two girls studied each other closely for a second. "It's nice to finally meet you," Tess whispered after a short silence.

"When Max told me, I thought he was lying-" she smiled, shaking her head. "I didn't think it would be possible. I didn't think we'd ever find you."

"I'm here." Tess offered as she reached out to touch Isabel.

"Is it really you?" she questioned, taking a step back.

"Yes, Vilondra, it is." She whispered and Isabel stiffened. "You should have listened to me," she began and Kyle wondered what she was talking about.

"I didn't know," Isabel exhaled, her voice wavering with tears and Kyle suddenly felt bad for being present to this exchange.

"There's nothing wrong in loving someone," Tess smiled as she held out her hand, seeking Isabel's.

"I don't trust myself-" Isabel whispered as she tentatively took her hand and Tess smiled. "How can you even look at me?"

"My memories are clearer ever since I opened myself to them," she began as she glanced at Kyle. "I had someone to help me- this lifetime it's different. This time you found someone to love more than Khivar."

"Khivar?" Kyle repeated, never hearing of that name before, but Isabel just nodded in reply.

"I didn't know what love really was," Isabel stated, shaking her head. "I had memories of Rath and of Khivar, and all I knew for sure was how weak I was-"

"You craved love," Tess whispered as she squeezed her hand and reached out to wipe a lone tear from her face. "Rath was too busy with the war, and Khivar was eager for the crown. We didn't know, we didn't see." Tess paused. "But you love him, this Alex."

Isabel smiled. "Alex."

"Yes," Tess nodded. "He'll heal you."

"He already has," she whispered, smiling. "I just didn't want you or my brothers to think of me differently-"

"You remember more," Tess mused. "They don't know."

Isabel shook her head. "I started having dreams-"

Tess sucked in a quick breath. "And that's when you dreamwalked me, you were searching for the truth."

"Yes," Isabel nodded. "I should have known then that you were out there, but I convinced myself it was just a weird dream."

Tess laughed, "me too."

"I'm so glad you are here," Isabel smiled. "We've missed you."

"And I've missed you all, so much." Tess added as they hugged.

"So," Kyle drawled after a slight pause. "Who's-"

"Not, now." Tess stated, cutting off his question. "I'll explain later." She whispered.

"I'd prefer if you didn't," Isabel began as she glanced at Kyle. "Not until I tell Michael and Max- they deserve to know the truth."

Tess nodded, "if that's what you wish."

"Thank you for letting me barge in tonight," Isabel smiled as she glanced between Kyle and Tess.

"Not a problem," Kyle assured her. "It looks like you both needed this time together."

"Yeah," they both replied as they hugged once more.

Tess led Isabel to the door and they said their final goodbyes as Kyle watched on. Isabel waved good bye and Tess returned it before she shut the door and turned to Kyle. "Thank you."

"Sure," Kyle nodded, still confused over what had just transpired. "Can I ask who-"

"No," Tess sighed as she wrapped her arms around him. "This time it's Isabel's call to make. Trust her to tell you all in time."

"I knew the guys were dense, but I had no idea that you two remembered so much," he whispered as he wrapped her arms around her.

"It was another life," she mused as she placed a small kiss to his lips. "Let's go to bed, we have a meeting in the wee hours of the morning."

TBC
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you Flamehair, Fehrbaby, and imnotlc for the awesome feedback!
When you're done with her, I'm gonna borrow her...your muse, I mean. LOL! I can't believe how quickly you've updated.
I think we can share! Lol, but of course the only real reason I'm able to post so quickly is because I've written ahead a few chapters. Hee.

And thus, I present the next part- this one is slightly shorter due to the fact I'm not able to split up the upcoming scenes.

Enjoy!

~13~

Tess smiled at Kyle as they shared a cup of coffee. "You two are up early," Jim remarked as he entered the kitchen and crossed over to the coffee pot.

"We have a meeting at Michael's," Kyle replied with a shrug.

"Anything I should know?" Jim asked, studying the two as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"Oh," Kyle stammered. "I guess we should have said something last night, but, um, Tess is the fourth."

"Tess?" He repeated as he turned his to gaze at her. "So, you are the one Nasedo has been looking for all these years."

"Yeah," Tess whispered offering a small smile.

"Well, Tess it's nice to really meet you," Jim nodded. "At least we don't have to worry about slipping in front of you."

"True," Kyle smiled as he studied his father. "You're not mad that we didn't say anything, are you?"

"Why would I?" Jim chuckled. "It's not usually the first thing you say when you meet someone."

"No, I guess not." Tess giggled. "You are the first adult figure to even know about me, it's a little weird."

"Your parents don't know?" He questioned as Tess lowered her eyes.

"No," she sighed. "I didn't think- I, I just want them to love me, to accept me."

"You don't give them enough credit," Jim replied as he took another sip of coffee.

"Dad, that's not fair." Kyle snapped, shaking his head.

"No, he's right." Tess sighed as she reached out for Kyle's hand. "Your dad is proof that my parents would be fine with the news."

"If anything should happen, the less that know, the better," Kyle insisted. "You even said so yourself."

"Yes," Jim nodded as he glanced over Tess once more. "I'm only thinking of Tess. She must've had a very lonely existence if she couldn't share the most important thing about her life with someone she cares about. Max and the others did have each other."

"Oh," Kyle drawled as he squeezed Tess' hand.

"But, you have us now," He assured her as he placed his hand on theirs. "We will always be here for you."

"Thank you," Tess smiled, her eyes misty with unshed tears of appreciation. "That means so much to me."

"You're welcome," he nodded. "Now if you will excuse me, I believe my wife is eagerly waiting my return with her breakfast."

"Of course," Kyle chuckled as they briefly watched him gather a small tray for Amy.

"Have a good day," he added as he made his way out of the door.

"Bye," Tess and Kyle replied in unison and then shared a small glance.

"We ready to go?" Maria asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"Sure," Kyle shrugged as he took their empty mugs of coffee and crossed to the sink.

"Good," Maria nodded as she grabbed a can of soda from the fridge and took a long sip.

"That's not very healthy," Kyle stated as Maria laughed.

"And that stuff is?" She questioned as she pointed to the mugs in his hands. "Let's go."

Kyle shook his head and dumped the mugs into the sink. "Ready?" he questioned as he reached out for Tess' hand.

"I think so," she smiled as he squeezed his hand. "I've already met most of them."

"Come on, lovebirds," Maria teased as she walked toward the door. "We don't want to keep the king waiting."

"But, the queen always makes a late grand entrance," Tess replied with a wink as she followed Maria out the door.

"So what does that make you Kyle?" Maria chuckled. "The jester?"

"Ha, ha." Kyle replied dryly as they filed outside and into Maria's Jetta.

TBC
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you Fehrbaby, tequathisy, Flamehair , and vegas312 for the fab FB!!

Lol, and it seems that there is a fight for my muse! I can't give her up just yet, but I'm willing to share! :)

A lot happens in this next scene... you'll see why I couldn't break it up. Enjoy!

~14~

Kyle wrapped his arms around Tess' shoulders as they glanced up at the apartment complex. "Whatcha waiting for?" Maria questioned as she walked past them and jogged up the stairs to Michael's apartment, leaving Kyle and Tess behind.

"We should go up," Kyle whispered as he kissed her cheek, holding her close.

"Yeah," she agreed, not moving from her spot.

"This is it," he added and she nodded.

"I'm suddenly so nervous," Tess quipped as she turned to Kyle.

"You shouldn't be, as you stated earlier you've already met most of them," Kyle supplied as ran his cupped her face.

Tess nodded and took a long calming breath. "Okay," She exhaled. "Okay."

"Okay," Kyle smiled and kissed her softly. "Let's go up."

Kyle and Tess slowly made their way up to the apartment to see Michael waiting for them at the door. "Hey," he nodded as he briefly studied them, he reached a hand out to Tess and she eagerly took it. "Don't worry." He whispered as he squeezed her hand.

"We got you," Kyle added and Tess seemed to relax instantly, nodding at them.

"Thank you," Tess smiled.

Michael squeezed her hand once more before he went through the door, pulling her with him. "Guys, this is Tess." He began as she glanced at everyone.

"You've met almost everyone," Kyle stated as he took his place beside her. "Except for-"

"Alex and Liz," she answered as she turned her focus to the taller boy to Isabel's side and then to the pretty brunette sitting next to Max on the couch. "I've seen pictures-"

"But," Alex began. "It's just not the same." He smiled as she crossed over to her and shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"Yes," Tess nodded, smiling at him as they shook hands.

"I can see why Kyle likes you," he winked and Tess blushed.

"Thanks," she smiled and Alex wiggled his eyebrows, causing everyone to laugh before he turned back to Isabel.

Tess turned to Liz and smiled, "Liz."

"Tess," Liz stated as she stood up and crossed over to her. "It's nice to meet you."

Kyle tensed slightly at the tone in her voice and he instantly recalled Maria's words from last night. He sighed, knowing that things may be a little tense at first, but he had confidence that they would get along perfectly in time.

"It's nice to meet you too," Tess smiled as she reached over and they shook hands.

Liz gasped, her eyes fluttering close at the contact and the lights flickered around them.

"Liz," Max urged as he stood up beside her and Tess pulled her hand away, glancing to Kyle in confusion.

"What's happening?" She asked as Liz opened her eyes and their gazes locked.

"You shouldn't have come here," Liz warned and Tess visibly paled, grabbing onto Kyle's arm.

"Wha-?" Tess gasped as voices around them escalated, demanding answers from Liz.

"Liz," Kyle began, his heart beating erratically at the image she must have seen. "What did you see?"

Liz closed her eyes and shook her head, tears spilling from the corners. "I'm sorry." She whispered as she ran out the door.

Kyle shared a brief glance with Michael, knowing that he would take care of his sister as he went after Liz for the information she held in her vision. "Liz!" Kyle cried out as he reached her at the bottom of the stairs. "What did you see?"

"I can't," she sniffed as she shook her head, wiping furiously at her tears.

"Liz, please-" Kyle pleaded, needing answers.

"You should have never brought her here," she stated as she looked up at him.

"Liz?" Max called out as he reached the two and Liz immediately turned into him, clinging to him.

"Oh, Max." She whimpered as he wrapped his arms around her. "Would you take me home?"

"Of course," he nodded, holding her close and placing a small kiss to her brow.

"No," Kyle protested, not able to keep his eyes off Liz. "I need to know what she saw," he began as she shook her head no. "Max, please talk-"

"I think you should go check on Tess," Max stated as he glanced at Kyle. "I'll be back when I can."

Kyle groaned and began to turn away when he realized that he could possibly see the vision as well. He took a deep breath and lowered his mental barrier, gasping as the images Liz projected washed over him. He stumbled, grabbing onto the railing as one of the images surfaced to the top.

Kyle placing one last kiss on Tess' cyanotic lips as she died in his arms.

"Oh, Buddha." He gasped as his eyes snapped open and he turned back to Liz. His gaze locked with hers, and he knew that she realized what he had done.

"Kyle," she sighed with frustration. "You shouldn't have done that."

"Please tell me, we can change it-" Kyle stated, desperately needing to change the possible future.

"I don't know if you can," she whispered, shaking her head. "I don't know if you should."

"No." Kyle growled. "You can't make me give up the one I love without a fight- I can't."

"What are you two talking about?" Max questioned as glanced between the two. "What did you see? Liz?"

Liz trembled, tears stinging her eyes once more. "Tess died."

Max sucked in a quick breath. "How?"

Liz shook her head. "I don't know- but, she was battered and bruised."

"When?" Kyle and Max questioned sharply.

"I don't know!" Liz gasped. "I hate my power Max. I don't get details. I only see images that are to be-"

"I was there- it was at her place," Kyle added as he reviewed the images once more. "But, you said that she shouldn't have come here."

Liz nodded. "Her visit here triggers the event- but, I don't think it's alien related."

"We'll figure something out," Max stated. "Perhaps Nasedo can go with you two- watch over you."

Kyle sighed, "Anything as long as Tess lives."

"Right now, this information stays with the three of us," Max declared and Kyle was about to protest when Liz reached out and touched Kyle's arm. "We need to have a plan before we let the rest of the group know."

"Fine." Kyle growled, not liking the order.

"Don't tell her Kyle, this could break her." Max stated, sighing. "Ava was always a delicate creature."

Kyle eyes widened at the sudden change of his voice and wondered what else he remembered about her. "Fine." Kyle stated once more and turned sharply and ran up the stairs to the apartment.

"What did you find out?" Michael questioned as Kyle entered the room, everyone looking to him for answers.

"Nothing much," Kyle drawled, his frustration viable. "Just that we triggered something coming here- Max wants to talk with Nasedo."

Tess shook her head. "No, not Nasedo."

"Why not?" Kyle asked as he sat down beside her, wrapping an arm around her. He couldn't help but notice her glossy pink lips- she was so full of life.

Tess shrugged. "I don't know-"

"He's been our protector for years," Isabel added. "And he's been searching for you for longer than that- in fact I think he left not too long ago on another search."

A strained silenced filled the room as everyone turned to their own thoughts.

"Wow," Maria sighed, breaking the building silence. "This so isn't what I pictured for our breakfast meeting. Why don't we just put this aside for a bit and eat."

"I could eat," Alex stated as he glanced at Kyle.

"Me too," Kyle added as his stomach growled, causing the others to laugh, breaking the tense mood.

"What are we having?" Tess asked as she settled more into Kyle's embrace.

"Spaceboy is going to make us some pancakes." Maria smiled as Michael glared in response.

"I'm what?" He questioned dryly as Maria nodded in reply.

"I thought you'd want to make your special pancakes for your sister." Maria smiled, winking at Tess.

"Sister?" Alex piped up. "They're related?"

"Twins to be exact," Tess smiled as she glanced at Michael.

"No, shit?" Alex chuckled. "Well Guerin, I guess you get that family of yours after all."

"Yeah," Michael smirked. "Pancakes it is."

TBC
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

First off:
imnotlc- Thanks! And I wonder what it is too! More answers soon.
Flamehair- Thanks! And answers soon... can't spoil the surprise!
alizaleven- Thanks! And I don't know how you missed them, but I'm glad you caught up.
Fehrbaby- Thanks! *hugs* And answers soon... dunh-duh-duh!
vegas312- Thanks! And yes, Kyle is still insecure about the destiny thing.... you have to remember his mom left, Liz left- all the women he has loved in his life so far have left him. I don't blame him a bit, but he'll see the light.

I'm currently up to Chapter 22, so the more I'm able to write, the more I'm able to post! Oh, and most of the fic has been told from Kyle’s perspective…. And this part you'll read both Kyle and Tess, since I'm splitting them apart…. Don't worry it's all good. Enjoy!

~ 15 ~

The group settled and had a fairly carefree breakfast, no one daring to bring up the earlier events. After they finished up, Alex and Isabel left, leaving the two couples alone.

"They are very cute together," Tess remarked. "But, I would have never considered them an item."

"You are not the only one," Maria chuckled. "I think all of Roswell was mystified- but, I think Alex was the first to love the real Isabel, ya know?"

"Yeah," Tess smiled as she glanced at Kyle. "So, what's next?"

"We are going shopping," Maria announced and the guys groaned in response. "Don't worry, it's just us girls."

"Damn," Michael drawled. "And I was so looking forward to trying on some new shoes-"

"And trying on a new outfit," Kyle added dryly as the girls giggled at the very idea.

"And what will you two be doing?" Tess asked as she turned her attention to Kyle.

"I'm sure there's a game on," Kyle shrugged as he wrapped his arms around Tess and kissed her. "I'm sure we'll be fine."

"I'm sure." Maria nodded as she leaned up and kissed Michael and then tugged on Tess' arm. "Let's get out of here."

"Have a good time," Kyle smiled as he pulled away from Tess. "Bye."

"Bye," Tess giggled as she reached for her purse and followed Maria out the door.

As soon as the door closed, Michael turned to Kyle. "What did Liz see?"

Kyle sighed and rubbed his forehead, trying to think of what to say.

"That good, huh?" Michael sighed. "Kyle, I need to know- I'm her brother, I need to be able to protect her."

"Tess died." Kyle whispered, knowing that Max will be furious that he told him.

"What? How?" Michael gasped, his eyes widening.

"I don't know," Kyle groaned. "Liz didn't see that- I have no idea how to protect her."

"She has powers of her own," he protested. "Why wouldn't she be able to-"

"I don't know," Kyle argued. "But, she was dead in my arms- and we were in her apartment. Max thinks sending Nasedo to watch over us will prevent it."

"What are you going to tell Tess?" Michael asked, concerned over his sister's fate.

"I don't know," he sighed. "How can I tell her? We'll have to take one day at a time."

"If it's real," Michael grumbled. "Liz has had some false alarms. Maybe it's her subconscious overreacting about this stupid destiny stuff."

"What do you mean?" Kyle questioned sharply. "Why would she make up something this drastic?"

Michael shrugged. "She's been worried sick that Max will love her more. She's been dreading finding the fourth- apparently she has had some other visions."

"What other visions?" Kyle gasped. "Michael?"

"She came to me once, asking about destiny and why I chose Maria-"

"Ah," Kyle nodded. "She didn't understand that when you kissed Isabel, it was like kissing your sister."

"Yeah," Michael drawled, raising his brow. "How did you know?"

"My powers started manifesting when you two attempted to follow destiny, so I got random thoughts from everyone at that time, including you and Isabel." He explained with a shrug of his shoulders. "What did she see?"

"Guess she has always had flashes of some blonde chick, assumedly Tess, kissing Max and having sex with him," Michael began, shaking his head. "And at the observatory of all places."

"I don't even want to consider that," Kyle groaned. "I admit I am worried- but, I won't give her up."

"Would she?" Michael wondered and Kyle shuddered at the thought.

"I believe that she wouldn't-" he whispered, hoping that his heart was right.

~

Maria glanced over at Tess and frowned. "What's wrong?"

"I can't help but think of Liz's statement." Tess sighed. "I want to know what she saw."

"When Liz is stressed she tends to have more visions, if they happen is the real question." Maria explained as she parked the car and turned to Tess. "She's just worried about the destiny stuff."

Tess sighed heavily. "Everyone just assumes I'll jump all over Max-" she grumbled. "I'm with Kyle and I love him. I don't want Max."

"Good," Maria smiled. "I might have to kick your ass if you left him."

Tess laughed, "I hope you do. I can't imagine my life without him."

"Me either," Maria chuckled. "He's like a puppy."

Tess gasped, laughing at the thought. "Oh, you are evil." Tess grinned. "I'm glad you are on our side."

"Naturally," Maria nodded. "Now let's go put a dent on our credit cards."

"Let's," Tess giggled.

~

"I'm not just going to sit here and wait for something to happen," Michael began as he started to pace. "We have to go to Nasedo."

"I don't expect you to do nothing," Kyle sighed as he collapsed on the couch. "We just found her and I'll be damned if I'll let her go. But, I'm not sure how Tess will react to having Nasedo hovering over us-"

"She doesn't have a choice." Michael growled. "If I could, I would- damn it. Why couldn't you go to the same school as us?"

"Then I would have never met Tess," Kyle whispered and Michael sighed. "There has to be-" Kyle's voice trailed off as they heard a knock at the door.

"It's open." Michael called out and Max walked in.

"Where is everyone?" Max asked as he glanced around the room before he took a seat, avoiding the stares from Kyle and Michael.

"Alex and Isabel had plans and will meet up with us later for the dinner party and Maria and Tess went shopping," Kyle explained dryly. "How is Liz?"

"Liz is shaken up," Max replied as he rubbed his chin.

"And what do you plan to do about this Max?" Michael demanded as he stopped pacing and turned to him.

"Do with what?" Max questioned as he shot at glare at Kyle. "You told him?"

"Yes," Kyle replied, not trying to deny the fact.

"And why wouldn't he?" Michael growled. "She's my sister- don't you think I deserve to know?"

"I wanted to wait," Max sighed.

"We may not have time to wait," Kyle groaned. "Let's contact Nasedo-"

"I don't know where he is," Max replied, shaking his head. "I tried contacting him, but he wasn't answering his phone."

"What a great protector he is," Kyle grumbled. "We have to do something-"

"We won't let anything happen to her," Max stated with certainty. "I won't fail her again."

"Again?" Both Michael and Kyle questioned, sharing a glance.

"She died in our previous life because I failed her-" he clarified as he glanced down. "Liz wants to try to see if she has another flash- to see if she can see anything else."

"And if she doesn't have one?" Kyle questioned. "Does that mean it won't happen? That it was a false alarm?"

"We may have already changed the outcome by discussing this," Max pointed out. "Nasedo will follow you guys home- he will watch over you two."

"But, we don't even know where he is!" Michael growled. "We can't just sit here and do nothing."

"We might not have any other choice," Max sighed.

Kyle turned away, feeling like his heart would split in two. He knew that he had to do something, he had to make sure that the love of his life would be safe. "I'll stay with her- I'm practically spending every night at her place as it is."

"That might work," Michael nodded. "If it happened in her apartment, the more time you can spend there, the better."

"If it is something alien," Max began as he turned to Kyle, inserting his authority. "Do not engage it- jump to safety. Then come home as soon as you can."

"Okay," Kyle agreed, feeling a little better with a plan.

"Tonight as I understand, we are meeting up for dinner?" Max asked as Kyle shrugged, not knowing the plan.

"Uh, yeah." Michael nodded. "Maria planned a dinner party at the Crashdown- you know, where it all began?"

"Perfect," Max smiled. "Liz will be more open for a flash in her home surroundings."

Kyle sighed, "I'm not sure what I want more, for her not to have a flash or for her to see the attacker."

"Guess we'll see." Michael whispered. "We wait."

TBC
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thanks Flamehair, katydid, and imnotlc for the great feedback.

Enjoy!

~ 16 ~

"Oh, we are going to be so late!" Maria cried as she glanced down at her watch and turned to Tess. "We need to hurry."

Tess smiled as she looked at her own watch. "I can't believe we spent all day shopping," she gasped. "I've never had a day of shopping like this."

Maria frowned. "Not even with your mom?"

"No," Tess sighed. "She's a doctor and she never had the time to indulge in such frivolous things as she referred to it as. She preferred I go to the clinic with her for quality time."

"What about with just your friends?" Maria questioned as she juggled the bags in her hand.

Tess shook her head. "I didn't have many girlfriends- or friends in general. They labeled me the Ice Queen at school- I was just too scared to really get close to anyone."

Maria gasped and she immediately hugged Tess. "Not anymore," She stated, holding her tight. "But, they did get the queen part right." She winked and then glanced once more at her watch. "Race you to the car."

Tess giggled as they made a mad dash to the car. They threw their additional bags into the car and got in. Tess couldn't help but smile as Maria rambled on about nothing in particular she drove down the street.

"Thank you," Tess whispered as Maria pulled up to the Crashdown and parked. "I haven't had so much fun in ages."

"Not even with Kyle?" Maria teased, causing Tess to blush as she playfully slapped at Maria's hand.

"I thought that was too much info?" Tess giggled, causing Maria to blush. "But, that's totally different. I had a great time."

"Good." Maria nodded. "That was the point- and I suspect everyone is waiting for us." Maria winked.

"Good," Tess smiled as she opened her car door. "I'd hope so."

Maria laughed as they made their way into the Crashdown. Everyone was there and Kyle quickly crossed over to the two.

"Did you have a good time?" Kyle asked as he wrapped his arms around Tess, pulling her into his embrace.

"The best," Tess smiled as she leaned in and kissed him, missing him more than she even realized.

"Good." Kyle chuckled. "I hope you didn't buy out the mall."

"Oh, we left a few things," Tess grinned as she winked over at Maria.

"Only a few," Maria laughed as she turned to the others. "As you know we are here to have fun and celebrate that Kyle actually got laid."

"Maria!" Kyle growled as the gang laughed, including his own girlfriend. "Tess?"

"What?" She giggled. "It was funny."

Kyle groaned as Tess placed a quick kiss to his cheek. "I don't think you should hang out with Maria anymore."

"Oh, poor baby," Tess whispered as she kissed him once more before turning back to the others and took her seat at the table.

Kyle sat down next to Tess as everyone began talking at once. He took a moment to just enjoy this- everyone together and enjoying the night.

The food was served and it was like this morning never happened. Kyle kept glancing at Tess, loving how she practically glowed with happiness. She was beautiful and so full of life.

Tess caught his gaze and smiled at him, she couldn't be happier. "This is perfect," she commented. "I'm so glad we came this weekend."

"Me too," Kyle nodded as he reached over and squeezed her hand. "And I think everyone here does too."

A chorus of voices replied in agreement as Michael and Tess shared a glance. "So, when do you think you guys will come back out?"

"Good question," Kyle sighed. "I don't think I have a free weekend until after football season is over."

"Then you'll have to come visit us," Tess nodded. "We'll raid my parents place. It's huge and there's even a pool."

"Oh, sounds like a plan," Maria laughed as she turned to Michael. "We haven't been on a road trip in ages."

"And here I didn't think you liked them," Michael chuckled.

"Well, not when you kidnap me!" Maria protested and the rest laughed.

"Kidnapped?" Tess repeated, confused.

"It's a long story," Kyle chuckled. "I'll tell you later."

"You better," she smiled as she glanced over at everyone. "I have a feeling I missed a lot of stories."

"We'll let you read Liz's journal." Maria winked as Liz flushed.

"Not sure it's all exciting," Liz assured them. "But, I'd be more than happy to sit down and tell you all I know."

"That may take longer than we have," Kyle pointed out as the waitress came out with their desserts. "Oh, sundaes. Yum."

"Such a typical male response," Tess drawled, shaking her head.

"But, these are the best sundaes in all of Roswell," Alex pointed out.

"Have you meet Alex?" Liz teased. "He's the best walking endorsement for this place."

"What can I say? I love this place." Alex smiled as everyone turned their focus to their desserts.

An hour passed as everyone took a turn to tell Tess an embarrassing story about someone sitting at the table.

Tess grinned, "you guys are great. Thank you for an unforgettable evening." Everyone started talking at once, echoing her sentiment.

"Liz," the waitress interrupted. "Your dad said to lock up."

Liz frowned glancing around the diner, laughing as she realized they were the last table and it was well past closing time. "Sure, no problem. Thanks Tasha."

"No problem," she smiled and the rest of the group returned to their conversations.

"Well, I guess we should call it a night," Alex commented after another half hour. "Are we still on for the game tomorrow?"

"What game?" Tess asked, turning to Kyle.

"Basketball," Kyle grinned. "A little friendly game."

"Max and Michael against me and Kyle," Alex added as he stood up. "And we're on a winning streak."

"I still say you two are cheating," Max commented, shaking his head.

"You are just a sore loser," Kyle chuckled. "And I believe it's in the plans?" he began as he glanced over at Maria.

"Yes," Maria smiled. "Picnic lunch, boys playing ball while the girls relax in the sun."

"Good plan." Tess nodded. "And when do we leave?"

"After lunch," Kyle shrugged.

"And a shower I hope," Tess teased lightly, causing everyone to laugh.

"Are you planning on joining me?" Kyle shot back, making Tess blush as he leaned in and kissed her.

"And that's our sign to leave," Isabel chuckled as she stood up and circled her arms around Alex. "Good night, everyone."

"Good night!" Voices called out as more salutations were offered as everyone prepared to leave.

"Tess," Liz called out as she crossed over to her. "I want to apologize for this morning."

"It's all but forgotten," Tess smiled in reply. "There's nothing to apologize for." Tess added as she paused, thinking back on the morning. "Was it that bad?"

"After speaking with Max," she began, glancing toward him. "I think it was an image from your past life."

"Oh," Tess nodded. "Well, let's try it again." Tess offered as she reached her hand out to Liz. "Hi, I'm Tess. It's good to meet you."

Liz nodded, taking her hand. "I'm Liz, and it's great to meet you." She smiled as they shook hands.

"Nothing this time?" Tess couldn't help but ask as they pulled away.

"Nothing," Liz nodded, smiling with ease.

"Nothing?" Kyle repeated as he cut into the conversation, wrapping his arm around Tess.

"Nothing," Liz smiled. "That's good Kyle."

"Good," Kyle sighed, relaxing for the first time since he witnessed the image earlier that morning.

"What's good?" Tess questioned as she glanced between Kyle and Liz. "What's going on?"

"Nothing," Kyle stated quickly, kissing her softly.

"Kyle-" Tess drawled shaking her head as she pulled away. "You're not going to get off that easy."

Kyle smiled. "It's good, I'll explain later."

"Promise?" She smiled as he leaned in to kiss her once more.

"Promise." He nodded, placing a chase kiss to her lips.

"You guys, ready?" Maria questioned as she crossed over to them and glanced at Max and Liz. "See you guys tomorrow." She nodded as she turned her attention back to Kyle and Tess.

"Yeah," Kyle nodded as he wrapped his arm around Tess' waist. "Ready?"

"Yes," she smiled as she waved good bye to Max and Liz. "See you tomorrow."

TBC
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you, imnotlc, Fehrbaby, and Flamehair for the FB!! And there's no fooling you guys, what Liz said wasn't exactly true.

~ 17 ~

Kyle held Tess as she drifted off to sleep. He couldn't help but watch her sleep, needing the verification that she was still with him, alive and well. He kissed the nape of her neck as she sighed contently and blinked up at him.

"Kyle," she groaned as she shifted her weight and turned into his body, cuddling closer.

"Sorry," he murmured, not meaning to wake her up.

"You're thinking too much, go to sleep," she sighed as her eyes fluttered close once more.

He sighed, closing his eyes as he attempted to fall asleep. The image he witnessed earlier flashed before his eyes and his eyes snapped open. He sucked in a quick breath, he didn't know if he'd be able to sleep anytime soon. Not until he knew for sure that she was safe.

He smiled as her breathing evened out once more in a deeper sleep and he grinned as he noticed the soft tiny snore as she exhaled. "Love you," he whispered as he ran his fingers through her hair, kissing her brow. "I'll keep you safe."

~

Morning came far too soon and Kyle felt as if he didn't sleep at all. "You don't look so hot." Tess commented as she pressed her hand to his brow. "You okay?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "Just a little drained, I'm fine."

"I feel great," she smiled as she leaned in and kissed him. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Just tired," Kyle sighed as he rubbed his eyes. "I didn't get much sleep."

"I gathered," Tess whispered. "Care to tell me why? Does it have to do with the flashes everyone seems adamant about not sharing with me?" Tess questioned, challenging him.

Kyle nodded, not sure how she would handle the truth. "You were dead Tess," he replied softly after a slight pause, his heart aching as her eyes flashed with sorrow.

"Oh," she gasped as she took a moment to think over the new information. "But, Liz said that it was from my past- that she was mistaken."

Kyle pressed his lips together, not sure if he should go along with that story or not. "I saw the flashes Tess- I know I shouldn't have invaded Liz's privacy like that, But I had to know."

"Kyle," Tess sighed as she shook her head. "I'm not sure if I should be mad at your or not- you had no right to do that to Liz. And you would have been better off if you hadn't."

"I know," Kyle grumbled.

"You promised me," Tess continued. "You said you could control it- that you wouldn't invade my privacy."

"Tess-"

"Don't tell me that this was different," Tess huffed, pulling away. "You can't do that, it's inhumane."

"And you're just so human." He grumbled as Tess glared at him.

"I can't believe you said that!" Tess gasped. "I- you- ugh!" She cried as she turned sharply and left the room.

"Tess!" Kyle called out to her and attempted to run after her, but was stopped in his tracks my Maria. "I don't have time for this, Maria."

"Trouble in paradise?" She drawled as Kyle growled and attempted to push by her. "I'd give her some time if I were you."

Kyle froze in his spot and turned to her. "What do you know? Were you listening?"

"Kind of hard not to," she shrugged. "You're voices were raised and we have very thin walls."

"Just stay out-"

"She's right." Maria offered. "You shouldn't snoop. If I was her I'd fry you with my alien eyes."

Kyle blinked, suddenly uncertain of Tess' abilities. "She can't do that," he stammered, shaking his head.

"Either way, let me talk to her first." She stated as she moved past us. "Just chill, go mediate or something."

Kyle sighed, running his hand over his neck. "Fine."

Kyle reluctantly watched as Maria left him and made her way down the stairs. He turned back and returned to his room, to brood over what had just happen and he couldn't help but wonder what Tess and Maria were discussing at this moment.

"Your brother's an ass." Tess grumbled as Maria found her pacing in the living room.

"I tried to warn you," Maria commented as she sat down on the couch. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No," she snapped as she stopped and turned to face her. "Yes, no- God, I don't even know why I'm so mad."

"What happened?" Maria questioned as Tess sighed and sat down beside her.

"You know the flash that Liz had?" She began as Maria nodded. "Well, Kyle peeked at it using his powers."

"Oh," Maria drawled.

"Yeah, and without Liz's consent." Tess continued. "He promised me when we got together that he wouldn't invade my privacy-"

"He technically didn't," Maria pointed out and Tess sighed.

"I know," Tess whispered, shaking her head.

"And he was trying to protect you-" She added after a slight pause. "And he shouldn't have peeked into Liz's mind or anyone else's without permission. But, he loves you Tess- I think, if I had the power, I would have peeked too."

"You would?" Tess questioned, gazing at her friend intently. "Why?"

"It's what you do for your loved ones. You do what you have to, damn the consequences." Maria smiled.

Tess smiled as she realized that Kyle did do it for love, for her. "Yeah," Tess agreed. "But, what about the 'just so human' comment?"

"Well, he gets to burn in hell for that." Maria nodded and Tess couldn't help but laugh.

"Nah," Tess smiled. "I'd think I'd miss him too much- like he's so human himself?"

"True," Maria chuckled.

"What am I going to do with him?" Tess sighed, glancing back toward the hall way.

"Make him grovel."

Tess grinned. "I like how you think."

~

Kyle stared at his bedroom ceiling, the seconds morphing into what felt like hours. "So," Tess began and he shot up out of the bed, his heart skipping a beat.

"So," he repeated as she crossed over to him. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" She questioned as she studied him closely.

"For the not so human remark and the peeking thing," he grumbled as she slowly smiled at him. "I was just worried about you."

"I understand." Tess whispered. "But, please know that your powers aren't just to play with- they could have dangerous consequences."

"I know," Kyle sighed as he reached out and pulled her close, kissing her softly. "Forgive me?"

"I don't know," She giggled as she nipped at his lips. "I think you should grovel."

"Ugh." Kyle groaned. "You really need to stop hanging around Maria."

Tess laughed, wrapping her arms around him. "I'll think about it."

"Don't think too long," Kyle smiled and kissed her once more. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

TBC
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you, Timelord31, alizaleven, Flamehair, imnotlc, and Fehrbaby for the great FB!

This part may be sensitive to some; the girls talk about sex, aliens, and contraceptives. Yes, contraceptives. I actually wrote the girl's scene awhile ago... it's something I always thought should have been mentioned at some point, but um yeah. *g*

So, enjoy!

~ 18 ~

Kyle and Tess took a walk after breakfast, enjoying their brief time alone. Kyle gave her a brief tour and they ended up at the park for the scheduled picnic lunch.

Maria waved at them as they crossed over to her. "Hey, guys. Have a nice walk?"

"Yes," Tess smiled as she squeezed Kyle's hand. "It was nice."

"Yeah, it was good." Kyle remarked as he sat down at the table.

"Need any help?" Tess asked, sitting down next to Kyle.

"No," Maria commented as she glanced over the table and looked up at her. "I'm about done and Liz is bringing the drinks."

"Are we eating first?" Kyle asked as he grabbed for a chip and Maria slapped his hand away.

"In a minute," Maria replied as she placed one more serving plate on the table. "Okay."

"Great," Kyle grinned. "I'm starving."

"When are you not?" Tess teased lightly as she handed him a plate. "Serve yourself."

"Oh, we're eating?" Alex questioned as he eagerly reached for a plate.

Tess laughed as she turned to Isabel. "Are all human boys like this?"

"Seems like," she replied as she pointed at Michael and Max jumping up to serve themselves. "But, I think it's just boys in general."

They laughed as Liz honked from her car. "Hey, guys." Maria began as she turned to them. "Go help Liz with the cooler of drinks."

"Or not," Tess chuckled as they seemed more interested in their food and didn't even look up. "I'll go help." She smiled as she got up and crossed over to Liz. "Hey, need some help?"

"Yes," she nodded. "If you just grab the other side, we should be okay."

"Sure," Tess nodded as she grabbed the handle and they slowly made their way back to the picnic table.

"Thanks Liz," Maria smiled as she rushed to help them.

"Everything looks great," Tess commented with a smile.

"Tastes good too," Kyle added and Tess laughed in response.

"Did you guys leave any for us?" She questioned and the guys paused, glancing at their plates before they nodded in reply.

"Men." Maria grunted as Isabel laughed.

"Don't you mean boys?" Isabel winked, causing everyone to laugh.

The girls sat down to talk for a moment longer before they ate, watching the guys as they started their game.

"They're pretty good," Tess remarked as her eyes focused on Kyle.

"Yeah." Maria nodded. "They should be, they've been playing for years."

"True," she smiled. "So are we going to stretch out?"

"You bet," Maria grinned as she pointed to four lounge chairs. "I even brought some chairs."

Tess and Maria stretched out in the sun, relaxing as Liz and Isabel left to use the restroom. "So," Maria began after a slight pause. "I know I've teased Kyle all weekend, but you and Kyle are, um, sexually active, right?"

Tess blushed as she licked her lips, "yeah."

"What do you use?" Maria asked as she turned her attention away from the boys and focused on Tess. "I mean, we are so careful- you know alien sperm and all."

"Alien sperm," Tess coughed, her eyes widening. "I'm on the pill."

"The pill," Maria drawled out. "You think that works? I mean do you have proof that it does? Izzy was afraid to try it- especially since alcohol seems to whack your bodies' out-"

"Alcohol?" Tess gasped, slightly confused as she sat up.

"Yeah," Maria nodded. "So, she has to relay on the rhythm method and condoms- Liz uses the same combo I use. The pill, condoms, spermicide, and the rhythm method. Not that we know that we can get pregnant, cross-species and all. But a baby now, isn't the wisest move we can make."

"Um," Tess murmured as she started at Maria, her words sinking in. "Oh, god."

"Tess, are you okay?" Maria questioned as she noted Tess' pale stricken face.

"I never thought about it that way, I just assumed the pill would work-" Tess mumbled as she touched her abdomen. "Oh, no."

"Oh, no?" Isabel echoed as she sat down beside Tess.

"Tess just realized that the Pill may not work with her alien chemistry." Maria explained as Isabel's eyes widened.

"Ew, Tess. You've been having unprotected sex with Kyle?" Isabel drawled. "What were you thinking?"

"That he was hot?" Tess groaned as she gazed out at the guys playing basketball. "And he makes me feel so alive."

"That will get you a bouncing baby-" Isabel began shaking her head.

"Alien," Maria chimed in as Tess groaned in response.

"Kyle's my first lover," she whispered. "I didn't think- oh, crap. I've been on the pill for years. I just assumed it worked."

"Why the pill?" Isabel questioned. "I mean, our cycle is very different than human girls-"

"That's why," Tess sighed. "My mom is a doctor- she noticed that my period was every other month and immediately put me on the pill, she didn't bother with any other tests. It seemed to work-"

"Every other month," Maria repeated, her eyes narrowing as she glanced over at Isabel. "Every other month?"

"Yeah," Isabel nodded, smiling sheepishly. "Didn't I mention that?"

"No," Maria groaned. "Man, you lucky bitch."

"Not really," Isabel sighed. "It makes the lovely rhythm method just a tad harder to figure out."

"Can we get pregnant?" Tess questioned. "I mean, we are essentially hybrids- aren't they sterile?"

"Sterile?" Liz questioned as she sat down beside Maria, joining in the conversation. "What are you girls talking about?"

"Just a sexual ed course, featuring us," Isabel replied, shaking her head. "Apparently Tess is on the pill and hasn't used the other precautions."

"Oh, Tess." She sighed shaking her head.

"Geez guys, way to make a girl feel welcomed." Tess groaned, dropping her head in her hands.

"I'm sure everything is fine," Liz smiled. "You'll just have to use the rhythm method like the rest of us."

"But, what if that doesn't work?" Tess sighed as she glanced over at Kyle. "Now I don't know what to do-"

~

Kyle glanced over at the group of girls, smiling as he caught Tess' gaze. His smile faltered as he noticed the sadness in her eyes. He stopped the game and jogged over to her. "Tess?" He called out to her and he immediately noticed the forced smile on her face.

"Kyle," she stated as she stood up from her spot and momentarily glanced at the other girls before crossing over to him.

"What's wrong?" He questioned as he escorted her away from the others.

"Nothing," she whispered, shaking her head.

"No," Kyle insisted as he leaned in and kissed her brow, wrapping his arms around her. "Something's wrong."

Tess shook her head, tears springing to her eyes. "I feel so stupid."

"What?" Kyle drawled, instantly confused. "You are one of the smartest women I know."

"Ha." Tess snorted, looking back at the girls watching them. "I'm an idiot."

"Tess, what are you talking about?" Kyle sighed as he followed her gaze. "What did they say?"

"It started out as a harmless talk about our sex life." Tess whispered and Kyle frowned, not seeing how their sex life had anything to with anything.

"We have a very good sex life," Kyle chuckled, kissing her brow once more.

"That's the problem!" Tess gasped. "We apparently aren't being safe- I'm on the pill, Kyle."

"Yeah," Kyle shrugged, remembering their first night together.

"Think about that for a second." She insisted as she stared up at him, a fiery blaze in her eyes that made her look even hotter.

"Tess," he drawled as he tightened his arms around her and kissed her, deepening it with a flick of his tongue.

"No, Kyle." Tess panted as she pulled away, her lips slightly swollen from their kiss. "We can't."

"What are you talking about," Kyle sighed, feeling a bit more frustrated.

"I, um, we-" Tess groaned. "You see, they- and we-"

"Tess?" Kyle questioned, not following her train of thought.

"I don't know-" she continued, flushing as she tried to find the words to explain it. "Oh, just read my mind." She suddenly gasped.

Kyle eyes narrowed as he studied her, shocked by her words. "What?" He questioned. "I thought you didn't want me to- privacy and all."

"Read my mind, then you'll understand." Tess insisted and he sighed, dropping his barriers and letting her thoughts wash over him.

"Tess." Kyle sighed, leaning in and kissing her, finally understanding why she was so upset. "It'll be fine- we'll be fine."

"We will?" She whispered as she sniffed back tears. "I've made a mess- we have-"

"It'll be okay," He smiled, kissing her as he wrapped his arms around her. "I promise."

Tess nodded as Max called out for Kyle to return to the game or forfeit. Tess smiled, pushing Kyle away. "Go play," she insisted. "We'll be okay."

Kyle smiled and kissed her once more before he dashed off to the game and she walked back to the girls.

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

imnotlc- Thanks! And no worries, no one is prego. :)
Timelord31- Thank you!
Flamehair- I'm glad you liked it! And I'm not sure if, "Every other month", is considered an English phrase that is used often or not- but, it's definitely a nursing phrase I use all the time! And I'm glad you were able to figure it out.
alizaleven- Thanks! I thought it fit the girls perfectly too, but I'm biased. ;)
killjoy- Thanks! Oh, I'm sorry you didn't get an alert! Not that I have any control over that... but, unless I leave a note otherwise, I try to post every to every other day- just depend on how busy I get at work and how much writing I get done.
Fehrbaby- *hugs* And the pill does play a pretty big factor into the story, but not the way you think it will. ;)

And here's the part I'm sure everyone's been waiting for.... cue in Nasedo.

~19~

After exchanging e-mails, phone numbers, and goodbyes, Kyle and Tess were ready to make their drive back to Arizona. Tess followed Kyle out to the car, pausing momentarily at the trunk of the car to put their bags away.

Tess stiffened as she had the uneasy feeling that someone was watching her. She glanced over her shoulder and froze momentarily as she noticed a man staring at them. She gasped, instantly grabbing onto Kyle's arm.

"Kyle," she hissed as she tugged on his shirt.

"Tess?" He questioned as he turned to her and she stepped closer to him, he instinctively wrapped his arm around her in a protective manner, instantly alarmed.

"There's someone watching us," Tess whispered as he glanced around them and tensed as his gaze locked with the shifter known as Nasedo.

"It's only Nasedo," he explained as her eyes widened and she turned to look at him once more.

"That's Nasedo?" She gasped as she stiffened in his arms.

"Yeah," he whispered as he noticed the man approaching them. "Nasedo," he stated louder as he neared.

Nasedo nodded, circling them once before he stopped and addressed them. "This is the fourth?" he drawled, studying them closely. "Ava." He stated in a clipped voice.

Kyle and Tess tensed at the sound of his cold, cruel voice and glanced briefly at each other before Tess managed to reply with a simple, "Yes."

"Pathetic." He snapped and Tess trembled slightly in Kyle arms. "You're not what I expected."

"You don't even know me," Tess stated as she squeezed Kyle's hands.

"And you're with him?" He drawled as he turned his disapproving gaze to Kyle.

"Do you want something?" Kyle snapped, losing his patience with the alien.

"And here I thought you wanted my help," he stated, his face remaining expressionless as he spoke to them.

"Help?" Tess questioned as she turned her gaze to Kyle. "What is he talking about?"

"Ah, did lover boy not tell you?" Nasedo snarled, chuckling. "They wanted my help in regards to Liz's flashes."

"We don't need your help, Liz didn't have another flash," Kyle replied tersely, wanting more than anything to push him away from them. "We have to go

"So soon?" he questioned. "And I just got here."

"We have to go," Tess reiterated, forcing a smile to her face. "It was nice meeting you."

"False acclamations are unseemly, Ava." Nasedo grated.

"That's it," Kyle jumped in. "You have no right to speak to her-"

"I have every right." He growled. "The Royal Four are in my charge and they are nowhere near-"

"Like you're such a great protector," Kyle growled. "You lost all of them for years-"

"Stop," Tess cried out as she turned completely to Kyle. "Let's just leave."

Kyle nodded, scrambling for the keys to open the door as Nasedo laughed.

"What?" Tess couldn't help but ask as she stared at him.

"It appears that maybe Ava isn't entirely incompetent after all." He commented as he turned abruptly and walked away from them.

"I don't want to see him ever again," Tess whispered as she rested her head against Kyle's chest, tears in her eyes. "He's horrible."

"Yeah," Kyle agreed. "He's never been much of a people person- he's just so alien."

"I don't like him." She began as she wiped her tears away. "I knew it."

"How did you know?" Kyle questioned as he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close, kissing the nape of her neck.

"I don't know," Tess sighed into his arms and turned her face to his, their lips brushing ever so slightly.

"Let's go home," He offered as he kissed her once more.

"Please," Tess whispered as she glanced over to Nasedo's retreating form.

Kyle nodded, reluctantly pulling away from her. He escorted her to the passenger side door and let her in. He circled around the car to the driver's side, pausing only a moment as he noticed Nasedo watching him. He knew that Nasedo would be following them and he couldn't help but wonder if it was a good idea after all.

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you alizaleven, Flamehair, Timelord31, Fehrbaby, imnotlc, killjoy, and katydid for the awesome FB!! You guys rock!

Good news- I'm posting a rather steamy update! :wink:
Bad news is that I'll be at a convention this weekend for work, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to post next, in fact I should be packing right now since my plane leaves way too early in the am!

Enjoy!

~ 20 ~

Kyle sighed with relief as he pulled the car into the parking lot. He glanced over at Tess who had fallen asleep about an hour earlier. "Tess," he called out as he reached out to her and gently rubbed her shoulder.

"Hmm," she sighed as she rolled her head and blinked up at him.

"Welcome home," he smiled as her eyes widened and she glanced out the passenger side window.

"Thank god," she gasped. "Why did the drive seem so much shorter on the way there?" She commented as she began to remove her seatbelt.

Kyle laughed. "Because going home is just so much more inviting then going to classes," He offered as she nodded in agreement, smiling.

"So true." Tess giggled. "I'd rather go shopping with your sister and hang out with my brother more then I want to go to classes tomorrow morning," she stated as she opened the door and got out, stretching her arms out.

Kyle got out and stretched as well, quickly rounding to the trunk to unload all their bags. "And did you have to buy so much?" Kyle grumbled as he pulled out the bags.

"I only bought the essentials," she purred as she grabbed a few of the shopping bags. "Maybe I'll model something for you later," she offered as she swung a Victoria Secret bag in front of his noise.

"Oh," He grinned. "I wouldn't complain."

"I didn't think you would," Tess winked as Kyle gathered the rest of the bags and they made their way up to her apartment.

Tess glanced around the landing, before opening the door with a wave of her hand and they went in.

"Where do you want these?" Kyle questioned as he held up the bags and closed the door with a kick of his foot.

Tess shrugged, "just drop them, I'll get them-" her voice trailed off as Kyle did as she said and lunged for her. "Kyle!" She gasped as she dropped her bags and he swung her up into his arms.

He kissed her, holding her close. "Wanted to do this the whole way here," he whispered against her lips as she wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss in response.

"No," Tess groaned as she pulled away ever so slightly. "Wait, I want to model for you." She whispered, running her hands over his chest. "I bought it for you."

"Okay," he grunted as he placed her back on the ground and she smiled, grabbing the Victoria Secret's bag and dashing off into the bathroom.

Kyle laughed, stretching briefly before he pulled off his shirt and jeans, making him a bit more comfortable.

"Tess?" He called out as he sat down on the bed. "What's taking-" his voice trailed off as Tess opened the door and crossed over to him, wearing nothing but a lacy blue teddy that left nothing to the imagination. "Damn." He groaned, his mouth dropping in admiration.

"You like?" She grinned as she twirled in front of him.

Kyle nodded, unable to form a coherent thought as she closed the distance between them.

"That good?" She teased lightly as he reached out and traced the lacy pattern under his fingertips. "Oh, Kyle," she gasped, arching into his touch as his fingers trailed over her nipples.

"Tess," he groaned as he continued to run his fingers over the lacy fabric, loving that he made her tremble ever so slightly.

"Kiss me," she demanded as she pushed him back onto the bed and straddled him.

He moaned, wrapping his arms around her and pulled her down to him. Kyle nipped at her lips before he kissed her, taking a moment to savor her- loving her unique spicy taste. Their tongues dueled, teasing each others as Tess yanked at his boxers and Kyle groaned in response. He rolled them over so that their positions were reversed and Tess was underneath him.

"Kyle," she sighed against his lips as she ran her fingers over his back.

He pulled slightly out of her reach as he slowly removed her lacy teddy, taking time to kiss every inch of her body. He moved up, sliding his body against hers, eliciting a moan from her lips.

Their soft tender kisses, built up until they were both teetering on the edge, their bodies rocking against each other. "Want you," Kyle panted as his erection strained against her thigh.

Tess moaned as she rocked her hips up, "fuck me."

Kyle paused, sucking in a quick breath as he recalled their earlier conversation earlier that day. "Are you sure?" He whispered, nipping at her neck.

She groaned, squirming against him. "God, yes." She hissed as she spread her legs wider, an open invitation that Kyle couldn't deny.

"Tess," he moaned as he thrust up and sighed as they were finally one. He paused, kissing her softly as he let her adjust to him.

"Kyle," she urged as she thrust her hips up and wrapped her legs around him.

"Love you," Kyle murmured, nipping at her ear as he began to thrust in and out of her.

"Kyle," she gasped, smiling as she raked her nails over his back. "Oh, baby."

Kyle groaned as she shifted her hips ever so slightly and met his thrusts with equal force. "So beautiful," he exhaled against her lips as he gazed into her flushed face and bright blue eyes.

"Oh, Kyle," She moaned as she flicked her tongue against his lips. "So, close." She gasped, her fingers digging into his hips, forcing him to speed up his pace.

He shifted his weight slightly to free his hand and snake it between them. "Tess," he hissed as he rubbed his thumb against her clit.

"Oh, god!" Tess cried out as her orgasm hit her, clamping her muscles around Kyle's hard length. "Kyle, Kyle-"

Kyle moaned at the increased sensation and continued to thrust, following a moment later. "Tess," he gasped as he came deep within her. "Tess," he repeated as he collapsed against her, letting his orgasm wash over him.

"Kyle," Tess grumbled a few seconds later as she pressed her hands against his chest.

"Uh huh?" Kyle mumbled, kissing her brow.

"You're heavy," she whined and Kyle couldn't help but laugh. He flipped them over, so Tess was now resting on top of him. "Much better," she sighed as she shifted against him so that she was curled up into Kyle's arms.

"Good," Kyle smiled as closed his eyes, running his hands over her arms.

"Stay with me," she whispered a few moments later.

"I wasn't planning on going anywhere," he chuckled as he kissed her brow.

"No," she giggled, rubbing her nose against his. "Stay here, Kyle. Tonight and every night- I don't think I could spend a night without you."

"I'd like that," Kyle smiled, leaning over to kiss her properly.

"Good," she sighed happily, returning the kiss. "Now go to sleep. You need it."

"Okay," he groaned as he closed his eyes briefly and then opened them to see Tess staring at him with concern in her eyes.

"Baby, you need your sleep- I'm here, safe in your arms." Tess vowed. "Nothing can hurt me when you are by my side."

"Yes dear," Kyle chuckled as he closed his eyes, and soon they were both sleeping peacefully.

tbc