Wrong Number (AU,M/L,T/K,Adult) (COMPLETE)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Wrong Number (AU,M/L,T/K,Adult) chpt 11 5/25/10

Post by jake17 »

Ellie
roswell3053
Carolyn
Natalie36
Maiqu
dreambeliever
behr_able
Ginger
LilithAnn
Eve
zaneri1
Jan
smileeUK
angelina

KJ and I thank you so so much for all your amazing fb! Sorry this took so long! :oops:

Chapter 11

Stepping onto the busy streets of the city Liz felt confused.

Watching as Max haled a cab she caught him looking back quickly with regret in his eyes.

She knew he loved her that she never doubted, she was more concerned with the way he felt about her, as a person, as a partner in their relationship.

Watching her mother repeatedly degraded by her father over the years seriously affected LIz. The fact that her mom was completely dependent on him financially and emotionally was something Liz swore would never happen to her.

She was determined to be her own person, a professional strong independent woman who was respected for her mind and loved for exactly who she was.

It was vital that she be considered an equal partner in their relationship, that he hold her opinions and feelings in high regard, whether he agreed with her or not.

She went through many bad relationships looking for someone with these qualities.

She was so convinced that Max was this person, the 'right' person, it took her by surprise that he would just go over her head and discount her feelings.

In a nutshell, it scared her.

Brushing her hair from her eyes she wondered if she was transferring all her insecure feelings into this one act.

Sighing deeply she eyed a bar across the street.

“I need a drink, or two…maybe even three.”

Pushing open the heavy mahogany door Liz looked around the near empty bar. It wasn't quite happy hour yet so the place was pretty much empty.

Spotting a vacant seat at the end of the bar she headed that way. Not long after taking her seat a smiling bartender came over to take her order.

"Hi my name's Sean what would you like?"

Giving the bartender a slight smile of her own Liz thought for a moment.

“A glass of your house red please.”

Nodding Sean threw a white rag over his shoulder and backed away to go fill her order.

As he reached high on the top shelf to retreive a bottle of their house Merlot Kyle's voice suddenly went off in Liz's head.

"You know Lizzie Bear when it's time to do some serious drinking nothing beats vodka! God bless those Russians! I mean who would have ever thought of getting such a great liquor out of a potato?!"

“Wait!" Liz shouted out and than blushed when Sean turned back her way with a puzzled look on his face "Sorry, but could you make that a vodka tonic? I’m not sure wine is going to help today.”

Hesitating briefly Sean looked over the pretty brunette who was in obvious distress.

“Sure thing Miss.” He cheerfully replied before coming back to the bar with a bottle of Grey Goose and a glass.

Placing the tumbler in front of Liz he raised the tall cold bottle high in the air tipping it slightly causing the smooth liquid to stream perfectly into the glass below.

Adding the tonic and slice of lime a crooked smile crossed his lips as he eyed her impressed expression.

“Bad day?” Sean asked as he slid the freshly made drink to Liz.

Taking a tiny sip Liz breathed out slowly before raising her chocolate eyes back to him.

“You could say that.”

Holding his finger up in the air giving the universally known 'wait just one second' gesture he pulled a Bud Light from the cooler and placed it in front of a regular at the opposite side of the bar.

“Waiting for your date Jason?”

“Yep, Carolyn should be here in a few. Just wanted to catch the last inning of the game before dinner.”

Gazing back at Liz, Sean nodded. “Well let me know if you need a second, I believe someone is in need of my vast wisdom.”

Laughing loudly as if he had partaken in some of the bartender’s knowledge in the past Jason tipped his beer in Liz’s direction.

“Listen to the man, he’s smarter than he looks.”

By the time Sean made his way back to her she was sliding her empty glass towards him.

“Another please.”

Sean looked down at the empty glass a tad shocked at how fast the young lady had downed it.

"Hey you know this stuff is pretty strong right? Maybe you should take it a bit slow and - "

"Another… please." Liz said a bit forceful this time.

“Oookaayy," sighed Sean as he started to once again grab the bottle of vodka to rework his magic "coming right up.”

Slipping her trench coat off Liz stretched her tired neck as the vodka began to relax her nerves.

“Would you like to talk about it?” Sean asked as he slid a fresh drink in front of Liz.

Liz smoothed her petite hands around the big glass solemnly. "Talk about what?"

"What ever it is that's bothering you?"

Sean smiled as he flipped the rag off his shoulder and began wiping down the bar.

"What makes you think something is bothering me?"

Leaning his palms against the bar Sean tilted his head to the side and narrowed his eyes as if he was honing in on her.

"Well you see I'm a bartender. And as cliché as this might sound we bartenders have certain…people skills. Intuition being one of them. I couldn’t help but pick up a few things about you for instance when you first walked in.”

Liz took a small sip of her drink this time, "Like what?"

"Well for starters you're a painter. Or at least you work around artwork some how."

Choking a bit on her drink Liz looked up in shock.

"How the hell did you know that?"

Smiling Sean reached across the counter and took hold of Liz's right hand and held it up to the light over the bar.

"You have bits of colored paint under your nails. Now you might work in the paint department at Home Depot for all I know, but I don't think so. You give off this creative vibe that just screams artist to me."

"Wow you're good." Liz shook her head in wonderment.

"Well I've always been good at reading people. It’s gotten me out of a few jams here and there."

Sean let go off Liz's hand and went back to tidying up his bar preparing for the evening rush.

Feeling the burn of the smooth liquor down her throat Liz gazed back up at the bartender with the kind eyes and thought ‘why not’.

“Do you have a girlfriend...or a wife?"

As soon as the words came out of her mouth Liz realized how that must have sounded and started to blush profusely.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry! That's not how I meant it to - "

"It's okay I understood what you meant," laughed Sean as he held up his hand to stop Liz's embarrassed babbling "and yes, I do have a wife...for ten years now. Her name is Serena."

"Wow ten years."

"Yep," nodded Sean "so you're needing relationship advice huh?"

”You could say that, “ sighed Liz unhappily while finishing her second drink and gesturing for more, "I have to warn you though, it's a long story."

Folding his arms Sean leaned against the counter and smiled widely. “ I’m here for most of the night so you have my full attention.”

Five vodka tonics and two hours later Liz had described in detail her relationship with Max.

Beaming with excitement she explained the wrong number that she clearly believed to be an unbelievable twist of fate that brought them together.

With equal enthusiasm she went into detail about their amazing phone conversations that lasted till they were both too exhausted to speak, and how that eventually brought them to the most romantic moment of her life when they first set eyes on each other.

Lowering her long dark eyelashes wistfully, regret filled her heart when she finally spoke of the disastrous day and their first real and very painful argument.

Waiting patiently till she was finished Sean came from around the bar and took a seat next to her.

With baited breath Liz rested her chin on her palm and her elbow on the counter for this ‘wisdom’ she was promised.

Eyeing her he chuckled to himself as her elbow slipped off the bar taking her body with it in the momentum.

“Whoa! Steady there.” Grabbing her just in time before she landed on the floor Sean signalled to his co-worker to watch the bar for a second.

“Ok, first of all I have to say that was without a doubt the strangest first meeting I have ever heard of in my life. When I was single the closest I ever came to your story were telemarketers and obscene phone calls."

Liz let out a loud drunk snort and than covered her mouth in embarrassment while at the same time spilling some of her drink onto her and Sean.

"Sorry!" Cringing Liz pulled the rag from his shoulder and handed it to him.

"It's okay happens all the time," Sean smiled as he wiped the vodka from his shirt then handed it to her so she could do the same, "now onto your man. This Max you told me about doesn’t strike me as the controlling, macho caveman type.”

Widening her eyes she shook her head back and forth making herself slightly dizzy in the process.

“No, oh my never. Max has always been very kind and …respectful towards me.”

Hesitating she glanced back up at Sean as she heard her own words coming back to haunt her.

"Let me tell you about men Liz. We have this stuff in us called testosterone; I like to call it idiot juice. For it can make even the smartest man do very dumb things when it flows through our systems. When Max heard about how you were being treated at work.... well his idiot juice went into over drive and it was telling him to protect you."

Noticing that business was starting to pick up Sean got up and went back around the bar to take some orders but first he stopped to take one last look at Liz.

"You know most women come in here talking about how the men in their lives never do anything for them, how bad they're treated. I've even had some tell me after a few drinks about how they're abused. But here you have a guy who is willing to go to jail to protect you. It sounds to me like he really loves you."

Smiling empathetically Sean signalled for his co-worker to hail a cab while he helped Liz with her coat.

"Forgive me for getting too personal here but could it be that you're just afraid of getting hurt? Because honestly Liz real love doesn't come around that often, for most people it doesn't happen at all. I've listen to the way you've talked about him, it's obvious how much you care. Don't let fear take away your chance at happiness, go to him. Tell him how you feel."

Watching as Sean walked to the other side of the bar to wait on a new customer Liz suddenly had a revelation. All at once she understood that all of his crazy uncharacteristic behaviour was done out of love, out of an urgent need to protect her...to keep her safe.

She realized without a doubt that he really loved her.

And as far as she was concerned at that moment she couldn’t have loved him more.

Just then a sharp pain shot through her heart as she recalled all the mean things she had said to him.

"Oh my god! I’ve got to talk to him!"

Grabbing her purse Liz drunkenly fumbled around for her cell phone.

Finding the object of her hunt she opened it up but was forced to blink a few times due to the fact that she was now seeing two phones instead of one.

The vodka had begun to exact it revenge.

After several failed attempts she was finally successful, nervously her heart pounded away against her small frame, as she grew desperate to hear him again.

After many seemingly endless rings she was finally rewarded by the deep husky tone of his unmistakable voice.

“Hello?”

Physically moved by the sound of him it hit her all at once what she needed to do.

Swaying back and forth she pushed opened the heavy door to the waiting taxi on the curb, looking over her outfit she released the top button on her blouse while wicked ideas flowed through her intoxicated mind.

Breathlessly she slurred her words as she attempted to work her sensual magic on him.

“M-Maxx it’s me, I’ll be right… ovverr.”

Steadying herself as the cab took a sharp corner Liz struggled with the thin belt that was secured around her skirt.

She had done enough talking for one day.

He had proved how much he loved her …

Now it was her turn.
Last edited by jake17 on Tue May 25, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Wrong Number (AU,M/L,T/K,Adult) chpt 12 7/25/10

Post by jake17 »

dreambeliever
Ellie
Ginger
angelina
Eve
Caroyln x2
Natalie
LilithAnn
Jan
behr_able
destiny
SmileeUk
roswell3053

KJ and I would like to thank you for all your very sweet fb!! If you remember Liz has just left the bar where Sean the bartender has straightened her out and she is on her way to apologize and make things right with Max. unfortunately she is very very drunk....

This update is dedicated to destiny, happy belated birthday sweetie!! :)

Chapter 12

Finally reaching Max’s apartment building Liz stumbled out of the cab to the point of nearly falling on her face if not for a very dedicated doorman.

“Ms. Parker? Are you alright?”

Concentrating on balancing back on her heels once again Liz looked up at Jeffery and smiled brightly.

“Oh Jefferryy, I am betterrr than alright, but I need to see Max right away! It’s like extremely important that I speak to him!”

Furrowing his eyebrows at the usual very graceful and sober girlfriend of Mr. Evans, Jeffery wondered if Max was aware of her odd state.

“Absolutely Ms. Parker. Listen why don’t you let me accompany you up to his apartment, It’s been dead all night I could use some nice conversation with a beautiful girl.”

Slapping his chest Liz blushed as she backed into the elevator.

You, you’re always so sweet to me! That Mrs. Jefferies is one lucky woman!” pressing the button to his floor Jeffery raised his eyebrows as the doors slowly closed. “I bet you’re one of the good guys, a real keeperrr!”

As the elevator began to rise Liz quickly gripped the inside rail when the small space began to spin. “Wow, I don’t recall the elevator being quite so fast.”

Stepping out onto the floor she swayed a bit as she eyed the long narrow hallway.

Taking a deep breath she began to unbutton her blouse revealing a very lacy bra underneath.

“Ok Max, I hope you're ready for some seriousss apologizing.”

Standing at his door she fluffed out her hair and pushed her breasts firmly upwards making them spill out from her bra.

Raising her fist to the door she knocked very noisily several times.

Whispering very loudly she tried to make her voice sound as sexy as possible.

“Mmaxx? Max I’m here sweetie, and I’m ready to give you what you’ve been waiting for!”

Holding the frame of the door to steady herself she was needless to say very surprised when she found Larry his next-door neighbor staring back at her.

Squinting she tilted her head to the side confused as she eyed the seventy five year old man.

“Larry? Where’s Max?”

Completely stunned Larry pushed his glasses further up his nose and peered down at Liz’s sultry attire.

“Umm, I suspect he would be in his apartment.”

Just then Max swung open his door. “Oh my God.”

Running down the hall he came up behind her and quickly reached around her to close her gaping shirt.

“Umm Liz honey, why don’t we let Mr. Daily get back to sleep.”

Turning around Liz practically jumped in his arms “Max, it’s you! Why is Larry in your apartment? Did his smelly cat get loose again?”

Smiling apologetically he lifted her in his arms and nodded to his very confused neighbor.

“Sorry Larry, she’s had a very long day.”

Letting her head fall backwards so she could properly see him she sighed profusely, “Oh God Larry you have no idea!!”

Nodding the old man gave Max a knowing wink and backed away from his door. “I’m sure I don’t, you take care of that young lady Mr. Evans.”

Walking to his apartment Max gazed down into her flirty stare. “Don’t worry Mr. Daily I intend to.”

Clutching his neck her expression turned very serious. “Maxx I am so ssorry, I understand why you did what you did and I feel just …just …”

Suddenly distracted her eyes glazed over as she began to concentrate on removing her very uncomfortable heels.

Smiling Max lifted her chin and raised his eyebrows still waiting for her to finish her sentence. “You feel?”

“What?”

“You were saying that you understand and you feel – “

“Max please stop playing games with me. I need to talk to you seriously now, you need to understand how I feel, please take me inside. This is very important for our relationship.”

"Whatever you say honey."

Trying to contain his laughter he nodded with a straight face and continued down the hall muttering to himself.

“Wow I wasn’t sure when I talk to you on the phone if I was right..."

Looking innocently into his slightly amused concerned eyes she whispered. “Right about what?”

Kicking his door open he placed her on his couch and walked towards the kitchen to make some strong black coffee.

Craning his head around the corner holding a coffee filter in his hand he looked her up and down while giving her a warm smile.

“Well right about the fact that you’re completely wasted.”

Brushing the stray hairs from her face she sat up straight trying desperately to seem okay. “I am not …wasssted!”

"Liz you told Mr. Daily that we call sparkles 'smelly cat' to his face. Although I doubt that he even heard you with your breasts hanging ten inches from his face."

Finally kicking off her very uncomfortable shoes she swayed towards him determined to show him how wrong he was about her current state.

Raising her hand against the wall she attempted to strike a sexy pose but failed miserably when she misjudged the distance between her and the wall and slid down the side of the dinning room.

Rushing to her side Max caught her just in time before she hit the floor.

“Whoa there, are you alright?”

Popping back up as fast as she could she clutched his shirt and began walking backwards pulling him along with her.

Blowing her hair from her eyes she leaned in and licked the shell of his ear before giving it a little nibble.

“I’m just fine, and I’m going to prove it to you right …now.”

Finding himself in the bedroom Max scratched behind his ear realizing what she had in mind. “Oh Liz, I’m not sure if this is a good idea.”

Raising her eyebrows she licked her lips and ran her hand up the inside of his thigh before rubbing his growing erection.

“I beg to differ with you, in fact I think you’re definitely warming up to the idea.”

Closing his eyes he backed up out of her reach desperately trying to stay in control.

“Liz I think we should continue this in the morning when you're thinking clearly.”

Pouting for a split second she decided a little more convincing would be in order.

Sliding the zipper in back of her skirt down she whispered seductively as it fell to the floor revealing her black lacy thong.

“Now Max all I want to do is show my appreciation for standing up for me and protecting me the way you did.”

Nodding slowly his eyes were locked on her long shapely legs as she approached him.

Taking his hands she placed them on the back of her thighs and smoothed them upwards till they were cupping her bare bottom.

Groaning painfully Max closed his eyes. “Believe me I get the point, but I still think we should discuss this in the morning.”

Slipping her hands under his tee shirt he tensed his abs when she began to caress his skin dragging her nails lightly up and down his chest.

“Oh but what you went through,” Liz unbuttoned his pants and slid her hand around his hard shaft. “being arrested, going to prison...putting yourself in danger surrounded by all those big, tough, dangerous criminals.”

Max breathed out as he squeezed her cheeks in his big hands. “Liz, honey …this isn’t right…you’re drunk – “

Pushing him away she placed her finger over his lips silencing him.

Batting her long dark eyelashes she began unbuttoning the rest of her blouse revealing her see through lace black bra.

“Max please take off your shirt and show me that magnificent body,”

Mesmerized by her firm round breasts covered in black lace and her tiny matching thong he went against his better judgement and pulled his tee shirt over his head.

Her eyes drifted over every inch of his bare beautiful chest as she gasped her approval.

“Oh Max, I can’t wait to get you in that bed, I’m going to have you begging for ….for …for…”

“Liz are you alright?”

Struggling with the last button on her blouse she decided to give up and raise it over her head.

Muffled by the material around her head that she was now tangled up in she struggled to speak.

Waving her arms she fought to get free from the silky confinement. “You just wait till I get my hands… on …you… I’m going to prove to you just how much …I …love…love. …Damn this friggin shirt!!!”

Rubbing his forehead Max grinned and gently freed her from her confinement.

“Liz really, maybe – “

Swaying back and forth she placed her hands firmly on her hips. “NO, I want to show you how much I love you! I want you to know how sorry I am for the way I acted…no sleeping!”

Biting his lip he was struck by this totally new inhibited side of Liz and although he knew how much she would be suffering the next day he couldn’t help but think of how damn cute and sexy she was tonight.

Before he could protest she suddenly became very calm almost as if she was sobering up.

Lowering the straps on her shoulders she began to kiss his neck while whispering against his hot skin.

“Max, I have trust issues, and I don’t want them to come between us. I should’ve dealt with this problem before it became so out of hand and even though I still wish I handled Mr. Green myself, I love you so much for caring about me enough to risk everything for my honor.”

His eyes widened at how coherent she had become and for a minute he wondered if maybe she wasn’t as inebriated as he thought she was.

He was also loosing the battle of her tempting offer as she stripped him of his pants and boxers.

Before he had a second to mull over the possibility that maybe she was sobering up she was kissing her way down his smooth muscular chest to his ripped tight stomach till she was perched on her knees gazing up at him with a sultry wanting expression.

Gasping he felt the last of his control leave his shaky body as she wrapped her lips around him and slowly took him in.

“Oh God Liz!”

Stroking her tongue around him she concentrated on taking him as deep she could.

Feeling her warm mouth sucking hard and fast Max knew he wouldn’t last long.

Pulling her up by her shoulders she became breathless as fire and passion burned in his darkened eyes. His husky deep voice quickly uttered the words she wanted to hear before he pressed his lips to hers.

“I need you now!”

Unhooking her bra he laid her on the bed and pulled the thong from her body thinking he would die if he had to wait one more second longer.

Reaching over to turn the light off he looked back and lowered his head in disbelief.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!”

Sitting beside her he attempted to catch his breath as Liz began to snore.

Running his hands through his hair in attempt to calm down he pulled a blanket over her and kissed her forehead.

With a devilish smirk he opened his desk drawer.

“I love you, but you are so going to pay for this Parker.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shielding her eyes from the blinding morning sun Liz searched frantically through her purse looking for her cell.

Spotting it on his nightstand she crawled holding her head to retrieve it.

Pressing her first contact she waited impatiently hoping that Max had left the apartment.

After several rings someone finally picked up on the other end. Liz heard silence at first than she heard some female giggling than what sounded like a sigh come over the phone.

"All I can say is whoever this is this had better be damn important. I mean like end of the world important because you just interrupted some major foreplay here."

“Kyle!” quietly listening Liz heard more giggles and what sounded like a bed creaking.

After a second of no response and more of the same disturbing noises Liz yelled into the phone while gripping her head tighter in pain quickly regretting that decision.

“Kyle stop fooling around with Tess! I need to talk to you!”

Breathlessly Kyle reluctantly spoke.” Liz I said I was sorry about the whole beat up your boss thing, I don’t mean to be rude but I’m right in the middle of having the smartest and hottest lawyer in the city...uhhh go through my briefs.... so I really don’t have time for another lecture right now.”

Rolling her eyes she glanced around looking for her clothes. “Damn it Kyle I’m not going to lecture you, I ended up at the bar last night and …well… I had too much too drink.”

"Ohhh god please tell me it was not your 'had too much to drink' like back in our junior year of high school when you got drunk at Tommy Garvin's party and you took off your top and danced on his coffee table while wearing a lampshade on your head?!"

"I did NOT take off my top nor dance on anyone's coffee table back in high school! That was a lie spread by Pam Troy because I wouldn't let her copy off my English Lit exam!" fumed Liz "Now would you shut up and listen too me?!"

Sitting up Kyle decided this was worth hearing as he gently stroked Tess blonde hair.

“I’m lying naked in Max’s bed and I don’t remember anything!”

Rolling his eyes Kyle really didn’t see the problem.

“Yeah so, I don’t mean to be insensitive but what is exactly wrong with this scenario?”

“The problem is I don’t know what I said or DID for that matter and …and…OH MY GOD…KYLE! THERE’S A HUGE DIAMOND RING ON MY FINGER!”

“Sitting straight up Kyle turned pale white. Liz did you get engaged last night??”

“Hearing the key in the door Liz whispered ‘I have no idea’ and quickly hung up the phone.”

Poking his head in the doorway Max held out two cups of coffee.

“I thought you could use some.”

Shaking nervously Liz pulled the sheet close to her chest and took the cup from his out stretched hand.

“Thanks, this is just perfect.”

Smiling happily Max kissed her on the cheek and tucked her dark hair in back of her ear.

“No problem, I figured we’ve got a busy day ahead of us, lots to do, people to call.”

Choking on her coffee Liz looked up at his glowing face and stuttered.

“P-People to call?”

Kissing her softly he took a sip of his coffee and brushed her cheek as he turned and walked into the kitchen.

“Sure thing, future Mrs. Evans.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Wrong Number (AU,M/L,T/K,Adult) chpt 13 10/18/10

Post by jake17 »

Ellie
dreambeliever
Caroyln
NotYourChick
Ginger
roswell3053
kay_b
Eve
behr_able
SmileeUK
angelina
zaneri1
saini87
Karen O
maxandlizforever

Again, "wow" KJ and I would really like to thank everyone for such great fb. I'd just like to say a few things, first sorry for the long wait, that was totally my fault KJ had nothing to do with it. Between my daughter's surgery and life being seriously nasty It's been hard for me to be here :( .

I also want to give credit where it is due, if anyone doesn't remember or is new to the story, All the Kyle and Tess lines are written by KJ. He comes up with all those hysterical lines everyone loves so much and you should know that.

Also you should know I thought of the ring being slipped on Liz's finger at the last second while I was posting and didn't pass the idea by KJ like I should've. I write very spontaneously, I'm just so used to writing that way. Idea's pop in my head and I get excited about the possibilities, but it was wrong and I should've asked him if that was alright to detour the storyline. No disrespect was intended to KJ. I think he's a fantastic writer. I sincerely apologize sweetie.

Ok so here we go, it's been so long I'm just going to refresh everyone's memory on where we last left off ...

Max and Kyle ended up in jail for defending Liz against her pervert boss, Liz angry that Max took matters into his own hands reacted very negatively towards him and went to a bar to calm herself down. After talking to a very wise bartender "Sean" she realized how wrong she was and just how lucky she was to have someone to love her as much as Max did. Unfortunately she was very drunk when she headed to his apartment to seduce him and apologize for her actions. After passing out Max slipped an engagement ring on her finger and made her believe that he had asked her to marry him and she had accepted. Stunned and petrified by these events that she doesn't remember Liz has gone to her best friend's apartment for support and advice on how to deal with an engagement she has no memory of having.

Chapter 13.

Staring blankly at the fish swimming up for food in Kyle’s fish tank Liz was oblivious to Tess’ wide eyed glances at her ring finger until the high pitched squeals reached her ears.

“Good God Liz this must’ve set him back a fortune!” shouted Tess as she held onto Liz's finger giving the ring a thorough inspection.

Nodding incoherently her eyelashes flickered nervously as she recalled Max’s words.

“Get some rest tonight we’ll work on setting the date; I think you're right about a short engagement”

Waving her fingers in front of her bright cobalt eyes Tess fanned back the tears as she angled the ring in Kyle’s direction.

“Isn’t it beautiful sweetie? I love a rectangle cut it’s so romantic and elegant.”

*Which meant *hint hint* Pay attention to what I just said and read between the lines*

Sadly for Tess she forgot who she was talking to…

Rolling his eyes Kyle barely glanced at the glimmering massive rock.

“I don’t mean to burst your bubble babe but that ring could be that big hunk of rock from that Titanic movie,...The Rock Of The Ocean or whatever it was called and Liz still wont be wearing it for long.”

With her eyebrows raised Tess looked at Kyle "YOU'VE seen Titanic? YOU actually watched a movie with Leonardo Dicaprio in it? "

"No! Well yes but it wasn't like I really wanted to go and see it or anything!" Flushing with embarrassment Kyle pointed toward Liz "She black mailed me and made me go with her to see it back when we were in high school."

"Blackmailed you?"

"Yes! She told me if I didn't watch it with her she wouldn't tutor me in trig anymore! And I would have got kicked off the football team!"

Snorting Tess began to slide the ring off Liz's finger.

“Do you mind if I try it on?”

Still focused on the black mollies circling the plastic castle Liz vacantly shook her head “no”.

Panicking at the notion that this would give his blonde bombshell ideas he was nowhere near ready for Kyle scoped up the silver band and held it up to the light.

“Hey!”

Examining it like the professional he so wasn’t Kyle held it up to the light with one hand as he pulled Tess down onto his lap with the other.

“Trust me babe it wouldn’t fit on you, Liz has skinny little old lady bony fingers."

"Ohh and what?! I have fat fingers or something?!"

Kyle's face got this confused look to it before suddenly turning so pale it was a wonder he didn't pass out!

"No....no..... no..... no....I would never say.... I mean...I was just saying...uhhhh...I mean.... wow look at how clear this thing is..." Kyle turned back to the ring in his hand and held it up to the light "...must be fake.... glass probably!! ”

Narrowing her eyes Tess smiled at her dim-witted boyfriend.

“Clarity is a good thing sweetie, anyway why do you think Liz won’t be wearing it?”

Nipping at her earlobe quite content Kyle began to tell Tess the story of Liz’s severe marriage phobia.

“I’m not sure how it all started but the near mention of the word marriage and …well –“

Kyle pointed to the twitching muscle in Liz’s right eyelid.

Staring in fascination as the muscle over her right eye flickered with great intensity Tess moved closer mesmerized by her uncontrolled reaction.

“Whoa, that’s so …so - “

“Not like a normal girl I know. Sometimes I think our little Lizzy has bit of testosterone in her. She acts like a guy would around the barbaric institution of holy prison…I-I mean matrimony.”

Pulling her head back from his incoming lips Tess was surprised to hear his negative remarks about something she definitely intended on doing before the age of thirty.

Prison? That’s how you feel about marriage?”

Her cool tone sent him back-pedalling again.

"No....no....no. That was just a joke sweetie. You know...hahaha? Why aren't you laughing?"

Liz startled by the ring of her cell had heard enough as she snapped out of her near comatose state.

“First of all the diamond in the movie Titanic was called the 'Heart of the Ocean' not the Rock of the Ocean you dumb ass! And second just so you know all woman have testosterone.” Clamouring for her phone that had dropped on the floor Liz started to gather her things when she saw that it was Max calling her. “Oh and I do not have bony old lady fingers!”

Leaning back Kyle smirked evilly as he pointed to her eyebrow.

“Yeah but you do have that icky eye twitchy thing.”

“Thanks a lot Kyle you were a lot of your normal no help.”

Shooting him a angry glare Liz slammed the door as she made her way to Max’s apartment.

Sighing Kyle stood up to retrieve another beer from the fridge. “She knows I suck at all this touchy feely crap but yet she still comes over, asks me questions about it and than gets mad and stomps out! Why does she do that?”

Stopping dead in his tracts he felt her small hands reach around his waist.

“I have a better idea, why don’t we go back and talk more about your feelings on the subject of marriage.”

*Crickets could be heard across the city as Kyle quickly stuck his beer bottle in his mouth so he wouldn't have to say anything*

Meanwhile Liz was doing her best to run past Max’s doorman in shame mortified by her drunkenness from the night before.

A busy lobby ensured her pride for the moment as she got away with a nod a slight wave before hopping into the elevator.

When she stepped onto his floor the distance to his apartment seemed ten miles long.

Her breathing was shallow and quick as she focused on the almost blinding glare of the three caret stone.

As she approached his door she didn’t know what was worse the fact that she had absolutely no memory of his asking her or the fact that she obviously had said yes.

Peering out his peephole Max laughed silently viewing her noticeable state of sheer terror as she stood outside with her fist posed in the knocking position.

Pulling the door open he smiled widely as he took her joyfully in his arms. “Hey there beautiful, I missed you.”

Putting her fears aside for the moment Liz breathed his manly dreamy scent in as he held her close.

Pulled from the near heavenly haze he had trapped her in she noticed how dressed up he was, especially for the casual night in she had anticipated.

Max was the kind of man that could look heart stopping gorgeous without even trying but given even a little effort and she was practically putty in his hands.

The black button up shirt he wore clung to his muscular body emphasising his broad shoulders and sculpted chest while his dark jeans encased his breathtaking strong thighs in the most erotic way.

Yes she was definitely mere putty in his hands, and everything else he possessed.

She wished they could just go to his bedroom and forget last night ever happened as her hands drifted down his powerful beautiful biceps.

“I missed you too.” She breathed out just as her eye caught the state of the room in back of him leaving her more than slightly shocked and a little confused.

“Wow, what is all this for?”

His dinning room table was adorned with white roses and candles with silver serving trays enough for a large crowd.

Placing her down Max shrugged as he gently pulled her coat from her shoulders.

“Well I figured I’d invite our friends and family over this weekend to announce the big news!”

Like a deer in head lights Liz slowly backed away from the table until her knees hit the back of the couch forcing her unsteady legs to buckle and her to sit.

“B-big news?”

With beaming excited eyes Max glanced over to her as he placed rows of white linen napkins and elegant silverware down next to the platters.

“Well sure, you made it very clear last night that you wanted everyone to know immediately, you know, on the account of the short engagement.”

Clearing her now extremely dry throat Liz reached for the glass of red wine that was on the coffee table and tossed it down.

“S-short engagement?”

Raising his eyebrow he waved her off as he continued arranging everything perfectly in its place.

“Honey I know you wanted to elope this weekend but I’m happy you agreed with me last night. I mean it just wouldn’t be the same without our loved ones there.”

Coughing harshly Liz started to have a panic attack unaware that Max had begun to light the candles.

“E-elope!”

Leaning forward to regain some blood flow to her brain she knew it was time to come clean.

With her eyes closed she took several deep breathes before whispering softly to him.

“Max, we need to talk. I don’t know how to tell you this but I don’t ….I mean last night I was …I was…”

“Too drunk and have no memory of anything that happened?”

Lifting her head up quickly Liz was shocked to find him standing right in front of her.

The room was dark now except for the candlelight glowing behind him making him appear even more painfully handsome.

His brandy sultry eyes held a hopeful gleam of anticipation and love as he held a single white rose and a sweet but guilty smile.

She whispered a pensive barely audible breathless question as she stared up at him lost and very nervous.

“What the hell is going on Max? “

It was his turn to show his apprehension as he slid a gentle hand down her cheek.

“It’s ok Parker you can breathe again I’m afraid I’ve been playing a little joke on you.”

Her eyes widened as she watched him lean down and slip the ring off her finger.

“B-but…what about last night? And the engagement party and …and …eloping!”

Max blushed as he averted his eyes anxiously away from her.

“You don’t remember anything do you?”

Rubbing her temples unsure of what to think Liz shook her head “Obviously no. Please Max, tell me what happened!”

Suddenly seeming very tense Max scratched behind his ear while shifting his feet back and forth as if trying to decide on something important.

Absent-mindedly he started to take deep breaths as he rattled off the answer to her question. Clearly something else had his attention. “Honestly, you attacked me, and passed out.”

Finishing off the rest of her wine Liz’s hoarse voice gasped as she held her chest.

“What?!”

Fiddling with the ring Liz became aware of his hands shaking and how distracted he was as he continued to quickly explain.

“Nothing happened, you were really drunk and you wanted to prove to me how much you love me and how sorry you were. Unfortunately you were snoring before it progressed any further.”

Feeling a slight twinge of anger for not only the trick he played on her but his seemingly nonchalant attitude about the whole thing as his mind was obviously somewhere else.

“So you thought you’d just make up something as serious as marriage to torture me for yelling at you and getting drunk?”

Max shook his head and smiled adoringly as he secretly admired her fiery temper, there was nothing he didn't love about her.

“Actually I think you’re pretty cute when you’re drunk, very uninhibited.”

Her blood began to boil as she thought of the guilt she had been putting herself through all day.

”I think I should go.”

“Wait! Please Liz, I know what I did was unfair and I am sorry but I didn't do it to be cruel. You see I had an ulterior motive for making you believe we were engaged. Please, just hear me out."

Gently Max eased her back onto the couch.

“To be truthful I guess I was getting you back for putting me through the ringer yesterday, but mostly…I guess wanted to see how you would react to the notion of marrying me. Plus I thought it would make a great story to tell our…. kids someday.”

Liz raised her eyebrows completely lost.

“Huh?”

Taking a deep breath he then knelt before her and took her hand in his.

Liz had become instantly paralyzed as she watched him look up as her on bended knee.

”Liz, why do you think I had this ring to begin with? I didn’t mean to upset you in anyway, I just couldn’t resist the look on your face when you thought you were engaged and couldn’t remember a thing. It wasn’t real and I never asked you... this is true… but I’m asking you now.”

With absolute resolve he handed her the single white rose and placed the diamond ring on the tip of her finger.

“Liz I have never been happier in my entire life. You are everything I could ever want in a woman. So beautiful inside and out you hold a grace that calms me and makes me feel as if everything is alright as long as you’re by my side. Liz, please say you’ll be by my side for the rest of our lives. Do me the incredible honor of becoming my wife.”

His shaky husky tone fell low as he glanced sincerely deep into her wide eyes. “Liz Parker will you marry me?”

Unable to breathe Liz opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

Concerned Max lifted her chin upwards.

"Hey is something wrong with your eye?"
Last edited by jake17 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Wrong Number (AU,M/L,T/K,Adult) chpt 14 12/7/10

Post by jake17 »

ginger
angelina
eve
ellie
natalie
caroyln
zaneri1
smileUK

Thanks so much for all your funny and sweet fb! Hope you enjoy :wink:

Chapter 14

Looking up at him he appeared so vulnerable, so open, so willing to show her everything.

She could see in those eyes, those almost angelic warm eyes that he had nothing to hide, no previous agenda other than wanting to share his life with her.

It left her speechless but it was her voice he needed to hear the most at that moment.

The sound of her sweet confident voice giving him the answer he so desperately needed to hear.

His hand began to shake as her silence grew and her eyelid continually flickered, a present given to her by her unrestrained nerves.

His tone was soft and sweet full of concern and most of all patience.

“Liz, what’s wrong with your eye? Are you ok?”

Immediately she covered her twitching eye and gave him a smile that spoke volumes to him.

It was an ‘I’m fine too happy to speak, of course I’ll marry you smile’

Liz Parker is very talented and expressive when she needs to be.

Before she knew it the ring had slipped completely down the entire length of her finger there by sealing the deal, although she officially never said ‘yes’

Like I said Liz Parker is very talented.

She knew she needed to focus on something else ….anything else to calm her twitching eye so he didn’t begin to suspect that he was engaged to a possible mental patient.

Clutching the white rose in one hand she reached for him and walked slowly into the bedroom pulling him easily behind her until they were standing nervously against the foot of the bed.

Sure they had made love hundreds of times but this was different …it was as if they were really seeing each other for the first time.

He was truly in awe of her as he stood there holding her hands looking down into her eyes.

She whispered out of the sheer intensity of the moment.

“You’re shaking.”

Smiling slightly he looked down at his fingers that were laced with hers. Letting her go he held them out in front of him surprised my what he saw.

“Yeah, I guess I am.”

His deep raspy soft tone touched her making her heart melt.

No man had ever been so sincere, so raw with his emotions before.

It was as if he was handing over his heart for her to do with as she wished.

Complete trust

Placing the white rose on the night table she began to undress needing so much to be close to him.

Standing there speechless Max just watched. Although he was silent his loving expression spoke volumes as he gazed down upon her.

His breath would shudder in response as each peice of clothing fell to the floor revealing a view of her that left him paralyzed with want deep inside.

The graceful slope of her neck that led to the golden skin of her delicate shoulders, the breathtaking sight of her creamy soft breasts and rosy taut nipples that proved how much she needed him…

Her slender waist that beautifully curved outward exquisitely to her hips…

Sweat covered the edges of his thick black hair as she slipped her panties down past her legs and onto the hard wood floor.

A sharp gasp left his trembling lips as his dark eyelashes lowered to gaze breathlessly at the treasure that glistened in the apex of her slender thighs.

Having him watch her so intensely was one of the most erotic moments of her life, she was near orgasm just having his eyes on her.

His lips parted as his breath grew ragged with a need that reminded him of that first night that they made love over the phone.

How just the sound of her seductive enticing voice was enough to send him to a place he never wanted to return from.

Soon she was standing before him bare yearning deeply to see him the same way.

So struck by her beauty he was frozen locked into her endless pools of chocolate warm eyes.

Reaching out to him she began releasing the buttons on his black shirt, it was her turn to shudder with desire.

Soon her fingers quivered as each inch of his smooth hard muscular chest rose and fell before her.

Releasing the last button she couldn’t help but skim her fingertips up the flexed ridges of his stomach past his strong chest.

Caressing his flawless broad shoulders she lifted the material over his powerful arms down past his impressive biceps that simply took her breath away.

It was at his point that her knees became weak at the sight before her and the knowledge that soon he would be inside her.

Easing herself down onto the bed she reached for the buckle of his belt but was stopped by a pair of gentle hands.

Running the back of his hand down her cheek he barely grazed her skin, still it was enough to leave a fiery wake of electricity in its path.

“Just relax my sweet Liz.”

She nodded lying back against his pillow shivering with anticipation as he lifted her legs carefully onto the bed.

She bit her lip hard as he released his pants letting them along with his boxers fall to the floor.

Walking to the foot of the bed he removed his socks never once taking his eyes off of her.

Unabashedly she stared longingly at his magestic body that was illuminated by the streams of moonlight filtering in through the blinds of his window.

Starting from his darkened sultry eyes she shamelessly looked further down drinking in his full parted lips to his powerful chest that rose and fell in response to her brazen stare.

She actually let out an audible moan as her wide eyes fell upon his impressive hardness that throbbed to be inside her.

He was beautiful, inside and out.

Smiling shyly he stood before her with nothing to hide, his concern was for her - her happiness - her fears the good and the bad.

For him there was no going back, and it was more than evident as he returned her feverent glances admiring the beauty that splayed out before him.

Soon she felt soft gentle full lips and his sweet warm breath placing long and languid kisses along her body.

His touch seemed to be everywhere as he tenderly caressed every inch of her moving from her calves up along her legs to her quivering thighs.

Her eyes glazed over with passion sliding shut as the momentum of her climax hovered on the edge just from the attention that she was receiving alone.

Desperate hands laced into his thick hair as she spread her legs giving him room to settle in between her thighs.

Shaky and breathless she arched her head back against the pillow as he gently kissed his way up towards where she needed him the most.

Hovering over her his mouth brushed tortuously ever so lightly against her most sensitive spot teasing her with his hot shaky breath that in no way hid his overwhelming excitement.

Soft whimpering sounds began to escape her lips as his black hair swept along her trembling stomach.

“Please Max!”

Just as her pleading words left her mouth his urgent tongue circled her clit slowly flicking again and again but the urgency was too extreme making her explode instantly.

Heavy smoldering chocolate eyes started down at him as she tried hard to catch her breath.

Pulling at his shoulders her voice broke with need. “Please Max, make love to me.”

Instantly she found herself looking up into his eyes that were raw with emotion and love.

Adoringly he brushed her damp hair from the edges of her face and rose up leaning on his elbows.

Wrapping her legs around his waist she tried to urge him inside unable to wait one more second.

Smiling he held her still with his impressive strong but gentle body.

“Wait just one second please. I want to remember this moment.”

Taking her hand he brought her palm to his lips and kissed her softly.

“I love you so much Liz.”

Lightly stroking the arch of her brow he wanted to make sure she understood how serious his commitment was to her.

Turning over her hand he stared down at the ring and gazed back at her beaming with happiness that he had found the woman he wouid be spending the rest of his life with.

"I promise to do everything I can to make you happy Liz. You are everything to me."

Emotion hit her hard as she felt the vulnerability of his unconditional love shinning so sincerely, so passionately in his eyes.

The words that came from her lips flowed straight from her heart, it was as natural as breathing, they came from a place without doubt or fear.

"Yes Max."

Tilting his head to the side confused he hestitated for a moment."what?"

"Yes, I will marry you."

Tears filled his eyes as he laced his fingers within hers and captured her mouth moaning deeply unable to hold back any longer.

Her hands clutched him tightly as he held them over her head slowly rocking deep inside her.

His forehead fell against hers overcome with need for her struggling to take it slow, wanting it to be special.

"Oh god Liz!"

As hard as he tried It wasn’t long before he was gasping for air groaning out in pleasure lost in the moment going faster and harder with each emotional stroke.

Collasping against the slope of her neck he strained to speak breathless and hoarse from calling out her name repeatedly.

"Liz, I-I'm so sorry, I wanted it to be slow and romantic. I just couldn't ...you're so ...I just - "

Stroking his hair she smiled wondering how he could be so lost as to not understand how absolutely perfectly he had just made love to her.

"Max, that was the most amazing experience of my life, it was more than romantic. There just are no words to describe the way you made me feel. I love you."

As she held onto him her heart pounding against his, their bodies slick with sweat and shivering still from the intensity of the love they shared, she prayed that this feeling would last.

Still knowing herself so well and just how deeply rooted her fears were and with good reason, she wasn't completely convinced that she could control her anxieties that plagued her mind for so long.

At any rate she decided there would be no worrying tonight, no analyzing of her fears, no second guessing due to the past, and definitely no phone calls to Kyle.

All that could wait until tomorrow.

Right now she was exactly where she wanted to be, in his arms safe from the world and most importantly …loved.
Last edited by jake17 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Wrong Number (AU,M/L,T/K,Adult) chpt 15 2/3/11

Post by jake17 »

Carolyn
angelina
Ellie
Natalie
Ginger
EVe
Jan
behr_able
SmileeUK
Lyrallya

thank you so much for your very sweet fb everyone :) , sorry for the long wait, things should be moving along much faster now...my muse is definitely back. Thanks to KJ for his snarky original Kyle lines that only he could write :wink: , ( I think he's still trying not to vomit over my last very romantic dreamer update ) :roll: :lol:

Chapter 15

Standing over his bed Liz proudly stood with an air of confidence hoping that he would be at the very least happy for her and leave all his sarcastic jabs behind.

No response arose from the snoring log on the bed.

“Kyle?”

"Kyle!"

Liz watched as Kyle actually moved this time.... to roll over in his sleep and bury his face into the pillow.

"Kyle!"

"....I don't wanna go to school today mom.....five more minutes....." came the voice from the pillow.

Rolling her eyes Liz leaned in even closer.

"KYLE!"

“It’s the damnedest thing isn't it?"

Liz turned to find Tess leaned against the bedroom doorframe. She was wearing one of Kyle's button up shirts and a pair of socks while holding a cup of coffee in her hand.

Tess stood up straight and walked over to the other side of the bed that Kyle was sleeping in.

"He sleeps like the dead you know? I swear a bomb could go off in here and he'd not even roll over."

"Yes I know" sighed Liz "He's been that way as long as I've known him."

"I’ve found that I could scream, throw water on his head, even blast the alarm clock in his ear and he will still lay there snoring as if he’s deaf.”

Sighing Liz shook her head and eyed Tess, “The only way I've found to wake him up is the smell of food being cooked.... bacon mostly. And I so don't want to do any cooking right now!"

Giggling playfully Tess got an evil smirk to her face.

"Ohhh there's another way I've found that will wake him up."

Liz watched as Tess sat the cup of coffee down on the nightstand and than bent down to Kyle's level of the bed. She pressed her full pink lips to his ear and whispered very seductively.

Kyle.... I so want to have sex with you right now, I’ve been dreaming of you all night long and –“

Before she could even finish her sentence Kyle's eye's popped open and faster than any of them could blink an eye he had reached out and flipped Tess onto the bed and jumped on top of her.

“Wait!” laughing hysterically Tess pointed up at Liz “You have a guest, and I think she has something very important to tell you.”

Craning his neck up from where he laid on top of Tess, Kyle glanced over to find Liz standing over them.

"Never pictured you for the voyeur type Liz," smirked Kyle.

Mentally counting to ten Liz rubbed her forehead wondering if her best friend would ever change.

"I need to talk to you Kyle."

Kyle looked between Liz and than Tess before saying.

"So...no sex?"

"No. No sex!" said Liz.

Tess with a pout on her lips only shook her head no.

“Well this totally blows" Kyle moaned as he rolled off Tess and back under the covers "Go away Liz I’m tired.”

Ignoring him Liz sat on the bed next to Tess to the immense annoyance of a man who thought he was about to get morning sex.

“I have to talk you, and it has to be now.”

Tess cuddled up to Kyle while whispering something in his ear that by the look on his face told Liz that she was promising him something very naughty if he would just listen.

Liz definitely was growing very fond of Tess with each passing day.

She never met a woman that could handle him quite like her.

Taking a deep breath Kyle rubbed his eyes and picked up a mug on the nearby night stand and took a big gulp of the hot caffeine fuelled coffee.

“Ok, I’m awake, literally” flickering a quick wink in Tess’ direction he looked back at Liz and immediately down at her ring finger.

“Wow the Rock of Gibraltar is still on your finger, I’m impressed.”

With a bright confident smile Liz reached for his hand.

“Kyle I’m here because I want you to be my maid of honor, so to speak.” Glancing towards Tess she smiled. “And of course I would love it if you were one of my brides maid Tess.”

Sitting straight up in bed Kyle spit out the mouth full of coffee he had just drank.

“Have you lost you’re mind?!”

Clapping her hands together Tess leaped into Liz’s arms full of excitement.

“Of course we’ll be in your wedding! Have you and Max picked a date? Because a May Wedding would be beautiful in the city and I know jus– “

Waving his hands in the air wildly Kyle interrupted Tess’ rant.

“Urm can we discuss this Maid of Honor crap for one second?! Because I sure the hell ain't no maid of honor...or a maid of anything!”

Tilting her head to the side as if she expected this response Liz started to pace his bedroom.

“Kyle I know how you are with all your macho manly bullshit ideas but this is my wedding and like it or not you are my best friend, hence the Maid of Honor position.”

Kyle shook his head vehemently, “If you think for one second that I’m going to carry flowers or walk down the aisle arm and arm with some dude Max has on his side than you have really lost your fruit loops Liz!”

Resting her hands on their hips both girls looked at him as if he was being unreasonable.

“Kyle its not like I’m asking you to wear a dress or anything like that, you’ll be wearing a tux like all the other guys. I really don’t see the problem here.”

Jumping in Tess’ voice raised to a high pitch of enthusiasm. “Babe, I’ll be standing right beside you! It’ll be so much fun! You have to do this, how long have you and Liz been best friends? Since you were twelve? You owe her this!”

Sitting in a chair in the corner of his bedroom Kyle suddenly became very calm.

“You know I don’t know why I’m getting all riled up about this. It’s not like you’re actually going to go through with this.”

Angrily Liz threw his jeans at him. “Please don't start Kyle.”

Trying his best to handle this subject with as much compassion as only he could Kyle lowered his voice and calmly sat her down.

“Liz, you forget I was there with you through the whole Todd fiasco. I remember what he did to you. I know you love Max, but honey, we both know what’s going to happen. You may make it till a month before the wedding, even a week but sooner or later you’re going to get scared and break it off.”

Liz looked off into space as if reliving some horrible memory then suddenly grabbed her purse and rushed out the door.

“I’ll talk to you two later.”

Sitting on Kyle’s lap Tess lifted his hair across his forehead. “What was that all about? Who is Todd?”

Pulling her close Kyle curled one of her flaxen locks around his finger and sighed.

“While Liz was in college she fell in love with this guy, a real asshole if you ask me but we never did agree on her boyfriends, that is until Max.”

Batting away his wandering hand that was trying to unbutton her shirt Tess urged him to continue. “So what happed between them?”

“Todd was her first love; she was completely devoted to him. He was all she thought about. He was a controlling fuck, demanded all her time and basically controlled her life. Before long her grades tanked.”

Shocked Tess whispered in disbelief. “That doesn’t sound like Liz at all.”

Nodding Kyle agreed. “It wasn’t, she totally changed, and became this pathetic person who basically did whatever he told her to do. He didn’t even like her hanging out with me. If that wasn’t bad enough he proposed in their senor year.”

Tess widened her eyes and pulled back in shock. “You mean to tell me Liz was married before?”

Shaking his head slowly Kyle sighed. “No it never got that far. She planned the wedding for almost a year; everyone was against it, her parents, friends… I hated the dick, but she was in love and there was no stopping her. Well that is until he stood her up at the alter.”

Leaping off of his lap Tess slapped her hands over her mouth. “No he didn’t!”

“Yep, he did, there she was in her Cinderella puffy white gown, two hundred people packed in a church, enough stuffed shrimp to feed an army, and he was no where to be found.”

Collapsing back on his lap Tess groaned. “Poor Liz, I can’t even imagine how painful that must’ve been.”

“Oh yeah, she was devastated, turns out he ran off with a girl he met at a bar a few months before the wedding. Word got back to her three months later that he eloped in Las Vegas.”

Tess buried her head in his shoulder and groaned even louder. “You are kidding me! What an asshole!”

“If you ask me it was all for the best. She didn’t belong with him that’s for sure but it took a long time for her to put her life back together again. She swore after that she would never get married, or fall in love for that matter. Ever since then the minute a guy gets even remotely serious with her she runs for the hills.”

Grabbing Kyle by the shoulders Tess gasped. “Kyle why did you bring this Todd guy up to her?? What if she gets cold feet again? You know Max is the right guy for her!”

Lifting her chin up he shook his head. “Tess it doesn’t matter that I brought him up, or that Max is the right guy, which by the way I agree with you that he is. Liz is going to run from this wedding. Maybe not tomorrow, or next month, but eventually, trust me babe it’s not going to happen.”

Slapping him on the chest Kyle reared back holding his skin as if she had actually hurt him.

“Hey what was that for?”

Standing Tess picked up Kyle's shirt from off the floor and threw it at him. She than began picking her own clothes up and put them on.

“Kyle we have to tell Max what happened to her. They need to talk about this! They belong together, we have to help them!”

From his spot on the bed Kyle shook his head

“I really don’t think this is any of our business, this is between Liz and Max.”

"This is totally our business!" shouted Tess as she grabbed her keys and made her way out of the bedroom.

"Hey wait a second..." Kyle shouted out "What.... what about the sex?!"

"NO SEX!" came Tess' shout from some where in the apartment "And hurry up and get dressed!"

Huffing Kyle grudgingly threw the covers back on the bed and felt around the floor for some clothes.

"Well this day just started and it already sucks!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting at home Liz couldn’t stop thinking about what Kyle had said.

She hated that he knew her so well; truth was it had been on her mind ever since Max had put the ring on her finger.

Wiping a tear from her cheek she pulled a shoebox out from under her bed and sat on the floor Indian style.

Flipping through the pictures of her and Todd she began to wonder if she was making a huge mistake.

It had taken her a whole year of her life to recover from him, and her feelings for Max far exceeded what she had ever felt for Todd.

Doubts swirled in her head as she wondered if Max hurt her if she would ever be able to recover from such a loss.

She stared at the girl in the pictures and didn’t even recognize herself. She had become a strong, independent, professional person who needed no one, a woman who could handle anything on her own.

It took so long and such hard work to get to this place she wondered what would happen if she suddenly lost it all again.

And what about Max?

What if she backed out at the last minute like she always had and broke his heart?

Throwing the box across the room she began to cry thinking that maybe the best thing for everyone is if she just walked away…even though it would be the hardest thing she’s ever have to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing outside Max’s door Kyle held his fist in the air still unsure if they were doing the right thing.

“I don’t know about this Tess. This is something Liz should tell him –“

Sighing Tess bypassed Kyle and knocked several times hard on his door.

“Kyle, We have to tell Max what happened to her –“

“But I promised Liz –“

Suddenly the door opened, Max was grinning from ear to ear.

“Hey you two! Did you hear the news! Liz and I are engaged!"

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Wrong Number (AU,M/L,T/K,Adult) chpt 16 3/3/11

Post by jake17 »

Ellie
Natalie
angelina
Ginger
Drogyn
Jan
SmileeUk
carolyn
Eve

thanks so much for all your sweet fb, it is so appreciated! :)

Chapter 16

"I think you broke him.”

Kyle waved his hand in front of Max's face without getting any response.

Rolling her eyes Tess reached up to yank Kyle's hand back.

“Don’t be ridiculous, he’s just … stunned is all.”

Tess’ voice was alarming high as she knelt before Max trying to get eye contact with him wondering if Kyle was right.

“Max sweetie Are you ok?”

Tess' soft sing songy voice was meant to calm Max, seeing that it didn't work Kyle had other ideas.

"Yo’ Max the building is on fire!"

Tess sighed before pushing him out of the way.

"Are you insane!"

Resting her hand on Max's back she silently wondered if Kyle had ever even heard of the word compassion.

"Max you're starting to worry me."

Running out of patience Kyle gently moved Tess out of the way and than used his fore finger and thumb to flick Max hard on the end of the nose.

"OW!"

That did the trick for Max jumped straight up grabbing the end of his nose

“Kyle! What the hell did you do that for!” moaned Tess

“What?" shrugged Kyle "He's awake now isn't he?!"

"Seriously Kyle, we really need to talk." Tess rolled her eyes.

"Gee fix a problem and get yelled at." muttered Kyle as he wondered over to Max's sofa, falling down to turn on the TV to get lost in ESPN.

Tess shook her head and ran for an ice pack before apologetically walking towards Max.

“I’m so sorry about Kyle, really he isn't as dim-witted as he seems." Whispering to herself she pinched the ridge of her nose. "lets hope."

Shaking his head Max peered over at the couch and laughed as Kyle sat hypnotized by the bright colors on the TV.

"It's ok, I'm sure there's a heart hidden in there somewhere deep, deep behind the beer and junk food."

Tilting her head Tess stared at him silently praying this was true.

"You know what Max, maybe he was right about one thing, maybe we shouldn’t have told you.”

Max waved off the ice pack as he leaned against the wall and shook his head despondently.

“No, I’m glad you did. I knew something was off, one second she seems really happy, the next her mind is lost somewhere. I just had no idea; I can’t believe she never told me about this. I can’t believe that bastard did that to her.”

Leaning beside him Tess tossed the ice back and forth in her hands deep in thought.

“Max you have to talk to her, you have to convince her that you would never hurt her.”

Unable to tear his eyes from Max’s fifty-two inch flat screen Kyle bellowed from the living room.

Not going to work! Liz cannot be talked into something, its not her way. Believe me I have vast experience in this subject. If you want her you’ll have to prove you’re different that that dick.”

Nodding to himself proud of his contribution he took another slug of his beer.

Turning towards Tess Max looked confused.

“Did something happen today? I’ve been calling her for hours and she hasn’t called me back, I assumed she was hanging out with you guys but now… “

Wincing Tess pointed towards her boyfriend on the couch.

“Kyle and Liz sort of had it out today, he brought this guy up and she kind of lost it and ran out.”

Quickly appearing behind him Max slapped Kyle upside his head, this was followed by and even more intense slap from his angered girlfriend.

“Hey! First with the yelling now the hitting, why am I getting abused here? I’m the only one trying to fix this mess!”

Infuriated Max grabbed the remote and shut the TV off.

“Hey! I was waiting for a score!”

“How the hell did you think you were helping by bringing that asshole up to her? You probably reminded her of everything! That’s why she’s not returning my calls! Seriously Kyle what’s wrong with you!”

Standing with her hands on her hips Tess shook her head disappointingly.

“I don’t think telling her that she’d never go through with the marriage was a good idea Kyle, it probably brought up all her insecurities – “

“You what!!”

Rolling his eyes at Max Kyle stood calmly and held his hands up for everyone to back off.

“Listen dude, I did that for you. I know her better than anyone, I’ve gone through every break up she’s ever had. I am telling you this would’ve happened eventually. At least now we have a chance to change things.”

Pacing back and forth Max was loosing patience with Kyle.

“I have a feeling I’m going to regret this but what do you mean at least now we have a chance

Sighing heavily Kyle seemed aggravated that he had to spell it out for them.

“Look I know Liz, right now she’s at home sitting on the floor drinking wine with her box of dashed dreams spread out in front of her. Every time she gets spooked she stares at her old wedding invitations and pictures of that scumbag until she gets all worked up and runs for the hills.”

Clenching his teeth enraged at this point Max tried to remain calm.

“Get to the point Kyle.”

Looking around at the two of them as if they were dense Kyle shrugged his shoulders.

“Ok fine, would you want this to be happening a week before your wedding? No, I just bought us some time, I’m a freaking genius, I just don’t understand why no one else sees this…”

“Bought us time for what honey?”

Puzzled Tess rubbed Max’s back trying to comfort him.

Grabbing the remote out of Max’s hand he resumed watching sports center and plopped down on the couch.

“Time to come up with a plan, something to sweep her off her feet, you know all that romantic bullshit you chicks are always babbling on and on about. God knows I can’t help you there but I tell you this much it better be good. She’s been through hell and its going to take a lot for her to believe in all that knight on the white horse crap again.”

Suddenly Max became very quiet as Kyle’s words sunk in.

Reaching for his coat he ran towards the door.

Running after him Tess gave Kyle a bewildered glance. “Wait! Where are you going!”

“I think your Neanderthal boyfriend may actually be onto something. I have to call in some favors, stay as long as you like, just lock up when you leave!”

Folding her arms in front of her Tess tilted her head to the side.

“Do you mean to tell me that you planned all of this?”

Shrugging his shoulders Kyle patted his lap for her to join him.

“What can I say, I like the guy, he’s good for her, and she deserves to be happy. I knew if I gave him a little heads up and a push we could avoid some disastrous situation.”

Smiling coyly Tess wrapped her arms around his neck resting her tiny frame on his legs.

“You know Kyle sounds to me that you’re the romantic in this scenario.”

Placing his beer on the end table Kyle quickly flipped her over pinning her to the seat of the couch.

“If I was would it get me some?”

Giggling softly Tess began to pull his shirt from his body as she whispered in his ear.

“I think you should quit while you’re ahead.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Racing down the street in a cab Max called Liz once more hoping she would pick up.

“H-Hello.”

It sounded as if she had been crying for hours, a fact that broke his heart.

“Liz honey, are you alright?”

Hesitating for a few seconds she desperately tried to get herself under control.

“M-Max we need to talk, I-I …”

Knowing what was coming Max cut her off quickly.

“Look Liz, I have to go out of town for a few days, a family emergency, I don't have time to explain now – “

“Max is everything ok?”

Trying to ignore the pain in her voice he did his best to put his plan in motion knowing that he probably only had one shot to prove that they should be together.

“Liz, I’m so sorry but my phone is dying, I’ll be back in two days then we’ll talk. I promise.”

Closing her eyes she hung her head dreading that she was going to have to wait that long to break his heart.

If it was anyone else she would write a letter or worse maybe even an email, but it was him, she had to do it face to face, she knew she owed him at least that much.

Holding his breath hoping that she would agree he listened closely as her voice cracked falling to a horse whisper.

“Ok Max, I’ll see you in a few days but then we really need to talk.”

Sighing with relief Max looked out the window as blurry city lights flew by his eye line.

“I love you Liz.”

Quickly he called Kyle’s cell as his adrenaline pumped furiously through his body.

“Max?”

“Kyle get off of Tess, I bought us some time but I need your help.”

“How’d you know –“

“Please Kyle I’m not an idiot.”

Growling grudgingly Kyle sat up and reached for his shirt.

Worried Tess gazed up at him. “What’s wrong? Is Max alright?”

Nodding Kyle listened for his instructions from Max and threw the phone on the couch.

Reluctantly Kyle looked down at his half naked beauty and began to put his sneakers on.

“Prince Charming needs our help.”

Rushing around Tess threw on her clothes before running up to him to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“You’re a saint.”

Holding the door open for her he nodded sarcastically.

“Oh yeah that’s me, Saint Kyle.”
Last edited by jake17 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Wrong Number (AU,M/L,T/K,Adult) ~Complete~ 6/19/11

Post by jake17 »

Ginger
angelina
Carolyn
Ellie
Jan
smillee UK
roswell3053

I just want to thank everyone above and all the lurkers for sticking with our little story for so long, all the fb has been so appreciated!

Since its been so long since we've update (my fault completely due to my crazy life) I just want to give a little review...

Liz has decided to call off the engagment due to a horrible experience in the past, thankfully Kyle and Tess has given Max a heads up about this and now Max has two days to come up with something that with show Liz that they are truly meant to be together, so along with help from Kyle and Tess he is hard at work trying his best to win back the love of his life...

I don't want to give anything away but I feel since a lot of the information in this last chapter was mentioned in the beginning of the story I want to refresh your memory just so everything makes sense. :)

Liz's passion, her escape, her dream you could call it is to be a artist herself. The only person she mentions this to is Kyle, because she lacks the confidence to believe that she has the talent to achieve this goal...

Also before they meet Max during those long phone conversations Max is so taken with Liz that he sketches her portrait even though he has no idea what she looks like beyond her dark hair and eyes that she describes to him...

I just want to dedicate this story to Killjoy, who without his amazingly romantic idea (yeah I said kj :wink: ) this would've have never been written, I seriously don't think It would've been the fic it turned out to be, (and won the award that we're so grateful for) without his incredible sense of humor and ability to write Kyle like no one else I've seen. Thanks kj, I had so much fun writing this with you...

I'm very grateful that you were spared from those horrible tornado's, even though you scared the hell out of me! :wink: thank god for those nine lives you have :wink: :) thank you so much for everything!

Chapter 17

Tucked away in a back booth in a darkened bar just out of the city Tess and Kyle spotted Max huddled over the table deeply concentrating on something.

Full of excitement Tess tugged on Kyle’s sleeve edging him past the bar towards Max.

“Oh I don’t think so, I’m not heading into this train wreck without a stiff one.”

"But you always have a stiff one," Tess smirked playfully at Kyle as she batted her eyelashes at him and tugged on the waistband of his pants.

"Only for you sweetie only for you," Kyle bantered back before getting serious "But I'm serious here....I really need a drink before I dive into this."

Rolling her eyes Tess kissed his cheek. “Fine, please get me a glass of white wine, I’ll meet you at the booth.”

Shaking the sleet from her coat and golden locks she sat across from Max anxiously waiting to hear his big plan.

The table was scattered with broken pieces of charcoal and several large sheets of thick antique looking paper.

Max was so immersed in what he was creating he completely missed the fact that Tess had even sat down.

Waving her hand in front of his face she giggled. “Max? Are you alright?”

Totally absorbed in his creation he faintly heard her soft voice and blinked his thoughts away before raising his reddened eyes up towards her.

A wide smile covered his exhausted face as he peered over her shoulder to see Kyle leaning against the bar yelling at the TV screen

“Nice to see you Tess, don’t tell me there’s another game on that he can absolutely not miss.”

"There is ALWAYS a game he can absolutely not miss," Rubbing her temples she shook her head. “Max it never ends, baseball, football, hockey oh did I mention basketball? I swear when he came out of the womb he must have had a tv remote already in his hand looking for sports channels on the hospital tv. I’m actually looking into a twelve-step program for him.”

Laughing Max rubbed his neck and leaned his achy back against the leather material searching for some relief from his all-nighter.

Noticing the bags under his eyes even under the dim lights of the bar Tess looked concerned.

“Max, have you been to sleep since we talked?”

Shaking his head he sighed deeply before blowing off the loose black reminisce of his work.

“No time, I heard it in her voice, she’s scared. This has to be perfect.”

Tess’ stomach churned wondering if she should even tell him just how bad Liz was doing.

Capturing her sad azure eyes he saw right through her.

“What is it Tess, you talked to her didn’t you, please tell me everything.”

Wishing immensely that Kyle would tear himself away from the TV and bring her that wine she finally got up the nerve to look him in the eye.

“Look I know you must have something amazing planned, and really I don’t know anyone who would go to these lengths to prove their love, God its just so romantic …but –“

His handsome face fell as he braced for the bad news.

Hesitating briefly she reached out her hand for him.

“Max, she’s made her mind up. I tried to talk to her …but it was just no use. She wants to end it.”

Seeing the pain in his face she couldn’t hold back the tears from welling in her eyes.

“I am so sorry, but you know maybe its not supposed to be this hard Max. Maybe there’s another girl out there who’s. …ready, someone perfect for you.”

Tess watched intently as the pain in his beautiful amber eyes melted into determination and flat out resolve.

“Tess nothing worth having in this world comes easy…especially someone as special as Liz. She’s the one, the only one. This isn’t about romance or proving anything…this is about making her see what is already there.”

His voice deepened falling to a husky whisper as he peered down at the image out in front of him.

“It’s magic Tess, can’t you see it?”

Angling the small flickering candle at the edge of the booth Tess gasped as she looked down at the paper in front of her.

Unable to speak she nodded quickly as tears spilled over her rosy cheeks.

Max smiled full of confidence knowing in his heart that this had to work.

“You fight for magic Tess, I can do this, all she has to do is see it too.”

Just then a deep groan followed by a deeper sigh was heard inevitably killing the moment.

“I feel like I just walked in on an episode of Oprah. Max, did you just find out you’re the illegitimate child of a serial killer or something? What’s with all the tears?”

Raising his eyebrows towards Tess Max sighed. “You sure about this one?”

Pulling him down to sit beside her she planted a kiss on his beaming face and reached for her wine.

“Believe me he has qualities that far out way his insensitivity and ignorance.”

Proudly Kyle nodded before realizing that maybe that statement wasn’t meant to be a complement, then upon further contemplation he weighed the importance of sex against intelligence and smiled deciding it definitely was.

This was right before they both screamed at him for almost placing his beer on the table.

Eyeing the offending material he almost ruined he thought for a moment then raised his lips to a smile that assured his approval.

“Nice job Max, I knew you were the one.”

Jumping in her seat with enthusiasm Tess leaned in taking Kyle with her.

“Ok so what do you need from us, anything …we’ll do anything to help.”

Mumbling under his breath Kyle’s disgruntled voice made a short amends to her promise.

“Anything that doesn’t involve me being a freaking bridesmaid that is.”

Max didn’t laugh in fact his demeanour looked deadly serious.

“Kyle, I know this may be hard to believe but my whole plan depends upon you.”

Surprised he sat back not thrilled with the insured responsibility he would soon be taking on he grimaced. “Me? Why me?”

“Kyle I have a hunch about Liz, something that I’ve come to believe, something that I think she keeps a secret but is actually very important to her, maybe even her dream. I could be wrong …but I’m betting everything that I’m dead on right. I need your help, I know you’re the only person she would share this with.”

Completely mystified Kyle stared back at Max a little worried that Liz’s entire fate rested on his shoulders.

“Max…what the hell are you talking about?”

Looking at the both of them he prayed that if they all worked together they could pull this off.

“Once I visited Liz at work and well, I saw something, something I don’t think I was supposed to see, this could be the key to everything.”

Smiling to himself it suddenly occurred to Kyle what Max had discovered. “Good job Evans, I didn’t think you had it in you.”

“If I’m right this may involve some illegal activity, are you both still in?”

Suddenly a very gun ho Kyle raised his beer in the air and bellowed his response.

“Well hell yay!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night

Holding his tired head in disbelief Max shook his head at Kyle.

“This is your full proof no way were going to get caught rock solid plan?”

Holding the crowbar above his head Kyle shrugged. “What? I promise you this will open the door.”

Aiming her flashlight at her turtleneck and short skirt Tess smiled cheerfully. “Well personally I’m happy we decided to all dress in black. It’s very classy, plus I feel all bad ass…like Mission Impossible or something! Plus black makes me look so much slimmer!!”

Max rested his head on the wall picturing the steel bars of jail he no doubted would soon be trapped behind when they were inevitably caught.

Raising her finger in the air Tess interrupted Kyle just before he smashed the lock.

“Not that I’m not all for this, I just would like to remind you both how many laws we’ve broken so far.”

Furrowing his eyebrows Kyle looked back at Max and winced.

“You know maybe we should’ve left her home, who the hell’s going to break us of the slammer if this goes south?”

Looking very offended Tess stomped her stylish black boot on the floor.

“We are not going to get caught! This is fate, and nothing gets in the way of fate. Kyle break the lock!”

Looking back at Max Kyle winked his eye devilishly. “Well you heard the lady Max what do you think?”

Nodding Max nervously answered. “Do it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

The next day …later on that night

“Tess I really would like to help you out but I really don’t feel like going out tonight. Max is coming home in the morning and you know what I have to do …”

Her voice trailed off in tears putting all the more pressure on Tess to set the plan in motion.

Resting her hand on her shoulder Tess sat beside her on her couch and handed her a tissue box.

“I know, and ordinarily I would never ask you to do this, but Liz my parents are only going to be in town for one night. I need a buffer between them and Kyle. Someone that knows when to reel him in so he doesn’t completely humiliate me or cause my dad to reach for his handgun, did I tell you he’s a retired cop?”

Liz managed to actually smile somewhat imagining Kyle at some fancy restaurant with one hand on Tess and the other wrap around a beer bottle while her parents sat back paralyzed with fear that their incredibly beautiful highly educated daughter may be in fact dating Charlie Sheen’s little brother.

She definitely felt sympathy for Tess but her heart was broken there was no way she could go out.

“Tess, is there anyway you could reschedule this dinner for another night? I know I could help you but it just can’t be tonight, there’s no way – “

“Kyle asked me to marry him!”

It was a dirty trick, an absolute desperate move but at that point Tess felt as if she had no other option.

“He What??”

Liz sat back and hugged her tissue box completely dumfounded. Forget the whole Mayan 2012 thing! The end of the world was here now! For the thought that the Kyle Valenti she knew would actually give up his freedom, or as he called it. ‘God’s given right to bang as many women as possible until they bury his cold dead satisfied body six feet under.’

Seeing that this very shocking news was actually momentarily snapping Liz out of her current crisis Tess breathed a sigh of relief.

She had succeeded; her part was done; now it was all up to Max.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing in the dark alley outside the back entrance of the three-story building that his boss was kindly nice enough to lend him for the night Max struggled with his tie.

“I don’t know Kyle what if she gets mad, I mean she could take this all the wrong way, maybe this was a mistake.”

Peering around the corner to the street Kyle slapped Max on the back and grinned widely.

“Well it’s too late now she’s here, now stop fucking with that stupid tie and get in there Rambo!”

"Rambo?"

"I thought you was the smart one." Kyle rolled his eyes "That hark my window guy who killed himself after banging that Juliet chick! You know...played by that Leonardo guy in that movie Tess made me watch with her last month!"

"I think you mean Romeo. Rambo was....."

"Whatever just get your ass in there and take care of business!"

Before he knew it Kyle had pushed him threw the door leaving him standing in the dark stunned like a deer in headlights.

“Shit.”

Standing in the pitch-black room he took a deep breath walked towards the front door.

Ready or not this was it.

“Tess I think we’re in the wrong place, it’s pitch black in here, are you sure about this restaurant?”

Turning around to find Tess gone Liz started to panic.

A quiet whisper drifted throughout the empty space forcing Liz to run right into Max’s arms.

“Now Kyle!”

At that moment the entire room lit up with tiny white lights that hung from the ceiling revealing his surprise.

It was beautiful, all her paintings, everything that she had ever completed were professionally placed on the walls under what appeared to be a night sky full of tiny twinkling stars.

Struggling to find her voice Liz breathed out in amazement and wonder.

“Max? What’s going …”

Falling against his broad chest for support she unconsciously gripped onto the lapels of his jacket completely dazed.

“Max…I don’t understand …how …how did you … do this?”

Tears welled in her bright chocolate eyes as she spun around looking at her life’s work properly framed and hung before her like a dream come true…her dream.

“It’s …those are…”

“It’s you Liz, it’s what you feel in your heart, what lies in your soul…” closing his eyes he pressed his lips to the shell of her ear whispering softly what was in his heart. “… it’s who I’m in love with.”

Blinking away emotional tears she took a moment to take in his sincere beautiful words.

Stopping briefly at every painting the memory of where the inspiration came from rose in her chest; each one was a tiny piece of her.

Spinning around she gazed astonishingly in his loving eyes trying to find the words.

“How did you even know, I-I never even told you I painted. “

Brushing a stray piece of hair from her pale pink lips he sighed as if she should already have known.

“Liz, its all you talk about, I knew that if you had that much passion for art your limits had to go beyond just restoring other people’s work. There was also that time I came to pick you up from work. You forgot to close that storage door in your workroom; I saw a few of the paintings. Liz, they were beautiful, they were scenes that you had described to me. Dreams you’ve had. I knew you painted them. I just had to be sure...and well Kyle caved.”

Chewing on her bottom lip Liz looked off into the distance past him as if she was in deep thought.

“Liz, please don’t be mad at Kyle, I really forced him to tell me.”

“Damn straight he did!”

“Kyle shhh!”

Laughing at the voices coming from the back room Liz took Max by the hand, “I’m not mad…at anyone.”

Suddenly Max’s eyes widened realizing that he forgot the most important part of the surprise.

“Wait, there’s something I want to show you.”

Taking her by the hand he led her into a very tiny room off in the corner of the room.

Right in the center of the wall that was completely lit with twinkling white tiny lights Liz gasped quietly while resting her hand on her heart, almost afraid that it would beat right out of her chest.

Framed in antique silver were two charcoal drawings side by side above a glass table lined with small white tea candles.

Her hands trembled as she slowly approached the first one.

Liz’s eyes glazed over with tears of joy lost in the portrait of a woman.

Biting her bottom lip she raised her fingertips ghosting over the dark greyish lines that were obviously created out of love.

Her eyes followed the woman’s raven hair as it splayed across her bare delicate shoulders.

His attention to detail was incredible as her wide eyes fell to the stray few hairs that floated effortlessly across her parted full lips and high prominent cheekbones.

Her head was tilted seductively to the side posed by her graceful hand but it was her expression that truly captured her heart leaving her speechless.

Long dark feathered eyelashes drifted downward as her sultry mysterious gaze pierced the paper capturing her very essence of sensitivity and strength in the most demure way.

It was stunning.

Unable to take her eyes away from the drawing she stood frozen before feeling his strong warm arms come from behind her encasing her against his hard protective chest.

“Do you remember this?” His hoarse deep tone wafted lightly against her ear as he nuzzled her neck lovingly. “I drew this sketch of you before we even met, when all I had to go by was your sound of your sweet voice.”

Staring at the drawing completely captivated by her he brushed his lips to her neck continuing his speech.

“Night after night we would talk for hours and I would lay in bed wanting to touch you, to feel your silky hair, to touch your soft lips. The more I got to know you, the deeper I fell in love the faster your image came to me. This is how I see you Liz, you are... beautiful.”

Turning her gently he lifted her chin up towards his sincere gaze.

“When I met you for the first time it became so clear, we were meant to be, its how I was able to draw this image that looks exactly like you. I see what’s in your heart, the strong powerful intelligent woman that you are and the frightened shy girl that hides behind those big sensitive eyes. I love all of you, and I always will.”

Gazing back up at the painting she was left speechless, her arguments fell like dust at her feet.

Reaching for her shaky hand again he smiled searching her face for an answer.

“There’s more …look…”

Gasping quietly she glanced up at the most intimate romantic fairytale house she had ever seen.

“Do you recognize it?

Nodding mesmerized she let his hand go and walked closer to the sketch.

Breathless she was barely audible.

“Its from the painting I did last year, It’s where I go in my head whenever I’m lost or confused…when I need to feel safe.”

Covering her mouth with her fingertips her voice broke with emotion.

“It’s my dream house.”

Stunned she raised her fingertips hovering carefully over the perfectly drawn lines in awe.

“Max, it’s a beautiful house.”

Staring at it as though he had physically stood inside the four walls himself he stepped behind her and pulled her close wrapping his arms around her.

“It’s not just a house Liz. It’s our house.”

Lacing his fingers through hers he whispered causing Tess and Kyle to walk closer to them so they could hear better.

“Max…its beautiful but …how…I mean we can’t afford - “

Turning her to face him he handed her blueprints rolled up tight with a white ribbon tied with a perfect bow.

“We’re breaking ground in two weeks; I found a small little country town in Connecticut not far from the city. It wasn’t easy but I called in a few hundred favors. In six months it will be yours …for real…if you want it Liz.”

Astounded Liz held the plans tight to her chest letting the white ribbon fall gently against her dress.

Her eyes immediately fell to a balcony on the second floor leading to tall thin French doors.

“What is that?”

Smiling he raised his fingers outlining the romantic scrolled designs along the balcony.

“I hope you don’t mind I made a few adjustments to your original plans.”

Kissing her hand he went again down on one knee.

“Its your room Liz, your very own place to create your dreams, to paint whatever you want. No more hiding, you are an artist Liz, its time you started believing in yourself like I do.”

Casting her watery eyes down as he knelt on the floor she cried openly happy tears.

“Please Liz take a chance, live your dream with me. I promise I’ll be there through the good times and the bad. I love you, please… say you’ll marry me.”

“Good lord Liz if you don’t say yes I will! Answer the poor boy!”

Slapping her hand across Kyle’s mouth Tess waved her hand for them to continue.

“Sorry, just pretend we’re not here!”

Laughing Liz shook her head silently happy that her best friend was there to share this with her.

Looking back at Max she nodded quickly and was immediately scooped up by his strong arms and spun around.

Watching from the shadows as the soon to be married couple kissed Kyle whispered against Tess’ ear.

“Ok miracle worker, spill it, how the hell did you convince Liz to come here tonight?”

Completely captured by the romantic scene in front of her Tess wistfully revealed to Kyle what she had to resort to doing.

“Oh my God, your going to love this, she wouldn’t budge so I had to tell her that you asked me to marry you and she had to come with me for support when I introduced you to my parents.”

Giggling Tess didn’t notice Kyle unusual silence.

“You’re kidding?”

Waving her hand in the air laughing quietly she nodded. “Yep, Liz was so shocked, I think she was half way paralyzed on the way down here. Can you believe she actually bought it?”

Suddenly Tess felt her hand being pulled downward.

“Kyle what? Oh my - “

Stunned beyond belief Tess found Kyle on his knee (something Max insisted on)…

Slipping the very large elegant diamond ring on her finger he winked up at her brimming with happiness at all the sex he knew this would bring him.

“Actually I can believe it. So what do you say Tess…

…will you marry me?”

Unable to form the word she just nodded.

Breaking their kiss Max glanced over to the happy couple and grinned.

Confused Liz looked back at Max. “What’s going on with those two?”

Pressing his forehead to hers he smiled. “How do you feel about a double wedding?”

Stunned Liz threw her arms around his neck and held him tight, “I love you Max.”

Closing his eyes he whispered back as he lifted her off the floor.

“I love you Elizabeth.”

It seemed that wrong number had been right all along….

~ the end ~