To Hell and Back (CC / Adult) (WIP)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Majesty
Addicted Roswellian

To Hell and Back (CC / Adult) (WIP)

Post by Majesty »

Winner Round 5

I know it's been forever, but I had promised that I would update this, and I finally finished the next part.

Here's the link to all the previous parts. I am sure you'll have to refresh your memory, as it's been quite awhile. :wink:

To Hell and Back Pro- Pt 29

I'm not really happy with this part, but it's been weeks of thinking about it, and sometimes you have to just bite the bullet, for better or worse.

So here it is, posted in two parts due to length.

To Hell and Back – Countdown to Confrontation

Part 30

Cal stood in the shadows fringing the parking lot of the hotel in the early hours before dawn. Smoke rolled from his mouth as he took another deep drag off of the cigarette, it’s smoldering tip the only thing visible in the darkness surrounding him. His stoic stance belied the sense of nervousness, of anticipation that had seeped into his alien bones. He was expecting anything.

The seal had melded itself, had become whole again. Something primal, wholly not human told him so. He had felt the rush of power in the very air around him, almost frightening in its intensity. His King was back.

His cell phone rang, and he took it out of his pocket.

“Langley,” he barked.

He stood silent, listening, stunned for a moment, for it was Max speaking on the other end of the phone.

His eyes narrowed as he listened to his King, healed and whole, confirming what he’d already felt an hour before.

The girl had accomplished what no one else could. She’d restored the King of Antar.

Maybe there was hope for all of them yet.

A small smile crept over his face as he listened to the kid give him an order. It didn’t irritate him as he thought it would. For the first time, Max was thinking with a clear head, with nothing clouding his judgment.

His power was restored. The seal was within him now, made stronger by his bonding with the human girl.

He was to go and keep watch over Isabel. It was she they would come after now, thinking her child had the seal. It was she that needed protection.

Max could now handle himself.

His eyes widened slightly, as Max spoke again, thinking for a moment that he hadn’t heard him right. But he had. There was no mistaking it.

“You got it kid,” he said, and ended the call.

Max had just offered Cal his freedom if they got through all of this alive. It was almost incomprehensible to him. He had been tied to the kid for almost 50 years, and the possibility of true freedom left him momentarily stunned.

If they defeated Khivar, he could choose to do as he wished. But accomplishing that was going to be a tough task.

Max was right. They would come for Isabel’s child. It didn’t surprise him, for he’d always known that Khivar would have done anything for the seal. Only now, they thought it lay with Isabel’s unborn child. Serena was keeping her watch outside of Isabel’s apartment, where she was shacked up with the Sheriff’s kid. But it wasn’t only Khivar they had to worry about now. Tess’s hatred for the boy he had come to call “The Brat King” had to be factored into this equation.

Now they had to be prepared for anything. But, for the first time, he really felt this group was prepared. He felt the bond between them strongly, something he had never anticipated.

Max was more powerful than he’d ever been, bolstered by the bond he had with the human girl.

When Max had come to LA and had found him the fall before, Cal saw a flailing King, one unworthy of his protection. He had single-handedly ruined everything Cal had worked fifty years to attain.

Cal threw the cigarette to the ground in disgust. He couldn’t taste it and received none of the effect from it that nicotine was purported to induce. Nothing...no taste, no calming of the nerves.

Outwardly, he knew he appeared as cool as a block of ice. But inside, his mind was trying to create every possible scenario for what could happen.

Everything rode on this. The fate of his old home and probably his own life rested on how this went down.

It was true that he had lost respect for his liege, but now he'd found it again through Max’s human mate. She was not any ordinary human girl by any means. He had not once in all of his years witnessed a human risk everything to save the life of their mate. Sure, sometimes the stories came out about some guy that had died pulling his wife out of a house fire only to end up crisped because he ran out of time. But that was different. People make rash decisions in the heat of the moment.

Liz fell in love with an alien. And she knew he was an alien. She knew the trouble it could cause her. She knew her life would never be the same. And yet she gave up everything to protect him. She put her own life in danger to protect his, something Cal himself hadn’t done in fifty years. Even after the kid turned to dust she didn’t let it lie. She risked her life again to bring him back from whatever purgatory Tess has thrown him in.

Liz was an enigma, the prophecy his people hadn't dared to believe in, and he had come to believe that if she found something worth protecting in Max then there had to be something redeemable about him, something he hadn’t seen in his time on Antar. Something the humanity mixed in his DNA had brought out in him.

The humanity softened all of them, save Tess. She had been raised by Nasedo and that explained a lot.

Michael was impulsive and temperamental. He always had been, even on Antar. But now it was tempered with his attachment to the humans who had broken through his walls.

Isabel had been untouchable, snobbish in her disdain for the people beneath her on Antar. It was only her attachment to the humans that softened the icy demeanor she had adopted.

And Max...Max had been controlling and obstinate. He had loved his King enough to take an oath to protect him with his own life, but his initial disappointment in the boy’s actions here on Earth had made him doubt his decision. Now to his amazement he realized that Max was a better man than he ever was on Antar.

It was his love and respect for Liz that had nurtured the gentleness he now saw in his King. It was the human girl who balanced him out.

Cal loved humanity more than he would admit out loud to anyone. He had grown to love this world more than his native one. Serena had more loyalty to their old world than he had. If they could free Antar in the process of all of this, then it would be an added bonus.

And he would be free....

He got into his car and called Serena, telling her he was on his way and would explain everything when he got there.

Khivar and Tess would have no idea what hit them if they came here to kill Max first. They no longer had anything to hold over his head, and he was more powerful than he had ever been.

He could almost forgive Max for the trouble he’d caused him the fall before. Almost.

“What did he say?” Liz asked, as Max settled in next to her on the bed once more, putting Liz’s cell phone on the table next to the bed.

It had been hours since Cal and the others had left. She had no idea how long the two of them had been wrapped in the healing of the seal, but it had long ago grown dark.

“Not much,” Max said, with a touch of disbelief. “It was almost like he already knew.”

“Well, he is your protector,” she said, stroking his cheek.

“Yeah, I guess,” he said. “But I still expected some sort of argument.”

“Um...I don’t think even I would have argued with you, the way you were speaking,” she chuckled. “It was different. I don’t know how to explain it. You’re different.”

But then her smile faded and he knew she was sensing the unease that had been creeping up on him for the past half-hour. For a time, the emotion of feeling fully connected to her finally, had swept everything else to the background.

He knew the both of them had changed, but she didn't know that the confidence he had projected when talking to Cal was not completely real. But it was the one thing he knew he could control.

What he couldn't control was the unwanted apprehension over what was inevitably going to happen between he and Liz.

How could he be so unbelievably happy and so scared at the same time?

He knew that physically, there was nothing to worry about. Michael had told him that nothing unusual had happened with Maria.

But his only comparison he had was what had happened between he and Tess, and he was desperately trying to push those memories away. He didn't want anything to mar what he had waited for his whole life.

He wasn't going to let it happen. He wasn't.

"What's wrong Max?" Liz asked, a worried frown crinkling her brow.

Max shook his head, determined not to let something he wanted more than anything to forget come between the two of them.

“Everything I thought was true was a lie,” he said softly. “Who would have thought that would make me the happiest I’ve ever been in my life?”

He turned to her, pushing her hair away from her face.

“It was because of you. Everything I thought was true wasn’t. Everything except you...how you feel about me. How you’ve always felt about me,” he said. “I have something to fight for now, the people I love. And for the first time I can do it on equal footing. Cal and Serena will protect Isabel, and I can protect the group now. We can fight them together.”

She smiled at him and nodded.

His eyes roamed her face, hungrily drinking in her unguarded expression, something he hadn't seen in so long.

“I love you so much,” he whispered.

He hadn’t needed to say it, because Liz could feel it bathing every cell in her body, but hearing those words fall from his lips once again caused her brown eyes to moisten with tears.

He smiled, as she blinked back her tears.

"Don't cry," he whispered.

"I'm sorry," she said, her voice trembling. "Just...seeing you smile, I..."

He could sense her feelings, impressions. He could sense her happiness. He knew that his smile was even more beautiful to her now that she knew that she had come so close to never seeing it again. That thought made everything more precious; the sparkle in his eyes, the husky music of his voice, the silky texture of his dark hair as she ran her fingers through it.

The feeling of his body pressed against hers, the safety of his embrace, the fire of his lips on her own. The healing power of his hands, the warm caress of his breath on her neck, the whispered words of adoration, and the powerful connection they once again shared. But most of all, it was the love she felt crashing over her, something she hadn’t felt in its purity for so long.

He shifted to lie over her, his elbows supporting most of his weight. His fingers framed her face, caressing with reverence. She wanted him to make love to her. She wanted him to complete what had been started the day she'd been shot in the Crashdown.

“I’d always dreamed this moment would be different,” he said wistfully. “I wanted it to be in some perfect place, without any of this hanging over us.”

She shook her head as her eyes met his.

“Don’t you know me by now?” she asked. “I don’t care where we are. As long as I’m with you, it will always be perfect.”

He wished that he knew that would be true, but he was afraid of what she would see in his heart, the anger he felt toward Tess for what she'd done to him, the helplessness he felt.

He glanced around the room, looking to change it, looking for a diversion.

“Don’t,” she said in a soft voice, and his eyes met hers.

“I just think this should be real. It should be what it is. I don’t love you because you can make things beautiful with a wave of your hand. I love you just because you’re Max,” she said.

“That’s all I ever wanted. The rest of it is just a bonus,” she said.

His eyes roamed her face for a long moment, and then he pulled himself up, reaching for her hands pulling her up until she was kneeling at eye level with him.

He leaned forward to brush his lips against hers. It was a kiss filled with promise, laced with tenderness, and filled with love.

He had only been kissed by one other girl and he'd been helpless against it. It made him ill to think that she had forced herself on him from the beginning. From the moment she had arrived in Roswell, she had caused them all nothing but trouble.

His fingers rested on her neck over her pulse, close to her jaw, and she felt the warmth that radiated from them through her entire body.

Liz lifted her hand to cover his while his other hand snaked around her waist, pulling her closer.

Again he caught a glimpse of Liz's emotions. He could feel that she thought that there was and would never be anything to compare to being in his arms. Before Tess, it had never mattered what had been going on around them. The moment she'd felt his touch or the strong cadence of his heartbeat against her ear, she’d always somehow known that he would never let anything happen to her. And he wouldn't have. He would have fought with his last breath to protect her.

For him, this moment was a dream he had almost believed would never happen. In fact, he’d been resigned that he would never again feel her in his arms.

He hadn’t fully grasped everything that had happened to him, and he still wasn’t completely sure it was real.

The feeling of Liz’s velvet lips against his, the brush of her tongue rolling against his own lit a fire within his body, one that he had felt only for her. It was always Liz.

Liz, who had never asked anything of him, who until a few years ago had seemed impossibly out of his reach.

She trusted him completely. She trusted him with her life and with her heart.

Her warm lips moved to his neck, making his pulse race as she nipped at his skin. His body responded in kind and he gasped, her desire rolling at him through their connection.

Her hair teased the top of his hand at her waist, silky and light.

Her body was pliant in his hands. His fingers slipped beneath her tank top, sliding against her smooth warm skin.

She was just...she was perfection. But he had known that from the moment he had seen her all those years ago.

She sighed as his fingers followed the curve of her spine, pulling back to span her ribcage.

She was so pliant, so trusting that he wouldn’t hurt her. She had made a choice, to give herself to him, something he hadn’t had when Tess had followed him to the observatory that night.

In an instant, that feeling of unease again swept over him, the aftermath of his memory of the nightmare he’d lived in the observatory prickling his mind.

Liz stilled, and he knew she was sensing his turmoil. She pulled away from him slowly, cupping his cheek.

His lungs were expelling his harsh breath rapidly his desire mingled with fear, and it made him angry. He was disgusted with himself for letting thoughts of the most horrific night of his life to invade these precious moments with Liz.

“Max, maybe we shouldn’t...maybe you’re not ready for this,” she whispered, concern filling the mink depths of her eyes.

He shook his head violently.

“No,” he said in a fierce voice, “I’m not letting her ruin this too.”

Max could see her heart in her eyes, and it made him want to weep. The pad of her thumb stroked his jaw.

"It's not a question of ruining anything, Max," she said gently. "It's a question of whether you're ready. You've been through a lot. But you have a choice now. You'll always have a choice with me."

Max blinked back his tears as his eyes drank in her features. How he loved this face. She leaned back, lying back on the bed, and he lay down beside of her, resting his head against her chest.

"I used to dream about this," he whispered. "Every night, before you were shot, I wondered what it would be like to know you, to really know you. I never expected you to love me back."

"How could I not love you, Max?" she asked. "You are everything I had ever dreamed about. Knowing that you could feel that way about me, that you risked everything for me, sometimes it just didn't seem real. But I know what we have is real, and nothing can touch that. No one can touch that."

He lowered his head, unable to meet her eyes.

She lay back on the bed, taking his hand.

"Max," she whispered, and he raised his eyes to meet hers.

"I love you," she said, and a strangled sob burst from his lips.

She took his hand and placed slid it under her tank, letting it rest against the soft skin of her stomach.

"This is where you healed me," she said. "You saved my life. You need healing now. We'll do it together."

Her hand dropped from his to her side, leaving his fingers pressed against her skin.

His fingers caressed her silky skin.

"I'm afraid, he said in a broken voice. "I'm afraid of what you'll see. I'm afraid of how I'm feeling about what happened with her."

"You're angry," she observed in a quiet voice.

"I don't know what I am anymore," he said with a shaking his head in torment. "For months, there was nothing else for me to do but think about it. I never thought I could hate someone so much. I never thought that someone could be so...evil."

"She made you feel powerless, Max. But you're not powerless anymore. You're not," she said meaningfully.
"I know," he said, his throat tightening as he looked down at her.

There was a short silence between them, and he leaned over to press his lips against hers. He pulled away slowly, his eyes following his hand with uncertainty as his fingers traced the skin of her abdomen.

He felt the sharp stab of her desire at his touch, and started to pull his hand away. She reached up and grasped his fingers, bringing them to her lips, pressing soft kisses against them, before dropping her hand again to her side.

Max held his fingers to her lips for another instant and then trailed them lower, down her chin, to the erratic pulse throbbing in her throat, the tips of his fingers finally resting over her heart. He took a deep breath, his body hardening despite his trepidation, knowing that its rapid beat was because of him.

He glanced up and saw that she was watching him. She smiled shyly at him, and a quick flash of the two of them making out in the back of his jeep flashed through his mind.

A smile flitted across his face. Those stolen moments seemed like a lifetime ago, and yet only yesterday all at the same time.

They'd been so innocent then, and their fight had been with the FBI, not one of his own. Their frantic, naïve touching and kissing had been frustration and sheer bliss all at the same time. He remembered Liz's shy, eritc blush as he'd tentatively touched her breast for the first time. He'd been nervous, but it had been a different kind of nervous. It was nervousness of the unknown, the naivete of an inexperienced boy. An inexperienced alien boy.

When she'd touched him back then, he'd thought his whole body was set afire. Looking at her now, he felt the stirrings of the same burning, consuming desire for her. His need for her had always been a battle against his own will, because it had been so hard not to take things too far, out of fear for her safety. He wished now that they had taken that chance, that he would have had that memory to obliterate the nightmare of Tess' manipulation.

"You can touch me Max," Liz whispered in a husky voice.

He couldn’t not touch her. With shaky fingers, his hand moved to her breast covered by the soft cotton of her shirt. His hand outstretched, he traced his index finger over the soft swell of the underside, feeling the peak stiffen instantly through the material as he brushed across it. She drew in a deep breath and he felt another sharp pang of need through their connection, but she was holding it in check. His finger paused there, his pants suddenly becoming uncomfortably tight against his growing erection straining against them. She didn't move, remaining completely still, though she never took her eyes off of him.

A white-hot burst of desire rolled through his body, and Liz gasped, her pupils dilating. He looked at her in wonder. She was feeling what he was feeling, and he could feel the slow burn in her body that she was desperately trying to harness, for his sake.

His finger traveled downward, grazing across soft cotton until it once again met the warm bare skin of her abdomen.

He trailed his finger over her navel, watching her stomach flatten as she drew in a deep breath. He could see what she couldn’t, and his eyes widened as he saw the glowing trail his touch left behind, just like that night in Michael’s apartment.

“Liz,” he whispered in awe. “You’re...glowing.”

She lifted her head slightly to see, and smiled when she saw the golden trail his touch was leaving behind.

She laid her head back on the bed and sighed.
“Only you can do that to me, Max,” she whispered.

“I always wished that I could do the same to you. What was it you said to me? That you glowed on the inside?” she said with a shy smile.

“I did,” he said, meeting her eyes. “Always. No one could ever make me feel like you do.”

And in his own words he found the truth. No matter what Tess had done, she couldn’t touch his heart, his soul like Liz Parker could, with a mere look, a simple touch. Tess could never touch that part of him, the most secret place inside of him that Liz had always owned.

He looked at her lying before him, her skin flushed with desire, her love for him shining in her eyes, and he realized that nothing that could happen from here on out could break the bond that was between them. Nothing but death could ever take them from each other, for the truth had been laid bare for the both of them to see, and in it they had found their way back to each other.

His hands spanned her waist, his thumbs stroking her velvet skin, before he lifted them to move to the button on her pants. She nodded at him, reassuring him, and he freed it, pulling the zipper down carefully.

Sliding his hands under the fabric, he moved the flaps down, exposing the soft material of her panties. His fingertips stroked the material, his eyes focused on them.

A soft sigh fell from her lips at his touch, yet still she remained unmoving, her hands on the bed at her sides.

He leaned over, his hands at her waist to press a tender kiss to the sensitive flesh near her navel, then rubbing his cheek against the smooth skin.

He felt her desire rise and ebb through the connection they now shared, as her back arched slightly pressing her skin closer against his cheek.

His hands slid her pants down further, her hips rising slightly from the bed to accommodate him. He drew a deep breath, his palms sliding against the smooth skin of her thighs.

Sliding up on the bed, his hands framed her ribs, pulling her tank up and over her head, discarding it on the bed beside her.

He had almost forgotten to breathe, seeing her lying before him, her hair fanned across the pillow, her chest rising and falling in ragged pants, her breasts creamy expanses, punctuated by rosy nipples stiffening as the air hit them.

It was the first time he’d ever seen her like this. The stolen moments they’d had together had always been in the jeep, in the dark, in the cramped backseat, but those moments paled in the light of this one, with nothing between them, no deceptions, no concerns for what might happen, nothing diminishing their connection.

She was perfect, from her glorious hair, to the soft flare of her hips, the shapely vision of her legs.

“You’re so beautiful, Liz,” he said, and her cheeks flushed a deeper pink.

His hand rested on her hip as he stroked her hair, looking into the fathomless depths of her eyes. In them, he saw promise for the future, the hope he hadn’t dared to dream, the love that he hadn’t the courage to believe could still exist. But it did. It had never gone away.
Last edited by Majesty on Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Majesty
Addicted Roswellian

Part 30 (cont'd)

Post by Majesty »

She wanted to touch him, burned with the need to touch him, yet she forced her hands to remain at her side, gripping the sheets beneath them.

She knew that every reaction, any advance she might make could shatter the fragile courage that Max still possessed. Tess had done unspeakable things to him, taken his choice from him.

She needed Max to know that whatever happened between them would be his decision, his choice.

But it was hard.

She longed to feel his skin against hers, like she had the night before. But that had been different, an action more of comfort than desire. Tonight had changed everything, and every touch, every kiss was a movement that brought them ever closer together.

She had felt his fear only moments before as if it were her own, and in this moment, his love, his desire had clouded that fear. But it lurked just below the surface, and the last thing she wanted was to be the person that brought it back.

So she lay absolutely still as his fingers brushed against her skin and he undressed her with tender care, fighting the primal urge to reach out for him, to take that choice away.

Her need for him curled in the pit of her stomach, blood racing, heart pounding, air a precious quantity.

Still, she waited, as his hands ran down her thighs, caressing her skin, worshipping her, discovering her in a way he never had before.

Now, she lay bare before him, a tiny shred of cotton the only barrier between her and his hands as he stroked the hair at her temples.

You’re so beautiful Liz...

No more beautiful than he.

She thought her mere words wouldn’t have been enough, but she didn’t have to voice them, because he felt it, just like she felt him.

His hand cupped her breast and she stifled a moan. He had been reborn incomplete, and she had completed him.

She wanted him to complete her, but she could wait. She would wait until the stars burned out of the sky, if that’s what it would take.

His fingers brushed against her bare nipple, and she arched into them, her eyes closed, lips parted in a soundless cry.

Her fingers gripped the sheets ever more tightly, her tenuous grip on her desire for him testing her will more than it ever had before, for it was not just her body that cried out for his touch, but her very soul.

She opened her eyes to see the look of wonder on his face as her body responded to his touch.

The word “alien” was such a misnomer, she thought in a haze, the connotations completely absurd to her.

Most people would never discover what “alien” had come to mean to her. For it didn’t mean strange, supernatural, an outsider.

Alien to her was everything Max was, tender, loving, healing, strong. It didn’t matter that he was another species, for in their hearts they were the same, kindred, companions, soulmates, and physiology was irrelevant.

They had fought many battles and endured much heartbreak to arrive at this moment in time, but even a dreaded destiny couldn’t keep them apart.

The love she saw in his eyes hadn’t faltered, it had never faded even when her eyes had told her he had moved on, forgotten what was between them. It remained deep within the most secret places in his mind, his only link to his sanity.

It was the thought of this that had given her the strength to lie still as he lit a fire within her body.

He sat up and pulled his t-shirt over his head, and for a few long seconds, she forgot to breathe.

The light played over the contours of his chest, shadows accentuating the gifts that nature, or rather genetics had given him.

Her whole body tensed with the need to reach out for him. She had touched him so many times within the last few days, but not one of them held the magnitude a mere touch from her could mean now. For now every touch was fragile, important, momentous.

“Max,” she whispered, “when I told you that you could touch me, I didn’t mean...we don’t have to...I just wanted you to know that you could, that I wanted you to, that I trust you. I don’t want you to feel like I...”

She fell silent as he reached for her hand and placed it against his thundering heart.

“I want you to touch me. This makes me feel alive,” he said. “You make me feel alive.”

Her lips curled into a smile as she lifted herself from the bed, her hand never leaving his skin. She searched his eyes for a long moment and searched his soul, trying to sense fear or hesitation, and she found none.

She was so close to him now that she could feel his breath on her cheek, warm and silky. She longed to feel his lips on her skin. She craved his touch. He pulled her still closer, his arm surrounding her, trapping her hand between them as tender fingers drew her hair from her neck.

Warm velvet lips caressed her neck, sending a shiver down her spine. Warm heat unfurled in her body as his tongue grazed her pulse.

Her whole body was trembling with her hunger for him.

“Max,” she sighed, falling further against him as she was overcome with sensations familiar and yet not.

She turned her head slightly toward him and his lips crashed against hers, hungrily, his desperate need for her flaring through their connection, heightening her own.

His kiss was searing, consuming, his tongue sliding against hers, a low growl muffled by their lips.

Her hands fell to his waist, and they fell to the bed, his weight only fueling her craving to feel him inside of her.

Nothing could or would ever compare to this.

Nothing.

Making love was an affirmation of life, and he wanted to live, he wanted to be one with the only girl he had ever loved. He wanted to be one with her in every way possible.

He had been destroyed and had risen from the ashes, and together he and she could conquer anything.

Tears welled in his eyes at the gift the universe had given him, in the form of a perfect human girl, someone who loved him with everything she was and everything she had.

Her legs twined with his, as they fell to the bed.

Within her arms was the only place he could ever truly call home, where he ever felt complete.

Muted murmurs of love fell from her lips, whispers that would forever be burned in his mind and heart, much like this night.

As their breath mingled amid tender kisses, he knew that he would never be the same.

He wasn’t sure when they’d lost the rest of their clothes, or how exactly it had happened, but it wasn’t really important, for the feel of her body against his, soft and inviting had reduced their world to pure sensation, touch, taste, whispered need.

Her lips on his, the slide of her fingers on his back, trailing upward and then down, the press of her breasts against his chest, the feel of her warm heat pressing against his arousal, her very soul caressing his touched all of his senses. It shortened his breath, quickened his heart, flooded his senses.

He had known for a long time what it was to be in love, but nothing had prepared him for the love she felt for him, amplified by their connection, stronger because of what they had been through.

Tonight, he would give her the only gifts he had to give, his heart, mind and soul.

For the first time, he touched her in places he hadn’t dared, feeling the slick glide of his fingers as he caressed her most secret places.

She called out his name in a whisper, filled with longing.

“Touch me, Liz,” he said, his words muffled against her throat.

The tentative skimming of her fingers as she stroked him was exquisite torture, and he trembled violently at her touch.

His lips once again sought hers, almost overcome by her need that was mingling with his as his finger slipped inside of her.

She arched against him once again, his name a prayer on her lips as she broke free from his.

He slid his arm underneath her, keeping her body pressed against his, knowing that if she continued her ministrations, he wasn’t going to last much longer.

The tip of his arousal was pressed against her silky core, and she met his eyes once more, the depths of hers darkening with a plea for release.

“Please Max,” she whispered, unable to hold back any longer.

Time stood still, seconds frozen in their minds, their eyes locked in silent understanding.

This moment would never come again. It could never be undone. It would never be forgotten. This moment would bond their hearts together for eternity.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you,” she said, as he slowly entered her.

She was heaven, warm and enveloping, slowly drawing him inside of her until he could go no further.

There was no other sound but their breathing, no other sensation but their hearts pounding together. No other sight but their eyes locked together.

And then the world crashed down around them.

He knew there would be pain for her, and he felt it as she did, a sharp burning sting as the thin sheath tore inside of her. They cried out together, matching tears welling in their eyes. Her fingers tightened on his back.

“I’m sorry,” they whispered together, he because he had caused her pain, and she because she knew he had felt it with her.

A smile flitted across her lips through her tears, and he brushed his cheek against hers.

They were still for a long moment, until she brushed her lips against his.

She felt him throbbing within her. He felt it.

And the pain was receding, replaced by the smoldering desire, the need that had threatened to consume her only moments before.

She moved tentatively against him, feeling him slide still deeper before she shifted and felt him glide along her silken walls.

Their movements were slow, restrained, tender at first.

Her thighs slid against his hips, pulling him in deeper, their kisses deepening, becoming urgent, their tongues melding muffling the sounds of their passion.

Max felt her reaching out for him, her soul crying out for his, and he answered the call, his essence mingling with hers as their bodies cried out for release.

His hips moved faster, her legs wrapping around him as his arm lifted her completely from the bed, joined in heart mind and body.

She clung to him, unable to voice the sensations that were running through her body as he held her to him, his soul crashing into hers.

“Liz!” he cried, and drove deeply into her, the cries of their release silenced by their lips. Their bodies stiffened in release, their hearts pounding as one, bound forever by love.

The sun was appearing over the horizon as Dravin stood watch in the desert. He could feel them. It was close.

A blinding flash of light made him turn away momentarily. When he turned his head back, he smiled.
“What took you so long?” he said.

Nimble fingers caressed his cheek.

“We had business to take care of, love,” she purred, turning her head toward her companion.

“Where are they?” Khivar growled.

“Max and the girl are still holed up in that apartment complex. Michael Maria, and Isabel are in Roswell. The Sheriff’s son is staying with her,” Dravin replied, not liking the look that Tess was giving Khivar.

He had his suspicions about the two of them, and the glances that passed between them only made them stronger.

“That’s an interesting development,” Tess said with a smirk.

“No matter love,” Khivar answered. “She’s got your leftovers. He’ll be dust by the end of the day.”

Tess shrugged.

“As long as we have Isabel, then nothing else matters,” Tess answered. “But I want Liz Parker. I owe her a little of my personal attention.”

Khivar noted her narrowed eyes and reached out to cup her chin, turning it to face him.

“You can have your fun with the girl and Max Evans, as long as it doesn’t interfere with our plans. It won’t interfere with our plans, will it,” he warned. “We can’t afford to lose any more battles with them. The last of our essence was used to create these bodies.”

“You just worry about Isabel,” Tess said, her eyes hardening.

“I’ll take care of Max and Liz Parker,” she said. “I still have one more surprise for little Miss Scientist, and this time, she isn’t going to know what hit her.”

To be continued...