Tas's brain ramblings (all new links)

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Tas's brain ramblings (all new links)

Post by Tasyfa »

Unless otherwise noted, my fics are Max/Liz centric, and take place in the canon universe. :)
hugs, Tas

Works In Progress

Splitscreen
Banner by LongTimeFan

AU. Max POV. Inspired by the false spoilers for the season 3 finale (see The Bitter Dregs blurb below for description). In this alternate universe, Max begins having dreams of his life as it might have played out, and acts on them, changing his future. Fast forward to senior year of college... (ADULT)

Completed Works

The Forging of a Lifebond
Banner by Electro-Kat

Set after A Roswell Christmas Carol. The granolith does something strange when Max touches Liz's arm in the chamber, sparking a flash of Future Max that leads to Max and Liz's reconciliation. Strange events continue to unfold around the couple and their six friends. (ADULT)
Ch. 1-10
Ch. 1-45
Ch. 40-49/end

The Bitter Dregs
Banner by Blanca

Set after Four Aliens and a Baby and inspired by the false spoilers for Roswell's Season 3/series finale. There were a few different versions of those false spoilers floating around; the following are the ones heard by the author:

After Tess died and Max gave up baby Zan for adoption, Liz's powers began to affect her health dangerously. It wasn't something that Max, or any Earthly remedy, could heal. The group discovered that the piece of spaceship that Michael took from the military base (in Crash) was a fragment of the granolith. Max used the fragment to travel back in time and prevent Liz from getting shot, thereby preventing the changes due to her healing, which had resulted in her developing powers.

Having accomplished this task, Max kept his distance from Liz in the new timeline. She continued to date Kyle throughout high school. After graduation, the night before Liz was to go to school at Harvard, they went out for coffee. At the end of the night, Max stepped back and left Liz to move on with her life, alone.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The Bitter Dregs is a series of vignettes that begins on that night after graduation and continues through the years, chronicling Max and Liz's relationship and its evolution over time. (TEEN)

Reawakening
Banner by LongTimeFan

Takes place after Chant Down Babylon. Max's near-death experience has lingering effects, not only for him but also for the others as they all try to deal with the fall-out. (ADULT)

Veracity
Banner by fishish25

Post-Departure. Tess has just entered the atmosphere in the granolith, headed for the aliens' home planet. Or has she? Those left behind seek that and other answers as Max's behavior grows stranger and stranger, until finally all hell breaks loose and someone must make the ultimate sacrifice in order to save them all. (TEEN)

Firsts
Banner by Melodious1

Max/Liz/Michael; slash/het. Post-Viva Las Vegas. One unseasonably warm late spring night, Max and Michael discover that their feelings run deeper after all. (ADULT)

Full Circle (sequel to Firsts, in same thread)
Banner by LongTimeFan

Max/Liz/Michael; slash/het. Max, Liz and Michael have finally all come together in love. But relationships are hard enough when only two people are involved; when there are three of you, things can definitely get interesting! (ADULT)

Silkening (tag to Full Circle; also on same thread)
Max/Liz, slash implied. Liz decides to play with fire on the first day of their senior year. (ADULT)

The Sweetness of the Leaving
Lovely banner by LongTimeFan. Also available as a wallpaper! :D

Picks up mid-It's Too Late & It's Too Bad. Max/Liz alternating POV.
Liz is on her way to the airport, and Max has broken all of his relationships--all but one. But when he finds out what really happened to Alex, the consequences are events that no one expected or is prepared to deal with. How do they pick up the pieces and go on? (MATURE)
NOTE: Five chapters plus the outline and a bit of the end; this was not fully written but it's as complete as it's ever going to be.

Always and forever, for love of Max
Alternate ending to Max in the City. Picks up directly after Max asks the question, "Did you sleep with Kyle?" (ADULT)

The Natural Conclusion
Picks up mid-To Serve & Protect. The way Liz's dream should have ended! (MATURE)

Inside My Mind
Max POV; set just before Samuel Rising. (TEEN)

This Twinned Soul
Post-A Roswell Christmas Carol, poem. (CHILD)

Unanswered Prayers
Kyle/Tess. Set after Viva Las Vegas. Tess realizes what it is that she really wants, and goes about getting it. (TEEN)

Always, Spaceboy
Banner by EmilyluvsRoswell

Michael/Maria. Post-Departure fluff. (ADULT)
Last edited by Tasyfa on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

[deleted by Tas]
Last edited by Tasyfa on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

It occurred to me that I should put a link to my egroup here. It's pretty much for the sole purpose of informing people when I've updated (and where, etc.). Of course, people can ask questions or whatever as well, but it tends to be pretty quiet--you won't be inundated with email if you join. :)
hugs, Tas

Click to join Tasyfa_Fiction
~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

This seems to be a good central place for me to post a list of the awards I've been nominated for and won, and to say thank you to everyone who voted for me. :) I'm breaking it into multiple posts so as not to overload the server with banners. Links to all of my stories, these ones included, are on the first post of this thread.
hugs, Tas

Fanfiction Awards

Roswell Fanatics Fan Fiction

Round 1
Winner:
Most Passionate Max/Liz Lovemaking Scene (The Forging of a Lifebond)

Most Passionate Michael/Maria Lovemaking Scene (Always, Spaceboy)

Most Passionate UC Lovemaking Scene (Firsts series)

Best Poem (This Twinned Soul)

Runner-up:
Love Scene that made you go Whoa! (The Forging of a Lifebond; tea with Max’s mom)

Round 2
Winner:
Best Slash Fanfiction (Firsts series)

Runner-up:
Best Spoiler Fanfiction (The Bitter Dregs)
Best POV Fanfiction (The Bitter Dregs)
Best Villain (Reawakening; Tess)
~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Roswell Fanatics Fanfiction Awards

Round 3
Winner:
Best Future Fanfiction (The Bitter Dregs)

Best Musical Use (The Bitter Dregs)

Fic that made you Cry the Hardest (The Bitter Dregs)

Round 4
Nominee:
Best Lead Portrayal of Michael Guerin (Reawakening)
Best Lead Portrayal of Maria DeLuca (Reawakening)
Best Post-Episode Fanfiction (Reawakening)

Winner:
Best POV Fanfiction (Splitscreen)

Best Supporting Portrayal of Liz Parker (Splitscreen)

Best Slash Writer

Runner-up:
Best Supporting Portrayal of Isabel Evans (Splitscreen)
Best Lead Portrayal of Maria DeLuca (Reawakening)
Best Supporting Portrayal of Maria DeLuca (Splitscreen)
Best Post-Episode Fanfiction (Reawakening)
Love Scene that made you go Whoa! (Splitscreen; Max & Liz’s first time)
~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Roswell Fanatics Fanfiction Awards

Round 5
Nominee:
Best Author of a Dreamer Fanfiction

Runner-up:
Best Author of an Unconventional Couples Fanfiction

Round 6
Nominee:
Best Author of a Conventional Couples Fanfiction
Best Canon Writer
Author Who Should Have Written for the Show
Most Passionate/Romantic Love Scene (Splitscreen; Max masturbates
while Liz is ‘asleep’
)

Winner:
Best Supporting Portrayal of Maria DeLuca (Splitscreen)

Fic you’d most like to see Completed (Splitscreen)

Most Angsty Fic (The Bitter Dregs)

Runner-up:
Best Lead Portrayal of Michael Guerin (Full Circle)
Best Fluff Fanfiction (Splitscreen)
~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

The Boardello of Fanfiction

Round 1
Winner:
Scene that made you want to hurl (Reawakening; first Max/Tess scene)

Runner-up:
So much angst you screamed in agony (The Bitter Dregs)

Roswell Desert Skies

Round 5
Winner:
Best Dreamer Fanfiction (The Bitter Dregs)

Polar Playground

Round 1
Honourable Mention:
Best Threesome (Full Circle)

Venus Rising

Round 3
Winner:
Best Mature Fanfiction (Reawakening)

Best Episode Tag Fanfiction (Reawakening)

Round 4
Winner:
Best Tearjerker (The Bitter Dregs)

Land of Dreams

Round 1
Winner:
Les’s Choice: Best Slash Fic (Firsts series)

Biggest Bitch/Asshole (Reawakening; Tess)

Runner-up:
Most Angsty Fic (The Bitter Dregs)

Majik’s World of Fanfic

Round 1
Winner:
Best Dreamer Fic (Reawakening)
Last edited by Tasyfa on Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

COMING ATTRACTIONS

I have a new story that I'll begin posting in the next few weeks, and thought I'd mention it here. It'll be in the Alien Abyss board when I do post. The original inspiration was a discussion on establishing believable character motivation. :)
hugs, Tas

The Sweetness of the Leaving

Lovely banner by LongTimeFan. Also available as a wallpaper! :D

Picks up mid-It's Too Late & It's Too Bad. Max/Liz alternating POV.
Liz is on her way to the airport, and Max has broken all of his relationships--all but one. But when he finds out what really happened to Alex, the consequences are events that no one expected or is prepared to deal with. How do they pick up the pieces and go on? (MATURE)

~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

*waves* Just a wee bump to mention that I fixed all the links so everything's findable again. Thanks. :)

hugs, Tas
rar1942
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rar1942 »

Dear Tas - I hate to bring up unpleasantness, but about Split Screen....
RosFic Addict, motorcyclist, jazz fan, shooter, hardware builder, software tweaker, lover of family, kids, cats and other things soft and cuddly.