Cardinalgirl's Stories

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Cardinalgirl's Stories

Post by cardinalgirl »

Welcome! My name is Lisa, and much as I love it, for the most part I'm not writing Rosfic anymore. I'm working on Original fiction and unfortunately there just isn't enough time in the day to do both, especially on top of working full time. Occasionally I write short pieces for Support Stacie's Author Auctions, but that's all the fic I'm writing at the moment. I'll be updating this with news about my Original endeavors, though! My authors blog can be found here.

ROSWELL FICS
Persistence of Memory

Banner courtesy of Anniepoo98

Complete

Rated TEEN

My first fic. CC, Post-Graduation, the gang left Roswell ten years ago and have been moving from place to place ever since, their most recent move to New York City, but no matter how far they go or how long ago they left, there are things lost and left behind that they can never forget.

Lessons in Surrealism

WIP - Not Returning.

I'm taking this Original, so sorry if you wanted to read it.

The Pathway is Broken

WIP

Rated TEEN

AU, CC. Part one of a trilogy. This is the story we know and love, only with a twist... the groups of friends are different, and all eight main characters know aliens exist before Liz Parker gets shot in her father's restaurant... but they don't all know about each other... Can three small groups of friends learn to trust each other as they search for the truth?

Spoiler/Discussion thread for the Pathway is Broken at Majik's World of Fanfic.

Heal Over
Rating: TEEN
Summary: Post-Graduation, a few months out on the road, and Michael finally gets a bit of an explanation to Maria's seemingly hot-and-cold treatment of him over the previous year.
Written for girl afraid, for the first Support Stacie Author Auction.

Dovetail
Rated: TEEN
Summary: Alex Whitman is dead, and Tess Harding will do anything to set right what she's done.
Written for drogyn for the Support Stacie Fanfic on Demand Author Auction

One Shots

Confessional
Summary: One-shot Isabel POV, set over the summer between Season 2 and Season 3, when Isabel decides it's time to move on.

The Art of Letting Go
Summary: In Tess' darkest hour, an unexpected someone comes to guide her home.

Plain Sight
Summary: After Alex's death, Isabel has very nearly lost herself. In the vein of Confessional.

Pistachio
Summary: MICHAEL: I tried the "no present" idea last year. It didn't work.
ISABEL: Last year was your first year together, and you didn't give her a present?
- Haven’t you always been curious?
Written for tequathisy for the Support Stacie Stocking Stuffer Author Auction

Others

Look Don't Touch
Summary: Max/Tess, 50 Sentences challenge at Polar Attraction.

On the Wrong Side
Summary: Sean POV, 50 Sentences challenge at Polar Attraction.

Something to Lose: Seven Conversations with Isabel Evans
Summary: Written for truelovepooh, for the healingstories challenge for Support Stacie.
Summary: Still reeling from Alex’s death and Tess’ betrayal, Isabel takes a break from the world at a small bar outside of Roswell. She’s there to run away from things, but she finds herself running into someone who will help her to remember, and to heal.

Cut Beneath the Surface Screen

Summary: The day Alex Whitman was killed in a car accident was the day Isabel Evans began to lead a double life, one where she tried to deal with her loss with the help of her friends and family, and another where she continued on with what her normal life might have been, had Alex survived. She realizes soon enough that this is not the answer to her problems, but the dreamlife she has created simply will not end, and Isabel begins to fear for her sanity when she starts losing grip of which reality is actually real.

Banner courtesy of Stargazing101

Other drabbles and things can be found at That Which is Left Behind.

NON-ROSWELL - Harry Potter

At Last
Summary: In the aftermath of the final battle, Ron and Hermione finally manage to slip away, and find a moment for themselves. Not that I would ever complain against the Ron/Hermione bits we were given in Book 7, but a teensy bit of me was still left wanting, and this kind of covers that. A good kiss is one thing, but they have a LOT left to talk about. Just my bit of sweet to add to the end of Deathly Hallows.

A Momentary Pause
Summary: Post-DH, pre-epilogue, canon compliant. This is pretty much as the title implies, a turning point, a hesitation, a stepping forward.
Written for Gioia, for the first Support Stacie Author Auction.
Last edited by cardinalgirl on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:55 am, edited 43 times in total.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Awards from other sites (mostly)...

Persistence of Memory

Eraser Room 2004 Awards

Roswell Memories 2006 Awards

The Pathway is Broken

Eraser Room 2005 Awards

The Art of Letting Go

Roswell Fanatics Runner-Up Awards
Round 5 - Favorite Lead Portrayal of Isabel Evans - PoM
Round 6 - Favorite Portrayal of a Dupe (Ava) - PoM
Round 6 - Best Author of a Stargazer Fanfic
Round 7 - Favorite Portrayal of a Dupe (Ava) - PoM
Round 7 - Favorite Lead Portrayal of Tess Harding - TPiB
Round 8 - Favorite Supporting Portrayal of Liz Parker - PoM
Round 9 - Favorite Unique/Unconventional Friendship (Michael/Liz) - TPiB
Round 10 - Favorite Unique/Unconventional Friendship (Michael/Liz) - TPiB
Round 12 - Favorite Point-of-View Fanfiction - Confessional

Eraser Room Runner-Up Awards
Best Stargazer Author
Best Canon Fic - Persistance of Memory
Best AU Fic - The Pathway is Broken

Dreaming Among Stars Runner-Up Awards

Persistence of Memory:
Fic That Made You Envy Ava Even Though She's a Fictional Character
Vision of Kyle That Made You Want To Dump Your Hubby/Boyfriend

The Pathway is Broken:
Vision of Alex That Made You Want to Dump Your Hubby/Boyfriend
Fic That Had You Hunting Down the Author For An Update :oops:
Last edited by cardinalgirl on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Hi everybody! I wanted to drop off this lovely Nominee banner Annie made, and thank everybody for the nominations. I'm honored by the thought.

Favorite Portrayal of a Dupe - Ava in Persistence of Memory
Favorite Lead Portrayal of Isabel Evans - Confessional
Favorite Unconventional Friendship - Michael and Liz in The Pathway is Broken
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Now that I'm back in town I wanted to show off all the pretties I won in the Roswellian Chronicles Awards for Round 2. Thanks to my readers. You guys are amazing.

Persistence of Memory

Ava

The Pathway is Broken

Michael and Liz

Best Dream World with Aliens Fanfic

Confessional

Also! I have a Superhero of the Month chat at Roswellian Chronicles tomorrow night at 9 PM EST. Hope to see you there!
nemsis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nemsis »

Hey you! :D

Are you ever going to get back to LOS? ;) I hope you do, but for now I'm content with staring at the banner. :lol:
Open your eyes and look at the world for what it is and what it could be.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Hey Nemsis! I do plan on getting back to Lessons eventually... the question is when. I was thinking about Zac the other day, though, and you're right, is all kinds of delicious. :lol:

Wanted to let you guys know that I put up a Sean Deluca POV for the 50 Sentence Challenge at Polar Attraction, called On the Wrong Side.
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

Howdy~

Just dropping by to tell you that <b>Cut Beneath the Surface Screen </b> sounds awesome. I can't wait to read it. And the banner is soooooo pretty! I love Stargazing101's banners.

Annie:)
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Hi guys! I wanted to show off a couple of banners from the very last Eraser Room fic awards, and I wanted to publicly thank jbangelo and the rest of the Eraser Room staff for providing that lovely board for us for four years.

Best Canon Fic - Persistence of Memory

Best AU Fic - The Pathway is Broken

Best POV/Non-Relational Fic - Confessional
Tied with Stargazing101, Anniepoo98, and Majiklmoon (all of whom I greatly admire).

I also recieved runner-up for Best Conventional Fic for Persistence of Memory, and (this is the real jaw-dropper here) Author You Most Admire/Respect.

I am quite simply blown away.
StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

Congratulations, hun!

You deserve 'em! :D
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Hello! I just wanted to say a quick thank you to you guys. I've been nominated once again for Best Portrayal of a Dupe, via Ava in Persistence of Memory, and I cannot believe that people still care about that story enough to nominate it. Thank you very much, I can't say how touched I am.