Tess: Evil or Misguided?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Tess: Evil or Misguided?

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Well what do you think? Is Tess bad to the bone, or just misguided?

(This was inspired by a Tess discussion that appeared on the other shows, OTH thread)
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Just misguided. I'm so sick of all the Tess bashing.

That's all I have to say right now. ;)
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

out of this world
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by out of this world »

I think she was misguided as well. I think that would have written that if they did not think they would be cancel. I know at the end of second season they were not sure if they were going to be on another season and wanted to end where Max and Liz were back together.

That is my intake on the tess thing

Carol:)
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

I really can't say if she was misguided, but I do know that she

had a one track mind when it came to Max. She felt (rightly or wrongly)

that Max was her destiny, so she set out to do whatever to make him

hers. Tess isn't my favorite character, but I can surely sympathize with

her plight. If Max was your husband in another life, would you wanna

give him up :?: :wink:
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Saying Tess is evil is not bashing her. It is commentary on how some perceived her on the show. Some of her actions were most definately evil (killing Alex being the prime one, of course). That being said, I think she was a fascinating character - one who cannot be summed up with either term. She was both, she was neither, she was poorly written, but, here in fanfic, she has come into her own. :D
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

I'd say she's more misguided, although what she did to Alex was evil. Tess was such an interesting character but the writers never were able to do the character justice.
it's better to rise than fade away.
Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

I think Tess was a bit of both. Her actions were vindictive and definitely evil, but they were done in the sake of what she always told that belonged to her. I guess I can understand it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or her. Tess will always make my blood boil in hatred. :x
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Jason's Lover wrote:I think Tess was a bit of both. Her actions were vindictive and definitely evil, but they were done in the sake of what she always told that belonged to her. I guess I can understand it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or her. Tess will always make my blood boil in hatred. :x
Ditto! If the writers had more time or whatever to develop her character maybe she would have been redeemable if she hadn't killed Alex. I have read some great fanfic out there where Tess had not killed Alex, but had been witness to it happening by Nicholas. that would have been interesting if that had actually occurred on the show.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Well I'll just add my two cents...

I totally think she was a little of both, but that's what shows always have, someone to break up our dream couple. It adds to it...

However, I have to say that the whole Tess killing Alex, they just didn't know what to do with the girl so it seemed as though they said..."What the hell." Her character could have been so much more, but they never gave her a chance. They took what her character was and took it to the extreme. Yes she had always been told that Max was her husband and they were meant to be together so of course she's going to feel threatened by Max and Liz's bond, but they just made her completely insane...in human if you will.

Anyway, I think they could have gone 1000 different ways with her. I mean look how she turned out in the end...she wasn't all bad, they just *made* her that way.

*crawling back into my hole now*
POM

Post by POM »

FSUMSW94 wrote:
Jason's Lover wrote:I think Tess was a bit of both. Her actions were vindictive and definitely evil, but they were done in the sake of what she always told that belonged to her. I guess I can understand it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or her. Tess will always make my blood boil in hatred. :x
Ditto! If the writers had more time or whatever to develop her character maybe she would have been redeemable if she hadn't killed Alex. I have read some great fanfic out there where Tess had not killed Alex, but had been witness to it happening by Nicholas. that would have been interesting if that had actually occurred on the show.
Totally agree with both of you :D On Both Views :)

POM :wink: