Secret Among Friends - 14/8/05 Mature/Adult COMPLETE

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Secret Among Friends - 14/8/05 Mature/Adult COMPLETE

Post by Bubblegal »

Banner made by Zervillion.

TITLE: Secret Among Friends

AUTHOR: Spacegal

CATEGORY: Max/Liz Tammy/Jake. Gang is there.

RATING: Mature/Adult – rating will go up later in the chapters. Warning will be given before hand.

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing but Tammy and Jake so you can’t sue.

SUMMARY: Non-Alien Fic. Max and Isabel have a little sister called Tammy. Tammy and Liz are best friends but they hold a dark secret together. When Liz's life is put in danger because of the secret, will Tammy able to turn to the one person who will be able to protect Liz?
It is a pretty dark story, it will be light but there are some dark moments.

Warning: Sexual themes and dark parts. There will be light moments but it’s kinda a dark story. This story will be put into three POV - Max, Liz and Tammy's.

Chapter 1

~~~~Tammy~~~~

“So what have you been up to?” a male voice asked from behind me, I turned around to see my big brother bent over at the counter, his chin in his hands, regarding me with his dark eyes seriously.
“Nothing much, you big bro?” I asked.
“I’ve been hearing that you still hanging around with that geeky Liz Parker.” A female voice jumped in and we both looked to see his sister heading toward us.

Okay, let me introduce myself to you so you don’t get confused, I’m Tammy Melissa Evans, the baby of the family. My brother is Maxwell Alexander Evans and he has a twin sister, Isabel Sarah Evans, noticed how I say ‘he’? Well, I don’t regard Isabel as my sister, ever since she discovered popularity at school; she became a pod bitch who just irritates the hell out of me.

Elizabeth Claudia Parker, she is one of my best friends, beside Max, and no she is not a geek, she is gorgeous, she had long brown hair and deep brown eyes. I should know because my big brother likes to dream about her and I heard many things coming from his mouth. Sure, she likes school but that’s only because her parents pushes her to do good in school, whenever they take notice of her. You see, Liz had an older sister called Rosa but she died when Liz was young, her parents adored Rosa and were devastated when she died. They never got over it and ignore Liz due to Rosa’s death, which just annoys the life out of me. They don’t see how much they are killing Liz. No one knows apart from me cause I saw everything, I was ready to kill them but Liz stopped me. I begged her to tell someone but I can’t, she made me pinkie promise, have I ever mention how much I hate pinkie promise? They totally suck! I know that Max suspect something as I have been more quiet and secretive since the incident, he is my big brother and I tell him everything but I can’t tell him this.

My other best friend is Maria Isabella Deluca, she is the most bubbliest craziest girl I have ever met, she is loveable but there are times where you want to strangle the girl and other times you want to hug girl but that’s who she is. She is a great friend and is there when you need her, she is also a singer for a band called the Whits, Liz is a singer too but she doesn’t always do it because of her workload and study load too.

My last best friend is Alexander Charles Whitman, he is the cutest, most goofy person I have ever met and you just can’t help but fall in love with him, he always cracks stupid jokes that gets you laughing. He is the leader of the band, as you can guess his second name was used to name the band.

Max Evan, my big brother, what can I say? Well, he is the best brother and I mean that, he’s always there for me when I need him. You know, there was this one time where I went out with this guy and he cheated on me, I told Max and the next day, I saw my ex a walking black and blue bruise. He told me that he had walked into a door but something told me that it was more to do with fists rather than handles but kept quiet. Max is the school captain for the Basketball team, the Comets. He is popular too but doesn’t let it get to his head, he’s, what everyone thinks is a player but he isn’t, trust me, the girl who made that up got a little annoyed that he refused to sleep with her so she told everyone a pack of lies but I will get her back, count on it.

Isabel Evans, my sister, a total queen bitch who thinks she rules the world when in fact she is a complete slut. (That’s what I say), we used to be best friends when we were younger but we drifted apart, I started hanging around with Liz and she hung around with Pam Troy, who is another slut, by the way and she wants in Max’s pants but that ain’t gonna happen.

“Liz isn’t a geek.” I snapped at Isabel and turned to face me with a face.
“Yes she is, the girl loves school for fuck sake.” Isabel shot back and I lost it.
“She doesn’t love school, you don’t know anything about Liz so leave it alone before I kick your slutty ass to the curb where you belong.” I shot back.
“Whoa!” Max stated, coming in between us, holding up his hands. “Relax ladies, no need to go catty on us.”
“Bite me!” Isabel snapped at him before storming off while I glare at her back.
“I’m gonna get her one of those day, Max, I swear on my life.” I muttered and Max rolled his eyes.
“Tam, just ignore her, you know what she’s like.” Max soothed and I snorted. Oh, I know what she’s exactly like.
“I’m going, I’m meeting up with Liz as we’re going shopping.” I stated to Max as I lifted up his car keys and headed out the backdoor, swinging it around my fingers, thinking while Max just stared as I walked away.

~~~Max~~~

There’s something wrong with Tammy; I know it. She’s my little sister and she tells me everything but I remember the day so well when she became secretive and quiet. She was studying over at Liz’s house when my phone rang, I heard her shouting in the background and realised that she must have said my name for the phone to dial automatically, I heard her shouting at someone then it got cut off. She came home, looking angry, frustrated and scared. I had asked her what was wrong but she just brushed it off and told me to mind my own business. I would but I know it has something to do with Liz Parker and I wasn’t going to stand by and watch the two women I love for different reasons get in trouble.
Yes, I admit it, I am in love with Liz Parker; she’s even a cheerleader for the team I play, I want to ask her out but I’m scared.

Tammy would laugh her head off if she ever knew the real reason why I won’t ask Liz out. I have three best friends, Tessa Marie Harding, Michael John Gurien and Kyle Jim Valenti.

Tess is like another little sister to me, she is bright and bubbly and she loves to party that girl. Yes, she’s a blonde but she’s not like the other blondes at school, you know, the whole airhead thing, nope, Tess is very smart and is in a lot of higher with Liz and I. She has blue eyes too; they look like the dark sea out in the Pacific Ocean – that’s why Kyle says.
Michael, he is my best friend, we met when we came to Roswell in fourth grade and we became fast friend after we found out we love basketball; we are on the same team with Kyle. He has dark spiky hair and dark brown eyes. He loves Metallic, do not get him started on them please, he just ends up telling you the whole the band from start to finish, how they got their name, where they got their ideas for their songs and so on. I swear, if I didn’t know better, I would think he stalks them.

Kyle, well, he is the sheriff’s son and he loves to party, he has a crush on Tess but refuses to tell her in case she rejected him, what he doesn’t know, that she feels the same about him and refuses to tell him in case he rejects her. Confusing people I know. Well, I’m going by what Tess told me whenever she gushes about him here, he has wavy brown hair and light blue eyes that reminds her of cornflower. How can girls tell the different between colours? I mean, blue is blue, you get light blue and dark blue. There’s no need to go mixing everything up and giving them all names like Cornflower for crying out loud!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Tammy has been really quiet since this whole incident and it scares me. I just can’t help but feel that something really bad is going to happen soon and that I will be helpless to stop it.

~~~~Liz~~~~

I sigh as I look out the window, another day today and it doesn’t seem to get better than everyone would think it would. I got up from my seat at the window and move over to my dressing table and looked in the mirror. Plain old me staring back.

Okay, let my introduce myself. I’m Liz Parker, daughter of Jeff and Nancy Parker, we are rich of course the same as the Evans, unfortunately, let me tell you something. Money isn’t everything; you can’t buy everything with money.

I’m a cheerleader for our basketball team. Tess, Tammy and I are younger than everyone in the whole group. We are in a grade younger than them, something Michael likes to tease us about but he loves us all the same. I’m the youngest one out of them all; Max is the eldest one out of them all. Weird huh? Anyway, we all don’t really hang out together a lot because we have different interest.

Michael likes to listen to Metallic; he goes to all of their bands and he is a great artist. Maria has this little quirky thing for Aromatherapy, she carries all these little vials around with these smell in them, she claims everyone need them, keep me away from them is all I’m saying and she is a singer for the band. Isabel is a part time model, she pose for magazines and that. Kyle plays football and totally into Buddha, I swear to god, if I have to hear about him once more, I will make Kyle pray for his life. Tess loves to party; seriously, she throws parties and goes to all of them around, great girl. Alex has his own band and is in the computer club, the chair leader mind you. Tammy loves to play basketball if it’s a friendly game between friends and family, she loves it so much that it has become a traditional for everyone to do it during barbecues and such. Max is into Basketball and ice hockey, he loves ice hockey and plays for the team, Ice Wolf; he is really good at them both.

Me? Well, I sing sometimes for the band, I’m a cheerleader for the Comets; I work at my parents’ café, The Crashdown, I love biology and chemistry, they are my favourite class and most of all, I just try and be myself.

I hear a honk and I look out the window, there’s Tammy, sitting out in the jeep, waiting for me to come out so we can go shopping, tell you one thing, the girl loves to shop, never ever put her and Maria in the same shopping mall, you will need all the boys with you, with their cars in order to carry all the shopping bags home cause one car ain’t enough. I look in the mirror once more and sigh, better go before she honks the horn once more and annoys my parents, wonder where is my parents today anyway?

TBC

Okay, I know it’s short but I promise, all the other ones are longer, I just wanted to introduce Liz, Max and Tammy in this part so you get a feel of it.

I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you like Tammy, don’t worry, she the kinda of girl whose bark is worst than her bite – Maybe.

Later, leave a review and let me know what you thought.
Last edited by Bubblegal on Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:18 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

Thanks to everyone who reviewed.

cocopucks: Glad to see that you like this fic.

g7silvers: Hey, Yes you are right, Tammy, Tess and Liz are a year younger than the rest of the gang but are in a grade higher for some classes. Yes there is a dreamers insure, i would never let my readers go without reading a dreamer ending.

To_Kiss_A_Frog:

janesdilemma:

RASaero611:

Grace52373: Glad you liked the characters and Yes Isabel will redeem herself, hmm, By Alex you say? you will just need to wait and see :)

RoswellDreamer_bb10:

orphyfets: Hey, glad to see you here, sorry about the Slayers story, i'm having a few probs with it. Glad you like the story.

Chapter 2

~~~~Max~~~~

“Max!” I hear female voice shouting, penetrating the haze of my sleep, I groan as I roll over in bed, pulling my covers over my head, blocking out the noise. “Max! Come on!”
“Go away.” I mumble and grunt when I feel someone sitting on the bed.
“Come on Maxie, Lizzie is waiting for her Romeo.” A singsong voice tease and I pull away the cover and glare at my annoying little sister.
“Don’t call me Maxie.” I muttered and she snickered.
“But Maxie is such a cute name!” she squealed, pinching my cheek.
“Geroff!” I muttered, pushing her hand off me. “You know I hate it when grandma does it.”
“Maxwell Evans, get your butt out of bed!” our mom shouted and I whined as I pulled the pillow over my head.
“Come on big brother, school day. Can’t miss it beside you have practice this afternoon, don’t want to deprive Liz off seeing your in your outfit would we.” She teased.
“Tammy!” I moaned and she shrugged.
“Fine, I’ll just tell Liz that you are being lazy and we’ll see if she will go out with then…” Tammy stated as she walked out of the bedroom, leaving me muttering in annoyance as I got out of bed and headed into the bathroom. I hate it when she guilt’s me with that.

~~~~~Tammy~~~~

I stepped into the kitchen, wearing my mid-thigh black skirt and a red strapped top and boots, I see my mother making pancakes and sighed with relief when it saw it was the normal stuff.
“Morning sweetie, is Max out of his bed yet?” she asked as she handed me my juice as I sat at the table.
“Yep, he is in a shower, Isabel is still trying to find the right dress to wear.” I replied and my phone rang, I picked it up and noticed it was message. I opened it and read it before replying and setting it down on the table again. “Liz is staying over tonight.” I replied and she nodded.
“Sure thing. ISABEL, GET DOWN HERE NOW!” she shouted.
“Coming!” Isabel shouted from up the stairs as Max came into the kitchen wearing his black jeans and bare feet.
“Honey, where’s your top?” mom asked.
“I wanted to have breakfast first, beside I need to collect my gym stuff and it’s in the laundry room at the moment.” Max explained as he sat down at the table.
“Sure thing. Here you go.” She replied as she set down the plates of pancakes in front of us.
“Thanks mom.” We both reply.
“Maria is picking Liz up this morning, apparently Maria has an crisis that she needs to babble to Liz today.” I told Max and he nodded.
“No problem, am I giving you a lift to work today?” he asked.
“Yep, both Liz and I, Maria is working the later shift as she has to help her mom out in the shop.”
“Sure, we’ll meet outside the locker rooms after practice.” He replied and I nodded as Isabel stepped into the Kitchen.
“Tam, Cheerleading Practice has been cancelled today, headmaster wanted to make sure that we are not over doing it.” Isabel told us and I nodded.
“I’ll pass on the message to the others,” I told her and turned to Max. “We’ll just sit and watch you guys play.” He nodded.
“Sure, no problem, I’m gonna get ready, Isabel do you want a lift?” he asked and she shook her head.
“No, Pam is coming by to pick me up.” Isabel informed as he nodded.
“Sure, thanks for breakfast mom.” He stated as he swallowed the last of his pancakes before heading into the laundry, mom turned to me and looked at me. I shrug and smile as I finished off my food.

~~~~Liz~~~~

I sighed when I entered the car, Maria had phoned me up telling me that her whole world was coming to an end, that the end of era has finally come and there was no surviving it. Something along the line like that. I smiled at her. She has long strawberry blonde hair and dark green eyes; they tend to change colours depending on her moods.
“Hey Maria.” I stated and she looked at me with a thundercloud expression.
“My mother is now going out with Mr. Valenti.” She muttered and I bit back a smile, looks like Tammy has won the bet again. She knew that Mr. Valenti and Aunt Amy fancied each other and knew that they were gonna get together so she made a bet with Max, he thought the two of them wasn’t going to get together cause Kyle hated the idea of them two together as well.
“And how is that the world coming to an end?” I asked, confused and she looked at me with a shock expression, causing me to grab her chin and faced her back to the road again. “Eyes on the road, I want to get to school in one piece otherwise Tammy will go off on another one of her other rants of unsafety on the road.” I warned her.
“Liz, the sheriff of Roswell, the father of Kyle Valenti is dating my mother!” she exclaimed and I sighed.
“Maria, your father has not been in the picture for 13 years now, I think it’s time that you mother has met someone new.” I told her.
“The Sheriff?” she demanded and I shrugged.
“Maria, does he make her happy?” I asked and she slumped her shoulders, defeated.
“Yes.” She muttered and I nodded.
“There you go; you want your mom to be happy and he makes her happy so let them be, if it’s not meant to be, they’ll break up.” I assured her and she nodded.
“Yeah, your right.” She stated and I let out a small sigh of relief and cheered up more when I saw the school. Finally, I was going to get out of this death trap.

She parked the car and I got out the minute it stopped, you never know when another car could come up behind and crash into hers, been there, done it and have no desire to go through it again, no way!
“Liz!” I hear a male voice shout and I turned around only to be swept up in strong arms, lifted off the ground and swung around. I let out a squeal of laugher as they let me down and I met the goofy face of my best friend, Alex. He had dark hair and dark brown eyes that were filled with warmth; he loves cracking jokes and making people laugh.
“Hey, what got you in this good mood?” I asked and he smiled.
“We are having a band practice this afternoon and I heard from a gig, they want us to play at the theatre tomorrow night!” he exclaimed and I squealed as I hugged him back.

They had been waiting for a gig for ages and now here comes their big break.
“That’s great! Who is going to be singing?” I asked and he looked at me with a hopeful expression.
“Well, I was kinda hoping you will.” He told me and I sighed, I went to protest but he gave me the puppy dog eyes and I just gave in.
“Fine, I’ll come to practise and I’ll sing.” I told him, he smiled as he pulled me into a hug.
“This is great! I gotta go and tell the others!” he told us before hurrying off, I turned to Maria with an annoyed expression and she smiled.
“Don’t worry too much, you don’t get to sing very often so that’s why he’s excited that you’ll sing.” She told me as she wrapped an arm around my shoulder and nudged my head with hers. I smiled as I rested my head on her shoulder and wrapped my arm around her waist. She’s my best friend, she could always make me smile; we entered the school.
“Lizziebeth!” I hear a male voice teased and I turned around while laughing, Jake Johnson stood there, his dark hair spiking up and his brown eyes filled with mirth. He is Tammy’s boyfriend of a year now.
“Hey Jake.” I smiled as we hugged then I punched him on the shoulder. “And don’t call me Lizziebeth, you know I hate that name!” I exclaimed and he laughed as he rubbed the spot I hit him.
“Okay, what has he done to warrant an attack?” I heard another male voice asked and saw Max and Michael standing there with amused smiles on their faces.
“Called me the name I hate and you better not think of using it either.” I warned them and they laughed.
“You girls coming by during practise?” Michael asked and we looked at him, curiously.
“The head cancelled Cheerleading practice, Tammy is on the way to the notice board to let the others know.” Max informed us and I nodded.
“Sure thing, Tammy and I need a lift.” I told him and he nodded
“How long do you think the practise will go on today?” Jake asked them and Max shrugged.
“You know the coach, he’ll keep us there till we perfected every move.” Max muttered dryly and Jake made a face at the thought of staying behind so long.

“Why are we all standing about here?” we all hear a female voice asked curiously and we see Tammy standing behind me, I jumped when I saw her in close proximately. I never heard her coming up behind me and I, playfully, slapped her.
“Next time, take a step back rather then standing right there and trying to give me a heart attack.” I told her and she smiled, amusement shining over her face.
“Hey babe.” Jake told her as he wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her forehead, causing Max to glare and I rolled my eyes.
“Come on ‘big brother’ we have maths.” I told him and dragged him away, waving to the others.

~~~~Tammy~~~~

“What was that about?” Jake asked as we all watched Liz dragged Max off and I rolled my eyes.
“Well, you were asking for a death wish by kissing me.” I told him and he rolled his eyes.
“You think he’ll be used to it by now.” He muttered and Maria sniggered.
“Dude, you are going out with his little sister, I wouldn’t be surprise if he has your funeral all planned out, down to the songs he will play.” Maria informed him with a shrug before walking off and I smile at Jake’s shocked look.
“Oh honey, she kidding, Max likes you, he just likes to warn guys off when they comes near me. He knows I can take care of myself, it just makes him feel that he is doing something as a big brother.” I told him and kissed his cheek. “I gotta go, I have English.” I told him and he winced.
“I’ll see you later.” He told me before kissing me, deeply, on the lips and hurrying off to his class and I hurried off to my English. Yeah, I’ll see him at practise.

~~~~~Max~~~~

“Why did you drag me away?” I whined to Liz as we walked down the hallway, and she laughed.
“Max, you were scaring the poor guy, come on, she’s been with him for over a year now, I think he has proven himself worthy.” she told me and I grumbled as we entered the classroom.
“I’m just doing my job.” I told her and she smiled.
“I know that, and she loves you for it but she loves Jake and would love it if you could give him a break.” She told me and I shrugged.
“I kinda like giving him a hard time.” I told her and she laughed.
“We all got that, trust me.” She told me and I laughed.
“Sorry, anyway, what was up with Maria this morning?” I asked and she smirked and I had a feeling that it didn’t mean good news for me.
“Aunt Amy and Mr. Valenti have gotten together.” She told me and I groaned as I banged my head on the table that we just sat at, listening to her laughers. Tammy has won again.

~~~~~Liz~~~~~

I found myself sitting on the bleachers, watching the team warm up for their practise, Tammy was sitting next to me; we were waiting for Maria, Tess and Alex to turn up. I had told Tammy why Maria wanted to meet up with me and she had done a little celebrating dance before skipping off to meet up with Max, I laughed as I had watch her hold out her hand, waiting for the money that they had betted on and Max grumbling as he counted the money out of his wallet.
“Looks like the team seem to be getting better.” Tammy muttered to herself as we watched the team pass the ball along, going back and forth.
“Well, with Max as the captain, they would be getting better, considering he doesn’t let the guys off easy.” I told her and she smirked.
“Yeah, it’s amazing, he tells the guys to be there at the Gym early in the morning or be square yet I have drag him out of bed in the morning.” She told me and I laughed.
“You love dragging him out of his bed in the morning, you get to tease him.” I told her, nudging her with my shoulder and she shrugged.
“I’m not that bothered about it, mom on the other hand…” she trailed off, leaving me smiling as I turned back to face the team, I couldn’t help but admire Max in his outfit like I always do. He was wearing his red and gold sport top and red shorts; he looked cute in it as he always does. “I see you are eyeing my brother up again.” Tammy teased and I turned to look at her and she lifted her hands. “Hey, the pair of you like each other so why don’t you just get together?” she asked and I sighed before turning back to the front.
“You know the reason.” I told her and she scoffed.
“Don’t I?” she muttered under her breath and I sighed, she never made it a big secret that she hated the whole thing and she sighed. “Sorry.” She whispered and I turned to her.
“Don’t be, you were just telling me how you really felt.” I told her before turning back to the front where I saw Max looking at us with a concerned expression on his face. I smiled at him, assuring him that everything was okay and he nodded before tuning back to watch the team and point out any mistakes they had made.
“How long are we working today?” Tammy asked and I sighed.
“We only have the three hour shift.” I told her and she sighed with relief.
“Thank god.” She muttered.
“For what?” a female voice asked and we turned to see Tess standing there with a smile.
“Hey Tess.” I called and she walked over to us, I couldn’t help but admire her, she had long, curly blonde hair and blue eyes. “We are only working the short shift this afternoon.” I explained and she nodded.
“How is the team getting on?” she asked and I couldn’t help but smile when I saw that her eyes were on a certain jock.
“You girls really need to stop this.” Tammy muttered and we both turned to her.
“What do you mean?” Tess asked and Tammy looked at us.
“You’ she pointed at me ‘are in love with Max but you won’t do anything about it. You’ she pointed at Tess ‘fancy Kyle like mad yet the pair of you don’t do a thing about it!” she exclaimed with a shake of her head. “It’s amazing the school hasn’t blown up due to all the sexual tension flying about the building!” she told us and we heard laugher behind us and saw that Maria and Alex have shown up.
“She’s right.” Maria told us as she sat down behind us and Tammy turned to them.
“You can’t talk because you are so amazed by Michael, and Alex is hopeless over heels in love with Isabel!” Tammy told them and Maria smirked.
“Actually, I hate the guy.” Maria told her and Tammy smirked.
“Actually, you fight to get rid of the sexual tension.” She told Maria and scoffed. “Come on, you and Michael only fight to get a rise out of the other.”
“She’s right.” Tess stated and Maria shot her an offended look, causing giggles from the rest of us.

~~~~Max~~~~

I arrived at the Whitman’s house; I had dropped the girls off at the Crashdown so they could do their job, and I decided to kill time by hanging out at Alex’s. I entered the house, the parents knew us very well so we all, basically, have free range going in and out of the house with no problem except Liz’s house for some reason. I found myself in the basement and I looked around, looking for Alex.
“Hey Max.” I hear a male say, I turned around and smiled when I saw Alex.
“Hey Alex, how’s the band going?” I asked.
“Fine, we are having the practice today, you are welcome to sit and watch us. Liz is singing today.” Alex informed me and I nod.
“Sure, I’m supposed to take the girls home today anyway so this will save me time.” I told him and Alex nodded.
“Great, then you can help me set up everything till everyone else gets here.”
“No problem.” I told him as I followed him into his room to help take the stuff into the basement.

Alex’s basement was completely different to any other basement I have ever seen, There were lights fitted into the room, there were comfortable couches and chairs, even a TV and such. The basement was large because it was the same length as the house, which made it easier for Alex when he had a party. “So Alex, how come Liz rarely sings?” I asked him and he shrugged.
“I don’t know, all I know that she has a lot of work load and school load.” He told me and I nodded, Liz had told me the exact same thing when I asked her.
“Do you believe it?” I asked him and he turned to me with a serious expression, I knew that he was thinking about what I said.
“No, I don’t. I get the feeling that she is lying but can’t figure out why.” He told me and I nodded.
“I got that too.” I told him and he shrugged.
“She’ll tell us when she is ready.” Alex muttered as we carried the speakers down the stairs before collecting the other equipment.
“I hear you have a gig tomorrow night?” I asked him and he smiled.
“Yeah, know how there’s a party on tomorrow night?” he asked and I nodded, I had heard about it flying through the corridors, something about it being major. “It’s Tommy’s party, Tommy decided that he wanted to have a live band playing instead so he called me up and asked me to play.” He informed me and I nodded.
“That’s cool, glad that you finally getting the gig.” I told him.
“Are you coming to the party?” he asked and I smiled.
“With Tammy as my sister? I’m sure that she’ll find some way to make me go to the party.” I told him and he laughed.
“You’re right.” He told me and we both laughed as the rest of the band came in.
“Hey guys.” I stated and they smiled.
“Hey Evans, how the team going? Are we going to beat the North Roswell butt?” they asked and I laughed as we started to talk about the game with Alex shaking his head in amusement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Get ready people, cause Tammy Evans in the house and is ready to party!” we all hear Tammy stated and we all burst out laughing, Tammy has a way of saying things to make you laugh.
“Tammy, give it a break.” I hear Liz teasing her and we all heard a crack and Liz letting out a small squeal. “Tammy!” she admonished.
“Did you just slap her?” I heard Jake asked. “You never slap me.” He whined and I rolled my eyes as Alex was snickering in the corner, laughing at his best friends.
“I should hope not.” I stated as I stood up and glared at Johnson, he blanched.
“Evans, didn’t know you were going to be here.” He told me and I gave him a small nod.
“Kinda guess that.” I told him.
“Max, drop it.” I hear Liz tell me in a firm voice and I smiled down at her.
“Hey, have fun at work?” I asked and she wrinkled her nose that made me want to kiss her nose.
“Great fun.” She muttered sarcastically as Tammy hugged me.
“Nice to see here, big bro.” She told me and I hugged her back before looking down at her.
“We are going to have to talk about you slapping people.” I told her and she rolled her eyes before tuning to watch Liz getting ready up at the make shift stage they had created.

We all grabbed seats wherever we could and settled down to watch.
“You ready?” Alex asked Liz, she nodded and sighed before facing the front. The band started up the music and Liz swayed her hips to the beat.
#All the fear has left me now/I’m not frightened anymore
It’s my heart that pounds beneath my flesh/it's my mouth that pushes out this breath
And if I shed a tear I won't cage it/I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it/I won't fear love
# Liz rarely sings but when she does, everyone is captivated about how she sings, it’s like angel singing to everyone through their hearts.
#Companion to our demons/they will dance and we will play
With chairs candles and cloth/making darkness in the day
It’ll be easy/ to look in or out
Upstream or down/without a thought
Peace in the struggle to find peace/comfort on the way to comfort
I won't fear love/I won't fear love
I won't fear love/I won't fear love
# Liz finished and everyone cheered, she smiled slightly before turning to Alex and asking him a question.
“I wish she would sing more.” I hear Tammy murmured sadly to herself and wonder, not for the first time, just what was going on with Liz.

~~~~~Tammy~~~~~

I wish that Liz would let me tell someone or even tell someone herself what is really going on, I love the girl as a sister but she drives me up the wall with her stubbornness.

TBC

The song is ‘Fumbling Toward Ecstasy’ by Sarah Mclachlan; the song was used at the end of Sexual Healing.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bubblegal »

Thanks all all the people who reviewed.
cocopucks: Glad to see you still enjoying the story.

flyawayraven:

orphyfets: Glad that you are enjoying the interaction between Max/Jake and Max/Liz

g7silvers: Glad to see that you are very observant, you are getting close to the mark.

RASaero611:

anonymousarfan:

chickaroswell:

HBGO:

Emz80m: Hey, glad you liked the story and about Max asking Liz out, well let say there is going to one of everyone fave epic from Roswell in this story to get the couple together ;)

Liz's secret will be out soon, Liz will tell you what is going on herself but not the whole story so there will be some questions. Hope you will like this chapter.

Chapter 3

~~~Liz~~~

Here comes Tammy now, if I was to describe her, I would say that she sassy and protective, like a mother to her cubs. She never backs down from anything and she can talk back no problem. She has been my rock for the last three years, without her, I would have lost control ages ago.

Tammy looks great as usual, her dark brown hair, that was almost raven black, was curled slightly, her dark eyes lighting up with mischief and happiness. Overall, she is most definitely Max Evan’s little sister. The two of them are so alike that it’s weird yet comforting in the same way. She was wearing her white-strapped top that was ripped along the bottom, showing off her mid drift and her long slung black jeans with her sneakers. She had Jake’s sport jacket tied around her waist.

“Hey girl!” she greeted and I smile, her smile is so infectious that you can’t help smiling back, no matter what mood you were in.
“Hey Tam, what’s up?” I ask.
“My house tonight. Tommy is throwing his usual weekend party and we are going to party the night away.” Tammy stated and I grimace.
“Tam…” I started but as usual, I was interrupted.
“Nope,” Tammy stated with a shake of her head. “No excuses girl, you need to get out and then you are staying over, I need someone in my bed thanks to Max banning Jake from my bed.” Tammy stated. I couldn’t help but laugh; only she would have the gut to say that she needed someone in her bed.
“Okay, I’ll come.” I agree and she brightened up with excitement showing her eyes.
“Great!” she squealed. “Max will give us a lift to our house. I’ll see you in the quad at lunch.” Tammy stated as she hurried over to see Tommy.

I smile as I walk toward my class, remembering the first time I saw Tammy, now was that a memorable experience or what?

It was my first day in third grade, the Evans had recently moved to Roswell and sent their kids to West Roswell High. Max and Isabel were put into the grade above us with Maria, Kyle, Alex and Michael. Tess, Tammy and I are younger than them.

I was sitting on the swings when Doug Shellows (Or Shallows as Tammy calls him) started picking on me, I ignored him and he pushed me off the swing, causing me to cut my hands from preventing my fall and scraping my knees.

Everyone stopped what they were doing when they saw this happened and I saw a teacher running toward us when all of a sudden a pair of scruffy sneakers stepped in my line of view, I looked up and there was Tammy standing there in her blue jeans and black t-shirt.

Doug started mocking her, causing her to throw a right hook, knocking Doug to the ground with a bleeding nose. She helped me up and introduced herself to me like nothing had happened. All three of us were hauled into the principle’s office, including Max who had been walking by in the hallway at the time.

In there, we met the Evans and the Shellows, who were called in due to the incident. Max had been impressed with the fact that Tammy had knocked a guy half her weight and nearly in size to the ground with no problem, much to the irritation of the parents and teachers.

I was standing off to the side when Mrs. Evans turned to me with her kind eyes. Tammy had introduced me as her bestest friend in the whole wide world, which got an offended noise from Max, she told him that he was still her bestest friend in the whole wide world but she needed a girl to hang around with which caused laughers from the Evans and the teachers.

I sat at my usual biology table and was interrupted. I looked up and saw Max Evans grinning at me with amusement shining in his eyes and I was struck at how alike he was to Tammy. We were in the same class because biology was my favourite class and I was moved up a grade in biology and the same in most of my other classes but still stayed a grade down because of my age.
“Did you ask me something?” I asked.
“Yeah, where did you go?” Max asked and I smile.
“Just remembering the first time I met Tammy.” I stated and he smirked.
“That was a classic, Doug still runs in the other direction each time he sees her.” Max stated and I laughed at the image that he had conjured up in my mind.

~~~~Max~~~~

I laugh as I remember the time when Tammy punched Shellows, I was not lying or exaggerating when I told Liz that he still runs in the other direction when he sees her, everyone knows not to mess about with Tammy or someone she cares about, hey, I’m her brother and I’m the one who taught her how to punch so I know how hard she punch, thankfully, none of them have ever been directed at me.
I was glad to see Liz laughing and smiling, it just seems that she doesn’t find a reason to smile or laugh and I love her smile and her laugh, it bright up her whole face and her eyes lights up with happiness and mirth which brightens up a room. Before her sister died, she was a happy girl but afterward it seemed to dimmed, I wasn’t too concerned, I mean, her sister had just died so she was bound to grieve, I thought she would go back to her normal self once she grieved but it just seems that every day seems to depress her.
I asked Tammy what happened and she told me that she misses her sister and some days, it hit her harder but I get the feeling that she is covering up for the real reason. I love them both and I want to help them, I get the feeling Tammy wants to tell me but is holding back, which is suspect, because of Liz. I respect that but I just can’t help but feel that it is dangerous.
“Are you going to the party tonight?” I hear Liz ask and I turn to her, looking at me with a curious expression on her face.
“What one?” I teased and she laughed as she, playfully, pushed me.
“Tommy’s party.” She replied and I nodded.
“Yeah, Tammy kinda dragged me in as the designated driver.” I informed her and she rolled her eyes.
“She practically told me that I was coming, apparently she needed someone in her bed since you banned Jake from her bed.” She told me and I choked.
“What?” I asked and she smiled.
“Oh come on, we’re both girls, we won’t do anything…savoury.” She teased and I rolled my eyes.
“You know I like two girls together, but not the image of my sister.” I told her and she giggles. “So, she told you about me banning Johnson from her bed?” I asked and she nodded.
“Yep, she never told me what they were doing when you banned them though and it’s Jake, not Johnson.” Liz corrected me.
“Sorry mom.” I teased and she, playfully, glared at me. “He’s dating my sister so he reserve the last name till I’m okay with him dating her.” I explained and Liz nodded.
“That means, you will never call Jake by his first name.” She stated and I look at her in stunned shock.
“How come you girls can read me so well?” I whined and she smiled as she reached over and pinched my cheek.
“Cause you are like an open book Maxie.” She teased and I brush her hand off me as I mock glare at her.
“Sometimes I think you girls just like to see me riled up by calling me that name.” I told her and she just smiled, not saying anything to agree or disagree with my statement.

I was about to say something when the door opened and the teacher stepped through, ready to start the lesson. We both buckled down and got on with the class; I guess I will have to ask her later.

~~~Tammy~~~

Tonight is gonna be a blast! I so can’t wait for tonight. Oh! Don’t worry, I’m not gonna do anything embarrassing, just a simple little matchmaking between the two important people in my life and I’m gonna get them together one way or another.

I feel arms wrap round my waist and a pair of lips on my neck.
“Jake.” I stated and he smiled as I turned around in his arms.
“Ready for tonight?” he asked and I smile up at him.
“It’s gonna be a blast!” I exclaimed.
“Is Evans coming?” he asked and I frowned. He and Max can’t say each other first name and it bugs the hell out of me.
“If you mean Max, then yes he is coming.” I informed and he nodded causing me to sigh. “Why can’t you and Max just get along with each other for once? Saying his first name isn’t gonna kill you.” I reminded.
“Tammy, I’m dating his little sister so, yeah, it is going to kill me.” He stated and I sigh as I closed my locker door.
“Jake, I really wish that you and Max could just get along.” I whispered and Jake sighed as he turned me around so I was facing him, he cupped my chin and forced me to look at him.
“I know you do but you have to face it Tam, no brother likes it when their friend is dating their little sister.” Jake informed before kissing me on the forehead and hurrying off to class, leaving me frustrated and annoyed at the situation that I was stuck in the middle off.

~~~Liz~~~

I walked over to Tammy, she was leaning against the jeep and I could see that she was upset about something but I don’t have a clue what about.
“Hey.” I greeted and she smiled but I could tell it was forced because her eyes didn’t lighten up like they usually do and it was weak. “What’s wrong?” I ask and she sighed.
“Jake and Max are never gonna get along are they?” she asked and I make a noise of understanding. I knew how much she hated being in the middle of this tug of war between two people she loved.
“I’m sure that they will get along one of these days.” I whispered and she shook her head.
“Jake basically implied that they’d never get along because he is dating me and Max doesn’t like it.” Tammy informed me and I nodded as I stroked back her hair. I thought about it before making up my mind, I was going to get Max and Jake to get along with each other, for Tammy’s sake if not for theirs. It was the least I could do after everything Tammy had done for me.

I looked up and saw Max walking toward us, he smiled when he saw us standing by the jeep.
“Hey girls, are you ready?” he asked, the two of us nodded and I noticed that Max’s gaze had turned to concerned as he looked at his baby sister. I felt my heart warm, I knew that Max loved and adored his little sister and would do whatever it took to protect her and keep her happy. “Are you okay Tammy?” Max asked and Tammy smiled up at him.
“I’m fine big bro, just homework.” She lied and he nodded, I noticed that he didn’t seem to believe her but he knew, just as well as I did that you couldn’t force Tammy to tell you anything, as she tends to rebel.
“Okay, come on and get in the jeep so we can go home and hopefully divert mother from making her usual weird cooking.” Max teased, causing Tammy to laugh and me to punch him playfully on the shoulder.
“And you need to start being nicer about your mother’s cooking, she’s trying.” I told him and he rolled his eyes as we all got in, I was sitting in the front with Max while Tammy got in the back.
“Blame Isabel, she gave mother that stupid cooking coupon for Christmas and she is trying too hard.” He told me and I rolled my eyes.
“I didn’t think guys could actually taste the food considering how you all just gulp it down in one bite at the Crashdown.” I remarked and he glared at me, playfully.
“I’m surprise that he can actually eat at the Crashdown when his attention is focused on something else.” Tammy piqued up from the back, causing me to look at her, confused and Max to glare at her through the rear review mirror.
“How do you mean?” I asked, racking my brain for anything that could distract someone from eating but there’s nothing there unless the aliens overwhelmed you.
“What I mean was…” Tammy started but Max glared at her and she glared right back. “Not my fault if you can’t eat with all the aliens staring at you.” She retorted and I looked at Max, I saw him blushing and glaring at his sister.
“You can’t eat because the aliens are staring at you?” I asked, concerned and confused about the two of them.
“Ignore her, she’s just kidding you on.” Max told me, I nodded but I threw him a suspicious look as Tammy snickered in the back.

I will find out what is going on sooner or later. I turned back to face the front only to see that we have reached the Evan’s house.

~~~~Max~~~~

“I’m gonna head to my room, I’ll catch you up before we have to get ready for the party tonight, I have a few people I need to call.” Tammy told us as she hurried into the house, I nodded, dumbly, still trying to figure out what is going on with her before turning to Liz.
“What about you? Got any homework you need to go over?” I asked and she shook her head
“No, I did it during study time.” She told me and I nodded as we entered the house.
“Hi honey.” My mom stated as we stepped into the kitchen, I looked up and saw my mom sitting at the counter.
“Hey mom.” I greeted as I kissed her on the cheek before moving over to the fridge and grabbing a can of cherry coke and a can of Pepsi Max for Liz. She really loves the drink.
“Hey mom, what are you doing tonight?” Liz asked.
“Your father is taking me out tonight.” She told us and I nodded.
“Cool, we have a party that Tammy is dragging us too so don’t worry too much if we are not home when you get in.” I told her and she nodded.
“Whose party is it?” she asked as I sat down at the counter and handed Liz the can.
“Thanks.” She stated and I gave her a shot nod before turning to mom.
“Tommy’s, apparently is going to be major.” I told her with a shrug. “Don’t ask me what that means, all I know the party will be really good tonight.”
“Okay, please try and not get too drunk.” She told me and I nodded before she turned to Liz. “And make sure Tammy doesn’t spike the drinks again as revenge.” She told her and Liz smiled.
“No problem.” She told her.

I smiled as I remembered the last party we all went too, it was about two years ago, we were sixteen, Liz, Tammy and Tess were fifteen; we went to this party. Mind you, Tammy hated Jake at the time, which was quite funny, Jake had said something to her to rile her up and she grabbed the alcohol, which ended up in the juice, and she spiked it. It was quite funny seeing everyone get drunk by drinking juice. Unfortunately, the police turned up due to noise disturbance and that caused everyone to bolt, half of the people were jumping over fences to get away from the police but because they were intoxicated, they ran into the fence instead.

We all got hauled into the sheriff’s station, let me tell you something, Jim thought it was quite funny when he heard Tammy’s side of the story but gave us a warning, mom wasn’t too impress with Tammy but Dad thought it was funny.
“It was quite funny though.” I told them and Liz smiled as she looked at me while Mom rolled her eyes.
“Of course you would think it was funny, you were impressed that she actually punched Doug so why wouldn’t you find it funny?” my mom asked as she got up from the counter and walked to her room, I turned to Liz.
“Somehow I think I have been insulted.” I told her and she snickered.
“Somehow I think you have a soft spot for mischief makers.” She told me and I smirked.
“Hey, I’m the one who taught Tammy half of the stuff she does so I should be impressed.” I told her and she smiled.
“Come on, if we hurry, we might be able to check the Internet sites that we have been given.” She told me and I nodded as we both headed into my bedroom.

I walked into my room and sat on the bed, I looked up and noticed that Liz was standing in the doorway, thinking about something.
“What?” I asked, I noticed that Liz was staring at me from the doorway, she sighed.
“Why don’t you and Jake get along?” she asked and I looked at her once more. “Tammy is upset, she feels torn between you two and would like it if you could get along with each other.” She explained and it hit me.
“That’s why she was quiet on the way home.” I whispered in realisation and she nodded.
“She loves you both and feels that she has to make a choice.” Liz informed me and I ran a hand through my hair.
“I never meant…” I stuttered out, loss for words. I was only trying to protect her and how am I supposed to like the guy who is dating my baby sister?
“I know you are only trying to protect her.” Liz whispered. “But she really loves Jake.”

I nodded and she sighed as she sat on the bed next to me. “I’m impressed you know.” She told me, I looked at her, curious to where this was going. “Not a lot of guys would be so concerned about his sister and still be best friends with them. It must be nice to have a sibling.” She stated, almost wistfully and I smile slightly.
“Yeah, it is but there are times where I could strangle Tammy but you can’t help but love her.” I inform her and she laughed in agreement.
“Yeah, gotta agree with you there.” She whispered; we shared a smile before relaxing then a thought hit me.
“Liz?” I ask; she looked at me. “What happened that day when Tammy was over at your house?” I knew that I was prying but I couldn’t help it, I need to know why they were so tight lipped.

I saw Liz stiffen, her eyes glazed over before losing their usual sparkle and she was frozen.
“Nothing.” She replied and I sighed, I knew that I wasn’t going to get any answers but it doesn’t mean that I won’t get them at all.
“I just wanted to let you know that I’m here if you need someone to talk to.” I whisper before leaving the room, leaving her to her thoughts as I made my way to the bathroom.

I know she is scared and confused about how to react to what I said to her and I really want to know what been happening to her and what Tammy is hiding from me. I love them both and I want to protect them but how can I if I don’t know what is going on?

TBC
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bubblegal »

Thanks to Everyone who reviews, glad you liked the last chapter.

Emz80m: Glad you liked it.

anonymousarfan:

RASaero611:

Lizza:

g7silvers:

orphyfets:

Elci: Glad you like the fic, hope you will enjoy this chapter.

Okay, word of a warning, you will find out what Liz’s secret in this chapter but not the reason behind it. Liz will say it casually so you probably will have some questions about it, I promise they all will be revealed through out the story.

Chapter 4

~~~Liz~~~

Here I am, walking up the pathway to Tommy’s house to the party. I fight the urge to roll my eyes at the sight and wonder for the thousandth time what would be the best way to make Tammy suffer a slow and painful death for making me come to this party.
She has given me clothes to get dressed into and that barely covers anything, I’m wearing a tight red halter-top and that showed off my back, short black skirt and thigh high, high heeled boots. She had curled my hair into, what she calls, the ‘delicious tumble out of your bed look’ and finished off with dark make up.
Tammy is ahead of me wearing her black leather trousers, her black boots and blue wrap around top that showed enough of her cleavage and mid-drift yet was classed enough to be called tasteful. Hey, I did see the way Jake was practically drooling when she stepped into the living room.
I know I’m purposely moving away from the conversation Max and I had in his room, seriously, how does the guy get to turn it around on to me? When he told me that I could talk to him, I, badly, wanted to tell him but a part of me is terrified of what his reaction would be.
How on earth do you tell you the guy you love that the people, who suppose to love and protect you, are constantly battering you every night? Oh my parents are smart, they make sure my bruises are on my body rather than make it too obvious, like my arms and legs – considering that I am a cheerleader. Tammy and I have a large supply of foundation, which is created to cover up any flaws and they cover up my bruises and cuts very well, especially the ones on my back and front.
Tammy was furious when she found out, she saw the bruise that was on my back and she guessed it straight away what was going on. She wanted to kill my parents and get me away from them but I made her promise not to tell. Beside, even after everything my parents put me through, I still love them beside I deserve the beatings.
Anyway, back to the topic, I see Tammy is looking at me with concern and I smile, letting her know that I am okay; she doesn’t believe me but accepts it because she knows that I’m stubborn.
“Ready for some fun?” I heard a male voice ask and I turn to see Max looking at me. I smile.
“Let’s go.” I reply and he offers his arm, which I take and he leads into the house.
The minute we step in, Tess is in front of us, smiling brightly as she hugged each one of us, she was looking great in her white leather trousers and her blue top, let me tell you something, for some reason, us girls always find ourselves wearing leather every time we party. Michael and Kyle show up a minute later, obviously drunk, much to the amusement of us but to the annoyance of Tess.
“Hey!” Tess greeted as she hugged Max. “What took you so long?” she asked before turning to hug me.
“Isabel.” Max stated bluntly and Tess nodded.
“Well, glad you could make it.” Tess stated before smiling at me. We are both best friends, we became friends mid-way through fifth grade, she had moved to Roswell then and we were paired up as partners in Chemistry and we just clicked after finding out we had loads in common.
“I love this song!” We all hear Tammy stated as she hurried over and pulled me onto the dance floor, leaving Tess laughing at Tammy’s excitement as Save Ferris ‘Turn it up!’ blared through the speakers.

~~~Max~~~

I shake my head at the sight of the two girls dancing up a storm on the living room floor and in noticed that a lot of the gang had stopped what they were doing to watch Tammy and Liz move to the beat.
I hear Jake practically growling when he noticed a majority of the boys were eyeing up the girls.
“When are you going to ask her out?” Tess demanded to me, I looked down at her, startled. When did she arrive at my side? Her question hit me, causing me to look at her, confused, causing her to scoff and roll her eyes. “Liz you idiot.” She huffed out and I freeze, wondering how the hell she knew and she noticed this. “Oh, don’t look so shocked, I think the whole school knows with the exception of Liz, of course.” She explained and I gulp.
“How?” I asked, hoarsely and she smirked.
“You are really transparent when it comes to your feelings for Liz.” Tess stated before shrugging and walking off, leaving me shaking my head at her. It never fails to scare me that she knows me so well, just like Liz and Tammy.
“What’s wrong with you?” I hear Alex asked me and I turned him.
“Do you ever find it freaky how girls know you so well?” I asked him and he smiled.
“Everyday, let me guess, Tess, Liz and Tammy knows you so well?” he asked and I smiled at him and nodding. “Same here, Maria and Liz knows me so well, I find it cool you know, this way they know what I’m feeling without me having to explain it.” Alex told me and I sighed.
“I still think it’s freaky.” I told him and he laughed.
“Max, come and dance!” I hear Tammy asked, I turned and shook my head wildly, I don’t dance and she knows it, she rolled her eyes as she nudged Liz toward me.
A slow dance came on and I sighed as I held out my hand, she smiled as she took it and we moved toward the floor once more. We both looked up and saw that Maria had taken the stage, she was wearing her black leather trousers and a pink top; she smiled at us when she saw us before nodding to the band.
#I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
# Liz rested her head on my chest as she wrapped her arms around my waist, I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding her close as I rested my chin on her head.
#Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend, but I don't know if you know who I am
And I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies
And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord
Well I remember, I remember, don't worry, how could I ever forget
It's the first time and the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up; no you don't fool me
Because the hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows
Some stranger to you and me
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air; I can feel it coming in the air
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, my life
I can feel it coming in the air; I can feel it coming in the air I've been waiting for this moment all my life
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, m-my life
# she finished, we all smiled up at her and Liz pulled away from me, I smiled down at her.
“Do you want to get something to drink?” I asked her and she nodded and I led her over to the kitchen. We both walked over to the fridge and Liz looked in.
“Make sure Tammy hadn’t spiked those.” She told me and I laughed as I grabbed two unopened bottles and handed one to her. “Thanks.”
“Sure, Enjoying the party?” I asked and she shrugged.
“It’s okay, wish that the girls could have a rest every now and then when it comes to parties.” She told me and I laughed.
“Gotta agree with you there.” I told her.
“Hello party people, are you enjoying your time here?” Tommy asked as he came up, Tommy Watson was one of the players on the team and loved throwing parties.
“Hey Tommy, yeah it’s great.” I told him.
“Yeah, and thanks for inviting Alex to play the band tonight.” Liz told him and he shrugged.
“No problem, oh and here’s an advice, stay away from the guys who have gotten drunk, they have been pawing the girls since.” He told us and we nodded as he moved on.

~~~~Liz~~~~~

Everyone seemed to be having a good time, looks like Maria and Tess are laying into Kyle and Michael for getting drunk again, I rolled my eyes and shake my head at the two boys, I love them like brothers but they can really drive you up the wall when they want to.
Max is back in the kitchen talking to Sean Deluca, Maria’s cousin, he also plays on the basketball team with the boys and was going over some plays with Max to see what he thought.
Tammy and Jake were dancing, I smiled as I watched them, Tammy really loves Jake and I could see that it was vice versa. It’s funny, two years ago, Tammy and Jake hated the guts of the others as they continued to annoy the other off, I asked Tammy about it once and she told me that he just rubbed her up the wrong way, that he was way to arrogant and pig headed, that all changed when they kissed for the first time, Jake had finally let go of the image he created for himself and let his true self come out for everyone to see.
“Hey Lizzie, what you up to?” I hear a male voice asked and I turned around to see Alex standing there.
“Hey Alex, nothing much, just relaxing. You?” I asked.
“Wondering if I should talk to Isabel.” He mumbled under his breath and I looked at him with a smirk.
“Let me guess, you have been thinking about what Tammy said about you being hopeless in love with Isabel and you want to see if it’s true?” I asked and he blushed as he nodded and I smiled. “That’s great Alex, I think you will be good for Isabel.” I told him.
“Really?” he asked and I nodded. “I know that the whole ‘Ice Queen’ is an act and I really want to see what she is like on the inside, you know, see if I can’t get her real self to come out.” Alex explained and I felt my heart melt. See, Alex is one of those perfect gentlemen who are completely rare in the world.
“I agree with you, I don’t know why Isabel acts like this but I feel the same, I feel that she is hiding from the world and I feel that you are the right person to bring her out.” I told him and he nodded, gearing himself up and I laughed as I pushed him. “Go on, stop stalling.” I told him and he nodded as he moved over to Isabel.
“Well, well, well what do we have here? A little girl all by herself.” I felt a hot breath on my neck and I spun around and pushed the guy away.
It was James Mastodon, he is one of those guys who acted like he owned the whole school and could have any girl he wanted with a snap of his fingers, good thing I ain’t one of those girls.
“Get lost James.” I snapped and he let his fingers trail up and down my arm, provoking me into yanking it away from him. “And don’t touch me.”
“Oh Lizzie, don’t be like that, you know you want me.” He breathed out as he stepped closer to me and I scoffed and I looked in his dark eyes.
“Like I want to swim in shark infested water with a slit wrist.” I hissed out, dangerously and his eyes harden, he grabbed my arm and I flinched, I had a bad feeling.
“You are gonna come with me little girl and we gonna fix that little attitude of yours as well.”
“Bite me!” I snapped, fighting against his grip but I could feel it tighten on my arm, causing bruises.
“Oh, I’ll be doing a lot more than biting, you can count on that.” He told me and he started to drag me, I kicked his shin and he jerked me over to him, causing me let out a low moan of pain as his nails started to dig into my skin.
“Get your damn hands off her!” I hear a male voice snapped and we both turned to see Max staring at James with a murderous glare in his eyes. Now I really have a bad feeling.

~~~~Tammy~~~~

“Having fun?” I heard Jake asked and I turned to face him with a smile.
“Yeah, it’s nice to see everyone having a laugh.” I told him and he smiled.
“Nice to see that Evan isn’t on my back cause I’m talking to you.” He told me, cheekily, and I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck as another slow song came on, he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my forehead. “I love you.” He whispered and I smiled up at him.
“I love you too.” I replied; we were about to lean in for a kiss when there was clatter.
“Get your damn hands off her!” I hear someone shout, everyone stopped and turned, we saw James had Liz’s arm in a tight grip and Max staring at James in a dangerous way.
“Fuck.” Jake uttered under his breath and we both hurried over with Tess, Maria and Alex, ready for back up.
“What are you gonna do about it Evans? She’s been mouthing me off so I need to teach her a little lesson.” James remarked and I shook my head.
“Totally bad move.” I muttered.
Max lost it and grabbed the front of James’ shirt before bringing his fist into James’s face, James’ head was forced backward as he loosened his grip on Liz’s arm, causing her to run into Alex’s open arms, which immediately closed around her.
“You bastard!” James muttered when his head was brought back up. Max wasn’t listening as he plunge his fist into James’ stomach, and James bent over before Max threw another punch into James’s face, sending him to the ground.
“That’s what I’m gonna do.” Max breathed out, harshly, before turning to Liz. “Liz?” he asked, Liz came out of Alex’s arm and Max’s hands were running over her arms, checking that she wasn’t hurt anywhere else.
“Damn girl, you have one major bruise there.” I muttered when I saw the large handprint and I turned her arm over, gently, and winced when I saw the nail marks. “You are not bleeding you are lucky there.” I told her and she nodded.
“Come on sweetie, we need to put some ice on that bruise.” Tess stated as she led Liz into the kitchen with Maria following, Maria stopped before kicking James on the thigh before moving on.
“What do we do with him?” Alex asked and I shrugged.
“Better call an ambulance and get them to pick him up, we just say that he picked with the wrong girl, they don’t ask any questions if you tell them that.” I told him and Tommy nodded as he picked up the phone. “Hey slugger, your hand sore?” I asked my brother and he let out a small laugh.
“Yeah.” He admitted and I smirked.
“Come on, I think there is a bag of frozen peas waiting for you.” I told him and he laughed as he followed me into the kitchen, there was a flock of girls surrounding Liz, making sure that she was okay, they all looked up when they saw Max come in and hurried to surround him, telling him that he was so brave and strong, leaving me shaking my head and rolling my eyes and I moved over to the fridge.
“You are evil you know that?” Liz whispered to me and I turned to face her, confusion on my face.
“How do you mean?” I asked and she nudged her head in Max’s direction, I looked and bit back a snicker at Max’s horrified face, I knew that he hated being the centre of attention.
“He’ll be fine, how about you?” I asked and she rolled her eyes.
“Tess and Maria made sure the nail marks were clean before giving me the ice bag to place on my arm.” She told me, gesturing to the bag and I nodded.
“Whoever said this party was going to be boring?” I asked and she laughed.

~~~~Max~~~~

I finally got myself away from those girls, damn, who knew that some girls could be so clingy? I was so going to give Tammy a lecture for leaving me with them. I hurried over to the table and smiled at them.
“You okay?” I asked Liz, I was worried when I saw James manhandled her like that and I wanted to kill him.
“Yeah I’m fine Max, just a bruise, Tess and Maria made sure the nail mark didn’t break the skin.” She assured me and I nodded.
“Where’s the bag of peas?” I asked my sister and she shot me a ‘are you insane’ look.
“I didn’t say I was going to get it did I?” she demanded and I gave her the puppy dog eyes which she scowled at. “I hate you.” She muttered as she walked over to the fridge and I smiled.
“Payback best served cold.” I replied and the bag of peas met me in the face. “Hey!” I exclaimed as giggles enveloped the room.
“Serve your right.” Tammy told me before exiting the room and I rolled my eyes.
“I just had to get a rebellious little sister didn’t I? I couldn’t get one of those little sisters that were obedient.” I asked, rhetorical, and Liz laughed.
“As you a her big brother, you would be so lucky.” She teased and I threw the wet towel at her, causing her to squeal with shock and laughers before throwing it back at me, which I put my arm over my face while laughing.

~~~~Tammy~~~~

I left the kitchen and headed into the main part of the living room, where I stopped short at the sight in front of me, I felt my mouth drop open and I rubbed my eyes, convinced I was hallucinating. No such luck.
“Am I really seeing what I’m seeing?” Jake demanded from behind me and I shrugged, still confused as Tess and Maria came to stand next to me.
“Oh lord, what is Alex doing?” Maria whispered to me, I shrugged, obviously confused as well.
“What’s up girls?” Max asked, none of us replied and he looked over to see that Alex was flirting with Isabel and she was…flirting right back! “Is she flirting with Alex?” Max demanded.
“Yeah.” Tess replied, nodding dumbly.
“What is in these drinks?” Jake demanded as he glared at his drink, accusingly, before looking at Alex and Isabel once more.
“Either that or there’s something in the air.” Maria muttered.
“Are you talking about the song, ‘So Hot’?” Liz asked as she walked over to us, she noticed that we seemed stunned so she looked in the same direction and smiled when she saw Alex and Isabel were flirting. “Looks like Alex is working the Whitman charm alright.” She murmured to herself and we all rounded on her.
“You knew about this!” Jake demanded and “Liz nodded, obviously confused.
“Yeah, what’s the problem?” Liz asked.
“Alex is flirting with the ice queen!” Maria screeched and Max rounded on her.
“Hey! Watch what you say about my sister.” He warned and I rolled my eyes as I turned to him.
“Max, Isabel is the ice queen, hell, she thought up the title herself.” I informed him, leaving him gob smacked before turning to Liz, who was watching us with amusement shining in her eyes. “And you, missies, tell us what the hell Alex is doing and tell us now.” I warned her and everyone surrounded Liz, making sure she had no chance to escape and she rolled her eyes.
“Well, ever since you accused Alex of being in love with Isabel, he decided to do something about it and he doesn’t believe that she is an ice queen that everyone seems to believe, he believes that she is hiding her real self cause she scared.” Liz explained with a shrug.
“It’s official, the world is coming to an end.” Maria exclaimed as she dug through her small bag and pulled out a small vial, causing the rest of us to groan as she pulled the lid off and started sniffing the cedar oil like a coke fiend.
“Oh get over it!” I told her, shaking my head. “Your mother dating Mr Valenti and Alex flirting with Isabel doesn’t have to mean that whole world is coming to an end, it just mean things are…” I trailed off.
“Evolving?” Liz jumped in, helpfully and I nodded.
“What she said.” I stated, not having a clue what she meant and she stifled her snickers before looking at her watch and rolling her eyes.
“Gotta go and sing, see you in a couple of mins.” She told us before hurrying off, leaving us to stare at Alex and Isabel in a stunned shock once more.

~~~~Liz~~~~

Poor guys, don’t think I have seen them all this speechless before and I had to squelched the urge to start giggling madly at the sight of them, I hurried over to Alex and motioned toward the stage, his eyes widen in remembrance and he said something to Isabel before hurrying over to my side and we both hurried up on the stage where everyone was surrounding, waiting for the next song.
I looked back at the band and nodded, Nicky – the drummer started up the beat as I moved my hips to the rhythm and everyone started moving to the beat.
#You’re miles away and my heartbeats fast/And I miss you so bad it won’t last
So I boot it up and I wait for the sign/It’s telling me babe we’re on line!
Connection’s made and I surf it to you/I see your picture with eyes so brown*
Did the aircon fail? Cos I’m hotter than hell/The rest is secrets I can tell.
Yes I like to touch you know I like to taste/But without you it’s never quite the same
Boy, it ain’t no used one thing for a girl to do
Download it! Download it! /Gotta shoot that smile for me
If you download it! Download it! /I’ll be safe in the arms of love
Download it! Download it/Next best thing to reality
I close my eyes and your image appears/Yeah, the dream that I dream is right here
No I won’t deny what my body needs/So I do what you do till I feel
The pleasure, pain and I whisper you name/I lose consciousness for a time
Come round, you’re gone screen saver’s on/When you ain’t here
You blow my mind!
Yes I like to touch you know I like to taste
But without you it’s never quite the same (never quite the same)
Boy, it ain’t no used one thing for a girl to do
Miles away and my heart beat fast/And I miss you so bad it won’t last
So I boot it up and I wait for the sign/It’s telling me babe we’re on line!
Yes I like to touch you know I like to taste
But without you it’s never quite the same (Never quite the same)
Boy, it ain’t no used one thing for a girl to do (girl to do, girl to do, girl to do)
Gotta shoot that smile for me
You’ve got to download it, download it, download it
# I finished and everyone cheered, it was a good party right up to the end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“It was a great party wasn’t it?” Tess asked as we helped Michael inside the Evan’s house. Max and Jake were helping Kyle. I smiled at her.
“Sure, if you count Michael and Kyle getting drunk, Max getting into a fist fight with James and Mr. Valenti giving us warnings.” I told her and she smirked.
“Just an normal day for us.” She stated and I laughed as we pitched Michael on one of the couch while Max and Jake pitched Kyle on the other couch.
“Think they will be okay?” Tammy asked and Max shrugged.
“They’ll have a major headache tomorrow.” Max informed and she nodded.
“Right girls, lets try and get some sleep.” She told us and we nodded as we waved to the boys before moving to her room while the Max, Alex, and Jake headed to Max’s room.
We found ourselves in our PJs as we got settled, ready for sleep, Isabel was sleeping in her own room while the rest of were in Tammy’s room, Isabel liked it when she had the room to herself, something about lavender bed sheets being all hers.
“It was a great party.” I admitted, answering Tess’s questions and we all giggled before going to sleep.

TBC

The song is by Clea – Download It!
* Word was originally ‘blue’ but changed it to brown to fit description.
Last edited by Bubblegal on Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bubblegal »

Thanks to everyone who reviewed:

Emz80m: Tammy will explain why Liz feels she deseves the beatings later on in the story.

flyawayraven: Glad you liked it.

RASaero611: There was no way i was going to pass up the chance for Max to be a hero and i felt that Isabel needed some melting.

Lizza: Don't worry too much, you will not get graphics. Glad you liked the story.

orphyfets: You are getting on track, i can leave a little hint, Max will see something happening to Liz before she gets the chance to tell him.

anonymousarfan: Liz won't open up till too late. Glad you liked it.

kittens: Not all of the couples are getting together due to: Kyle and Tess - Fear of rejection. Michael and Maria - Denial. Isabel and Alex - Isabel's fear of letting someone too close. Max and Liz- Due to Liz's secret and both are just plain scared. Glad you are liking the story. Don't worry, everyone will get together.

Michelle17: same as i told Emz80, it shall all be revealed soon. Glad you liked the story.

WildSphinx: Glad to see you liking the story and i'm glad you like that Alex is warming Isabel and Max helping Liz. I'm sure you will like this chapter.

I wanted to leave a little note, one of my friend got mixed up with the ages.

Max, Michael, Isabel, Kyle, Alex and Jake - 18

Liz, Tammy and Tess - 17

Chapter 5

~~~~Max~~~~

“Damn it!” I heard Liz shouting and I got out of my bed, I pulled on my jeans and hurried into the living room where she was rubbing a towel through her hair.
“What’s up?” I asked, I noticed that she was wearing a towel around her body, she spun around, startled.
“What is it with you Evans?” She demanded, “You seem to make me jump all the time!” she exclaimed and I smiled.
“Sorry, I heard you shouting so what happened?” I asked and she rolled her eyes before pointing to the boys that were still parked out on the couch only the difference was…there was now sickness on the floor.
“I’m gonna kill them!” I hissed out and she nodded.
“Mother will go nuts if she ever finds this.” Liz stated and I sighed.
“Actually, I’m not gonna do anything, they can clean up after themselves when they wake up, I have to get washed so we go to the gym for the game.” I told her and she nodded as she followed me.
“What about Michael and Kyle, they will have a major hangover when they wake up, will they be able to play?” she asked and I shrugged.
“I make sure I have a couple of guys on the stand by, you know, in case of something like this happening.” I told her and she giggled.
“Well, I never knew that you were a scout boy Max, always be prepared.” She teased and I pinched her hip slightly, causing her to giggle a bit more as she jerked her hip out of the way. “Watch it.” She warned and I shook my head.
“You better go and wake everyone up before mom gets and up and decided to scream the house down.” I told her but it was too late.
“MICHAEL JOHN GURIEN! KYLE JOHN VALENTI!” My mother screamed and Liz giggled as she buried her face into my shoulder.
“Too late.” She stated and I bit my bottom lip, trying not to laugh.
“We better hurry up before she gets out of the living room and see us standing here.” I told her and she nodded, I bolted into the bathroom and she bolted into the bedroom, both trying to stop our giggles from coming out.
I shake my head, days with the gang is certainly never a boring day.

~~~~Liz~~~~

I hurried into the bedroom and shut the door behind me, I saw that Isabel has found her way into our bedroom and smiled slightly; the girls were all sitting up, rubbing their eyes, confused.
“Was that mom shouting?” Isabel asked and I nodded.
“Why?” Tess asked and I smiled.
“Kyle and Michael were sick on the floor, I don’t think mom is too happy to see her carpet ruined.” I told her and the girls looked at me, gob smacked and I nodded. “You heard me right.”
“They are dead now.” Isabel muttered and I nodded.
“Yep, mother was pretty loud when she found out.” I replied and Tess shook her head.
“So, when should we prepare the funeral?” Tess asked and we all burst into laughers.
“I can’t believe they would get drunk on the night before the game!” Tammy exclaimed as she got out of bed and headed into the bathroom and I snickered.
“Max says he has back up waiting in the wing just in case something like this happens, I don’t think Michael and Kyle will be so happy though.” I stated.
“Tough, Max said they weren’t to get plastered.” Tess stated as she sat up on the bed when I sat down on it.
“And we have to do the cheerleading as well, what the bet that some girls will have hangovers?” Isabel asked and I rolled my eyes.
“Blame Tommy, he had the party so he should cop the blame.” I told them, teasingly and she laughed.
Tess and I looked at each other in a stunned shock, we were actually joking around with Isabel! We both looked back at her,
“Okay, spill girl, just what did Alex do to you last night?” Tess demanded and I bit my bottom lip, trying not to giggle at Isabel’s blushing face.
“Nothing.” She denied, hotly, but her eyes were bright and her cheeks were rosy.
“Like nothing happened, come on, you are blushing and your eyes are telling us something happened!” I told her and she let out a small giggle.
“Okay, we talked and he cracked a few jokes. I guess you could say that we got to know each other.” Isabel stated and we smirked.
“You fell for the Whitman charm didn’t you?” Tess squealed and I saw Isabel’s smile dim slightly.
“The Whitman charm?” she asked and I nudged Tess in the stomach and she quieted.
“Isabel, Alex has this way of drawing people toward him, we tease him that it’s the Whitman charm, he doesn’t go around using it on all of the girls, the fact that he actually used it on you shows that he really cares about you.” I assured her and she smiled, shyly at me.
“Really?” she asked, both Tess and I nodded, assuring her.
“Yep, he told me that he knew that you weren’t an Ice Queen as you set yourself up as, that the real you were underneath that image and he wanted to know the real you.” I told her and she smiled brightly.
“Thanks Liz.” She told me and I shrugged.
“No problem, but if you hurt Alex, I have to hurt you back.” I warned her and she smiled.
“No problem there.” She whispered and that when it hit Tess and I, she had fallen for Whitman big time, Tess leaned into me so she could whisper as Isabel turned to go through the wardrobe.
“Yep, definitely something in the air.” She whispered and I giggled.

~~~~Tammy~~~~

Everyone found himself or herself in the kitchen, my mother was pacing the kitchen, muttering under her breath as she ran a hand through her blonde locks.
“Mom?” I asked and she turned to Kyle and Michael.
“Okay, you two are gonna stay here till you have cleaned up that living room floor.” She stated, Michael and Kyle made to protest but she was quicker. “Forget it, you made the mess, you can clean it up and I don’t care if you have a basketball game this afternoon, I’m sure Max had made sure he made precautions in case something like this happened.” She told them and turned to the rest of us with a smile. “Right, hungry?” she asked and we all nodded, we were ravished, spending most of the night dancing could make you hungry.
We all sat around the counter, talking and laughing as we picked out what food we wanted. “How was the party last night?” mom asked.
“Great, we have a great time.” I told her and she nodded.
“Did anything happen?” she asked and I smirked.
“The band completely rocked the place.” I told her and she nodded.
“Good, I’m glad you had fun today, now eat up, you will need your energy for the game today.” She told us.
“Do you think the North will be rough again?” Liz asked from where she was sitting next to Max and he nodded.
“I would bet on it, these guys really hate being on our turf.” He explained and she nodded.
“Just try and not have an argument this time.” She told him and we all bit back out snickers, they sound like boyfriends and girlfriends they way they were going on.
“Do you think the guys will be able to play?” Alex asked and Max shrugged.
“Yeah, I spoke to a few of them last night, as far as I could see, none of them were drunk.” Max told us and I shook my head.
“With the exception of two boys I could say.” I teased and Kyle glared at me.
“Hey, it was a party.” Kyle stated and I rolled my eyes.
“Max told you not to drink plus you knew that you had a game on, so you have no one to blame but yourself.” I told me as I finished off my juice and looked at my watch.
“We need to leave if we want to make it there in time, you know what’s the head is like if we are a second late.” I muttered and the rest of the girls nodded.
“We’ll come too, coach wants to have a word with us, see you two at the game if you can make it.” Max told Michael and Kyle as we all placed our plates and glasses in the dishwasher before leaving, leaving the two boys scowling and my mother smirking as she handed them a tub of hot soapy water and two hard brush.

~~~~Liz~~~~

We found ourselves in the locker room, dressed in our cheerleading outfits; they were a mixture of Blue and Gold, Red and Gold. We were allowed to wear whatever colour we wanted, Maria and Tess wore blue, caused they loved the colour, plus Michael and Kyle wore blue outfits while Isabel, Tammy and I wore Red, due to Max and Jake wearing red. Isabel just loves wearing red because it suits her.
The cheerleading’s outfits were a vest top and a short skirt with our sneakers and pom poms, while the boys’ outfits were vests and shorts with their names and number on the back. Max was number 7, lucky number.
“Why on earth did we become cheerleaders?” Tammy complained as she picked up her pom poms.
I laughed as I picked mine up.
“Because Isabel made us try out.” I reminded.
“Figures.” She muttered as we walked out of the lockers.
“Come on, it’s not that bad.” Tess told Tammy, Maria nodded in agreement, I just shrugged, not really bothered.
“Lets hope that none of us will fall.” Tammy stated as she opened the door to the hall and we bumped into the boys.
“Hey guys, good luck!” Pam stated with a toss of her hair before batting her eyes and walking off, swinging her hips.
“Was it just me or did it look like she had something in her eyes?” Tammy asked as we walked by the boys, causing them to snicker.
“Have fun boys!” I told them with a wave and they waved back. “Tammy, you need to start being nice to Pam.” I told her and she looked at me.
“Why do I want to be nice to the girl who is practically stalking my brother?” she asked. “The poor guy can hardly sleep thinking that someone is out side his window.”
“You are such an exaggerator.” Maria told her and Tammy flicked her a sly look.
“Compare to you being a drama queen?” she asked, innocently, causing Maria slapped her lightly on the butt.
“Watch it missies.” Maria teased and Tammy shook her head as we entered the Gym Hall, time to start cheering!
We walked into the gym hall and smiled when we saw the gym was packed up, the other team’s cheerleaders were on the other side, scowling at us causing me to roll my eyes. They have always hated us for some reason that it drove me up the wall; they wore their black and white outfits.
“What is their problem with us?” I asked the girls and Sarah Bell – the head replied.
“It’s because one of their star players has a crush on one of us, I never could figure out which one it was.” She replied and I looked up at her.
“What player?” I asked and Sarah thought before hitting on it.
“Grant Sorenson.” She told me and I wrinkled my nose as I turned to Tess.
“Isn’t that the guy who is always hitting on Isabel?” I asked and she nodded.
“Yep, you got that right. Isabel was forced to tell the headmaster what was going on because Grant wasn’t taking the hint that she wasn’t interested.” Tess replied and I nodded.
“I remember that, Max got into a fight with him.” I murmured and Tess nodded and looked toward the benches and smiled.
“Alex there.” She told us and we walked over to where Alex was sitting on the bench with the other members of the school.
“Hey Alex.” We called, waving our pom poms and he smiled as he waved back.
“How is it going?” Alex asked and Tammy shrugged.
“It’s okay, as long the teams stay civilised, everyone will be happy.” Tammy told him, we heard some loud noises and spun around to see Max talking to a team member of the other team.
“What is going on?” Tess asked.
“Max is arguing with one of the guys from the other team.” I told her.
“Figures.” She muttered as she stalked over to the bench where Alex was sitting. I smiled, each time we have a game, Max argued with someone all the time that it has become a traditional for him to do so, not that he noticed of course,
“He’ll calm down soon.” Tammy stated as she sat down next Alex.
The next thing we hear was a loud thump, the guy had punched Max and he was lying on the ground as the other guy kicked him hard in the stomach. I hurried over to Max’s side as Kyle and Michael grabbed the other guy, holding him back.
I, vaguely, hear Tammy laying into the other guy as I knelt down beside Max. I looked up at Sean.
“Help me carry him over to the bench.” I told him, he nodded as he bent down and helped Max up; we both draped an arm over our shoulder and helped Max over to the bench.
We sat him down and I grabbed a towel from the bench before dipping it into the ice bucket next to us and placed it on Max’s lips. He winced from the stinging pain before relaxing into the towel. “What happened?” I asked.
“The usual.” Max muttered and I rolled my eyes.
“Max.” I warned in a tone. Sean snickered and Max flinched, everyone on the team knew what that tone meant.
“Liz, it’s nothing to worry about. Trust me.” He pleaded, looking into my eyes with the puppy dog eyes; I glared at him before giving in. I would get the answers later.
I turned around to see what was happening only to see Tammy kneeing the other guy and I rolled my eyes.
“This is just my luck today.” I muttered.
“She just kneed him!” Tess stuttered from my side.
“What did you expect, she is an Evan after all.” I told her. “Completely Max’s sister.” I muttered, getting an offended noise from Max and I spun around. “And don’t you sit there acting innocent mister, you know fully well that you two are the same!”
“Prove it.” Max countered back, I planted my hands on my hips and rose and eyebrow.
“James?” he blanched before looking at his feet, muttering how girls knew him too well under his breath while Tess giggled from next to me. “Next time, think before you speak.” Before turning around and calling Tammy over.
Even though I’m the youngest one out of everyone in the group, I feel like that I am the oldest one of them all as I had to keep them all in line. I noticed that Jake had his arms wrapped round his girlfriend, holding her back from the guy while Michael was biting his lip to keep from laughing outright at the whole situation.
“Who says the games is boring?” Maria asked and I smiled at her, not giving into my laugher. I will wait till Tammy and Max got their turn then laugh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We arrived at the Evans’ house after the game and before you ask, yes we won the game. It was 49 – 46 so it was close. I think the whole of West Roswell is going to have a party tonight so they can celebrate they had won against the North.
We stepped in only to step back out when a loud voice rang through the house.
“TAMMY MELISSA EVANS!” Diane shouted the minute the door opened. “MAXWELL ALEXANDER EVANS!”
“Looks like you are in trouble.” I stated to them as Diane came into sight, her blue eyes flaring with angers, she stood in front of us with her hands on her hips, waiting for an answer to the problems they had caused.
“I got a phone call from the school telling me that two of my children got into fight during the game! That my son decided to have an argument and was knocked out and that one of my daughter decided she’ll knee the person responsible!” Diane exclaimed.
“We can explain!” Tammy blurted out and we all looked at her, waiting for an answer before she winced. “Okay, so we can’t explain.” Tammy muttered and Diane huffed.
“Every times this happens, I do not remember bringing you two up so you can act like this!” Diane exclaimed and calmed down. “Fine, for your punishment, you will have to do the house chores and the garden along with the garage, the basement and the attic, you two are grounded for the weekend too. No phone, no TV. Yes, you can have friends over and no, you can not ask them for their help.” She informed them before stalking off to the kitchen.
“Well, at least it’s not a bad punishment.” I piqued up, receiving glares from them. “What?” I asked, completely innocent.
“You could have helped out.” Max pointed out and I shook my head.
“Nope, you got yourself into trouble, you can save yourself thank you.” I told him and he glared at me. “Now, now, now Max, you never know if the wind might change and keep your face like that.” I told him and Tammy snickered.
“I’m gonna head to my room so I can get changed, we better get a start on the chores now so we can get them done.” Tammy stated and I nodded.
“I gotta get home so I can start on my homework, see you tomorrow.” I told them.
“Am I picking you up?” Max asked and I nodded.
“Yep. Later, have fun.” I told them before hurrying out of the house.
I arrived home and saw my parents standing in the hallway.
“What time do you call this?” they demanded.
“I had a game this afternoon, I had to cheer for them then I went home with Tammy and Max to let them know about the work schedule.” I told them and my dad shook his head, he grabbed my arm and dragged me into the backroom with my mother following right behind.
“Don’t you talk to me in that tone missies.” My mother snapped to me and my whole world went back as pain shot through me.
TBC
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bubblegal »

cocopucks:

Emz80m: Glad you like Tammy.

mrsjbehr: Hey, welcome! Glad you like it.

RASaero611: You will find out what the boys were arguing in the next chapter. Not this one though. Tammy doesn't always know what is going on, she only knows some of it.

Lizza:

anonymousarfan: Liz has special make - up that is designed to cover bruises, will be completely explained in the later chapters.

orphyfets: Close, you will get a little hint in this chapter of what might happen to Liz. Max won't see them hurting her but he will find out.

WildSphinx:

roswellian504: Glad you liked it.

flyawayraven: The reason why Liz's parents abuse her will be revealed later in the story, Tammy will explain it to the gang. Yes i agree with you that Tammy should tell someone but Liz and Tammy has made a pact, The promise that Tammy had agreed to is something big and she only agreed to the promise through a pact. If it gets broken, Tammy will tell someone what is going on. Help will come. Glad you liked it.

Chapter 6

~~~~Liz~~~~

I groaned when I woke up, the sun was giving me a headache. I sat up and ran a hand through my hair, confused. The last time I got a headache from the sun was because Alex and I got drunk. Now, that was an experience I never wish to experience again let me tell you.
I got out of bed and headed over to my adjoining bathroom, I stepped in and looked in the mirror before giving a gasp of shock. My face was completely pale and my eyes looked bloodshot and there were bags under them. I have the damn cold! Goddamn it, I so did not need this, this morning; I have a flipping test that I can’t miss. I winced slightly as I turned and I saw a large bruise on my stomach, just under my right rib and grimace, there were a couple more bruises around my body, I winced when I realised there was cut on back and turned better to see in the mirror before shaking my head. Better not let Tammy see it.
I hurried in the shower and made sure that the water was hot so it could elevate some of the cold that I had. I really hate being ill.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened to door and saw Tammy standing there; she turned to me with a smile before it dropped when she saw me.
“Geez girl, you look like death warmed over!” she exclaimed and I scoffed.
“Ever heard of tact?” I asked and she nodded.
“Of course I have but what’s the point of glossing over what you look like when you obviously needed it straight with no mixing.” She told me and I giggled slightly.
“Sounds like you are talking about a drink.” I told her and she rolled her eyes.
“Liz, seriously, I think you should stay at home. You don’t look so good.” She told me and I rolled my eyes.
“Tam, it’s just a small cold, I’ll be fine.” I assured her, I saw her mouth opened to protest, I gave her my death glare and she shut her mouth quickly.
“Fine, but if you drop dead at school, don’t come haunting me cause I told you so.” She told me and I was sent into another fits of giggles at the image as I followed her down the path to the jeep where it was waiting with Max behind the wheel.
He looked up and saw us, his smile dropped when he saw me and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off when he saw Tammy’s sharp shake of her head and warning in her eyes.
“Are you girls ready?” He asked and I nodded as I stepped into the jeep, Tammy shook her head as she followed me, I knew that she wanted to give me a lecture but I wasn’t in the mood to hear it, my head was pounding enough all ready that I didn’t need another headache on top of this one.
We finally arrived at the school and I sighed when I stepped out of the jeep, god, the silence on the way here was unbearable.
“Do we have practice this afternoon?” I asked Tammy and she shook her head.
“Nope, Sarah never called.” She told me and I nodded.
“Great, we are not on shift tonight either.” I told her and she nodded.
“Good, I have massive of homework that I need to get through tonight and working is so not on my list.” She told me and I nodded. “I gotta meet up with Jake, he had something to tell me.” She looked at her watched before hurrying off and Max turned to face me.
“So how come you are at school today?” he asked and I sighed.
“Max, we have a test today, I can’t miss it.” I told him and he sighed.
“Liz, it’s only a mock test, the teacher would let you take it after you got better.” Max told me as we entered the school, I went to reply when all of a sudden I felt bile rise up in my throat and I bolted for the nearest bathroom.
I ran into the bathroom with my hand over my mouth, I managed to get into the toilet stall just time before I was sick into the toilet. I groaned as I rested my forehead on the cool porcelain and sighed.
“Liz, maybe you should go home.” I hear Tess tell me as she pushed opened the door and handed me a bottle of water and I shook my head.
“I can’t, I have a test.” I told her and she rolled her eyes.
“Liz, we all love you and we would love it if you could keep yourself alive for us to love.” She told me and I smiled slightly as I drank some water, sighing at the coolness as it slid down my throat.
“I really need to do this test.” I muttered as I got up and walked over to the sink and rinsed my mouth out and washed my face before grabbing the papers towels.
“Liz, you really need to stop being so stubborn.” She told me and I smiled, weakly as I dried my face and threw the towels in the bin.
“It’s who I am, come on.” I told her and as I exited the bathroom only to bump into Max, who was pacing outside the toilet.
“Liz?” he asked and I shook my head.
“Nothing Max, come on, we have class.” I told him and hurried off to class to I could do the test.
We arrived at our table, Max sat down and I went to sit down when I began to feel dizzy. “Max.” I whispered as the room started to spin, he looked up at me and his eyes widen.
“Liz?” Max called out. All I could see was coloured spots forming around my eyes as blackness claimed me. I hate being sick.

~~~~Max~~~~

My heart dropped when I saw Liz’s eyes roll up into the back of her head as she started to fall backward, I hurried over and caught her before she fell to the floor.
“Mr. Evans!” our science teacher shouted as he came into the room.
“Sir, it’s Liz, she fainted.” I told him and he went pale.
“Take her to the nurse office so she can take care of her.” I nodded and hurried out of the room with her in my arms, holding her close to me. God, she is so small and fragile in my arms that I was scared that I was going to drop her.
I busted into the nurse’s office, startling her. She looked up and her eyes widen when she saw Liz lying in my arms.
“What on earth happened?” She demanded as she stood up and hurried over to my side.
“She wasn’t feeling well but she wanted to come to school cause she had an exam, Tess told me that she was sick in the toilet and then she fainted in class just now.” I explained to the nurse as she checked Liz’s temperature. “Is she okay?” I demanded and the nurse sighed.
“She has the flu.” She told me and I felt relief shoot through my body like a healing balm.
“What do I have to do?” I asked.
“Give me her home number and I call her parents.” She told me and I shook my head.
“Her parents are at work, they don’t like being bothered, I can give you my home number and my mom can come and pick her up.” I told her and she nodded.
“No problem, what this girl needs is bed rest.” She told me and I nodded as I recited off my home number and she called my mother.
I let Liz down and settled her on the cot that the nurse has out for people when they weren’t feeling well. She moaned slightly as she shifted on the cot to get more comfortable as the nurse brought over a cool wet pack for her forehead. “Here, place this on her forehead, it’ll help to cool down her temperature a bit.” She told me as she handed it to me and I nodded as I did her bidding. “Your mother said she would be down soon.” And I nodded.
“Max!” my mother shouted as she came hurrying down the hallway, she enveloped me in a hug. “What happened?” she demanded and I rolled my eyes.
“Liz has the flu, she refused to stay at home because we had an exam today so she ended up fainting in class.” I told her and she sighed as she shook her head.
“I love that girl like a daughter but she really drives me up the wall with her stubbornness.” She told me with love in her voice and I smirked.
“You and eight other people, the rest of the gang is furious with Liz for pushing herself like this.” I told her and she sighed as the nurse came out.
“Mrs. Evans?” she asked and my mom nodded.
“Yes, is Liz okay?” she asked and the nurse smiled as she nodded.
“She’s fine, what she need is bed rest and a good night sleep and some good food, she has been pushing herself too hard lately that her immune system went down due to the pressure.” The nurse informed and my mother nodded.
“I’ll take her home and put her to bed.” She told me and I nodded.
“Put her in my bed, I have light sheets, Tammy prefers having heavy sheets.” I reminded her and she nodded.
“Can you carry her out for me?” she asked and I nodded as I lifted a sleeping Liz into my arms and headed out of the school.

~~~~Tammy~~~~

“Why does she have to be so stubborn?” I demanded, we were all in the quad having our lunch, bar Liz of course, Tess had contacted us and let us know that Liz had fainted in class and was sent home or shall I say, carried home.
“What did you expect? You know what she is like when it comes to exams, mock or real.” Tess told me as she took a sip of her drink and I nodded.
“Yeah I know, but sometimes I just wish that she would listen to us once in awhile and actually take a fricking day off!” I exclaimed and Maria snorted.
“Liz take a day off, that’s like asking a shark to swim backward and that’s impossible.” She informed us.
“The nurse says she’ll be fine in a few days, mom is making sure that she stays at our house till she is sure that Liz is better.” Max told us and I nodded.
“Good, maybe she’ll listen to mom.” Isabel stated as she played around with her food and taking a bite of her pizza.
“How come you are sitting with us?” I asked Isabel and she rolled her eyes.
“Pam hasn’t shut up how hot and brave Max is for beating up James.” She told us, “It was damn well getting on my nerves.” She admitted and Max sighed.
“Girls keeps grabbing my butt and slipping their names and number in my pockets, it’s driving me up the wall!” he told us and Kyle smirked.
“Go buddy, you can’t say that you are not gonna take up on those offers are you?” Kyle asked and I rolled my eyes.
“He isn’t a player Kyle, unlike some people I can say.” I stated; Kyle’s smirk slid off his face.
“What about the rumour?” he asked and Maria huffed.
“Haven’t you learned by now, not to listen to the rumour, always make sure it’s correct before believing it!” she exclaimed. “It’s like that time where someone spread the rumour that you were caught in the closest with Mr. Seligman.” Maria stated and Kyle sprayed his juice out in surprise causing Isabel, Tess, Maria and I to cry out our disgust.
“KYLE!” we exclaimed but Kyle ignored us as he turned to Maria.
“What do you mean? When the hell did that happen?” he demanded and Maria thought about it.
“It was last year wasn’t it?” she asked and we nodded.
“Yep, Liz couldn’t stop laughing for the entire day that she actually fell off her seat in biology, she ended up dragging me down when she fell.” Max informed us and I snickered.
“That was so funny, the rumour after that incident was that you and Liz were having sex in biology and things got out of hand.” I told him and he roll his eyes.
“Don’t these people have lives?” he asked and Tess scoffed.
“We live in Roswell, not L.A.” she told him and he sighed as he shook his head.
“I knew it was a curse when we moved here.” He muttered, causing the rest of us to giggles.
“Seriously, back to the topic, what are we gonna do about Liz pushing herself too hard, who does she have to prove to?” Alex asked.
“Her parents.” I muttered and everyone turned to me and I sighed. “You know, with Rosa dropping her grades when she was at school, Liz feels she has to make up for Rosa’s mistakes.” I told them and Isabel shook her head.
“Someone need to tell Liz that she is not perfect, that it is okay to take a break every now and then, if she keeps this up, she will end up in hospital.” She muttered and there was an awkward silence surrounding the group, not knowing that Isabel’s word could very well be likely to come true.
~~~~Liz~~~~

I woke up and blinked slightly as I looked around the room, it wasn’t my room. I turned slightly on the bed and a whiff of cool mint enveloped my sense. I smiled slightly. I was in Max’s bed.
Everything came back to me, I had fainted in class and I let out a low moan when I realised that I had missed the test. The door opened and it was Diane.
“Oh you are up. How do you feel sweetie?” she asked and I nodded slightly.
“A bit better. How did I end up here?” I asked
“Max carried you in, he took you to the nurse and she said you were to go home, they contacted me.” She told me, and she set down the tray and I noticed it was my favourite soup, sweet corn, potatoes and mushrooms in stork sauce. God I love that soup! It’s great.
“Thanks for the soup.” I told her and she smiled as she stroked back my hair.
“Honey, you need to stop pushing yourself, your friends are very worried.” She told me and I sighed.
“I know, it’s just, I had a test today and I didn’t want to miss it.” I told her and she sighed.
“Max told me that your teacher would have let you take it when you came back so there is no reason you should have pushed yourself.” She told me and I nodded. “You are staying here till I’m convinced you are better, the nurse doesn’t want to see you back in the school till you are completely cured from the flu and that means bed rest.” She told me, I opened my mouth to protest but she shook her head. “Nope, the gang can bring your homework home for you, you are not going to school.” She stated firmly and I nodded, knowing it was futile to even go against Diane Evans, especially when she was in mothering mode.
“Okay.” I told her and she smiled before kissing me on the forehead.
“Here, eat up the soup and try and get some more sleep.” She told me and I nodded as I began to eat my soup while she went off to do some housework. I smiled; she definitely loves mothering everyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Honey, I’m home.” I vaguely hear a female voice stated then some whispering. I turned in the bed, refusing to let the sleepiness go, all I wanted to do was go back to sleep when I heard something.
“Liz, come on, you need to wake up.” A male voice stated.
“Max?” I mumbled, confused.
“Yeah it’s me, come on, you need to drink.” He told me. I opened my eyes and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed.
“What’s the drink?” I asked and he smiled softly.
“Juice and some medicines, you need to take them if you want get better.” He told me, I groaned as I buried my face in the pillow, I hate medicines; they taste disgusting. “I know you hate them but you really need to take them.” He told me and I sighed as I turned my face, too tired to fight.
“Don’t wanna drink, wanna sleep.” I mumbled as the sleepiness began to hover over me again.
“I know you do but you really need to take it.” He told me, he slipped his arm under my back and lifted me up; he opened my mouth and inserted the pill before holding the drink to my mouth so I could swallow it.
“No more.” I muttered, trying hard not to gag the pill back up.
“One more.” He told me and I shook my head.
“No.” he opened my mouth once more and pushed the pill downs my mouth before placing the drink on my lips once more.
“This is the last one and you can go to straight back to sleep if you drink it.” He told me, I drunk down some of the drink before he placed it back on the table and laid me back on the bed once more.
He took my jumper off and pulled the lights sheets over my body once more. “Have a good sleep.” I heard him whispered before kissing me on the forehead as I drifted off into a deep sleep once more.

~~~~Max~~~~

I watched her sleep for a while, making sure that she didn’t throw back up the medicines, I had seen it happen way too many times before that I know I had to watch her. I remembered the first time it started, it was after her sister’s death, she contracted a heavy flu because she was out in the rain crying. We gave her some medicine, which she promptly threw back up, Mom was worried about it, Liz had never had any problems taking medicines before and she couldn’t understand why she was suddenly throwing them back up.
At first, dad thought it was because Rosa took drugs and Liz saw what happened so she decided not to take medicine but Tammy had a feeling that it was something else altogether, she still took medicine even when Rosa was on drugs. We never did find out why.
I left the room and headed into the kitchen where everyone was sitting, my mom looked up from the cooker where she was cooking our dinner.
“How is she?” she asked.
“She kept the medicine down, I made sure that she was sleepy before making her take it, you know it makes it easier as the body can’t be bothered to move.” I told her and she nodded.
“Good, the medicine will help her body fight the flu.” She told me.
“Is it because Liz spent that time out in the rain she contracts the flu easily?” Kyle asked and my mom shrugged.
“The doctor seems to think so, no one really knows for sure.” She explained as she handed us all drinks.
“Do you want a hand?” I asked and she nodded as she handed me the plates.
“Is Liz staying here till she gets over the flu?” Tammy asked.
“Yes, I made sure that she knew, could you guys get her homework for her from your class please?” she asked and we all nodded.
“No problem, Mrs. E. I have her homework in my bag, I’ll give it to her when I see her.” Michael told us.
“Same here.” We all stated and she smiled as she handed us our food.
“What smells so delicious?” we heard a male voice stated and my dad came through into the kitchen and smiled when he saw us but it dimmed when he noticed that someone was missing. “Where’s Liz?” He asked.
“In my bed, she fainted at school due to the flu so the nurse sent her home, mom is making sure that she stays here till she is better.” I told him and he nodded.
“Pushing herself too hard?” he asked and we all nodded and he shook his head. “Just has to be stubborn.” He stated and we all smiled as we tucked into our food, thinking about Liz and talking about our day.

TBC
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bubblegal »

Emz80m: Not for a while they don't.

RASaero611: Liz was out so she couldn't wince in pain if Max accidently hit her bruise, beside, Tammy is the one who helps Liz changes clothes and such.

extingman: The answer to why Liz's parents hates her will be revealed soon. Tammy is the one who undresses her, basically because she is closer to Liz than anyone else is and lately to do with Liz's secret. The fever could be due to the injuries, the answers will be revealed soon. No, Mrs. Evans didn't tell Liz's parents about Liz fainting, everyone knows that there is something going on with Liz and her parents as Max stated.
Don't worry, I would never let any of my story go without a dreamer happy ending.

orphyfets: Liz is trying to gain her parents' affection, which is the reason why she pushes herself too hard plus it's a reason to get her out of the house. Liz will be saved, don't worry.

Michelle17:

anonymousarfan: Well, you saw what Max did because James Manhandled her, so... There will be hints of bruises to the gang throughout the story but Liz will always have a story behind it. Don't worry too much.

mrsjbehr: Glad you liking the story.

flyawayraven: As i always say, go with your gut feelings, it will never steer you wrong. Tammy wants to tell someone but Liz had made her promise in a way that Tammy hates, she told you what she hated in the first chapter so there is a clue there to how Liz is holding her back from telling someone.

Glad you all like the story.

Chapter 7

~~~Tammy~~~

“Hey mom,” I greeted as I entered the kitchen to see my mom cooking at the cooker. “What are you making?” I ask with fear entering my soul, she really has those little habits of creating something weird and totally non-ediable.
“Oh, hi honey, just chicken supreme.” She informed me and I let my body relax as I let out a sigh of relief.
“I’m gonna go and bug Max. Liz will be back soon.” I told her and she nodded.
“I’ll send her through when she arrives.” She informed me and I nodded as I made my way through the hallway till I reach Max’s bedroom.
I find him sitting at his computer.
“Hey big bro.” I greeted, Max turned around and smiled when he saw me.
“Hey, thought you had cheerleading practice?” he told me and I shook my head.
“Nope the head cancelled, she had an emergency.” I told him and he nodded.
“Does that mean Liz is coming over for dinner?” he asked and I smirked as I flopped down onto his bed.
“Yep, so try and not jump her, we don’t want to give her a heart attack.” I teased, revelling in his splutters of offence and embarrassment.
“Tammy!” he complained and I looked up at him with complete innocence then rolled my eyes.
“God, ask the girl out and put us out of our misery please.” I begged and he sighed.
“I would but something is holding me back.” He informed me and I looked at him sharply before sighing and sitting up.
“The secret.” I stated and he nodded.
“It would be nice to know what it is.” He muttered.
“Max…” I started but he cut me off.
“No Tammy, you and Liz have been completely tight lipped since that day, hell, you have been really quiet that Mom is getting worried. And I hate seeing the pair of you like this.” He explained and I shrugged.
“Max, I really want to tell you and I know that Liz does too but I promised her that I wouldn’t and I can’t back out on that. Just give Liz time, I’m sure she will come round and tell you. I know she really wants to tell you but she is scared of your reaction so please don’t push her.” I informed him and he sighed before nodding.
“Can you answer this for me?” he asked and I looked at him. “Is it serious?” he asked and I bit my bottom lip as I nodded.
“Yes.” I whispered and he nodded.
“Okay.” He whispered and I sighed.
“Max, can you please just trust me on this?” I asked and he looked at me. “Liz really cares about you and she really wants to tell you. I feel if you just push her a little harder on it she just might crack but she is so stubborn so I can’t tell you if she will crack.” I told him and he nodded.
“Okay, but I can tell you this, I’m going out on a limb here to trust you.” He warned and I nodded.
“I know and I’m really grateful for that. I’m sure that Liz will crack eventually, she’s just scared.” I told him and he nodded, finally giving in.
“Hey.” A female voice stated from the door, we both looked up and saw Liz standing there.
“Hey, there she is!” I stated as I got up and gave her a hug, I had missed her at school, mom had kept her under lock and key due to the flu and we were only allowed to see to give her homework so that we wouldn’t contract the cold. “I had forgotten what you looked like.” I told her and she giggled as she pushed me slightly.
“Shut up, you saw me yesterday to give me my homework.” She told me and I rolled my eyes. “Did you get everything you needed from the house?” I asked and she nodded.
“Yeah, got more clothes and such.” She told me and I nodded.
“Great, now lets sit down and bug Max.” I told her and she laughed as I pulled her over to the bed.

~~~~Liz~~~~

I see Max playfully scowling at us for messing up his bed and I shake my head.
“Max, I have told you before and I will tell you again, you’ll never know when the wind will change.” I teased him and he rolled his eyes as he turned back to the computer and checked his e-mails.
“Are we having a girly night?” Tammy asked and I nodded.
“Sure, why not? I miss having ice cream. Mom kept me under lock and key away from my ice cream.” I told her and Max spun around to face me.
“I should hope so, you have suffered the flu, the last thing you needed was cold ice cream to prolong it along.” He told me and I rolled my eyes.
“Yes dad.” I muttered, he flicked my knee before spinning around to face the computer and Tammy giggled as she shook her head.
“Kids, dinners ready!” mom shouted, we sighed as we got up and headed into the kitchen, we all stopped short when we saw Isabel and Pam standing in the kitchen.
“What the hell is she doing here?” Tammy demanded, pointing to Pam, who was sitting at the table.
“For you information, I invited her.” Isabel stated to Tammy.
“And watched your language Tammy.” Her mother scolded.
“Yeah, when she get out of here.” Tammy muttered as she moved over to her seat, I sit in between Max and Tammy like I always do and Pam looked at me.
“Well Liz, you certainly know your way around here.” Pam stated to me.
“Liz practically lives here.” Diane stated as she smiled at me and handed me my drink.
“Thanks mom.” I stated as I took the glass.
“Mom?” Pam asked. “Do you not have a real mom?”
“Liz is like family Pam, as mom and dad see her like a daughter, she sees them as a mom and dad.” Max jumped in, defending me. I smiled up at him before turning back to face the others.
“Hm, must be nice.” Pam muttered and I smile.
“It’s great, actually.” I informed her and she glares at me.
“Hey Liz, have you done your history homework?” Isabel asked as she faces me. “I’m totally lost on it.”
“Yep, do you want help?” I asked and she nodded.
“That’ll be great.” Isabel stated and I nodded.
“Here you are honey.” Diane stated as she handed my plate to me before handing Max his then Tammy’s then Isabel’s. “I’m sorry Pam, I don’t really know what you like.”
“It’s okay Mrs. Evans.” Pam stated. “Can I have the same as Liz?” she asked.
“Sorry Pam, I only made enough for one person.” Diane informed and Pam nodded.
“That’s fine, I can have what everyone else is having then.” Pam informed and Diane nodded as she headed back into the kitchen.
Pam looked at me. “So you have special treatment.” Pam stated; I felt Max place his arm on the head of my chair and glare at Pam.
“Like Mom said, Liz is part of the family so it makes sense that Mom knows Liz’s favourite food.” Max bit out before looking at Isabel. She shrugged, apologetic.
“What is with you Pam? Liz is part of our family so leave it!” she hissed.
“I was just wondering.” Pam stated with a shrug as she turned back to face me and give me a smile, I gave her a small smile before turning back to my food, I felt Max place his hand on my back and play with my hair gently, trying to comfort me.
The front door opened and we heard someone come in and placed their suitcase down before heading into the dinning room.
“Good afternoon kids.” Phillip stated.
“Hey dad.” We all greeted and Phillip looked up and smiled at me.
“Hey Liz, you feeling better?” he asked and I nodded.
“Yep, just a small flu.” I informed him and he nodded before turning to his wife.
“You sure you are okay?” Max asked with concern in his eyes and I nodded.
“Yep, I haven’t been sick all day.” I told him and he nodded before turning back to his food.
“Oh, I heard about you fainting in Biology and being sick in the toilet, you know that everyone thinks the symptoms are of something else rather than the flu don’t you?” Pam asked, slyly, and I glared at her.
“I can assure you that I’m not pregnant.” I stated and Pam laughed slightly.
“Oh Liz, we are all adults here. I’m sure you can tell us the…” Pam started but Max cut in.
“Just leave her alone!” Max snapped out, anger flaring in his eyes.
Pam looked at him before looking down at her food. Diane and Phillip came out with their food.
“Okay everyone, tuck in.” Diane stated as they sat at the table. “Liz, are you staying over tonight?”
“Yeah, Max and I have this huge biology project to do.” I replied and she nodded.
“What are you kids doing over the weekend?” Phillip asked.
“Working.” Tammy, Max and I grumbled. “Hanging out.” Isabel and Pam stated at the same time.
Phillip smiled at the three of us.
“At least you are being paid at the end of the week.” He teased to us and we smile before turning to Isabel. “And you need to get a job, you can’t keep using our card.” Phillip informed her, sternly.
“So Pam, what are you doing here?” Tammy asked and I let out a small groan, tonight was not going to end good at all.

~~~~Tammy~~~~

I want to know why that slut was in my house and I want to know now. I never did say that I was a patient you know.
“Isabel invited me.” Pam replied and I nodded.
“Oh, so how do you plan to get home, considering Max had that whole project with Liz.” I stated.
“Pam is staying over.” Isabel jumped in and I threw her a bewildered look.
Great, we were going to have to suffer her the whole night, wonderful and please note the sarcasm here. I turned to look at Max and he shrugged, causing me to roll my eyes. Men.
“Oh, that’s nice.” I replied, sarcastically ad Liz bit her tongue to stop from laughing outright.
“So, what are we doing tonight?” Pam asked.
“Liz and I are busy with the biology project.” Max hurried out, making sure that he had no chance of being left alone with Pam.
“I’m washing Bast tonight.” I informed her with a shrug.
Bast lifted his head and looked at me, I smiled as I pat my thigh, encouraging him to come over and sit next to me. Bast walked over and sat himself next to me so I could scratch his ear. He was our dog, he is a cross Labrador and Alsatian and he is my little baby. He has black/tan coat and deep brown eyes.
“Tammy, what did I say about letting Bast over here?” mom asked.
“He’s not harming anyone.” I replied.
Liz stuck her hand behind her chair and Bast hurried over to her, he loved and protected her every chance he got the chance. Max smiled as he bent down and rubbed his hand over Bast’s back before slipping him a piece of meat, causing him and Liz to share an impish grin. I shook my head as the memories wash over me, every time they get mischievous and cause mischief, of course; they never get into trouble because no one could ever pin it on them, they are too much of angels to do any trouble.
“Pam, we’ll just hang out in my room and check out our homework then see if there’s any parties on.” Isabel stated and I smiled.
“Bring it on!” I stated and Liz laughed.
“Can’t we have a break from parties?” she asked and I shook my head.
“Oh no, we are teenagers, we are suppose to be living our lives to the full remember.” I told her and Max laughed.
“Can’t we just have a breather every now and then?” he asked and I shook my head.
“No way!” I told him and my mom laugh.
“Seriously girl, I think you party more than we use to when we were teenagers.” She told me and I smiled.
“New generations remember, we are suppose to try and make sure the next one try harder than the last one.” I told her and she smiled.
“So, what kind of name is Bast?” Pam asked and I rolled my eyes.
“He’s name after the Egyptian goddess, Bastet. She was known as protector of her owner and pregnant women. It fitted him perfectly as he’s over protective. You should know where the name Bast came from as you were in History when the tale of Bastet was being told.” I told her and she glared at me.
“Oh yes, I remember.” She stated and I nodded.
“Lay off her.” I heard Liz whispered and I shot her a glare for ruining my fun, which she smiled sweetly at and I shook my head. Liz has a big heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Liz and I found ourselves in my room, sitting on my bed.
“I can’t believe he think your adorable, it’s like talking about a little kitten for crying out loud.” I muttered as I hunted my drawers for the sweets I stashed in there thinking about my conversation with Max.
“Who think who is adorable?” I heard Liz asked and I banged my head on the drawer.
“Damn it girl! Will you give me a warning before you speak?” I demanded as she giggled.
“Sorry, do who think who’s adorable?” she asked and I rolled my eyes.
“My big brother thinks my best friend is adorable.” I told her and she looked at me.
“He thinks I’m adorable?” Liz asked and I nodded as I moved back to the bed, giving up on the sweets.
“Yep, I swear, if I have to hear how cute you are when you wrinkle your nose once more, I will punch him on his nose.” I remarked. “And don’t get me started on the nibbly thingies.” I muttered, thinking about where the sweets have gone to, I bet my big brother has been sneaking in here and stealing them again, oh that boy, I need to have a word with him.
“Nibbly thingies?” she asked.
“You nibble your bottom lip when you are thinking.” I explained and she blushed. “And he thinks it cute when you tuck your hair behind your ear whenever it gets in your face.”
“He does?” she asked and I nodded.
“Yup, drives me up the wall you know, listening to my brother talk about my best friend like that.”
“Oh.” She replied as she looked down, I smiled and shake my head at her.
There was a knock on the door and it opened, revealing Max. Liz blushed as she averted her eyes and I snickered.
“Something funny?” Max asked and I shook my head.
“Nope, what do you want?” I asked and he held up a tub of ice cream and two spoons and I jumped up and grabbed them. “Thanks big bro, luv ya and see ya later.” I stated as I kissed his cheek and pushed him out of the room before shutting the door and settling on my bed once more.

~~~~Liz~~~~

I looked at her as she opened the ice cream and handed me a spoon.
“Are you sure he finds me adorable?” I asked and Tammy rolled her eyes.
“Swear on my soul.” Tammy replied.
“Why?” I asked, there are hundreds of girls at the school he could have, why would he find me adorable?
“Because you are you.” She replied and I wrinkle my nose in confusion, causing Tammy to burst out laughing. “That’s the wrinkle.” She exclaimed and I roll my eyes. “He loves you because you are yourself, you don’t act like anyone else like the other girls does at the school. You accepted who you are and he loves you for that.” She explained and I nodded. “Why don’t you tell him the truth?” she asked and I looked at her. “Liz, I know how much you want to tell him.” I sigh.
“I’m scared, I mean, Tammy, you saw how dangerous he was when James manhandled me, how do you think he’ll react when he finds out that my parents beat me up on a regular basic?” and she nodded.
“I get that, Max wouldn’t do anything stupid though.” Tammy pointed out and I raised my eyebrow.
“He put James in hospital.” I pointed out and she grinned, sheepish.
“At least he didn’t get arrested.” Tammy replied and I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.
“That’s only because you made Tommy tell the paramedic that James messed around with wrong girl, implying that a girl beated him up.” I pointed out and she shook her head.
“Okay, you’re right. Max does tend to use his fists when he’s protective but that’s who he is. It’s because he’s the eldest. He takes upon himself to protect everyone.” Tammy stated and I nodded as I swallowed my spoonful of ice cream.
“Yeah, I know that but I can’t tell him.” I whispered and she nodded, backing off.
“Fine but he will find out one of these days, I’m telling you, that guy had a habit of knowing things.” She stated and I giggled.
“Like the time he caught you and Jake in bed together?” I asked and she rolled her eyes.
“We weren’t doing anything.” She defended and I nodded.
“Sure you weren’t.” I teased and she glared at me.
“Don’t even start missies.” She warned and I giggled.
“At least they are getting along now.” I told her and she nodded.
“Yeah, still wish they would lay off the last name, I never know who Jake is talking to when he calls out our last name.” She told me and I smiled.
“I get that too, I hate it when the jocks goes around calling out our last name, it’s like it’s too hard to say our first name.” I told her and she nodded in agreement.
“Boys, they have to do everything the hard way.” She muttered and I giggled once more, enjoying my time.
“What are you gonna do about Pam?” I asked and she shrugged.
“I dunno, I mean, I thought of putting honey in her hair but it’s too messy and Isabel would kill me if I got her carpet ruined.” She told me and I nodded.
“Beside, the last time you did that, you grounded for a month.” I reminded and she smirked.
“It was so worth it though, the look on Tish’s face? Classic.” She stated and I shook my head. Tish Oake was one of Isabel’s best friend, she had spread the rumour that Max had slept with her as payback because he refused to sleep with her, Tammy got revenge one night by putting honey in Tish’s hair then added feathers. Tish was furious and refused to go to school for a month because she had to get her hair cut due to all the honey being in her hair, never mind the feathers.
“You really need to stop doing these things to these poor girls.” I told her and she scoffed.
“Where’s the fun in that?” She asked and I giggled.
“Okay, I gotta go and do the project with Max, I’ll see you soon.” I told her and she nodded.
“Have fun.” She called out as I left the room.

~~~~Max~~~~

“Hey Max.” I heard a female voice; I turned and smiled when I saw Liz.
“Hey Liz, ready to do the biology project?” I asked as she nodded as she stepped into the room and sat on the bed.
“So, what really happened between you and Grant at the basketball game?” She asked and I sighed, she was never gonna let it go was she?
“Nothing for you to worry about Liz.” I told her and she glared at me and I crumbled. “Fine, he was making stupid comments on how Isabel was gonna be his and all that. I knew how much he scares her and I wasn’t letting him go anywhere near her. I told him that she wasn’t interested in him and that and I think I mentioned something about her being with someone else. Next thing I knew, I was flat out on my back and the guys holding him back.” I told her and she nodded with concern on her face.
“Do you really think he’ll do something to Isabel?” she asked and I shrugged.
“I dunno, I mean, I know the other guys are all talk but there’s something about him that sets me on the edge.” I told her and she nodded.
“You need to tell Isabel to watch out.” She told me and I winced.
“I don’t want to worry her if there’s nothing to worry about.” I told her and she’ll shrug.
“Isabel will want to know, if you are really that worried, why don’t you talk to the other guys and see what they think of him, if there’s nothing to worry about then don’t tell her but if there is a hint that she needs to be worried, you need to tell her.” She told me and I nodded.
“Fine, I’ll talk to the others when I see them tomorrow.” I stated and she nodded.
“Good.” She stated and I turned to face my computer when I felt a pillow hit me.
“Hey!” I exclaimed, she giggled as she hit me with the pillow once more. “Okay, you’re gonna get it!” I exclaimed as I picked up my pillow and hit her with it.
“Hey!” she exclaimed and I laughed.
“You hit me first, it’s only fair if I hit you back.” I teased and she hit me over the head with her pillow. I hit her back but she evaded it and ran round my bed, causing me to chase after her so I could hit her.
Soon, I managed to tackle her on to the bed and she fell down, laughed as we both stared into the others eyes. Soon as I look at her, I noticed her eyes drifted to my lips and I couldn’t help it, I leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. I felt her lips soften and she started kissing me back. I’m in heaven.

TBC

Later :twisted:
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bubblegal »

flyawayraven:

RASaero611: Glad you liked Tammy, Sorry. Tammy will get revenge on Pam later on. Don't worry.

orphyfets:

Glad you all like the story. And no flames.

Chapter 8

~~~~Liz~~~~

God, he taste so good. I wrapped my arm around his neck, holding on as he wrapped an arm around my waist, I winced slightly as he hit the cut and I gasped, I pulled away and shook my head.
“Liz?” he asked, breathless. I looked at him and I almost gave in. He looks gorgeous with his dark hair all mussed up, his lips slightly puffy and swollen from our kisses and his voice was filled with desire but my pain shoots up once more.
“I’m sorry, I can’t. It was a mistake.” I whispered as I hurried off the bed, I, neatly, dodged his attempt to grab my arm.
“Liz!” He called as I hurried into Tammy’s bedroom, slamming the door behind me as I hurried to the bathroom, locking it.

I slid down to the floor as my knees rose up and wrapped my arms around my legs as I buried my face into them. What have I done?

~~~~Tammy~~~~

“What the hell?” I demanded as Liz came flying through the bedroom door, she slammed it shut and slid the lock into place before hurrying into the adjoining bathroom, leaving me confused.

I heard banging on my door and I made to get up when I heard Max shouting.
“Liz let me in!” Max shouted, I looked at the bathroom in confusion before looking at the bedroom door; I got off and unlocked the door. I opened it and looked at my big brother.
“What the hell is going on?” I demanded.
“Is Liz there?” Max demanded and I nodded, he made to come in but I blocked him.
“Forget it big bro, you did something to Liz that cause her to coming bolting in here like a scared rabbit and you want to come in here?” I demanded.
“Tammy, please, I have to speak to her!” Max exclaimed and I sighed.
“Give me a min.” I stated as I pushed him out and shut the door and locked it once more before heading over to the bathroom and knocking on it lightly. “Lizzie, can you please let me in?” I asked.

I heard the lock unlatch and I opened the door and stepped in, she was sitting on the floor, her back resting on the wall. “Hey, you know, my big brother is outside my door, worried and you are in here, hiding.” I stated as I sat down next to her before cocking my head. “Do you want to tell me what happened?”
“Not really.” She whispered and I nodded.
“No problem, listen, Max really wants to see you, do you want me to let him in?” I asked and she turned to me with fearful eyes.
“NO!” she practically yelled and I nodded.
“Okay, no problem, calm down.” I told her and she sighed as she closed her eyes and ran her hands through her dark locks.
“It’s just too complicated right now and I don’t want to see him at the moment.” She told me and I nodded.
“Sure, I’ll just go and tell him that.” She nodded as I opened the bathroom door and shut it before heading over to my bedroom door and unlocked it and looked up in to my brother’s expectant face. “Sorry, she doesn’t want to see you right now.” I told her and he nodded as he dropped his face to the ground and I bite back a frustrated groan. “Max, what is going on?” I demanded and he shook his head.
“Never mind Tammy.” He whispered as he walked off. I sighed as I rested my head on the doorway, what the hell happened between these two?

I turned around and saw Liz come out of the bathroom, she was now dressed in her PJs, ready for bed; she wouldn’t look at me and I sighed, I knew it was time for bed now. I shook my head and got changed into PJs as Liz slipped under the covers and faced away from me, something major happened between these two and I’m gonna find out what happened.

~~~~Max~~~~

What went wrong? I’m lying on my bed in my boxers, looking up at the ceiling with my hands behind my head as I thought back to the kiss. She definitely wanted it and she was enjoying if the moan was anything to say about it but she freaked out. I groaned as I turned over in my bed and saw the photograph of Liz and I sitting on my bedside table. She was seven, I was eight, it was before her sister died, we were both dressed in our winter clothes, hats and scarves and all. We were both hugging as we faced the camera, laughing. Tammy said we looked adorable together and my mother agreed. I sighed as picked up the picture, it had been a long time since I seen her this happy, she was happy all the time, smiling and laughing and now she is…dead.

My mother said she is the life of the party but there is no life in her and I have to agree. Ever since her sister died, she’s like lost her soul, her reason for living and I hate seeing her like this. All I want to do is find out what is making her like this, why she is like this but her and Tammy are so tight-lipped that it would be a miracle if I can ever get any answers out of them.

I sighed once more, better get some sleep, maybe everything will look clearer tomorrow than right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found myself in the kitchen the next morning, everyone was sitting around the table except from Isabel, who was packing her bag, making sure that she hasn’t forgotten anything while Pam was sitting across from us with a smirk on her face.
“What are you so happy about?” Tammy asked.
“Oh, beautiful day isn’t it?” Pam asked as she flicked a look at me and I rolled my eyes in annoyance while Tammy looked out of the window with a puzzled look, it was pouring down the with rain and there was a hint of thunder heading out way, looks like it will be a stormy night tonight.
“Is she high on drugs or something?” I heard Tammy whispered to Liz, she stifled a snicker before reaffirming her stony face expression.
Awfully quiet today, aren’t you?” my mom asked, I snuck a look at Liz but she was picking at her food while staring at it.

Tammy was shooting confused looks at us while Pam was smirking.
“Late night.” Liz whispered and my mom nodded.
“Okay, but hurry up, you need to leave for school soon.” Mom informed us.
“Sure, are you girls wanting a lift?” I asked, Tammy and Liz. I saw Liz freeze for a minute then gave me a quick nod; I felt relief go through my body.
“Sure.” Pam stated and Tammy smirked.
“Your friends are coming to pick up you and Isabel.” Tammy informed Pam and hid a smile when she saw Pam blanch.

I shook my head, Tammy really likes to see Pam humiliated.
“Oh, I thought she usually take a lift with you.” Pam stated and Liz shook her head.
“Some times she does but there’s not really a lot of room in the jeep, we have to pick up Michael.” Liz informed her and I groaned.
“Do I have too?” I asked and she nodded.
“Michael has something to tell you.” She told me and I nodded.
“Fine, I’m gonna grab my bag, do you want me to grabs yours?” I asked the girls, they nodded as I hurried out of the room before Pam could ask me to grab her bag for her.

I came back and saw my mother standing at the window.
“Looks like Thunder and lightening tonight.” My mother murmured.
“I like thunder and lightening, it makes the night more bearable.” Liz stated and my mother turned to face Liz with a smile.
“You and your fascinating with Thunder and lightening.” She teased, affectionately and Liz smiled as I placed the bags on the table before heading over to the dishwasher with the plates. “Isabel, hurry up, your friends will be here in a minute.” My mom called.
“That reminds me, we need to leave if we want to get Michael and get to school so we can get a parking spot near the school.” I told Liz and Tammy, they nodded as they finished their drinks, placed them in the dishwasher before grabbing their bags, we all kissed mom goodbye before hurrying out to the jeep, with the top on. Thank god I put it up last night.

We arrived at the school, everyone was already there, waiting at my locker and I sighed.
“Why is it always my locker everyone gotta wait at? Why can’t you go and bug someone else’s locker?” I asked and Michael smirked.
“Cause, Maxwell, we just love bugging you.” He stated and Tammy wrinkled her nose.
“That so did not sound right.” She informed and I bit back a snicker at Michael’s shocked look.
“I gotta go, I’ll see you guys later when we have class together.” Liz stated to us all as she walked away with a wave.

Tammy turned to me and grabbed me by the lapel of my jacket.
“Max, I want an answer and I want it now!” Tammy stated as she hauled me into an empty classroom and shut the door before spinning around on me. “My best friend is practically running away from you and you are walking around with this lost puppy look on your face. I know that something happened last night and I wanna know now!” she snapped. I sighed as I rested my lower back on the teacher’s desk as she hopped up and sat on the table across from me.
“Liz and I kissed last night.” I told her and her face split into a wide grin.
“You kissed?” she asked. “Go!” but her smile dropped when reality settled in and she groaned. “She freaked out, didn’t she?” she asked and I nodded and she sighed. “Okay, here’s what you’re gonna do.” She told me as she hopped off the desk. “You are not gonna leave Liz alone, she is finally giving in to her feelings for you so you need to make sure she doesn’t put the wall up around them.” Tammy stated.
“Tammy…” I started and she shook her head.
“Max, trust me on this one. If Liz let down her guard to kiss you that means she’s weakening, that she is beginning to trust you with her heart, if she can trust you with her heart then she just might be able to trust you with her secret.” She told me and I froze as hope shot through my body.
“Really?” I asked, I really wanted to know what was making Liz so dead, so lifeless and bring the life back in to her. To make her see that she has everything to live for.
“I’m not saying that she will, there is hope. God Max I really hope she will tell you because keeping this as a secret is destroying both of us.” She told me as she ran a hand through her locks before looking at me. “Please, don’t give up on her.” She begged and I nodded.
“I won’t.” I whispered, she closed her eyes in relief before hugging me and hurrying out of the classroom, making me wonder about the secret once more, just what the hell was going on?

~~~~Liz~~~~

I found myself in one of the Eraser room; there was a small table in it that I hid myself under it. I needed to think about everything that was happening and I felt it was happening too quickly all at the one time. I sighed as I look up at the bottom of the table, my sister died when I was eight years old, god she was only sixteen at the time, she had her whole life ahead of her and she died because of something I said. I shook my head. I could feel myself weakening toward Max, I was beginning to trust him with my heart, if I could trust him with my heart, does that mean I will be trusting him with my secret? God everything’s so mixed up, I can’t let him know, no, not now after everything with James and that. Who knows what he might do.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t hear the door open and light footsteps heading my way.
“Hey Lizzie, how come you are hiding under here?” I hear a female voice asked and looked up, I saw Tess kneeling in front of me and I smiled slightly.
“Hey Tess.” I replied and she crawled in beside me.
“Wanna tell me what is going on?” she asked. “Max looks like someone ran over his puppy and Tammy has been practically been smiling like the cat got the cream that she is scaring Jake to death because, according to him, the last time he had seen her like that was after they made love, not that Max was happy to hear mind you.” She told me and I giggled at the thought.
“What about the others?” I asked and she rolled her eyes.
“Kyle told Max to give him one of your panties so he could pray to Buddha and see if Buddha could get you to have sex with Max, Michael is teasing Max for the lost puppy look then started panicking that Bast had been knocked down, Maria is babbling a mile, something about catching her mother and Jim in a compromising position and best friends disappearing every minute. Isabel is in fits of hysteric, you know how much she loves it when everyone starts panicking for no reason and Alex is thinking the whole world has gone mad on him.” Tess informed me with a shrug, acting like it was an everyday experience that I couldn’t help but smile.
“They are great aren’t they?” I asked and she nodded.
“Yeah, they just know how to make you laugh no matter what kind of day you had.” She told me, we both just sat there, leaning against the wall when I finally spoke up.
“Max kissed me.” I told her and she turned to face me with a shocked look before it grew into a smile.
“Never thought he had the guts.” She told me and cocked her head, curiously. “I’m guessing you kissed him back then freaked out.” She told me and I nodded as I rested my head on the wall.
“I love him Tess but I’m scared.” I whispered and she shrugged.
“Love is scary.” She stated simply.
“Why does it have to be so complicated?” I whispered, reminding myself of the conversation that I had with my grandma.
“Because if it wasn’t complicated, then it probably wasn’t meant to be.” Tess told me and I looked up at her with tears in my eyes and she wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I leaned in, resting my head on her shoulder. “He loves you too Liz and he is scared but he really wants to make ago of it. You own it to yourself to give it a chance to see where it could lead.” She told me.
“What if it doesn’t work out? What if we can’t be friends again after this?” I asked and she smiled.
“Trust me, you and Max are practically made for each other, you will make this work.” She told me and I smiled before closing my eyes and let myself be comfort by the stroking rhythm of Tess playing with my hair. At least I still had my friends with me.

TBC
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bubblegal »

Emz80m: Not for a while, Liz is determined to protect Max and her parents.

Lizza: Yep you did, glad to see that you like Tess in this story. Glad to see that my fic is getting to you.

sox: Glad you are liking the story, don't need to worry if Max and Liz are gonna get back together.

Michelle17:

anonymousarfan: You will find out if Liz will give Max a chance in this chapter.

orphyfets:

Maxsgurl: Glad you like the story.

Okay, here's the chapter! Hope you like it.

Here it is! The chapter you have been waiting for (No, not Max finding out the truth Chapter. The other one.) Enjoy :twisted: This chapter has been taken from sexual healing, as there's no aliens, well i just had to get our dreamers into trouble another way :wink:

Chapter 9

~~~~Liz~~~~

“Liz!” I hear a female voice shout and I spun around, knocking over the bowl of strawberries.
“God Maria.” I exclaimed when I saw her standing behind me and she shook her head.
“I called your name like a million times, where were you?” she demanded and I blushed slightly as my memory went straight back to my fantasies of Max… in the shower…with me… in the girl’s locker room. Damn that was one hot fantasy and Maria just had to interrupt before it got to the good part. I shook my head and knelt down and started picking up the strawberries. “You okay?” she asked and I gave her a small smile.
“Yeah, I’m fine, just tired.” I explained and she nodded as she looked up the door and gave a saucy smile before looking at me.
“You have a visitor.” She told me and I looked up to see Max standing in the doorway wearing his dark jeans, a black t- shirt and his brown leather jacket, he moved toward us as Maria picked up a strawberry and bit into it. “Mmh, sweet.” She told me before getting up and handing Max a strawberry and walking off, leaving Max staring at the strawberry in confusion and turning to face me and kneeling down beside me, helping me pick up the strawberries.
“I hope I didn’t startle you.” He told me and I rolled my eyes as I gave him a smile.
“No, this happens all the time.” I assured him and he smiled as we stood up and he placed the extra strawberry into the bowl and I headed into the kitchen with him following me.

I entered the kitchen and turned to see him leaning against the doorway. “What are you doing here Max?”
“We didn’t get to, you know, talk about that night.” He told me and I nodded.
“What about it?” I asked and he shrugged.
“I just wanted to make sure that we were friends.” He told me and I looked at him, curiously.
“Yeah, we are, why?” I asked.
“It’s just… about that night…” he stuttered and I smiled, letting him off as I turned my body to face his.
“It okay, people tend to do dumb things when they are confused. I understand.” I told him as I brushed by him to get to the fridge.
“And we’re friends?” he asked, I pulled away from the fridge and smiled.
“Yeah, we’re friends.” I told him as I shut the fridge door.
“Just friends?” he asked and I nodded.
“Yeah,” I stated as I brushed passed him once more.

All of a sudden I felt a hand on my arm, spinning me around. Soon, I found myself face to face with Max; he leant in and kissed me hard, we both pulled away before leaning back into the kiss once more. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let one of my hand play with the nape of his hair, god I love the way how it curled around his neck.

All of a sudden, I found myself sitting on the kitchen counter, Max spread my legs and stepped in between them as he let go of my lips and attacked my neck, I let out a low moan as his hands slid down to my thighs and held on as we rubbed up against each other.
“Liz…” we hear a female voice stated and a gasp then we both broke apart, we saw Maria standing there with a stunned look on her face. I gulped as I looked at Max and saw him looking at me before we looked at her again. I groaned silently in my head, I was so going to get a lecture from her tonight.

~~~~Tammy~~~~

I was sitting in the kitchen, eating Pfish Food from Ben and Jerry, the parents were out for dinner because my dad didn’t want mom to cook and I can’t say I blame him. Isabel was in her bedroom talking to Alex again, she’s ringing up big phone bills, hope dad doesn’t go nuts when he sees the bill, last thing I want to get a lecture of huge phone bills. I shook my head and the backdoor opened and Max came in with a silly grin on his face.
“Hey big bro, what are you happy about?” I asked, he lifted me out of my seat and spun me around, causing me to squeal as I held onto my spoon. “Let me down you nutter.” I told him. He put me down and I looked at him. “So, are you gonna tell me?” I asked and he smiled.
“I just kissed Liz Parker.” He told me and I rolled my eyes.
“Yeah, you kissed her and she bolted but it doesn’t explain why you are acting silly right now.” I told him and he sighed before cupping my face.
“My poor, naive little sister, I just kissed her tonight.” He told me and I gasped.
“You didn’t!” I stated and he nodded.
“Yep, I kissed her again and she kissed me back, we are going to talk tomorrow about what happening.” He told me and I shook my head.
“I’m actually surprise that you had the gut to kiss her again after what happened the last time and about me being naive, let me tell you, I’m the one who lost her virginity first, you haven’t lost yours yet.” I told him and he whined as he covered his ears.
“No brother wants to here about his sister’s sexual life, to me you are my innocent little sister.” He told me and I scoffed causing him to nod. “Okay, maybe not so innocent, I like to think that you are pure as snow.” He told me and I rolled my eyes.
“Believe whatever you want to believe, just you wait you have sex for the first time and we’ll see you singing a different tune.” I told him and he nodded.
“Okay, I’m going to bed, how come you are still up?” he asked and I wrinkled my nose.
“Can’t sleep, I’m just restless for some reason.” I told him and he nodded.
“Try some of that hot lemonade/strawberry you drink, that should help you sleep better.” He told me and I nodded.
“Sure, have a good night.” I told him, he smiled and kissed me on the forehead before heading off to his room, whistling a tune, I smiled as I shook my head in amusement; the boy has it bad.

~~~~Max~~~~

I was walking toward the science lab when Michael suddenly came up my side.
“Hey Maxwell.” He greeted and I smirked, he really loves calling me Maxwell, some times I think he does it to annoy the life out of me.
“Hey Michael, what’s up?” I asked and he smirked.
“There a soap factory party on this Friday, you coming down?” he asked and I thought about it before shrugging.
“Why not, Tammy is looking for a night out and I know that Maria, Kyle and Tess will never pass up the chance for a party. Count me in, I’ll ask Liz if she wants to come.” I told him and he nodded as we got nearer the science lab door.
“Later buddy, have fun.” He told me, pushing me slightly, causing me to punch him, playfully, in his side as I walked into the class.

I stopped slightly when I saw Liz sitting at our usual table, she looked up when I entered and smiled shyly, I smiled back as I moved over to my seat and sat next to her.
“Hi.” She whispered and I smiled.
“Hey.” I whispered back, I looked up at our teacher before slipping a piece of paper toward her, she smiled as she picked up the paper while leaning into me, I leant over and nuzzled her neck, inhaling her scent that was her, she giggled slightly as I brushed a kiss over her ear before sliding my hands over her waist as my lips trailed down her neck. She moaned slightly as her hand slid into my hair as she tilted her neck slightly to the side. I just placed a kiss when we heard coughing; we both broke apart and stared up our teacher, who was standing in front of us with a raised eyebrow and the rest of the class staring at us in a stunned shock while Tess was smirking.
“Am I interrupting anything?” he asked, we both shook our head vigorously and he shook his head. “Please report to here after school, formerly known as…detention.” He stated; Liz blushed slightly as she ducked down in her seat a bit while I cleared my throat as the teacher moved back to his desk.

Liz opened the note and saw that I had written ‘Eraser Room? Sixth Period?’ she looked at me with a sly smile and amused expression over her face as she folded the note and placed it in her back pocket before turning back to face the teacher, both hoping that the time will pass really quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Liz and I soon found ourselves in the Eraser Room, locked in a make out session. The taste of her strawberry lip-gloss filled my tongue every time I enter the deepest recess of her mouth, trying to acquaint myself with her.
God I love her kisses, the way how she makes these low noises in the back of her throat and how her small hands clutch the back of my jacket. I let out a small groan as I break the kiss and trail my lips from her cheek till I reached her neck. I started kissing and licking slightly as well as sucking on her pleasure point, I felt her head fall backward in pleasure as the hand in my hair tightened slightly as I pressed her up against the wall lightly as my hand brushed over her hips, pulling her closer as we grinded ourselves as I made my way back up to her lips, taking them in again. Doesn’t matter how long, I can’t stay away from her lips, she taste so good!
“Max.” she whispered and I felt shot of lust shoot through my body as she wrapped her arms around my neck, causing her jacket to fall off her shoulders. I couldn’t help but reach up and stroke the silky skin as my other hand intertwine with her dark silky locks. “Oh god.” She muttered as I sucked on her bottom lip before letting it slide my mouth, wetly before attacking her neck once more.
All of a sudden, the door slammed open and a flood of light filled the room with a shadow hanging over us, we both broke apart but I kept my arms around her waist as we looked up, causing me to drop my arms from her waist like she was on fire. “Oh god!” Liz whispered as we both looked at the principal before looking at each other, gulping. We are in so much trouble.

~~~~Liz~~~~~

“I still don’t see why I have to be involved!” I hear a female voice exclaimed and Max groaned as he buried his face in his hands. Tammy has been dragged in. We were both sitting on the chairs outside of the Principal’s office.
“I’m in hell.” He muttered and I bit back a smile at his despondent look.
“Why do they always bring Tammy into it or you?” I asked and he shrugged.
“Could be god playing tricks on us.” He muttered and I stifled my snickers, I knew that this wasn’t a good time to giggle.

What the hell have you two done this time?” Tammy demanded as she caught sight of us and walked over to us.
“Hey Tammy.” I greeted and she shook her head.
“Don’t ‘Hey Tammy’ me, I’ve been dragged in because you two have caused some problem, which I’m still trying to figure out why I’m being dragged in here!” she called back at the secretary, who just completely ignored her.
“We didn’t do anything.” Max stated and Tammy nodded, not once believing him.
“Uh, huh.” She stated in her disbelieving tone, causing Max to roll his eyes and bury his face in his hands once more.

“Mr Evans, Miss Parker, Miss Evans.” The Principal stated and Tammy turned to face him.
“Why am I here?” she asked and he looked at her.
“I have no idea.” He stated and she looked at him confused.
What have we suppose to have done?” she asked.
“These two were caught in the Eraser room, not cleaning Erasers, They are what we used to call, Making out. We are talking Sexual Activities here.” He informed and she looked at us with a bewildered look before shaking her head.
“Damn.” She muttered and I stood up.
“You know, this is a complete mistake, we shouldn’t be here!” I exclaimed and the principal looked at me.
“Maybe you and Mr Evans should have been less noisy.” He stated and Tammy snickered as she shook her head.
“I have heard enough!” my mother snapped as she took a step toward me.
“I still don’t understand why we were dragged in.” Diane stated and the principal turned to her.
“They also cut two academics classes.” He informed our parents and they turned to face us.
“I’m sure there’s an explanation, I’m pretty sure that Max wouldn’t miss any of his classes without a good reason.” Mrs. Evans stated and we all turned to look at Max. “Max?” she asked.

Max stood there, dumbfounded, his mouth opened and closed till Tammy piqued up.
“Lost track of time?” she asked, causing us to glare at her. “What? Come on, it’s pretty obvious what happened here, Max and Liz were making up for lost time.” She remarked.
“Tammy.” I stated; trying to cut her off and Tammy rolled her eyes.
“How do you mean?” Diane asked and I buried my face in my hands.
“Hello, you have a teenaged boy and a teenaged girl with hormones running around their body, include the fact that the pair of them had been lusting after each other for years. Oh yeah, making up for lost time.” Tammy informed with a shrug. “Beside, I still don’t see how every time Max or I get into trouble, the other gets pulled in; it’s not like I was in the room with them.”
“Tammy.” Max hissed, glaring at his sister and she rolled her eyes.
“The story of my life.” She muttered. “My brother and my best friend get into trouble and I get dragged in it, when I try and get out of trouble, everyone tells me to shut up.”

I couldn’t help it, I love it when she starts ranting like this; I let out a small giggle, trying to stifle it as everyone turned to look at me.
“Liz.” Max hissed, his eyes wide and I shrug.
“Sorry.” I stated as I look at Tammy and saw her smirking; I threw her a glare, immediately knowing that she had done that on purpose so I would giggle.
“What is going to happen?” my mother asked as she threw a glare at me, I flinched slightly and Max placed a hand on the small of my back, I refused to look up at him, knowing that he would have a questioning look on his face.
“Miss Parker and Mr. Evans will receive detentions for missing out on their classes.” He replied and they both nodded and my mother turned to me.
“I want you straight home after the detention.” She replied and I winced, slightly.
“Max and I have extra detention after school.” I replied and Tammy snickered.
“Great, the straight A students, all the teacher’s pet have gotten into trouble… twice… in the one day! Damn I love school!” she exclaimed.
“Tammy!” Max, Diane and I stated, I see our principal trying hard not to laugh at Tammy statement and I smile slightly, Tammy had a way of making people laugh.
“What?” Tammy asked, defensively. “I’m just saying!”
“Well, don’t.” Diane stated and sighed. “Max, I want you straight home after all your detentions.” She informed him.
“And you better be home after your detentions.” My mother stated to me.
“Actually, Liz is supposed to be to helping me with my homework.” Tammy cut in, and my mother looked at her.
“Tough, get someone else to help you.” She informed her before turning to me. “Home after Detention.” She stated before stalking off.

Tammy looked at me while everyone else looked at her.
“Liz…” Tammy stated and I shook my head.
“No Tam, she’s right, I have to go home.” I replied and looked at my watch. “And I need to get to my next class, if I can go?” I asked, our principal nodded and I hurried off, ignoring everyone as they called my name.

My thoughts were on what was going to happen when I got home.

~~~~Tammy~~~~

“Shit!” I exclaimed.
“Tammy!” My mother stated, aghast with my statement and I winced.
“Sorry.” I whispered.
“What is the problem?” Max demanded and I shook my head.
“Leave it Max.” I muttered, stalking off. I needed to find a way how to stop Liz from going home tonight, it would be worse, I knew it would but how can I prevent it when she won’t let me tell anyone?
“Hey babe, where were you last period?” I hear a male voice asked behind me and I turned around to see Jake standing there.
“Oh, Max and Liz got caught in the eraser room and the principal decided to drag me into the equation.”
“Damn, was the parents called in?” he asked and I nodded.
“Yeah, looks like they are in trouble tonight when they go home.” I muttered and he looks at me.
“Tammy, are you okay?” he asked and I looked at him.
“How do you mean?” I asked and he took my hands.
“You are shaking.” He whispered and I felt tears fill up my eyes.
“No.” I whispered and he took me into his arms holding me close. “I’m scared, I’m really scared.” I whispered and he pulled away, looking into my face.
“Why?” he asked and I closed my eyes.
“I can’t tell you, I promised I wouldn’t tell anyone.” I whispered and he stroked back my hair.
“Baby, you need to tell someone about this secret you are holding in, it’s destroying you.” He explained and I laughed sarcastically.
“Ironic, because it’s literally destroying the person I promised.” I whispered and shook my head. “Can you please just trust me that I will tell you when I’m allowed?” I begged; he looked at me before sighing.
“Okay.” He whispered; I closed my eyes in relief before burying my face into his chest once more.

TBC
Dani's fics

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bubblegal »

Maxsgurl: Glad you are liking the story so far, I just had to get Max being a guy in class.

monkeycgm: I agree with you that there should have been a Tammy in the show, she would have balanced everything out and would have been able to sort out the whole mess, but I am planning on making a story where Tammy is an alien with the rest, don't know when I will be able to put it up though. No, this attack isn't going to lead Max to finding out the truth.

Emz80m: Glad you liked it!

flyawayraven: Tammy is trying hard to stop Liz from going home, she is the one who keeps inviting Liz to her house and giving Liz excuses not to go home, it's hard for Tammy because Liz's parents don't know about Tammy knowing and they are trying to prevent them from finding out. She is trying to get Liz to give in and tell someone as Tammy doesn't really have a lot of proof, She knows that Liz will cook up some story for the bruises.

anonymousarfan: Yes she is old enough but the way HOW she promised is not one she can really break. Glad you like Max and Liz being back together.

Dreams_stars_Candy: Not one she can get out of, she is pushing Liz into telling Max, you know, giving Max hints and such and telling Liz that she should tell Max, but Liz is stubborn.

RASaero611: The reason why Liz doesn't want to tell anyone will be revealed in this chapter. Glad you are loving the story.

Lizza: You get to find out what will happen to Liz in this chapter. And you definitely got me confused when you posted a second part. Don't have to wait now, the chapter is here.

orphyfets: I'm back! Liz will tell you the reason why she doesn't want to tell Max in this part.

Michelle17: Tammy wants to tell him but she wants Liz to be able to trust Max and let him on the secret.

roswellian504: glad you like the story.

Okay, I just wanted to let you all know, the gang will find out but right now her parents are only attacking Liz on her torso. I already know how the gang is going to find out, the parents will lose their temper in a big way with Liz because of something. You just have to wait. At the moment, I know it's hard to believe but it's really tame attacking at the moment. I promise you, Tammy WILL tell everyone.

And I'm really really really sorry for this being late, i had intended to put it up yesterday but my mother made me paint the kitchen on friday so i couldn't update, i was planning on doing it yesterday but my brain was on overload. Here you go!

Here's the next chapter, hope you like it!

Chapter 10

~~~~Max~~~~

“Please tell me what I heard isn’t true!” I hear a female voice demanded from behind me, I turned from my locker and saw Isabel storming toward me with her lackeys behind her; she had this amused/bewildered look on her face.
“About what?” I asked.
“That you got caught feeling Liz up in the science lab and then you got caught making out with her in the Eraser Room.” Isabel informed, I smiled a bit as my ears turned red and I scratched the back of my head. Her mouth dropped open. “Oh god, is it true that the School called mom in?” she asked and I nodded. “Damn!” she exclaimed then giggled.
“It’s not funny!” I exclaimed as she clutched her stomach and leaned on the lockers next to mine.
“Isabel!” Pam whined and I winced as it screeched in my ear.
“I’m sorry, it’s just, Maxwell Alexander Evans got detention then caught in the Eraser Room with Elizabeth Claudia Parker, won’t be mommy little boy anymore.” Isabel mocked out then burst into laughers once more, causing me to roll my eyes.
“Ha, ha, laugh it up.” I muttered.
“Maxwell!” I hear a male voice shout and I rolled my eyes.
“I’m in such demand today aren’t I?” I asked as I turned around to see Michael, Alex, Kyle and Tess walking toward me.
“You do realise that Tammy is having a panic attack cause she can’t stop laughing right?” Tess asked me and I sighed.
“I’m sure Johnson will calm her down,” I informed and eyed them. “What did you call me for?”
“Is it true about you and Parker?” Kyle asked and I sighed as I nodded. Kyle’s face breaks out into a wide grin as he smirked at me. “Well, I’d never…” he murmured, Tess shook her head as she turned to me.
“How about the Parents got called in,” she asked and I nodded and she winced. “Damn, are you in trouble?” she asked and I shook my head.
“Not me, but I’m not so sure about Liz, her mom seems pretty furious.” I explained, Isabel’s lackeys had moved off when they saw the gang coming down and scampered before Tess could get near them, Isabel calmed down and looked at me.
“How do you mean?” She asked in concern.
“I don’t know, Mrs. Parker threw Liz a glare, which caused Liz to flinch, makes me wonder what is going on. I mean; mom wasn’t that furious that I was caught but it seems it was against the rules or something the way Mrs. Parker was acting.” I explained and they stared at me, puzzled.
“Liz might tell you what it’s about later.” Kyle suggested and I shrugged.
“I’m gonna see her later in detention so I’ll ask her then.” I told them and they nodded and the bell rang.
“Damn, got chemistry.” Kyle stated as he and Alex hurried off.
“Got Maths.” Isabel and Michael stated as they hurried off. I turned to Tess.
“And we have a free period.” Tess stated with a bright smile, I grinned back as I held out my arm, Tess giggled as she took it and we both headed off to the library to do some study.

We got settled at the table, ready to do some studying when Tess looked up at me. “You are really worried about Liz aren’t you?” she asked and I sighed.
“Yeah,” I agreed then looked at her. “Tess, I never told you this but, Tammy went to Liz’s house a few years back, my phone started ringing and I could hear Tammy shouting in the background, that’s when I realised that her phone must have auto dialled mine. Ever since that day, Liz and Tammy have been reserved. I asked Tammy what the secret was and she refused to tell me, that she couldn’t. I asked her on the day I first kissed Liz if it was serious and she told me yes.”
“What do you think is going on?” Tess asked and I shrugged.
“Does it look like she’s being abused? I mean, are there any bruises on her body when you girls changes in the lockers?” I asked and she shook her head.
“Nope, I checked and there were no bruises at all.” She told me.
“Could she be wearing make up to cover the bruises?” I asked and Tess shook her head.
“I had a bruised hips once so I tried covering it up with foundation and such, the make up looks darker than it usually is so it’s easy to tell where the bruises are but her skin is completely flawless.” She told me and I sighed as I sat back in my chair.
“We know it’s something to do with her parents but she doesn’t seem to be abused, maybe mentally or emotional abused?” I asked and she cocked her head slightly as she thought about it.
“Emotionally abuse is like where you tell the person they are worthless and such, that no one could ever love you and so on, she seems pretty confident, there is a chance that she is good at hiding her emotions so it could be that but I’m not sure, Mentally abuse is kinda the same thing except you are inflicting pain on their mind, making them think things they shouldn’t and such.” Tess stated.
“Sexually abuse?” I choked out and she shook her head vigorously.
“No way! If she was sexually abused, she wouldn’t be the person she is, she would either be withdrawn from all the boys and refuse to have any contact with them, you know, like hugging, touching, in your case, Kissing or she would be all over guys. I don’t think that is a case so we can just leave it out.” She stated and I nodded, glad that Liz didn’t fit in any of the category.
“Maybe her parents are ignoring her and it hurts her.” I stated and she shrugged.
“I dunno Max, maybe we should wait till she tells us. I mean, its obvious she wants to tell you but scared what might happen.” Tess stated and I nodded.
“Okay, but it just scares me, Tammy and Liz are in trouble and there’s nothing I can do to help them.” I explained and she nodded.
“That’s who you are, you take it upon yourself to protect everyone. Let them come to you.” She whispered and I nodded as we went back to our work, everything we said weighing heavily on our mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at detention, I saw that Liz was waiting in the room, sitting at the table and I sighed. I entered the room and she looked up before giving me a small smile as I moved over to the table next to her.
“Hey.” I greeted.
“Hey, teacher should be here in a minute or so.” She replied and I nodded.
“Do you wanna tell me why your mother was really angry today?” I asked and she stiffened slightly.
“She just doesn’t like it when things interfere with my education, the reason I don’t really sing a lot.” She told me, not once looking at me.
“Liz…” I whispered as I reached over and she flinched slightly causing me to pause, puzzled. “Liz?” I asked.
“Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts for a second there that I got a bit of a fright when I saw you hand.” She told me with a small smile and I nodded, not once believing it.
“Liz, do you want to tell me why Tammy was angry?” I asked and she looked at me. “She was telling your mother that you were suppose to help her study tonight, she looked like she was making excuses for you not to go home.” I told her and Liz shook her head.
“Don’t be silly Max, I told Tammy that I would help her tonight but I guess I just have to wait till tomorrow.” She told me and I nodded.
“Alright, do you want to go out tonight? We can talk about what’s happening between us?” I asked and she shook her head.
“My mom and dad might not let me out tonight, another time.” She told me and I nodded.
“Sure, Michael wanted to know if you are going to the soap factory on Friday.” I told her and she nodded.
“Sure, sounds like fun.” She stated and the door opened, revealing the detention teacher who was supervising the detention.
“Glad to see that you’ve made here, here’s your assignment, you may get on with it.” She told us as she handed us the pieces of papers we were to work on before looking at her watch. “Just hand them in when you’ve finished and you can leave.”

We both nodded as we started our work, I was thinking about what was going on with Liz and how I was going to help her while I had no clue to what she was thinking about.

~~~~Liz~~~~

God, he was getting to close. I sighed as I tried to concentrate on my papers but I couldn’t, Max’s questions were running about in my mind, he was getting close to my secret, he knew that something was up with my parents, that I’m sure of. God, what am I gonna to do distract him from finding out the truth?

I know that I should tell him but I can’t, I need to protect him and my parents from each other, I deserve the beating, especially after my sister and I…let’s not go there. I’m the one responsible for her death and I can’t let Max find out, god I love him and I couldn’t cope if I lost him as my best friend. Tammy had told me over and over again that it wasn’t my fault and Max will just tell me the same thing but what if he doesn’t? What if he agrees with my parents and hates me as well? I couldn’t cope with that.

I ran a hand through my hair as I finished off the last question, grabbed my bag and walked over to the teacher’s table and handed it in before leaving the room, without knowing that Max was right behind me. I blinked back the tears as I thought about what could happen, he would hate me if he knew the truth, I can’t tell him, I just can’t!

Out of nowhere, a hand settled down on my shoulder, causing me to gasp as I spin around to face the intruder, I meet the gaze of Max’s concerned look.
“You all right?” he asked and I nodded.
“Yeah, was lost in my thoughts.” I told him as I gave him a weak smile, he nodded and I knew that he didn’t believe me. Damn him for his abilities to able to look through peoples’ lies.
“Do you want a lift home?” he asked and I shook my head.
“I got a call from the Crashdown, I have to take over a shift, and everyone else is busy.” I told him and he nodded.
“I can drop you off there.” Max stated and I nodded as he linked my hand with his and led me out of the school.

It’s weird having our hands linked but it feels so right at the same time, I sighed as he led me over to his jeep and helped me in before jogging over to his side of the jeep and set the car in motion, driving me over to the Crashdown in silence.

~~~~Max~~~~

I arrived home and made to go to my bedroom when my mother’s voice stopped me.
“Max, kitchen, now.” She stated, I groaned silently as I dropped my bag near the coat rack before heading into the kitchen where my mother and father was sitting at the counter with this pensive look on their faces and my gut immediately tightened. Not gonna live at all.

“Yeah mom?” I asked, she pointed to the seat across from them and I sat down.
“We want to talk about what happened today.” She told me and I nodded.
“Listen, Liz and I are really sorry that we skipped classes today and we promise we won’t do it again.” I told them, ‘we’ll make sure that we go there during our study periods.’ I finished in my head.
“Max, it’s not that you skipped class, it’s the volume between you and Liz, don’t you think you are taking it really quickly?” she asked. “I mean, we didn’t even know that you were dating!” she exclaimed and I winced slightly.
“We kinda started going out last night, we had our first kiss two nights before, Liz freaked out and it wasn’t till last night she gave in and let us be together.” I admitted and she nodded.
“You see my point don’t you? You have only be together since last night and you are skipping class to make out!” she informed me and I nodded.
“Son, we’re not angry with you, we think Liz is a great girl, we see her like a daughter. We just want you two to be careful, there are a lot of teenaged parents because they rushed things too far.” My dad explained and I nodded.
“You don’t have to worry, Liz and I are not ready for that stage and we won’t be for a while.” I assured them and they nodded. I felt relief go through my body but it disappeared when my mother spoke up once more.
“We still need to have a talk about sex though.” She informed and I winced slightly as I kept my eyes cast downward. I was so not going to live through tonight.

~~~~Liz~~~~

I entered the house with fear rushing through my body slightly, I headed into the living room where my mother and father was waiting, I could see that my dad was slightly drunk due to the glaze covering his eyes and the glass sitting on the table.
“Where have you been?” my mother snapped.
“Sorry, I had to go into work, one of the waitress didn’t turn up and I was the only one who was available at the time.” I explained and she stood up, shaking her head.
“I told you to come straight home!” she snapped as she slapped me across the face. “I did not raise you to be a whore Elizabeth Parker!” she hissed out as my father stood up and made his way over to me, he grabbed my arm, making sure that he didn’t leave a bruise.
“I’m sorry.” I whispered but it didn’t make a difference as I felt pain crash through my body as my eyes rolled up into the back of my head and I blacked out.

TBC
Dani's fics