Fics by Anais Nin

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Fics by Anais Nin

Post by Anais Nin »

Welcome! Here are a few links to some of my stories:

<center>Works in Progress:</center>
  • Into Dust - Set in America around 1880. Elizabeth’s sister passes away when Elizabeth is ten years old. Elizabeth’s parents send her away to a boarding school, where she meets Maria. They grow up and eventually, Elizabeth gets a job as a governess for Maxwell Evans, a wealthy, single father.

This story will include supernatural happenings (Elizabeth is clairvoyant and she sees things no one else sees). If this isn't your thing, you should reconsider reading this.
  • Broken Wings with max and liz believer - Max and Liz vowed to stay best friends forever, and to never let each other down. Nothing lasts forever, however, and feelings tend to change, tend to develop.

Agonizing slowly, but surely, they drift apart, separated by their secrets – his feelings for her, and her home situation. Then, one night, Liz shows up at his window, sobbing uncontrollably, covered in blood. She begs him to come away with her, leave Roswell with him. And so they flee into the night, leaving everything and everyone behind... (WARNING: this will probably get dark and angsty.)

<center>Completed Works:</center>
  • Uphill Battle - based upon a challenge by Foreign_Taste. The story is set in Germany, Poland and the US, before, during and after WWII. Max is German, Liz is Jewish. They were friends before Hitler came into power, but their different nationalities drove them apart. They meet again when they're older, and the war has progressed. (WARNING: this will get dark and angsty.)
  • Dancing With Tears In My Eyes - Max is leaving, and says goodbye to Liz somehow. It’s short (just like this summary).
  • A Night to Remember - Prequel to Last Goodbye. No aliens. Max and Liz’s parents were against their relationship, and they haven’t spoken to each other for a long time. Two years after their break-up, they’ve graduated and are about to leave for separate colleges. Liz isn’t able to let Max leave without a last goodbye, though.
  • Last Goodbye - I wrote this for a competition at school. I was the only one who wrote in English, and I doubt it they'll appreciate that. Anyway, it deals with cancer and death, and with an undying, never-changing love. It's sad; I'm very sorry. It's also very short (3 pages in Word) because I had to use a limited amount of words. Sequel to A Night to Remember.
  • Breathe - A very short story I wrote when I was supposed to make my homework. I just played around with words, and the idea of Liz being old and remeniscing her life.
  • Snow Angels - Fluff Holiday fic. It's about Liz and her daughter, Ana. They're waiting for Max to return, and there are flashbacks to Liz's time with Max. It's completely AU. Just 3 parts, and nothing out of the ordinary.
<center>***</center>

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line, or would send me a PM. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Stefanie
Last edited by Anais Nin on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Thank you, Kara, for your reply! :)

I just reread Haunted Mind. The numerous mistakes bugged me, but I still like the plot I had in mind for this story. I finished Uphill Battle today, so I was thinking about starting a new story. I might consider rewriting the first chapters of Haunted Mind, choosing a different title and picking the story up again.

I'll have to think about it a little more. I'll have to be sure I know what I want with it, for otherwise, I'll just get stuck again. I hope you can understand that.

Thank you so much for replying,

Love,
Stefanie
<center>...endless so far in myself, follow me...
</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Kara, I restarted Haunted Mind. It's now called Into Dust, and it's up on the AU-board.

Thank you for getting me working on this story again! :D

Hugs,
Stefanie
</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Anyway... I strongly advice you not to read any of the other stories, because they suck, lol. Uphill Battle's the only one I'm sort of proud of. Oh, and Broken Wings and some short stories! I think Close Encounters is bearable, but I haven't reread it or anything, so I have no idea.

Many hugs,
Stefanie
Last edited by Anais Nin on Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Aww, thank you Ana, for saying that! *hugs* But I still think they aren't very good, lol.

So, how are you doing? Enjoying your vacation? I guess the weather is beautiful over there - maybe even too hot... it's horrible over here, lol. They say it's going to be better next week, though. Sure hope so! :)

Oh, by the way, Josephin updated Solar Eclipse today! :D Isn't that the most wonderful news you've heard in weeks? It's a beauty of a chapter, too.

She's awesome. :)

Many, many hugs to you!

Stefanie
</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Shobna, hey girl! How have you been? My God, it's been such a long time! And don't be silly; of course I remember you!

I did restart Haunted Mind (as Into Dust) but somewhere along the way, I lost my interest in Roswell altogether. I thought I'd freed myself from my obsession with Roswell and fanfic, but lately - now that my finals are over and done with and now that I have a lot of free time on my hands - I find myself venturing back into the world of RosFic again. I might continue Into Dust, but I will have to reread it and think of how I want the story to go on. I can't promise anything, but I can give it a try.

Don't you think that it's funny that, after almost a year of being RosFic free, so much has stayed the same, and yet, so much has changed as well? Most of my favorite writers are still here or at the LOD (with the exception of Dee, that is :() and yet there are so many new authors of whom I have never read anything.

Well, anyway, thank you so much for your kind note! I missed you, too, and I hope that I might be able to write some RosFic again soon!

Hugs,
Stefanie
</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Hey, you guys! Just letting you know that I have an author's chat coming up at Dreaming Among Stars, so if you're interested, make sure sure you're in the chat room today (Sunday), at 07/03, around 10.30 PM till 12 PM PST.

<center>Image</center>
</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Haha, thanks - that's very flattering. I might come to the chat more often, just to, well, chat. ;) It was really nice - it's a pity you couldn't be there. But anyway, I'll probably start posting again in a month, when I return from Italy. Maybe I'll be able to post a little bit sooner than that, but I want to be sure I can continue Into Dust this time.

Anyway, thank you so much for your sweet reply! Oh, and by the way, I loved The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Such a sweet movie. <3

Thanks again!

Hugs,
Stefanie
</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Aw, thank you, Ana! That's so thoughtful of you! You're right; I think my old e-mail address ehm... well, died, lol. I hadn't used it for a while, and then Hotmail deleted it. :? I'm ashamed to say that I lost your e-mail address in the progress (it was in my hotmail address book...) so I'd love it if you could send me your address again...

Man, I can't believe I turned 19! Time flies, huh? My last year as a teenager, lol.

Anyways, thank you so much for your sweet note! *hugs*

Love,
Stefanie
Last edited by Anais Nin on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Hey L!

Well, I'm working on Into Dust again... can't say when I'll finish it or start reposting it, but I'm thinking about the plot again, and have already written two pages. I want to write more, though, before I start posting it again. I'm taking a Creative Writing class this semester, so I hope that will stimulate me to write again.

Thanks for your sweet words! *hugs* It's good to hear that you enjoyed ID. Thank you. :)

Love,

Stefanie
</center>