Stargazer Newsletter

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Stargazer Newsletter

Post by vegas312 »

Lately I noticed that there's more and more new stargazer fics being posted, which is really awesome by the way but a lot of times I don't know when a new gazer fic is posted. I usually find out by word of mouth from some of my other stargazer friends and then I'm off to read. Still I found myself wishing we had some kind of system or newsletter where where we could find out about new gazer fics or updates. So here's the proposal Lisa (cardinalgirl) and I came up with...how about we start a stargazer newsletter. The newsletter will be to let us know about updates and new gazer fics...kind of like a yahoo group I guess. Anyway if anyone's interested just pm either cardinalgirl or myself or just post your email addy here.

PS. Sorry to the mods if I"m posting this in the wrong place.

ETA: Hey guys! The newsletter has been moved to LJ. You can now find us here

Thanks!
Last edited by vegas312 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

hey, nice idea! :D I like it :) ... hm, maybe we could somehow add this to the "Stargazer Stories Links thread" here? I don't know

anyway, here's my email adress: marti_ms@hotmail.com

and, should it only be fanfics from here or from Ezboards and other places too?

Trude
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I'd be interested! :D jbangelo@excite.com

I think it should be other places in addition to here. Maybe anytime someone runs across a new story they could just send the info to whoever is putting together the newsletter so it could be added? That way the newsletter would be pretty comprehensive.

Btw, Trude, I've been meaning to tell you how much I adore your banner. ;) Did you make it?
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

no, I just snagged it as soon as I spotted it (of course, I asked the artist for permission first ;) )
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

Hi guys, it's Lindsay signing up for Pooh for the newsletter. That's TrueLovePooh. Duh, lol. :D
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

jbangelo wrote:I think it should be other places in addition to here. Maybe anytime someone runs across a new story they could just send the info to whoever is putting together the newsletter so it could be added? That way the newsletter would be pretty comprehensive.
Yeah, we definitely wouldn't limit it to just this one site, since there are always a few authors who either haven't discovered this place yet, or just don't post here, and we'd like to expand our Stargazer knowledge as far as possible! lol

Cam and I need to work out the details, but I was thinking more of a listserv kind of thing more than a newsletter from just one source, that way anybody could send out their own information to everybody on the list, see? Instead of having to report your news to somebody else... saves time, cuts stress... :wink:

What do you guys think?
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Love that idea Lisa. :D
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Well, apparently Cam's making a Yahoo group instead... she's more organized than I am, clearly. lol So maybe ignore what I said earlier.

ETA: I guess a Yahoo group IS like a listserv, huh? lol See, she really is more organized than I am. :)
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

I would love to be addded karagail@netzero.com

Trude has been pointing me to some awesome stargazer fics and some fics that just have A/I as secondary couples. I know there are a number of great stories out there that we are just not aware of or they are lost by boards or sites going down. :cry:

Since I am the type who will not read a fic if it's a predominant M/L fic (which most are here) I think it would be helpful if there was a system to point out those stories that do have A/I featured in them. :lol:

Not that my opinion matters much but there it is :lol:
Kara
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

cardinalgirl wrote:Well, apparently Cam's making a Yahoo group instead... she's more organized than I am, clearly. lol So maybe ignore what I said earlier.

ETA: I guess a Yahoo group IS like a listserv, huh? lol See, she really is more organized than I am. :)
I don't really know how any of that stuff works. :lol: But as long she knows what she's doing! ;)