The Perfect Life (AU, M/L, ADULT) Complete 02/12/06

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

The Perfect Life (AU, M/L, ADULT) Complete 02/12/06

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Title: The Perfect Life
Author: Jessika aka Dreamer<3
Category: M/L
Rating: Mature/Adult
Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell do not belong to me all rights go to WB, Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, and UPN
Summary: Liz Parker had the perfect life, she married the man of her dreams at 18, she owns one of the hottest fashions stores in Manhattan, she has a loving brother and everything is going perfect. Then her husband finally makes a big break in is career and is shooting his first movie. Liz finds out she’s pregnant, and if she tells him that’s she pregnant he’ll drop everything to come attend to her, and she won’t allow it. What’s going to happen to her marriage when she lies to her husband and hes’s 4000 miles away?
Author’s Note AU, No Aliens

.Image

Thanks to Lin4u for this amazing banner!!

Prologue

"I'm pregnant." 23 year old Liz Parker Evans blurted out to her brother. Her brother was one of few people who ever understood her and would always support her.

Michael Parker looked at his sister, it just felt like the other day that he held her in his arms days after her birth. She grew up so fast, too fast if you asked him. She was 7 when she got her first kiss, 4 when she fell in love, and 18 when she got married. Now here she was, 23, and telling him she was pregnant, his baby sister was going to have a baby.

"Congrats baby sis, did you tell Max?" He was happy for her, he loved his sister to death and if she was happy he would be too.

"I can't tell him." Liz cried. Everything seemed so perfect when they were younger. She thought back to the time she first met him. Liz and Maria were playing Barbie by the swings when Max came over to her and told her she had the most prettiest brown eyes he ever saw. Since that day she was a goner. Max was her first and only everything. He was her first kiss, her first love, he was the boy she lost her virginity too, and now he was giving her her first child.

When they first got married, everything was perfect, he loved her with all his heart, and he gave her everything she wanted. Now it was her turn to return everything to him. Max loved Liz, Liz knew it, but Max loved to act. He had this glow in his eye whenever he acted, it was the same glow he had the day that they met. Now, he finally got his first big break to make it big, and Liz wouldn't be the reason for him to hold back.

"What do you mean you can't tell him, Liz are you crazy, you know how happy Max would be, I mean a baby!" Michael loved his sister, he would always support her no matter what, but she was thinking crazy. Max was his best friend, and he deserved to know the truth.

"I will tell him, eventually, but Michael not now, he'll drop everything, he's finally going places, and in the future I don't want to be to blame for ruining everything." Liz sobbed. She knew she was being unreasonable, Max had a right to know, and she was going to tell him, but she would wait till he shot his movie. It’s not like he would know, he's in Paris, he asked her to come with him, but she couldn't drop everything, she had a business to run.

"Liz, Max loves you, he loves you more than anything in the world, he would never blame you for anything." Michael reasoned.

"No, but I would, Michael you don't get it, Max has always dropped everything to be with me, everything, now it's my turn to do it for him, I love him, and I will do anything to make sure he's happy."
"How are you so sure that acting is going to make him that happy, and raising this child with you, the love of his life, isn't?"

"I didn't say it wouldn't make him happy, I know it would, but Max has been waiting so long for it, and I will not allow him to fly back here, I won't Michael, I refuse to."

"Liz, your making a big mistake, he's going to furious when he finds out you didn't tell him."

"Then so be it Michael, I'm not telling him, and I'm begging you not to either, Michael please, I trust you, and I know I can come to you for anything, so please don't say anything." Liz begged. Michael sighed, he will always have a soft spot for his baby sister no matter what. He reached out his arm and pulled her near him and gave her a big hug.

"You know I won't say anything unless you wanted me too." He whispered into her hair.

"Thank you Michael, I have to go back to store, come by later ok." Liz said pulling back and wiping her tears away.

"Ok, see you then." Liz grabbed her purse and waved bye on her way out.

Liz owned "Desired" one of the hottest designer clothing store in downtown Manhattan. Liz was surprised with how much she achieved at the age of 23. Growing up in Roswell the idea of big business was the local café that her parents owned, "The Crashdown." It was big in Roswell but no one ever heard of it outside of Roswell, so when Liz thought of making a business she pretty much figured it would be the same way for her. Boy was she wrong. She thought of the idea of making a fashion store at the age of 17. That's how Liz is, she was always smarter than everyone in her whole school. She graduated a year earlier than everyone else in her grade and graduated out of college in just 3 years. When she told Max her idea of course he was very supportive and he helped with everything. In less than 6 years she managed to make her store one of the best.

"Crap." Liz muttered when she felt her phone vibrate in her purse. She took one strap of her shoulder and rummaged through her purse till she found her phone, she pressed the send button and put it to her ear while pulling the strap back on her shoulder.

"Hello." Liz sounded annoyed, she's been having a long day, and she was missing Max terribly.

"Hi beautiful." Max said huskily on the other end of the phone.

Liz smiled, she loved hearing his voice.

"Hi, baby! How are you doing?" Liz asked walking towards her car.

"I'm ok, missing you, what's new with you?"

"You know same old same old, just working on the business." Liz unlocked her car door and set her bag down on the passenger seat and held the phone with the help of her shoulder while she put in her key into the ignition and put the car in reverse and then drive. She placed her hand back on her phone and drove using one hand on the wheel.

"That's good, I miss you baby," Max sighed, it's been 3 weeks since he last saw Liz, and he was going crazy.

"I miss you too," Liz sighed, she wanted to tell him so badly, but if she did, she'd ruin everything for him, and she wouldn't allow that.

"Oh baby, I have to go shoot the next scene, I'll call you later, k, I love you."

"Love you too, bye." Liz shut her cell phone and tossed it next to her bag. Her life went from perfect to disaster and she didn't know if she could handle it much longer.
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

I just want to say thankyou to all of you who left feedback!! I'm glad your liking it so far!

Chapter 1

Four Years Later

"Jason! Come downstairs your dad's going to be here soon!" Liz screamed up the stairs to her 4 year old son. She walked over to the kitchen when she stepped over one of Jason’s toy trucks. She groaned and picked it up.

"JASON!" Liz screamed again as she placed the toy in his toy box. Jason rushed down the stairs and ran into the kitchen. He found his mom washing dishes and he walked over to her and tugged on her skirt.

"I'm all ready mommy." He stated proudly flashing her a big smile. Liz smiled, her son was her life, he was such a blessing, after everything they've been through Liz was just grateful to have such a perfect baby boy.

Liz lifted him up on top of the counter and grabbed his face and planted kisses all over his face. She got giggles in return.

"Mommy." Jason giggled.

"Jasooon." Liz teased as she started tickling him.

"Mommy stop, it ticklesss." Jason managed to get out through his giggles. Liz laughed and stopped tickling him, she gave him one last kiss before taking him off the counter.

"Why don't you go watch some TV while you wait for your daddy baby."

"Yeah, maybe daddy's going to be on it again!" Jason exclaimed as he ran into the living room. Liz rolled her eyes, Jason loved seeing his daddy on TV, maybe because that was mostly the only time he ever got to see him.

The doorbell rang and Liz heard a loud bang before she heard the door open.

"DADDY!!" Liz heard her son scream.

Max smiled and picked up his son.

"Hey slugger, how you doing." He said giving Jason a big kiss. Jason laughed and buried his head into his dad's neck. Max laughed in response and walked his way into the kitchen where he found Liz drinking a glass of water. She was wearing a light blue tank top with a white knee length skirt. She had her hair down and wore no make-up. She looked absolutely gorgeous, and she still managed to take his breath away.

"Max." Liz stated coldly. She didn't know how things got so restrained with the two of them, if you had told her 6 years ago, that her and Max would barley speak one word to each other, let alone not being able to stand to be in the same room as each other she would have committed you into a mental institution, but now it was the story of her life.

"Liz." Max replied. He hated how things with Liz were, he still loved her with everything he had but he messed up badly. Even if she lied to him all those years ago, he knew she meant good, it was him who really managed to screw things up.

"Well you should get going, wouldn't want to keep you." Liz walked over to Max and took Jason out of his arms.

"Give mommy a kiss baby." Jason gave his mommy the biggest kiss possible and then giggled.
"I love you mommy."

"I love you too baby, have fun," Liz said letting Jason down slowly on the floor.

"I'll have him back by Monday." Max assured, Liz nodded. She didn't believe a word of it, whenever Max took Jason it wasn't ever for more than a day, he always got caught up in a press conference or interview or whatever he was doing these days. Liz received one last bye from Jason before he went off with his dad. Liz sighed and closed the door when she was sure they had left.

'This is going to be a long weekend.' She thought to herself before retiring to her bedroom.

Max smiled over at his son who was sound asleep on the limo seat. Jason managed to fall asleep 20 minutes later after telling him about the latest scooby doo episode. Max stared out the window his thoughts returning to Liz, not a day went by that he hadn't thought about her.

Four years ago

Max was so excited he managed to finish his movie a month earlier than expected and he was finally able to go home and see his beautiful wife after 7 long months. He wanted to surprise her so he kept everything hush hush when he found out he was able to go home early.

He planned to take her out to Benihanna, one of the best Japanese restaurants there were, and after that a horse drawn carriage ride awaits with their names written all over it. He just couldn't wait to see Liz's face when he showed up in no less than an hour.

Liz on the other hand was waddling around the house groaning about everything.

"I'm so fat Michael, god, look at me, I look like one of them damn umpa loompas from Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory, I'm short and I'm fat, just color me orange and I could pass for an exact replica!" Liz whined. She hated it, she was always hungry, she had to go to the bathroom constantly, and on top of that she missed Max.

"Maria I told you not to let her watch that movie last night." Michael hissed at his fiance. He loved his sister, truly he did, but she was driving absolutley him insane with all of her complaints.

"Oh don't turn this over on me." Maria challenged shooting him a glare. Michael gulped before shutting up.

"Liz, sweety your not fat, your pregnant, and you look beautiful, now stop sulking and take a seat next to me, while Michael here gets us some food." Michael turned his face Maria.

"What...Maria." Michael whined.

"Oh, thank you Michael, I actually want some watermelon, do you think you can run out and get some?" Liz pleaded shooting Michael her best puppy face look. Michael groaned, why does he surround himself with women? Why?

"Sure thing sis." Michael said getting up and grabbing his jacket. All of a sudden they all heard the door slam.

"Was that..." Liz started when Max showed up at the doorway of the living room.

"Yea." Maria finished as they all stared at Max.

"SURPRI...." Max couldn't finish his sentence. His wife was sitting down on their couch looking very pregnant.

"Hey, Max! I guess we should be the ones saying surprise...heh..heh.." Michael was trying to lighten the mood but received nothing except a death glare from Maria. He was never really great with drama.

"Liz, do you want to explain to me what's going on?" Max was shocked, Liz was pregnant this whole time and she just decided not to tell him, her husband!.

"I think we should get going Maria, Liz I’ll drop your watermelon off later, welcome back Maxwell." Michael said grabbing Maria's arm before rushing her out the door.

"Max, I can explain..." Liz started as she slowly got up.

"EXPLAIN, WHY DON'T YOU START EXPLAINING, WHY THE FUCK YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE PREGNANT!" Max screamed, Liz jumped back a little, Max never screamed with her, no matter how angry he was, he would never raise his voice.

"Max, please... I need you to be calm."

"Calm, you want me to be calm, Liz your fucking pregnant, and I don't even know what was going through your mind not to tell me, is it even mine!" Max screamed. Liz was taken back, how dare he think it wasn't. She felt her tears roll down her face.

"Of course it's yours, how could you even think something like that." Liz cried.

"Well, I didn't ever think it was possible that my wife wouldn't tell me that she's pregnant, how do I know your not cheating on me!"

"Oh Max, don't even start with me, you have no idea how badly I wanted to tell you!"

"THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU!"

"BECAUSE IF I DID YOU WOULD OF HATED ME!"

"What?" Max was confused, how could Liz ever think that he would hate her.

"Yes, you would of came back, ruined your career, and I would have no chance but sit back and just watch you throw your dreams away, and I don't want to be to blame when you never got what you wanted." Liz was crying so hard she lost sight of everything around her.

"Lizzie, baby, are you honestly telling me this, you always come first, always, and what could ever make you think you don't" Max didn't understand where all this was coming from. He couldn't get it through his head how bad things have gotten and he was blind to it all.

"Max.." Liz saw a woman come up next to Max. Max turned to her. The woman smiled at her.

"Hi, you must be Liz, I'm Tess, Max's publicist." She introduced sticking out her hand.

"Hi." Liz said taking her hand and shaking it gently. She had to show up now.

"Oh, Max you didn't tell me Liz was pregnant, congrats you guys, we should celebrate soon." Tess smiled at Liz, but Liz could see through her fake act.

"So Liz, will you be joining us?" Tess asked. Max and Liz both looked at her. What was she talking about?

"Joining you?" Max just got back and he had to leave.

"Yes, we have some promoting to do, the movie was just the beginning, I've set Max up for a press junket this weekend, then we are making appearances at the new club Paris opening, and we have tons of red carpets to walk, we have a lot to do before the movie comes out." Tess explained.

Liz was at a loss of words, he just came back but it wasn't for good. Liz wasn't too worried though, now that Max knew she was pregnant, he wouldn't take up and leave, he just wouldn't.

"Tess, where am I going today?" Max asked. Liz looked at him, was he seriously considering going, after everything that just happened.

"'Well today you have the Must Love Dogs movie premiere, so get shaking, Liz will you be joining?" Tess said looking through her pom pilot.

"I can't, the doctor ordered me to do as little activity that I can for the next month."

"Oh poo, ok Max, the limo is waiting, there's a tux awaiting at your hotel, your flight leaves in half an hour, make it quick." Tess walked to Liz gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and walked out.

"Max, you aren't seriously going to go, I mean we still need to finish talking." Liz was on the verge of tears, Max didn't know what to do, he needed to go, and the promoting wouldn't take more than a month, he would be back in time for the baby to be born. Max was about to explain when his cell phone starting ringing. Liz opened her mouth, this was unbelievable, this couldn't be happening.

"Liz, I have to go, I promise we'll talk about this later, I..I have to go." Max looked at her one last time before leaving. Liz stared after him and broke down crying, what had she done?

2 weeks later, Liz was binging on ice-cream laid back on the couch watching Access Hollywood. She hadn't spoken to Max in over 4 days, whenever she called him she reached his voicemail, and when he called it was just to check up on her. She was hating every single minute of it.

"Today on Access Hollywood, Britney Spears, and her new husband!" The announcer for the TV Show said.

"What else is new." Liz muttered sticking the spoon full of ice-cream in her mouth.

"And also today, some gossip of the new rising star hottie Max Evans!" Liz looked up at the TV. Max? Liz sat up waiting for the piece on Max.

"Is it love in the air? It might just be, it is reportedly seen that the star of the upcoming movie Revenge, Max Evans, has been spending quite a bit of time with his publicist Tess Harding on a more intimate level." Liz dropped the ice-cream on the floor as a picture of Max and Tess kissing showed up on the screen. Liz clutched her stomach.

"Ahh." Liz screamed. She got up and tried her hardest to get to the phone as she clutched her stomach and bent over in pain.

Max was praying to god that Liz didn't see that episode of Access Hollywood. None of it was true, Tess had kissed him and of course the press managed to get a hold of it. They hadn't told the part where Max recently fired his publicist or the fact that he pulled away the second after the kissed took place. Max knew he made a mess of things, but he made a promise to himself that he would fix it once the baby was born.

"Max your on in 5" Max put on his jacket, he was doing an interview with his co-star on his new movie. He really needed to talk to Liz and made a note to himself to call her as soon as the interview was over.

Liz was rushed down to the hospital by Michael.

"Michael, you have to call Max, please, he has to be here." Liz cried. Michael assured her that he will.

The interview went smoothly and Max walked back into the dressing room.

"Max, your brother-in-law called, said your wife’s in labor." His assistant told him.

"WHY DIDN'T ANY ONE TELL ME!" Max screamed.

"CANCEL ALL MY PLANS AND GET THE NEXT FLIGHT OUT TO NEW YORK IMMEDIATELY! Max shouted as he ran to his limo.

"Breath, honey, just breath." Maria smoothed down Liz's hair.

"Maria, Max isn't coming, he's not coming, he hates me," Liz cried.

"No, baby he will be here, don't worry about that just concentrate on the baby right now." Maria was beyond pissed, this wasn't like Max, he really had changed.

"Did you know, he kissed his publicist, Maria did you know that, he didn't even tell me, I saw it on TV." Liz cried, Max wasn't even here for the birth of their baby.

"Liz, honey shh, it's ok." Maria felt so bad for her, and if Michael didn't kick Max's ass, she sure as hell was going to.

"Ok, we need to get her into delivery, she's almost fully dilated." The nurse said.

"But, my husband, we can't go in now." Liz cried. Max had to be here, he had to!

"I'm sorry we can't wait, will you be joining us miss?" The nurse asked. Maria nodded.

"It's ok sweety, everything's going to be ok."

Max rushed into the hospital pulling off his tie. He ran to the receptionist desk.

"I need to find my wife, Elizabeth Parker!" He demanded.

"She's in room 205." She directed him towards her room and Max rushed to the room. When he arrived he found Maria and Michael outside the room talking to the doctor. Michael turned to see Max standing there and all his rage rushed to him.

"You bastard!" Michael screamed as he punched him.

"Michael! Not now!" Maria screamed, it wasn't the time for it now.

Max got up, he knew he deserved it.

"Where's Liz?" Max was out of breath. The doctor turned to him.

"Are you the father?" Max nodded.

"Ok, than you should know, that you have a healthy baby boy." Max smiled, he was a father, he had a son.

"But, we had some complications with your wife." Max looked up at him.

"What kind of complications?" Not his Liz, no not Liz.

"We aren't exactly sure at this time what exactly happened, but after she gave birth her heart beat dropped and we lost her for a second, we managed to gain back consciousness and she’s stable in ICU right now, it's up to her if she wants to wake up or not." The doctor explained. Max's world was tumbling down on him, everything was spinning, this couldn't be happening, this wasn't happening.

"I'm sorry." The doctor said as he nodded and walked into a different room.

"Are you happy now Max?" Michael growled as he pushed passed him Maria following his lead. Max tasted his salty tears as they reached his mouth but he didn't feel them roll down his cheek, he was completely numb, his whole body was just numb. The nurse was telling him something but he couldn't get it through, Liz, the love of his love, the mother of his child, was suffering, and he couldn't help her.

"Sir, your son, would you like to see him?" The nurse asked again. Max looked up, his son, he nodded at the nurse and she lead him to the nursery. That's when Max saw his son for the first time, his little fingers were curled up into a fist and he was yawning. He was beautiful. Max just watched him for what seemed like hours. He was perfect.

Max waited at the hospital for 2 days waiting for Liz to wake up. He made a mess of everything, and he had to fix, he had too.

"Mr. Evans." Max looked up at the nurse.

"Your wife is awake, if you want you can see her now." She announced. Liz was awake, she was awake. Thank god for miracles. Max walked into the room and found Liz's head turned to the side, she looked as she was crying.

"Baby.." Max said lovingly. Liz turned to him tears rolling down her face.

"You weren't here." Liz cried. Max rushed to her side.

"I'm so sorry, I came as soon as I heard." Max cried along with her.

"I want a divorce." Liz said softly before turning her head back to the side. Max cried.

"Liz baby, please, we'll talk about this, Liz please." Max sobbed.

"Get out Max." Liz stated. Max looked at her, he cried and begged her.

"I SAID GET OUT!" Liz screamed. Max looked at her one last time before leaving the room. When he left Liz cried her heart out.
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Thankyou all for the lovley feedback!! I appreciate it!...

A special thanks to my Beta Poisoned_Muffin..your the best!

anyways here it is...

Chapter 2

Liz groaned when she heard the doorbell ring. She had finally managed to shut her eyes and now that was all ruined. Liz pulled the covers off, got off the bed, and slipped her slippers on before going downstairs.

Liz opened the door to find her very pregnant sister-in-law waiting impatiently.

"Finally you opened the door, it only took you two minutes and 28 seconds, and now I have to take a major piss, so move." Maria pushed Liz to the side and waddled her way to the nearest bathroom.

"Nice to see you too, Maria." Liz muttered before closing the door. She walked her way to the kitchen and took out two pieces of cheese cake from the fridge. She placed them on the table. She went and got two forks and placed them down next to the plates. Three minutes later Maria came waddling back into the kitchen. She flopped down onto one of the table chairs and saw the cheesecake. She looked at Liz who smiled at her knowingly.

"You're good." Maria said grabbing the fork, plunging into the piece of cheese cake and popping it into her mouth.

"I know." Liz said cockily.

"So, where's the little one." Maria asked. She noticed she hadn't heard anything since she came here and that could only mean one thing, Jason wasn't home.

"With Max." Liz said getting up from the table to get a glass of water.

"Ahh, I see, so you two still not on good speaking terms?" At first, Maria was real supportive of her decision to divorce Max. If Max even came near her Maria would be waiting with a bat in her hand, but as time progressed Maria began to see the toll it took on Liz. Liz rarely smiled anymore, and she turned into a cold-hearted bitch to everyone except for her friends and family. She buried herself into the business and completely closed everyone off.

"Maria, ever since the divorce went through, we haven't been on good speaking terms, and unless you saw something on TV that would make you think otherwise, you should quit asking." Liz knew she was being bitchy but she was always tired of everyone nagging her about Max. They were over, they had been for a while now and nothing was going to change that.

"Jeeze sorry," Maria muttered plopping another piece of cheese cake into her mouth.

"Maria I'm sorry, I've just been really moody lately, and I haven't been getting much sleep, and on top of that there are problems with the business. I just don't know how much more I can handle." Liz confessed sitting back down on the chair. She's been under so much stress lately, and she really wanted a break from it all.

"You need to get laid." Maria replied bluntly with her mouth filled with cheese cake. Liz rolled her eyes.

"Maria, I do not need to have sex to make me happy."

"Oh, come on, what are you a nun, I mean seriously Liz, how long has it been since the last time you actually got some?"

"Maria, I really don't want to talk about this right now." Liz whined.

"Oh too bad, I'm the pregnant one and I should be treated like royalty, how long?" Liz rolled her eyes once again.

"Since Jason was conceived." Liz confessed. It was sad but true. Maria's mouth hung open and she had dropped her fork.

"It's been almost 5 years since you last had sex, Liz what the fuck is wrong with you, I would go crazy!" Maria didn't even want to think about what it would be like not to have sex for 5 years.

"Maria, I know it might seem very weird to you, but I've never had sex with anyone besides Max, let alone have I ever kissed anyone besides Max. It would be too weird!" It wasn't like Liz was still hung up on Max, it's just Max was the only guy she’s ever been with, she wouldn’t know what to expect from anyone else.

"Exactly why you need to get laid. You need to move passed Max, you can't let him be the only guy you've ever been with Liz." Liz sighed she knew Maria was right, but she didn't know how to date. She never really did it. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

"Maria, my first date was at chucky cheeses and I was 9, ok after that me and Max were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. When we went on a real date, to like an actual restaurant, it was already like we were married. I mean seriously, I've never actually experienced the whole dating thing, and I don't know if I could do it."

"Honey, with me around, you can do anything." Liz laughed, if Maria was going to help her start dating, it was going to be interesting.

"I don't know, I'll think about it." Maria squealed.

"Good enough. So...got any more cheesecake?" Maria wiggled her eyebrows, and then gave Liz a pouty look. Liz laughed and shook her head before getting another piece from the fridge.

"MAX! MAX! OVER HERE! MAX!" Paparazzi screamed shooting pictures like there was no tomorrow. Max couldn't even take Jason inside the front way because they would scare him half to death, so Max had one of his body guards escort Jason the back way as Max made it through the front. Max hated the celebrity lifestyle with everything he had, one of the reasons being that it tore him and Liz apart. Acting just wasn't the same for him anymore, he use to love it, but now it was more of an obligation to him.

Max walked up to his penthouse suite where he found his body guard and Jason standing silently.

"Hey big guy, how about we go inside and I get Alice to make you a milkshake." Max said lifting Jason into his arms and kissing him on the forehead.

"Chocolate?" Jason's eyes got big, he loved Chocolate, his mommy and uncle Michael were chocolate junkies and it was no surprise when he inherited the love for it.

"Of course." Max promised as he settled him down on the floor of the play room. Max walked to the kitchen and told Alice to make Jason the usual, which she quickly started to work on.

"Max, oh there you are." Kyle, his manager, said walking into the penthouse.

"Kyle." Max acknowledged as he walked into the direction of the play room.

"Glad your back, tomorrow, you’re shooting pictures for next month’s GQ, you’re going to be on the cover. Isn't that great, we're really doing big things Max, I'm telling you, you’re going to be the next Tom Cruise at the pace we're going." Kyle rambled on.

"I can't." Kyle stopped and stared at him.

"What do you mean you can't, I already gave them your word, you cannot back out on this Max, you just can't." Max groaned.
"Kyle, I'm watching my kid this weekend, so I can't" Max repeated this time with more anger.

"Look, I agreed to be your manager because you said you'd meet me 100 percent with everything. Right now, you’re not even meeting me two percent Max, now I expect you to be at that shoot tomorrow. I left the information on the front table. I'll see you tomorrow." Kyle left before Max even got a chance to protest. Max sighed, Liz was going to kill him.

He walked into the play room and he found Jason playing with his toddler sized lamburgeni car. Max smiled.

"Hi daddy, do you wanna play with me?" Jason gave him a big smile. Max's heart melted. He wished every day that he could just be like one of those dads who taught their kids to play baseball.

"Not today kiddo, I'm going to make a quick phone call, then we'll go grab dinner and watch a movie, okay?" Jason nodded as he returned to play with his car.

Max took out his cell phone and took a big breath before dialing the number.

"Hello." Liz answered from the other line. She had a voice like an angel Max thought.

"Liz, it's Max."

'Surprise, Surprise' Liz thought. She didn't even understand why she even let Jason go out with him anymore.

"Look, I'm going to be dropping Jason off tomorrow, something came up, and I can't keep him for the weekend." Max felt like such a dick because he always found himself having this conversation.

"Well there's no surprise there." Liz replied icily. Max closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry Liz." Max apologized.

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me, have fun breaking it to Jason. I'll be home all day tomorrow, drop him off whenever." Liz said before hanging up. Max leaned his head against the wall. He hated his life.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Thanks for the feedback you guys.. As for Max dating...that will be answered later...lol...

Special thanks to Sophia my beta..

anyways here it is

Chapter 3

Liz opened the door to find Jason with Max's bodyguard.

'Wow couldn't even do the damn job himself' Liz thought as she rolled her eyes. It was just typical of Max. The bodyguard placed Jason’s bag inside and retreated back to the car. Liz took Jason in her arms.

"Hey, sweetie, you had fun with daddy?" She asked affectionately giving him a kiss. Jason stared down at his feet as he nodded. Liz sighed, why does she let Max do this to them? Liz let Jason out of her arms and she watched him standing there just staring at his feet trying hard not to let the tears fall. Liz bent down to come face to face with him.

"Hey." She put a finger on his chin lifting it up. Jason just looked at her with his big doe eyes filling up with tears. Liz felt tears welling up in her eyes too, not because of Max, but because she hated when Jason would cry. It's just how she is, even when he was a baby and he would cry, Liz couldn't help it and she started to cry too. She never wanted to see her baby boy hurt.

"Hey, I have an idea, how about I call Uncle Michael, and he'll take you to Six Flags today. I know he wanted to go for so long but since Aunty Maria's pregnant she didn't want to, but how about the four of us go and you and Uncle Michael can take on the big rides." Liz suggested. Jason smiled and lunged on his mom.

"Oh Mom, could we really!!!" Jason begged. Liz laughed as she held Jason tight in her arms.

"Of course. Now I'm going to go call Uncle Michael, so why don't you go and play with your video games, and then we'll unpack your stuff together." Liz said pulling apart from him. Jason nodded as he ran to his game cube. Liz smiled and walked to the kitchen. She grabbed the phone and dialed the number that she always called.

"Hello." Michael answered from the other line.

"Hey big bro." Liz said sitting down on the kitchen table chair.

"Oh, hey sis, what's up?"

"Max dropped Jason off early again, and he's feeling kind of down. So I kind of promised you'd come with us to Six Flags. Would you and Maria mind?"

"New Jersey, here we come." Michael answered. Liz smiled.

"Thanks, Michael."

"No problem sis, you know I love spending time with the little guy."

"Yea, that's why you’re going to make an amazing father." Liz said sincerely. Michael smiled.

"Ok see you in a few." Michael said. They bid their goodbyes and hung up. Liz walked to Jason's bags and took them upstairs. She unpacked his clothes and then called him up to freshen up. Michael and Maria showed up 20 minutes later, and they headed off to New Jersey.

"Max, you’re here. Great, I need you in make-up and Janie here will escort you." The photographer introduced Max to a girl in her mid-20s with glasses and brown hair tied in a tight bun. She walked him over to the make-up room where Kyle was waiting impatiently.

"I knew you would show." Kyle said with a smirk on his face. Max felt like punching him.

"Keep it up Kyle, and you'll be finding yourself unemployed." Max threatened. Kyle rolled his eyes.

"Max, Max, may I remind you that I am the best, that’s why you wanted me, now if you let me go, you will go absolutely no where with your career. Now is that what you want?"

'Yea' Max thought but shut up and let the make-up and hair stylist work on him.

"Wow, Uncle Michael can we go on that one?" Jason exclaimed excitingly pulling on Michael's sleeve leading him to the swirling tea cups.

"Yeah kiddo." Michael told him.

"We'll sit this one out." Liz told him, he nodded and she and Maria walked off to a near bench.

"Oh, so um Liz, did I tell you, youhaveadatetomorrow." Maria said way to fast for Liz to comprehend.

"What did you say Maria?" Liz wasn't sure if she wanted to actually know.

"I said, I got you a date tomorrow." Maria said scooting away from Liz to resist any harm.

"Maria! I told you I don't want to date!" Liz was furious, how could Maria do this, she wasn't ready to date. She didn't know if she'd make great company.

"I know, I know, but listen, I know you very well, and you’re stubborn, and you think you’re over Max, but really you’re not. So I'm going to help you get over him, starting right now." Maria knew Liz would be mad, but she was doing what she thought was best for her. She hated seeing Liz so moopy all the time.

"Maria, thank-you for trying, but really, I don't want to go on this date, so please don't make me." Liz begged.

"I would if I could, but, I already gave him my word. You’re too sweet to stand someone up, so I know you'll go. Also it's not like he's a complete stranger, you know him. My cousin, Sean. Now please sweetie for me, just go on this one date." Maria pleaded.

Liz sighed. She was at least happy about the fact she did know her date. Also Sean knew all about her situation with Max so she was grateful that she wouldn’t have to explain it to him. He wasn’t that bad looking either, well ok so he was pretty handsome. Maybe it wouldn’t be so terrible.

"Fine, but no more after this." Maria squealed in excitement.

"Oh, you’re the best Lizzie. Ooo I know the perfect outfit for you to wear, and your hair, I know just the thing to do with it." Maria rambled on. Liz was getting nervous, what had she gotten herself into?
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Thanks to all who've left me feedback!!

Special Thanks to my beta Sophia!!

hope you like it..

Chapter 4

"Maria, I don't think Liz should go on this date tonight." Michael complained to Maria, who wasn't paying any attention to what was coming out of his mouth. Liz was sitting down on the bed binging on popcorn, Michael was relaxing on the rocking chair, and Maria was taking clothes out of Liz's closet like a maniac.

"Maybe Michael's right Maria." Liz really didn't want to go on the date tonight, she was too nervous. When they got back late last night from Six Flags, Liz baked enough brownies and chocolate chip cookies for the army. She cleaned the house like there was no tomorrow, and then she cleaned it again. She tried everything to get her mind off the date but now there was no turning back, since Sean would be arriving in no less than 4 hours.

"Michael stop talking before I cut your balls off. Lizzie, sweetie, don't listen to your brother, you grew up with him, you should know better than I do how stupid he is." Maria said from inside Liz's closet. Michael shot her a glare only because he knew Maria wasn't paying attention. Liz giggled at his antics but, shut up quickly hoping not to alarm Maria in any way. When she set her mind to something, there was no stopping her, she was set to achieve it.

"Ok, so you guys are going to Centolire right, that's on Madison Ave, so I've decided on casual dressy. I've got these two outfits laid out for you." Maria said holding up in one hand a black flowing halter top with a strip of pink lace around it with a pair of dark blue jeans and in the other hand she held a white halter top with a silver design in the middle with its matching pants.

Liz sighed looking at the two outfits, she really had no way out of this.

"I guess, I'll go with the matching outfit." Liz said taking them out of Maria's hands. Maria threw the other ones back into Liz's closet.

"I'm glad you choose the one, I like it a lot better. Now your hair...." Michael rolled his eyes and left the room. He decided he would let his nephew beat him in some NBA Live.

"Max, it's a good thing you’re here." Kyle said walking into the Max's living room. Max was currently seated on his couch watching television.

"What do you want Kyle?" Max groaned.

"I knew you would forget, you’re supposed to be meeting the director of your first movie, Revenge, today. They're thinking about doing a sequel. Anyway the meeting is at that Italian restaurant Centolire on Madison Avenue, be there by 8:00." Kyle bid his goodbye and left the house. Max grumbled, he wasn't looking forward to do anything with that movie, the movie that had screwed up everything that him and Liz ever had.

Ignoring his feelings, Max turned off the TV, got up from the couch and headed in the direction of his closet.

"Oh, Lizzie, you look absolutely gorgeous." Maria commented. It was true though, Liz looked stunning, her hair was up in a loose bun and she had put on very little make-up showing off the fact that she was a natural beauty. Liz looked at herself in the mirror, she couldn't help but admit that she did look pretty nice tonight.

"Thanks Maria." After touching up on last minute things Liz and Maria walked downstairs and found Michael and Jason in a very heated game of NBA Live. Liz and Maria sat down on the couch. You couldn't tell, but Liz was a nervous wreck, she was going crazy inside. This was big, this was Liz's first second first date. Ok so it didn't make much sense, but it was still pretty big. Jason beat Michael once again leading Michael to go into a fit of rage.

"This is so stupid." Michael whined. Jason giggled and looked at his mommy.

"Mommy, you look bootiful." Jason complimented. Liz smiled.

"Thank-you sweetheart." She picked him off the floor and settled him down on her lap and plastered kisses all over his face. Michael and Maria smiled at the exchange between mother and son, it was truly heart-warming.

The door-bell rang and all of a sudden Liz felt it was getting hard to breathe. She felt like she was a high school teenager who was going on their first date instead of a 27 year old divorcee who hasn't gotten laid in almost 5 years.

"I'll get the door." Michael said getting up and walking towards the door. Liz started to hyperventilate.

"Maria, I can't do this." Liz panicked. Maria waddled over to her, and cupped her face in her fat stubby hands.

"Yes you can Liz, you can do anything. Everything will go smoothly, I just know it." Maria reassured. Liz nodded her head.

"Right, I can do this." Liz whispered to herself. Sean and Michael walked into the room. Sean was wearing a Burgundy silk shirt with black slacks. He looked very handsome. Sean took one look at Liz when he entered the room, and she blew him away. She looked amazing, of course Sean had always thought she was beautiful, but tonight she looked exceptionally exquisite.

"Wow, Liz you look amazing." He said handing her a bouquet filled with white roses. Liz smiled.

"Thank you Sean." She took the flowers from his hands and held them up to her nose to take in the beautiful scent. She excused herself to put them in a vase and when she came back she asked Sean if he was ready. He nodded and Liz bent down to Jason's level.

"Now you behave for Aunty Maria and Uncle Michael, bed by 9 no later." Liz told him.

"I promise, I'll be a good boy." He said giving her a wide grin.

"Good, now give mommy a kiss." Jason gave her a great big smack on her cheek and then she and Sean headed off to the restaurant.

They drove to the restaurant in a comfortable silence. He was being a complete gentleman, opening doors and helping her get in out of the car. Liz felt her self get more and more comfortable with the situation as the minutes went by. When they arrived Sean already had reservations so as the waiter lead them to their table. Liz didn't notice the step you needed to take to get into the dining area and she ended up tripping and falling straight on her face.

"Oh, God, Liz are you ok?" Sean rushed to her aid. Liz on the other hand, physically was fine, but mentally, she was kicking herself. She just made a complete fool of herself. Sean helped her get up and Liz straightened her clothes out.

"I'm fine. God I'm a complete idiot." Liz's face was red showing off her embarrassment but Sean couldn't help but find it cute. He laughed as the waiter continued to lead them to the table.

"Are you laughing at me?" Liz questioned. This night was going horrible.

"No." Sean lied biting on his lip to stop any further laughing.

"It's not funny, I'm so humiliated." Sean waved it off.

"Don't worry about it, I'm using to girls falling all over my feet." Sean egotistically replied.

"Haha, I'm so sure about that." Liz teased. Sean stuck out his tongue at her before laughing and looking over the menu.

"Cocky and immature, interesting." Liz joked. He shot her offended look and they both shared a laugh.

Liz went to grab her glass of water when it slipped out of her hands and spilled all over Sean's lap. Sean jumped back in response to the icy cold substance. Liz's eyes widened and she placed her hand over her mouth.

"OH MY GOD, Sean I'M SO SORRY!" Liz said rushing to his side with her napkin in hand.

"I'm such a damn klutz." Liz muttered. Sean just burst out laughing. Liz looked at him with amusement.

"Why are you laughing?" Liz didn't find it funny, she found it absolutely mortifying. She knew she wasn't going to be good with this whole dating stuff.

"You really don’t date often do you?" Sean got Liz off the floor and now they were both standing, Sean half soaked, and Liz red as a cherry.

"That obvious huh."

"Just a little bit." Sean laughed.

"Don't worry about it, just relax. I'm going to go clean up, I'll be back." Sean said heading to the bathroom. Liz slumped back down on her chair as the bus boys cleaned off the table. Wait till she told Maria about her night.

Max walked into the restaurant, people watching his every move. Max was being lead to the V.I.P. room when something caught his eye. A certain brown haired beauty something. Max excused himself from the waiter and walked over to the table Liz was seated. As Max got closer he got a better view of how she looked. Max took in a big breath. She looked like nothing words could ever describe.

"Liz." He said as he walked up to her table.

A/N - I will be posting for this fic on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays!

Thanksz
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys!! Well I'm back and with a Post just like I promised and in my time zone it is exactly 2 minutes from midnight!!! so I posted a day early :P Anyways enough rambling on with the part.

But First Thanks To Sophia who is a wonderful Beta!! I'm so glad you decided to beta this fic...

anywayss

Chapter 5

Liz turned her head the minute she heard her name come out of his mouth. She didn’t need to turn to know who it was. She could recognize his voice anywhere.

“Max.” She replied back, she didn’t know what he was doing here, but she knew she didn’t want him here. She was absolutely furious with him for ditching Jason, and on top of that her date was already disastrous, she didn’t need anything else to make it worse.

Max took in every bit of Liz from head to toe. She looked beautiful beyond words. He could sense that she was probably a little angry with him by the tone of her voice. He was starting to apologize when he got interrupted by Sean Deluca.

“Sorry I took so long.” He said taking his seat across from Liz. Max looked back and forth between the two of them. What the hell was Liz doing out on dinner with him?

Sean looked up at Max.

“Oh, I didn’t see you there Max. How are you super star?” He said with the hint of annoyance in his voice. Max and Sean didn’t exactly hate each other, but they didn’t exactly get along either.

Max snorted at his comment but brushed it off. He was going to be the better man.

“I’m doing good Sean. How have you been, I haven’t seen you in a while. How’s the law firm?” Max asked politely. He knew Liz was watching his every move and he didn’t want her to be more pissed at him than she already was.

“Great, so what brings you by here?” Sean asked. Liz watched the exchange between the two of them, and had officially ruled that the date was a complete catastrophe.

“I have a meeting with a couple of producers.” Max answered. What he really wondered was what exactly was going on with Sean and Liz.

“Well wouldn’t want to keep you waiting then.” Sean had enough of Max, he never liked Max from the beginning and he never hid that fact either.

”Right, before I leave, I just want to apologize Liz, it was never my intention to not keep Jason this weekend I just got really held up, and I promise that I will make it up to him.” Max pleaded with Liz, who had his full attention. Liz sighed.

“It’s never your intention is it Max? You shouldn’t keep your producers waiting Max. You should get going. Oh and I won’t hold you on that promise.” Liz replied turning her attention to her glass of water. Max managed to tear his eyes away from her and whispered goodbye to the pair and headed off. The whole walk to the V.I.P. room Max kept thinking about how bad he managed to make things between him and Liz, and he made a promise to himself to fix it if it was the last thing he would do.

Once Max had left Liz apologized to Sean.

“I’m so sorry Sean. I had no idea that Max was going to be here. This date probably hasn’t been going how you thought it would be.” Sean laughed and waved it off.

“Don’t worry about it. He’s obviously still in love with you, I wouldn’t blame him either. You’re an incredible girl.” Sean complimented. Liz blushed and put her hair behind her ears.

“Thank-you.” Liz felt like she was in high school again, blushing every time Max said something sweet to her.

’But he isn’t Max.’ Liz reminded herself.

“So, shall we order?” Sean suggested. Liz nodded as they looked over the menus. The rest of the night went smoothly and was completely the opposite from what it had been in the beginning.

Liz learned that Sean had a great sense of humor, and that he was caring and loyal. She saw a side of him that she didn’t know existed, but she was glad that he was so open with her.

By the end of the night Liz found herself not wanting it to end like she had been wishing when it had started. Sean walked her to the front door like a true gentleman and they stood in front of the door in a comfortable silence.

“What are they doing?” Maria whispered pushing Michael out of the way so she could peek through the window.

“Maria, would you quit pushing me.” Michael hissed pushing her gently so he could get a better view. Maria glared at him with two hands on her hips.

“Michael David Parker I know that you did not just push me. Now move.” Maria said exasperated shoving Michael hard to the side before taking up the whole window. Michael huffed but decided not to infuriate her any more than she already was.

“Ooo I think there going to kiss.” Maria said in awe watching intently outside the window.

“What!” Michael said rushing up close to Maria, trying to get a glance.

“I had an amazing time, even though it was pretty awful in the beginning, you made it worth while.” Liz said clutching onto her purse with dear life. She was nervous, she knew he was probably going to kiss her, and she didn’t know what to expect. Well she knew how to kiss, but she didn’t know if he liked that thing she did with her tongue like Max did.

“I’m glad you did, we should do this again sometime. Maybe Friday at 7:30?” Sean suggested with a smile on his face. Liz smiled and nodded.
“That sounds good.” Sean leaned in and Liz closed her eyes.

‘This is it’ Liz thought as his lips touched hers. They shared a sweet but passionate kiss. When he pulled back Liz still had her eyes closed.

“Goodnight Liz.” Sean whispered before heading back to his car. Liz opened her eyes. The kiss was a perfect end to the entire night.

“Goodnight Sean.” Liz whispered back even though she knew he couldn’t hear her. Liz opened her front door and as she went to close it she leaned her head against it.

‘Wow’ She kept thinking to herself.

“Had fun?” Maria said coming from the kitchen bringing Liz out of her trance. Liz smiled at her.

“Like you didn’t see enough through the window.” Maria bit her bottom lip.

’Busted.’ She thought. She gave Liz an innocent smile.

“Um, I guess yeah then.” Liz laughed. She placed her keys on the coffee table next to the door and walked in the direction of her bedroom, Maria following her every move.

“How was Jason?” Liz asked as they walked up the stairs.

“Perfect, an angel like always. Anyways, are you going to tell me what happened on your date?” Maria whined. Liz rolled her eyes as they approached her bedroom.

“Do I have a choice?” Liz asked taking of her shoes and throwing them into her closet.

“No.” Maria said getting comfortable on her bed. By the end of the story Maria was rolling on the bed laughing.

“You really tripped?” Maria questioned through her giggles. Liz threw a pillow at her face.

“It was completely humiliating.” Liz said ashamed. Michael knocked on the half open door before walking in.

“You girls done with your gushy talk?” Michael asked.

“Yes, Michael, we’re done.” Liz answered.

“Great, Maria, baby, you ready to go?” Michael asked her. Maria nodded.

“Yea let me just go pee real quick then we can head out.” Maria said wobbling into Liz’s bathroom.

“Had a good time sis?” Michael asked sitting down next to Liz. From the looks of what happened earlier he knew she had had a good time. That’s all he really wanted for Liz, after all the shit Max had put her and Jason through, Liz really needed a distraction.

“Yea, I did.” Liz said honestly, smiling as she reminisced the events of her date.

“Good.” Michael winked before engulfing her into a hug.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Ok here it is you guys!! Be aware this part has not been beta-ed because she is away on vacation, so I'm sorry for any mistakes! I hope this answers some of your questions.

Chapter 6

Liz sat patiently in the waiting room sipping on her coffee reminiscing the events that had took place in the last month. For the first time in 4 years Liz found all the weight on her shoulders starting to shift off. After the first date with Sean there were many dates with him afterwards. Unexpectedly, Liz found herself very comfortable when around Sean and it wasn’t long after that first date that she found herself trusting Sean and being completely open with him. He was just too easy to get along with, he was great with Jason, she had fun with him, and surprisingly Michael approved. The month had gone by so fast and now here she was waiting for her niece or nephew to make a presence in the world, things were finally going good for her in a long time.

Liz looked to her left and found Sean dozing away, she smiled before looking up to see Amy Deluca frantically pacing around the room. Liz silently laughed to herself, Maria was definitely Amy’s daughter. Liz set down the magazine, she got up and told Amy that she was going to go get some more coffee. As Liz passed by the nurse’s station the sight of her ex-husband caught her attention. He was doing an interview on some televison show and the nurses had the T.V. set to that channel. Liz sighed, it’s been so long since she had last heard from Max. Currently he was shooting a sequel to the first movie he had ever shot and Jason barley ever got a phone call from him.

Liz knew she still loved him, every fiber in her body would probably never stop, but things had been so complicated that she found it easier if she just isolated herself from him at all costs.

At first when she had asked Max for a divorce in the hospital she knew it had been irrational. It wasn’t like that it was entirely Max’s fault because it wasn’t. It was hers. She was the one who had lied in the first place, and in the end it had backfired against her. She had just gone through the worst couple of months of her life and thought it would be best if she just ran away from her problems, so she asked for a divorce. She didn’t really want one, her heart was screaming out to her that they could work it out, that they could get through anything.

So when it came close to her release from the hospital Liz decided that she wouldn’t go through with the divorce, that her and Max would be able to work it out because they had that much love for each other. But when the day of the release came she found herself alone with Jason; Max no where to be seen. When she got home she found divorce papers awaiting on the kitchen table. However, in her heart she still knew that it wasn’t over, not for a long shot. But then, she saw him for the first time in a month. With her. To this day she still doesn’t know her name, but she knows that her and Max were more than just friends, it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out, the way they laughed together, or the way his hand rested on her knees, or how her hand brushed his arms, you could just tell what had gone on between them.

At that moment she knew that it was truly over and at that moment her life had ended. She cried the whole way home, she walked into her house, up the steps and then came to a stop at the nursery. She walked over to his crib and there he was looking into her eyes, giving her the biggest toothless grin. He was her strength, he gave her the power to wake up every morning and let herself think that everything would be ok because he too would be waking up right by her side. Jason was her blessing.

Liz shook off all her thoughts of Max and went to get her coffee. When she returned to the waiting room she found Amy in the same state she was when she had left and Sean awake.

“Hey, I got more coffee.” Liz said putting it down on the table.

“Thank-you sweety.” Amy said grabbing her coffee and finally taking a seat. Sean smiled his thanks and Liz sat down next to him.

“How long have I been out for?” He asked. Liz shook her head as she sipped her coffee.

“Not to long.” She answered bringing the coffee down to her lap. Sean nodded.

“So tomorrow, dinner at 7?” Sean asked. Liz smiled.

“Sounds great.” Liz knew that she wouldn’t have to worry about Jason’s whereabouts since he was spending the week with his grandparents in Disney World. Liz had wanted to go with them, but with Maria’s due date arriving, Liz decided against it.

“It’s a girl.” Michael announced walking in his green shrubs with the biggest grin on his face. Everyone got up cheering and smiling over the joyous occasion. When they were able to visit Maria, Amy and Sean had rushed to her side immediately while Liz spend the time alone with her brother outside of the nursery watching beautiful little Emma Parker.

“She’s beautiful.” Liz whispered entranced by the gorgeous baby girl.

“She is, isn’t she.” Michael couldn’t take his eyes off her. She truly was a beauty.

“Your a daddy!” Liz squealed jumping into his arms. Michael laughed holding onto his sister.

“I am, aren’t I.” He still couldn’t believe it. He was a dad.

“You’re going to be the greatest father in the world, I just know it.” Liz assured. Michael smiled. With all the fears he had in the world, somehow his baby sister always managed to make them disappear.

“I just hope I could be half the parent you are sis.” Michael said nudging her on hip. Liz laughed joyous tears filling up her eyes.

“You’ll be great. Daddy.” Liz guaranteed engulfing her brother in another hug.

“Cut. Cut!” The director screamed in annoyance. Max was usually a dream to work with, but this time he wasn’t giving him the whole 100 percent.

“Max, what I need is furious or enraged, but what your giving me is mad. I cannot work with mad, Max. Mad will not sell. “ Max sighed. He had been over the same scene for the last 5 hours and it was wearing him out.

“Look, John, We’ve been through this damn scene for the last 5 hours, I am human, I need a fucking break!” Max screamed. John stumbled back at Max’s reaction, but knew better than to ignore his request.

“A break, ok a break, then we’re done for the day, go back to your trailer and rest, we’ll work on other scenes with Candice and Corey.” John waved in the direction of his assistance and told him to bring down his co-stars to work on their scene. Max left the studio in a hurry and walked to his trailer. He was exhausted and when he reached his trailer he slumped down on his bed.

His life was a complete mess, he was a horrible father and he was all alone. He was working 24 hours barley ever got any rest, his life was slowly consuming him alive. That wasn’t the worse part though, the worst part was Sean fucking Deluca. Sean Deluca was living the life that he was suppose to. He was playing daddy with his son and playing the fucking great boyfriend to the love of his life, and what was he doing about it? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He was lying on a broken down mattress in a trailer. Wasn’t that just pathetic. Things were bad. Sure he knew that, but he was going to fix it. He was, that is a promise. This was his last movie and after that he was leaving the acting career to join his family. He was going back to where he belonged and nothing was going to stop him. He was going to make sure of that.

“Hey Maria.” Liz said walking into the room once it had cleared of visitors. Maria looked up and found Liz with a big smile on her face.

“Lizzie.” Maria said weakly. Liz walked over to the chair next to the bed and sat down.

“She absolutely gorgeous Maria, I’m so proud of you.” Liz told her with sincerity in her voice. Maria smiled. Maria never understood how Liz always managed to be so optimistic after everything she had been through. Sure sometimes Liz could be a bitch when she wanted to, but when someone needed her she was always there with kind words. That's what Maria loved most about her, she was an amazing person with the biggest heart.

“Thank-you. God I still can’t believe it, I’m a mom, and Michael’s a dad. Oh god Michael is a father.” Liz laughed.

“You know he’s going to be a wonderful dad. Just like your going to be the greatest mom.” Liz re-assured.

“Yea, Michael is going to be a good dad isn’t he.” Maria laughed just thinking about how Michael will be when their daughter will be growing up throughout the years.

“How did you do it Liz, I don’t know if I can, I mean, I’m so scared.” Maria panicked. She didn’t know if she was mommy material.

“Maria, you’ll be great, I promise you will. Don’t worry about it.”

“I hope, God it’s just so surreal, you know. I mean this is the real deal. No turning back.”

“Yeah, but it’s all worth it in the end.” Liz said her thoughts bringing her to Jason.

“Yeah, I guess it is. The minute I saw her I fell in love with her.”

Michael walked in carrying a little bundle a joy in his arms.

“Someone wants to see their mommy.” Michael announced his eyes never leaving his daughter. Maria sat up bringing her arms out.

“OoOo bring her here.” Maria said all giddy and Michael placed her in her arms.

Liz watched the picture unfold from the side and couldn’t help the tears from coming down her face. She was happy for them, truly she was, but she couldn’t help but think that, that was suppose to be here 4 years ago, that Max was suppose to be right next to her as she held Jason in her arms, and she found herself wishing so badly that she could have stopped herself from keeping Jason a secret.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys! I'm sorry for the long wait! My son has been a little off since we've moved and he's not that adjusted, but we're getting there. Sorry for any mistakes but this part hasn't been beated, I decided just to post it since I made you all wait so long. Anyways thank you all for the great feedback...hope you like it...

Chapter 7

Liz ran around her house like a maniac in search of the phone, which currently was ringing like crazy. Liz didn’t reach it in time and the phone stopped ringing.

Once she found the phone, Liz walked in the direction of the kitchen. She came to a stop when she found it a complete mess. Jason’s plate was on the floor along with the his food and some of his juice. Liz sighed and took in a big breath.

“JASON PARKER EVANS, KITCHEN NOW!” Liz screamed at the top of her lungs. Once she heard little footsteps coming in the direction of the kitchen she crossed her arms across her chest and tapped her left foot.

Jason came into the kitchen looking at everything except at his mom.

“Can you explain this?” Liz asked tapping her foot faster. Jason looked down at the floor.

“Umm..” He started. The phone started ringing again and Liz groaned.

“Your not off the hook yet mister, stay right there.” She said reaching for the wall phone next to the blender.

“Hello.” Liz answered.

“Liz.” Liz almost dropped the phone at his voice. She wasn’t expecting his call, she hadn’t got a phone call from him in the last month.

“Yea.” Liz said swallowing .

“Is it ok if I come and pick Jason up, I know it’s last minute notice, but I got off early from the shoot and thought I could spend the weekend with him.” Max asked. He wasn’t expecting her to say yes, he expected her to bitch at him. He knew it was wrong of him not to call, he wanted to, but ever since Sean Deluca picked up the phone, Max lost it and didn’t want to call again.

The fact that he called was a big shocker to Liz, now he wanted to take Jason out, just who the hell did he think he was. He hasn’t called his son in over a month, and the last time he took Jason out they spent 3 hours together. She was damned if he would let her keep hurting her baby repeatedly.

“Are you serious Max? You haven’t called in over a month, you haven’t seen Jason in over 3 months, and every time you promise to keep him you never do. How many times are you gonna keep hurting our son Max. How many times are you going to keep doing this because it’s getting fucking ridiculous.” Liz hissed in a hushed voice so that Jason wouldn’t hear.

Max sighed and shut his eyes closed tight. He knew she would be mad, she had every right to.

“I’m sorry Liz.” That was all he could say to her, nothing he could ever say to her could make up for him being an asshole.

Liz shook her head.

“Your always sorry Max, when are you going to grow up. But whatever it’s not my decision. I’ll ask Jason.” Liz placed da phone on her neck.

“Jace you want to hang out with your dad tonight?” Liz asked him. Jason’s eyes lit up.

“Really?” He asked excitedly. Liz chocked back a sob, she hated seeing him so worked up over something that she knew would end up hurting him.

Liz just shook her head yes not being able to answer back to him.

“Of coursee!!” He exclaimed. Liz managed to control her emotions enough to answer Max on the phone.

“What time are you going to be here?” Liz asked. Max sighed in relief, at least Jason didn’t hate him.

“Half an hour.” Max answered.

“I’ll have him ready.” They bid there goodbyes and hung up.

“Go get your stuff ready baby.” Liz told Jason, who ran in the direction of his room with the biggest smile on his face. Liz walked back toward the table and glanced down at the mess on the floor.

“Ugh, JASON!”

Once Max hung up with Liz he knew everything that Liz had said was true. He needed a wake up call and that was it. Like Max had promised himself, this was his last movie and he was going to work everything out with his family, that included Liz. There’s no way in hell that he would let Sean Deluca take over his position.

Max picked up his vibrating phone.

“Hello.”

“Everything’s ready Mr. Evans.” The voice on the other line said.

“Thank-you.” Max said before he hung up. Everything’s going to be good. Nothing was going to ruin his weekend with his son.

Liz finished cleaning the mess Jason had left. Jason had explained that Curtis, their lovely dog, had been begging him to play with him and once Jason got up his food had spilled. Of course Liz didn’t push the matter any further because Jason would always win with her, he just had to give her the look and she was a goner.

The doorbell rang and Liz’s heart beat raced faster. It was amazing, after 4 years of hardships Max still had this effect on Liz. Liz knew it would never end, she would never stop loving him, but she needed to move on, and it’s easier to move on when you turn love into hate.

“I got it mom!” Jason screamed running to the door. Once he opened the door he lunged into Max’s arms. Max chuckled and held onto Jason tight.

“Hey kiddo.” Max said not wanting to let go.

“I missed you daddy.” Jason muffled into his neck. Max tried to hold back his tears.

Liz stood at the door frame of the living room watching the scene unfold trying to hold back her tears as well. Liz snapped out of her trance as the phone in her hand started to ring.

Max let Jason down and looked up to find Liz standing by the door frame, phone to her ear. He couldn’t help but eavesdrop.

“Oh, hey Maria.” Liz said.

Max felt easier to know it wasn’t Sean.

“Yeah sure, come on over, and don’t forget to bring my niece, I miss her already.” They talked a little more before the hung up.

Liz walked over to Max and Jason.

“Um, so are you ready?” She asked.

“Yea, yea, we should get going.” Max said entranced by her. Liz shook her head ok and bent down.

“Ok sweetie have fun.” She said playing with the button on his shirt.

“Ok Mommy, bye, I love you.” Jason said leaning in to give her a hug. Liz smiled.

“I love you too baby.” She said into his back. They let go after a couple of seconds.

“I’ll have him home, Sunday night.” Max told her. Liz just nodded and walked them out. Once the limo drove off Liz shut the door, and walked to the living room where she slumped down on the couch waiting for Maria to arrive.

“What are we doing today daddy?” Jason asked excitedly while looking outside the window.

Max smiled.

“It’s a surprise.” Jason’s eyes widened.

“A SURPRISE!! Oh daddy, what is it!!” Jason asked jumping onto Max’s lap. Max laughed.

“If I tell you it won’t be a surprise now will it?”

“Ok. Are we there yet?” Jason asked.

“Almost.” Max answered as the both waited patiently.

“Liz will you put the damn phone down and hold your niece.” Maria whined. Liz hadn’t let the phone go since Max and Jason left.

“I’m just waiting for Max to call and tell me he can’t keep Jason.” Liz answered. Maria rolled her eyes.

“Well when he calls, then you can pick it up, just put it down for god’s sake.”

“Alright, Alright.” Liz complied and placed the phone on the table. Liz reached out her hands.

“Now gimmie my niece.” Maria handed her over gently and Liz rocked the baby in her arms, entranced by her beauty.

“She’s beautiful Maria, she’s going to be so pretty when she grows up, your going to have some trouble with this one.” Liz said getting lost into her niece's green eyes.

“I know, you should hear Michael, I seriously think he’s going to buy a shot gun. No boys till your married, he keeps cooing to her.” Maria said rolling her eyes at her husbands antics.

“I’m going to feel bad for her, the things I had to go through was horrible and I’m just his baby sister.” Liz laughed, thinking about Michael’s reaction to Emma’s first date.

“You know, I still think Elizabeth was a great name.” Liz teased.

“Yea, yeah.” Maria laughed.

“Ok, now close your eyes.” Max told Jason. Jason smiled giddily as he kept his eyes closed tight. Once Max let him down he told Jason he could open his eyes. Once he did he couldn’t believe the sight in front of him.

In front of him stood sections of different activities. There was a baseball park equipt with a batting machine and baseball uniform. There was an animal section with a camel and two horses. There was an amusement park section filled with bright lights, a Ferris wheel, plenty of games, and a carousel.

“THIS IS SO COOL!” Jason screamed running towards the baseball park. Max chuckled as he watched Jason.

“Come on daddy!” Jason said looking behind his shoulder while taking in everything else.

“I’m coming son.” Max said walking towards Jason. He stopped once he felt his phone vibrating.

“Hello.” Max answered.

“Max, it’s Kyle, tonight’s the premiere of Wacky Man two, and a tux awaits you.” Kyle said from the other line.

“Forget it Kyle, I’m with my son tonight.” Max stated firmly.

“Max, this is a must go to premiere, everyone’s expecting you. You have plenty of time to spend with your kid, but now Hollywood needs you.” Kyle was getting frustrated.

“Look Kyle, take Hollywood and shove it up your ass, I’m not coming, and that’s final.” Max hung up his phone and turned it off and walked to Jason where he planned to make his time worth while. Things were going to start to change.
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback!! Here's the new part sorry it took so long, Special thanks to my beta Sophia :wink:

Chapter 8

To Liz’s surprise, when Max had finally called that day, it was only because Jason wanted to tell her how much fun he had. She was even more surprised when Max didn’t ask to drop him off early but instead asked her to keep him longer. Liz couldn’t understand as to the sudden change in Max’s actions, she really wanted it to stay that way, for Jason’s sakes, and maybe even for her own. Liz found herself so caught up in her own confusion, that she hadn’t even made time for Sean lately. She felt horrible once he called asking if she had been busy this weekend, she had blown him off for two dates and she promised to make it up to him tonight.

As Liz looked through her closet frantically she didn’t even hear Michael enter her room. Michael walked up quietly from behind her and grabbed her by the waist leaving Liz screaming in fright. She turned around to find a laughing Michael.

“Ugh! MICHAEL!” Liz screamed punching him in the stomach.

“Dammit Lizzie.” Michael grumbled as he rolled over in pain. Liz smiled in triumph.

“Serves you right.” She continued to look in her closet as Michael walked, hunched over, to her bed.

“Where are you going tonight?” Michael asked once the pain had passed.

“Out with Sean.” Liz told him from inside her closet.

“So, you two are getting pretty serious.” Michael pointed out. Liz came out from the closet carrying a peach colored halter top dress with floral designs over it.

“I guess.” She said walking over to her vanity to put on her make-up.

“Where’s the little one?” Michael asked.

“With Max.” Liz told him as she applied blush to her face.

Michael raised his eyebrows in surprise. “Didn’t Max take him Friday?”

Liz nodded her head, her right eye closed while she applied eyeshadow.

“Lizzie, it’s Wednesday.”

“I know” Liz said as she applied eyeshadow, now, to her left eye.

“Lizzie, Max has had him for..” Michael counted with his fingers before he answered, “ 5 days, that’s almost a week. Are you sure Jason’s not dead?” Michael just couldn’t believe it.

“He’s not dead Michael, I talked to him an hour ago, and he seemed pretty much alive to me.” Liz said turning around on her chair once she finished applying her make-up.

“This doesn’t at all confuse you a bit, because I’m sure as hell confused, and I don’t even have anything to with the situation.” Michael knew Liz couldn’t be taking it all as easy as she appeared to be.

“Shouldn’t you be spending quality time with your wife and daughter instead of annoying your baby sister?” Liz asked irritated.

“Nope, I happen to like annoying my baby sister. It’s my favorite pass time. Plus, Maria took Emma to Amy’s tonight. There is no way in hell I am going to be with those two in one room, alone, with a baby.” Michael shivered just at the thought at what could have happened to him if he had actually gone.

Liz rolled her eyes as she got up from the chair. She grabbed the dress off the bed and walked into her bathroom to get changed.

“You still didn’t answer my question.” Michael nagged, turning on the TV. Liz groaned, she didn’t want to be having this conversation, especially not with her brother.

“Michael, will you just leave it alone.” Liz pleaded with him, while putting her dress on.

“Nope, you know me Liz, I’m not one to let things go. So does it confuse you? Still want to be with Sean?” Michael fired questions left and right and Liz wanted nothing more than to choke him.

“FINE I’LL FRIGGIN TELL YOU!” Liz screamed at the top of her lungs, her face all red. Michael smirked knowing that he won her over. He patted a seat next to him, which she plopped down onto, crossing her arms across her chest, and leaning her head against the headboard looking up at the ceiling.

“I don’t know any more, I mean, why the sudden change, I don’t understand. Then there’s also oh what if it’s not a change, what if he’s going back to his old ways once he thinks I’ve fallen into his trap. Or if it is for good, why did it take fucking 4 years for him to finally wake up. It’s just, I’m so confused. And then! There’s Sean, who’s great. He treats me wonderfully, and I have a great time with him, and never does he leave me confused ever, and these past couple of months with him have been great, and I don’t know if I want to let go of him just yet.” Liz sighed as she spilled her feelings to Michael, who listened intently.

“Also, what if I do fall for Max’s tap, say he’s trying to change for me and Jason, and then I do want to be with him, I’d have to hurt Sean, and I don’t want to do that.” Liz continued.

“Well, it looks like the big question is, Max or Sean?” Michael clarified.

Liz nodded her head. “Yeah, I guess it is.” She banged her head against the headboard. “Ugh, why is it always like this with Max? I was supposed to move on with Sean and forget about Max, but no! He’s still in my mind!”

“Because he’s Max.” Michael answered simply flipping through the channels.

“Thanks, you’re great help.” Liz muttered picking at her nails.

“No really Liz, just think about it. You’ve been in love with Max since god knows when, and you’ve never really stopped Liz. You could lie to yourself and say that you have but you really haven’t, you never will no matter what. If you move on, then you do, but Max will always stay with you because everyone else is always going to be second best. People make mistakes Lizzie, I make them with Maria everyday, but she doesn’t love me any less, she gets pissed off as hell, but she doesn’t love me any less, and eventually she forgets. So what you need to do is either forgive and forget, or just move on, because you’re not going to get any where if you don’t decide.” Michael explained. Max had hurt Liz a lot, but she’s even more hurt without him, and he just wants her to be happy again.

Liz didn’t say anything to Michael because she knew everything he said was right, in the end it was all down to her. Was she really ready to give everything up for Max? Again.

One Month Later

Max came by more frequent to spend time with Jason. He had publicly announced that he was retiring the acting world, after firing Kyle of course. For the first 2 weeks Max was busy dealing with press as to why his sudden retirement, he simply stated that he wanted to be with his family more than anything.

Of course all this had been confusing as hell for Liz. She was still currently seeing Sean, but less frequently. She knew that Max was serious about picking up his act, but Liz wasn’t sure if she was ready for a change, but the more Max hung around Jason, the more Liz felt her iciness beginning to disappear. Her and Max actually had a civil conversation for more than 2 minutes, and it didn’t end up in any form of disaster.

As for Max, things couldn’t have been better. He was relieved of all the stress the acting world had given him, and he was finally making his father-son relationship with Jason stronger. The thing that excited him the most though, was how Liz acted towards him. He had gotten her to smile at him the other day, and they’ve actually been talking without her being cold. Things were going the way he wanted them to, he just wished it would’ve happened sooner. He knew that 4 years was a long while to pick up his act and that Liz wasn’t going to forgive him so easily, but he knew she was taking baby steps, and that was something he could live with for now.

Maria, Liz, and Jason were having lunch in a little restaurant just out of town. Emma was spending a day with her father, and of course Maria was calling every minute to make sure that they both were still alive.

“Maria, will you stop worrying, they’re going to be fine!” Liz was getting annoyed, Maria would call every 2 seconds, and not only was it driving Michael nuts, it was also driving her nuts too.

“I’m sorry, Jeez. Ok, I’m putting the cell phone down. Now, lets talk about you.” Maria said bringing her fork, with a piece of chicken on it, to her mouth.

“Lets not.” Liz argued.

“Nonsense, what’s going on with you and Max, huh? With him coming by the house so much, you can’t possibly tell me nothing’s gong on.”

Liz rolled her eyes.

“Nothing is going on Maria, now will you drop it please. We have children near us.” Liz said referring to Jason. She didn’t want him to overhear anything, just incase he wanted to go and tell Max that they were talking about him.

“Alright, alright, but when we get home, I want full details.” Liz groaned as they finished up eating.

“EVERYBODY FREEZE!” A man with a black ski mask over his face walked into the restaurant with a gun. Everyone in the restaurant stood frozen. “Jason stay down.’ Liz whispered to Jason as she was shaking, scared for their lives. A man came from behind the man with the gun and lunged on top of him.

A gunshot was fired along with a piercing scream. “JASON!”
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys..thank-you all for the feedback and I'm so sorry it took so long to come out..RL has been really hectic with classes and moving and everything...but anyway Thank-you for sticking with me and this fic..

A special thanks to my beta Sophia..your the best!

Chapter 9

They were rushed to the hospital immediately. Maria called Michael as they rode in the ambulance. Liz was shaking, she couldn’t cry, she needed to stay strong for her baby.

“JASON!” Liz screamed as she rushed to her son’s side. The man managed to get the shooter down, but it was too late, the shot was fired; her son being the target.

“SOMEONE CALL 911" Maria screamed rushing to Liz’s side, as she clutched on to her unconscious son for deal life.

The owner had run out to help them, and the ambulance came in no less than 2 minutes.

They wheeled him out of the ambulance into the emergency ward, where nurses and doctors rushed to aid him.

“What’s the status” The doctor asked reaching for his stethoscope, as they wheeled Jason down in the direction of an unoccupied room; Maria and Liz following.

“4 year old boy, unconscious, one shot to his chest.” The med told him. The doctor turned to Liz.

“Are you his mother?” He asked. Liz couldn’t speak, she just nodded her head.

“I need to perform surgery, I need your consent.” He said.

“Just help my son please.” Liz pleaded. The doctor nodded and rushed him into the room, and told the nurses to keep Liz and Maria out.

Liz broke down into hysterics; the reality of everything hitting her. Maria rushed to her side, holding back her own tears, trying to stay strong for Liz.

“It’s going to be ok Liz, he’s strong, he’ll pull through.” Maria assured as she rocked Liz in her arms.

Michael rushed into the waiting room. “Maria!” He called out to her.

“Oh Michael, Thank god!” Maria exclaimed as he rushed to their side; she didn’t know how much she would be able to handle on her own.

“What happened?” He asked grabbing Liz into his arms. She was still sobbing her heart out, but not saying a word; she was in shock.

“Everything was fine one minute, we were just eating lunch, and then there was a guy with a gun. Oh god Michael, they shot him, they shot Jason.” Maria cried as she sat down on the chair, her hands on her head. Michael had a look of shock on his face; he couldn’t believe it. He just continued to rock Liz, praying everything would end up good for his sister and her family.

It had been an hour and still no information on Jason was given, and Liz wasn’t any better than she was before. Maria was hassling the attendant on getting information on Jason.

It had suddenly come to Liz’s mind that no one had called Max. “Oh God, Maria did you call Max?” Liz asked when a furious Maria came back. “Oh sweetie, I totally forgot. I’ll do that right now.” Maria reached for her cell phone and started to dial his number.

“Hello”

“Max, it’s Maria, there has been an accident.” Maria managed to get out.

“What do you mean!? What accident, is it Jason, Liz? What happened?”

The panic in his voice was showing and Maria didn’t have the heart to tell him, not over the phone.

“Just come to the hospital, St. John’s on 7th ave. Hurry.” Maria pleaded.

“Give me 10 minutes.”

With that he hung up and Maria told Liz that he was on his way. Sticking to his word, Max arrived in 8 minutes demanding to know what happened.

“Liz?” Max questioned when he saw her face, it was clear that she had been crying.

“Jason, he was… He was shot.” Liz chocked out as her sobs came back to her. Max felt his whole world break down right there. He was finally managing to get his family back, and now, God had other plans for him. Was he trying to punish him? Why take it out on Jason? He just couldn’t understand.

“Is he...I mean...what...where is he?” Max managed to ask as he tried to gather himself together.

“We don’t know, they took him into surgery an hour ago, no one told us anything since then.” Maria explained as Michael tended to Liz.

With everything that had happened to their family, this wasn’t any better. Maria just wanted things to get better for them, they deserved that much. She couldn’t understand how things went from so perfect to train wreck. It just wasn’t fair.

“Ms. Parker?” The doctor said coming out in his green shrubs taking off the mask from his face. Michael and Liz got up; Liz wiping the tears from her face.

“What happened?” Liz asked, not knowing if she could handle the truth. This was the moment when she was going to learn her son’s faith.

“The surgery went beautifully. Your son was very lucky, the bullet managed to miss anything major. The bad part is that since he is so small, his body couldn’t handle everything. So right now, nothing can be determined. He’s stable, but in a coma. It’s up to him when he wakes up. I’m sorry.” The doctor explained, giving them a sympathetic look.

“Can we see him?” Liz asked. The doctor said that it would be ok, and everyone agreed that Liz should go first, and that they would wait their turn. Liz thanked them and walked into the room; where he son lay helpless.

Once she walked in her heart dropped. He beautiful son, so small and fragile, laid there looking so helpless. She slowly walked over to his side, sitting down on the chair next to his bed, carefully grabbing his tiny hand.

“Baby, please wake up for Mommy.” Liz pleaded as her tears rushed down her face. “I need you to wake up, you need to be strong for Mommy. Everyone wants to hear you talk again, Uncle Mike, and Aunt Maria are here, and so is daddy baby. Your daddy is here, he was going to take you to the zoo. Don’t you want to go to the zoo, like we were supposed to? Don’t you want to go see the baseball game baby? So, if you can hear me, please wake up. I need you, please baby.” Liz cried as she bent her head down on the bed, next to him, as she sobbed.

Max stood on the frame of the door watching the scene unfold from the sidelines; his heart breaking. He watched Liz’s heart break over the past 4 years. He broke her heart all those years, and once things were getting better, something came and fucked it all up again. He missed out on so much with Jason, and once he was getting it all back, it was taken from him in an instant. What he didn’t understand was that if God was punishing him, why harm Jason, he was just a little boy.

“Max.” Michael whispered causing Max to come out of his thoughts. Max closed the door lightly, trying not to alert Liz as he walked out to talk to Michael.

“What’s up?” Max asked shoving his hands in his pocket. It has been so long since Michael and Max had a conversation that wasn’t hostile on his part.

“They got the guy, the one who shot Jason. They said he’s going to be in jail till he rots there, but I want nothing more than to rip his fucking jaw out.” Michael told him. After a long pause he continued, “Yeah, I just thought you should know.”

“Thanks Michael.” Michael nodded.

“I should get back to Maria, so when she comes out, just let her know we’re still here.” Michael said. Max nodded and Michael walked back into the waiting room.

Back in the waiting room, Liz was lost in her thoughts as she held her son. She couldn’t believe it, this was her baby, and he might never wake up. She might never be able to hold him in her arms, or watch him grow up, go to school, graduate from high school, get married; none of it. She didn’t understand how her life managed to get so messed up, and she just wished that everything went back to normal.