Not Expecting To Fall Literally-(M/L,Teen) A/N 5/8/07[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Roswell... Doing what? that's none of your business.

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey everybody! I'm back again! Yay! :D :D So, a couple of you wanted to know how The Brothers Grimm the movie was and I thought it was totally awesome! It was funny and just all around great. A couple of people thought it was confusing but if you understand it then I think you'll love it like I do. Plus...Matt Damon and Heath Ledger are so hot! :D Once again guys, thanks for all the feedback. I luv to read all of your comments and questions. :D Oh yeah, and I sang 'Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again' for the class today and my teacher was like, stunned. He's like 'Sariah you've improved a lot!' Not that I sucked before,I sang 'I Will Love You' by Fisher as a solo last year. But because I'm an alto and I managed to hit the high F. I'm so happy. Maybe I'll get to sing it for a solo at our concert coming up. I'm so happy! Okay, now that I've ranted long enough...

Special Thanks to:

anonymousarfan
Timelord31
icequeen
Topy458
RASaero611
begonia9508
frenchkiss70
Lizza
RoswellRulz

And Thanks to my fabulous beta:To_Kiss_A_Frog

P.S. -Katherine, I hope this is long enough for you...

Chapter 5: If First Impressions Suck, Second Ones Are Even Worse

[Serena POV]

“Yeah, sure Jay…I’ll dance with you…mmm haha…yeah.” What? I ignore the glare of the early morning sun through the window and look across the room to rest my gaze on my sleeping cousin. “Mmmm… Jay.” What the heck? I rub the sleep from my eyes wondering if I’m somehow hallucinating. Liz is smiling like a lunatic and clutching a pillow tightly. Is she…Oh my gosh she is! She’s drooling! Wait, she’s starting to say something else. I listen intently hoping to hear something good. “Jay…mmm…did I tell you…” Part of me considers waking her up to save her from the embarrassment of what Michael will say if he hears her, but I quickly beat down that part of me and rush around the messy room looking for my purse. The Evil part of me has taken over and I pull out my cell phone and turn it to the video setting. I need to get this on camera. I focus the lens on Liz’s sleeping form and I’m not disappointed as I soon here more mumbling. “Hehe…how happy…you make me?” Liz continues, grinning as more liquid rolls down her chin. I look eagerly at my cousin hoping for some more dirt.

“Come on Liz.” I whisper under my breath. I need blackmail, or anything that will save me from Liz’s wrath when she finds out I ruined her favorite shirt. Never moving the camera phone away from Liz I glance over to my bed on the other side of the room where I’ve sandwiched the stained shirt between the mattresses. I know it won’t be long before she starts to wonder where it went…she hasn’t even worn it yet.

“Mmm…” I turn quickly back to face Liz as her tone changes. Huh? A small frown mars Liz’s face and I move closer to hear the cause. “…look hottie! Just cuz you’re cute and asked me out does not mean I’m going to forget that you broke my cell phone.” What? Confused, I silently urge her to go on so I can find out what she’s dreaming about. After a few minutes of silence I turn off my cell phone staring dejectedly at Liz who has fallen into a deeper sleep. Damn. I hope this is enough. Turning back toward my bed I look at the glaring green numbers of my alarm clock. 5 am. Well, I’m not going to be falling back to sleep anytime soon. I mull it over in my head and finally head to the closet pulling out a change of clothes and head to the bathroom for a shower. Throwing one last glare at my cousin who can sleep through anything, I shut the door.

I emerge from the shower half an hour later feeling refreshed and more awake than I was before. Only one thing bugs me now…who was this hottie that Liz was talking about? I remember Liz saying that some idiot bumped into her and made her drop her phone. Was there more to that story than she was telling us? I glance once more at the clock. 5:45. Crap! It’s Friday. We have an early morning practice at 6:30. I grab my sweats off of my nightstand and rush into the bathroom to change. I run out two minutes later and my eyes fall on my sleeping cousin once again only this time I’m thinking of a way to wake her up rather than a way to blackmail her. I move towards her bed and trip over an ice cream carton, the only evidence left of last night’s activities, and let out a string of curses loudly under my breath. A sigh and turn from Liz lets me know this isn’t going to be easy, and I don’t know why I thought it would be. Sighing heavily I gather the materials I’ll need to wake her up. Three hits to the head with a pillow, a smack to the face, a couple TaeBo moves, and a glass of water
later Liz’s groggy eyes meet mine.

“Serena?” She asks disoriented. “Why does my head hurt? And why’s my bed wet?”

“Liz, we don’t have time for questions!” I look at the clock again. We have precisely thirty-five minutes. “We have an early morning practice in about half an hour! You need to get ready!” I yell yanking her up and pushing her harshly into the bathroom. I cringe as I hear a crash and Liz’s curse. Ooops. Sometimes I don’t know my own strength. Before Liz can yell at me though, I toss her, her sweats, shut the bathroom door and rush down to the kitchen for a bagel.

[Liz POV]

“Owww!” I yelled loudly as my hip collided with the bathroom sink. I got up slowly and rubbed the tender flesh knowing it was going to bruise later, but before I got the chance to yell at Serena I was assailed by clothes thrown at my face and I heard the bathroom door slam. Chicken. Vowing to get back at her later I hopped quickly into the shower to get ready. Furiously planning my method of revenge, I turned the handle all the way to hot and stepped under the spray hoping to wake up a little. “Serena!” I yelled angrily as the cold droplets pelted my skin. She used all the hot water! As quickly as I could I washed my hair, rinsed off and got out of the shower. Cousin’s going down! Hoping to at least have time to scarf down a bagel I brush my hair into a ponytail, wash my face, brush my teeth, grab my gym bag and head down to the kitchen just in time to see Serena eat the last bite of the last bagel.

“Hey…Liz are you okay?” Serena asks apparently oblivious to the major crime she’s just committed. As my angry eyes land on her empty plate she starts to back away.

“Liz, just calm down.” She says while backing away slowly. Calm down, yeah right. I move to fill the space she has just vacated, planning her demise, my throbbing side and empty stomach in agreement. “Liz…umm…we have to…to go or we’re going to be late.” She answers glancing at the clock. Silence. “Look, if we hurry then we can stop by Starbucks on our way to practice. I’ll buy you a bagel there I promise!” She yells in a last ditch effort to save herself.

“And a vanilla bean frap?” I ask raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, of course.” She agrees quickly. I pretend to have to think it over then grab the keys to Michael’s car and move towards the door.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” With the promise of a bagel and a vanilla bean frap I head cheerily towards the car.

[Max POV]

I watch as Isabel groans and turns over to glare at me. I quickly move my hand away from where I was shaking her awake and for safety move out of hitting distance.

“Max, please don’t tell me you’ve come to wake me up at the ungodly hour of…” she pauses to look at the clock and her eyes widen even more as she reads the shiny red numbers. “5 am?! Max, we don’t have to be up for another hour! Our appointment isn’t even until 8:00.” She says exasperatedly before turning over.

“Isabel…”

“Is this because of that girl you met last night?” She interrupts me quickly. I nod my head but realize she can’t hear me.

“Yes-.”

“But Max, you don’t even know who she is-.”

“It’s Michael’s sister.”

“Liz?” She asks fully alert now. She sits up to look at me. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah; I pointed her out to Michael last night and he told me.” Feeling Isabel’s stare I look down at the floor, suddenly finding it very interesting although, I quickly look back up at the sound of Isabel’s laughter. “What’s so funny?” I asked confused.

“Nothing,” Isabel says through spurts of laughter. “I just realized why Maria glared at you last night. Liz must have told her some guy bumped into her and made her break her phone and Maria realized it was you.” She continued laughing.

“Do you think Maria told her who I was?” I can’t help myself wondering aloud. Isabel looks thoughtful for a minute and then scrunches her face up in confusion.

“I don’t know.” She answers getting up from her bed and heading towards the bathroom.

“What are you doing? I thought you wanted to go back to sleep.”

“Well, I can’t go back to sleep now that you’ve dropped that bomb. Of all the girls, Michael’s sister?” She starts to laugh again as she pulls some clothes out of her closet and drawers and heads for the bathroom. “Besides, if Maria hasn’t told her who you are then I have to see the look on her face when she sees you again, and…” She drawls out. “I wanna look my best when I laugh at you.” She says closing the bathroom door.

“Are you sure you don’t just want to look your best because you’re going to see Alex again?” I ask loud enough so she can hear me. The bathroom door opens wide enough so she can poke her face through.

“Max, go do something productive and make breakfast or something.” She tells me sarcastically. I laugh and turn around to head out the door when suddenly I’m pelted square in the back by something. I turn around quickly to glare at Isabel but she’s already shut the door; and a second later I hear the sound of the shower running. I look down to inspect the offending object and see one of Isabel’s slippers lying at my feet. I laugh again and head down to the kitchen to do as I’m told.

[Serena POV]

We pull into the parking lot of the school five minutes late, but since Liz no longer feels the need to maim me, I consider it an accomplishment.

“Well, well, well. So glad you decided to grace us with your presence.” Tess sneers as we walk onto the football field. I fight the strong urge to smack her; it’s too early in the morning. I take another sip of my chocolate mint frap and count to ten. How on earth did anyone allow this gerbil onto the cheerleading squad? All she is, is a serious pain in my a-.

“Serena, as squad captain you should be setting a better example for everyone else.” Tess smirks folding her arms in front of her chest. I want to slap that smirk of her face. Apparently Liz can tell also because she leans over to whisper in my ear. “Serena, you can’t. They’ll find her body.”

“Not if I do a good enough job.” I whisper back seriously almost lunging to rip out Tess’ blonde trademark curls. Tess is still oblivious though because she continues on. If she were smart she’d keep her mouth shut; if she were smart…

“You know Serena, if the pressure of being captain is simply too much for you, I’d be more than happy to take over.” Tess says feigning sweetness. I say feigning sweetness because this girl wouldn’t know sweetness if it bit her. I turn to whisper back to Liz.

“When she takes over the cheerleading squad it’ll be a cold day in h-.”

“Serena!” Liz interrupts me whispering loudly. Oh come on. I know Liz wants to hit her as much as I do if not more. Tess clears her throat loudly to get our attention and when she has it she gives us a rude distasteful glare.

“Are you finished?” She asks gaining a few snickers from the few bimbos who follow her.

“No we’re not-.” I begin but I’m immediately cut off by Liz.

“Yeah, you know what; we’re wasting time so let’s just start practice.” Liz says heading over to where the rest of the squad is gathered in the middle of the field, talking. I give Tess one last dirty look and follow my cousin. It is definitely too early to deal with Tess.

[Liz POV]

“Okay girls, we’re going to learn a new cheer for the pep rally today.” Serena announces after finally calming down, thanks to a few more sips of her chocolate mint frap. Although for a while there I totally thought we would have a murder on our hands. Not that anyone would miss her… I notice Serena start to teach the cheer and tune back in. “Okay girls it goes like this:

Uh huh we’re RHS, everybody clap your hands with us,
A few times we’ve beat their team, If they beat us now it’d be obscene
Cause we ain’t got average players, cause we ain’t got average players

Let me here you say our team is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
(Our team is bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S)
Again our team is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
(Our team is bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S)

“Does everyone have it? It’s basically to the tune ‘Hollaback Girl’.” At everyone’s nod she begins to teach them all the routine that goes with the cheer. Luckily since I live with her she’s already taught it to me. I start to join in with everybody else and soon everyone has got it down. I mean, it’s not that difficult. There are a few lifts and barrel tucks but nothing we can’t handle. About a half hour later and a few times through the routine Serena declares us ready and before I know it we’re on our way home to get ready for school.

“Who the heck does that girl think she is?!” Serena asks angrily breaking the silence that had fallen over us on the ride home. “To even suggest that I’m not able to handle being captain. Oh! Sometimes she just makes me wanna scream!” She yells loudly gripping the steering wheel tightly. Yeah and she just makes you want to rip her hair out.

“Oh, I know what you mean. I had to force myself not to.” Serena continues. What? Crap! I’m starting to think out loud again. At Serena’s laughter I turn back to face her.

“What? Did I just say that out loud again?” I ask worried.

“Yes!” She says laughing harder than before. Crap. I wonder if this is a legitimate medical condition. Maybe they have medication for this. This is again followed by more of Serena’s laughter.

“Okay, that’s it. I’m shutting up now.” I say turning to face the window.

“Oh come on Liz; don’t do that, you’re my entertainment. I mean who else can say they have a crazy cousin? OH, real mature Liz.” She says sarcastically as I stick my tongue out at her. What? It was the only thing I could think of at the moment. Serena pulls into the parking lot in front of the Crashdown and we head inside to get ready for school, stealing a donut on our way up. Hey, the perks of your parents owning the establishment. We quickly headed up the stairs to the apartment above the Crashdown and to the room we share, talking all the way; Serena complaining about Tess and me agreeing whole heartedly.

[Max POV]

“Max, what’s all this?” My mom asks surprised, walking out into the kitchen where I’m currently finishing making breakfast.

“Oh, it’s nothing Mom, just a little breakfast, you know, start the day off right.” I say turning my attention back to grilling the sausages.

“Well, it looks wonderful Max. I’m so glad you kids are taking this so well. Did you have fun last night?” She asks moving to set the table.

“Yeah we had a lot of fun last night.” Isabel says walking into the kitchen dressed and ready to go. “We had so much fun with Michael and his friends. They’re really nice. And Max even met a girl.” She says nudging me with her elbow. I catch on to what Iz has just said and feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

“Really,” My mom asks interested. “So what’s her name?”

“So, Mom, what time is dad getting here today?” It’s a lame attempt at a subject change and they both know it since my dad called last night and told us.

“It’s Liz.” Isabel says ignoring the glare I send her. I know this is my punishment for waking her up earlier. “She’s Michael’s sister.” Isabel adds much to my embarrassment.

“Really, is she pretty?” My mom asks Isabel, getting really interested.

“I’m going to go get ready.” I say not being able to take it anymore and heading towards my room for some clothes then the shower. It’s going to be a long ride to school.

Okay guys, hope you liked it :D Thanks to my friend Katherine for bugging me to make it longer or it would've been a heck of a lot shorter than it is now.

Now onto part 4 of '1 girl, 5 guys, and a basement'. I'm really glad that you guys like this story. In the next part I'm going to add another girl. So if anyone wants to be in it just tell me in your feedback. If not, I'll just add one of my friends, either way there'll be a new person in the next part. Hope you like it.

1 Girl, 5 Guys, and a Basement: Part 4

(Guys all sitting down stunned)

Raoul: (sniffle, sniffle) That was so (sniffle) beautiful. (blows his nose on a hanky)

Erik: Yeah, it was. But it still doesn’t get us any closer to finding out who it’s for.

Max: (pacing around the room) I think I have an idea.

Jay: You think? Well, that’s a revelation.

Max: What was that? (glares at Jay)

Jay: Nothing.

Max: Are you sure cause I could’ve sworn I heard you say something.

Jay: Are you saying you don’t believe me? (Stands up challenging Max)

Max: Yeah that’s exactly what I’m saying.

Raoul: (to the other guys) See, what’d I tell you? Trust issues.

(Guys nod and agree.)

Erik: Guys! This is getting us nowhere! Now Max, what was your idea?

(Max and Jay back away from eachother.)

Max: Well, I was going to say that, since Sariah was at school that we could sneak into her room and try to find something that’ll tell us who it’s for. You know like maybe a diary or something.

Jay: Yeah, that’s great, only one problem dipwad, we’re locked in the basement. Plus even if we do find a way to get up to her room, she’ll kill us if she finds us in her room.

Max: Well, that’s why we don’t get caught.

Brandon: But we’re still locked down here.

Max: Well, I didn’t say my plan was perfect. (says dejectedly sitting down)

(Guys sit down and think about it for a minute)

Raoul: Come on, we should be able to come up with something. What about you Erik? You’re all smart and stuff.

Erik: Thanks fop. I’ll take that as a complement.

Max: Hey Erik, I’ve been meaning to ask you, what does fop mean anyways? (Rest of the guys lean forward interested)

Erik: It stands for ‘fellowship of pansies’. (Smirks)

(Realization dawns on the rest of the guys and they start to laugh)

Raoul: Hey!

Max: Quiet…fop! (Guys burst out laughing)

Raoul: Guys. That’s just not cool. (shakes his head at everyone)

Erik: (finally stops laughing) But really, I have been thinking about how to get out of here so we can get up to Sariah’s room.

(rest of guys stop laughing to listen intently)

Erik: Well, first we’re going to need someone skinny enough to fit through that window. (points to tiny window over to the side.)

Max: Well there’s only two of us who could fit through there, and that’s Brandon and Jay.

Jay: Well, we can’t send Brandon; for all we know he’ll get distracted by something shiny and we’ll never see him again.

Brandon: Hey!

Jay: Well it’s true.

Brandon: Yeah okay. (Nods his head in agreement.)

Jay: And if Sariah comes home and he’s not here any more she’ll cut off our dessert privileges for life. So it’ll have to be me.

(guys nod in agreement)

Max: So what does he do once he’s out the window?

Erik: Well, just walk around to the front of the house and look for the spare key. My bets are on that ridiculously hideous frog statue by the front door. Probably in it’s mouth. So anyways, once you’re in the house, walk over and let us out of the basement and we’ll go upstairs and search her room.

Max: Sounds like a plan. What time is it now?

Jay: 10:00 am.

Max: Okay, so we have at least five hours until Sariah gets home from school, so let’s move.

Guys: Right.

Ominous voice: Will Jay make it out of the basement? Is the spare key hidden in the ridiculously hideous frog statue? Will Max get over his trust issues- Max: I told you I don’t have trust issues! (Ominous voice clears throat) So, like I was saying. Will the guys find any evidence showing who the letters are for? Will they get caught red handed by Sariah? Find out next time on ‘1 Girl, 5 Guys, and a Basement.’

Well that's it for today guys! See ya next week with another part.

~Sariah~
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 5b up!

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey guys :D :D I'm back again with another chapter. Yay! Thanx you guys for all the awesome feedback! Hey, did anyone go see the brothers grimm? If so, what'd you think of it? I just found out today that for our big choir competition at the end of the year we're doing 'Wicked'. It's going to be so fun! But anyways...

Special Thanx to:

Behrsgirl1230
anonymousarfan
frenchkiss70
RoswellRulz
begonia9508
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257
Timelord31
Topy458
Lizza

And a very special thanks to my beta:To_Kiss_A_Frog! You rock Cyn.

Hope all you guys are having a rockin' 3 day weekend! :wink: Now, onto chapter 5b!

Chapter 5b

[Liz POV]

Ever get the feeling that your friends know something you don’t? It’s really frustrating and you really want to know what it is. So you beg and beg for them to tell you…then you find out and you wished you never asked…

[Liz POV]

“Serena, have you seen that shirt that I bought the other day? You know the burgundy one that ties in the back?” I ask tossing clothes left and right out of the closet looking for the lost piece of clothing. That is so weird. It was hanging in the closet only two days ago! When I don’t get any answer I turn to face my cousin. “Serena?” I say a little louder.

“Um… I know what shirt you’re talking about but I don’t know where it is, sorry.” She answers quickly never looking up from tying her shoes. Darn it! I really wanted to wear that shirt today when I saw Jay again. Turning back towards my side of the room I turn over a clothes hamper thinking maybe I might have dropped it in there absent mindedly.

“CRAP!” I yell loudly sitting heavily down on my bed. I cringe as I notice the mess my search has caused. Where could it be? “Are you sure you haven’t seen it anywhere?” I ask desperately.

“Nope; I haven’t a clue, sorry.” Serena answers quickly once again; a little too quickly. I stare at her suspiciously hoping if I look long enough I’ll find the answer I’m looking for. She doesn’t meet my gaze and after a few minutes she starts to fidget. She knows something. I narrow my eyes at her-.

“Liz! Serena! Hurry the heck up!” Michael yells from downstairs interrupting my thought. “If you’re not down here in ten minutes I’m leaving without you!”

“Keep your pants on! We’ll be down in a few!” I shout back angrily. Now, where was I… I turn my gaze back to Serena. “Okay Serena.” I begin. “Here’s what I think. I think you know where my shirt is…and you’re going to tell me. We’re not going anywhere until I get that shirt.” I say pacing back and forth in front of my cousin. Serena swallows harshly and I know my interrogation tactics are working.

“I…I have no idea what you’re talking about Liz.” Serena answers; resting her eyes everywhere but on me. That’s it. Squirm.

“I think you know exactly what I’m talking about Serena. I’m never going to let you get a decent night’s sleep until you tell me where it is.” I threaten slowly, never moving my gaze off of her. I wait for some sort of answer and I’m a little taken aback when I notice the smile slowly climb its way onto Serena’s face like she’s just remembered something good. I’m not sure when the tables turned but suddenly I’m afraid of what her smile means.

“Okay Liz…” She drawls out, the smile on her face growing with every word she says, “Say I do know where your shirt is…I want you to answer a question for me first.” I stare silently at her waiting for her to ask her question. Time’s running out. And on cue Michael yells up reminding us that we only have five minutes left before he leaves us.

“Serena, stop playing games and tell me where my shirt is so we can go.” I tell her impatiently.

“You have to answer my question first.” She says laughing.

“Fine!” I huff. “What’s your question?!”

“How’d you sleep last night Liz?” I’m taken aback by the random question and it shows because she’s soon breaking into a fit of giggles. Okay…

“Serena, whatever you’re on-.”

“How’d you sleep last night Liz?” She cuts me off repeating the question. “Did you have any dreams?” She asks, a knowing smirk on her face. Dreams, she couldn’t know, could she? Looking back at her face I know she does. Before I can muster up an answer, she continues. “Liz, is there more to that story you told us about that guy who made you break your cell phone?” I feel the blood rush to my face and suddenly the carpet’s the most interesting thing in the room. In an effort to change the subject, I remind her of the topic at hand.

“Serena, what does this have to do with my shirt?”

“Liz, I have a deal for you. I’ll give you your shirt but you have to promise not to hurt, maim or kill me in any way.” Why? What’d she do to my shirt?!

“I can’t make any guarantees. That was my new shirt. What’d you do to it?” I ask almost afraid of the answer.

“Uh uh Liz,” she says wagging a finger in front of my face. “That’s not how this works. You have to promise me.”

“Or what?” I ask challenging her.

“Or I tell Maria about your dream-.”

“Maria won’t believe you. You don’t have any proof!” I say even though it’s a total lie. Maria would believe her in a heartbeat. But she doesn’t need to know that. I wait for the smile to turn into a frown but am sorely disappointed and even a little more worried when her smile only gets bigger. “You d…don’t h…have any p…proof. Do you?” I stutter out worried of her answer. Serena’s silent and doesn’t give anything away as she gets up off the bed and walks towards the dresser we share and grabs her purse off the top of it. If she does, and she shows it to Maria, I’ll never hear the end of it. It’s then I notice something burgundy peeking out from between the mattresses. While Serena’s back is turned I head over to the bed and snatch the fabric out from its prison. Oh heck no! “Serena! What the heck did you do to my shirt?!” I scream looking down at the now heavily stained shirt. Her silence only makes me angrier. That was an expensive shirt! “Serena! I asked you; what did you do to my-.”

‘Yeah, sure Jay…I’ll dance with you…mmm haha…yeah.’ My face pales as the sound of my voice fills the now deathly quiet room. Turning fully to face my cousin I notice her cell phone in hand and the sound of my voice coming from it. Crap. She did have proof. I give her a withering look and she knows she’s won. I move angrily back towards my closet, grab another shirt and throw it quickly on just as Michael opens the door to announce he’s leaving. Glaring angrily at my cousin I grab my backpack and storm out after Michael; Serena following close behind me. It’s not over and she knows it, but for now she’s safe. At least until I can get to her cell phone and erase whatever evidence she has of that dream.
[Max POV]

“Can we please talk about something else?” I beg from the passengers seat of my mom’s car which had been dropped off an hour ago by of the movers.

“No Max, come on. Tell me about Liz. When did you two meet?” My mom asks giving me no mercy as she digs for information about Liz. When I don’t answer Isabel does for me.

“He met Liz last night Mom.” Isabel says, a smile on her face. “He walked out of the crowd to meet up with us again and he looked like he was walking on cloud nine.” My mom smiles at me brightly then turns to look back at the road. Isabel throws me a grin and when I roll my eyes, continues to tell our mother all about my meeting with Liz. “…and then he’s like ‘I don’t know, I kinda pissed her off’.” Isabel says making her voice deeper to sound like mine.

“And then what happened?” My mom asked excitedly.

“Nothing happened.” I say desperately trying to stop the conversation now before Isabel could embarrass me anymore. Isabel rolls her eyes at my lame attempt and continues on.

“Well, apparently he-.”

“Oh look, we’re here.” I interrupt Isabel as we pull up to the front of the school, jumping out. Thank you. I watch as Isabel and then my mother jump out of the car and follow close behind me as I look around for the office. I start to worry that Isabel’s going to continue the story of how I met Liz when suddenly my salvation shows up dressed in khakis and a green sweater.

“Alex!” I yell loud enough so Isabel can hear. My voice has the exact effect I had hoped it would when Isabel looks up excitedly to see Alex’s lanky figure walking towards us.

“Hey! Max and Isabel, right? Welcome to Roswell High.” He says smiling brightly at Isabel. Isabel blushes and manages to mumble small thanks. Though neither of these things go unnoticed by my mother who gives me a knowing look. My mother clears her throat breaking the spell on Isabel.

“Oh Mom, this is Alex. He’s a friend of Michael’s we met last night. Alex, this is my mom.” Isabel says putting extra emphasis on Alex’s name.

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Evans.” Alex says amiably moving to shake our mother’s hand.

“It’s nice to meet you too Alex. Do you think you could show us to the office?” My mother asks knowing that without his help we probably would never find it.

“It would be my pleasure.” He answers, then, turning to face Isabel he held his arm out for her to take. “My lady.” Isabel’s face turned an even deeper shade of pink as she grabbed onto his arm and let him lead us to the office. Falling into step with my mother I was finally able to extract my revenge on Isabel.

“So Mom…want to know how Iz met Alex?”

[Serena POV]

Michael immediately noticed the tension between Liz and me as soon as we got in the car. Not that it was hard to notice that Liz sat as far as she could away from me and continued to glare at me every opportunity she had. But no matter how angry Liz was at me it could do nothing to stop the temporary truce that was silently struck up between us as we walked onto campus to see Alex standing with a pretty blonde…that neither of us knew.

“Who is that girl walking with Alex?” Liz asked incredulously which I could understand because here was Alex, who’s supposed to be our best friend, looking extremely cozy with a girl we’ve never met before; and he’s never introduced us to her!

“I have no idea!” I tell her equally shocked that he hasn’t even introduced us.

“Hey guys. What are we looking at?” Maria says showing up behind us and peeking over our shoulders.

“Holy Crap Maria! Get a frickin’ bell or something, you scared the bejeezus out of me!” I shouted loudly at the blonde, clutching at my racing heart. Surprise registered on Maria’s face at the outburst but it quickly turned to a smile as she looked past us to see what we had been looking at.

“Hey, there’s Alex and Isabel! Don’t they look cute together?” She asked, excitedly looking back to us. What. The. Heck. He told Maria about this ‘Isabel’ but he didn’t tell us? Liz must have been thinking the same thing because the first question out of her mouth was ‘who the heck is Isabel’.

“Oh, well, we met Isabel last night.” Maria says as though it explains everything. We looked at her waiting for her to go on but when she didn’t, I took matters into my own hands.

“Maria, who’s ‘we’ and who exactly, is Isabel?” I ask bordering on frustration. She’s not telling us anything.

“Oh, Isabel is one of the new students you’re supposed to show around today Liz. Kyle, Michael, Alex and I met them last night. Well, her and her brother Max.”

“Looks like Isabel already found someone to show her around.” I tell them pointing to where Alex and Isabel are walking off arm in arm. I do have to admit they do make a cute couple.

“What about her brother, Max?” Liz asks trying not to appear curious but failing miserably. Hey, I’d be curious too. If Max were anywhere as good looking as Isabel then heaven help the female population of West Roswell High.

“Well, actually Liz, there is something I should tell you about Max-.”

“Oh, don’t tell me he’s gay.” I say hoping that’s not the case.

“Well, no, at least I don’t think so.” She says scrunching up her face in confusion. “No, Max is-.” But before Maria could finish her sentence the bell rings and Liz is rushing off towards the office. “Liz, wait! I have to tell you something important about Max-.”

“Tell me at lunch! I gotta go or I’ll be late! See you later.” Liz yelled over her shoulder as she rushed in the direction of the office. We watched as she disappeared out of sight and once she was gone I couldn’t stop myself from asking.

“So…what’s so important about Max? And is he cute?”
[Max POV]

“Well Max, Isabel, it’s my pleasure to welcome you both to West Roswell High and I hope you enjoy it here.” Principal Porter tells us standing up and shaking our hands. “Now, do you guys have any questions that I can answer?” Looking silently to Isabel who’s sitting next to Alex and shakes her head no we both sit waiting for Liz to show up to show us around.

“Uh…actually Mr. Porter,” Alex speaks up. “If it’s alright with you sir could I show Isabel here,” he says gesturing to Isabel, “around? I have a free period right now and really it’d be no trouble at all.” Alex says hopefully.

“Sure Mr. Whitman. Is this alright with you Ms. Evans?” Mr. Porter asks turning to address Isabel.

“Yes, Mr. Porter. I’d actually like that very much.” Isabel answered causing Alex to smile goofily and head out the door with Isabel on his arm.

“Good luck with Liz.” Isabel says on her way out the door winking at me knowingly.

It’s not too long after Isabel leaves when the door bursts open and in rushes Liz looking beautiful as ever. She stops in front of the principal’s desk to catch her breath and I can tell she hasn’t noticed me yet.

“I’m…so…s…sorry I’m…late.” Liz wheezes out of breathe apologizing.

“Oh, it’s quite alright Ms. Parker. Actually we were just finishing up here. Ms. Parker, I’d like you to meet Max Evans and this is his mother Mrs. Evans. Liz’s eyes fell on my mother first.

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Evans.” She says holding out her hand to shake my mom’s.

“Please, call me Diane. I’ve heard so much about you from my daughter Isabel. I believe she met your brother last night and we met your father yesterday as well.”

“Well, I hope it was all good.” Liz answered smiling shyly. I can’t seem to take my eyes off of her. She’s so beautiful. My mom looks Liz over and looks to me and smiles. It’s then that Liz turns to look at me for the first time since she came in the room. The next minute happened in slow motion. From the smile dropping from Liz’s face as recognition set in, to the anger hidden behind the fake smile she plastered on after, to the words that came out of her mouth next. Turning back to face my mother and the principal she continued speaking. “It was a pleasure meeting you Mrs.-Diane.” She corrected herself at my mother’s look sheepishly. “Now if you’ll excuse us, I’ll start showing Max around.” Smiling once more she turned on her heel facing me, grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door giving me just enough time to say goodbye to my mom before dragging me out of sight. As soon as the door closes behind us she whirls on me and starts poking her finger harshly at my chest.

“What are you doing here? Are you like stalking me now?!” She asks yelling at me. Yep, she definitely remembered me. I felt myself getting angry that she was accusing me of stalking her that before I knew it I was yelling back.

“Don’t flatter yourself. We moved here. This is the school we go to now.” I tell her flatly. Is that disappointment I see in her eyes? Is she disappointed I’m not stalking her? Don’t be stupid Max. Why would she be sad you weren’t stalking her? But soon the sad look is gone to be replaced with a look of anger.

“Don’t flatter myself?!” She asks incredulously. “Forgive me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you ask me out last night?!” She yells accenting each word with a poke to my chest. *Oww.* “Plus,” she adds. “You broke my cell phone!”

“Look, I said I was sorry. Besides, it’s not like I’m the one who stepped on it!” I yell back indignantly.

“So! You made me drop it!” She says throwing her hands in the air in exasperation.

“What kind of crazy logic is that?!”

“The kind of logic where you buy me a new one!”

“A new what; personality?”

“No! A new phone, Dip wad!”

“Dip wad?! I-.” But I don’t get to finish my sentence because suddenly the door to the principal’s office opens and out walks my mom. She takes in the sight in front of her and smiles at the picture we make. Liz stands close enough to me that if she exhaled I’m pretty sure I could feel her breath. Not that I’m complaining, but Liz is a different story. As soon as she sees my mother she takes three huge steps away from me and puts on a blank face.

“Max, Liz, what are you two still doing here?” She asks calmly. As if she couldn’t hear us yelling through the office door. She walks over and pulls me into a hug. “I’m going to leave now honey but I’ll see you at home okay?” She waits until I respond with an ‘okay’ before she lowers her voice and pulls me closer so only I can here her. “Don’t worry, your father and I used to fight like this all the time.” She gives me another squeeze before letting go. She smiles one more time and turns to leave. “It was nice meeting you Liz.” She says as she walks out of the school.

“You too.” She calls out after her. Although as soon as my mom’s out of sight, Liz starts to leave, walking swiftly down the hallway.

“Where are you going?” I shout running to catch up with her. Man she’s fast.

“Away from you.” She shouts over her shoulder.

“Wait.” I say catching hold of her arm and turning her to face me.

“What?” She asks tapping her foot impatiently.

“Aren’t you supposed to show me around first?” I remind her. She rolls her eyes and turns to keep walking. “Look, just show me around the school first and then I’ll be out of your way, okay?”

“Fine.” She sighs out heavily and continues walking down the hall.

“Fine.” This should be interesting.

“So, your mom’s nice. I guess that rules you out as the spawn of Satan…Unless you’re adopted…” She says leaving the question hanging as I fall into step beside her.
Okay guys, that's it for today. Sorry I don't have another part yet for '1 girl, 5 guys, and a basement.' I have to go somewhere this weekend so I at least wanted to post this before I go, although I'll probably be back with the next part for '1 girl, 5 guys and a basement' tomorrow or sunday. For anyone who has family in New Orleans or that were affected by the hurricane: I hope they're safe and I wish you guys all the best. This is a really tough time and I hope everything turns out okay for you guys. :)

~Sariah~
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

part 5 of '1 girl, 5 guys and a basement'

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey Guys! It's me back with part 5 of '1 girl, 5 guys and a basement'. This part is going to be especially good because my extra best friend Amy helped me write it; and when Amy and I get together hilarity ensues. I hope you guys like it.

1 Girl, 5 Guys, And A Basement: Part 5

Jay: Dude guys my elbow’s stuck!

Erik: So, you don’t need your elbow plus this way more important! (Pushing Jay forcefully against the window.)

Jay: No seriously my arm’s caught!

Brandon: Unhinge your shoulder like a snake.

Max: Snakes don’t have shoulders.

(Guys shove Jay through the window)

Jay: Ow! Gee thanks guys my shoulder’s bleeding! (shouts sarcastically)

Erik: Get over it and find that ridiculously hideous frog statue!

(5 minutes later)

Max: What the heck’s taking you so long?

(Jay yelling from the front of the house)

Jay: I’m inside shut up!

Erik: Well then hurry up!

Max: Hey guys, where’s Raoul?

Erik: Does anyone hear that? (Crying heard from the corner)

(All turn to see Raoul huddled in the corner in a fetal position rocking back and forth)

Raoul: We’re gonna get caught. We’re gonna get caught!

Erik: Geez, he didn’t cry nearly this much when I was about to take Christine away from him.

(Meanwhile…)

Amy: Unhand me you scoundrel! (She yells fighting against her captors)

Sariah: It’s no use Amy they’ve got us surrounded.

Amy: Crap! I can’t believe we can’t even outrun fake law enforcement.

Sariah: Well, we’ve gotten pretty good at escaping from fake jail.

Amy: Well, maybe we can use this knowledge for future escapades. What did you do to get in jail the first time? This is all your fault you know. You escaped from jail and then they came after me too. Something about aiding and abetting.

Sariah: Hey! I didn’t do anything to begin with! I’m innocent.

Mr. Lund: Sariah, Amy, get back on the bus it’s time to go.

Amy: Yeah you gotta let us go now!

Fake Sheriff: I’ll get you varmints next year.

Sariah: Oh yeah? Well I’m telling everyone about your crooked law enforcement!

(Fake Sheriff just laughs)

Mr. Lund: Come on! Get on the bus now!

(Sariah shakes her fist at the fake sheriff)

Sariah and Amy: Mr. Lund, Mr. Lund! We’re coming! (They said running to the safety of the bus)

Amy: I can’t believe we got arrested three times!

Meredith: I think I know why they were arresting you so many times.

Amy and Sariah: Well, enlighten us. Why?

Meredith: I think they were doing it to flirt with you.

Sariah and Amy: Ewwwww!

Sariah: So that’s why that creepy old guy was like ‘If you were my girlfriend I’d pay a lot of money to get you out.’ (Shudders in disgust)

Amy: And that hot fireman didn’t even help us! Isn’t it their job to save people? Slackers.

Sariah: That’s the last time I go to one of those volunteer firemen barbecues. I’m so glad this is a half day.

Amy: But there were some cute guys there.

Sariah: That’s true. Plus I got some awesome earrings for a dollar.

(RJ peeks over the back of the seat)

RJ: Hey guys, who’s up for another round of ‘I’m So Mad’?

(Everyone cheers)

RJ: (Strums a chord on his guitar) I’m so mad…

(Meanwhile, back at the house…)

(Jay sneaks towards the basement)

Jay: Oooh! Apple pie! (He yells out rushing towards the pastry on the counter.)

Max: I can see him through the key hole! He’s going after the apple pie!

Guys: No Jay, No! Focus man, Focus!

Jay: What? Where am I? Oh right. (Heads back towards the basement)

(Finds a key on top of the fridge and opens the basement door)

Brandon: And he said I’d get distracted by something shiny…. Oooh! Pie pan! Shiny!

Max: Right… Anyways, let’s get moving.

Jay: So where do you think Sariah’s bedroom is? Brandon, get away from the pie pan!

Brandon: What? No! (Grabs pie pan and runs around the corner) Guys! I think I found her room.

Guys: What? How do you know?

Brandon: Well, it has a big shiny knob, and I know Sariah likes her doorknobs shiny… Plus it says Sariah’s room on the door.

(Guys stand in awe in front of the room…Beethoven’s Ode to Joy playing in the background)

Jay: Hey guys, where’s that music coming from?

Erik: Geez man! We have no time to worry about that! Let’s start the rummaging. (He says opening the door)
Jay: Geez it’s that music again!

Erik: Shut up! Let’s just start looking.

(Guys pile into the room)

Erik: Okay guys, let’s split up and look. There’s gotta be clues somewhere… (Guys move around the room looking at stuff)

Max: Wow, look at all the books she has. It’s- Brandon put down those earrings!

Brandon: But they’re so shiny!

Max: Just put ‘em down. If Sariah notices anything out of place she’ll know something’s up.

Jay: Guys, I think I’ve died and gone to heaven…

Guys: What? Did you find any clues? (Guys look over Jay’s shoulder to see him pulling out a large stash of Reese’s from under the bed.)

Jay: Guys…I think we’ve found Mecca.

Guys: Oooooh!

Erik: Haa! I knew it!

Guys: Huh? (They look over to see Erik in front of the DVD collection)

Erik: I bet you the movie in her DVD player is Phantom Of The Opera.

Max: I’ll take that bet. I bet you it’s a Roswell Season 3 disc…

Jay: Well, let’s find out. (Opens the DVD player, all the guys lean in to see what it is.) Okay, drum roll please…And the DVD is…Napoleon Dynamite?

Brandon: Yes! I love that movie! (Erik, Max, and Raoul turn to glare at him.) What?

(Clicking sound is heard and then the mumbling of voices)

Sariah: Yes! I’m so happy to be home!

Amy: Yeah, I know what you mean…

Max: (In a loud whisper) Crap! It’s Sariah!

Jay: What’s she doing home so early?! (looks around in panic)

Max: I don’t know, but we gotta hide! Hurry… In the closet! (Guys rush towards the big closet doors and slip inside shutting the doors behind them)

Erik: Man! How much crap does she have in her closet?! (Kicks clothes out of the way and uncovers a medium sized leather bound book) Hmmm… what’s this?

Sariah: Come on Amy… Let’s head to my room to watch a movie.

Raoul: Crap! Here she comes! We’re gonna get caught, we’re gonna get caught!

Max: Shut up! No we’re not! Just be quiet.

Sariah: That’s so weird!

Amy: What?

Sariah: The apple pie’s gone.

Amy: Well that’s weird…

(Guys all turn to glare at Brandon who stops with his hand halfway to his mouth full of pie, his other arm clutching the pie protectively.)

Amy: Hey Sariah? (Guys turn back to listen to what’ going on)

Sariah: Yeah?

Amy: Uh… Why’s there a trail of blood on your floor? You weren’t doing that voodoo stuff again were you?

Sariah: No! I told you it was just that one time! (Goes over to look at the blood) Hey! That’s Jay’s blood!

(Guys all turn to look at Jay who’s clutching his arm again. He gives him a ‘what? I told you so’ look and they turn back to listen.)

Amy: What? How do you know it’s Jay’s blood?

Sariah: Uh… that’s not important.

Amy: Well, how did Jay’s blood get in here?

Sariah: I don’t know… I’m sure I locked the basement door… (Paces the room trying to figure it out.) ‘Good thing they didn’t find my diary in the closet under my clothes…’ What the?!

Amy: What now?

Sariah: Someone stole my Spice Girls CD!

(Guys turn and glare at Raoul who is sitting on the floor of the closet clutching the CD to his chest. At the guys’ glares he shrugs.)

Raoul: What? It’s Girl Power! (Guys eyes get wide as the room gets quiet)

Amy: Did you hear that?

Sariah: Yeah, it sounded like it was coming for the closet…

Guys: (Whispering loudly) Geez Raoul! (Erik smacks him on the head)

Raoul: Oww!

Sariah: I definitely heard that. (Sariah and Amy head towards the closet doors wearily) Okay, on the count of three we’ll open the doors, okay?

(Amy nods)

Sariah and Amy: Okay, 1…2…3! (They throw open the doors)

Sariah: Oh my gosh!

Raoul: See, I told you we’d get caught.

Ominous Voice: What did Sariah see that made her say ‘Oh my gosh’? Did Erik find Sariah’s elusive diary? Why is there so much crap in her closet? Why does she hide her diary on the floor of her closet under clothes? How did Sariah know it was Jay’s blood on the carpet? Will she be able to get the blood out of the carpet? Why did she get thrown into fake jail the first time? Why is RJ so mad? Find out next time on ‘1 Girl, 5 Guys and a Basement.’

(BTW: Most of the stuff in here about the fake jail and firemen etc. is true and it happened today; except we weren't on a field trip.) Well, guys that's it! I had fun writing this and I'll be back soon with the next chapter of both stories.
See Ya,
~Sariah~
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 6 up

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey Guys I'm back! :D :D Holy crap! How did I let myself get to the fourth page already? Bad Sariah. Anyways, so thank you everyone for the feedback, I love it! Sorry this part is kinda short but I hope you like it.

Special Thanks To:

RASaero611
anonymousarfan
Behrsgirl1230
Timelord31
frenchkiss70
Lizza
begonia9508
Emz80m
Topy458

And a very special thanks to my beta:To_Kiss_A_Frog! You rock Cyn.

Thanx again guys, and I luv it when you ask questions too. It gives me more ideas for my story. :D Now, on to chapter 6!!!

Chapter 6: Can’t Anyone Keep Secrets Anymore?

[Liz POV]

You know you tell someone something in confidence, you expect them to keep it a secret right? Well…tell them in confidence; they hear you talk in your sleep…same thing right? Maybe someone should tell that to my cousin…
[Liz POV]

“…and that over there is the cafeteria, but I’d stray away from the mystery meat on Thursdays. They’re not kidding when they call it ‘mystery meat’. I don’t think anyone knows exactly what’s in it…” I tell him off-handedly pointing in the vague direction of large building and trying my hardest not to look at him.

Hmmm… and why are you trying not to look at him Liz? It isn’t because he’s cute huh?

What the heck? Who are you?

I’m your conscience Liz. I’m you. Well, the honest you. You think Max is cute.

Great; not only do I think out loud at less than opportune times, talk in my sleep, but now I’m hearing voices. I sneak another glance at Max to make sure I actually haven’t said anything out loud. I think I’m in the clear as Max’s gaze is still on the building I’ve just pointed out. Good. Don’t need another person thinking I’m crazy. Wait. When did I start caring what Max thought?

See. I told you that you liked him.

No you didn’t. You said I thought he was cute. I didn’t say anything about liking him.

Oh so you admit that he’s cute then…

What? I never said that. You’re twisting my words around. If anything else he annoys me.

Yeah, right.

Are you saying you don’t believe me?

Give the girl a prize. Yes that is exactly what I’m saying.

Hey, who asked you anyway? Geez I can’t believe I’m arguing with myself. This is just…sad.

“Liz?” I turn my head to face Max who’s looking at me questioningly. He continues to look at me as if he’s waiting for an answer.

“What?” I ask rather rudely and as soon as I do I regret it. When did I become such a witch?

About the same time Max Evans showed up. You know he’s not going to like you very much if you keep being so mean to him…

Well then it’s a good thing that I don’t care if he likes me.

“Nothing.” Max replies quickly and turns away from me to gaze down the hall walking a little faster. Probably to get away from me; not that I blame him. Geez, I’m not usually like this.

See. I think you do care what Max thinks.

Do not.

Do too.

Do not.

Do too.

Oh yeah, well if you know so much then why I am I so mean to him? Huh? Answer that.

Because you like this guy; you think he’s cute but you’ve liked Jay for so long that it scares you to even think of liking someone else.

Damn. That actually makes some sense. Not that I’m saying it’s true or that I’m admitting to anything.

You don’t have to admit to anything. I’m you. I know.

Don’t you have somewhere else to be or something? Can’t you just leave me alone?

Not till you admit it…

Admit what?

You know perfectly well what I’m talking about.

Fine! I admit it! The boy’s hot! He’s fine. He’s got gorgeous eyes, totally kissable lips, and the view from behind ain’t bad either! There! You happy now?!

Very; Just uh…one more thing before I go.

Oh yeah…and what’s that?

You just said that out loud. Bye.

W-what? I look in front of me to see that Max is indeed staring at me from his position in front of me with a smug smile on his face. Damn.

[Maria POV]

Oh man. Liz is going to kill me when she finds out who Max is and that I knew who he was and didn’t tell her. Not that I didn’t try…well, hard.

“So…what’s so important about this Max and is he cute?” Serena asks curiously. Well, Liz is going to find out soon enough, I guess it won’t hurt to tell Serena.

“You remember last night how Liz was saying that some jerk bumped into her and made her break her cell phone?”

“OH MY GOSH! Max is the hottie?!” She yells out in a mixture of shock and…amusement? Wait a minute. Hottie?

“Serena, what are you talking about? Did Liz say he was a hottie?”

“Well is he?” She counters quickly.

“Well yeah-.”

“I knew it! I knew there was more to the story than she was telling us!” She shouts triumphantly. “Oh this is great!”

“Serena, are you crazy? This isn’t great! Do you remember how angry Liz was at him last night? She’ll kill me when she finds out I knew who he was and didn’t tell her before.” I shout throwing my hands in the air.

“Oh calm down Maria. I have a feeling that Liz won’t be quite as angry as you think.” She says; a dangerous gleam shining in her eyes.

“What are you talking about and why did you refer to Max as ‘the hottie’? What’s going on?! And don’t tell me to calm down.” Why is she so calm about this? I watch as a smirk settles on her face and rests there as she digs through her purse for something. A minute later she produces her cell phone. Okay…how does this answer my questions?

“Maria, I don’t think my cousin has been exactly honest with us about all that went on last night with her and Maxie boy…”

“Meaning…” I ask still not getting where she’s going with all this.

“Meaning…that when you see what I have to show you you’ll understand a lot more.” She says flipping the screen of phone to face me.

“Help me out here Serena, what am I looking at-.”

“…look hottie! Just cuz you’re cute and asked me out does not mean I’m going to forget that you broke my cell phone.”

“Is that Liz?!” I ask in disbelief staring at the tiny screen. No way. But still I’m proven wrong as the figure on screen turns over and I see Liz’s face peek out from behind the blankets. Holy crap.

[Liz POV]

Okay, calm down Liz. Maybe he didn’t hear you say that. Maybe he’s just turning around to ask me a question about the school. He could be smirking for a completely different reason that has nothing to do with you right?

“So…exactly how good is the view from behind?” He asks taking a few steps closer. Hmmm…guess not.

“What makes you think I was talking about you?” I recover quickly trying to hide the blush of embarrassment rushing to my cheeks.

“Well if you weren’t talking about me then who were you talking about?” He asks practically daring me to deny it.

“Well, if you must know, I was talking about Jay. You know the guy I was meeting last night.” I tell him haughtily and move to walk past him. As I brush past him though he grabs a hold of my arm and turns me to face him.

“Really?” He questions arching an eyebrow at me.

“Yes really!” I shout yanking my arm from his grasp.

“And you just expect me to believe that you go around talking about how hot this Jay is even when he’s not around.” Well when he says it like that I sound crazy.

“Well, yeah.” I tell him indignantly yet not daring to meet his eyes afraid he’ll see I’m lying.

“Then why don’t I believe you?” He says smugly.

“I don’t know! Maybe you’ve got trust issues, or maybe your fragile male ego just doesn’t want to believe that one girl’s not attracted to you.” He looks at me thoughtful for a moment then shakes his head.

“No, I don’t think that’s it.”

“Yeah well, whatever you’re thinking you’re wrong.”

“Am I?” He asks closing the space between us bringing his arms up to grab my shoulders. Liz! What the heck are you doing?! You can’t let him kiss you! You’re with Jay now right? But although my mind protests all I can do is watch as his face gets closer and closer to mine. RIGHT? And soon the last thing I see are Max’s beautiful amber eyes as my eyes flutter closed.
Ahhhhhh! Don't hate me for leaving it there! Anyways, I also have another part of '1 Girl, 5 Guys, And A Basement' for you...

1 Girl, 5 Guys, And A Basement: Part 6

Last Time on ‘1 Girl, 5 Guys, And A Basement’:

Sariah: Oh My Gosh!

Raoul: See, I told you we’d get caught.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sariah: What the heck are you guys doing in my room?!

Brandon: Would you believe we got lost on our way to the bathroom?

Sariah: You and Raoul, Yes. But Max, Jay and Erik, No. There’s one right there in the basement!

Jay: Really? Well…um…heh heh…the thing is…

Sariah: Brandon! Is that my apple pie?! (Brandon’s eyes get wide with fear as he tries to hide it behind his back)

Brandon: Umm…no?

Amy: Oh man. (Shakes her head in pity) Shouldn’t have touched the apple pie.

(Sariah takes deep breaths and puts on a smile which only manages to freak the guys out more)

Sariah: Guys, I’m going to ask you one more time and I want the truth. What were you guys doing in my room?

Erik: It’s all Max’s fault. It was his idea!

Max: Dude Erik! What the hell?!

(Raoul and Brandon start snickering)

Raoul and Brandon: Max said the ‘H’ word! Max said the ‘H’ word!

Max: Shut up! What are you like four? Anyways, I can’t take all the credit Erik. It was your idea to sneak out the window and use the spare key to get into the house!

Sariah: You took the spare key from Mr. Froggers?!

Erik: Umm…no? Wait. You named that hideous frog statue Mr. Froggers? (Guys start to laugh)

Amy: (Leans over to Erik) She’s yelling at you for sneaking into her room and rifling through her stuff and you diss her ridiculous looking frog statue? Bad move.
(Guys start to back away from Erik as Sariah moves closer)

Sariah: Are you making fun of Mr. Froggers? (Guys snicker and Sariah turns to glare at them effectively shutting them up)

Erik: (Decides to be brave and tell the truth) Yeah! That thing’s the most hideous thing ever made!

Amy: Oh…You shouldn’t have done that…

Erik: Huh?

Amy: She got that from her ex-boyfriend Ryan.

Brandon: The Ryan?!

Amy: Yep.

(Then the scariest thing of all happens…Sariah starts crying)

Amy: (To Erik) Now you’ve done it. (Goes over and hugs Sariah glaring at Erik over Sariah’s shoulder)

Erik: Wait…but I didn’t mean…uh…sorry?

(Sariah pulls away from Amy and looks at Erik laughing with tears in her eyes leaving Erik even more baffled)

Sariah: Don’t be sorry. Finally someone hates that statue as much as I do!

(Everyone breathes a sigh of relief)

Jay: So does that mean we’re not in trouble anymore?

Sariah: Oh no, you’re still in trouble. First of all, you snuck out of the basement-.

Max: Which was all Erik’s idea.

Erik: Was not!

Max: Was too!
Raoul: (under his breath) now whose acting like four year olds?

Sariah: Second! (Guys shut up) You stole my apple pie! (Guys all glare at Brandon)

Brandon: I couldn’t help it! It was so…shiny!

Sariah: And third, you broke into my room and went through my stuff. Not to mention you still haven’t told me why…

Amy: (Whistles) Better be good guys…

Sariah: What, no one wants to tell me why? Fine. We’ll do this the hard way.

(Heads over to Brandon and drags him towards the door)

Sariah: Amy, watch them for me.

Amy: Yes Ma’am. (Does a fake salute and turns back to face the guys with a gleam in her eyes) (As they walk out the door…) You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Max: Don’t tell her anything Brandon!

Jay: Remember. She can smell fear!

Raoul: (Under his breath) ‘If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends. Make it last forever. Friendship never ends…’

(Outside the room)

Sariah: Okay Brandon, this is your one chance to get off the hook. Just tell me why you were in my room.

Brandon: No! The guys’ll kill me if I tell!

Sariah: Okay well I gave you a choice…Look at the pretty, shiny doorknob Brandon! Isn’t it beautiful? (Brandon becomes entranced by the shiny object)

Brandon: Ooh! Shiny! (Reaches out to touch it)

Sariah: Nope. Can’t touch it till you tell me why you were in my room…

(Starts to whimper and finally breaks)

Brandon: We were trying to find out who those love letters were for. Max said we might be able to find clues or maybe even a diary and we could find out who it’s for. Now can I touch the shiny doorknob?
Sariah: Yeah, sure. Touch to your heart’s content. (Brandon squeals in delight)

(Back in the room: Guys hear Brandon squeal)

Max: Oh no! She’s torturing him!

Amy: So…why don’t you guys tell me why you broke into Sariah’s room? Who knows, maybe she’ll go easy on you…

Jay: Do you really think she’ll go easy on us?

Amy: Well, no, but if you tell me, then I’ll talk to her for you.

Erik: How the heck did you guys get home in time to catch us anyways?! It’s only 12:00!

Amy: There was a field trip moron! (Points to the calendar on the wall) It’s right there circled on the calendar in red with like seven exclamation points! (All turn to the calendar) Underneath the date there’s a note from Sariah saying ‘This is circled in red just in case you guys decided to sneak into my room on this day!

Erik: Well, that’s weird! I could’ve sworn that wasn’t there before.

Amy: Well, are you going to tell me?

Jay: Well, I guess it can’t hurt. I mean Sariah probably already knows…

Max: Okay. It all started when Sariah chucked a piece of paper at Raoul because he was fighting with Brandon…

(Back outside with Sariah and Brandon)

Sariah: Hmm…so they thought they could find my diary and find out who the love letter was for. Fools. Good thing they didn’t find the diary in the closet under the clothes.

(Back in the room)

Amy: So you found this in her closet under her clothes? (She asks excitedly pointing to the book Erik was holding)

Erik: Yeah. I think it’s her diary

Amy: Really?! Well what are we waiting for? Crack that baby open and let’s find out who the letters are for! (Rubbing her hands together greedily)

(Guys look at her like she’s crazy)

Amy: What?! She hasn’t told me either and I want to know!

(Guys open the medium-sized, leather-bound book. Hallelujah Chorus fills the room)

Jay: Where does that music come from?!

Ominous voice: What does Sariah’s diary say? Where does that music come from? What will the guys’ punishment be? Is Amy now helping them in their quest to find out who the love letters are for? And most importantly: Will Sariah ever get her Spice Girls CD back from Raoul? Find out next time on ‘1 Girl, 5 Guys And A Basement’.

Okay guys, that's it for today. :( I'll be back hopefully soon with a new part of both stories! Oh yeah, I didn't get the solo (Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again) because apparently we're singing it together as a choir, but my friend and I are going to sing a duet at our Christmas concert. It's a song from 'Miss Saigon' called 'I Still Believe'. It's an awesome song and I can't wait to do it!

See ya guys!

~Sariah~
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A/N

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey guys :oops: I know that I said that I'd have the next part up on Monday...and it's Tuesday...but tons of things are coming up and my life is going crazy. First of all there's all these crazy thunderstorms going on and the power is going out everywhere.(streetlights, high school, etc.) It's crazy and today was just a horrible day. :twisted: Then I have to make my masquerade costume for homecoming which is in 2 1/2 weeks... :shock: I have to memorize parts and words for our choir performance this weekend at the center for the arts. Last night my friends and I attempted to make shirts for our giant senior pic in the yearbook and that took forever and then we ended up not needing them today by the way b/c the pic was canceled because of the rain...and also I have to get ready because in about 10 days I'm going to Utah for the weekend...so, add homework to that and a physics class that I absolutely do not understand and I am extremely stressed right now. But I am working on the part when I can and I have about half of it done so I hope to have it done by this weekend.

But since you're all being such good sports here's a preview of the next chappie...

Last time on ‘Not Expecting To Fall Literally’:

“Am I?” He asks closing the space between us bringing his arms up to grab my shoulders. Liz! What the heck are you doing?! You can’t let him kiss you! You’re with Jay now right? But although my mind protests all I can do is watch as his face gets closer and closer to mine. RIGHT? And soon the last thing I see are Max’s beautiful amber eyes as my eyes flutter closed.

Chapter 6b

[Liz POV]

Leaning my face forward I wait for his soft, full lips to meet mine. That’s why when I feel his warm breath against my ear I struggle to hold in my gasp of surprise and slow the quickening of my heart.

“Liz.” He whispers softly against my ear and I struggle to swallow through my suddenly dry throat to answer him.

“Y-yeah, Max?” I stutter as he brings his hand up to cup my face and brings me closer.
Okay, see you guys later! :D

~Sariah~
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

chapter 6b up

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey Everybody! I'm back! I'm happy to say I am done with chapter 6b and my beta has okayed it for your viewing pleasure so let's get on with it! :D

Special Thanks to:

Behrsgirl1230: Thanx so much. You are such a doll! My day actually did get a little better and our choir performance was fabulous!
Timelord31
frenchkiss70
Thumbelina: Welcome! Happy to have another feedbacker.
Lizza: I'm glad you like both stories! Thanx so much for all your wonderful feedback!
brillantsmiles: Welcome! I'm so happy you like my story and am glad you deem it feedback worthy. :D
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257
txndreamer06
RASaero611: You're going to get a little of both... :lol:

And a very special thanx to my beta:To_Kiss_A_Frog

Thanx again you guys for all the wonderful feedback! I'm less stressed now that our first choir performance is over so hopefully I can cram in one more part before I go to Utah this weekend. My homecoming dress is coming along famously and I'm so excited! Although I still hate physics with a fiery passion that burns with the fire of a thousand suns... :twisted: But enough about me, my life is boring. On to the next chapter! :D

Last time on ‘Not Expecting To Fall Literally’:

Chapter 6b

[Liz POV]

Leaning my face forward I wait for his soft, full lips to meet mine. That’s why when I feel his warm breath against my ear I struggle to hold in my gasp of surprise and slow the quickening of my heart.

“Liz.” He whispers softly against my ear and I struggle to swallow through my suddenly dry throat to answer him.

“Y-yeah, Max?” I stutter as he brings his hand up to cup my face and brings me closer. Although he never answers as his warm lips meet mine softly, his eyelashes fluttering on my cheek as he leans in closer. Unconsciously I lift my arms to wrap them around his neck, kissing him back. Slowly his lips pull away from mine and before I know it I feel his sweet breath against my ear again.

“I think I’ve proven my point; don’t you?” He asks releasing his grip on my shoulders and pulling away. Wait…huh? His words break through the haze I’m in and suddenly I feel something heavy and sickening settle in the pit of my stomach. My eyes snap open in shock and anger; but more than anything, embarrassment as my mind registers his words and my eyes take in his smug expression.

“You selfish, egotistical, pretentious, jerk!” The words rip out of my throat as I shove him harshly away from me. “How dare you?!” My voice rings loudly through the empty hallway. It was all just to prove a point.

“Liz-.”

“No. Where the hell do you get off Max? Huh?” I shout angrily at him.

“If you weren’t talking about me before; and if you aren’t attracted to me, then why are you so angry Liz?” Max asks staring at me expectantly. Oh I just want to hit him because the ironic part about this is that he has a point. Why am I so angry? “Well…?”
“You know, I’m pretty sure you can find your way around the school on your own. You’re a big boy…” I spit out harshly as I turn on my heel, fully intending to leave him there alone in the hallway. How could I ever be attracted to him? I must have been delusional or something. I like Jay, I’m with Jay now. Feeling reassured I make my way down the hall towards my next class.

“You can’t ignore this Liz, you feel something; I know you do.” He shouts after me. My body stiffens at his words and I turn around once more to glare at him.

“The only thing I feel for you right now is annoyance…and disgust.”

[Max POV]

Well that went well. I watch as she disappears from sight behind a classroom door and I finally let myself release the breath I’d been holding since her last words. Smooth moves Max, that’ll get the girl…corner her, and then insult her. Well, at least I know she likes me…or did like me before that little stunt I pulled. What was I thinking?

“Max?” Startled, I look up to see Isabel’s concerned eyes gazing back at me. One look around I also notice Alex standing a few feet away ready to give us privacy if asked. “Max, are you okay? Where’s Liz?” She asks, looking around expecting to see the other girl pop up at any moment.

“She…uh…left.”

“Oh no. Max please. Tell me that you two didn’t argue again.” At my silence she rolls her eyes and sighs heavily. “What am I going to do with you?” She asks linking her arm through mine and pulling me to where Alex waits. “Alex, do you mind if Max comes with us?”

“Uh…uh sure, but what happened to Liz? I mean she was supposed to show you around wasn’t she?” He asks confused, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“It’s a long story…”

“Well…why don’t you tell us while Alex shows us around?” Isabel says releasing her hold on my arm and moving to take Alex’s once again proffered one. Brightening immediately, Alex turns to regard me with a smile.

“Yeah Max, it can’t be that long. You didn’t piss her off again did you?” I must’ve looked surprised that he knew because he just laughed telling me that Isabel had told him all about Liz’s and mine first encounter. “So did you?” He continues. “You know, piss her off again?” Nodding silently, he laughs again and uses his free arm to pat me on the shoulder. “Don’t worry Max, she’ll get over it. I promise. If she can get over half the stuff Michael and Kyle pull all the time, she’ll get over it.”

“I don’t know Alex, she seemed pretty angry.” Heh. I have to laugh at my choice of words. Angry is an understatement. She was more along the lines of livid, irate, enraged…choose your SAT word.

“Well, what’d you do to this time? She can’t still be angry about her phone, can she?” Isabel curiously queries as she leans forward around Alex to look at me.

“I know she was planning to go get a new cell phone today after school so it can’t be that…her mom even gave her money to buy a new one.” Alex whispers more to himself than us, concentrating hard on the floor.

“No, she wasn’t really mad about the cell phone. Or at least that’s not the reason she’s mad at me this time…” My words pull Alex out of his trance and he looks at me inquisitively waiting for me to continue. When I don’t right away he prods me on.

“Well, what’d you do?” Swallowing hard and averting my eyes to the now interesting wall behind them I answer.

“I kissed her.”

************************************************************************ [Liz POV]

“Stupid, smug, little-,” I mutter heatedly under my breath.

“Stupid, smug, little who?” Serena asks smiling as I take my seat beside her for AP biology. Hold up. There’s something off about her smile…almost as if she knows something- nah how could she? Come on Liz…you’re just being paranoid.

“No one…just this guy that I had to show around the school.”

“You mean that girl’s brother? What was his name? Max?” She asks sliding the notes for today’s lab over to me to copy down.

“Yeah.”

“And…?”

“And what? I don’t know what you want me to say.” I tell her shortly pulling out my notebook to copy the procedure.

“I don’t know, how about why you think he’s a stupid, smug, little…whatever you were going to say.”

“Just forget it, it’s not important.”

“Oh come on; just tell me…I wanna know. Please…” She asks putting on her best ‘tell me yes or I’m going to walk around telling people you still cuddle with your stuffed pig Mr. Oinkers’ face. If she thinks that’s going to work on me then she’s got another thing coming. She’s not giving up. Crap. I have to tell her something…

“Fine; he was really rude and just full of himself.” There. That’s the truth. Sure it’s not the whole truth…

“But you said he was smug, what was he smug about?”

“Look, it’s not important. Just drop it!” I whisper loudly glancing in the direction of the teacher to make sure she hasn’t heard us.

“Fine; fine but you’re going to tell me one way or another…” She grumbles, sullenly turning back to focus on the lab and the lesson our teacher is giving. Huh. Nice try Serena like I’m going to fall for your little guilt trip…besides it’s not like there’s anything really to tell. I’m with Jay now. Besides it wasn’t even that good of a kiss anyways…

Whatever you need to tell yourself…

Oh great. Not you again.

I thought we went over this. I’m you. Besides I didn’t tell you
to kiss Max.

Oh come on! You were practically cheering me on! Telling me I thought Max was cute and making me admit it.

Well, didn’t you?!

That doesn’t matter! It’s still all your fault!

It is not! I’m your conscience. I was just making sure you were being honest.

Honest?!

Yes honest! And what were you thinking kissing Max when you are clearly going out with Jay? Silence. Hello? Am I talking to no one here? And while we’re on the subject of being honest…you did like that kiss.

What are you talking about?! I did not!

Oh yeah?

Yeah!

Then why’d you kiss him back? Silence. Yeah. That’s what I thought…
[Max POV]

“You…w-what?!” Isabel asks gaping at me. Alex’s mouth is just working up and down no sound is coming out.

“I kissed her.” I tell them again. Isabel recovers from her stupor first.

“I heard that part. The part I’m stuck on is what were you thinking?! She’s going out with someone Max.”

“Let me guess, his name is Jay.” I reply a little bitterly.

“Y-yeah. How did you know?” Alex asks finally getting over his shock at my admission.

“She may have mentioned him.” Yeah right Max. She practically told you they were serious.

“She may have mentioned him?! Max, are you listening to yourself? Why aren’t you taking this more seriously?” Isabel asks incredulously moving to look me in the eyes.

“Because,” I answer staring back into her eyes then moving to look at Alex, “she kissed me back.”

Okay guys that's it for today! I'll try to be back before Friday with another part. If not, I'll post when I get back from Utah on Monday. Sorry there's no new part yet for '1 Girl, 5 Guys, and a Basement' yet, but hopefully soon there will be. Okay, now that I've down my job... put your hands to work and feedback or I will sick my bloodthirsty penguins on you! Mwa ha ha ha ha! JK :lol:

See you guys later!
~Sariah~
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 7 of '1 Girl, 5 Guys, and a Basement'

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey Guys :oops:
Sorry it's been so long...
My trip to Utah was so awesome and Homecoming was cool too. My dress is so o amazing! I don't have another chapter done yet but it's halfway there...My sister's supposed to have her baby sometime within the next two weeks and last night she was having false contractions so we've been kinda anxious lately. I do although, have another part of '1 girl, 5 Guys, and a basement... hopefully that suffices until I finish the next part. Anyways, here's part 7 of '1 Girl, 5 Guys, and a Basement.'

1 Girl, 5 Guys, And A Basement : Part 7

Last time:

Amy: Really?! Well what are we waiting for? Crack that baby open and let’s find out who the letters are for! (Rubbing her hands together greedily)

(Guys look at her like she’s crazy)

Amy: What?! She hasn’t told me either and I want to know!

(Guys open the medium-sized, leather-bound book. Hallelujah Chorus fills the room)

Jay: Where does that music come from?!

Erik: ‘Dear Diary, today was pretty normal. First, I got up and got ready for school…

Amy: What’s this?! Come on, get to the good stuff! (Yanks book from Erik and flips through it.) Ahhh! Here! (Hands the book back to Erik to read.)

Erik: Okay. (Clears throat.) ‘Dear Diary, Tonight I snuck out of the house as soon as my parents were sleeping. Good thing there’s a big tree outside my window…

(Sounds of the doorknob turning.)

Max: Hurry! She’s coming back! Hide the diary! (Guys look around frantically and finally Erik puts the diary in a pocket in his cape.)

Amy: Everyone, look like you’re doing something! Erik…hit Raoul!

Raoul: What?! Come on that’s just- (Hit in the head with Sariah’s feather pillow.) OWWW!!

(Door opens and in walks Sariah dragging Brandon)

Brandon: But it’s so shiny!!

Sariah: Brandon! Let go of the handle and get in HERE! (Sariah yanks one more time and both fall back into the room which is now covered in feathers. Sariah jumps up and gawks at her room.) What did you guys do to my room?! Why is it covered in feathers?!

Amy: Yeah guys! It isn’t very often that she cleans her room and the one time she does you mess it up! (Sariah glares at Amy to which Amy laughs nervously) Umm…I mean…

Sariah: Look, if someone doesn’t tell me what going on here…

Raoul: Erik hit me with your pillow! (He shouts sullenly crossing his arms and pouting.)

Sariah: Jeez! I leave the room for five flippin’ minutes and chaos ensues! Amy! You were supposed to watch them!

Amy: I’m sorry, I turned my back for one second and they just went crazy.

Sariah: (Glares at guys) Well, I know- hey, where’s Jay?

(Guys all look around genuinely confused as to where he could be)

Max: I don’t know…he was here a second ago… (Raoul looks in the closet) Well, he’s bleeding right? Can’t we just follow the drops of blood?

Brandon: Oooh! It’ll be just like Hansel and Gretel! (everyone gives him weird looks)

Amy: I don’t know what messed up version of Hansel and Gretel you read…(Brandon ignores them and begins humming to himself while skipping and pretending to drop bread crumbs.)

Erik: O-kay… (Shrill scream heard from the bathroom) Or we could just follow the screaming…

(Everyone rushes to the bathroom to see Jay standing on the toilet screaming in fear)

Sariah: Jay! Stop screaming! What’s wrong? ( Jay points to the corner and then continues screaming. Everyone looks to see what he’s screaming at) What is- (Screams loudly and jumps on to the toilet with Jay) Ahhh! Kill it! Kill it!

Amy: Sariah, it’s just a spider. It’s not gonna hurt you. Jeez, it’s probably more scared of you than you are of it. And Jay, what are you a man or a mouse?

Jay: It depends, which one is scared of the spider?

Amy: Oh my- you guys are pitiful.

Sariah: Amy, that spider’s huge! Besides you didn’t see the way it was leering at me with its beady little eyes! It’s planning my death, I know it!

Amy: Sariah, get down from that toilet!

Sariah: No! not until someone kills the spider!

Amy: Max.

Max: What?

Amy: You heard the woman. Kill the spider.

Max: Yeah, yeah. (Walks over and squashes the spider.)

Amy: There. Now will you two get down from there, you’re acting like morons. (Both look around and then step down from the toilet.)

Sariah: Thanks Max, you’re my hero. (Walks over to him and kisses him on the cheek.)

Jay: Hey! Why does he get a kiss? I could’ve killed that spider too!

Amy: (Scoffs) Yeah, right.

Jay: Does this mean he’s the one you’ve been writing those love notes to?!

Sariah: What? Oh yeah, that reminds me…WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING SNEEKING AROUND IN MY ROOM?!

Erik: Oh great Jay! Just remind her that she’s mad at us why don’t you?

Jay: Heh heh…oops.

Sariah: Yeah, oops is right. I already told you I wasn’t going to tell you who they were for.

Jay: Oh come on, please…

Sariah: No! Now go back down to the basement before I revoke your guy’s desert privileges! (Guys all rush towards the door. Clears throat.) Um…guys?

(Guys all stop and slowly turn around)

Erik: Crap. I knew it was too good to be true.

Sariah: I think you still have something that belongs to me…(Folds her arms across her chest and looks expectantly at the guys) Well…

Jay: How could she know?!

Sariah: What? Did you think that I wouldn’t figure out that it was missing?

Max: Well, we hoped you wouldn’t.

Sariah: Yeah, well I did, so fork over my Spice Girls CD.

Erik: Spice Girls CD?

Sariah: Yeah, so give it back!

Max: Okay. (Guys all look to see Raoul clutching the CD protectively.) You heard her Raoul. Give the CD back.

Raoul: But…but no!

Jay: Raoul, just give it back to her!

Raoul: Fine. (Stomps over to Sariah and gives the CD back.) Here!

Sariah: (Looks over the CD case) Okay, now go back to the basement. Lunch will be ready in an hour.

(Guys leave the room quickly)

Erik: Wow, that was close; she almost caught us.

Max: Yeah, do you still have the diary?

Erik: Yep. Right here. (Pulls the book from the pocket in his cape.)

Jay: Good.

(Whimpering heard from behind them)

Erik: Come on fop, suck it up!

Raoul: No…more…girl power!

Brandon: Come on Raoul, it’ll be okay…Hey, Raoul, who’s your favorite Spice girl anyways?

Raoul: Scary spice.

(This gets everyone else’s attention.)

Erik: What? Why Scary Spice?!

Raoul: I don’t know, I guess it’s because she reminds me of Christine…

Max: What?! How does Scary Spice remind you of Christine?!

Raoul: You’ve obviously never seen her during that time of month.

Jay: She can’t be that bad…

Erik: No…the fop’s got a point…

Ominous Voice: What’s going to happen next? Will Sariah’s diary reveal who the love notes are for? Will Sariah find out they have her diary? Will she find out Amy was in on it? Does Christine really remind Raoul of scary spice when it is that time of month? Find out next time on ‘1 Girl, 5 Guys, and a Basment. Duh Duh Duh.
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by stardreamer323 »

Man guys, I'm sorry it's taking me so long...here's a preview of ch. 7...

Chapter 7: Crazy, I Was Crazy Once…

[Liz POV]

“Liz? Liz, what are you doing hiding in the bushes?” Kyle asks taking a bite out of his sandwich and staring at me where I sit perched behind the shrubs in the quad.

“I uh…. I dropped my uh…ring.” I whisper lamely fumbling around in the dirt for a ring that isn’t there.

“Liz, why are you whispering?”

“Shhhhhh!” I whisper harshly yanking him down by his shirt into the bushes next to me. “Fine! Fine. I’m spying on Max.” I admit immediately looking back to where Max is seated with Alex, Isabel, Michael, and Maria.

“What?! Why are you spying on Max?”

“That’s not important. Do you have any binoculars on you?” I question grabbing his backpack and rifling through it.

“Do I have any…Liz you’re crazy!” He shouts yanking his backpack from my grasp. “Besides they’re like thirty feet away!”

“Shhhhh! Do you want to get us caught?!”

“Get us caught?! You’re the one spying on Max…which why are you doing this again?”

“I’m plotting his downfall.” I say letting the evil grin slip onto my face. He’s going to pay for what he did. Mwa ha ha ha ha.

“Uh Liz? Are you okay? You’re kind of starting to scare me.” Kyle says scooting away from me.

“You’re going down Max.” I continue, ignoring Kyle’s remark, and turn once more to look at my prey; though I don’t get the chance because my vision is blocked by a mass of sickeningly blonde curls.

see ya guys later!

~Sariah~
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Ch. 7 up

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey guys! Guess what? I finally finished chapter 7! :D Yay! Also, my sister had her baby...a healthy little boy. And it's cool b/c they have a daughter named Isabel and the new baby's name is sean alexander but they're gonna call him Alex. Isn't that cute? :) SO... Sorry it took so long for me to update but hopefully you guys can forgive me :oops:

Special Thanks to:

RASaero611
Lizza
Behrsgirl1230
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257
frenchkiss70
Timelord31
Emz80m
Michelle in Yonkers:Sorry, I know I said I'd post it last week but I got so busy! :oops:

And a very special thanks to my beta:To_Kiss_A_Frog who is so awesome!

And now without further ado...chapter 7 :D

Chapter 7: Crazy, I Was Crazy Once…

[Liz POV]

The bell rings signaling the end of AP Biology and I am just glad to get out from under Serena’s piercing gaze. All period she gave me questioning and sometimes calculating looks, trying to figure out in her mind all the possible situations that could’ve happened between Max and me. Grabbing my backpack I head to the door attempting to make a quick exit.

“Liz!” Oh, I was so close! “Liz, wait for me.” Serena calls out picking up her bag and running to catch up. We walk in silence for a few moments and I wait for her to ask the question I know she wants to ask. I don’t have to wait long though because a minute later… “So…Liz, you ready to tell me what really happened between you and Maxie boy that has your panties in such a twist?”

“Serena, I already told you there’s nothing to tell; will you just quit it?”

“Okay, okay. I’ll stop. If you say nothing else happened then…I believe you.” Finally. “Only if you answer one more question…” Oh great, what now? “Was he cute? And is he single?” She asks waggling her eyebrows up and down.

“Serena, that’s two questions…” I tell her hoping to avoid answering the question. No such luck though.

“Okay, if you answer two more questions.” She corrects rolling her eyes. She asks those questions as if they’re the easiest to answer in the world but knowing my cousin, I know any answers I give her she’ll add to her earlier ideas of what happened. I feel relief wash over me though when I hear the bell ring again. Saved by the bell…literally.

“Sorry Serena, I gotta go or I’m gonna be late.” I shout over my shoulder as I run to my Pre-calculus class. Never have I been so excited to go to my Pre-cal class; and it’s not just because Jay’s in that class too. What?! It’s not!
[Isabel POV]

I can’t stand it! Ever since Max told me and Alex that he kissed Liz, an extremely awkward silence has fallen over us. I mean it doesn’t exactly help that Alex is one of Liz’s best friends; and it’s not like your normal awkward silence either. It’s like ‘when our mom finds a new recipe in Martha Stewart Living and we know it’s going to taste horrible but we don’t say anything because we don’t want to hurt her feelings’ kind of awkward. What was he thinking?! Ugghhhh! If someone doesn’t say something soon I’m going to go crazy!

“So…Max…um, what classes do you have?” Thank goodness for Alex. I give his arm a quick squeeze silently thanking him for trying to break the silence. He responds by covering my hand with his, never taking his eyes off of Max who is checking his pockets for his schedule. It’s so weird, Alex and I just met last night and already I feel so comfortable with him. And he’s not even-.

“Here it is.” Max says unfolding a piece of paper and successfully pulling me from my thoughts. “It says I have first period woodshop with Mr. Martinez…”

“Oh you’re in the same class as Michael and Maria.” This catches my attention.

“Maria takes woodshop?” I ask making sure I heard right. From what little I know of Maria from meeting her last night I wouldn’t have guessed that she took woodshop.

“Yeah.” Alex answers, a broad smile covering his face. “Michael and Kyle made the mistake of telling her there was no way she could pass that class. Needless to say she joined just to prove them wrong.”

“And how did that turn out?”

“Not well, really. Her napkin holder looked more like a shoe tree.” He tells us laughing. “Serena and I have suspicions though that she really joined the class to meet guys. Over half the football team is in that class.” If only they knew that Michael and Maria are dating…Wait.

“Serena? Is she your girlfriend?” I inquire trying to keep the jealousy out of my voice while at the same time trying to remove my hand out from under his. Why am I jealous? Of course he has a girlfriend. The bell rings and hundreds of students file out of doors around us. I try once again to get my hand away from his. What if someone sees us like this and tells his girlfriend? That’d be a really good way to start school here, wouldn’t it? I feel Alex’s hand tighten on my own but with a final yank I feel my hand slip out of his grasp. He turns to look at me in confusion; his confusion quickly turns to understanding and suddenly the sound of laughter rings through the hall. Several students turn to look at us, but soon lose interest and head to their next classes.

“SERENA, MY GIRLFRIEND?” And suddenly I feel like such a fool, the way he says it, speaking of how incredulous the idea of it really is. “No, Serena is one of my best friends. I’ve known her since we were in elementary school. She’s more like a sister, actually than anything. I think you guys will really hit it off.” Smiling at me he makes a grab for my hand and I allow him to take hold of it again, placing it once more around his arm. “Shall we continue the tour milady?” Blushing shyly I look up into his clear blue eyes and nod.

“We shall.” But the sound of someone clearing their throat quickly distracts us from our comfortable silence and I remember that we’re not alone. Alex doesn’t miss a beat though and I envy him for recovering so quickly.

“Anyways, I think you’ll really like that class though Max; Mr. Martinez is really cool. Who else do you have?”

“I have Carter for English, Thompson for psychology-.”

“Hey! You have psychology with me, Serena, Maria, and…and Liz.” Hello awkward silence. Welcome back.
[Liz POV]

Walking into the classroom I look around anxiously for Jay and soon find him…sitting next to a girl, talking and laughing. Come on Liz, it’s probably not what you think. He told you last night that he wanted to go out with you again. Or at least that’s what I was telling myself before I see said girl break out into laughter and playfully hit him on the shoulder. Before I can stop myself I walk stiffly over to where they’re sitting.

“Hey Jay.”

Hey Jay? Is that the best you can do?

You again? Leave me alone, I’m busy.

Busy what? Embarrassing yourself? It’s obvious he’s busy too. You know, talking to another girl?

Shut up.

Okay, but just remember, I told you.

“Oh…hey, Liz.” Jay says not even turning around to look at me. What? Did he just totally ignore me? “So, Christina-”

“Jay, can I talk to you for a minute?” I interrupt quickly as I notice him moving to touch ‘Christina’s’ hand. What’s going on?

“Sure.” His hand stops it’s progression but he makes no move and still won’t look at me when he answers.

“Alone.” I choke out the word and bite back the tears I feel stinging the back of my eyes. Finally glancing in my direction he stands up and moves to follow me, but not before turning to tell Christina he’d be back. Already our little scene has gotten the full attention of the class and so hoping for a little semblance of privacy I lead him to a deserted corner of the classroom.

“What’s going on Jay? Last night you said that you-I mean…I…I…I thought you liked me.” I finally stutter out. Jeez, he must think I’m such a moron.

“Yeah, I did. I guess I made the mistake of thinking you liked me back when obviously that wasn’t true.” He turns to leave and I reach out and grab his arm to stop him from leaving.

“Wait, what are you talking about? I’ve wanted last night to happen for as long as I can remember.” I bite out angrily. Realizing what I’ve just admitted I feel my cheeks redden. Recovering, I continue. “Besides, you’re the one getting all friendly with Christina over there.” I gesture in her direction. At least the girl has the decency to look embarrassed and a little guilty.

“Well, isn’t this interesting?” He continues. “You know, I don’t see why you’re so angry Liz. You know I thought I knew you. I never took you for a liar or a hypocrite, but I was wrong. I guess I never really knew you.”

“What are you talking about?!” I whisper hurt. Then an idea comes to my mind. Tess. “Did your sister tell you something about me? Because whatever it was it wasn’t true! Your sister hates me-” He interrupts me with bitter laughter.

“Liz, Tess tells me a lot of things about you. A lot of them bad, but I never believed her. I believed in you and what I thought I knew about you, but maybe I should’ve listened to her.” I move my mouth to say something, but he continues. “It wasn’t something Tess said, Liz.”

“Then what happened? Why are you acting like this? I do care about you!”

“Well maybe I’d be more inclined to believe you if I hadn’t of seen you kissing that guy out in the hallway. Were you thinking about how much you cared about me when you were kissing him?”

I’m so taken off guard by his statement that all I can stutter out is, “Y-you saw that?” Too late I realize how guilty that makes me sound, but before I can defend myself he answers my question.

“Yes I saw it.” He stiffly replies. Then for the first time during our conversation I see his face soften into a sad smile. “I guess you’re not who I thought you were.” Ms. Hardy conveniently picks this time to storm through the door making excuses about being a few minutes late. Jay turns around and heads to a desk on the other side of the classroom. In some sickeningly pathetic way I’m just glad he can’t continue ‘talking’ to Christina; and with that little consolation I head for a seat near the back. He doesn’t look at me for the entire period and as soon as the bell rings for lunch he’s out the door.
[Lunch] [Liz’s POV]

“Liz? Liz, what are you doing hiding in the bushes?” Kyle asks, taking a bite out of his sandwich and staring at me where I sit perched behind the shrubs in the quad.

“I uh…. I dropped my uh…ring.” I whisper lamely fumbling around in the dirt for a ring that isn’t there.

“Liz, why are you whispering?”

“Shhhhhh!” I whisper, harshly yanking him down by his shirt into the bushes next to me. “Fine! Fine. I’m spying on Max.” I admit immediately looking back to where Max is seated with Alex, Isabel, Michael, and Maria.

“What?! Why are you spying on Max?”

“That’s not important. Do you have any binoculars on you?” I question grabbing his backpack and rifling through it.

“Do I have any…Liz you’re crazy!” He shouts yanking his backpack from my grasp. “Besides they’re like thirty feet away!”

“Shhhhh! Do you want to get us caught?!”

“Get us caught?! You’re the one spying on Max…wait, why are you doing this again?”

“I’m plotting his downfall.” I say letting the evil grin slip onto my face. He’s going to pay for what he did. Okay I know this is totally irrational, but it’s his fault that Jay won’t talk to me, let alone look at me. I think I’ve earned the right to be a little irrational. Either way, Max is going down. Mwa ha ha ha ha.

“Uh Liz? Are you okay? You’re kind of starting to scare me.” Kyle says scooting away from me.

“You’re going down Max.” I continue, ignoring Kyle’s remark, and turn once more to look at my prey; though I don’t get the chance because my vision is blocked by a mass of sickeningly blonde curls.

“Well, well, well; what have we here?”

“Go away Tess.” I grind out, angrily glaring at her. If anything her smile only gets wider as her lackeys snicker from their place behind her.

“My, my; so touchy Liz. You know, I always knew you weren’t good enough for my brother, but he wouldn’t listen to me. Thank goodness he finally sees you for the skank you really are.” She sneers. Man I want to claw her face off right now. She has no idea what she’s talking about.

“Hmmm…Tess, that’s so weird!” Kyle exclaims looking totally confused.

“What is?”

“Well, you’re calling Liz a skank, but she’s nothing like you!” Kyle continues still pretending to be genuinely confused. Tess glares at him and then continues her little ‘I hate Liz’ tirade.

“No wonder my brother dumped you Liz, here you are the day after your first date and already you have your tongue down some other guy’s throat and now here you are hiding in the bushes with another guy…” She trails off looking like a cat that just caught a mouse. Turning her attention to Kyle she continues, “You know Kyle, if I were you I’d stay away from her. She might try and jump you too.”

“Hmmm…” Kyle says pretending to think something over. “Yeah, still a lot better than being jumped by an evil, blonde, conniving, skank. Uh and in case you didn’t know…that’s you.” He says smiling, proud of his insult.

“Whatever.” She grates out angrily in her annoying voice. Then she turns her attention back to me. “Look, just stay away from my brother.” She says in what she thinks, I guess, is supposed to a serious voice, but just as she says this one of her lackeys bumps into her from behind spilling diet coke all over her. She runs off screaming and I don’t think Kyle and I have laughed so hard in our lives and for the first time this morning I start to feel better.

*5 Minutes Later*

“Liz? Kyle? What the heck are you two doing laughing in the bushes?” When neither of us can stop laughing long enough to answer her she continues. “Oh my gosh. Are you guys getting high?” This only causes Kyle and me to laugh harder. “Seriously are you?”

“No Serena, we’re not getting high.” I answer through giggles.

“Then what are you two doing in the bushes?” She asks confused. “You guys aren’t back together are you?!” She asks, a gasp ripping from her throat. Kyle immediately sobers at her comment.

“No! I mean uh…no, Liz and I are not getting back together.” He assures her, scooting a little further away from me to emphasize his point.

“Oh. Well, then what are you two doing?”

“Uh, spying on Max-.” “Looking for my ring!” Kyle and I answer at the same time. Serena raises an eyebrow and stares at us expectantly.

“I mean, spying on Max!” “Looking for Liz’s ring!”

“So which is it? Are you spying on Max or are you looking for Liz’s ring?” Once again, when neither of us answers her question she continues. “So, why are you guys spying on Max?” She asks, interested, crouching down next to us in the bushes.

“Liz is plotting his downfall.” Kyle answers automatically.

“Kyle!” I yelp out smacking him on the arm. I can’t believe he told her!

“That seems kind of drastic to me considering you only told me he was rude and full of himself Liz. Why would you be plotting his downfall? Did something else happen?” Serena questions me turning her head to look at me. I quickly try to avoid her gaze and turn to look at Kyle. Suddenly a look of realization comes over Kyle’s face and he turns to me in shock. I don’t like where this is going…

“HOLY CRAP! That guy! That guy that Tess said you kissed this morning! That was Max wasn’t it?! You kissed Max and Jay broke up with you because he found out!” He shouts out in disbelief.

“YOU KISSED MAX?!” Serena shouts, incredulously looking back and forth between me and the table we’d been staring at.

“What’s this world coming to? First Barbie and Ken and now you and Jay! It’s just not fair!” Although Serena ignores Kyle’s words as she continues to stare at me.

“You kissed Max?!”

“Why God? Why?” Kyle yells out dramatically sobbing into his hands.

“You KISSED Max?!

“Jeez Serena, calm down. Besides I didn’t kiss Max.”

“But then who-”

“He kissed me.”

Alrighty guys. That's it for today. :D Hope you liked the chapter and I hope everyone has a great week! I unfortunatel have not started my week out well though b/c I am getting a cold and it's not fun! :(
~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>
stardreamer323
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by stardreamer323 »

Hey guys! :D :D :D I am back with chapter 8a! It's kinda short but chapter 8b will hopefully make up for it because I'm going to make it long.Thank you to all you feedbackers!

Special thanks to:

Behrsgirl1230: My sister did like Roswell, but the reason she named them Alex and Isabel is because her favorite movie is 'Fools Rush In' and their names were Alex and Isabel.
Emz80m
frenchkiss70
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257
Timelord31
Lizza

Are you guys still liking the story? Do you think I should continue? Anyways, here's chapter 8a...

Chapter 8: Prelude To A Plot

[Liz POV]

“Pfffft. Tell me my plan isn’t rational.” I scoff crossing my arms over my chest defiantly as I remain crouched in the bushes.

“Well Liz, it isn’t.”

“What are you talking about? My plan was perfectly rational!” I whisper harshly, turning back to glare at my cousin.

“Liz, waiting in the bushes until Max passes by and then jumping out and beating him up isn’t rational.” She tells me slowly patting my shoulder like a little kid.

“Oh and you think talking it out with him is rational?” I counter narrowing my eyes at her.

“Uh…Liz?” Kyle interjects.

“Cuz that is not an option!” I shout louder than I actually meant to, managing to attract the attention of several people. One look at the table where my new arch-nemesis sits though reassures me that they haven’t heard me as I see them break into laughter. “Need I remind you guys that I am now single because of him and Jay now wants nothing to do with me?” I say lowering my voice. At their silence I continue. “Besides, that’s not what I was going to do.”

“Really?” Serena asks raising her eyebrows in disbelief.

“Yes; really. Give me a little credit. I’ll have you know I was going to wait until Max walked by, Kyle and I would’ve jumped out, Kyle would’ve held him back, and then I would’ve beaten him up.” I smile satisfied with my plan. Although at my inclusion of Kyle in my plans Serena turns her glare on Kyle.

“You were apart of this crazy plan?!”

“W-what? Uh…I mean uh…” Kyle sputters out waving his arms out in front of him as if that would save him from either of our wraths if he didn’t answer correctly.

“You were going to help me, right Kyle. I mean you are on my side aren’t you?” I ask turning to face him as well.

“Well you see…the thing is…I…” Kyle looks back and forth between the two of us like a caged animal and tries to back up even further into the bushes.

“WELL?” Serena and I both question him at the same time.

“Uh…oh look at the time! It’s almost time for the pep rally. Gotta go!” He shouts pushing between us and breaking off into a run. Chicken.

“Oh crap! It really is almost time for the pep rally!” Serena shrieks grabbing my arm and yanking me out of the bushes towards the auditorium.

“OWWW! Serena slow down, I might need that arm someday!”

“Yeah well, we’ll worry about someday when it comes. Now get a move on!”

“Serena, really, slow down or we’re gonna-” *bam!*

“Owww!” I shout for the second time in the last two minutes and for the second time in the last twenty-four hours I find myself looking into a pair of amber eyes.

“Just couldn’t stay away from me, could you?” Jeez! He’s everywhere! Maybe he’s like a robot and there’s like thirty of them just running around with the sole purpose of annoying me. He smiles down at me where I’ve fallen down on my butt, but before I can offer any death threats, Serena once again yanks me up by my arm.

“Liz! We don’t have time to make goo goo eyes at anybody! Get a move on!” What the heck?! I know she didn’t just say that.

“Serena! I was NOT, I repeat NOT making goo goo eyes at him!” I yell in vain because I know that no matter what I say she won’t listen to me. And the last thing I hear is Max’s laughter as Serena hauls me off to the auditorium.

~Sariah~

<center>Image</center>