OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thanette
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Thanette »

Alien Mom
Do you happen to remember seeing flowers from "Cherie's Friends at Fan Forum"?
I ordered them but I don't think they ever arrived.
Loretta
All things are possible to one who believes.
cherisis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Flowers for Cherie

Post by cherisis »

We recieved so many flowers for Cherie. I know that we received a box of special cookies and flowers from fan forum. Our special thanks to all of you. Beau and Tammy will be going through the cards and sending out thank yous. I wish I could remember more of what was sent, but it was a very trying time for all of us. We had a wonderful celebration for her. Carla, her daughter, and I read some of her poems. My granddaughter (age 10) sang Amazing Grace to start and her niece Sophia (age 17) sang a Miriah Carrey song "In The Rain" at the ending. Cherie would have really liked the fact that we forgot to get tissues, so we passed out rolls of toilet paper!!!!!
I would love to hear from all of you. Please e-mail me at
gwaller1@houston.rr.com
jero
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Flowers for Cherie

Post by jero »

cherisis wrote:Cherie would have really liked the fact that we forgot to get tissues, so we passed out rolls of toilet paper!!!!!
That's so cool... At least it wasn't the other way around!

Thanette called me at work this afternoon and said she found out the flowers were delivered. :) So no need for anyone to rack their brain over it.

Later,
jero

Roswellian, and PROUD of it!

VOTE for Roswell!
alienmom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by alienmom »

the huge basket of cookies were from the crew at Land of Dreams where cherie loved to hang out in chat (aka chat whores).

a large bouquet of cala lillies were from roswell fanatics (here)

sorry, thanette, i don't know.

and yes, i sat with a roll of TP on my knee throughout the memorial! LOL

*waves & hugs* hi myrle, it's me, michelle!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I am never far away. To find me, follow your heart." cherie
mom's cookie jar
IAmLongTimeFan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by IAmLongTimeFan »

Oh, the toilet paper is priceless. :lol: You're so right, she would love that! Thanks for dropping by, Merle. It helps those of us who couldn't attend. *hug* I so loved your sis. I'm comforted that our last words to each other just two weeks ago were I love you. She was a dear.

She sent me this back in February.

*wave* Hi, Michelle!
<center>
Image</center>
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

I just now realized that she had passed on...

I am deeply sorry for the loss that her family, friends, and this community are going through.

However, I can't help but feel how blessed we were to be able to share what little time we had with her.

Rest In Peace.

Ashley
Blue*Soul
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Blue*Soul »

Glad that the memorial went well. I never knew Cherie either, but just from what she wrote in response to my stories & these photos. She seems like a bundle of laughs!

Blue*Soul
cherisis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cherisis »

I thought there was an empty place in my heart where Cherie once dwelled, only to discover that it was filled with sparkling "laugh till you cry" memories. Where I thought there was sadness, I find love and comfort in the words of her friends, and the ones who shared her life on this forum. I find myself smiling because of the love she gave openly and freely from a heart that was bursting with love. And in her poems and stories I have discovered a link to always warm me when I need her! [/img]
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

I have the transcript for the memorial chat we had for Cherie at LOD last Tuesday. If anyone wants it, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. :)
cherisis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cherisis »

Angel
I have tried to PM you, don't know if I did it right. I would love to have a copy of the Chat . Please send to my e-mail.
gwaller1@houston.rr.com

Thanks so very much