Switching Places (FF, M/M, Child,) COMPLETE

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Switching Places (FF, M/M, Child,) COMPLETE

Post by Redrumm »

Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or any of the characters from the show. I only own the story and any person, place, or thing that is new.

Pairings: All CC, but the story mainly focuses on M/M.

Rating: Child, anyone can read it.

Summary: Michael and Maria accidentally go to the future and someone from the future takes their places in the past. If that wasn't bad enough now there's trouble in the past. Who are The Following and what do they want with the Pod Squad?

Author's note: Tess and Max never got together. She left and Ava took her place. Alex is alive. And the story takes place senior year before the FBI comes into the picture.

Switching Places

Chapter 1 - The Crystal

A girl with long blond hair is driving down the highway in a car with a boy who has spiky hair. "Do you think we’re being followed?" the girl asks, worried that they might be.

"No. I don't think anyone saw us" he said. He hoped anyway. He was probably as scared as she was that they had been seen, but he wasn't about to let her know that. She would just freak out and that was the last thing he needed.

"Maria, just calm down everything is fine. No one saw us. No one is following us. We're both ok, so just relax. Alright?"

"Alright, Michael. It's just I keep thinking it was way to easy. I mean how is it we were able to go into the place, get the crystal, and leave without any trouble from anyone?"

"We're just that good I guess."

"Good! That was down right lucky!"

"I can’t believe you're upset because it was easy to steal the thing!"

"I'm not upset, just nervous." she replied.

"Well, don't be, everything is fine, nothing happened, we got what we came for, now just be happy."

"Okay, okay. I'm happy."

"Good." he said smileing because he had won the small argument.

"Oh, shut up, Spaceboy." Maria said knowing exactly why he was smiling. Michael just rolled his eyes at the nickname his girlfriend had given him three years ago. At this Maria started laughing. She knew he didn't like the name, but that just made her laugh more.

After a little while Michael finally asked the question that had been on his mind since they stole the crystal. "So Maria, do you want to see what the crystal does?"

"I don't know, Michael, shouldn't we wait and talk to the others about it first?"

"What, why? You know what they will say, 'Lets wait until we know more about it.'"

"Well that makes perfect sense, Michael. We should wait until we know more."

"Come on Ria, you know you’re just as curious as I am to find out what it does. You can't deny it."

"I'm not denying it. I’m just saying that w..." she was cut off by Michael suddenly pulling the car onto the side of the road and turning to look directly at her.

"[We] were the ones who found out about it, we were the ones who figured out where it was, and we were the ones who snuck into that building in the middle of the night and stole it. It's been our secret project for the passed three months now. Don't you think it's only fair that we are the ones who get the first look at what it does?"

"Well, when you put it that way it does kind of seem fair. I mean everyone else thought we were crazy when we told them about the vision we had about it."

"Exactly,’ Michael said, excited that she seemed to be agreeing with him, ‘They didn't want to have anything to do with it. So, what do you say?"

"I say.....okay, why not, lets do it." Maria said, finally convinced. Michael just smiled knowing he had won yet another argument.

Two hours later they were making their way up to the Pod Chamber entrance. Once inside they went to the granolith. "Okay so where do you suppose it goes?" he said.

"How should I know I'm not an alien?"

"Well could you at least help me try and figure it out instead of just standing around."

"Well all you had to do was ask. You didn't have to be all rude about it."

"Sorry, I just really want to figure out what this does I have a feeling it is really important."

"How about over here?" Maria said pointing to a spot on the granolith. Michael walked over to Maria to see what she was pointing at.

"You know it does look like it might fit in there."

"Well, there is only one way to find out."

"Maria you better hold on to something since we don't know what could happen." Maria nodded and quickly grabbed hold of Michael, who was holding onto the granolith.

When he placed the crystal in the hole a bright light filled the room. Maria's death grip on Michael’s arm tightened. A strong wind came rushing throughout the chamber. Michael pulled Maria closer to try and shield her from the wind and from blowing away. Then just as suddenly as it had started it stopped.

Maria's face was buried in Michael’s chest. He had one arm protectively around her, while the other still held tight to the granolith. Michael opened his eyes to see what had happened, but everything was exactly the same as it was before he put the crystal in. The only difference was that they were now sitting on the floor instead of standing.

"It's okay. It's all over now." he said to calm her down. Maria looked up and noticed the same thing as Michael. Nothing had changed.

Michael helped her up and they both started walking around the room. "So let me see if I have this right. There was that bright light and all that wind for nothing. Do all aliens make stupid things like this?"

"I resent that."

"Sorry, this just doesn’t make any sense to me. All that for nothing. Zilch, nada."

"I get the point."

"Are you sure ‘cause I can go on?" Michael just gave her a look and said, "Come on, let's go. There's no reason why we should stay here if nothing happened."

"Okay."

As they left the chamber neither of them noticed a bag in the corner of the room.
Last edited by Redrumm on Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:18 am, edited 34 times in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

AN: Chapter two is really short so I posted chapter three as well. I know this is confusing, but bear with me it will make since soon.

Chapter 2 - Unconscious

A spiky haired boy and a girl with blond hair where lying on the floor in the granolith chamber. Well, actually she was lying on the floor, he was clinging to the granolith. They had both been in the chamber when out of no where a bright light filled the room, then a strong wind came rushing throughout the chamber.

When the light started they were both shocked, but once the wind started they both began screaming for the other. Since the boy was standing by the granolith he grabbed on to it. The girl having been at the entrance when it all started, she had nothing to grab hold of and was tossed around the room until the wind suddenly stopped. Because of the sudden stop she was sent flying right into a wall, where she hit her head and fell to the floor.

And that was how she looked when he first saw her after everything was over, bloody and unconscious on the floor. He was scared to say the least. He couldn't lose her. She meant too much to him. Sure they fought a lot, but he still loved her. He tried calling her name but she didn't respond. He had to get her healed and fast. Gently he picked her up and carried her out of the chamber. He had to get her to the Evans' house. If he could just get her there than everything would be okay. She would be fine and could yell at him for making her go to the Pod Chamber in the first place. He didn't care if she was angry with him, she just had to be okay.
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Thank you RhondaAnn and ultimatepickupline for your reviews. I really appreciate them. Please keep them comming. :D

Chapter 3 - The Twilight Zone

As soon as Michael and Maria got outside they knew something was wrong. The first and most obvious change was that when they got to the chamber it was night time and now it looked as if it were in the middle of the day. The other thing was that Maria's Jetta, which is what they came in, was replaced with a different car that neither of them had seen before.

"What in the world?" said a very confused Maria. "What happened? Why is it daytime, where we in there that long? Where did that car come from? And where is my car for that matter?"

"I would have to say that the 'stupid alien thing that didn't do anything' did something." said Michael, mocking her earlier statement, which received a glare from Maria.

"We should probably see if something happened." he said.

"Go? Go where?"

"I don't know I just figured, since we are obviously still in Roswell, the first place to go would be the Crashdown. Maybe the guys will be there."

"They are going to be so mad we didn't consult them first."

"Well, they might be able to help us find out what happened."

"Alright, but I'm telling them you made me do it."

"Whatever. Let's just go."

"I hope you are not suggesting we take that car? Because it does not belong to us and we have no idea whose it is." stated Maria.

"If you have a better idea on how to get into town I would like to hear it. And since when do you have aproblem stealing? It didn't bother you to take the crystal." said Michael smugly.

"First off, I did have a problem takeing the crystal, but I knew it was some alien thing. This is completely different, we would be stealing from an innocent person."

"Look, how about this when we get into town we'll get someone to let us borrow their car and then we can bring this thing back. Does that sound okay?"

"I guess I can deal with that. I just have one other question, how are you going to start it? Cause I doubt you have the keys." said Maria.

"See this is when being an alien comes in handy." Michael stated proudly.

As they drove into town both Michael and Maria noticed the town had changed a lot. Luckly, the Crashdown was still there and looked exactly the same. They walked into the Crashdown hoping their friends would be there and they weren't in the Twilight Zone or something. Little did they know what was about to happen.

As soon as they set down in a booth, Maria, started talking, "Michael, I'm really scared. What do you think that crystal did? Everything is different."

"Not everything is different the Crashdown is the same." Just then they saw Ava standing at their table with long brown hair and dressed as a waitress in the usual alien apron and antenna. Despite the fact that they were both completely confused they couldn't help but laugh at her.

"What's so funny?" she asked, while wondering why her friend had decided to lengthen her blond hair.

"What's so funny is you wearing that. You look so stupid." Michael said.

"Hey, shut up, Jerk!" both girls said equally offended. At this point Maria noticed Ava's hair and was about to ask why she decided to dye it, but Ava started speaking:

"I don't know why you both find this so funny all of the sudden."

"All of the sudden what are you talking about?" asked a confused Michael.

"What am I talking about? I've been working here and wearing this uniform pretty much all my life and all of the sudden you two think it's funny. That's what I'm talking about."

"Wait, what do you mean you've been working here all you life? You have never worked here before. And I should know, because I've worked here all my life." said Maria.

"What's up with your hair?" asked Michael, who had just noticed the change.

"What are you talking about, Beth, we've both worked here all our lives? And what do mean is something wrong with my hair?" she asked concerned.

"No, your hair looks fine." Maria said at the same time Michael asked, "Did you just call her, Beth?"

"Yeah, Zan, that's her name isn't it?"

"I think she's going crazy. She called me Beth and now she's calling you Zan." Maria said to Michael.

"Are you guys okay? You two are acting really strange." said the waitress. She was really starting to worry about her friends they just weren't themselves.

"Uh....I think we should go." said Michael as he quickly got up and pulled Maria out of the Crashdown with him.

"Maria I don't know what we did, but whatever it was didn't just change the town, it changed everything." said a very freaked out Michael.

"This isn't good. What are we going to do?" said an equally freaked Maria.
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Thanks for your review RhondaAnn. At least I know one person is reading this story. So this next chapter is dedicated to you. This chapter should answer one of your questions you'll have to wait for the answer to the other one.

Chapter 4 - Wake Up Call

Zan was to preoccupied worrying about Beth to realize what had happened when he came out of the chamber. He didn't even notice that the car was not Beth's. All he was thinking about was getting her to their friends.

By the time Zan got to the Evans' house the sun was starting to come up. He quickly got out of the car and went to the passengers side to get Beth. He then carried her up to the door and rung the bell. Even though he was in shock because of Beth's state, he was still with it enough to remember that just barging in would not be a good idea. That would just scare everyone and make them think a burglar or something had broke in and then who knows what they would do to him and Beth.

Max woke up startled and didn't know why, until he realized someone was ringing the door bell. All the way to the front door he was racking his brain trying to figure out who could be here this early in the morning and on a weekend when his parents were gone. He also hoped that the noise didn't wake his sister up; because dealing with Isabel in the morning was bad enough, but wake her up and you'd better watch out.

Needless to say, Max was more than shocked to see Michael at his front door so early in the morning and carrying a hurt Maria. "What happened? Was it a skin? The FBI? Was it a shape shifter?" asked a worried Max.

Zan didn't have time for twenty questions, he pushed passed Max and laid her down on the couch. "STOP TALKING AND HEAL HER EVANS!" shouted a very irritated Zan.

"Oh, right, sorry." said Max, who immediately started to heal her. When he was done and had made sure she was okay; he went to speak to his best friend in the other room and again asked, "What happened?"

"I don't know. We were in the granolith chamber and....." but he couldn't finish because he was cut of by Max.

"What were you two doing in there?"

"I was there and she came looking for me."

"Again I'm going to say, why were you there?"

"I went there to clear my head because......" again Zan couldn't finish his sentence because in walked Isabel, who was more than thrilled to be woken up.

"I don't know about you two, but some people like to do this thing called sleep!" said a very angry Isabel.

"What are you doing here?" Zan asked shocked to see her, and with blond hair no less!

"What am I doing here? I live here and unless something has changed in the last couple of hours, you don't! So why don't you just go home."

"That's real nice, Marie. You know what I don't even know why I was upset because we broke up." said Zan.

"Michael, are you feeling okay? You just called Iz, Marie, and said you two broke up! What happened to you and Maria?" asked a worried Max.

"Michael? Iz? Maria? What are you talking about Mi.....Oh no!" said Zan, as he realized what had happened to him and Beth, "But how? I didn't do it. And I know Beth didn't, she doesn't even know where the crystal is. So if we didn't do it, who did?" Max and Isabel just stared at him wondering what he was talking about.
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Because of all the wonderfull reviews I revieved. I decided to posted a new chapter sooner than planned. Thanks FaithfulAngel24, SweetnSpicy, Elizabeth Kivana (I know it's confusing but it won't be for much longer.), and RhondaAnn (I'm not going to confirm or deny your guess, but I'm glad I've got you thinking.)

Chapter 5 - Dinner and Arguments

Previously:

"Maria I don't know what we did, but whatever it was didn't just change the town, it changed everything." said a very freaked out Michael.

"This isn't good. What are we going to do?" said an equally freaked out Maria.

After a minute of thinking, Michael said, "Give me the crystal maybe I can get a flash or something."

"What?"

"I know it's a long shot, but it's the only thing I can think to do at the moment. So just give me the crystal." Michael said.

"I don't have it. You have it." Maria pointed out.

"You're joking right? Tell me you picked it up before we left!?"

"I'm not joking. I didn't get it, I thought you did."

"Well, I thought you got it." he said.

"So, does this mean we're going back to the Pod Chamber?" Maria asked, hoping the answer would be, no. She really didn't want to go all the way back there, plus, she was getting hungry.

"I guess so, but lets get something to eat first."

"Ok." said Maria, happy that they were both on the same page.

They decided it probably wouldn't be a good idea to eat at the Crashdown after the incident with Ava. So they ate Chinese instead. While they were eating, they discussed what could have gone wrong and how to possibly fix it.

"Look, Maria, people obviously think that we are someone else, Zan and Beth, I think it was. Anyway, lets just keep up the facade until we can figure out what happened and fix things. We don't want to draw any unwanted attention to ourselves. Ok?" said Michael.

"Ok."

Just as they left the restaurant, they saw Kyle walking up to them. He had a look of relief on his face. "I'm so glad to see you guys. Your help could really be used at the Crashdown, Beth. It's crazy down there. I was actually told to go home and eat! Can you believe that?" he said still in shock that he had been told to make his own meal.

"Sorry, she can't help. We've got stuff to do." said Michael.

"What kind of stuff?" he asked curiously, wondering what could be more important than helping out a friend.

"The 'none of your business' kind!" Michael said loudly, obviously irritated about being bothered.

"Well, excuse me. I didn't know that asking questions was against the law!" he said, equally irritated. He was shocked that Zan would act like that, Beth was the one with the short fuse not Zander.

Scarred a fight might break out, Maria quickly got between them. "Both of you just calm down and don't say a word. Now, you (She said to Kyle.) I'll help out at the Crashdown, so go and tell them I'm on my way. And you (She said to Michael) I always help out when I can." When it was just Maria and Michael again, he started to argue over what she had just said.

"I can't believe you're going to work when we have to try and find a way to fix everything!" he said completely shocked.

"Are you or are you not the one who just said two minutes ago to 'keep up the facade and not to draw any unwanted attention to ourselves' this is a perfect way to not draw attention. So I don't care what you say I'm going." she said, mad at him for being so stupid.

"What about the crystal?" he asked obviously trying to hold back his anger.

"It will still be there tomorrow. So if you will excuse me, I'm going to work." she said as she pushed passed him.

"I'll be at the chamber when you get your senses back and decide to help me." he said to her back as she walked away, his anger finally getting the better of him. Michael, then got into the car and began the drive back to the Pod Chamber.
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. I LOVE to get them, so please keep them comming.

SweetnSpicy - I'm glad you liked the chapter. Michael and Maria wouldn't be Michael and Maria if they didn't fight. (Thats part of tthe fun!)

RhondaAnn - Michael just said they should try and blend in so she thinks this is the best way to do it. She doesn't want something to happen that might make things worse then they already are. And she knows that he might not get a flash and they'll have to stay in "The Twilight Zone", so its best to go along just incase they have to stay. I hope that makes since to you. Thanks again for the review.

Chapter 6 - Lies and Half Truths

Previously:

"Michael, are you feeling okay? You just called Iz, Marie, and said you two broke up. What happened to you and Maria?" asked a worried Max.

"Michael? Iz? Maria? What are you talking about Mi...Oh no!' said Zan, as he realized what had happened to him and Beth.

"But how? I didn't do it. And I know Beth didn't, she doesn't even know where the crystal is. So if we didn't do it, who did?" Zan said as Max and Isabel just stared at him wondering what he was talking about.

"Michael....are you....okay?" Isabel asked slowly, wondering what could have happened to make him act so strange. At her words Zan realized that they had just heard all he had said and he knew they would have lots of questions. He just hoped he could come up with some believable answers. He was about to try and give some explanation to his behavior when a voice was heard from the living room.

"Zan?" Beth said wearily. Like a flash he was at her side with Max and Isabel right behind him.

"Could you guys give us a minute?" Zan quickly asked Max and Isabel, before Beth could say anything to arouse more suspicion.

"Okay, we'll just be in the other room." Max said and reluctantly led his sister out.

As soon as they were out of earshot Zan began to speak, "Beth, listen, I don't know how, but we've gone into the past."

"What!?" said the shocked girl.

"Shh! Keep your voice down, they could hear you."

"So, if we're in the past, than they are..." she said, trailing off as she realized who the other two were.

"Yes, and we don't want them to know who we are. Until we can get the crystal and go home, everyone has to believe you're Maria Deluca and I'm Michael Guerin." he stated.

"Okay." Just as she finished saying this Zan noticed the others were coming back.

"Here they come. Remember, you're Maria and I'm Michael." he whispered to her.

Once back in the living room and everyone had sat down, the questions started coming. "Could you tell me now why you two were in the granolith chamber?" Max asked, wondering if he'd ever get the answer to this question.

"Well, like I said before, I went there to think and Maria (He said pointing to Beth.) came to find me. Then out of no where a bright light filled the room, and a strong wind came rushing throughout the chamber." Beth, then continued with the story.

"When the light started we were both shocked, but once the wind started we started screaming for each other. Since Michael was standing by the granolith he grabbed on to it. And since I was at the entrance when it all started, I had nothing to grab hold of and was tossed around the room until the wind suddenly stopped. Because of the sudden stop I was sent flying right into a wall, where I hit my head."

"Oh, my gosh." was all Isabel could say, Max just stared.

"I next thing I remember is waking up here." finished Beth.

"I guess that leaves me to fill in the blanks. Well, the first thing I saw when it was all over was her bloody and unconscious lying on the floor. I tried calling her name but she didn't respond. I knew I had to get her healed and fast, so I gently picked Maria up and carried her out of the chamber. Then I brought her here and you started asking me tons of questions." Zan said all in one breath.

"We'll figure out what's wrong with the granolith later, right now I have a few more questions." said Max, speaking for the first time since the story began.

"What do you want to know?" Zan asked, knowing it was going to be about some of the things he had said earlier. He was shocked when Isabel spoke first and asked the last thing he was expecting.

"Why did you cut your hair, Maria? You said you preferred long hair and didn't want to go short again any time soon." If Zan was shocked at Isabel's question he was more than shocked with Beth's quick thinking.

"I didn't. I guess it's some after effect from whatever the granolith did. Do you think you could bring it back to the way I normally have it Is?" Zan couldn't believe what just happened. Normally, Beth was a terrible liar, but she answered the question without even batting an eye.

"Sure." Isabel said, completely believing Beth's lie. After Isabel changed Beth's hair to Maria's normal style. Max started asking the hard questions.

"Michael, why did you seem confused when I said yours, Isabel's and Maria's names before? Who is Beth? And why did Maria call out my name from the past?"

"Well.....I......we....." he said at a loss for words, but was saved when Beth spoke.

"We might as well tell them what we were doing." He couldn't believe she would tell them who they were, where they were from, and who knows what else. But before he could protest, she continued.

"See, the reason, Michael, went to the granolith to think in the first place, was because he was upset over some of the stuff he saw." Zan, then realized what she was doing and quickly followed her example. Again amazed at her quick thinking.

"She was helping me try and remember our other life. And after what happened at the granolith we both must have reverted back to the memories and got a little confused."

"I guess that explains why you thought we were dating, but why did you call me Marie?" asked Isabel knowing her former name was, Vilandra.

"Your middle name was Marie and were called that sometimes." This time it was Beth turn to be surprised at his answer. I can't believe she actually bought that stupid story? Beth thought.

"I have just one last question. What did you mean when you were talking about a crystal? If you were remembering things from the past do you know what it did, if it's here on earth, or if it's important?" asked Max.

"The crystal is important, we have to guard it with our lives. If it got into the wrong hands terrible things could happen." Zan said with all seriousness.

"What does it do?" asked Isabel.

"It's for time travel." Beth said, but decided to leave out the fact that you needed the granolith to make it work.
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Thanks for the reviews RhondaAnn, FaithfulAngel24, and SweetnSpicy. Well here it is the answer to the much asked question "Who are Zan and Beth?"

Chapter 7 - Revelations, Good and Bad

When Maria got to the Crashdown she was a little worried. She didn't know what Ava might do or say after what had happened ealier, but all she did was tell her what tables needed help and then went back to work. So Maria went to work too, putting on the all too familiar alien uniform.

After all of the questions had been answered, Max realized what time it was. "Wow, its 7:25. You two should probably get home and get some sleep, especially, you Maria. After that injury you really need to take it easy."

"Yeah, you're right, I could use some sleep." Beth said truthfully.

"Come on, lets go." Zan said to Beth, glad for the first time in his life that Amy Deluca never moved.

Once they left the Evans' home Zan asked the question that had been bothering him since Max said they should go home. "You don't by any chance remember where casa Guerin is do you?"

Beth shot a look at him. "You mean you don't know?"

Zan simply shook his head.

"Well, when you drop me off I can check for the address. I'm sure they should have it somewhere." she said reassuringly.

When Michael finally got to the Pod Chamber he was still angry with Maria, but tried to put it all aside so he could do what he came here for. Once inside he went straight to the spot on the granolith where he had placed the crystal earlier.

It's not here!? Thought a very confused Michael, when he got to the spot and the crystal was not there. Maybe it disappeared after we used it, like a one time use only thing. It was then that he noticed the bag in the corner. Or maybe someone took it. I bet whoever it was left this book bag behind. He thought holding up the bag he had found. Maybe there's something in there that can tell me who took the crystal. Whoever owns this bag probably owns the car Maria and me swiped earlier.

He ripped it open and dumped all of the contents onto the floor. A few books, some papers, a notebook, a wallet, and several other things lay on the floor when he was done. He picked up a piece of paper with a note on it. The note said:

Beth,

I did something really stupid. I'm hoping you can help me fix it. Could you meet me after class so we can talk?

Marie

Not knowing, or caring for that matter, what the note was about, Michael dropped it back into the pile and quickly picked up a wallet. When he saw the owners ID inside, he was speechless. He couldn't believe it! The picture, it was Maria, but then it wasn't? Sure she had short hair, but that wasn't the difference he noticed. Michael knew Maria, he knew every inch of her face, every curve, every freckle, everything. And this was not Maria no matter how much she might have tried to look like Maria. Anyone else would have thought she was Maria, but not him. Michael then glanced at the Maria look-a-like's name. Guerin, Isabel Elizabeth, Born: 2004!!! He just starred, mouth hanging open, and eyes wide with shock and disbelief. I think I might have a heart attack.

He was more than a little overwhelmed. He didn't know what to think. I mean all his life he never thought he'd get married, let alone have kids. It was a little unnerving to think that he would have a child. Him! Michael the screw up! Michael Stonewall Guerin!

Zan pulled the car into the driveway and turned it off. They both got out and walked up to the front door. Suddenly the door opened. Startled, Beth jumped back knocking Zan of balance, which caused him to almost fall backwards down the steps.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!??" screamed a very, very, angry Amy Deluca as she drug Beth into the house. Zan quickly followed them inside, not wanting his grandma to get his sister angry enough to do something stupid, like use her powers. Please don't let her use her powers!

"I was up worried all night! I thought something terrible had happened to you! How could you do this to me, Maria? How could you? And with Him?" Amy said with disgust when she spoke of Michael. "He has a record longer than my arm. He....." she couldn't finish her thought because Beth jumped in to defend her father.

"If I remember correctly you were arrested many times yourself. How is that any different?" she said. Maria had always told Beth how much her mother had disliked Michael when they were dating, but Amy had always treated Michael like a son for as long as Beth could remember. She had always assumed her mother was just exaggerating, but it wasn't until now that she realized her mother had actually been sugar coating it.

"That is completely different. What I did was for good."

"What is chaining yourself to a tree good for? Please, tell me because I'm dying to know how that accomplished anything, besides making you look like a complete fool." Beth said, anger rising higher with ever word.

"How dare you speak to me like that. What I did was for a noble cause. What has he ever done that brought good to anyone. He's nothing but a no account, low down, dirty, lying, cheating, stealing, trailer trash junkie, who only wants to corrupt you to be just like him!" Amy said venomously, starring at Zan with hate in her eyes.

"I can't believe you just said that!" Beth said in disbelief. She never thought that her grandmother would stoop so low to say something like that and presumably to his face.

"Come on, lets get what we came for and go. I can't stand the sight of her anymore." Beth said to her brother, who had yet to say anything.

"What are you talking about!? You are not leaving this house young lady! And you, can GET OUT OF MY HOUSE AND NEVER COME NEAR ME OR MY DAUGHTER AGAIN!" Amy yelled.

"Oh, yeah just try and stop me!!" Beth yelled back as her and Zan pushed passed Amy and went to their mother's old bedroom. When they got into the room Zan used his powers to lock the door so that Amy couldn't follow them in. So she yelled and screamed at them from the other side.

"Ok, where do you think Mom, would have Dad's address?" said Zan, speaking for the first time since they entered the house.

"Probably in her address book." Beth said obviously trying to calm herself down. After some looking they finally found Maria's address book and quickly wrote down Michael's address on a piece of paper. It was then that they noticed how quite it was.

"Why do you think Gran stopped yelling at us?" asked Zan , who was starting to get worried, because he knew his grandmother. She was crazy when she got angry and he'd never seen her this mad before.

"I don't know, but I don't want to find out." she said equally afraid at what Amy Deluca might do.

"Let's go out the window then we don't have to worry about it." Zan suggested, Beth just nodded and began to open the window.

After they had both climbed out of the window; they began to walk around to the front of the house so they could get in their mother's car and leave, but stopped when they heard something. Peeking around the side, Zan saw what Amy had done.

"She called the cops!!" he said shocked, seeing a police car parked out front.

"What! Why!?" was all Beth could say, she too was in shock. Zan didn't answer her. He grabbed her arm and led her off in the other direction, across neighbors' lawns until they were a good distance away.

Just when they thought they were safe someone grabbed Beth. She screamed and Zan jumped to protect her. "What are you trying to do give me a heart attack?" Beth said, still trying to catch her breath, when she turned around and saw Alex.

"Man, I could have seriously hurt you. Do you want to die?" Zan asked, adrenaline still pumping.

"Sorry, I didn't know that you two were so jumpy." he said amused at their expressions.

"It's ok; it's not really your fault." Beth said.

"Did you want something? Or did you come over here just to scare us?" Zan asked.

"Well, now that you mention it. Yes, I did come over for a reason. I was just wondering what you were doing out here, Ria, because you told me yesterday that you had to open today? Or is that code for 'I'm spending the day with Michael so I can't hang out with you Whitman'?" Alex asked jokingly.

"No, I would rather spend time with you than him any day." Beth said laughing.

"Hey, I'm right here." Zan said irritated.

"I completely forgot I had to work. Thanks for reminding me, Alex." she continued completely ignoring Zan.

"Then you better get over there before Liz freaks out. It looked pretty hectic in there." stated Alex.

"Ok, I'll go right over." she said to Alex.

"Are you going to pick me up when I get off?" she asked Zan.

"Yeah, I'll be around later. There's something I want to check first?" he said. She nodded understanding what he meant and followed Alex to the Crashdown.

When Beth got to the Crashdown she didn't know what to expect from Liz, but she soon found out. The moment Liz saw them come in, she went up to them.

"Maria are you ok? Did something happen? Where were you, you were supposed to be here two hours ago? I called your house, but your mom wouldn't tell me where you were. So I called your cell, but I couldn't get through." Liz asked. She was really worried about her friend, Maria always called if she was going to be late.

"I'm fine, nothing happened. I'm so sorry I completely forgot about work. But before you yell at me about forgetting, let me just say that I have a really good excuse. If you don't believe me, you can ask Max and Isabel." Beth said, glad that Liz didn't seem too mad.

Liz nodded understanding that it was obviously something alien. She would have to remember to ask Maria about it later, but now was not the time, the place was packed. She then told Beth what tables needed help and then went back to work. So Beth went to work too, putting on the all too familiar alien uniform.
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Thanks FaithfulAngel24, Jessibelle47, and loviedovie for your reviews. I LOVE them! :D
You'll have to wait a little longer to see Maria's reaction, but It's comming soon.

Chapter 8 - Alien Aprons and Cash Registers

Maria, having been awake all night with Michael stealing the crystal and now at the Crashdown working, was starting to feel the effects of the last 48 hours.

There had only been a few problems. The first had occurred when she went to the register to ring something up. Once there she realized that she had no idea how to use it. This register was nothing like she was used to. It was just a box. The top of the box was a computer screen. One side of the box had a hole with a tray attached to it and a slit above where the hole and tray were. On the opposite side of the box was a small grey square.

Maria just stared at the contraption wondering how to work it. At a loss for what to do, she touched the screen, immediately it came to life. The screen read, "Order Please." Maria touched the screen again, hoping it would do something, but it didn’t. After messing with it for a few more minutes the screen finally changed. This time it read, "For easy to follow directions on how to use this product say, “Directions.” Maria was confused at the words, but decided to try it anyway.

"Directions." she said aloud. To her delight the screen changed again, this time telling her what to do.

Touching the screen when asked to and speaking when told to, Maria figured out what the price was and told the customer. Once they paid she looked at the screen to see what to do next. The screen read, "Say the amount given and then place your finger on the FPIP (Finger Print Identification Pad) on the side of this product. CAUTION: Only recognizable prints will be able to open the money drawer."

"$25.00." she said.

Maria was worried that her prints wouldn’t match, but she decided to try. Surprisingly, the drawer opened. She placed the money in and was about to take the correct change out when two bills came out of the slit in the side of the box and change came out of the hole and landed in the tray. Maria grabbed the money and handed it to the customer.

"I’m so sorry. It’s my first day." Maria lied.

"It’s okay. Just promise me you’ll learn how to use that thing before someone else has to pay." the man said laughing.

"I will. And thank you for being patient." she said.

The next thing that happened completely caught Maria of guard. She was cleaning up some tables and started to sing. The girl that looked like Ava, who everyone had been calling Emma, came up to Maria with a look of confusion and astonishment on her face.

"Are you singing?" Ava/Emma asked (Maria still wasn't quite sure what to call her.)

"Is there something wrong with that?" Maria asked, wondering why there would be a problem.

"Well, yeah. Since when can you sing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, I get it your messing with me aren't you? Ok, Travis come on out. I know your around here somewhere." she said looking around.

"What are you talking about?" asked a concerned Maria.

"Wait a minute, I just remembered he went of with Dad to......Are you telling me that you were really singing?" Ava/Emma asked when realization finally dawned on her.

"Yeah." Maria said slowly.

"I'm losing my mind that's all it is. I'm losing my mind." she kept saying as she walked away from Maria and into the back.

The last thing the happen, occurred when the place was packed. The ice machine had broken and Ava/Emma pulled Maria aside to talk to her.

"Beth, the ice machine is broken, fix it." she told Maria. Maria had no idea how to fix an ice machine, but decided she had to try at least.

Ten minutes later, Ava/Emma came to find out what was taking so long. When she saw Maria fiddling with the machine trying to make it work, she almost flipped.

"What are you doing?" Ava/Emma asked.

"I'm trying to fix the machine like you told me to." Maria said wondering why she would even ask.

"I didn't mean fix it. I meant fix it." she said winking.

"What?" Maria asked confused.

"Use your powers." she said through gritted teeth.

"Powers?"

"Yes, powers. Now, hurry up." she said then left to get back to work. Powers? I don't have any powers, so how am I going to fix this thing? She thought to herself. Then in a moment of frustration and anger, she exclaimed out loud, "Why is this happening to me? Why won't you just work? You BANG stupid BANG piece of BANG crap!" Chug, Chug, Chug, Hummm After hitting it a few times it started to work. This is going to be a long day, she thought

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Beth had been working only a couple of hours, but it felt like an eternity and she didn't know why. It's not like it's the first time I've ever worked at the Crashdown before. Maybe it's because of everything that has happened today. Maybe it's finally taking it's toll on me. I mean first there was the whole mess with Marie, then wandering all over town looking for Zan, and then the being sent to the past thing and having to pretend to be my mother. Yeah, that's most likely it. She thought.

A lot had happened the few hours she'd been working, as well. First was the cash register. Sure she'd seen ones like it before in old stores where the owners refused to update, but actually using it was completely different. It was big and bulky. And what was with all of the buttons? And if it couldn't get any worse you had to count out the money yourself instead of the machine giving it to you, what's up with that?

It had taken her what seemed like forever to figure out how to use it, but finally Liz noticed her confusion and came over and helped. She's going to think I'm stupid or something. Once the customers where gone, sure enough Liz began asking questions.

"Maria, what's wrong, I mean you couldn't figure out how to use the register?"

"Nothing's wrong." Beth said. Except that I don't belong here!

"Don't lie to me, people just don't forget how to do something."

"Liz, really, nothing's wrong. I promise. I just had a minor case of amnesia." she lied.

"If you say so." Liz said skeptically. As she walked away she couldn't help but wonder what had happened to Maria earlier. Because she had no doubt in her mind that whatever it was that had caused Maria to be late for work was the same thing that had caused her to forget how to use the register.

Wow, I'm really going to have to be more careful. I don't want to do anything that might change their future and my present, Beth thought.

Several times later Beth secretly used her powers to help with the work load. One particular time she had all most been caught by Liz. The ice machine had broken down again. Does this thing ever work? She asked herself, while wondering why Liz had never sprung for a new one in the future.

She started to check it out to see what was wrong, so she would know if she could fix it or not. Then she saw the problem ice had gotten stuck together and was blocking up the machine. She quickly caused fire to form in her hand and began melting the stuck ice. Once it had all melted she got rid of the fire. Then swiped her hand over the melted ice and it began to reform into ice again. Just as she was finishing Liz walked in.

"What are you doing?" asked Liz, confused as to why her friend was messing around with the ice machine.

"The machine wasn't working so I'm trying to fix it." said Beth, startled that she had been caught.

"Really?" she asked wondering how Maria would know how to fix an ice machine.

"Well, I was just messing around with it, I was lucky it actually started working again." she said, hoping Liz would buy it.

"That is lucky." Liz said when she saw that the machine was indeed working. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot the reason I came looking for you. Alex is out front the wants to tell you something."

"Ok." She said and followed Liz out front.

Alex was sitting on a stool at the counter. Beth went and sat down on the stool beside him. "So, what did you want to tell me." she asked, praying it was something she could handle.

"I was wondering if you were free tomorrow night?"

"I don't know, I'll have to check. Why?" she asked curious.

"The Whits got a gig to play at this place across town." he said excited.

"And you want me to sing?" she asked weakly.

"Of course. So can you do it?" he asked again.

"I'll have to see." she said and before he could say anything else she got up and locked herself in the bathroom. Me sing? I can't sing! How am I supposed to do that! I think I'm going to have a heart attack! What am I going to do! Zan, you better have a good plan to get me out of this!
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Thank you for the reviews loviedovie (You'll find out who Emma and Travis are in this chapter.), Jessibelle47, and FaithfulAngel24.

Chapter 9 - Video Games and Soda Machines

After Michael finally got over the initial shock, he then looked through the rest of the contents of the bag. Not finding anything else important, he put everything, except the keys, back into the bag. After he was done he looked around the chamber once more to make sure there was nothing else in there, then left.

When he got back into the car he tried the keys, the car started. Michael smiled, his suspicions had been correct. The whole way back to town Michael was trying to convince himself that he couldn’t possibly have a daughter; but the more he tried, the more he thought about what it would be like to be a father.

A daughter. What would that be like? I defiantly wouldn’t let her be with anyone like me. She looks so much like Maria. So beautiful. She probably has guys hanging around her all the time. Well, I will just have to put a stop to that! Maria would defiantly get mad at me if I did that. He laughed, thinking of what Maria would do to stop him from being so over protective. She’d probably say something like, "Michael, you of all people should know what it’s like to have to deal with an over protective parent." It was then that he realized why Amy acted the way she did. She didn’t believe he was good enough for Maria. And why should she, he didn’t even believe he was good enough for her. Maria was her only daughter, she just wanted the best for her. Then I’m going to prove to her and myself that I’m the best for Maria. And when we get back, if we get back, I’m going to apologize to Amy and try my best to makeup for all of the stupid stuff I’ve done to both of them.

He decided to go to the address on the drivers license, just to make sure it wasn‘t some hoax. It didn’t take him long to find the place. It was a nice two story home in what looked like a good neighborhood. He parked across the street and sat in the car trying to decide if he should go in or not. What if someone sees me? I could get in trouble for breaking and entering. On the other hand, I’ll never figure out if this is true unless I go inside. He got out and went to the front door.

Michael was about to use his powers and break in, but then he noticed a large square beside the door. He didn’t know what it was, so he put his hand on it. When he did the door opened and a voice was heard, "Welcome home, Michael." (AN: Is it just me or do you feel a Back to the Future vibe too?) He jumped when he heard that. Looking around he didn’t see anyone, so he just went inside.

Once he got inside he tried to find the light switch so he could see what the place looked like. "Where are the lights?" Michael said out loud when he couldn’t find the switch. At the word "lights" the lights came on. "That’s convenient." Michael said amazed.

With the lights on he could finally see what the house looked like. He wandered around the home, going from room to room.

Michael looked at the pictures that sat around the house and hung on the walls. He looked at them one at a time. There were pictures of the Maria look alike, his daughter, and Maria; his daughter and him; her and someone who looked like Michael but younger (His son?); Amy Deluca and Jim Valenti (On their wedding day!); Amy, Maria, and their daughter; him and the boy that looked like him; and Maria with the boy. Then there were various pictures of Max, Isabel, Kyle, Liz, Alex, and Ava; as well as pictures of who he assumed was his friends’ children.

And then he got to the only three pictures that were on fireplace mantel. The first was of him, Maria, his daughter, and his son. He was pretty sure now that the boy was his son. I have a son! The middle picture was him and Maria on their wedding day. She looks so beautiful. And the last picture was of him and all of his friends at the Crashdown before they left for the prom.

He then went up stairs to look around. When he opened the door on the right he stopped and stared. It was obviously a girl’s room. His daughter’s room. He slowly looked over her room. He then continued across the hall to the next room, where he found his sons’ room, he again lingered. The next door was slightly opened, but seeing that it was a bathroom he didn‘t go in. When he got to the last room, the master bedroom, he stood in front of the door a minute before he went in.

Eventually Michael was back in the living room where he had begun. He was about to leave and get Maria, but then he noticed something sitting on the floor by the TV. On closer inspection he found that it was a device with a curved, orb like top. When he put his hand on it the TV came on with “PAUSED” written in red across the screen. Michael then new exactly what the device was, a video game controller.

He immediately began moving his hand around on the controller to see if he could get it to start playing the game. With every move of his hand and fingers something would happen on the screen, but of course the one thing he wanted to happen didn’t. After messing with it for awhile and not getting anywhere, he rested his hand on the orb and started tapping his thumb on the side while he thought. The moment he tapped the orb twice, the game came to life. Not knowing how to play or how to use to controller, he died quickly. Just as another game was beginning, a voice was heard, "Welcome home, Michael." Before he even had time to react his older self walked in.

"I’m home." Future Michael said, once inside. He then noticed someone, who he assumed was his son, playing video games in the living room. "Shouldn’t you have left already to pick your sister up from work?" he asked while dropping his things on the couch.

"Oh, yeah." said the younger Michael, scared to even turn around. Younger Michael, quickly got up and left, all without looking at his future self. He didn’t want his older self to realize who he was. He had to tell Maria what he found out. Maria! Oh no, she is going to kill me for being late. He began to drive a little faster.

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Zan made sure Beth and Alex were far away before he started off in the opposite direction. He was pretty sure Beth thought that he was going to do something productive and important, but in reality he wasn’t. Zan just wanted to wander around Roswell and see how different everything was from his time. Beth will be so mad if she finds out I’m wandering around town. Well, then I guess she just can’t find out. Zan thought, smiling to himself.

After a little while Zan found himself in front of the old movie theater. Well, it was old in his time anyway. He stopped and starred at it, thinking about what it was like in the future. It had only played old movies for as long as Zan could remember. It was one of the only remaining theaters that played 2D movies, instead of the holographic movies that other theaters would show. I remember taking Marie here just last week to see the classic thriller, The Sixth Sense. Just then he remembered what had happened earlier with Marie, the reason he was in the Pod Chamber in the first place.

Flashback

Zan was walking down the hallway to the cafeteria. He was excited; he couldn’t wait to see his girlfriend Marie. Friday, he had received his acceptance letter to New Mexico State University. He wanted to call her right away and tell her, but she was spending the weekend with her family at her grandparent’s house. It was now Monday and he had been waiting all day to see her at lunch.

Zan went to his friends’ regular table. Only Mike Evans, Travis and Emma Valenti (AN: Kyle’s son is named Travis in honor of my weird sister, who for some reason has always had this problem where she calls Kyle, Travis.), and Marie Whitman was at the table. Zan set down next to Marie.

"I’ve been accepted to New Mexico State!" Zan said excited.

"Really! That’s great, man!" said an equally excited Mike.

"When did you find out?" asked his cousin Emma.

"Actually, Em, I found out Friday." Zan said somewhat reluctantly. His cousin was nice, but she had a bad temper.

"Alexander Maxwell Guerin do not tell me that you found this out Friday and decided to not tell me until Monday! I mean it’s not like you haven’t seen me or anything. I was with you all weekend and you didn’t tell me! Why?!" said a very angry Emma.

"Hey, Em, calm down. I’m as mad as you are that he didn’t tell us until now, but that’s no reason to go and middle name him." Travis said trying to calm his baby sister down.

"Yeah, I guess your right. Sorry, Zander. I just got a little carried away." Emma said.

"It’s ok." he said and then mouthed "Thank you." to Travis, who nodded in reply.

"You’re being really quiet, Marie. Don’t you want to congratulate, Zander?" Mike asked his cousin.

"I can’t deal with this right now." Marie said as she got up and ran away, her long black hair flying behind her. Zan immediately got up and followed her.

"Hey, Marie! Wait! Stop!" he said running behind her as she ran around a corner. When he got to the other side she was leaning against the wall crying. He slowly walked up to her, hoping she wouldn’t run away again.

"Marie, what’s the matter? Are you ok? Why did you run away?" he asked concerned.

"I don’t think we should see each other anymore." she said flatly wiping away her tears.

"What?" Zan asked, hoping he had heard her wrong.

"I said, I don’t think we should date anymore, Zander." she said as she started to walk away. He grabbed her arm and turned her around.

"What do you mean; you don’t want to date anymore? Did I do something?" he asked hoping whatever it was he could fix it.

"I have to get to class, Zan." She said as she pulled away from him and left. He watched her walk away, thinking maybe; just maybe she’d turn around and tell him it was all a joke. But she didn’t turn around. It was then that he went to the granolith.

End Flashback

Zan looked at the theater again and then quickly took off down the street to get away from the bad memories. He continued walking around until he became thirsty. He noticed a soda machine across the street so he walked over to it. As he crossed the street Max came up to him.

"Hey. Long time no see." Max said laughing

"Yeah. I was just walking around town, while Be...Maria is at work." Zan said catching himself. Luckily, Max didn’t seem to notice his slipup.

"Oh."

Zan reached into his pocket and pulled out a ten dollar bill and started to put it into the machine, seeing this Max couldn’t help but say something.

"Michael, what are you doing? You’re about to put ten dollars in there." Max said grabbing Zans' arm to stop him. Before Zan could ask how much he should put in, Max put a dollar bill in for him.

"Thanks." Zan said not sure what else to say. Then he looked at the machine and said, "Pepsi." Needless to say, Max was more than a little confused at this, but even more so when Zan repeated it again.

"Michael, what are you doing?" Max asked completely baffled.

"I’m trying to get a drink, what does it look like?" Zan asked confused. At this Max reached over and hit the Pepsi button on the soda machine and a can came rolling down into the tray, while change fell into the change slot.

"Are you ok?" Max asked, wondering how anyone could forget how to use a soda machine.

"Of course, I’m fine." He said slightly irritated with Max and himself. He grabbed the can and walked off towards his dad’s apartment.

Once he found the place he was a little shocked at how bad the street was that his dad lived on. Zan went into the building, up two flights of stairs, and down the hall to get to Michael’s small apartment. Not having a key, Zan used his powers to unlock the door.

When he was inside, Zan just looked around in amazement. This place is a pigsty. Luckily he has mom to clean up after him. Zan thought. After he looked around; which didn’t take very long since there was only the living room/kitchen, bedroom, and a bathroom; he decided to go hang out at the Crashdown and wait till Beth got off work.

Once outside he realized that he really didn’t want to walk all the way back and since he left the car at his grandmothers’ house, he walked into a back alley. When he was in the alley and out of sight he swiped his hand in the air and a motorcycle appeared. Zan got on, started it up, and drove off to bother his sister at work.

Unnoticed by Zan was a grey car parked across the street with two strange men who were watching him. "He just left the building." the man in the passengers side said into his phone. "Yes, Sir." He hung up the phone and turned to the driver.

"Marcus says to only watch them. For now."
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Thanks Jessibelle47 for the only review. I'm so happy you're enjoying the story. :) You'll just have to wait and see if they get caught. Since you were the only one who reviewed this chapter is dedicated to you.

Chapter 10 - Kissing the Enemy

Maria was sitting on the counter in the Crashdown waiting, not so patiently, for Michael. Emma walked in from the backroom and sat down on a stool next to Maria.

"Still not here yet?" Emma asked worried.

"No! Not yet! When he gets here I’m going to kill him!" Maria said angrily.

"Calm down, Beth. You know whatever it was that is keeping him must be important. I mean Zan always calls if he's going to be late." Emma said trying to calm her cousin down. Whoever "Zan" is he’s nothing like Michael. Michael is always late and never cares to call. Maria thought.

"That’s why I’m so worried, Emma. Like you said he’s never late and always calls. I’m just really worried that something might have happened to him." Maria lied, hoping Emma would by it. I am so not worried about him. Maria thought. Her anger toward Michael was growing more by every passing minute.

"Don’t worry I’m sure he’s fine." Emma said trying to comfort her friend. I just hope she’s not right. Emma thought sadly.

Just then, the bell over the front door sounded. Both girls looked up expectantly. But to their dismay it wasn’t Michael or Zan.

"Hey, Andon." Emma said, greeting the guy wearing a leaterman jacket who had just walked in.

"Hey, Emma. Hey Bethy." Andon said. He then walked over and stood in front of Maria putting his arms around her waist and then leaned in for a kiss. Maria quickly pushed him away from her and jumped off the counter.

"What do you think you re doing!" Maria said loudly, completely shocked that some stranger would come up and try to kiss her.

"Ahh....trying to kiss my girlfriend. What’s wrong? Are you ok? Oh, I get it. I’m sorry, I called you Bethy, I know you hate it. I won’t do it again." He said. Girlfriend? Oh, no! He’s dating that girl, Beth, everyone seems to think I am. Then I go and freak out on him. He probably thinks I'm crazy or something. Quick think! If he were Michael and you did that to him,what would you do to fix it? AHH! I can’t think! While Maria was still thinking Emma began to speak.

"She’s worried about Zan." Emma said to Andon. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are my all time favorite person! Maria thought happily.

"Why? What’s wrong with him? He didn’t have some terrible accident did he?" Andon said laughing. He really hated Beth’s brother.

"Shut up Andon! That’s not funny!" Emma said, mad that he would even joke about something like that.

"Ow. Sorry. I didn’t mean anything by it." He said when he got a punch in the arm from Emma. It was then that Maria noticed Michael walking across the street to the Crashdown. She quickly formed a plan to get Michael back for the jerk he’d been earlier.

"Andon." She said slowly hoping she had his name right. "I’m sorry about before. Let me make it up to you." Maria kissed Andon and he gladly excepted, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close.

Just then Michael got to the door and saw Maria kissing some jock! He threw it open and practically ran over to them. He grabbed Andon by the shoulder and turned him around. Andon didn’t have time to even realized what had happened before Michael punched him. Andon was knocked out cold on the floor, but before either girl could do anything to help him, Michael began yelling.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING!!!???" Michael yelled at his girlfriend.

"You jerk! Why did you hit him!?" Maria yelled back.

"Why did I hit him? He was all over you!"

"No he wasn’t!"

"Yes he was! Now tell me why you were kissing him!?" Michael yelled, it was driving him crazy. He couldn’t get the image out of his head.

"I can kiss my girlfriend if I want. I’m dating your sister no matter how much you hate me, Zan." Andon said finally coming around and standing up. Michael was just about to say that Maria was his girlfriend, but then he realized that the guy had called him Zan. Zan? My son! He said he’s dating Zan’s sister, so that would mean...Beth! No way is this punk dating my daughter!

"Listen, loser!" Michael said grabbing Andon by the shirt collar. "Keep away from Beth! If I ever see you near her again, I’ll make sure it’s the last thing you ever do!" he said, then threw Andon against the counter.

"Let’s go." Michael said to Maria as her grabbed her arm and began to pull her towards the door.

"I’m not going anywhere with you." Maria said angrily, as she pulled out of his grasp.

"Come on, Beth, I’ll take you home." Andon said.

"Did I not just tell you to leave her alone?" Michael asked, trying, but not really succeeding, to hold his anger in. He knew that was the only way to get Maria to calm down and come with him. Andon was about to reply when a voice was heard.

"AAHHH!!! STOP IT NOW!" Everyone turned to where the voice was coming from. They saw Emma on the floor holding her head. "JUST SHUT UP EVERYBODY! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" She screamed. The pain was just too much for her.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay!" Maria said running up to where Emma was lying.

"I’ll be fine if you guys just calm down." she said weakly.

"Andon, will you take her home?"Maria asked, hoping that if she separated the boys than maybe whatever it was that was wrong with Emma would stop.

"Yeah, sure." he said. Andon picked Emma up off the floor and carried her out to his car to drive her home. Maria turned to Michael with fear on her face.

"Michael, what’s wrong with her? Do you think it has something to do with what happened to us? Could it be some after effect from the granolith?" she asked, worried that her new friend wouldn’t get better.

"Probably not, but I don’t know." he said truthfully. "But when you mentioned what happened to us, you reminded me that I haven’t told you what I found out."

"You know what happened! That’s great! Do you know how we can fix everything! Do you know if.....Michael where are you going?" she asked as he walked out the door and across the street. She saw him go over to the car they had stolen earlier and take out something, a bag, then he headed back to the Crashdown.

"Michael, whose stuff is this?" she asked, when he dumped the contents of the bag on top of a table.

"I went back to the Granolith and found this bag. When I saw the divers license I realized that we were in the future."

"WHAT!!" Maria said shocked. That is the absolute last thing I thought he was going to say. She said to herself. "Are you sure? I mean how can you be certain?" she asked.

"Because I went to the address to make sure. Maria, it’s real."

"I can’t believe it! We’re actually in the future!" she said excited.

"There’s more." he said not quite sure how to tell her.

"What?" she asked, curiosity peaked.

He took the drivers license from the wallet and held it in his hand. Michael took a deep breath and began. "This ID belongs to the owner of this stuff. I went to their house and everything is real. It’s all true."

"Michael, get on with it already." she said, slightly irritated that he was taking so long to get to the point.

"Maria, this license belongs to Isabel Elizabeth Guerin."

"WHAT!" she screamed. "I have a daughter! I’ve always wanted a little girl! I can’t believe it! Wait, she is mine right? You didn’t marry someone else did you? Cause that would explain why you didn’t want to tell me who she was. I....." but she didn’t get to finish her rant because Michael shoved the picture in her face.

"She’s defiantly yours." he said irritated that she would even think he would marry someone else. She was the only person who would ever want him.

When she saw the picture Maria squealed with delight and threw her arms around Michael. "I can’t believe it! We have a daughter! Wait, is this who everyone thinks I am?" she asked realization just hitting her.

"Yes, and everyone thinks I’m our son." he said.

"Our son! We have a son and daughter! And you went to our home without me." she said pouting.

"Well if you stop talking and come on, then you can see it too." he said. At his words Maria quickly went to make sure all of the lights were out, while Michael put everything back into the bag. Once they were done she locked the door and followed Michael to the car, so she could see her future home.
Last edited by Redrumm on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.