Original Writing

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

DMartinez wrote:Okay, so my problem is this.

I get my characters established. I get good conflict going. I get the story line and backplots grooving. I get about 70% through the story and then I lose my mojo and can't finish it.

It sucks ass.
I have that problem a lot. Maybe you could try writing the ending first. I mean, most people know how they want the story to end. Maybe try writing the last chapter first and then writing up to it. I've heard of people doing it but I've never quite tried it like that. I will write a scene that I have well in my mind and save it and then insert it where I want it later. Just an idea.
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

I rarely have an ending in mind for any story, especially not my originals. I have these scenes, so I write them. Then I write what leads up to it and sometimes the consequences of it but then it just... vanishes. Like. HAHA. I led you this far and now you have to do it on your own.
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

LOL! That was a funny way to describe it.
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
POM

Re: Original Writing

Post by POM »

Lorastar wrote:How many people here also write original fiction?

I've been working on a few pieces, but for some reason, it never seems to come as easy as writing fan fics. Has anyone else ever had that problem? Where do you find inspiration?
I used to write orginal fiction when I was younger...like maybe 10 years old, I attempted to write a book. :P

I know...I got to chapter 23 and just stopped, I don't know why--but I still remember word for word what it was about. Still even after 13 years after :lol: but I tend to find my inspiration from Songs I can relate to, dreams, things that have happened to me and or my history.

I love to write, whether that be...song lyrics, stories, short fictions, Fan Fics, Poetry--I find myself always writting.

But I do agree, my fictions outside of Roswell don't always come to me as easily...but they are there inside of me, and it's just a matter of bringing them out that tends to be the problem every now and then.

Emotionally, I'm not all there right now mainly because of my recent breakup with my finacee Eric, that I find to bring a lot of anger, pain, frusteration, and worn out attuide in myself. But instead of keeping it bottled in, I just let it out--on paper.

so, I guess my reply to your question is...for me...it's my experiences in what's happened to me recently, in the past, or what I want to heppen to me in the future.

<3 POM