Music Roswell Introduced You To

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Music Roswell Introduced You To

Post by belleoftheball »

I know there is already a music thread but I think this is a little different. Anyway if a moderator is inclined to erase it, go ahead I've been wrong before.

So my point is:

Was anyone else introduced to a certain musical artist who appeared on Roswell, and now they are one of your faves?

I had never heard of Ivy, Beth Orton, or Gomez before Roswell and now I have all of their CD's.

So anyone else or am I just a big looser? :roll:
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Hey, you're not the only one! :D

After Roswell:

Lifehouse
Sarah McLachlan

and a little bit of Beth Orton, Ivy and Mazzy Star. :D
nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

After Roswell:

Lifehouse
Sarah McLachlan

and a little bit of Beth Orton, Ivy and Mazzy Star.
I´ve also been introduced to Lifehouse and Sarah McLachlan through Roswell and now I have some of their albums...and Dido,but I´m not sure whether I heard "Here with me" first in the Roswell opening credits or elsewhere.

I like a lot of other artists on Roswell like Couting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, Sheryl Crow, Kasey Chambers, Remy Zero etc. too,it´s just that I can´t afford to buy all the albums I liked to.
Duccia
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Duccia »

Here we go... Lifehouse, Sarah McLachlan, Sense field, Counting Crows, Better than Ezra, Coldplay, Creed, Third Eye Blind, Stereophonics, Tori Amos, Fuel and... (*drumroll*)... MAJANDRA DELFINO!!! :wink:

What more can I say? THANK YOU ROSWELL!!!
Topy458
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Topy458 »

I totally agree! My ipod is FULL of Roswell songs!! I just couldn't live without them! :D
*The Future Is What You Make Of It*
nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

Here we go... Lifehouse, Sarah McLachlan, Sense field, Counting Crows, Better than Ezra, Coldplay, Creed, Third Eye Blind, Stereophonics, Tori Amos, Fuel and... (*drumroll*)... MAJANDRA DELFINO!!!
How could I forget Majandra?I love "The sicks".Unfortunately her music isn´t really easy to get.
The other artists you listed are great as well.
belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

HA!! I am not alone!

Anyway the whole reason I asked that question was cause my boyfriend was looking thru my ipod the other day and was laughing at me cause he says I have schitzophrenic's taste in music :roll:

But once I started looking at it myself I noticed alot of the songs came from movies and tv shows (Roswell of course) and thus posed my question here.
Duccia
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Duccia »

nunki wrote:How could I forget Majandra?I love "The sicks".Unfortunately her music isn´t really easy to get.
Yeah I simply love all her songs, but Hell & Bliss and Oil & Water are definitely my favourite... I'm looking forward to listening to Tarte, her new CD, but it isn't easy to get as well... :(
nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

Duccia wrote: Yeah I simply love all her songs, but Hell & Bliss and Oil & Water are definitely my favourite... I'm looking forward to listening to Tarte, her new CD, but it isn't easy to get as well... :(
Oil & Water is also one of my favourites....along with Tatu.Áw...I like all songs on this album.
Yeah,I have no idea where to get that CD either.You can´t even buy it at amazon or other online shops.
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

Roswell got me into Gomez big time. I even went to see them in concert with a friend and now have a bunch of their CD's. It also got me into Ivy and Remy Zero and of course Lifehouse. I still think that Roswell had some of the best music for a TV show. Edge of the Ocean for example is used in so many shows and movies now.

Anyway, i'ma huge fan of Gomez thanks to Roswell :D
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.